Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

I'm still trying to lose the tummy from my last birth.  My daughter just turned 51.

I rarely go to a public place in a swimsuit.  The most I'll do is a quick drop-my-robe to hustle into a hot tub at our community clubhouse (all old people who can't see) or on a cruise ship (most people are too drunk to see much of anything clearly).  And based on some things we've seen on cruise ships, we do NOT hang around the pool.  We always get a balcony so we can enjoy the balmy seas without being exposed to exposed body parts . . . regardless of the weight of the swimsuit wearer.  I figure if someone doesn't want to see something, it's the responsibility of those who don't want to see to either (1) stay away from potentially "offensive" environments, or (2) stop looking around at everyone else.

• Love 11

I am also a "tomato on straws".  Yesterday I was at the beach and was really struck by how many overweight women were wearing bikinis or two piece suits and strutting around.  I don't have the confidence to wear a one piece, skirt suit!  

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Globegrl said:

I am also a "tomato on straws".  Yesterday I was at the beach and was really struck by how many overweight women were wearing bikinis or two piece suits and strutting around.  I don't have the confidence to wear a one piece, skirt suit!  

I don't do the beach because I am fish-belly white. When I swim at the gym, I wear two pieces consisting of knee length swim tights and a swim top that's cut like a tank top. 

(edited)
On 6/23/2018 at 6:44 PM, Irate Panda said:

I think it Babs because the picture itself looks really really old to me and for the sake of humanity I’d like to think even Whitney would not post a pic of herself while portraying it to be Babs.  Honestly, I really think Babs would have a problem with people confusing her with Whitney in a case like this.  I really think a Babs takes her physical appearance seriously even at her advanced age and I really think she’d be irritated with Whitney playing the old switcheroo.

I looked up the pic it was previously posted with mostly a Babs pictures, I do think it’s her. Also, I don’t Whitney ever had hair that nice.

D2979C14-C8F1-40CB-8E63-D7C144EFB6A3.thumb.jpeg.0807e4f1373791210825cf4bf2fc7fae.jpeg

That’s Babs.  I’ve seen the first picture before   It actually was on the show. 2nd one looks like it’s straight from the 70s or 80s

Edited by Bubbles1967
Couldn’t decide what decade to put.
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bubbles1967 said:

That’s Babs.  I’ve seen the first picture before   It actually was on the show. 2nd one looks like it’s straight from the 70s or 80s

Maybe Shitney shopped it to make Babs's face look fatter?

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/28/2018 at 6:35 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Personally that episode made my blood boil, I have friends who ballroom dance competitively and it is serious business. They have been competing since they were children. The fact that Twit tottles in and wins second prize, even if fake, is so insulting. It is an art and takes practice, talent and dedication. Same with Bellydancing. It isn't about shaking your fat Twit, there is technique involved.

A recent question on the TLC MBFFL website for her is why she has not done Dancing with the Stars and the person went on to comment that she would just kill it. What she would kill is the pro that had to lift her.

Unfortunately, if she were on, she would probably stay on for weeks, not because she did any of the work nor because she nailed the choreography,  but because all of her minions would be voting for her every week in droves.

Not to mention all of the whining and complaining one would have to endure.  I can tell you now, if they ever cast her on DTWS, I will not be watching until she was voted off.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Kid said:

A recent question on the TLC MBFFL website for her is why she has not done Dancing with the Stars and the person went on to comment that she would just kill it. What she would kill is the pro that had to lift her.

Unfortunately, if she were on, she would probably stay on for weeks, not because she did any of the work nor because she nailed the choreography,  but because all of her minions would be voting for her every week in droves.

Not to mention all of the whining and complaining one would have to endure.  I can tell you now, if they ever cast her on DTWS, I will not be watching until she was voted off.

Don't you have to actually...you know... DANCE? I've never seen DWTS (I even resisted when the irresistible Hines Ward was on there) but I've seen previews. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Colleenna said:

Don't you have to actually...you know... DANCE? I've never seen DWTS (I even resisted when the irresistible Hines Ward was on there) but I've seen previews. 

Yes, you do.  Unless you are Kate Gosselin.  Then all you do is whine.

