Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E09: An Officer and a Gentlewoman

• Start Topic

Flirtatious Nicole vows that she can hook up with both Cara Maria and Laurel, but her plans go awry. The pranksters are revealed causing all hell to break loose between the girls on each team.

Damn you MTV for making me wait until next week to see who wins! I really want Darrell to beat Johnny, not just because I dislike Johnny, but also because Darrell has been gone for so long and I love how hungry he is to win. He's just awesome and it's nice to see how much he loves his kids.

I wish it wasn't Laurel vs Cara. They're both my favorites, but I would love to see Cara win. However, I think Laurel will have the upper hand based on the height difference. Cara is pretty strong so I don't underestimate her, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This episode was probably the first time I actually enjoyed the "Camilanator." Camila and Amanda's whole fight was funny and entertaining because of the cheap shots. 

Shane's actually a smart guy. He did what he needed to do to help his team win and brought down all of the Champs guys. 

I could care less about the love triangle honestly. 

• Love 7

In that entire drunken mess at the beginning, as much as it pains me to say it, I was on Amanda's side because from what we saw, Laurel just would not shut the fuck up about it and kept it going long after Amanda was over it.  

Camila, when you win, you don't get the right to say someone else should get over it.  Give her a second to be pissed about losing, yes she was irritated at you but that is natural.  Your complete overreaction shows that you felt like you had something to feel guilty about.

CT you are marvelous.  Thank you Shane for almost choking him and keeping him out of the elimination.

It's still true again, some more, that this format is lacking.

• Love 4

*sigh* I'm a bit disappointed in Nicole. Cara Maria doesn't swing that way. And if she did, she might still be into the Dom thing. That would explain her relationship with Abram, because I wouldn't be that surprised if he had a submissive side. Exhibit A: He went out with Coral. I heard Nicole got a lot of "play" that didn't make the final cut, but I would hope she pursues Laurel. Also, if Cara and Nicole hooked up, the Oasis wouldn't collapse. With the Killbot, that possibility would be in play.

Sucks that Ms. Brazil Crazypants avoided the Fortress. I wanted her to get penalized and for Laurel to dispatch her with relative ease. To be honest, I think the odds are better for Cara Maria now, because Killbot is showing emotion. She's completed all four Challenges. That pretty rare.

The format sucks because Shane would get no reprisal for targeting CT and Johnny, in an effort to keep Darrell in the game. But then CT wins by a foot, and the Battle Of The Dads is postponed. Now Johnny has to face a strong guy head-on, and I'm loving the results so far. Even better, this is a throwback to the Inferno II endgame where Abram beat Brad, then got into it with Darrell.

If Johnny's friend back home is reading this: I want you to beat cancer. I want you to live a long, healthy life. It's just that Johnny is the entire toolshed, and he has to go. Come on, look at his banana hat. So played out. He done milked that cow to death. And if he winds up winning, that's just going to guarantee Sarah tries to harm him. I'd love to see that, but I wouldn't want her doing time for it.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

If Johnny's friend back home is reading this: I want you to beat cancer.

I thought he said that person already passed.

I can't stand Johnny.  I want to see him gone.  He may have "played the game" and taken all the money last time but he is a loser as a sportsman.  How could anyone trust him again.  I played sports from a young age well into my mid 20s and would never do that to even my worst enemy.  

The whole hazing thing is bullshit.  Shouldn't be allowed.  How old is he now?  45?  He really has something lacking in his life.

CT has changed so much and I really like him.  Even at his worst he had a heart.  I too hope Darrell wins.

The whole girl thing?  Who cares?

The victims of the prank have a right not to like it.

I think Laurel and Camilla were drunk so they were insistent that Amanda had to take it.

CT to Bananas "are you serious" when Bananas was accusing someone else of stirring shit up.

They did all this buildup about how the Champions were going to invade and put the underdogs in their place.

But they're knocking each other off and the eliminations are the most suspenseful or competitive challenges.

The underdogs vs. champions for banking the money haven't been as competitive.

Are they going to have a Final Challenge with first, second and third place?

Or you don't get the banked money unless you win the final challenge?  Neither team is going to reach $100k so how much is the total pot going to be?

The love triangle is so meh. I really don't care. I'm just wondering why either would wanna hook up with Nicole cause I find her so annoying.

CT telling Johnny that all he does is stir the pot was awesome. I love CT. He needs to win.

