Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I don’t think there is any question that she has to be eating when she isn’t hungry in addition eating high calorie and high fat foods. She doesn’t seem to have a lot to do so she probably spends a lot of time eating for something to do. 

must just eat constantly.

Remember, tho, Twit claims her 2 eating problems are that she doesn't eat regularly & doesn't eat enough.

Of course, she snacks all day long. You don't have Cheeto dust under your fingernails if your fat fist hasn't been digging into the bag. And she drives by Starbucks for a coffee-flavored milkshake several times a day; given the ingredients she says are in her beverages, they're about 1200 calories each. I bet she consumes at least 3,000 calories a day with snacks alone -- which she doesn't count since they are not a form of "regular" eating.

That segment when Will sees all the junk food wrappers on her car's floorboard was the most honest film we've seen regarding Twit's eating habits. (And the look on Will's face when she says she's eaten all the protein bars he gave her -- priceless! He obviously thought he was giving her a month's worth of the bars that she demolished within a couple of days.)

And doesn't eat enough? You know we can see you, Twit.

I do believe she's still smoking heavily, but has added -- or substituted -- vaping. I would guess she believes she will eat even more if trying to cut down on the smokes.

I, too, would love to see what a day's worth of food is for Twit. She'd never film it honestly, however, so it would have to be without her knowledge. 

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Dot said:

I, too, would love to see what a day's worth of food is for Twit. She'd never film it honestly, however, so it would have to be without her knowledge. 

I have to wonder if there is some kind of agreement between TLC and Whitney not to show all that she eats. The producers/editors are showing more and more things that make Whitney look horrible so showing us the sheer volume of food seems like something they would jump at. I’m not sure why else they wouldn’t focus on it unless they have an agreement. 

• Love 5

I recently re-watched "One K At A Time" (the episode when Whitney plays a cringeworthy martyr crawling the 8k) and some questions occurred to me about her "panic attacks".

At the beginning of the last series, Whitney was portrayed having a "panic attack" in the car park of the dance studio after seeing how popular Todd was with her students. But I think this must have been staged fiction for the show because we have known for a while that "BGDC" only exists when the show is being filmed, it isn't a real dance class. Even Whitney's fans regularly bring this up on her social media.

Then we see Tal driving Whitney to a hospital and on the way she is shown vomiting, which appears to be quite real (although fortunately we don't actually see the vomit, but the noises sound realistic and Tal's concern appears genuine, but that could also have been acted, I suppose).

Then in "One K At A Time" when Whitney is freaking out about doing the 8k, she tells her parents she's scared of having another panic attack. So I was wondering whether this was just drama for the show or if she was actually lying to her parents that she has panic attacks? OR perhaps she DOES have panic attacks for real (not in the fictional Todd drama but in other, real life situations), and it's real like the PCOS, but she faked the panic attack in the car park for the show just like she faked the whole "pregnancy" drama?

Note, I'm not trying to belittle anyone who actually has panic attacks, I'm just wondering if it's yet another thing that Whitney invents or plays up for sympathy. If she is faking it then it's disrespectful towards people who suffer panic attacks for real.

What do other people think?

Also, I wanted to correct something I wrote in a previous post. I previously wrote that Todd said he runs several miles every day, but what he actually said in the episode was that he runs 8 miles several times a week.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, ZumbaTiger said:

I recently re-watched "One K At A Time" (the episode when Whitney plays a cringeworthy martyr crawling the 8k) and some questions occurred to me about her "panic attacks".

Also, I wanted to correct something I wrote in a previous post. I previously wrote that Todd said he runs several miles every day, but what he actually said in the episode was that he runs 8 miles several times a week.

Todd has a social-media account through a service called Strava. He has very often uploaded to Strava his running statistics (the route he takes, speed, etc.) and it’s verifiable that he averages about a 9-minute mile, and has run several days  a week at around about 8 miles a day.

What’s interesting to see is that Buddy also has a Strava account. He initially used it to track his miles either walking or biking way back in 2013, then he stopped using it, but he’s reactivated it as of February this year, where we find he has been living in Maryland, and he just moved back to the Greensboro area in May.

I see in some of her pictures that Whitney wears an Apple watch so it would be easy for her to join the Strava fun with her friends and upload her exercise stats, but of course that would reveal how she has none.