• Love 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Does arm waving count? I don't think Whit would dare do it if asked, she wouldn't get the kind edit she is used too and would have to quit due to a fake injury rather than admit she is out of shape.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 6

Help.   I have not seen any new posts for over a week, only my own test message above.  It is hard to believe people are not making new comments.

What is wrong?

2 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Help.   I have not seen any new posts for over a week, only my own test message above.  It is hard to believe people are not making new comments.

What is wrong?

There's not a lot new to snark on.  Her last Instagram post was June 26th.  Maybe she's actually doing some work?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Seems obvious to me that she's not working out at the gym . . . so filming must have ended for next season.  No pay, no sweat.  No gym, no instagram.

SUCH a fabulous life????

Twit gave away all the story lines for S-5 on her SM pages a year before, so I think she's been instructed not to do that for S-6, hence the silence.

Some fan asked her what's in store for S-6 & she made a vague comment that included the possibility of another vacation. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's going on now.

On another site, I suggested The Gang could vacation at a dude ranch where Twit could injure several horses by riding them & sexually assault cowboys. Any other suggestions?

• Love 10
15 hours ago, Dot said:

Twit gave away all the story lines for S-5 on her SM pages a year before, so I think she's been instructed not to do that for S-6, hence the silence.

Some fan asked her what's in store for S-6 & she made a vague comment that included the possibility of another vacation. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what's going on now.

On another site, I suggested The Gang could vacation at a dude ranch where Twit could injure several horses by riding them & sexually assault cowboys. Any other suggestions?

They could vacation in Vermont, where Twit could take twice daily tours of the Ben & Jerrys factory.

• Love 6
(edited)
33 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They only have two tours a day?  

;-)

Maybe MBBFL films only a couple of hours a day. :-D And anything more would be too much walking for Sweatney.

Edited by Colleenna
Additional thought.
  • Love 5

Another vacay suggestion:

The Gang travels to Salem, MA & visits the House of 7 Gables. Fat activist Twit demands her right to ascend the secret staircase & becomes wedged halfway up. After much discussion it is decided to feed her a liquid diet for 6 months until she slims down enuf to emerge from the staircase. After requests from a majority of the residents, the Salem Town Council passes a resolution banning Twit from the town henchforth.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Another vacay suggestion:

The Gang travels to Salem, MA & visits the House of 7 Gables. Fat activist Twit demands her right to ascend the secret staircase & becomes wedged halfway up. After much discussion it is decided to feed her a liquid diet for 6 months until she slims down enuf to emerge from the staircase. After requests from a majority of the residents, the Salem Town Council passes a resolution banning Twit from the town henchforth.

More likely that the residents would petition the Town  Council to rip out the historic staircase to get her out within the first few days.

• Love 2

Re: the posts about Babs looking heavy in the photo Whitney posted;

Our extremely reliable and specific narrator (Whitney) in her extremely detailed and not-at-all ponderous, tendentious or confusing "memoir," said that between Whitney's fifth and eleventh year, Babs quit smoking and gradually gained a lot of weight. Whitney claims to have a single photograph of her "fat, puffy-faced mother" who, she says, must have been at least 100 lbs overweight when it was taken, but her mother threatened to never forgive her if she published it. Whitney says her mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and "eventually" began losing weight. Whitney said that at the time of writing her book, Babs wore a size 12 or 14.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, AZChristian said:

Seems obvious to me that she's not working out at the gym . . . so filming must have ended for next season.  No pay, no sweat.  No gym, no instagram.

SUCH a fabulous life????

But-but-she just started filming in, what, early April? Surely around three months isn't long enough to produce all the richly nuanced story lines MBFFL is so well known for?

• Love 5
5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

More likely that the residents would petition the Town  Council to rip out the historic staircase to get her out within the first few days.

Especially if she started whining like she did when she did the split on the bunny slope.... ;-)

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Whitney says her mother was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 

Then shame on Babs for not setting her family on a better health projectory.   Sweet tea, my ass.

• Love 5
On 7/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, Dot said:

Maybe a working farm, where she'd have to get up early and feed the animals?

• Love 1

Hi All,

I'm been reading this forum for a long time and I'd like to thank you all for some fantastic insight into the mind of the lovely Whitney  :p

However I was wondering if anyone had considered if her need to overeat to such an extreme manner is maybe a very long suicide attempt? The reason I say this is because I recently re watched a movie called "Leaving Las Vegas", It stars Nicholas Cage as a depressed Alcoholic who decides to drink himself to death, the way he acted in the movie is very similar to Whitney's behaviour.