Johnny as a banana at the costume party was so lame. Get a new thing dude we get it you're Johnny Bananas. I really hope Darrell wins. Knowing this show tho they will find some stupid way for Johnny to some how get back on the show.

Cory and Nelson showboating really annoyed me. It was a pathetic win.

I don't like Laurel so I hope Cara wins. 

Camilla going crazy made me embarrassed for her. How old are you chick? I've been pretty crazy but after a while you just grow out of it.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I thought he said that person already passed.

He said he met her at a fundraiser for Diem, who has passed.  The person he mentioned is still living, I believe.

Count me in as not caring one bit about the Cara Maria/Nicole/Laurel triangle, too.

Edited by Decider
  • Love 2

I too, was on Amanda's side over the prank.  Was she overreacting at first?  Sure... especially compared to some of the heinous pranks played in the past.  That said, you could tell Laurel was drunk when she went back into Amanda's room, and mean girl Laurel was coming out.  Amanda had let it go...why can't you?  Just because YOU think something is funny doesn't necessarily mean that it is.  I just don't like Laurel very much.

Camilla needs to be institutionalized.  Such an attention whore...so exhausting.  I'm over her.  I do have to give her credit for wrapping herself up in the ropes (sans having it around her neck...that was idiotic).  She knew she wouldn't outlast Cara by just hanging on, so she did what it took to win.  I actually thought Cara was being too butthurt over the whole thing.  But...it's Cara.  She loves to play the victim. 

I like Jenna more and more each episode.  She might just be my favorite female competitor of all time.  She's good at challenges, she doesn't start drama, and overall she seems very kind.  I liked how she was trying to talk sense into Nicole.  Jenna just needs to start making better choices in men and she'd literally be the best ever, IMO.

I'd boob cheers to a Darryl/Cara victory. 

• Love 8

Thing 1: I'm just confused and exasperated by the format of the show. I thought the premise was going to be the champs vs the underdogs, but they never compete head to head.  They brought in the champs with less people than the underdogs and I thought that was the handicap.  But it hasn't played out like that at all.  The champs were unfairly hurt by having less people in their first week where they dunked the balls.  Then each week it's been an issue.  And alternating weeks for eliminations, obviously there'll be no champs left soon.  I thought for sure they'd switch something up by now.  I really wanted to see the champs come in and demolish these loudmouths (I like Jenna, Shane, maybe one or two more but on the whole, ew..) but they never have the opportunity.  So frustrating.

Thing 2: Nicole is gross to me.  I cannot see how someone who was never interested in girls would suddenly have her heart, mind, curiosity, whatever it is,  changed by her.  I realize it's a matter of taste, but I find her so unappealing in every way.  She is not physically attractive at all.  Her egotism and bravado is obnoxious and must be a put on, because she has nothing legit to back it up, as far as I can tell. And her voice, oh lord....my husband is from Staten Island, my friends, my neighbors,  I know a thousand people from Staten Island, not one sounds like her.  Where did she pick up that accent from? She's repulsive to me.  She's just such a phony.  I can't believe Laurel's head can be turned around by Nicole, of all people.  I must be missing something she sees in her.  Laurel, you can do so much better, come on girl. 

• Love 10

Rbonnie, I agree. Nicole is not exactly who I'd like to test those waters with, but to each his own. She's especially unattractive when she's all those things you mentioned AND in a bikini.

• Love 2

Am I remembering correctly that she actually said that she was going to turn one of the girls into a lesbian?  That is just as offensive as, say, John saying he was going to flirt with Nicole and turn her straight.  Fuck on outta here with that.

• Love 11
59 minutes ago, Rbonnie said:

Thing 1: I'm just confused and exasperated by the format of the show. I thought the premise was going to be the champs vs the underdogs, but they never compete head to head.  They brought in the champs with less people than the underdogs and I thought that was the handicap.  But it hasn't played out like that at all.  The champs were unfairly hurt by having less people in their first week where they dunked the balls.  Then each week it's been an issue.  And alternating weeks for eliminations, obviously there'll be no champs left soon.  I thought for sure they'd switch something up by now.  I really wanted to see the champs come in and demolish these loudmouths (I like Jenna, Shane, maybe one or two more but on the whole, ew..) but they never have the opportunity.  So frustrating.

