Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Pachengala said:

And that is why I am absolutely positive Whitney was not actually Ashley's birth coach IRL; Ashley knows the score and knows who Whitney is. That woman is absolutely incapable of being a supportive beacon of comfort in a stressful time. She just wouldn't even know where to start. 

Of course she would. Two steps to the right and wave her arms in the air. Bend way over and shake her rear senshusly as she slowly stands up.  Then sit down, announce she is sweating and gulp a 32 oz. frappachino. Wait impatiently for Ashley to applaud.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 15
On 1/31/2018 at 10:54 PM, auntjess said:

Funny you mention this now, because I've just rewatched an old episode where Lenny is going to paint Whit in the nude, and she goes for a full body waxing.
Some of these old episodes are good value.

No no no!!  Now I can't unsee that image.  And I did not actually see it, only a description.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, auntjess said:

You forgot "take off sweaty shirt, and strip down to her sports bra."

Well, I just assumed if she was going into action, she'd already be stripped down to her leggings and sports bra. :-)

• Love 8
16 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Whitney's arms are the worst. Just being a shallow asshole for a second here, don't mind me.

Humor me whilst I ramble about upper arms. Generally, women with naturally large bewbs tend to grow large upper arms as they put on weight. My understanding is that this occurs because such women have breast tissue/fat or some reasonable facsimile that lives in their arms. SOOOO for smallish-bewbed Sweatney to have such ginormous upper arms, she's REALLY FAT. 

You're welcome. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Thrifty said:

No no no!!  Now I can't unsee that image.  And I did not actually see it, only a description.

It was horrific. I hope the technicians got tipped WELL and charged extra for all the work! It took TWO of them. Just watching them do her underarm was shocking. It took one to hold back the fat so the other one could even GET to her underarm. HER UNDERARM!!! That was sobering. Very. Ver. Sobering. 

4 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

OK, so her "No BS" line isn't going out of business - she's claiming that she's simply switching fulfillment companies. Hmmmmm... Does she even do anything with the brand at all?

That's another thing. She hasn't done SHIT with her big NOBS campaign since trying to get the Grasshoppers to put her logo on their uniforms/t-shirts. And now that she wants to be fat and isn't even pretending to try to lose weight, you'd think that would give her even more momentum to get the campaign going but she doesn't do damnit with it at all. NoBS - she is nothing BUT BS. Maybe we should start the ALLBS campaign? 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

That's another thing. She hasn't done SHIT with her big NOBS campaign since trying to get the Grasshoppers to put her logo on their uniforms/t-shirt

Yes, in one of those shows, she did a dance class with NBS, for young girls, and talked about bullying, etc.
But as far as I know, it was just a one-time thing for the show, no real commitment.

4 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

OK, so her "No BS" line isn't going out of business - she's claiming that she's simply switching fulfillment companies. Hmmmmm... Does she even do anything with the brand at all?

Reading the posts in that thread, she is so nasty to people. How does she have fans?

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Reading the posts in that thread, she is so nasty to people. How does she have fans?

Yes, holy shit. One person said "no body shaming so how come you don't have over size 28?" and Whitney and her minions ripped her a brand-new asshole. Granted, obviously the sale stuff is going to be small, and Whitney said that up front, but nobody ever accused these people of having awesome reading comprehension, bless their hearts. Whitney didn't need to basically call her a stupid bitch and encourage her fans to do the same.

• Love 12
On 2/2/2018 at 2:36 PM, DanaMB said:

I hate the bullying that Z-list television personalities participate in. Whitney Thore and Meri Brown must have a "How mean can you be to your followers" competition going on. They're both extremely unprofessional, hasty and rude in response to "negative" comments. Whitney especially refuses to rise above gang bullying--this from someone who doesn't like being "shamed". HYPOCRITE. 

It is possible to to respond to negativity with an articulate response that doesn't include insults. I can't stand these people. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I hate the bullying that Z-list television personalities participate in.

