Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

Honestly I was wondering why we should buy it  as well. I’m half a country away so also not involved except to hate watch.

what on earth would their show be about? Better yet, who would be their target audience? I don’t dislike either per se but I also really don’t give an eff about them or their lives other than the wee bit of joy I get from this forum. They are not TLC material for sure unless they are hiding some grotesque physical deformity.

also, they are youngish, so why wouldn’t they go to YouTube and put content out there? That can be super lucrative and wouldn’t have to involve faked relations.

Edited by Uuuugghh
I had more thoughts
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

Honestly I was wondering why we should buy it  as well. I’m half a country away so also not involved except to hate watch.

what on earth would their show be about? Better yet, who would be their target audience? I don’t dislike either per se but I also really don’t give an eff about them or their lives other than the wee bit of joy I get from this forum. They are not TLC material for sure unless they are hiding some grotesque physical deformity.

Being a cast member on a reality show seems to cause some ppl to think they are star material. Maddie on MBFFL. First daughter -- can't remember her name -- and her moron hubby from Honey Boo Boo. Many others. I don't doubt for a minute that conniving Ryan sees himself as the star of a TV show. From his IG page, he spends a lot of his SoCal time cozying up to Jacob of PMG. I think he is a pal of a fat, gay guy as much as I believe he is a pal of a fat, narcissistic female.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Uuuugghh said:

also, they are youngish, so why wouldn’t they go to YouTube and put content out there? That can be super lucrative and wouldn’t have to involve faked relations.

They feel like her show is about nothing so why not have the same thing for themselves. They’re truly impressed with how much money she makes off of this show that it got the wheels turning for them. YouTube is great and everything but you have to build a following and not everyone gets monetized. Why not use someone who’s already established??

Sad thing is, I think whit is also using them as there weren’t any attractive young straight guys on the show. The overweight middle aged women are horndogging it out all over Ryan’s social media. What a fan base for your very serious personal training “career.” As soon as Whitney is no longer a part of it, they won’t participate as much as they once did.

Edited by oneintroduction3
  • Love 6

Well that’s great but they should realize she has an “in” as an “oppressed” fat woman. So she’s a victim. They are straight white males, so again what would their show be about? Banging chicks? Pumping iron? Crushing brewskis? Beating up nerds?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, oneintroduction3 said:

Why do I feel like you’re one of the producers or dare I say, cast member?!?!?! The proof unfortunately is a phone call conversation. 

Cool... So you were on the phone with Ryan and or Chase?

Sorry just trying to make sure I understood what you were saying.

I'd love to know if you have anymore tidbits or inside info. 👍

9 hours ago, Uuuugghh said:

OK, now I see what you want, and I'm in.  
How about Ryan has 5 wives already, and Chase has both badly deformed feet, and steatosystomas on his head?

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

OK, now I see what you want, and I'm in.  
How about Ryan has 5 wives already, and Chase has both badly deformed feet, and steatosystomas on his head?

I figure Chase would have some kind of rash he caught from Whitney’s chub then spread to Ryan’s 5 wives.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

Yes, and then let's add that they claim that they are the 20th and 21st children of the Duggars, secret products of Jim Boobs affairs.  They can try to infiltrate the family and gain acceptance!   

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

Yes, and then let's add that they claim that they are the 20th and 21st children of the Duggars, secret products of Jim Boobs affairs.  They can try to infiltrate the family and gain acceptance!   

Throw in a failed political campaign to the tune of $250,000, and you got yourself quite a show!

I think what amazes me the most about this show is how did TLC managed to come up with so many people who are just so...unmotivated.  I will give partial credit to Tal, Heather, and honorable mention to Ashley.  Tal seems like he has his shit together with a normal job (is still a A/D counselor?) and relationship with Jon.  Heather has two kids to support, and I'm guessing she has a full-time job.  I have no clue as to what Ashley does outside the show, but she now has a child to support.  The rest of them are just playing this giant game of 'I-don't-want-to-grow-up-and-you-can't-make-me' with Twit leading the way.  When this show is done, she's going to be in for a big wake-up call.  Sniffing your cat and lounging in your bloomers on someone else's couch ain't paying the bills. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, sixlets said:

Throw in a failed political campaign to the tune of $250,000, and you got yourself quite a show!