I also continue to be annoyed by this.  Thank you Shane for at least thinking strategically and making the challenge somewhat head to head.  When he dove across that platform and tackled all 3 of them at once, I was cheering.  It was so badass!  Imagine how awesome that elimination challenge would be if Corey had to go against Darrell.  That would be the ultimate proving yourself and that you should be a champion.  It's still a great match up with Darrell vs John, but they shouldn't have to compete against each other under this theme/premise.  So stupid.

Shane to Camilla during the fight, so nonchalantly: "Stop using her to get more screen time."  LMAO.

• Love 5

I will always love CT for telling Johnny "that's ALL you do!" about instigating crap.  But I was so surprised that Johnny then just stared at him uncomprehendingly.  Does he really not know he does that?  

If it wasn't an insult to cats, I'd liken his always being there either instigating or at least reveling in the drama with a big shit-eating grin on his face to when two of my cats have a spat, or the alley cats start yelling at each other, and whichever of my cats is not involved has to run and watch all schadenfreudishly.    Sure, a lot of the cast members watch from the sidelines and derive amusement, but somehow John always runs right to the middle.  He's always like about 3 feet away when the security is holding people apart or whatever.  Laughing.

Laurel's makeup was pretty effective.  Did she have the fake blood in a TSA-sized bottle, or was it in her checked bag?  Or is that a big seller in Thailand near the bars?  She's a weird drunk.  Yeah, it's so urgent to convince someone something IS funny when they say it is NOT funny.  

Yeah, go ahead, ladies, wash off your fake blood and makeup in a swimming pool that does not belong to you.  Classy.  (I mean I know it has chlorine and stuff in it, but still!)

I am so tired of the challenges when they fall into the water from a great height; even alone, they sometimes get hurt smacking the water in the wrong way.  I thought it was bad last week when there were pairs in a row on that hamster wheel thing, because they could possibly fall on each other, even though they were spread out a little bit.  This one was practically guaranteed to have them fall on top of each other.  What if someone got hit the wrong way by someone else's foot and took in a bunch of water or something?  

(Although if they had to fall in a clump, glad CT was higher up in the clump....).

• Love 2

Am I remembering correctly that she actually said that she was going to turn one of the girls into a lesbian?  That is just as offensive as, say, John saying he was going to flirt with Nicole and turn her straight.  Fuck on outta here with that.

THIS. THANK YOU. I find it really offensive that Nicole brags/showboats about possibly "turning" girls and making it a challenge/conquest. I'm all for owning your sexuality, and if these girls are interested in Nicole (the way Laurel seems to be), then they will show her that and respond to her advances without Nicole being as aggressive and disrespectful to boundaries as she appears to be.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Jobiska said:

I will always love CT for telling Johnny "that's ALL you do!" about instigating crap.  But I was so surprised that Johnny then just stared at him uncomprehendingly.  Does he really not know he does that?  

I am so tired of the challenges when they fall into the water from a great height; even alone, they sometimes get hurt smacking the water in the wrong way.  I thought it was bad last week when there were pairs in a row on that hamster wheel thing, because they could possibly fall on each other, even though they were spread out a little bit.  This one was practically guaranteed to have them fall on top of each other.  What if someone got hit the wrong way by someone else's foot and took in a bunch of water or something?  

(Although if they had to fall in a clump, glad CT was higher up in the clump....).

CT's laugh...pause..."are you serious?" was PRICELESS.

When Cory fell just after Nelson I was so nervous that one or both of them was going to get hurt.  There didn't seem to be any sort of safeguard that we saw to prevent that from happening.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Rbonnie said:

And her voice, oh lord....my husband is from Staten Island, my friends, my neighbors,  I know a thousand people from Staten Island, not one sounds like her.  Where did she pick up that accent from? She's repulsive to me.  She's just such a phony.  

She's also a triplet, and there was footage of her during her RW season with her sisters, and even they don't have as obnoxious an accent as Nicole. 

2 hours ago, sekay87 said:

THIS. THANK YOU. I find it really offensive that Nicole brags/showboats about possibly "turning" girls and making it a challenge/conquest. I'm all for owning your sexuality, and if these girls are interested in Nicole (the way Laurel seems to be), then they will show her that and respond to her advances without Nicole being as aggressive and disrespectful to boundaries as she appears to be.

Nicole's aggressiveness really makes me uncomfortable, just as a viewer. She is way too pushy. It just makes me cringe. Horrible.