I do believe she is depressed and her "bubbly" personality is a front to cover a lifetime of rejection and disappointment and she must of decided at some point that fuck it all, I'm gone but I'm going my way.

I think 90% of her issues lay with her parents and 10% with her rotten & vile personality, her relationship with her Dad is strange at best and borderline emotionally incestuous at worst, her mother seems like the type to have constant little digs which stems from a certain not dislike but jealously of her becoming a third wheel in her marriage.

Her Dad without meaning too slowly chipped away at her self worth by babying her and maybe controlling her to a certain point. I truly believe she also got this big to punish them. I don't think she hates them but her resentment towards them is very deep and strong i.e. the embarrassing displays in public, the obsession with sex it's partly payback on them.   

Whitney is a bully but her biggest victim is herself, by trying to hurt others she destroyed herself. She may live another 20 years (at most) but in that time she has to watch her friends settle down and live the life she feels she deserves. She will end up living some kind of Grey Gardens like life when this show is finally old yellered.

Anyway, What do you all think?

• Love 14
8 hours ago, TheLivingEnd said:

Hi All,

I'm been reading this forum for a long time and I'd like to thank you all for some fantastic insight into the mind of the lovely Whitney  :p

However I was wondering if anyone had considered if her need to overeat to such an extreme manner is maybe a very long suicide attempt? The reason I say this is because I recently re watched a movie called "Leaving Las Vegas", It stars Nicholas Cage as a depressed Alcoholic who decides to drink himself to death, the way he acted in the movie is very similar to Whitney's behaviour.

I do believe she is depressed and her "bubbly" personality is a front to cover a lifetime of rejection and disappointment and she must of decided at some point that fuck it all, I'm gone but I'm going my way.

I think 90% of her issues lay with her parents and 10% with her rotten & vile personality, her relationship with her Dad is strange at best and borderline emotionally incestuous at worst, her mother seems like the type to have constant little digs which stems from a certain not dislike but jealously of her becoming a third wheel in her marriage.

Her Dad without meaning too slowly chipped away at her self worth by babying her and maybe controlling her to a certain point. I truly believe she also got this big to punish them. I don't think she hates them but her resentment towards them is very deep and strong i.e. the embarrassing displays in public, the obsession with sex it's partly payback on them.   

Whitney is a bully but her biggest victim is herself, by trying to hurt others she destroyed herself. She may live another 20 years (at most) but in that time she has to watch her friends settle down and live the life she feels she deserves. She will end up living some kind of Grey Gardens like life when this show is finally old yellered.

I dont think she's suicidal yet. But when all the attention goes away and TLC isnt setting up fake opportunities for her, she might be. She'll  need a real job and will have lost her last excuse to stay fat.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, TheLivingEnd said:

I haven't seen the movie, but as a fatty with an alcoholic brother, I don't think that we actively "decide" to kill ourselves with these things.  In the case of my brother, he has been hospitalized several times now for seizures, and they tell him "You have to stop or you will die!" but I equate that to telling a child he will be punished if he does X and then never following through - so they don't believe it will really happen, since it hasn't yet.  In my case, I always had a resolve that wouldn't let me go past 199 lbs, and spent most of my adult life @170-199, but after quitting smoking the next thing you know I was in the 220s!  And it's so hard to go backwards!  I can relate to my brother's addiction because I don't like giving up what I like to do either!

In Whit's case, I believe she is a food addict and out of control.  I believe she has adopted both her obnoxious personality and her "fat pride" as a way of covering up her insecurity; also because they say that the first step in overcoming addiction is admitting you have a problem - but admitting you have a problem means you have to do something about it, and that is scary and hard.  Much easier to act like you are fine - it's everyone else's problem - and then you are absolved of having to take responsibility and make changes.  And she's still young - it hasn't killed her yet, and really hasn't caused her any type of serious, life-impeding problems (she managed to beat the diabetes diagnosis and then avoid it altogether; her "heart issues" have been fake panic attacks; etc.). So it's easy enough for her to deny, deny, deny - and it hasn't killed her yet so she's fine!  Just fine!