• Love 7

Just for shits and giggles, I looked up the obesity rate for NC (2016). 32% ... It's not among the *WORST* states (MS,AL, TX) but dayum. Cultural thing? Southern diet (aka greasy fried meat and overcooked vegetables)? I mean, the weather is nice enough to get outside and walk/run/bike most of the time. 

Beats me. 

• Love 3

Tal driving Whitney to a hospital

He took her to urgent care, not a hospital, which was my first clue that she wasn't having a heart attack. Certainly people get it wrong all the time, but usually if you think you're having a heart attack and both options exist reasonably close by (as they would in Greensboro), you're going to the ER, not an urgent care.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

He took her to urgent care, not a hospital, which was my first clue that she wasn't having a heart attack. Certainly people get it wrong all the time, but usually if you think you're having a heart attack and both options exist reasonably close by (as they would in Greensboro), you're going to the ER, not an urgent care.

And even if he did make the mistake the urgent care  would have sent them to the ER or even called an ambulance to take her if she was actually having a heart attack. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, tdanaher said:

Todd has a social-media account through a service called Strava....What’s interesting to see is that Buddy also has a Strava account. 

He initially used it to track his miles either walking or biking way back in 2013, then he stopped using it, but he’s reactivated it as of February this year, where we find he has been living in Maryland, and he just moved back to the Greensboro area in May.

Thanks for the info about Strava, esp. relative to Todd & Buddy.  I'd never heard about it before.

Buddy's return to Greensboro coincides with the resumption of MBFFL filming. I hope it's just a temporary move. I don't believe he can sustain his sobriety if he spends any amount of time around Twit. His Strava account indicates he is sincere. But it also shows he was sincere several years ago when he started working out with Will & that didn't last long. It has to be exhausting to be a "friend" of someone as needy & demanding as Twit. At least Buddy has escaped her house & is no longer so constantly under her thumb & mood swings. (Poor, dumb Tal.)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Yes, you're right- I remember that now. I think I mis-remembered that detail because I did remember Whitney saying she needed to "go to a hospital"... and Ashley's HILARIOUS response "The regular hospital, or the mental hospital?".

Considering that scene in the parking lot was staged, I don't know how Ashley got away with saying that line to Whitney!!

I wish Whitney's friends made more of an effort to point out to Whitney that her behaviour isn't normal. I remember Tal saying to Whitney that he didn't think the way she was reacting to the Avi situation was healthy, but he was too timid to push the point any further. When Whitney's friends act as if her behaviour is normal, it just makes her worse! I like how Todd does speak his mind sometimes but he still lets her get away with far too much.

• Love 7
On 6/6/2018 at 8:25 AM, cherenkov said:

It is incredibly difficult to be overweight due to muscle mass and still have a healthy body fat percentage. The people who are have dedicated their lives to being fit. They are outliers, and they know it. You will rarely hear them complain that "BMI isn't accurate". They just pull out the calipers or the DEXA scan.

Whitney is way past the point where she could be considered healthy, athletic, or fit. Her IG proves it.

Oh, for sure. Being the nosy beeyotch that I am, I used an online BMI calculator to see what her BMI is. *IF* we're really kind and assume that she weighs *only* 380, her BMI is 67.2 That's definitely Dr. Now territory. 

As for the original topic of my post: I have a friend who is a body builder/ physique competitor. 5'5" 160. 12% bf ... She's "overweight" on the height/weight chart, but she's a beast. 

• Love 4

Twit just announced on SM a BGDC tour with Todd to Pittsburgh (6/19), Columbus (6/21) & Chicago (6/24). This is obviously the "big change" in BGDC she mentioned a couple of weeks ago: instead of a fake class solely in Greensboro, she is holding fake classes in the Midwest.

• Love 6

@Dot I almost wish I could go to one just to see what a trainwreck it really is. Of course the rules are no cameras and no phones because otherwise people could leak what a big fraud she's pulling rather than allowing her to control the narrative through very carefully staged photos / videos of the attendees on IG and FB. They look to be 2.5 hours long from the Googling I did.

We saw in S2 that she couldn't keep active for 40 minutes and in S3 that she struggled to make it through a single song with TFM, so what are they going to fill the other two hours and twenty eight minutes of "BGDC" with?

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, cherenkov said:

@Dot I almost wish I could go to one just to see what a trainwreck it really is. Of course the rules are no cameras and no phones because otherwise people could leak what a big fraud she's pulling rather than allowing her to control the narrative through very carefully staged photos / videos of the attendees on IG and FB. They look to be 2.5 hours long from the Googling I did.

