Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

On 5/19/2018 at 9:45 AM, AZChristian said:

She'll say anything to try to squeeze another season on TLC out of her craptastic life.

Craptastic life!!! LOL!!!! 

• Love 2

I wonder where the show's going to go from here. They've exhausted pretty much every tacky plot. And don't even try to sell me the bull that Whit's going to go for motherhood and make a happy family with whatever barnacle is currently hanging onto her. 

She doesn't work, she doesn't want to get healthy, she doesn't do anything. What could she do? Advocate for the HAES movement?

• Love 10
27 minutes ago, ChessDiva19 said:

I wonder where the show's going to go from here. They've exhausted pretty much every tacky plot. And don't even try to sell me the bull that Whit's going to go for motherhood and make a happy family with whatever barnacle is currently hanging onto her. 

She doesn't work, she doesn't want to get healthy, she doesn't do anything. What could she do? Advocate for the HAES movement?

I've been given to understand HAES has disavowed her & her fake NoBS campaign, but I've never been able to confirm that.

And, yes, I think we are looking at a dismal 13-episode tramp thru adoption agencies, baby furniture &  clothing stores, much cuddling of hubby & wifey, etc. I'm guessing there will also be another off-site BGDC & a 3-4 episode story arc of a vacay somewhere. In other words, pretty much the same stuff, just in different locations.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Dot said:

I've been given to understand HAES has disavowed her & her fake NoBS campaign, but I've never been able to confirm that.

And, yes, I think we are looking at a dismal 13-episode tramp thru adoption agencies, baby furniture &  clothing stores, much cuddling of hubby & wifey, etc. I'm guessing there will also be another off-site BGDC & a 3-4 episode story arc of a vacay somewhere. In other words, pretty much the same stuff, just in different locations.

I'm hoping they'll dump the child storyline at the gate - it is the one thing I won't watch.  I'm predicting BGDC On The Road - and hoping Todd brings the hilarity! And some of her working out with her stupid trainer since she seems to be posting like crazy about that.  Followed by some type of vacation where someone offends her and they can discuss it endlessly.  Shenanigans with Tal as roommate?  Updates on Ashley's baby and how much Whitney loves her (even as it's made clear to us that the little one hasn't seen her since filming wrapped for the previous season?). Another milestone with Babs' and Glenn's relationship?  Or a pet dies/they get a new pet?  Perhaps Lennie will need $$ and come back to pursue her again?

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Dot said:

I've never so much as see any of the names in HAES acknowledge that Shitney even exists, which is in and of itself telling, because they're usually all over each other's social media. Like you'll see nothing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram of Shitney and the famous HAES/FA types like Ragen Chastain, Julianne Wotasik, Jeanette DePattie, Kelli Jean Drinkwater, Anna O'Brien and Virgie Tovar. They at least acknowledge each other existing but there's not a lot of direct interaction - other than Ragen and Julianne (because they're in a relationship) - just a lot of various separate HAES/FA conferences / campaigns that always involve funding the leader's lifestyle.

Shitney doesn't acknowledge them and they don't acknowledge her. I don't know whether that's some direct conflict, or whether it's just because they all seem to have the same schtick and it's normal for them to not overlap so much so that they can all fund their lifestyles. If there is anyone who Shitney would be directly competition for it's Ragen - both of them have made a living promoting themselves as fat dancers - but I have never seen either acknowledge that the other existed.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Brooks said:

Wouldn't we have seen signs of her advertising those classes, to make sure people show up?

Just follow the trail of Cheeto crumbs........

• Love 10

I wonder where the show's going to go from here. 

I think the whole baby thing will get shelved. I don't see her trying to get pregnant and no reputable adoption agency would talk to her on camera. There could be stuff like shopping for baby furniture and picking baby names but that would be a stretch to fill a season. I think they are going to focus on the "franchising" of BGDC which could be filled with lots of Todd/Whitney conflict and drama, plus Whitney's nominal attempts to get healthy (but note - not lose weight). And yeah - some big trip with some fitness "challenge" built in.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ChessDiva19 said:

Oh May 17th, she posted on Facebook that she was working with Will to lose the 100 lbs again. I think that's the show's next premise. She's been forced by the powers that be to cooperate or go the way of Ruby.

• Love 5

Ermagawd.... I went to her FB page where she's got this incredibly long post about everything, and one of her worshippers (Twitniks?) actually posted "you're not fat you're chubby." 

Guess you have to qualify for Dr. Now surgery for that Twitnik to consider you fat....

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, MegD said:

Oh May 17th, she posted on Facebook that she was working with Will to lose the 100 lbs again. I think that's the show's next premise. She's been forced by the powers that be to cooperate or go the way of Ruby.

I missed that post; I hope she hasn't deleted it yet since I'm interested in what her fans will say. I mean, isn't that a repudiation of everything she's espoused for 3-4 years?

And @Cherenkov, thanks for that HAES explanation. It makes sense that each of them would be doing her own thing to fund her obese lifestyle.

