Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

(edited)

She's posting that she and Todd are doing a free class at Maggie Daley Park in Chicago tomorrow at noon.  That's the link to sign up for anyone interested in going! (But an outdoor event? In a public park? I bet you could just show up.)

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Brooks said:

We've seen pictures of young Babs.  That isn't Babs.

I agree. The picture doesn’t have any signs of being ‘old’. I’m much younger than Babs and pictures of me in my twenties still have a different look because they weren’t digital and they are just ‘older’. Plus I don’t see Babs as one to take photos of herself prone in a bed. 

Babs and Whitney have similar features. They look like mother and daughter - at least in photos where Whitney isn’t 400 lbs. But they aren’t twins. 

This photo is just another  way Whitney makes everything about her. Even someone else’s birthday. And it gives her yet another opportunity to post a photo of herself during that brief 100 lbs weight loss so everyone says ‘wow’. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, zenme said:

My vote is it's Babs. The hair, the eyeshadow, the top...

Maybe it's nust me, but it appears that a nose ring has been photoshopped out.... the little gold spot on the nostril?

• Love 1

We're getting into a real "is it gold or blue?" or "Yanny or Laurel?" morass here.

I guess I think it's Babs bc one of the barnacles would surely call Twit on it if she were trying to pass off a Babs photo as herself (Remember Chief Barnacle Glenn reads every one of her posts & its fan comments.) I think the reason she posts it so often is that it is the ONLY photo where Babs looks like her. (Witness the photo @AZChristian provided. Babs looks nothing like Twit is that one.)

• Love 2
(edited)

I think it Babs because the picture itself looks really really old to me and for the sake of humanity I’d like to think even Whitney would not post a pic of herself while portraying it to be Babs.  Honestly, I really think Babs would have a problem with people confusing her with Whitney in a case like this.  I really think a Babs takes her physical appearance seriously even at her advanced age and I really think she’d be irritated with Whitney playing the old switcheroo.

I looked up the pic it was previously posted with mostly a Babs pictures, I do think it’s her. Also, I don’t Whitney ever had hair that nice.

D2979C14-C8F1-40CB-8E63-D7C144EFB6A3.thumb.jpeg.0807e4f1373791210825cf4bf2fc7fae.jpeg

Edited by Irate Panda
Add pic
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Ketzel said:

She's posting that she and Todd are doing a free class at Maggie Daley Park in Chicago tomorrow at noon.  That's the link to sign up for anyone interested in going! (But an outdoor event? In a public park? I bet you could just show up.)

Damn, the high is forecast to be 75°, and I was hoping for the 90s.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

I think it Babs because the picture itself looks really really old to me and for the sake of humanity I’d like to think even Whitney would not post a pic of herself while portraying it to be Babs.  Honestly, I really think Babs would have a problem with people confusing her with Whitney in a case like this.  I really think a Babs takes her physical appearance seriously even at her advanced age and I really think she’d be irritated with Whitney playing the old switcheroo.

I looked up the pic it was previously posted with mostly a Babs pictures, I do think it’s her. Also, I don’t Whitney ever had hair that nice.

D2979C14-C8F1-40CB-8E63-D7C144EFB6A3.thumb.jpeg.0807e4f1373791210825cf4bf2fc7fae.jpeg

Ahem. "Advanced age"? 

• Love 4
(edited)

That is definitely not Babs, but the disgusting Twit.

This has photoshopped, look at the cats whiskers and Twits face.  The whiskers mysterically disappear where Whitney's face meets the cats.

Look the size of that chest!

Glenn and Babs must be so ashamed of their offspring.

Edited by Snafu
Photoshop proof
  • Love 4

For those who think the picture is actually Whitney, do you think it just doesn’t look like Babs or you think it looks like both, but you are more inclined to think it’s Whitney? Also, and this might be a stupid question because I doubt anyone knows why Whitney does what she does, including Whitney, but what’s the purpose of posting a picture of yourself and implying it’s someone else? It’s really not that great of a picture.  She seems content enough photoshopping the shit out of her own pics to improve her appearance.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Snafu said:

This has photoshopped, look at the cats whiskers and Twits face.  The whiskers mysterically disappear where Whitney's face meets the cats.

