Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

OMG you totally nailed it, very funny.  Assume this Chase thing will be over at the end of this season.

My bet is that this romance will be milked for all it's worth -- her fans have been demanding it for several years -- and it will be extended into another season, presumably all about wedding planning.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Dot said:

My bet is that this romance will be milked for all it's worth -- her fans have been demanding it for several years -- and it will be extended into another season, presumably all about wedding planning.

I think the plan it to try to get two more seasons. This year they will film the wedding planning. Lots of weddings aren’t for fat people woah is me crap intermixed with more Chase upset about Buddy. This will all culminate in Whitney dumping Chase because of his jealousy or maybe because he is upset she might not be able to have kids. Anything to make him look bad and like this was real but Whitney made a difficult but wise decision. Then the next season will be Whitney’s recovery from Chase having been an intolerant asshole and her moving slowly but surely to Buddy aka Prince Charming. (My keyboard nearly caught fire typing that last part) LOL

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

I think they will break up before the wedding which I think will occur in the next season which is technically “this year” since they will film it this year and then show it early next year. Since I don’t believe this is a real relationship they either need to break up before the wedding or the show needs to be cancelled before the wedding. No way would they go through with the wedding in a fake relationship.

Chase needs to show how much in love he is with Whitney because otherwise people won’t believe it and won’t be all excited about it. It will prove that Whitney is lovable and Chase is crazy about her. It just won’t do to have Whitney and Chase break up. It has to be Whitney dumping Chase. It has to be Chase devastated at the loss of the amazing Whitney. It has to be Chase’s fault. One major reason to have Whitney get engaged and plan a wedding, besides there being nothing else in her life to film, is to continue to try to show that even though Whitney is 350 lbs men flock to her and want to marry her. Chase supposedly proves that. So the breakup can’t mess with that message. 

Of course if being 350 lbs was Whitney’s only problem then it would be easy to believe someone would fall in love with her. Until she gets a personality transplant I am not buying that anyone wants to be with her for 40+ years.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 2/15/2020 at 2:06 PM, Elizzikra said:

I moved in with my husband 7 months after I met him and we were married one year, almost to the day, after we met. But we were old...

Yeah, my wife and I moved in at five months and were engaged a few months later. We were married just shy of two years after getting together, but we're gay women and old (well I am, she's early 30s). Generally I think marriage or engagement before a year is too soon, but sometimes it's just right. (I do not think that's the case here, mind you.)

I also don't think it's a big deal to not spend Valentine's Day together if you have to be apart for whatever reason. I love Valentine's Day, but the pressure to do something spectacular is kind of silly. I spent our first Valentine's Day skydiving in Belize, which was pretty cool, but I missed her (the whole time, not just that one day).

17 hours ago, Dot said:

Oh, the trauma of having to taste all that cake! You know how our girl just HATES cake!

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Married At First Sight and 90 Day Fiancée say otherwise...

This is true and I don’t think TLC would hesitate to let Whitney and Chase get legally married just for the show. But for some reason I really don’t think Whitney and Chase would do it. Certainly I could be wrong but I think her parents would be really upset and as much as Whit is awful to them I don’t know that she’d go that far.  Now, I will give all of this a caveat. If this is a fake relationship but Whit isn’t in on the joke, then all bets are off. Personally I don’t think that’s the case. I think it’s fake and they both know it. But if Chase was hired to woo Whitney, propose, pretend he loves her, etc and he agreed to that knowing that Whitney would fall for it then he would be a big enough asshole to marry her for the show and then dump her when it was over. Like I said, I don’t think that’s the case here. I certainly hope that isn’t the case here. Even Whitney doesn’t deserve that. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

Yeah, my wife and I moved in at five months and were engaged a few months later. We were married just shy of two years after getting together, but we're gay women and old (well I am, she's early 30s). Generally I think marriage or engagement before a year is too soon, but sometimes it's just right. (I do not think that's the case here, mind you.)

I also don't think it's a big deal to not spend Valentine's Day together if you have to be apart for whatever reason. I love Valentine's Day, but the pressure to do something spectacular is kind of silly. I spent our first Valentine's Day skydiving in Belize, which was pretty cool, but I missed her (the whole time, not just that one day).

Oh, the trauma of having to taste all that cake! You know how our girl just HATES cake!

