Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sempervivum said:

I Do It With the Lights On- is this a real book? And isn't it pretty clear what she 'does with the lights on' is EAT?

It is a real book, pub. in May 2016 & currently relegated to the remainder pile in most bookstores. She stole the book title from a song since we all know how very, very sexy Twit is.

Do you suppose she's forced Chase to read it?

• LOL 4
16 minutes ago, Dot said:

It is a real book, pub. in May 2016 & currently relegated to the remainder pile in most bookstores. She stole the book title from a song since we all know how very, very sexy Twit is.

Chase can read?

• LOL 6
6 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Of course we don’t know for sure but it doesn’t seem like it. On Christmas Eve Whitney posted a video that was primarily to show the Hallmark Channel Yule Log cat videos but in the video we saw Hunter and Glenn and we heard Babs but no sign of Chase. Nothing Christmas related from Chase on his IG. So I’m thinking they didn’t spend Christmas together. I think that video would have featured Chase prominently if he had been there. 

Is it not a little strange that a newly affianced couple would not spend their first Christmas together. But oh wait  . . . 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, Donut Bear said:

Is it not a little strange that a newly affianced couple would not spend their first Christmas together. But oh wait  . . . 

I know many that haven’t. It’s not necessarily indicative of the state of the relationship...

Maybe TLC wants limited posting or controlled posting of the couple until the show starts or maybe Chase doesn’t want as much attention online (I’m trying).  Did Whitney posts a lot of pics of Lennie?  I know Avi never wanted to be posted (obviously)but has she ever posted a lot of stuff about people she actually may of dated?  I don’t count anything with Buddy because that all seemed totally fake to me.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Dot said:

Honestly if he was truly interested in her and she wrote a book, you’d think he’d already have read it. I would have immediately if I were interested in someone. 

Also, leave it to our narcissist to gift someone something that’s about HER and not the other person. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Honestly if he was truly interested in her and she wrote a book, you’d think he’d already have read it. I would have immediately if I were interested in someone. 

Also, leave it to our narcissist to gift someone something that’s about HER and not the other person. 

I think the person that posted the book gift is just a fan of Whitney’s.  I believe Whitney just reposted it because it was about her book, but I think the women received it from someone else.  I don’t think she actually knows Whitney.  

I swear I’m not turning into a baby barnacle defending Whitney in these threads. *cough* TLC where’s my check? *cough*  Just kidding 😉

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I think the person that posted the book gift is just a fan of Whitney’s.  I believe Whitney just reposted it because it was about her book, but I think the women received it from someone else.  I don’t think she actually knows Whitney.  

That was how I read it, too.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I know many that haven’t. It’s not necessarily indicative of the state of the relationship...

Maybe, but it seems to me that there shouldn’t be any reason they wouldn’t. Chase probably needed to be in Wilmington since he just started his job, but we know Whitney doesn’t have a job outside of filming which they aren’t doing now so she could have gone to Wilmington. I don’t necessarily think not spending Christmas together means you have a bad (or fake) relationship on its face. But it’s just another major life event which typically engaged or married people do together that they didn’t. I have yet to see anything they’ve done together that wasn’t for the show. At this point the news of the “engagement” is out so it doesn’t make a lot of sense that they wouldn’t show photos of themselves doing things together considering how prolific Whitney is on IG. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Maybe, but it seems to me that there shouldn’t be any reason they wouldn’t. Chase probably needed to be in Wilmington since he just started his job, but we know Whitney doesn’t have a job outside of filming which they aren’t doing now so she could have gone to Wilmington. I don’t necessarily think not spending Christmas together means you have a bad (or fake) relationship on its face. But it’s just another major life event which typically engaged or married people do together that they didn’t. I have yet to see anything they’ve done together that wasn’t for the show. At this point the news of the “engagement” is out so it doesn’t make a lot of sense that they wouldn’t show photos of themselves doing things together considering how prolific Whitney is on IG. 

As I mentioned before, I really don’t think this engagement is real, but tried to come up with some “legitimate” reasons why Whitney didn’t post any holiday things with Chase. They were the best I could do.  What I do wonder is why TLC isn’t going full hilt with this, even if they had to have a Christmas photo shoot of the two a couple of weeks ago.   A couple could be apart at Christmas, but Whitney posting the Yule log videos of cats and her family just made the Chase thing stick out more.   I agree about Whitney not going to Wilmington.  I mean if she’s able to sit at home and watch cat videos, why wouldn’t she take the time to visit her soulmate in Wilmington?  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I mean if she’s able to sit at home and watch cat videos, why wouldn’t she take the tim

Yeah, it's not  like he's a 6 or 7 hour flight away. I think  somebody said it's  less than a 3 hour drive.  

