Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media: What's Up With Her?

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we come up with catchy or snarky topic titles and still remember the human behind the title? 

Please review the Primetimer Guidelines.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, 3girlsforus said:

FFS.... she posted a photo of her hand with a ring on 'that' finger.  Because she's never faked that before. 

This show should really be listed under the Comedy section.  I hope she stays away from The Seine.  I wouldn’t want the ring to fall in LOL.  Can you tell what type of ring it is, I can’t tell.  It looks like a pebble from a distance.

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

This show should really be listed under the Comedy section.  I hope she stays away from The Seine.  I wouldn’t want the ring to fall in LOL.  Can you tell what type of ring it is, I can’t tell.  It looks like a pebble from a distance.

I can't even see her left hand, since it's down by her side. Unless we're talking about different pictures.  Link?

ETA: nebbermind. Now I see the pic you're talking about. Looks kinda like a polished rock surrounded by  "diamonds. " Goin searching.

Edited by Colleenna
Duh moment
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Colleenna said:

I can't even see her left hand, since it's down by her side. Unless we're talking about different pictures.  Link?

ETA: nebbermind. Now I see the pic you're talking about. Looks kinda like a polished rock surrounded by  "diamonds. " Goin searching.

I guess I missed the pic, some one please post a link, not on SM at all. I'd like  to see her latest "fake" engagement ring.

16 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

FFS.... she posted a photo of her hand with a ring on 'that' finger.  Because she's never faked that before. 

This. It’s no longer “reality” tv, it’s just a really bad project. I truly cannot understand how this show is still on—there’s nothing left for them to cover. ANOTHER season Whitney and a paid actor? 

I even stopped hate-watching a few seasons ago. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 5

Since Ryan regularly posts inspirational and motivational quotes, I'm sure it's a coicidence that he posted this yesterday 

You have changed. Your life is exactly the same. My condolences. 

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.

I'm sure that it he didn't mean anything by it to post that on the day he brought home his beautiful girlfriend and adorable new son to their new home and Whitney posted another fake engagement ring. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Is she really trying to say she got engaged to this person that she just met?

I'm sure she'd say it's just a picture and people read too much into stuff. But I guarantee she posted it for giddy responses. I don't think she's even dating the person whose hand is under hers let alone engaged to him.

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I'm sure she'd say it's just a picture and people read too much into stuff. But I guarantee she posted it for giddy responses. I don't think she's even dating the person whose hand is under hers let alone engaged to him.

Ah yes, fishing for more of the barnacles love "you deserve it" "did your hand lose weight" bs

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Ah yes, fishing for more of the barnacles love "you deserve it" "did your hand lose weight" bs

The only way that would be an "engagement " ring  would be if the guy wants some TLC cash for a  crossover from My Big Fat Fatuous Lie to 90DF. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Snarkastikate said:

Does the center "rock" in that ring literally look like an actual pebble or is it me.  And it looks like a huge portion of this season will be set in France.  You know, because she's so sophisticated & shit. 

And senshual, don't ya know?

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, Snarkastikate said:

Does the center "rock" in that ring literally look like an actual pebble or is it me.  And it looks like a huge portion of this season will be set in France.  You know, because she's so sophisticated & shit. 

it does look like a pebble up close.

• LOL 1

This is one of the reasons why I can't stand her, some random photo with some Claires ring again so she gets all these replies. Sorry Twit, been there seen it and laughed my ass off the last time you were "engaged" Like many of my lovely posters said earlier, you were too lazy to think about moving to Wilmington for your "bae" you honestly think someone in France is going to move to Charlotte? Maybe it will be a cross over to 90 day fiance. She is exhausting

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

This is one of the reasons why I can't stand her, some random photo with some Claires ring again so she gets all these replies. Sorry Twit, been there seen it and laughed my ass off the last time you were "engaged" Like many of my lovely posters said earlier, you were too lazy to think about moving to Wilmington for your "bae" you honestly think someone in France is going to move to Charlotte? Maybe it will be a cross over to 90 day fiance. She is exhausting

Yes, how would she ever maintain her  "thriving " business if she moved to France? I mean,  she doesn't even live in Charlotte--- a medium sized city --- any more. Does she expect her "suitor" to move to Smallville (Greensboro)?

• LOL 2
41 minutes ago, Colleenna said:

Yes, how would she ever maintain her  "thriving " business if she moved to France? I mean,  she doesn't even live in Charlotte--- a medium sized city --- any more. Does she expect her "suitor" to move to Smallville (Greensboro)?

there is no "suitor' this is all fantasy for her brain-dead followers.Whit is a waste of time for any human.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Crossover episode with 90 Day Fiancee?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Crossover episode with 90 Day Fiancee?

It will be a triple cross 90day fiacee, going to see dr. now in 600 lb life.Stay tuned to tlc crapalapolozza. Its fabulous!

• LOL 9

Wow... I stay away for a few weeks and find that this shitshow is like a cockroach. No matter how much we spray, it keeps coming back.

