Type keyword(s) to search

Tinsley Mortimer: Former High Society "IT Girl"

• Start Topic

Bringing this over from the divorce thread, because I love our mods, and I want them to love me too...

TO quote Dorinda, "there are pictures."  Tinsley has a photographic history of her abuse. 

I don't necessarily think the claim that Tinsley might not be being 100% honest about all that went down, or is sharing all the details, is saying that folks don't believe she was abused. It seems like there is a lot of evidence that she was and I haven't heard anyone claim otherwise (I feel like I need to add this almost as a disclaimer to all my Tinsley posts).  

• Love 3

Dale didn't file charges because of her daughter, the publicity, maybe her own embarrassment, and going up against a high powered family.  Add, that Tinsley probably didn't want her to either.  DV is such a dirty little secret that too many people don't want to talk about and then there's the tisk tisk that the victim is at fault.  It's truly screwed up.

• Love 11
14 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

19624771_124430114825331_413264441441150

I wonder who's private jet this is? Apparently she took it to Spain right along with Carole and Adam and whoever else---maybe Tinsley has found herself a nice new rich boyfriend?

Speaking of rich boyfriends, she and Thomas Ravanel from "Southern Charm" should totally hook up. He's also loaded with family money/connections, he's also been a public disgrace to his family thanks to a mugshot((and a felony charge, no less)) and he also loves to drink himself silly. There's so much baggage between those two that they'd strike Samsonite gold together---T-Rav, give Tins a call sometime!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I wonder who's private jet this is? Apparently she took it to Spain right along with Carole and Adam and whoever else---maybe Tinsley has found herself a nice new rich boyfriend?

Speaking of rich boyfriends, she and Thomas Ravanel from "Southern Charm" should totally hook up. He's also loaded with family money/connections, he's also been a public disgrace to his family thanks to a mugshot((and a felony charge, no less)) and he also loves to drink himself silly. There's so much baggage between those two that they'd strike Samsonite gold together---T-Rav, give Tins a call sometime!

It sounds like she has a nice new boyfriend. We will get to meet him next week. Carole sets them up and we see it on the show. They are apparently still dating. He is very rich, and very self-made. He is from Chicago. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/05/30/tinsley-mortimer-new-boyfriend-scott-kluth/

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sun-Bun said:

I'm going to ignore her arrest because it was all part of a very dysfunctional abusive relationship. An arrest because her billionaire ex-boyfriend beat the crap out of her and manipulated her into violating the restraining order against her is very different than Thomas' arrests for cocaine possession and distribution and a DUI. Plus he has two kids from his off and on relationship with unstable and immature Kathryn. Though they both have arrests, they are not in the same league. Tinsley is from an upper middle class family. Topper's family is very wealthy and connected in a way that surpasses Thomas'. Even Nico Fanjul's family wealth and influence surpasses Thomas'. Tinsley is out of Thomas' league.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I'm going to ignore her arrest because it was all part of a very dysfunctional abusive relationship. An arrest because her billionaire ex-boyfriend beat the crap out of her and manipulated her into violating the restraining order against her is very different than Thomas' arrests for cocaine possession and distribution and a DUI. Plus he has two kids from his off and on relationship with unstable and immature Kathryn. Though they both have arrests, they are not in the same league. Tinsley is from an upper middle class family. Topper's family is very wealthy and connected in a way that surpasses Thomas'. Even Nico Fanjul's family wealth and influence surpasses Thomas'. Tinsley is out of Thomas' league.

You're right. I'll bet they'd be unintentionally hilarious on a date together though. Whitney from SC would likely be a better match for her. They both love dogs and fashion and his fabulous society maven mother Patricia would adore her!

But that's nice that she seems to be so happy with her latest rich fellow. Hopefully he treats her well and makes her happy. 

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

It sounds like she has a nice new boyfriend. We will get to meet him next week. Carole sets them up and we see it on the show. They are apparently still dating. He is very rich, and very self-made. He is from Chicago. 

http://www.realitytea.com/2017/05/30/tinsley-mortimer-new-boyfriend-scott-kluth/

Although Tinsley balked at Carole's other set-ups, I think Carole sensed that Tinsley probably needed more of a Harry Goldenblatt than another Trey MacDougal.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Although Tinsley balked at Carole's other set-ups, I think Carole sensed that Tinsley probably needed more of a Harry Goldenblatt than another Trey MacDougal.

Excellent analogy.  I wonder how Carole knows the guy?

• Love 5
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Well the article says he's an avid collector of Kennedy memorabilia, maybe he tried to collect her.

Bwahahah!

Seeing the "Southern Charm" references, it makes me think of Shep's ex Danni who is engaged. He's not a flashy, stunning guy, but these women have learned to value quality. Shep (So Charm) and Nico Fanjul, et al, are empty calories and no nutrition. 

• Love 5

http://pagesix.com/2016/04/16/the-tragic-downfall-of-new-yorks-hottest-socialite/

He and Mortimer started seeing each other in December 2012. But Fanjul kept the relationship clandestine and mainly confined to after-hours hookups.