You gotta admit that Twit plays her fans like they're a fine-tuned violin. She knows her audience; she plays to their thoughts, insecurities & proclivities; and she keeps signing contracts with TLC. There is no way that someone like her with so little to offer in real entertainment could have kept going for 5 years without being able to say to TLC, "Look at how many fans I have -- 400,000-plus follow me on FaceBook." She keeps those fans by seeming to be very available to them, esp. thru her frequent live videos & replies to fan comments.

Edited by Dot
  • Love 6

Gosh I hope it's Hadley. Not because I like the name, but because literally every other girl born between 2016 and now is named Harper. I personally know THREE Harpers. And my social circle is tiny! And that's not even to get started on Islas. Please, parents, stop trend-naming your children! 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

Gosh I hope it's Hadley. Not because I like the name, but because literally every other girl born between 2016 and now is named Harper. I personally know THREE Harpers. And my social circle is tiny! And that's not even to get started on Islas. Please, parents, stop trend-naming your children! 

Sorry, it's Harper.

• Love 1

Ugh.  Found some page about her on one of those entertainment gossip sites.  It showed some pictures of Whitney in her teens.  She looked very pretty.  But she was captioning every picture with "Oh, I look fit and healthy, but I'm not.  I was bulimic and worried about my weight back then.  Today I'm not bulimic or worrying about my weight, so I'm healthy."

Such a bizarre misinterpretation of reality.  It's not unique to Whitney.  I've seen a lot of the same distorted thinking in a lot of the Fat Acceptance Movement.  This odious idea that because anorexia and bulimia exist, any thin person must have that condition.  It lets these people reframe their poor lifestyle choices as positive ones, and lets them indulge in a little smudgeness and self superiority.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

Harper Belle Hadley. 

So wait - so since we don’t use a full name in regular life her name is ‘Harper Hadley’? Yikes. That’s a lot of alliteration. Or are they going to call her Harper Belle as her first name?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

So wait - so since we don’t use a full name in regular life her name is ‘Harper Hadley’? Yikes. That’s a lot of alliteration. Or are they going to call her Harper Belle as her first name?

"Harper Hadley" does kind of sound like a superhero's love interest, doesn't it?

• Love 7
23 hours ago, VIOLETDL said:

its a special snowflake name perfect for this show

I actually think it's kind of cute. Like Harper Lee. :-) Better than some of the names that celebrities have come up with. (Ka-Lel Cage, anyone?)

• Love 1

Ugh.  Found some page about her on one of those entertainment gossip sites.  It showed some pictures of Whitney in her teens.  She looked very pretty.  But she was captioning every picture with "Oh, I look fit and healthy, but I'm not.  I was bulimic and worried about my weight back then.  Today I'm not bulimic or worrying about my weight, so I'm healthy."

I think she just traded one eating disorder (bulimia) for another (binge eating).

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

"Harper Hadley" does kind of sound like a superhero's love interest, doesn't it?

To me, it sounds more like the superhero's name when he's out of costume.
And a recent 600 Lb'er claimed she'd become bulemic on the diet.

• Love 1

Trend Names blecchhhh...so eyerollingly annoying. Back in my early parenting day it was Kaylee or Katelyn or Madison. And the white trailertrash baby girls were all named ...wait for it... "Destiny Love"

• Love 5
23 hours ago, Thrifty said:

In the first few seasons she stated that she didn't gain weight until college, and that it was all due to her PCOS.  No mention of bulimia.  Methinks it is a convenient revisionist history.

• Love 6

My friend and I were literally just talking about how her whole timeline of weight-related events just doesn't add up. (From high school, through college, then her move + four-year stay in Korea; I feel like I just need more info on that. Maybe I will buy her book to see if she addresses it clearly. I digress.) 

I agree with you about her simply adjusting her story for convenience. It seems easy enough to pander to the hardcore body positive population, so they don't even notice and label anyone who declares incongruence, "a jealous hater." 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, auntjess said:

And a recent 600 Lb'er claimed she'd become bulemic on the diet.