• Love 3

The thing about the love triangle is that Cara Maria's not into Nicole at all. Nicole has been very pushy towards hooking up with Cara and she hasn't reciprocated, at least not according to what we've seen. Cara's response to Nicole's "I want you" did end up being "That's nice, thank you" lol.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Jobiska said:

The most subtle part of that scene was the actual crickets chirping in the background during Johnny's blank stare at CT. The editors didn't even need to overlay a sound effect. It was just so perfect. CT is pretty much my favorite this season. 

And where in Sam Hill were the producer & security hiding that they were able to get in between Laurel and Amanda so quickly? 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, mojoween said:

When Cory fell just after Nelson I was so nervous that one or both of them was going to get hurt.  There didn't seem to be any sort of safeguard that we saw to prevent that from happening.

Yes, I thought the same thing. Not only that but I seriously wondered if Camila had been stupid enough to get that rope wrapped around her neck and the plank went vertical how would they have gotten to her if it started to choke her? It made me very nervous to think about. 

• Love 1

The only way I can stomach Darrell losing this one, is if the next champ elimination is a redo of the bananas backpack. 

Am I the only who heard Laurel try to justify her pranks because she was "hazed" in varsity volleyball? That was 10 years ago. Let.it.go.

• Love 1

I like Jenna, but girl has no room to give anyone else relationship advice.

I hate Amanda and Ashley, so I was thoroughly entertained with Camila and Laurel going off on Amanda. I know this an unpopular opinion, but I love Laurel. She can do so much better than Nicole.

On a shallow note: I noticed CT's dad gut, and was very disappointed.

Count me in with the people who hate this format. It should definitely be that challengers have to face champions in eliminations. This feels so unsatisfying. 

Edited by Zima
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Zima said:

Agree ten thousand percent 

5 hours ago, Zima said:

I hate Amanda and Ashley, so I was thoroughly entertained with Camila and Laurel going off on Amanda. I know this an unpopular opinion, but I love Laurel. She can do so much better than Nicole.

Agree ten thousand percent 

5 hours ago, Zima said:

Watch what you say about my boyfriend!

5 hours ago, Zima said:

Count me in with the people who hate this format. It should definitely be that challengers have to face challengers in eliminations. This feels so unsatisfying. 

Agree fifty thousand percent 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, sabretooth said:

The most subtle part of that scene was the actual crickets chirping in the background during Johnny's blank stare at CT. The editors didn't even need to overlay a sound effect. It was just so perfect. CT is pretty much my favorite this season. 

And where in Sam Hill were the producer & security hiding that they were able to get in between Laurel and Amanda so quickly? 

I noticed the crickets too and cracked up! I rewound it twice just to see CT's "are you serious?" to Johnny. CT has been the best part of this season.

14 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

She's also a triplet, and there was footage of her during her RW season with her sisters, and even they don't have as obnoxious an accent as Nicole. 

Nicole's aggressiveness really makes me uncomfortable, just as a viewer. She is way too pushy. It just makes me cringe. Horrible.

Completely agree with this she's been very pushy, especially towards Cara. I do not enjoy watching or listening to her.

Was anyone else extremely creeped out during Laurel's walk through the house covered in blood?

• Love 3
  19 hours ago, sabretooth said:

I noticed the crickets too and cracked up! I rewound it twice just to see CT's "are you serious?" to Johnny. CT has been the best part of this season.

20 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Completely agree with this she's been very pushy, especially towards Cara. I do not enjoy watching or listening to her.

Was anyone else extremely creeped out during Laurel's walk through the house covered in blood?

Agree about Nicole's aggressiveness. It has nothing to do with her being a woman either-I find it creepy when men are this pushy and aggressive towards people they want to hook up with as well. It's a sign of disrespect and a disregard to the other person's comfort level and boundaries. The episode where the champs moved into the house and Nicole pushed herself on Cara and offered her a spot in her bed made me cringe. Cara's discomfort was emanating off of her and Nicole was not getting it. I don't know--she just irked me from that point on. It's too bad because she's a great competitor and I have a feeling she's going to be a recurring cast member on this mess.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Haha! I actually thought she looked really awesome and even more attractive than usual. But I'm a creep. :p

Yeah if Nicole was a dude, her aggressiveness would be taken more seriously. But woman or not, it's disturbing that I could totally see her ignoring "no" in terms of going further. I hope she's just exaggerating her behavior. 