I'm so over Whiney and her fake romances that she keeps trying to portray as being "real luv 4evah!!!!".  The bigger question is why I'm paying any attention to this garbage except the dark pleasure of watching Whiney fall flat on her face again.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

Wow... I stay away for a few weeks and find that this shitshow is like a cockroach. No matter how much we spray, it keeps coming back.

I'm so over Whiney and her fake romances that she keeps trying to portray as being "real luv 4evah!!!!".  The bigger question is why I'm paying any attention to this garbage except the dark pleasure of watching Whiney fall flat on her face again.

Right, she is like the overweight Darcey of 90 DF, both with ugly crys

• Love 4
On 8/9/2021 at 2:07 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Ya kill me!!!!   🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I've grappled with that question myself and I've come to the conclusion it's because I like coming here and hearing what people have to say about it. That, and a dark pleasure of watching Whitney fall flat on her face again LOL. I do like your choice of word 'paying attention' because while I do pay attention, I can't bring myself to watch anymore. It's just too awful.

• Love 5
On 8/12/2021 at 2:18 PM, Hana Chan said:

It’s always to watch Whitney fall on her face (or off her skis, or pee in a hot tub, or cry and bray during an 8k….). 

How do they even get willing actors to portray the role of love interest for Whitney? The few  times I saw her “love interest” last season, he didn’t seem interested AT ALL. In fact, at times he seemed more than happy to get away from her. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

I've grappled with that question myself and I've come to the conclusion it's because I like coming here and hearing what people have to say about it. That, and a dark pleasure of watching Whitney fall flat on her face again LOL. I do like your choice of word 'paying attention' because while I do pay attention, I can't bring myself to watch anymore. It's just too awful.

I quit watching after seasons ago, but I'm still here for the snark. 😉

• Love 5
On 8/12/2021 at 11:09 PM, 3girlsforus said:

I hear ya. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood & don't watch, but I'll check here afterwards.  Sometimes an episode looks promising, meaning the preview shows her falling on her ample arse or getting her comeuppance in some way, so I tune in.  But it becomes unbearable to watch her, so I bail.  I'm honestly shocked it's back for another season.  

• Love 4

I watch every season hoping to see Whitney gain one ounce of self awareness, grace, empathy or maturity. I truly liked her at first.  Now, she's just an unhealthy woman with Dadwee issues shilling every product she can make a buck off. Now don't get me started on Jazz Jennings ..

• Love 6
3 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

I watch every season hoping to see Whitney gain one ounce of self awareness, grace, empathy or maturity. I truly liked her at first.  Now, she's just an unhealthy woman with Dadwee issues shilling every product she can make a buck off. Now don't get me started on Jazz Jennings ..

Personally,  I want to know when Facebook is going to go after hWitney and the HAES crowd for spreading false  dangerous information.  After all, obesity related diseases are at the top of the list of causes of death. The HAES crowd is killing people.  

• Love 4
7 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

The series did start off with a feel of honesty but sadly it didn't seem to last long. We could see it show by show, less reality & more dramatic acting & absurd romantic situations.  Whitney must  know that the older she gets she's really pushing her health further.  She just can't physically do all the stuff she thinks she can without lots of assistance, sometimes to the point of being ridiculous & embarrassing, as in a crew lowering her down a small cliff on pulleys. Maybe she thinks she'll ride her "fat fame" till the end, then consider bariatric surgery?  Risky move. 

And let's not forget that obesity is a HUGE factor in covid death (something I think our government has done a very piss poor job emphasizing).  Not fabulous.  And does she still smoke?  Yikes.  

(From the little I've seen, Jazz Jennings looks like a very miserable young person.  Very dramatic, always crying, in physical pain.  Guess we'll have to see how history judges that issue.) 😒

• Love 2
On 8/13/2021 at 6:40 PM, TurtlePower said:

How do they even get willing actors to portray the role of love interest for Whitney? The few  times I saw her “love interest” last season, he didn’t seem interested AT ALL. In fact, at times he seemed more than happy to get away from her. 

Well it's the 21st century - people want to be famous (see tik tok) - it probably sounds good to a guy who has nothing going on; he's not thinking about finding a girlfriend who he will eventually want to marry, have kids with, etc (see Chase)

12 hours ago, Colleenna said:

Personally,  I want to know when Facebook is going to go after hWitney and the HAES crowd for spreading false  dangerous information.  After all, obesity related diseases are at the top of the list of causes of death. The HAES crowd is killing people.  

Yeah good question 🙄

• Love 2

In the past year, since my daughter was diagnosed with and treated for anorexia, I've pretty radically changed my thinking about this. I don't know much about the HAES "movement" in terms of specific beliefs and I definitely agree that obesity causes a great many illnesses and exacerbates many, many others. I'm overweight myself and have been for quite some time and I also have type II diabetes. I would be healthier if I lost weight and could take fewer medications but in all honesty, I'd also really much prefer how I looked if I lost 70 pounds.