• Love 2

I can’t say I know what she has done in the previous years, but considering the show is coming back soon and it’s the holidays where one might think she has things going on to share, Whitney certainly seems to be very quiet on SM. Is this her normal MO coming up to the show opening?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

I can’t say I know what she has done in the previous years, but considering the show is coming back soon and it’s the holidays where one might think she has things going on to share, Whitney certainly seems to be very quiet on SM. Is this her normal MO coming up to the show opening?

Last year she posted pretty much every day from Christmas Eve through the start of the new season in mid-January.  She sometimes had multiple posts a day.  So we can either infer she is very busy planning a wedding or she has nothing to post.  Guess it’s up to the viewer.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

Whitney certainly seems to be very quiet on SM. Is this her normal MO coming up to the show opening?

Twit seems to be spending the holiday in Greensboro: Xmas with the parents, dinner at Heather's a few days later. I think she'll get really busy plugging MBFFL after NY's.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit seems to be spending the holiday in Greensboro: Xmas with the parents, dinner at Heather's a few days later. I think she'll get really busy plugging MBFFL after NY's.

Yes I saw those couple of IG posts, only one of them from Whitney. It just seems like a very limited amount of posting for someone usually pretty prolific especially with the show starting up again soon.  

If I was a cynical person I would assume the lack of posting was to prevent everyone from noticing she isn’t spending time with her fiancé and concluding its fake for the show. But I would never think that because everything about them screams fairytale love. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

If she was really, really doing all these workouts shown, wouldn't we be seeing  some major changes in her body shape? I'm guessing 1-2 minutes done and repeated over and over on tape. This exercise thing is so bogus!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

If she was really, really doing all these workouts shown, wouldn't we be seeing  some major changes in her body shape? I'm guessing 1-2 minutes done and repeated over and over on tape. This exercise thing is so bogus!

One of the posters did comment if you are working out so much, why are you still so fat?  Whitney thanked her for taking time to make such a sweet comment while other talked about PCOS being why Whitney can’t lose weight.  Someone else commented they didn’t think the first poster was being mean and wondered the same thing and they would have given up and got discouraged but it was good Whitney  still continued working out.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Oh geesh, PICOS is going to be her excuse forever....

Whitney can claim PCOS all she wants, everyone knows it’s not the main contributing factor to her obesity—fork to mouth is. Her spreading of misinformation is irresponsible and the wrong message. 

And as we saw at the PCOS conference, most of the women there were nowhere near Whitney’s size. Many were a normal size. I took great pleasure in seeing Whitney placed behind the dance instructor and that she had trouble following along. That whole thing was an embarrassing fail for her because no one fawned over her. 

• Love 11
41 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

And as we saw at the PCOS conference, most of the women there were nowhere near Whitney’s size.

What I found most interesting about Whitney's participation in that conference was how completely she misunderstood that her personal message was basically irrelevant for the majority of women with a PCOS diagnosis.  This was a crowd of women, mostly of child-bearing age, whose primary focus was on the threat PCOS posed to their fertility. If you want to have a child, and you're told you have a syndrome that could prevent you from getting pregnant, you are going to do whatever you can to increase the odds in your favor, and that definitely includes maintaining a healthy body weight.

Whitney's "you can't do anything about your weight, but you CAN be proud of yourself anyway," was about as relevant to those women as if she had shown up saying "you can't have babies, but you CAN have cats!"

• Love 21
8 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

What I found most interesting about Whitney's participation in that conference was how completely she misunderstood that her personal message was basically irrelevant for the majority of women with a PCOS diagnosis.  This was a crowd of women, mostly of child-bearing age, whose primary focus was on the threat PCOS posed to their fertility. If you want to have a child, and you're told you have a syndrome that could prevent you from getting pregnant, you are going to do whatever you can to increase the odds in your favor, and that definitely includes maintaining a healthy body weight.

Whitney's "you can't do anything about your weight, but you CAN be proud of yourself anyway," was about as relevant to those women as if she had shown up saying "you can't have babies, but you CAN have cats!"

This really sums it up beautifully. 

• Love 6

The PCOS conference wasn't the only one Twit misinterpreted as being all about her. She's never been invited to participate in CurvyCon again since  appearing on a panel there a couple of years ago & waving her book around.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

Accotding to her current IG story, Twit is celebrating NYE with Keith Abelle. He's the guy who massages her feet & hands, so I assume he's part of the PMG film crew.

No Chase, of course, since he's off in Wilmington being an "entreprenuer" behind the bar in a saloon full of college-age cuties.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Dot said:

Accotding to her current IG story, Twit is celebrating NYE with Keith Abelle. He's the guy who massages her feet & hands, so I assume he's part of the PMG film crew.