We saw in S2 that she couldn't keep active for 40 minutes and in S3 that she struggled to make it through a single song with TFM, so what are they going to fill the other two hours and twenty eight minutes of "BGDC" with?

Oh, I'm sure that Sweatney wouldn't let your skinny butt in the door!  But if she did, you could always report back to us.  :)

• Love 3

There is/was a British show that would go around and have people follow the show(s) subjects.  Would basically watch and take note of what they ate.  Then bring them to a studio and show them everything they ate during a certain time.  It would be interesting to see what Whit ate in a week or so.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cherenkov said:

@Dot

what are they going to fill the other two hours and twenty eight minutes of "BGDC" with?

I'm guessing it takes a lot of extra time to set up all the various takes it requires to make it appear Twit is able to "dance" continuously. You'll recall TFM's video is the only time we have ever seen Twit go a whole 2 minutes without a break. She barely made it.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mzskyhawk00 said:

There is/was a British show that would go around and have people follow the show(s) subjects.  Would basically watch and take note of what they ate.  Then bring them to a studio and show them everything they ate during a certain time.  It would be interesting to see what Whit ate in a week or so.

I love Secret Eaters!!

• Love 2

She'll fill the time pushing her NOBS crap and book signing. 

No way Twit will "dance" very much.  

Remember that class in  ballroom somewhere?  Twit stopped dancing in front and walked around critiquing their form---and she was red in the face and huffing and puffing. 

What a joke she is.  And a liar.  

• Love 9
20 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit just announced on SM a BGDC tour with Todd to Pittsburgh (6/19), Columbus (6/21) & Chicago (6/24). This is obviously the "big change" in BGDC she mentioned a couple of weeks ago: instead of a fake class solely in Greensboro, she is holding fake classes in the Midwest.

If i wasn't due to have a baby this week I would totally go to the Chicago one!!!!

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

If i wasn't due to have a baby this week I would totally go to the Chicago one!!!!

Congratulations!!  You should go anyway. You’d be the smallest person in the room ??. Of course you probably don’t want Whitney trying to help you deliver if you go into labor. 

• Love 8
7 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Congratulations!!  You should go anyway. You’d be the smallest person in the room ??. Of course you probably don’t want Whitney trying to help you deliver if you go into labor. 

Thank you!! and haha If i am still pregnant by the 24th maybe Ill go just to dance this kid out of me!!! 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Thank you!! and haha If i am still pregnant by the 24th maybe Ill go just to dance this kid out of me!!! 

Don't worry if you go there and then go into labor.  She's an experienced labor coach.  Hahahahahaha.  

• Love 10
18 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Better her than Jill Dugger (I know that's not her last name just how I think of her) at least Whitney will get you to the hospital, hopefully.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Better her than Jill Dugger (I know that's not her last name just how I think of her) at least Whitney will get you to the hospital, hopefully.

As long as there's a Starbucks on the way, Twitney will take anybody anywhere.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

No kidding. I am in favor of out-of-hospital births and I still wouldn’t let her anywhere near me if I was in labor. 

• Love 4

This thread has veered way off-topic.  Keep the discussion to Social Media; personal anecdotes belong in the Small Talk thread and non-SM Whitney talk can be discussed in her personal thread.  Thanks!

• Love 1

Getting back on topic in a very shallow way, based on her Instagram live video...for Pete's sake, Whitney, you stare at your cats for hours every single day and you don't know the difference between a dog nose and a cat nose?

• Love 2
On 6/10/2018 at 1:46 PM, Colleenna said:

British nutritionist? Might have been "You Are What You Eat."

I think I've seen that show! When the amount of food they eat is piled on the table in front of them?  I think just seeing that is a wake up call for many of them. That and the fact that there is little nutritional value in all of that crap. Literally piles of food and sugary drinks.

• Love 1

Whitney's latest Facebook post is saying one of her dance shows is sold out, at just 500 tickets, and also says the other two events have a smaller capacity though she didn't say the numbers for those two. 

She is on her 5th (?) series of MBBFL and talks all the time about her dancing, and love of dance. Her followers on instagram and Facebook cannot get enough of BGDC and keep saying how much they want ot be part of it. She takes it on tour and doesn't even have 1,500 people? My secondary school had that many students! Quite funny really, the venue organisers clearly don't think all that much of her to give her a bigger space if a whole tour has less that 1,500. I wonder how small the other two venues are, if they are under 500, they might be genuinely tiny!