It's like, dudette, she's not saying no to play hard to get and that's not flirting. 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 4
On 3/28/2017 at 9:13 PM, Steph619 said:

Damn you MTV for making me wait until next week to see who wins! I really want Darrell to beat Johnny, not just because I dislike Johnny, but also because Darrell has been gone for so long and I love how hungry he is to win. He's just awesome and it's nice to see how much he loves his kids.

I wish it wasn't Laurel vs Cara. They're both my favorites, but I would love to see Cara win. However, I think Laurel will have the upper hand based on the height difference. Cara is pretty strong so I don't underestimate her, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This episode was probably the first time I actually enjoyed the "Camilanator." Camila and Amanda's whole fight was funny and entertaining because of the cheap shots. 

Shane's actually a smart guy. He did what he needed to do to help his team win and brought down all of the Champs guys. 

I could care less about the love triangle honestly. 

I agree that love triangle was stupid.

7 hours ago, sekay87 said:

Agree about Nicole's aggressiveness. It has nothing to do with her being a woman either-I find it creepy when men are this pushy and aggressive towards people they want to hook up with as well. It's a sign of disrespect and a disregard to the other person's comfort level and boundaries. The episode where the champs moved into the house and Nicole pushed herself on Cara and offered her a spot in her bed made me cringe. Cara's discomfort was emanating off of her and Nicole was not getting it. I don't know--she just irked me from that point on. It's too bad because she's a great competitor and I have a feeling she's going to be a recurring cast member on this mess.

It's no wonder her girlfriend back home left her. lol.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Zima said:

Count me in with the people who hate this format. It should definitely be that challengers have to face champions in eliminations. This feels so unsatisfying. 

Yeah, I'm not liking this formate where the Champions have to eliminate each other. though I can't wait to see Bananas get eliminated by Darrell and Laurel get beat by Cara Maria. :)

• Love 1
On Wednesday, March 29, 2017 at 4:09 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I didn't know she's a triplet.  That explains so much.  

• Love 1

There was talk of the camera work in the The Amazing Race thread and it reminded me that I have no idea what John was bitching about when he did his Facebook live video with his cameraman in the shot behind him.

The cameras are there all the time, are they not?  So just because you are (I hope) heading to an elimination to get your ass smoked by Darrell I don't see what the difference is.

I mean, obviously as a viewer I don't know all the logistics, but he's done 4,537 challenges so why NOW is the cameraman annoying?

• Love 3

Does Laurel live in a cave, or think it is 1980?! Pretty odd that she seems so out of touch with homosexuality. As if she would be socially ostracized if she experimented with a girl.... 

Johnny looked especially serious at the end of the episode and not because he was worried about going up against Darrell- he is all bout that money, but wanted to leave to go to Evan's wedding. What to do, what to dooo?!?! ?

Amanda is kind of annoying but she was right- are these grown ass adults perpetual college pranksters?! So stupid...

Unpopular opinion, but I'm happy that for ONCE the underdogs had a strategy to knock out the champs (thanks Shane!) and not have to be in the position to kiss their ass and beg to be in their alliance. I am over the champions and completely over Bananas. With that being said, team Darell!! 

Amanda had every right to be annoyed - no one has the right to haze anyone. Period.

CT is gold.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Does Laurel live in a cave, or think it is 1980?! Pretty odd that she seems so out of touch with homosexuality. As if she would be socially ostracized if she experimented with a girl.... 

She mentioned a conservative father, so it sounds like that was what Laurel was more concerned about at that time.

• Love 1

Yeah I gather she comes from a pretty conservative family and probably town in Wisconsin.  I can imagine that there is probably a lot of societal and familial pressure to be heterosexual in that case.  I think she has made out with girls before even on the challenge, with Evelyn I think but a drunken public kiss is probably considered much different than actually having feelings and being in a potential relationship with someone of the same gender to those small town folks.

I read somewhere that Amanda (the girl with freckles?) actually hit Camilla, which is why Camilla kept yelling bye and telling her she was going home. She was also drunk so there's that. Wonder why they kept that part out.

Shane finally got his revenge on CT for that milk and cookies challenge. Annoyed that Shane didn't get more credit for his strategy.

Despite productions claim that they don't allow hitting, they clearly do in some cases and will overlook it or not even make mention of it to keep a story line going.  Remember during Rivals 2 in the previews they showed CT slamming I think it was Ty's head into a table or something but it was never in any of the episodes and they never referred to it again?

He didn't really get revenge since CT ended up winning the challenge anyway and was not sent home unlike Shane during that cookie elimination.