I think what amazes me the most about this show is how did TLC managed to come up with so many people who are just so...unmotivated.  I will give partial credit to Tal, Heather, and honorable mention to Ashley.  Tal seems like he has his shit together with a normal job (is still a A/D counselor?) and relationship with Jon.  Heather has two kids to support, and I'm guessing she has a full-time job.  I have no clue as to what Ashley does outside the show, but she now has a child to support.  The rest of them are just playing this giant game of 'I-don't-want-to-grow-up-and-you-can't-make-me' with Twit leading the way.  When this show is done, she's going to be in for a big wake-up call.  Sniffing your cat and lounging in your bloomers on someone else's couch ain't paying the bills. 

From what I can tell the Whitney is really the only one without a real life. Tal and his boyfriend have a home and jobs. Heather has a job and her kids. Ashley has her baby and a relationship. I’m not sure if Ashley has a job. She might be a stay at home mom which is perfectly acceptable as well. None of these people seem to actually see much of Whitney outside of filming times and none of them seem to be relying on TLC money to live, as they all have other sources of income. I’m sure they all like the extra money and lets face it, who wouldn’t, but they aren’t lounging around in their underwear believing the TLC money will be enough to last a lifetime. 

Even Ryan and Chase who are new on the scene and clearly the front runners for screen time this year both have other jobs. They may not be white collar career jobs but that’s fine. They are earning money outside of TLC and seem to have friends and activities that don’t involve Whitney. For a guy who is supposedly engaged to Whitney we haven’t seen one activity or event Chase spent with Whitney that wasn’t about the show or promoting the show. No everyday events. Ok - I’m sorry. There was the one boxing workout with Chase. Forgive me. They are inseparable. And Ryan is supposedly her business partner and doing nobsactive is so time consuming that it takes all of Whitney’s time, but all of Ryan’s workouts show him training and working out with other people and he has time to be a trainer at the boxing place and to hang out with friends and his dog (such a cute dog). Why does Ryan have so much more time than Whitney to do these other things? Maybe Ryan doesn’t nap so much. 

If there is a next season I don’t want to see wedding dress shopping and fake competitions. I want to see Whitney get a real 9 -5 job. I don’t care what kind. Just something she is required to do every day. Then we will see how her weight doesn’t impact her ability to do something. 

• Love 10

I honestly think Ryan and Chase are gay dudes, (not that there's anything wrong with that) and this is just another giant fake relationship.  Like fake name Lenny and mystery man Avi, who I'm not sure even existed.  On the moving episode a viewer said she saw the big chart she made of Avi's supposed relationships in Whitney's storage unit.  Wonder why she would keep such a thing?  Answer:....it's just a stupid fake prop on this stupid fake show. 

Edited by Snarkastikate
Clarity
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

I honestly think Ryan and Chase are gay dudes, (not that there's anything wrong with that) and this is just another giant fake relationship.  Like fake name Lenny and mystery man Avi, who I'm not sure even existed.  On the moving episode a viewer said she saw the big chart she made of Avi's supposed relationships in Whitney's storage unit.  Wonder why she would keep such a thing?  Answer:....it's just a stupid fake prop on this stupid fake show. 

Didn't we actually see Avi?

I don't get a gay vibe from Ryan or Chase nor do I get a couple-y vibe from the two of them together. I know a couple of guys around their age who have a friendship that strikes me as similar to Ryan and Chase's. One of them is straight and one is gay. They have been friends since college, competed together on the same athletic team in college and are close friends - really like brothers. It's a close friendship but it has always been purely platonic - they have both been in romantic relationships with other people throughout their friendship. Now one is engaged to be married and the other is coupled up with the same partner for a few years now. Close male friendships do happen. 

I don't know why Whitney would keep the chart unless it was a dry erase board and she put it in the storage unit without cleaning it off first?

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Dot said:

Jeez, it was probably 40 degrees in Yosemite at sunset today. And she can't throw on a shirt over her bra?

Why is she always in these kinds of photos with her back/ass toward the camera? Normal people taking this photo would just take the beautiful scenery or maybe have their loved ones FACING the camera. But not Whit - it’s always her ass. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Jeez, it was probably 40 degrees in Yosemite at sunset today. And she can't throw on a shirt over her bra?