ETA: @MegD, you misread that May 17 post. A week or two earlier, Twit said Will wanted her to work toward LIFTING a 100-# barbell. So what she's saying on May 17 is that she is close to that wgt-lifting goal, not that she plans to lose 100 #s. But I agree that her being back in the gym is probably a story arc in S-6.

Edited by Dot
ETA
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MegD said:

Unless I misread the post, she doesn’t mean she is trying to lose 100lbs. There is one post where is is talking about how much she can press and says she’s heading towards 100lbs but she’s referring to pressing 100lbs. Not her weight. And the super long post about when she lost 100 lbs all makes losing weight sound like a bad thing. She may be trying to lose weight but she doesn’t seem to be acknowledging that fact. 

If she’s setting all of this up for next season I expect a lot of manufacturered drama about trying to work with Will while not falling into the trap of her amazing will power and losing too much weight. ???

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Donut Bear said:

Watch Whitney walk like a dedicated athlete.  She loves to speed walk with nature because she is SO fit and ready for anything.  (Never mind about that little 8k thingy in Hawaii)

Keep in mind, Whit is a sprinter and always will be. She has never, at least within the context of the viral video onwards through the show and up to the present day, ever let herself be seen to do something for more than a few seconds, or at most close to two minutes (but even that's as rare as a dodo). In my opinion, this is going to be the crux of the new season. She's figured out how to leverage her weakness of needing an enormous amount of rest time doing nothing into making it look like she's become Super Fathlete. The weightlifting hits that sweet spot exactly. She can LOOK like she's turned her life around on the health front, while not actually doing so.

1 hour ago, MegD said:

That might be a misunderstanding, I think. It's not that she wants to lose 100 pounds, it seems that she's aiming to be able to lift 100 pounds, as in the weight workouts she's doing.

• Love 3
On 4/18/2018 at 12:45 PM, lightninggirl said:

I totally believe this, as I don't know if she could find a pair of pants that she could actually button at her current weight. If you follow the seam up the front of them, they look like they have a zip & button - doubt she could do that at 400+. I found it in her FB photos in August 2017:

But her face looks like it's more than 9 months ago there.

I can’t not read that hashtag as “nobody’s a meat sea.”

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Cherrio said:

That's funny because I read it as Nobodys ham eat sea 

You did better than me cause I glanced at it and thought it said, "Nobody eats my ass". I choked on my drink. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, auntjess said:

My favorite would be trip to Houston and Dr. Now, but barring that, how about she gets catfished?
Maybe Jose (my favorite Catfish, especially as Rosa) can snare her.

Actually, she's already been catfished -- Avi.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Donut Bear said:
Watch Whitney walk like a dedicated athlete.  She loves to speed walk with nature because she is SO fit and ready for anything.  (Never mind about that little 8k thingy in Hawaii)

Panting heavily in the background from a little nature stroll

• Love 4
9 hours ago, tdanaher said:

Keep in mind, Whit is a sprinter and always will be. She has never, at least within the context of the viral video onwards through the show and up to the present day, ever let herself be seen to do something for more than a few seconds, or at most close to two minutes (but even that's as rare as a dodo). In my opinion, this is going to be the crux of the new season. She's figured out how to leverage her weakness of needing an enormous amount of rest time doing nothing into making it look like she's become Super Fathlete. The weightlifting hits that sweet spot exactly. She can LOOK like she's turned her life around on the health front, while not actually doing so.

That might be a misunderstanding, I think. It's not that she wants to lose 100 pounds, it seems that she's aiming to be able to lift 100 pounds, as in the weight workouts she's doing.

I wonder why she doesn't photo shop that grossly obese body?

image.png.7d41d6ab58990c85037f2b0e428059e0.png

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Dot said:

Actually, she's already been catfished -- Avi.

Avi really was Avi, he just had more than one woman at a time.

15 hours ago, Haleybug said:

Rosa!! LOL  He has to do the Rosa voice.  I would crack up!

I do too.  Maybe he could threaten to-what was it-push her face into the ground?  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Ew Whit's flashing some side boob, not a good look on her.

If anyone ever describes me as fierce, I will punch them in the face.

She also seems all about showing the stretch marks on her boobs, yet she 'shops her face?

• Love 8

Whitney is such a strange mix of narcissism and self-loathing. She reminds me of my friend who hates herself, is overweight, and abuses her body, and yet still thinks every man she meets is hitting on her. It’s interesting to me how these seemingly contradictory ideas can happily coexist in one person. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, auntjess said:

Avi really was Avi, he just had more than one woman at a time.

Avi was never honest about who he is, the essence of catfishing.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Avi was never honest about who he is, the essence of catfishing.

I dunno. I think Avi said "hello" and the desperation in the ladies ran with it.

Converting to Judaism? Almost engaged? None of that came from Avi.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

Ew Whit's flashing some side boob, not a good look on her.

We always know any week that filming is happening, we can expect daily photos of Twit in makeup.