But the whiskers do extend into the hair, so I think the hair belongs with the cat.  If Twit ever had hair like that, it's been a while.

What seems most unTwitlike to me is the lack of smirk on the face.  Twit would be actively smelling the cat or thinking something inappropriate.  Babs is more centered.

I still believe it looks exactly like Twit, but the other evidence seems to be pointing towards Babs.

• Love 2
(edited)

Speaking of photoshopping, here's a picture Whitney has posted on instagram, waving a gay pride flag in Chicago yesterday. While this photo doesn't  suggest she's been faithfully doing  serious cardio 3X a week and sticking to her "eating protocols," it still looks to me  like some editing has been done. (The line of her butt looks funny, as if some erasing took place.) Not just of her; that shadow on the ground looks all kinds of wrong. 

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Speaking of photoshopping, here's a picture Whitney has posted on instagram, waving a gay pride flag in Chicago yesterday.

I continue to be so freakin' annoyed with Twit's gay appropriation antics. In my day she was known as a "fag hag," not PC now & not complimentary then. It was thrown out at a woman who hung around with gay men -- often not at their invitation -- bc she was too nontrusting of her own sexuality & attrativeness to dip her toes in the heterosexual dating pool.

Speaking of unattractive, those Spandex shorts over fire engine red tights in the middle of Chi heat & humidity: what was she thinking? And, BTW, whatever happened to the grand opening of a No Body Shame store under new management? You go to the site now & it looks totally unmaintained.

ETA: That birthday photo is Babs. Twit doesn't own a cat like that nor does she part her hair down the middle.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 2

Look how badly this picture is photoshopped!!! Look at the bad lines trying to remove her bat wings!  I’m definitely not trying to make fun of anyone that has extra skin or larger arms because I’m far from perfect! I’m just making fun of an idiot who says she has no shame about her body and wants to be fat BUT Photoshops every picture of herself! What a loser!

5DB41FBD-6572-420B-8A28-2B42B315BC1D.jpeg

• Love 5
(edited)

I love the fan who says "I wish you didn't hang on everyone so much. It reads desperate."

Of course, I would have added, "And someone is going to sue you & TLC for sexual assault because you couldn't keep your hands off him."

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Dot said:

I love the fan who says "I wish you didn't hang on everyone so much. It reads desperate."

Of course, I would have added, "And someone is going to sue you & TLC for sexual assault because you couldn't keep your hands off him."

Guarantee that person is banned from her IG. Any remotely negative comment will get you banned.

• Love 8
On 2018-06-04 at 4:28 PM, ZumbaTiger said:

@Dot I reckon you may be onto something with your observation about Whitney's friends! I think Whitney loved the fact that Nada was in worse physical condition than she was, so that she could feel superior, being the "slimmer" and "healthier" one of the two of them.  Also I remember that Whitney appeared to be uncomfortable and visibly envious around Heather when she first appeared on the show as Buddy's new girlfriend, but later on when Buddy and Heather's relationship deteriorated, all of a sudden Whitney seemed to enjoy  Heather's company a whole lot more, with long scenes dedicated to drawing out the breakup saga and Whitney playing the role of "agony aunt"!

I think Whitney feels threatened and inferior around slimmer women and also women who appear to be having successful relationships-they have the things she wants for herself. Then if she's in a situation where the friend is suffering, I think it boosts Whitney's self-esteem and she feels superior to her friend. 

@cherenkov, what kind of photos were you posting on your Instagram account? Before and after photos? Photos related to running or other activities? Or simply photos as you are now, that may have annoyed people who knew you when you were bigger? Whatever it was, it was really childish of those people to block you, and very revealing about their mental state! But good riddance to them- no one needs crabs in their life!

It is also EXTREMELY narcissistic for a person to take someone else losing weight as some kind of personal dig at them! But sadly it seems to happen a lot. I've posted a screenshot from the fat-activist blog "This Is Thin Privilege" that illustrates that kind of mentality perfectly. When I first heard about it I assumed it was a piss-take, but it isn't!

The irony is that if these people truly believed that fat was "fabulous", then they wouldn't be so "triggered" (I HATE how privileged people who don't know what PTSD is like have hijacked that word!!) or upset by seeing fit and slim people. 