GET OUT OF MY STATE AND MY FAVORITE NATIONAL PARK THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU (I know they are for everyone but still GET OUT)

2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't get a gay vibe from Ryan or Chase nor do I get a couple-y vibe from the two of them together. I know a couple of guys around their age who have a friendship that strikes me as similar to Ryan and Chase's.

I know lots of dudes who are "flirtatious" in this way. They joke around like 15 year olds and I wouldn't put it past them to have a photo with their butts out like Chase and Ryan. It's a good old-fashioned bromance. Nothing to get your feathers ruffled about.

Honestly, comments like that --that they must be gay because they both happened to be naked in a photo together--not touching, holding hands, kissing, or doing anything sexual or even affectionate, just existing in the same space nakedly--MUST mean they're gay! We complain when boys do horrible things but we don't let them have emotional outlets or friendships with feelings because it's "gay." We don't allow boys to cry or feel or be depressed or feel heartbreak or have a caring friendship that doesn't center around sports or scratching their balls or whatever and then act surprised when they act out or worse. The suicide rate among young men is sky-high because we expect them to be stoic and strong when they have feelings of desperation just like the rest of us. But god forbid they have a decent strong caring friendship where they swing their dicks around from time to time, that's gay you know...

It's SO frustrating. 

And also, beyond being sexist, it's homophobic. The "he doesn't conform to outdated male stereotypes--he must be GAY!" as if it were a pejorative is a slap in the face to those of us who ARE gay. I'm married to the woman of my dreams and have hair down my back, wear dresses nearly every day, and am wearing a full face of makeup as we speak--still doesn't make me straight! These stereotypes need to be Marie Kondo'd because they're not bringing anyone any joy.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Didn't we actually see Avi?

I don't think we ever saw his face or at least I don't recall seeing him...

On the show all I remember was supposedly him in his car as Twittney chased him around but TLC blurred his face out.

Did she ever post pics of him online?

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't think we ever saw his face or at least I don't recall seeing him...

On the show all I remember was supposedly him in his car as Twittney chased him around but TLC blurred his face out.

Did she ever post pics of him online?

Yes. When she first found out she was "the other woman" she went on a huge Facebook rant, including multiple pictures of her with Avi. Within hours the whole post went down. We here theorized that either Avi got a good tech-savvy lawyer or TLC wanted her to shut up about what was clearly going to be a  big story line for them. Or possibly both. All Avi's information and social media appeared to be scrubbed from the internet well before that season aired (according to the Whitney fans who were outraged on her behalf and quite upset by their inability to track him down.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Nada Louis. She, I believe, was actually led on by Avi, what with the whole introduction to her family, supposedly the preliminary to a formal proposal. But I don't think Whitney had too much to complain about. She herself said he told her he had a thing for big women, but liked to play the field, he wasn't interested in anything long term, he wasn't going to marry any time soon, he wasn't going to be her boyfriend. Which she promptly responded to by giving him money, planning to convert to Judaism for him, and telling her friends and family they were discussing marriage. And she was very vague about how much money she had given him and why.  I never got that story straight but it's possible that she lent him @$1500 for a plane ticket (?) and he paid back some of it (?) or nearly all of it (?) and then she found out about Nada and he never gave her the rest of the money he owed her.  But at that point, she was already threatening on Facebook to destroy his reputation forever and teaming up with Nada for the Great Avi Girlfriend Hunt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

She herself said he told her he had a thing for big women, but liked to play the field, he wasn't interested in anything long term, he wasn't going to marry any time soon, he wasn't going to be her boyfriend. Which she promptly responded to by giving him money, planning to convert to Judaism for him, and telling her friends and family they were discussing marriage.

That's  just sad. Could  she really be  that delusional? 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Lol. Trust me, Ryan’s not gay. I could also say the same thing about Chase but I’m 1000000% positive Ryan isn’t gay. 

• Useful 1
On 1/23/2020 at 5:55 PM, Snarkastikate said:

I’m just curious as to why people think Chase or Ryan are gay.  I get the fake part but wonder why they think those two are actually the couple or that the are just two individual gay men.  I don’t keep up with all their SM or even the episodes, but  they just seem like best friends to me.  I’ve seen this posted a few different places, so I was just wondering why people thought that.  No judgment, yours was just the last post so I thought of the question.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, oneintroduction3 said:

Lol. Trust me, Ryan’s not gay. I could also say the same thing about Chase but I’m 1000000% positive Ryan isn’t gay. 