Well.... if a person has weight loss surgery then tries to eat like she use to, she'll definitely start throwing up a lot.  But that's not bulimia.

• Love 6

As I've gotten bits and pieces of the story Whitney tells in places other than on MBFFL, they are completely inconsistent with the storyline she's pitched on this show.

Overall, her "backstory" and her "journey" forward are so malleable because they're both bullshit.

She faked her "fat girl dancing" video, got it to go viral, parlayed that into a TLC series, and now she's got the tiger-by-the-tail and needs to come up with some reason to actually be filmed.  Because the original premise was always based on complete falsehoods.

As I understood the original pitch of the show, it was to highlight the fabulous life this very obese young woman was living despite her size/weight.  

There was some exercise and dietary discussion related to the pre-diabetes/diabetes storyline, but that was merely for purposes of trying to convince us that Whitney could be considered healthy (by allegedly pulling a single A1C reading within-normal-limits) to prove that you can be healthy at Whitney's size/weight.

The problem for all involved is that Whitney has been on a downward spiral since then (and, frankly, since the original viral video was so heavily edited, the downward spiral probably started well before the show).  Now Whitney can't even pretend to participate in a merely functional life, let alone a fabulous life.  And so we get the bullshit we've been getting.

• Love 16
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:26 AM, Thrifty said:

The irony, it burns. So because she worried about her weight when she didn't really need to, she concludes it is healthy not to worry about her weight when she does really need to.  Logic!

• Love 10
2 hours ago, SenshusWoman said:

Maybe I will buy her book to see if she addresses it clearly.

And I will remind you of @Alapaki's brilliant theory, Whitney's Razor: the simplest explanation is that she is lying. Why would you think she would be any more honest in her book than she is on MBFFL, mag articles, TEDx talk, etc.?

2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Overall, her "backstory" and her "journey" forward are so malleable because they're both bullshit. . . .

As I understood the original pitch of the show, it was to highlight the fabulous life this very obese young woman was living despite her size/weight.  

All that, plus she would be working on getting to a healthier weight thru diet & exercise. That part of the equation was in all the TLC promos. (That's the main reason I initially tuned in. I would LOVE to lose another 100 #s & I was interested to see how she would do it.)

In S-1 Twit tells Glenn she needs to lose 100 #s. By S-3 she is stating on her SM sites that she is no longer intentionally losing weight. And TLC has been willing to go along with it becuz MBFFL is apparently successful enuf for them.

• Love 9

I don't see how 5 seasons of watching Whit lose weight is sustainable programming.  This way TLC can tap into both her devotees and those of us who think she's ridiculous.  No reason I can see that TLC should be encouraging her to assume a healthy lifestyle.

• Love 2

Sometimes I like to refer to TLC by its full name "The Learning Channel", just as a sad reminder of the sad gravity well of dreck that a respectable network will be sucked in to because of business forces.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Ketzel said:

The irony, it burns. So because she worried about her weight when she didn't really need to, she concludes it is healthy not to worry about her weight when she does really need to.  Logic!

If irony were a bowl of pasta and M&Ms, she'd be choking on it.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Brooks said:

Whit is conveniently confusing mental/emotional health with physical health.

I don't know - she isn't claiming to be all that mentally/emotionally healthy now. She talks about suffering from depression; she's on medication and seeing a therapist. Then there was that creepy and morbid  instagram video she posted, since taken down, that caused much speculation that she was suicidal. And I don't think anyone could call her response to the Avi break up a sane and balanced one. The international search for other fat women Avi had dated!The creation of the Sisterhood of the Morbidly Obese Avi  Rejects! The road trip with the almost fiancée to a spa Avi had recommended to both of them, as a means of "closure!" The race to the coffee shop when her production crew reported he was there, in order to confront him!  This isn't the behavior of an emotionally healthy woman.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 15

I thought the Whitney Hawaii 8K sounded a bit suspicious, so I did a bit of digging. I found the Coconut Chase 8K's Facebook page and looked at the comments and found out the course was actually a mile short. People were reporting that their Garmins were around 4 miles rather than 5. Apparently the race director announced that the course was short before the race started. This makes the results below make a LOT more sense. Although I still think Donna went pretty damn fast. Don't know if I buy it. But I believe Todd could run a bit faster than 8-minute miles if his usual training pace is 9.