Having said all of that, our culture in the US still really skews toward "thinner is better" and that is not without its own set of issues. There are many causes of eating disorders and I'm not going to lay blame solely on TikTok and Victoria's Secret but I think people struggling with obesity are more visible than people struggling with eating disorders (many of whom are at a "normal" weight but do great damage to their bodies). Honestly I think if everyone just paid attention to their own bodies and left everyone else's bodies alone, maybe we would all be better off?

None of this is to say that we shouldn't all be here snarking on Whitney. She is infinitely snarkable and she does put her name and face on a platform so that opens her up to some scrutiny. But I really do think that obesity is more symptomatic of her larger issues and not the main issue itself. She could lose a massive amount of weight and not necessarily be any healthier and certainly not any happier.

• Love 18

So is Discovery + not going to air this dumpster fire premiere early?  

I can tell how bored I am with the current 90DF/HEA bullshit when I'm checking daily to see if this shit storm has yet dropped on D+.  

Bring on Whitney and another fraudulent fabulous season.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

In the past year, since my daughter was diagnosed with and treated for anorexia, I've pretty radically changed my thinking about this. I don't know much about the HAES "movement" in terms of specific beliefs and I definitely agree that obesity causes a great many illnesses and exacerbates many, many others. I'm overweight myself and have been for quite some time and I also have type II diabetes. I would be healthier if I lost weight and could take fewer medications but in all honesty, I'd also really much prefer how I looked if I lost 70 pounds.

Having said all of that, our culture in the US still really skews toward "thinner is better" and that is not without its own set of issues. There are many causes of eating disorders and I'm not going to lay blame solely on TikTok and Victoria's Secret but I think people struggling with obesity are more visible than people struggling with eating disorders (many of whom are at a "normal" weight but do great damage to their bodies). Honestly I think if everyone just paid attention to their own bodies and left everyone else's bodies alone, maybe we would all be better off?

None of this is to say that we shouldn't all be here snarking on Whitney. She is infinitely snarkable and she does put her name and face on a platform so that opens her up to some scrutiny. But I really do think that obesity is more symptomatic of her larger issues and not the main issue itself. She could lose a massive amount of weight and not necessarily be any healthier and certainly not any happier.

I’m sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope she is recovering, anorexia is a very difficult thing to wrangle. I was anorexic so I understand and, yes, there are many causes. It often just manifests a certain way when deep inside there are other issues.

And you’re correct, it’s not as visible as people who are obese. By the time everyone notices you’re too thin, the eating disorder has had you in its clutches for a loooong time. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3

The Instagram image of her in France wearing nothing but leggings and a sports bra? Jesus God, Whitney, like we don't have enough problems with what the rest of the world thinks of us...

I think some of these reality stars have backed themselves into a corner. When your image and livelihood is based upon something physical then it's hard to change that. I see lots of chronic illness influencers who do this.  My VEDS is incurable and will eventually kill me, but in the meantime there ARE some surgeries and treatments that can give me a better quality of life. I've had them. Some influencers refuse to get them, though, because they're afraid that they'll no longer be "special." I see this in my support groups.

Whitney's brand is being fat and fabulous-losing weight is her admitting that she is NOT fabulous. She has to stay fat and keep faking the Instagram shit or else she'll have to admit to others and herself that her life kinda sucks. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

The Instagram image of her in France wearing nothing but leggings and a sports bra? Jesus God, Whitney, like we don't have enough problems with what the rest of the world thinks of us...

I think some of these reality stars have backed themselves into a corner. When your image and livelihood is based upon something physical then it's hard to change that. I see lots of chronic illness influencers who do this.  My VEDS is incurable and will eventually kill me, but in the meantime there ARE some surgeries and treatments that can give me a better quality of life. I've had them. Some influencers refuse to get them, though, because they're afraid that they'll no longer be "special." I see this in my support groups.

Whitney's brand is being fat and fabulous-losing weight is her admitting that she is NOT fabulous. She has to stay fat and keep faking the Instagram shit or else she'll have to admit to others and herself that her life kinda sucks. 

Do you mean this? 

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 20-44-17 Whitney Way Thore⚡️ ( whitneywaythore) is on Instagram.png

• Love 1
3 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yep, that'd be the one. 

Holy Crap Whitney. We get it. You are comfortable with your body. That's amazing and I really truly admire that. But FFS, put on a shirt. A longer tunic will cover your fupa and you'll look so much better. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, jacksgirl said:

Holy Crap Whitney. We get it. You are comfortable with your body. That's amazing and I really truly admire that. But FFS, put on a shirt. A longer tunic will cover your fupa and you'll look so much better. 

I would be embarrassed to walk beside  her wearing that get up.🤢

• Love 6

Time and place! Even disregarding her weight, there is a time and place to wear leggings and a sports bra without a shirt and walking around city streets unless you are training for a marathon is not it! In Europe, you almost never see Europeans in athletic wear except going to and from the gym or jogging in the streets. Not for walking around or running errands. Sure, I wear leggings when out doing quick errands like shopping, but always with a shirt and never just in a sports bra (even if I might give up a shirt if I'm on a jog and it's hot out).

Gods, she is such an embarrassment!  

• Love 12