Do you think  she  would  lounge around  in her underwear  at Kleinfeld's  (outside of the  changing room,  on the comfy sofas, because  she'd  need 3 of those changing  room chairs)?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Do you think  she  would  lounge around  in her underwear  at Kleinfeld's  (outside of the  changing room,  on the comfy sofas, because  she'd  need 3 of those changing  room chairs)?

Well YEAH, I mean she is just TOO HOT to wear clothes like a normal person. She's WAY too special to cover all that fabulousness, and WAY too special to enjoy plebe things like CAKE.

Edited by monagatuna
spelling
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

we're all supposed to be convinced that a normal good looking dude can be attracted to this morbidly obese loudmouth

But is he normal? I keep flashing back to the butt-sniffing instagram story from their time on the cruise. (There are two screen shots from the video on page 206 of this Social Media thread, and they are strange enough, but they don't do justice to seeing the two of them in action on the [now presumably erased] video.) Maybe he is a chubby chaser, or has a fetish for large derrieres. I know Ryan expressed surprise at the connection, because he had never seen Chase with a larger woman before, but is that preference something a bro would necessarily be open about with other bros?

Mostly I am convinced this is all for money and laughs on Chase's part. But then I have flashbacks to that cruise vid! How much would you have to pay someone to do that??

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, monagatuna said:

Well YEAH, I mean she is just TOO HOT to wear clothes like a normal person. She's WAY too special to cover all that fabulousness, and WAY too special to enjoy plebe things like CAKE.

I dunno. She might try, but I think  Randy and  Ronnie would  squelch  that pretty  quickly.  

• LOL 1

So she dresses up really nicely for the narratives, why on earth can't she wear those same clothes for special times, for example like when meeting her (ahem) "fiancee's" parents?   I do understand it probably takes a village of makeup artists and hairdressers, but can't she do better than dinner leggings?

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

So she dresses up really nicely for the narratives, why on earth can't she wear those same clothes for special times, for example like when meeting her (ahem) "fiancee's" parents?   I do understand it probably takes a village of makeup artists and hairdressers, but can't she do better than dinner leggings?

Haha technically she did - overalls accessorized with a matching bandanna 😄 

• LOL 5
5 hours ago, teachermomma3 said:

So in her IG stories Whit would like to know which wiggle people like better... 

Screenshot_20200219-170540_Instagram.jpg

What’s sad is I think this a part of a paid partnership with Torrid an actual company.  I think it’s fine to have her as a influencer she does have a high IG although I don’t know how many of her fans actually buy stuff but you’d think the company would restrict her from acting a fool with their product. Shouldn’t the question be which is your favorite outfit?  Whitney’s suppose to be selling clothes not her ass wiggles.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

What’s sad is I think this a part of a paid partnership with Torrid an actual company.  I think it’s fine to have her as a influencer she does have a high IG although I don’t know how many of her fans actually buy stuff but you’d think the company would restrict her from acting a fool with their product. Shouldn’t the question be which is your favorite outfit?  Whitney’s suppose to be selling clothes not her ass wiggles.

Interesting.  In her IG post sponsored by  Torrid,  she admits the bottom is  4X.... going by their size guide, that means her waist is approximately  52 inches  and her hips are  approximately  62 inches.  She's  as big around as she is  tall. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So I am trying to figure this out, they got engaged in October - yet nothing on her social media about venue searching, wedding dress, cake tastings, etc. So they must be saving it for next season which I assume is being filmed now?  So basically we have until what Sep-October in real time before they break up ? 

( not that I wish that on them if they are for reelz, but I just ain't buying it)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

So I am trying to figure this out, they got engaged in October - yet nothing on her social media about venue searching, wedding dress, cake tastings, etc. So they must be saving it for next season which I assume is being filmed now?  So basically we have until what Sep-October in real time before they break up ? 

( not that I wish that on them if they are for reelz, but I just ain't buying it)

Generally, they film from April to mid- to late Oct.

5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I'm assuming that Greensboro/Charlotte isn't terribly different from where I live in terms of venues - namely that all the good ones (and most of the not so good ones) are booked about a year in advance. If she is hoping to get married in the next 12 to 18 months and have 100 people or more at the wedding, she had better get going on finding a place - unless Glenn and Babs's backyard is a lot larger than I think it is. She is going to need to allow four months, minimum, for her dress too. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Reason @5 million that I know this is fake - as much as she loves her show, does anyone REALLY think Whitney would be engaged and not running around looking at dresses/venues/etc and posting about it?  Come on.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, princelina said:

Reason @5 million that I know this is fake - as much as she loves her show, does anyone REALLY think Whitney would be engaged and not running around looking at dresses/venues/etc and posting about it?  Come on.