Capture.PNG

Edited by ClareWalks
  • Love 6

I see Glenn let Whitney win again lol.  As far as Donna goes I will say,  I’m not tiny, in fact chubby, but I can run unusually fast for my size.  I played female rugby and lacrosse in my teens and mid 20s and I always had more stamina and was faster than my skinnier teammates.  Also, it could be Donna was running from a Twitney that make anyone pick up the pace.

eta: I was looking at their number Glenn actually beat Whitney this time lol

Edited by Irate Panda
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

As far as Donna goes I will say,  I’m not tiny, in fact chubby, but I can run unusually fast for my size.  I played female rugby and lacrosse in my teens and mid 20s and I always had more stamina and was faster than my skinnier teammates.  Also, it could be Donna was running from a Twitney that make anyone pick up the pace.

Maybe Donna is secretly some amazing athlete. I guess she has to be in decent shape to be able to do everything for Whitney!

4 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I don't know - she isn't claiming to be all that mentally/emotionally healthy now. She talks about suffering from depression; she's on medication and seeing a therapist. Then there was that creepy and morbid  instagram video she posted, since taken down, that caused much speculation that she was suicidal. And I don't think anyone could call her response to the Avi break up a sane and balanced one. The international search for other fat women Avi had dated!The creation of the Sisterhood of the Morbidly Obese Avi  Rejects! The road trip with the almost fiancée to a spa Avi had recommended to both of them, as a means of "closure!" The race to the coffee shop when her production crew reported he was there, in order to confront him!  This isn't the behavior of an emotionally healthy woman.

Plus, emotionally healthy people do not eat themselves into morbid obesity.  Considering her food addiction and her inappropriate sexual behavior, I would bet anything she was molested at some point in her life.  

And if everything is scripted, the writers are really sick puppies.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I thought the Whitney Hawaii 8K sounded a bit suspicious, so I did a bit of digging. I found the Coconut Chase 8K's Facebook page and looked at the comments and found out the course was actually a mile short. People were reporting that their Garmins were around 4 miles rather than 5. Apparently the race director announced that the course was short before the race started. This makes the results below make a LOT more sense. Although I still think Donna went pretty damn fast. Don't know if I buy it. But I believe Todd could run a bit faster than 8-minute miles if his usual training pace is 9.

Capture.PNG

Huh. And yet, months before the race, Glen was selling it to Whitney as a 5K. 

Found this comment from a runner in the race:

6:49 PM Aug 28, 2017

This was by far the HOTTEST race I have ever ran on Oahu! I thought this year's Rainbow Ekiden was rough. It was so hot that they even cut a mile from our course... or it was due to the filming if some reality TV show... who knows... maybe we will all be famous ? . . . Stats are in! Not my best, not my worst, just another fun run down in the books ? . .

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

Capture.PNG

So this is basically saying that it took Whitney 2 hours and 34 minutes to walk 4 miles. That is a pace of 1.5 miles per hour. A regular leisurely walk is about 2.5 miles per hour.  How on earth do you even go that slow. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

So this is basically saying that it took Whitney 2 hours and 34 minutes to walk 4 miles. That is a pace of 1.5 miles per hour. A regular leisurely walk is about 2.5 miles per hour.  How on earth do you even go that slow. 

You go that slow becuz you stop to rest a couple dozen times & TLC portrays it as tho you are continuously walking so that you can show your fans how "capable and strong" you are.

• Love 8