• Love 5

Twit's IG page today includes a video of some guy "dancing." (I use the quote marks bc his moves don't appeal to me as real dancing.)

If Twit is calling attention to a fat, male dancer, you'd think she would post one of Steven Assanti's "fatboygetdown" YouTube videos. Like Twit, he only moves his arms & hips while standing in place.

If you've never seen Assanti to compare with Twit's moves -- or lack thereof -- I recommend "fatboygetdown chicken dance."

• Love 3

Dot, you have a stronger stomach than I to choose to watch Steven Assanti. With that said, I have always thought it would be money well spent to contribute to a GoFundMe for you to book on to the next cruise with the Twit. I can't think of a better person to infiltrate and report back on the Foolishness at Sea.

• Love 10

I think the guy on Whitney's instagram isn't particularly graceful, or musical, but he is doing some things we have already seen Whitney can't do. He jumps, he does deep knee bends and drops to the ground, he spins, he moves his whole body in different directions. I am also willing to bet a few bucks that he, although large, is nowhere near Whitney's level of obesity.

2 hours ago, Littlez said:

Whitney's latest Facebook post is saying one of her dance shows is sold out, at just 500 tickets, and also says the other two events have a smaller capacity though she didn't say the numbers for those two. 

She is on her 5th (?) series of MBBFL and talks all the time about her dancing, and love of dance. Her followers on instagram and Facebook cannot get enough of BGDC and keep saying how much they want ot be part of it. She takes it on tour and doesn't even have 1,500 people? My secondary school had that many students! Quite funny really, the venue organisers clearly don't think all that much of her to give her a bigger space if a whole tour has less that 1,500. I wonder how small the other two venues are, if they are under 500, they might be genuinely tiny!

I was totally surprised she even managed to give away (excuse me, "sell out") 500 tickets. For an outdoor dance class at the Rivers of Steel Carrie Blast Furnace landmark?  Why do I have the feeling that is another attempt by MBFFL to make it seem as if Whitney is some celebrity graciously lending her presence to a cultural center, when it's more likely her production company hunted around for someplace that would rent her some space for a donation? I can't help but notice that Rivers of Steel doesn't list this class as one of their public events . . .

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Why do I have the feeling that is another attempt by MBFFL to make it seem as if Whitney is some celebrity graciously lending her presence to a cultural center. . .

I assume you mean like the folk festival that Twit & MBFFL pretended they were invited to perform at. Then the festival organizers made it very, very clear that she had simply been given permission to use the stage before the event actually began.

• Love 6
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:02 AM, Dot said:

I assume you mean like the folk festival that Twit & MBFFL pretended they were invited to perform at. Then the festival organizers made it very, very clear that she had simply been given permission to use the stage before the event actually began.

Yep - or like the restaurant where she "belly danced" and pretended it was a paying gig arranged after she took one class in belly dancing. Where the "performance" took place on a Sunday afternoon (when the restaurant was closed?) and the only visible audience consisted of Whitney's family and the film crew. Or like the ballroom dance competition, which was a legit competition, but one which Whitney and Todd were not eligible to compete in (and certainly wouldn't have placed in.) So MBFFL rented the competition set-up and faked their entry, and their second place finish.  Or like the National Museum of Dance, where she claimed to have been invited to receive an award, but the Museum's press releases simply said she would be coming to give a talk and a meet 'n greet, free to the public. No mention of an award. (Local media reported she was coming to give a free performance and class at the School for the Arts, an adjunct nonprofit that is not the same as the National Museum of Dance, and which rents out its studio space. Again, no mention of an award). Although I must admit that a nervous young woman handed her a plastic plaque at some point in the episode. To me, she looked remarkably like one of the production crew.