Jealousy and envy ALWAYS say more about the person feeling those emotions than they do about the person they envy.

titp.png

Please tell me this is a joke.

• Love 4
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Oh dear, the Whitney gay pride banner picture has been taken off her instagram account. Heh.

I hope it's bc a boatload of gay folks told her, "fuck you."

Edited by Dot
  • Love 7
On 6/26/2018 at 6:55 AM, cherenkov said:

Guarantee that person is banned from her IG. Any remotely negative comment will get you banned.

She really focuses on her social media and I don't know why. She's had a show for years and hasn't scored any major endorsement deals. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

She really focuses on her social media and I don't know why. She's had a show for years and hasn't scored any major endorsement deals. 

Someone on the FB page for MBFFL (under the latest "Ask Whitney") asked "Did they finally cancel the show?"  I nearly PML.

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, spankydoll said:

From the way she was shilling Torrid plus size clothing for a while, I assumed she had some free-or-discounted-clothing-in-exchange-for-the-mentions deal with them, but you're right, nothing major. And even that seems to have stopped. She seems to prefer things where she is in control (big surprise, given her collaborative and unifying personality :-D) Things like her failed No Body Shame "campaign," her "clothing line," "werk out" video, her "dance classes"and her "memoir."  I assume she's earning something from the cruises, above and beyond the free cabin?  And, of course, TLC pays her. So maybe that's enough for her - she isn't exactly a hard worker in general.

But seriously, who would want her endorsement? Zumba?  A CPAP company? One of those services that delivers everything right to your door?

"Hi Everyone, I'm Whitney Thore and I like to be fat! One of my very favorite things to eat is pizza with eleventy toppings, and Greensboro Pizza On The Plaza has the most delicious, high calorie options! Just look at how the olive oil drips off the end of the slice! I'm there four times a week at least! You should be too!"

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

But seriously, who would want her endorsement? Zumba?  A CPAP company? One of those services that delivers everything right to your door?

"Hi Everyone, I'm Whitney Thore and I like to be fat! One of my very favorite things to eat is pizza with eleventy toppings and Greensboro Pizza On The Plaza has the most delicious, high calorie options! Just look at how the olive oil drips off the end of the slice! I'm there four times a week at least! You should be too!"

I'm so glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this. Otherwise you'd owe me a new keyboard, Ketzel.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

From the way she was shilling Torrid plus size clothing for a while, I assumed she had some free-or-discounted-clothing-in-exchange-for-the-mentions deal with them, but you're right, nothing major. And even that seems to have stopped. 

I suspect a couple of scenarios on this. I don’t think she has an actual agreement with Torrid. I think she talked about them a lot in hopes that she would. And even if she did, I think by now they would have dropped her because she’s too big for their clothes. 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I suspect a couple of scenarios on this. I don’t think she has an actual agreement with Torrid. I think she talked about them a lot in hopes that she would. And even if she did, I think by now they would have dropped her because she’s too big for their clothes. 

Plus people were criticizing the way she looked in them . . . not a good marketing strategy.

• Love 6

I was reading, The 400 Year History of White Trash, a real book, that mentions reality stars as new white trash (like the Honey BooBoo family, Duck Family, etc.  

Wouldn't Twit qualify?

Mainly for the way she acts and dresses, aside from self-professed lack of hygiene.  Her morbid obesity would be a secondary factor. 

I know her family was/is not poor or backwoods, but Sweatney herself?  

• Love 2
4 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I'll grudgingly give her credit: she is a master of SM & has worked it to keep her on TV for 5, going on 6, seasons. Not a bad return for someone with absolutely no talents or skills.

One of the Qs this month in her MBFFL column asked, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" She had no answer, except something about cats & friends. As @Ketzel pointed out above, she has failed at everything but her MBFFL show, primarily, I believe, bc she is too lazy to work at anything for too long.

Posting a photo or video on FB or IG every few days is not a lot of work. And it keeps her fans happily believing she loves them -- and they give her plenty of love back. But no TV show goes on forever. Those SM fans aren't gonna hang around long after the show is cancelled. Unless Babs & Glenn are richer than I believe & Twit is counting on a huge inheritance to keep her in pizza & Cheetos the rest of her life, she's got a rude awakening a'comin'.