You imply you, or someone you are close to, know Ryan personally. If so, ask him if he was in a frat at UNC.

Aaaannnnd -- the tongue is back! 😝

She sure has spent a lot of days on vacay recently -- Paris, Zurich, LA, now northern Calif & across the country from there. How does she maintain her NoBSactive biz on that schedule? It couldn't be that she really has never contributed anyway, can it?

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Dot said:

She sure has spent a lot of days on vacay recently -- Paris, Zurich, LA, now northern Calif & across the country from there. How does she maintain her NoBSactive biz on that schedule? It couldn't be that she really has never contributed anyway, can it?

And don’t forget that economic juggernaut NOBSDANCE!

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m just curious as to why people think Chase or Ryan are gay.  I get the fake part but wonder why they think those two are actually the couple or that the are just two individual gay men.  I don’t keep up with all their SM or even the episodes, but  they just seem like best friends to me.  I’ve seen this posted a few different places, so I was just wondering why people thought that.  No judgment, yours was just the last post so I thought of the question.

Probably  from the photo that used to be  on Ryan's  SM (don't  remember  if it was FB but I think it was) of Chase on Ryan's  lap. I think the  picture was a  joke.

1 hour ago, Dot said:

Who the hell is  taking care of her cats during  all these vacations?

3 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

h

It used to be Lennie, but I don't know now, esp. since she is in Charlotte. Maybe she boards them.

So just for a minute let’s believe what they tell us - that Chase and Whitney are engaged and Chase is uncomfortable with Whitney’s relationship with Buddy. 

So what does Whitney do? She goes on a cross-country vacation with Buddy. That is so disrespectful to her supposed fiancé. If I didn’t know the whole Chase is jealous thing was made up I’d be really disgusted with her. 

• Love 14
11 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Probably  from the photo that used to be  on Ryan's  SM (don't  remember  if it was FB but I think it was) of Chase on Ryan's  lap. I think the  picture was a  joke.

I thought it was Ryan on some other bearded guy’s lap but it was on IG and I,too, took it as a joke, but didn’t think the guy looked like Chase other than the beard.  LOL it was the butler in the kitchen with a candlestick!  This board is way more interesting than the show.  Writers please take note of some of the posts and turn them into fake storylines for next year’s season if there is one.  My fake plot lines include:

• Buddy moves in with Babs and Glenn. Buddy sleeps all day then keeps The Thores up all night, so he can practice his comedy routine.  As they fall asleep in their recliners, Buddy loudly clinks the wooden spoon he’s using as a microphone on the coffee table, while shouting IS THIS THING ON??? 

• Todd takes over the 2 members of the dance website and brings in Katie and Mattie from BGDC not only doubling the membership but causing an incensed Whitney to show up on a borrowed scooter from Wal-mart to demand the class back. It happens to be after St Patrick’s day, so she’s adorned in a clearance leprechaun hat.  Todd reminds Whitney of all her career failures, but the two begrudgingly forgive each with a slight push from Ashley, who had shown up to collect her check and be the voice of reason.  The 4 members  gleefully celebrate Whitney and Todd joining together to teach them one dance move they will never use and no one wants to see.

• Heather and Ryan date only for Whitney to become jealous that this is the second man Heather has dated from Whitney’s past.  Chase becomes equally jealous that Ryan is spending more time with Heather, which means he has to spend more time with Whitney.  Whitney suggest they all go out to the klerb to smooth things over, but since TLC writers have painted poor Heather so heavily as “Buddy’s ex”, she decides to go home be “devastated” about “the kiss”, Ryan hits an actual club in Charlotte looking for a 22-27 year old woman into physical fitness, Chase hears club and assumes he has to go to work so heads off to Wilmington, which leaves poor Whitney at the nearest klerb twerkin by herself but filming for an instastory everyone will comment on as the greatest twerk that ever twerked.

Of course none of this is real, but why should we start caring about that now?