No Chase, of course, since he's off in Wilmington being an "entreprenuer" behind the bar in a saloon full of college-age cuties.

So since announcing that they plan to get married and make a life together for the rest of their life, there have been 3 major holiday events - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve. They have spent none of them together. 

Hmmmm......That’s definitely what I did the year I got engaged. LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Dot said:

17 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So since announcing that they plan to get married and make a life together for the rest of their life, there have been 3 major holiday events - Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve. They have spent none of them together. 

Hmmmm......That’s definitely what I did the year I got engaged. LOL

Well she is playing drinking games with Ryan as they both sadly look at Chase through FaceTime, so there’s that. I mean if that’s not an epic love story, I’m not sure what is.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I don't know WTF is up with any of this. It is definitely suspect she has not spent any of the Holidays with Chase...if this was true lurve they surely would have been together...but yeah we know..for the show...not real...duh... 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't know WTF is up with any of this. It is definitely suspect she has not spent any of the Holidays with Chase...if this was true lurve they surely would have been together...but yeah we know..for the show...not real...duh... 

This what I don’t get, if it’s real, why is she not posting anything with him, and if it’s fake, why is she not posting anything with him?  Is TLC like we have already filmed next season so we don’t care.   I mean she posted more of him before they got engaged and you’d think his club might want some d-list promotion or don’t they want just any old body at the klerb.

If she didn’t post any non-show stuff I would get it.  I even thought maybe Chase didn’t want his personal life on the Internet, but he has a picture of himself posing with a toilet seat, so I don’t think he’s that private. Also, was it ever explained why he went from state auditor to bartender/club personnel?  

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 12/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, Colleenna said:

Chase can read?

I figured it out! Thye both listen to passages as a book on tape, while they are soused, and feeling sensous.

43 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Well she is playing drinking games with Ryan as they both sadly look at Chase through FaceTime, so there’s that. I mean if that’s not an epic love story, I’m not sure what is.

I forgot about this show a couple of years ago and I have to admit, I am feeling incredulous that people are watching it. Is there really enough of an interest to keep renewing this nonsense, or do her parents have shares in some tv station? A channel?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Ketzel said:

How can she remain so obtuse after all these years? Who is enabling her idiotic, myopic view of reality?

On 12/26/2019 at 2:02 PM, Dot said:

Come now, one step at a time. She's still walking him through the idea of leaving the light on when they feel senuous...

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 12/16/2019 at 8:01 PM, Colleenna said:

Good gawd, her belly extends to  just below her  boobs. And I think she put her makeup on  with a putty knife.  

Believe it or not, I like her makeup. I am jealous of millennials - they grew up with phones, instagrams, twitter, etc. and they all know how to take a great selfie. Where can an old duck like me learn how to take a good selfie? I do not have the first clue. Whit manages to take good selfies, and looks far thinner in them than I do and I am 70+ lbs lighter than her. I realize only so much can be done for a 50+ year old face, but seriously, how do I learn how to pose for a selfie (honestly, I am not hideous although my picture attempts state otherwise). Thanks in advance...

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

Believe it or not, I like her makeup. I am jealous of millennials - they grew up with phones, instagrams, twitter, etc. and they all know how to take a great selfie. Where can an old duck like me learn how to take a good selfie? I do not have the first clue. Whit manages to take good selfies, and looks far thinner in them than I do and I am 70+ lbs lighter than her. I realize only so much can be done for a 50+ year old face, but seriously, how do I learn how to pose for a selfie (honestly, I am not hideous although my picture attempts state otherwise). Thanks in advance...

There are a lot of filters on phones now that smooth out your complexion and taking a selfie while looking up at the camera can help slim down your face a bit. And we all know that it's easy to manipulate photos to make you look better (and slimmer) if you want. I highly doubt that any of the posed photos that Whitney posts on social media aren't altered because she always looks thinner in them than her candids show.

As for makeup, yes, there is a generation of people who grew up learning to do makeup that looks good in photos and on video, but it's not what you'd want to wear during the day. It's heavy and you never see their actual skin. I love to wear makeup and I'm pretty good at applying it, but I also follow the French and Japanese concepts that the first step is to really take care of my skin and use a lighter hand when applying things like foundation and contouring. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Chalby said:

Borrow a teenager - they can give you a ten minute tutorial on the art of the selfie...

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

To me it's really really strange. (Well, not strange, fake.) My sister married a southerner, and the social whirl after they announced the engagement went into high gear almost immediately.

No holiday party thrown by his friends or hers (or both) to celebrate the engagement? Babs and Glenn didn't invite Chase's family over to a "meet the in-laws" dinner? Chase has a sister, I believe. No sisters-to-be lunch with lots of wine  and giggling? No "welcome to the family" get-together with Chase's people?  Not even a suggestion that these types of things are being planned, let alone taking place? Or maybe they all took place while the engagement was still under wraps for TLC, and Whitney just forgot to mention them now that it's all public?