• Love 5
(edited)

Interesting comment from a book called Facehooked.  Sound familiar?

"With a simple click of a button I can remove your negative feedback as if it never happened, or I can selectively post the photographs about my life that make me feel a certain way.  The minute we chose to censure or remove certain truths about ourselves - whether online or off - we are consciously choosing to put blinders on the parts of ourselves  that may require our attention."

Edited by Donut Bear
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Someone on the FB page for MBFFL (under the latest "Ask Whitney") asked "Did they finally cancel the show?"  I nearly PML.

And today someone asked if she is still converting to Judaism!  Yassss...I hope she has some crazy hair-brained excuse considering we all know she was only doing it for a guy she barely knew.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleybug said:

And today someone asked if she is still converting to Judaism!  Yassss...I hope she has some crazy hair-brained excuse considering we all know she was only doing it for a guy she barely knew.  

I "Ask Whitney" a question each month. My Q this month is: have you ever realized your gay appropriation antics are really annoying to the gay community?

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, Dot said:

I "Ask Whitney" a question each month. My Q this month is: have you ever realized your gay appropriation antics are really annoying to the gay community?

Looks like she deleted that q. I didn't see it.

4 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Looks like she deleted that q. I didn't see it.

It's there -- in the top position currently. Maybe you were looking at the MBFFL FB page before I posted it.

So far, none of my monthly Qs have been deleted, presumably bc the page is not owned by Twit herself. But they are never selected to be answered, of course.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Dot said:

Unless Babs & Glenn are richer than I believe & Twit is counting on a huge inheritance to keep her in pizza & Cheetos the rest of her life, she's got a rude awakening a'comin'.

Thus the bank knew to require a guarantor (Glenn) on Whitney's mortgage.

• Love 5

Did Glenn and Babs sell their house?  There’s house that sold for 395k last month that looks like their house.  I could be mistaken.  To bring this back to Whitney, she could be wait for an inheritance, since it may be they have a bit of money.

(edited)
On 2018-06-16 at 1:05 PM, SevenCostanza said:

I rewatched that episode the other day. The whole thing looked so fake.  Yea they "won" second place.  The judges were so taken with Whitney's nude leggings they couldn't help themselves.  Yuck, that and making Todd put her shoes on and off.  At one point she complains about him not wanting to do her bidding fast enough, yea shovel more cake in your mouth Whit.

Personally that episode made my blood boil, I have friends who ballroom dance competitively and it is serious business. They have been competing since they were children. The fact that Twit tottles in and wins second prize, even if fake, is so insulting. It is an art and takes practice, talent and dedication. Same with Bellydancing. It isn't about shaking your fat Twit, there is technique involved.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 12
On 6/26/2018 at 9:30 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Please tell me this is a joke.

OMG.Today's "Dear Abby" featured a letter from a woman who was going to visit a college friend and was told she'd have to wear a t-shirt over her bikini because her toned body would upset other women with "mom bodies." I immediately thought of this. 

So women who are in good shape now have to be ashamed of their bodies? KMA.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Colleenna said:

OMG.Today's "Dear Abby" featured a letter from a woman who was going to visit a college friend and was told she'd have to wear a t-shirt over her bikini because her toned body would upset other women with "mom bodies." I immediately thought of this. 

Whitney has called people "skinny bitches" before. Didn't she and her army of offenderati attack Kerryn Feehan in that manner all over Twitter?

Also, the comments on that Dear Abby. It's like Whitney is in there ... except we know she's not because she'd be telling everyone she's Whitney Way Thore!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Wow. That’s just obnoxious. People need to stop this shit. You look good so cover up. Who says stuff like that??  I have a mom body - actually worse than a Mom body although I’m improving - and I would never expect someone to cover up. That person isn’t in shape to show me up. They are in shape for themselves and good for them. It’s not about me!! People need to use that as their mantra. It’s not about me. Constantly being offended or “triggered” about stuff like this is a sign of a seriously egocentric person. 

• Love 8

I have given birth twice (once by vag, once by C/S), and i work damn hard to keep my mom bod in shape. Am i confident enough to wear a bikini? No. (mostly because I am redhead pale).  But I rock the hell out of a one piece. Fuck  you if I'm covering up.

• Love 6