Exactly. With my niece, she was looking at venues a month after she got engaged. She settled on Hilton Head SC because to do a local affair would mean inviting several hundred relatives from her's and her fiance's extended families (both are of Irish/Italian backgrounds - i.e. big families). Doing a destination affair cuts down on the guest list tremendously.

Given Whitney's love of attention, you'd think that she would be talking about the wedding non-stop. That she's not is pretty suspicious.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, princelina said:

As far as what we have seen in the past the show dictates what she posts on social media as far as spoiler about and upcoming plotlines like dress shopping. And fat dress shopping will surely be a plot line for her to get on a soap box about.

I'm guessing they will let Pnina Tornai out of her cage in the basement of Kleinfeld to design her the spandex "sexy" wedding dress of her dreams.

• LOL 8
16 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I could be wrong but this doesn’t look like his sister 

D37122E2-6ECB-4513-B4DB-4942CFB97E8D.jpeg

Exactly my thought when I saw this on Chase's IG page. And does he ever look happier with a  20-something of normal wgt than he has ever looked with 350 #s hanging on him.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Dot said:

Exactly my thought when I saw this on Chase's IG page. And does he ever look happier with a  20-something of normal wgt than he has ever looked with 350 #s hanging on him.

Absolutely. He has never looked that happy with Whit even when he was drunk. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, John M said:

As far as what we have seen in the past the show dictates what she posts on social media as far as spoiler about and upcoming plotlines like dress shopping. And fat dress shopping will surely be a plot line for her to get on a soap box about.

I'm guessing they will let Pnina Tornai out of her cage in the basement of Kleinfeld to design her the spandex "sexy" wedding dress of her dreams.

I would LOVE to see Pnina work with Whit.  Bonus if Diane is her consultant.  Both tend to be super snobby and I would love to see how they react to her. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, John M said:

Yeah that's why I said "As much as she loves her show" - I just don't think she be able to resist at least hinting about it.  And the thought of her lounging half dressed and sweaty on the Kleinfeld couches makes me eager to see it 😄 

• Love 4
On 2/21/2020 at 3:26 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Whit's desporation for marriage is not a good look on her, especially since she doesn't seem to comprehend the concept of compromise.

I love my husband with all my heart but our decision to get married was as much practical as it was an expression of love. We lived together, our finances were already completely intertwined, we both have conservative parents, our marriage was as much about protecting ourselves in a climate that does not always extend the same courtesies to gay couples as it does straight ones in clearly committed relationships.   We ended up taking a hyphenated name in large part because I didn't want one of us ending up in a hospital somewhere not as accepting of gay relationships and one of us having to argue that we were in fact legal spouses with all the legal rights and responsibilities that come with that in one of the worst moments of our lives.

This is not all fun and games, I've seen enough relationships explode to understand the gravity of what Whit is acting like  is a fun next step in a relationship and she should have too by her age.

Edited by John M
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, Meowy said:

I would LOVE to see Pnina work with Whit.  Bonus if Diane is her consultant.  Both tend to be super snobby and I would love to see how they react to her. 

I just remember when Whitney went trying on wedding dresses the last time she claimed to be in a serious relationship and all we heard were complaints about how uncomfortable she was. That everything was too hot, hot heavy, too stiff... basically than anything with an ounce of construction was just too uncomfortable for her to stand. 

Watching Whitney trying to squeeze herself into the few sample sizes that Kleinfelds might have in her size would be mildly amusing  until that gives her an excuse to complain about fat-shaming.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 5
28 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Quite amusing how many of her sycophants think Chase is a fraud.  Many many such comments if not already removed. 

I PMLd at the post "What does Chase do for a living" to which someone  responded  "He dates Whitney. " 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Watching Whitney trying to squeeze herself into the few sample sizes that Kleinfelds might have in her size would be mildly amusing  until that gives her an excuse to complain about fat-shaming.

This was one of the first episodes I ever saw and I couldn't believe how she just  went and sat next to her mother in only her underwear!  Who the hell does that?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

This was one of the first episodes I ever saw and I couldn't believe how she just  went and sat next to her mother in only her underwear!  Who the hell does that?