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
On 1/23/2020 at 9:25 AM, 3girlsforus said:

From what I can tell the Whitney is really the only one without a real life. Tal and his boyfriend have a home and jobs. Heather has a job and her kids. Ashley has her baby and a relationship. I’m not sure if Ashley has a job. She might be a stay at home mom which is perfectly acceptable as well. None of these people seem to actually see much of Whitney outside of filming times and none of them seem to be relying on TLC money to live, as they all have other sources of income. I’m sure they all like the extra money and lets face it, who wouldn’t, but they aren’t lounging around in their underwear believing the TLC money will be enough to last a lifetime. 

I'm pretty sure Ashley has a job.  Also - she was on season 1 and she was fat; season 2 she showed up having lost a lot of weight and then sort of disappeared until she became pregnant and therefore fat again.  Did she get blackballed for losing weight when Whit did not, or did she have better things to do until she decided she needed to earn some extra $$ for her kid?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

My fake plot lines include:

• Buddy moves in with Babs and Glenn. Buddy sleeps all day then keeps The Thores up all night, so he can practice his comedy routine.  As they fall asleep in their recliners, Buddy loudly clinks the wooden spoon he’s using as a microphone on the coffee table, while shouting IS THIS THING ON??? 

Babs and Glenn are OK with this, as long as they have someone to trail.  Instead of dance crap, they now show up at improv every night, to cheer Buddy on.
Also, he's cheaper to feed.

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 1/24/2020 at 9:33 PM, Colleenna said:

It’s not hard to find a pet sitter (but it can be expensive)...

So I’m reading through the comments on whit’s ad for tonight on Instagram which asked for fan fave moments to date. So, so many comments on how “inspirational” her fitness challenge participation was. I’m confused. What was inspirational about her participation in that so called competition? Showing up and being able to do 1/100th while Jessica did the rest?

The rest were mostly about her and Chase and how they are so clearly in love. When Whit reads and responds to these is she sad since I’m sure it’s all for the show only. Or is she thinking “damn I’m a good actor!”?

• Love 5
On 1/18/2020 at 8:36 AM, lovetheduns said:

It infuriates me how so many obese women blame PCOS for all of their ills. We don't know the full connection of what comes first - obesity or PCOS but we know they are related.

You know what helped me more than any other med? Losing weight.

The reality Whitney is you drink too much, you don't take into account every lick and bite, and you are delusional if you think you don't eat enough. You are not a miraculous example of a miracle of not following the laws of thermodynamics. You eat more than you burn - whether it is mostly booze or coffee drinks or hiding in your house when the cameras are not there. You binge probably (Hell I will if I put certain foods in my house) and are deluded with just how much you consume.

My friend is obese, has PCOS (which she blames her obesity on), and is diabetic. She rails on about how her keto diet has gotten her down to pre-diabetic levels, but then posts pics of decidedly NON-keto food (because she's a "foodie"). Then even though she's "pre-diabetic" and supposedly "not on any medications," she had a sugar spike so terrible that it landed her in the hospital. Color me shocked! She even said that she's a perfect example of how you can have "good numbers" and still wind up with a diabetic medical emergency. Uhhhh, excuse me? Now her hair has fallen out so much, she's posting pics of herself daily in wigs and blaming PCOS (because it couldn't be her obesity). She's more educated than Sweatney, but just as horrible personality-wise. I'm honestly in the relationship for train wreck value at this point.

And congratulations on your 90lb weight loss! I'm impressed with your determination and results, and also with the fact that you're med- and symptom-free. That is so wonderful to read!

• Love 5
On 1/21/2020 at 8:57 PM, Uuuugghh said:

They are straight white males, so again what would their show be about? Banging chicks? Pumping iron? Crushing brewskis? Beating up nerds?

Being mean girls about people like Buddy who are addicts and floating, trying to figure out how to get through life sober. So yeah, assholes.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, oneintroduction3 said:

Hahaha meanwhile both Chase and Ryan do coke... 

I call BS on you actually  knowing  anything  "behind the scenes. " Sorry, not buying it.  I could  make claims  like this,  too, and they'd be just as fake as this  show  (and you.)

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Hey if any of you  ever doubted that  Sweatney reads this forum,  there's a  new article in  Distractify about "whatever happened to  Avi" where she claims  they actually  dated for 6 months,  she wasn't  the one who brought up  marriage,  etc... 

https://www.distractify.com/p/what-is-avi-big-fat-fabulous-life-doing-now

Good article, thanks. Good links to other articles, too, incl. one estimating her net worth.