• Love 11

It's a sad state of affairs huh! I completely agree with the above. It's just every time I see her I think of the song Lump by The Presidents of the USA.

The Lyrics are as follows -

Lump sat alone in a boggy marsh
Totally emotionless except for her heart
Mud flowed up into lump's pajamas
She totally confused all the passing pihranas

She's lump, she's lump
She's in my head
She's lump, she's lump, she's lump
She might be dead

Lump lingered last in line for brains
And the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
Small things so sad that birds could land
Is lump fast asleep or rockin' out with the band?

She's lump, she's lump
She's in my head
She might be dead

Lump was limp and lonely and needed a shove
Lump slipped on a kiss and tumbled into love
She spent her twenties between the sheets
Life limped along at sub-sonic speeds

She's lump, she's lump
She's in my head
She might be dead

Is this lump outta my head?
I think so
I think so
I think so

(I know I'm an evil bitch by the way.)

• Love 3
On 6/30/2018 at 9:56 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Maybe Babs was pregnant in the photo? That can cause facial bloating but that is the only time I have seen her face look so fat.

When you're reclining or laying as she is, gravity does awful things to the face.

• Love 3

They DEFINITELY didn’t stay in it. They squeezed in there long enough to film the ‘shenanigans’ then went back to their hotels. That’s a modestly sized RV and, having travelled in all size and manner of RV, I can tell you, being crammed in there would be MISERABLE with someone of Whitney’s size. 

Shit like this, man. I think Whitney is a nasty piece of work, but shit like this makes me want to shake her. You can’t claim to be ‘body positive’ and then portray yourself like this, in these demeaning situations. It’s minstrelsy.

• Love 9
(edited)

OK - this not cool. However, with her personality? I'm wondering if it was someone who was familiar with what a miserable bitch she is instead of simply targeting an obese person's picture. I mean, I definitely would've used the b-word driving by if I'd seen the RV!

ETA: apparently this happened while the RV was sitting in her driveway, so probably a 'fan' or maybe a neighbor who's had it up to here with her shit.

Edited by lightninggirl
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

OK - this not cool. However, with her personality? I'm wondering if it was someone who was familiar with what a miserable bitch she is instead of simply targeting an obese person's picture. I mean, I definitely would've used the b-word driving by if I'd seen the RV!

ETA: apparently this happened while the RV was sitting in her driveway, so probably a 'fan' or maybe a neighbor who's had it up to here with her shit.

Maybe it was Glen. I think he's so tired of her shit.

• Love 12

Interesting. I actually have had a lot of experience dealing with the victims of this type of harassment - offensive graffiti aimed at people's homes, dorm room doors, lockers, houses of worship. I have never before seen a picture of a victim posing with a sad face next to the offensive graffiti.  Generally  they are either scared or furious or some combination of the two, But in either case, they are not interested in associating their image with the vandalism, giving publicity to the vandal's offensive attitudes, or satisfying anyone's voyeuristic interest in what, exactly, was said about them.  Odd to me that Whitney's response would be to pose next to the words and post it on Facebook.

• Love 18
51 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

HA! Nice try TLC producers, that's like one pity episode this little stunt you planned will get you. Show is still boring as shit, you'll have to fake an assasination to keep up with the rest of the reality tv publicity stunts. Ie: pretend she got robbed in Paris

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Should we do some handwriting sample comparisons?

Heh. If this is being filmed for the show, I expect the barnacles will show up soon to scrub or re-paint the RV to demonstrate their support for Whitney. (Or maybe the producers will try to turn out the neighborhood to do a vigil on her behalf.)

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, lightninggirl said:

Should we do some handwriting sample comparisons?

Seriously! Look at how nicely the words frame her face and don’t obscure it. If anything, they cover up her double chin. That’s Whitney’s work.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Seriously! Look at how nicely the words frame her face and don’t obscure it. If anything, they cover up her double chin. That’s Whitney’s work.

Huh. I never would have suspected she’d done it herself and I thought it was an outlandish accusation at first, but you really have a point here. If you were to do this, you’d spray the words right across the person’s face, not artfully work them into the photo. In a complementary color no less! Huh. 

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Or perhaps Todd's. He's also nicely framed by that pink and is TOTALLY passive-aggressive. Shit, if I were him? I'd totally do it.

• Love 10