The entitled Twit!!

• Love 2

Just a heads up, it’s only February and Ryan is already on his second girl of the year (and I’m obviously not talking about Heather because we all know how scripted that was). Bro, I’ve had longer relationships with my brita filter. He sure loves those fresh outta college chicks. I wonder if he tells them he’s a Trump supporter before or after he fucks them then chucks them. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 2/22/2020 at 10:50 AM, Donut Bear said:

Quite amusing how many of her sycophants think Chase is a fraud.  Many many such comments if not already removed. 

Yes, I can’t believe how many people are calling it out as all together fake or as Chase and Ryan duping poor Whitney.  I expected more “THEYRE IN LOVE!!!” comebacks from her regular posters.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Yes, I can’t believe how many people are calling it out as all together fake or as Chase and Ryan duping poor Whitney.  I expected more “THEYRE IN LOVE!!!” comebacks from her regular posters.

That is pretty interesting. I bet those who are saying she’s being duped by Chase are big fans but even they can tell they aren’t in love. They just can’t bring themselves to believe Whit would lie to her fans so it has to be Chase duping her. 

Those who believe it’s fake and everyone is in on it are just finally wising up. 

• Love 9

It's really fascinating just how many of Whitney's fans aren't really buying this grand romance with Chase. It's not that they don't want to believe in the fantasy of a handsome young man falling in love with a woman that society says in sexually undesirable because of her weight. It's not that obese women can't find partners, and I'll argue that Whitney's sterling personality is the primary reason that she's remained single for so long. 

And unfortunately Whitney's lack of focus (and laziness) is allowing Ryan to pretty much take over NoBS workout, which her fans believe is completely Whitney's baby (despite the fact that she really has no clue about organizing an exercise program, especially for people with mobility limitations). Chase being Ryan's buddy just feeds into the narrative that Whitney is being duped. 

• Love 8

So we have another photo of them kissing, presumably in response to all of the posts saying it’s fake or she’s being duped. Once again only photos from events either for the show or for her “brand”. This one is from the cruise back in Nov. Nothing from everyday life. Nothing that shows they spend time together when cameras aren’t rolling or just doing regular day to day things. And again showing the immaturity of Whitney thinking that posting pictures of kissing proves they are passionately in love. That’s not how it works. 

• Love 14
On 2/21/2020 at 9:41 PM, princelina said:

And the thought of her lounging half dressed and sweaty on the Kleinfeld couches makes me eager to see it 😄 

Yes. I want to see this!
(And to me, and I suspect to most of the world,  NOBS will always mean no bullshit.)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So we have another photo of them kissing, presumably in response to all of the posts saying it’s fake or she’s being duped. Once again only photos from events either for the show or for her “brand”. This one is from the cruise back in Nov. Nothing from everyday life. Nothing that shows they spend time together when cameras aren’t rolling or just doing regular day to day things. And again showing the immaturity of Whitney thinking that posting pictures of kissing proves they are passionately in love. That’s not how it works. 

At the same time, Chase is posting a pic of his true love.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Dot said:

At the same time, Chase is posting a pic of his true love.

If that dog were mine she would be so fat she couldn’t move - all I’d do is love on her and feed her treats.

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

If that dog were mine she would be so fat she couldn’t move - all I’d do is love on her and feed her treats.

I hope you swiped to see the other photo of Piper 2 years ago as a puppy -- adorable! (Look at those ears.) It's easy to see why Chase chose her.

And from his hashtag, it seems he adopted her from a shelter, as did Heather a few months ago with her pet cat. Say what you will about their being Twit's social barnacles, I really honor both for adopting from a shelter.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Dot said:

I hope you swiped to see the other photo of Piper 2 years ago as a puppy -- adorable! (Look at those ears.) It's easy to see why Chase chose her.

And from his hashtag, it seems he adopted her from a shelter, as did Heather a few months ago with her pet cat. Say what you will about their being Twit's social barnacles, I really honor both for adopting from a shelter.

I missed it! But don't worry - there are plenty of cute puppy photos in my daily life. 

We have a bunch of dogs and a cat. All are from different rescues/shelters. That's definitely the way to go. As I get older, I lean toward adopting senior pets in particular. They are usually pretty low energy and easy (at least until end-of-life health issues catch up with them) and they deserve a soft place to land in their golden years.

• Love 10