• Love 2

But what an odd and unflattering angle! The body slumping to one side, little T-Rex arm, the massive bosom and gut, and the photo-shopped face where the facial hair was removed from the left side, but is still obvious on the lower right side of her face. (Left and right as you are looking at the picture, not her anatomical left and right.)

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

But what an odd and unflattering angle! The body slumping to one side, little T-Rex arm, the massive bosom and gut, and the photo-shopped face where the facial hair was removed from the left side, but is still obvious on the lower right side of her face. (Left and right as you are looking at the picture, not her anatomical left and right.)

It looks to me as if the head/face was cropped and pasted from AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PICTURE. So much easier to use a head shot that's already been photoshopped than to do ALL. THAT. WORK. AGAIN.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

It looks to me as if the head/face was cropped and pasted from AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PICTURE. So much easier to use a head shot that's already been photoshopped than to do ALL. THAT. WORK. AGAIN.

It really does and now I can't unsee it. She looks warped. If you sharp-eyed guys can see it, then Whit has to too. It's whether she acknowledges it that matters.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

The hairs appear to be wispy head-hair, not facial hair. But the skin is definitely coarser.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, tdanaher said:

Fierce feminists don't stalk multiple boyfriends just so they can make money off of the broadcast rights. Just sayin'.

You got that right! Although I don’t think she just did it for TV.  I think that she’s that much of a psycho stalker! I was saying on one of my previous posts, when she stalked Lennie and showed up at his house, she covered the peep hole when she was knocking and knocking. Weirdo stalker behavior that I’m sure isn’t the first time! I would never think to even do that.  Who would do that to their boyfriend especially??!! BUT she’s a “Fierce Feminist.” Yeah ok Twit! 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, tdanaher said:

Fierce feminists don't stalk multiple boyfriends just so they can make money off of the broadcast rights. Just sayin'.

And neither do they feel entitled to constantly grope men's bodies without warning or invitation, behaving exactly like the kind of men real feminists campaign against!

Or appear in a grotesque music video where the lyrics refer to thin women as "toothpicks", and are shown holding down a thin woman and forcing a cupcake into her mouth.

Neither do they post selfies on Instagram which are Photoshopped to the point where they are unrecognisable from their real selves (real feminists don't agree with dramatic Photoshopping as it creates and perpetuates fake and unrealistic beauty standards).

Or feel jealous, insecure and threatened by other women, seeing other women as rivals for them always being the centre of attention.

Or pretend to be bisexual to make their TV show more "interesting", trivialising the experiences of actual bisexual and lesbian women who were born that way and experience the prejudice, discrimination and possible rejection by their families that come with the reality of being bisexual or lesbian.

I'm sure I could think of more to add to the list but then I'd have to sit here all day! The point is, Whitney's actions show that she only gives a shit about one woman: herself. Even when she makes a show of "supporting" other fat women (as in the Avi episode) she disregards their feelings for the sake of her own ego.

• Love 19

It looks to me as if the head/face was cropped and pasted from AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT PICTURE.

And now I can not unsee how the photoshopped head is in high definition while the rest is out of focus. The color of her face and the rest of her body are not the same either.

The number of times she posts heavily photoshopped pictures and represents them as real gives me a glimpse of her relationship with reality.

• Love 5

Neither do they post selfies on Instagram which are Photoshopped to the point where they are unrecognisable from their real selves (real feminists don't agree with dramatic Photoshopping as it creates and perpetuates fake and unrealistic beauty standards).

Like this? 

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, SevenCostanza said:

Like this? 

Exactly! The woman in that picture bears zero resemblance to the real Whitney. If Whitney posted that image as her picture on a dating website and a guy agreed to go on a date with her (having never watched MBFFL and not knowing who Whitney was) and then Whitney showed up, that guy would not recognise her as being the same person!!

Also the woman in that Photoshopped image appears to be more than a decade younger than Whitney, and bears a closer resemblance to Charlotte Kalla (a Swedish cross-country skier, Google her to see what I mean) than to Whitney Way Thore, who the photo is supposed to portray!

• Love 6

That long-winded "Fat Athlete" Instagram caption...WHEW! Whitney sure fancies herself a fuckin martyr of sorts, doesn't she? Poor baby; I only *wish* that my life's biggest concern was feeling like I have to defend the way I look to strangers online, day-in and day-out. You can try to deceive your audience by making it look like you have a neck, but you can't Photoshop your shitty personality!

• Love 9

Exactly! The woman in that picture bears zero resemblance to the real Whitney. If Whitney posted that image as her picture on a dating website and a guy agreed to go on a date with her (having never watched MBFFL and not knowing who Whitney was) and then Whitney showed up, that guy would not recognise her as being the same person!!

Yeah, maybe she was counting on captivating him with her personality that is...after the original shock wore off. That being said, when my bf was still dating he arranged to meet a woman he had met online for lunch and it was the same story. She was about 100 lb heavier than the picture she had posted and he did not recognize her until she approached him.

He had snowmobiled about 50 miles to go see her and had extra gear with him in case she wanted to go for a ride. Needless to actually have to say it didn't work out very well.

• Love 4