• Love 13
22 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Yep - or like the restaurant where she "belly danced" and pretended it was a paying gig arranged after she took one class in belly dancing. Where the "performance" took place on a Sunday afternoon (when the restaurant was closed?) and the only visible audience consisted of Whitney's family and the film crew. Or like the ballroom dance competition, which was a legit competition, but one which Whitney and Todd were not eligible to compete in (and certainly wouldn't have placed in.) So MBFFL rented the competition set-up and faked their entry, and their second place finish.  Or like the National Museum of Dance, where she claimed to have been invited to receive an award, but the Museum's press releases simply said she would be coming to give a talk and a meet 'n greet, free to the public. No mention of an award. (Local media reported she was coming to give a free performance and class at the School for the Arts, an adjunct nonprofit that is not the same as the National Museum of Dance, and which rents out its studio space. Again, no mention of an award). Although I must admit that a nervous young woman handed her a plastic plaque at some point in the episode. To me, she looked remarkably like one of the production crew.

I rewatched that episode the other day. The whole thing looked so fake.  Yea they "won" second place.  The judges were so taken with Whitney's nude leggings they couldn't help themselves.  Yuck, that and making Todd put her shoes on and off.  At one point she complains about him not wanting to do her bidding fast enough, yea shovel more cake in your mouth Whit.

• Love 7
(edited)
29 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Not to mention the speech at ASU which Jeffro, the college's debate coach, revealed here on the forum as a total film crew setup.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Yep - or like the restaurant where she "belly danced" and pretended it was a paying gig arranged after she took one class in belly dancing.

That might have been good value, to pay to see that.
Is there someone like Mrs. Miller, a professional bad singer, who could tour with Whit, for an evening of song and dance?

• Love 4
(edited)
49 minutes ago, auntjess said:

That might have been good value, to pay to see that.
Is there someone like Mrs. Miller, a professional bad singer, who could tour with Whit, for an evening of song and dance?

Mileage varies, of course, AuntJess  but just this bit of  instagram video is more than enough for me. Also, that costume is hilarious - it's the first one I've ever seen that actually covers the whole belly! (Aside from costumes designed for modesty.) Usually the belt part of the a nightclub-style costume wraps around the hips, but Whitney's belly is so large, it would hang down well over hip level if it wasn't tightly wrapped.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Mileage varies, of course, AuntJess  but just this bit of  instagram video is more than enough for me. Also, that costume is hilarious - it's the first one I've ever seen that actually covers the whole belly! (Aside from costumes designed for modesty.) Usually the belt part of the a nightclub-style costume wraps around the hips, but Whitney's belly is so large, it would hang down well over hip level if it wasn't tightly wrapped.

Thank you. :-P. I now feel the need to Drano my eyes. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Also, that costume is hilarious . . .

Speaking of which: my favorite cheesy Twit costume remains the one with the cheap, tiny cowboy hat & shirt tied around her belly that she wore at the phony folk festival event.

I looked everywhere I could think of for a photo of that -- maybe with a Life & Style mag article? -- when I posted above about the festival but couldn't find it.

So, here's a challenge, @Ketzel: can you find that photo? Twit is standing in front of the BGDC in her costume, arms outstretched & a goofy smile on her face.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Dot said:

Speaking of which: my favorite cheesy Twit costume remains the one with the cheap, tiny cowboy hat & shirt tied around her belly that she wore at the phony folk festival event.

I looked everywhere I could think of for a photo of that -- maybe with a Life & Style mag article? -- when I posted above about the festival but couldn't find it.

So, here's a challenge, @Ketzel: can you find that photo? Twit is standing in front of the BGDC in her costume, arms outstretched & a goofy smile on her face.

Well, generally that kind of challenge makes me a little grumpy, but since it's you, Dot . . . . :-)

I haven't seen a still picture as you describe, but I did manage a close-second screen capture from a TLC video of coming attractions for that season. (Click on it for a larger size.)

dotwant.thumb.jpg.690ddd032eb57fc70678b244a7852ff6.jpg

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Well, generally that kind of challenge makes me a little grumpy, but since it's you, Dot . . . . :-)

I haven't seen a still picture as you describe, but I did manage a close-second screen capture from a TLC video of coming attractions for that season. (Click on it for a larger size.)

dotwant.thumb.jpg.690ddd032eb57fc70678b244a7852ff6.jpg

Aw, I KNEW you'd come thru, @Ketzel! ?

I ask any of you: is this just not the BEST costumed Twit over 5 seasons?

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Ketzel said:

Better than THIS?? 

Belly Dance travesty.png

Yeah, for me anyway. Maybe it's that teeny, tiny cowboy hat & my Texas roots.

Then there's also the St Pat's Day parade costume, with the dangling leprechaun antenae.

So many costumes. So little class.

• Love 7