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

There are a lot of filters on phones now that smooth out your complexion and taking a selfie while looking up at the camera can help slim down your face a bit. And we all know that it's easy to manipulate photos to make you look better (and slimmer) if you want. 

Hana Chan - You made my day!! I seriously thought that everyone on today's instagram/Facebook are so aware of their 'good side' / best angle for their best feature that they can strike a pose at anytime and get amazing results. After reading your post, I looked at a handful of pictures and realized you are absolutely right. I forgot all about phone filters, photoshop etc.and basic manipulation. Having realized all of this, I am officially okay with having my real picture taken. At least people know what they're getting with me, lol. Thanks for the eye-opener.

36 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Borrow a teenager - they can give you a ten minute tutorial on the art of the selfie...

You are right. And someone mentioned Youtube. I keep forgetting YouTube has a tutorial for anything and everything, Thanks!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Chalby said:

Hana Chan - You made my day!! I seriously thought that everyone on today's instagram/Facebook are so aware of their 'good side' / best angle for their best feature that they can strike a pose at anytime and get amazing results. After reading your post, I looked at a handful of pictures and realized you are absolutely right. I forgot all about phone filters, photoshop etc.and basic manipulation. Having realized all of this, I am officially okay with having my real picture taken. At least people know what they're getting with me, lol. Thanks for the eye-opener.

My pleasure! I hate how I look in most photos because my skin gets so shiny no matter what makeup I use, but with the right lighting, I've managed to get some nice selfies. No filters needed, even if I don't look quite so flawless. 

I think that this whole Instagram thing creates really unreasonable expectations of what we're supposed to look like all the time. Skin has to be perfectly smooth and poreless, not a single hair out of place, always perfectly dressed and posed. We've gotten to think that our eyebrows are always supposed to be dark and filled in, that falsies are for every day and that our features are supposed to be sculpted and contoured until we look like the Kardashian poor relations. We're not supposed to have imperfections or actually look like we really are.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

To me it's really really strange. (Well, not strange, fake.) My sister married a southerner, and the social whirl after they announced the engagement went into high gear almost immediately.

No holiday party thrown by his friends or hers (or both) to celebrate the engagement? Babs and Glenn didn't invite Chase's family over to a "meet the in-laws" dinner? Chase has a sister, I believe. No sisters-to-be lunch with lots of wine  and giggling? No "welcome to the family" get-together with Chase's people?  Not even a suggestion that these types of things are being planned, let alone taking place? Or maybe they all took place while the engagement was still under wraps for TLC, and Whitney just forgot to mention them now that it's all public?

I believe  Chase's  family  is in West Virginia,  so "meet the  inlaws" would be  quite a  production.  Perhaps  that's  being held up until  filming starts for the season  AFTER this one....along with the  fake wedding  dress shopping,  cake tasting, and fake bridal shower thrown by  Heather. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

@Irate Panda explained Face Time to me, so I am now trying to figure out what Twit was trying to convey on NYE.

You'll recall her selfie with Ryan labeled  Face Time with a small photo inset at the top right. (I'm assuming that was Chase but my tablet is too small to be sure.) Anyway, Twit's face was screwed into a pose that I think was supposed to illustrate how sad she was that Chase was not with her. That is, she was close to tears over their separation that eve. Is that how y'all read it? Or is there some other interpretation?

50 minutes ago, Dot said:

@Irate Panda explained Face Time to me, so I am now trying to figure out what Twit was trying to convey on NYE.

You'll recall her selfie with Ryan labeled  Face Time with a small photo inset at the top right. (I'm assuming that was Chase but my tablet is too small to be sure.) Anyway, Twit's face was screwed into a pose that I think was supposed to illustrate how sad she was that Chase was not with her. That is, she was close to tears over their separation that eve. Is that how y'all read it? Or is there some other interpretation?

@Dot which thread is the facetime  thing  in? I saw it  but now can't  find it. 

2 hours ago, Dot said:

I, also, thought Whitney look upset, Ryan looked like he could barely keeps his eyes open.  I wasn’t sure if Whitney was conveying sadness because Chase was not there, sadness because he’s in a klerb full of hot 20 somethings or sad because she knows this is all fake and there was a moment of clarity.  Hell, she could have been sad the cheese dip ran out or if they were drinking maybe she was emotional, there’s really no way for me to know.  If I’m guessing, I guess she’s sad Chase is not there although she seemed to be having a good time earlier in the night.

FaceTime is a video telephone / video chat service somewhat similar to Skype  that allows you to make video calls on Apple products like iPhones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1