In December 2012, they embarked on an often-secretive relationship, which only ended earlier this month, according to a source. The two stuck to dates at less sceney restaurants in West Palm Beach so as to not be spotted by his disapproving family, who allegedly thought Mortimer was too old and not good enough for Fanjul, and her friends, who had heard of their altercations and wanted her to cut ties.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Atlanta said:

Don't think this has been posted, but you can watch High Society here 

Wow. I really hated all those people. Dabney seemed nice, but then I found out her BFF was a racist, homophobic, anti-Semite. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Atlanta said:

on't think this has been posted, but you can watch High Society here

So this was 7 years ago.  She has the same hair style.  She is wearing the same dress style.  And she is all nervous about moving to midtown from UES for the first time in 15 years.

This is her story line for RHONYC.  She's not very original.

• Love 6

RedHead, I only saw two eps, but doesn't Dabney realize how horrible Jules is and kick her out? Dabney seems way too sweet to be hanging with the likes of her and even tried to get her to apologize to the hotel. She's horrid!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

RedHead, I only saw two eps, but doesn't Dabney realize how horrible Jules is and kick her out? Dabney seems way too sweet to be hanging with the likes of her and even tried to get her to apologize to the hotel. She's horrid!

Dabney doesn't kick her out the hotel kicks her out.

I posted early on that I hope Dabney makes an appearance on NY.

Tinsley's handbag line was a bit of BS. She launched her line in 2006 when she was still married to Topper and partnered with Samantha...Thavv only a few maybe 4 styles. Her bag line did okay in Japan while she was married to Topper. Once they separated, the bag line tanked

• Love 4

This forum has been locked until Midnight US Eastern.

Over the past few weeks, there has been a large increase in sniping among posters in this forum, and many reports. We have locked the forum to give everyone a chance to read and absorb the following guidelines:

1. Snark the show, not your fellow posters.

2. It is perfectly fine for someone to have an opinion that's different than yours.

3. A differing opinion should not be a catalyst for vehement disagreement and endless back and forth. State your opinion once, and move on. You can agree to disagree by simply not posting on the subject further.

4. Stop stating opinions and speculation as fact. We rarely know for sure what's going on behind the scenes. Speculation is encouraged, but saying "I think", "in my opinion" or "it's possible that" helps keep things from escalating. 

5. If someone's posts annoy you, use the Ignore feature. If someone really crosses a line, report, but do not engage. 

6. Don't discuss mod actions in the thread. Please PM us if you have a question or concern - @Lisin, @OnceSane, @Mya Stone, @Aethera.

7. This is supposed to be fun. If it's not fun for you, consider changing your approach.

Failure to follow these rules may lead to suspension or banning from the site.

On 7/10/2017 at 11:14 AM, KungFuBunny said:

Dabney doesn't kick her out the hotel kicks her out.

I posted early on that I hope Dabney makes an appearance on NY.

Tinsley's handbag line was a bit of BS. She launched her line in 2006 when she was still married to Topper and partnered with Samantha...Thavv only a few maybe 4 styles. Her bag line did okay in Japan while she was married to Topper. Once they separated, the bag line tanked

Dabney can kick her of her suite if she's paying for it. I remember reading that Jules was given the heave-ho. 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Atlanta said:

Dabney can kick her of her suite if she's paying for it. I remember reading that Jules was given the heave-ho. 

They were sharing the 2 bedroom suite. Management kicked the friend out for something they saw happen on video. The friend said it was her and she tried to imply that it was Dabney

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/9/2017 at 8:51 PM, QuinnM said:

So this was 7 years ago.  She has the same hair style.  She is wearing the same dress style.  And she is all nervous about moving to midtown from UES for the first time in 15 years.

This is her story line for RHONYC.  She's not very original.

It really is fascinating to watch those old HS episodes again, isn't it? Campy post-recession Manhattan social arrogance at its worst! Funny how that "socials" scene and gossiping about those types of shameless NYC climbers isn't really even a thing anymore after its '05-'14 online/print heyday---I'm still slightly nostalgic for that era.

Tinsley hasn't *remotely* evolved since then---I didn't even notice so much until I rewatched these episodes once again. Even with her current PTSD suffering due to dealing with her recent arrest/abuse/fall from grace, it's just a variation of the same "Poor Tinsley the victim" theme from this show highlighting her suffering from her recent separation and struggling to rebuild herself socially/mentally. She looks the same, dresses the same and acts the same: still smooching on random younger men, still whining about her recent struggles, still spinning her social wheels while shopping/partying her cares away....although at least she secured herself that fabulous loft apartment in Midtown/Chelsea back then---I still intensely covet that place, antiques and all. I'm guessing it was only a 1-2 year lease or so since she left to move down to Florida not too much longer after that. Still beats living in a hotel or living in Sonia's daughter's bedroom; and what about Tinsley's multiple chihuahuas? Where are they staying these days??

I still like her and all, but Tinsley really could stand to freshen things up and try on a new style and attitude already.

Say what you will about the other women on RHofNYC, but they've all definitely evolved in a variety of ways in the past 7-8 seasons.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

It really is fascinating to watch those old HS episodes again, isn't it? Campy post-recession Manhattan social arrogance at its worst! Funny how that "socials" scene and gossiping about those types of shameless NYC climbers isn't really even a thing anymore after its '05-'14 online/print heyday---I'm still slightly nostalgic for that era.

Tinsley hasn't *remotely* evolved since then---I didn't even notice so much until I rewatched these episodes once again. Even with her current PTSD suffering due to dealing with her recent arrest/abuse/fall from grace, it's just a variation of the same "Poor Tinsley the victim" theme from this show highlighting her suffering from her recent separation and struggling to rebuild herself socially/mentally. She looks the same, dresses the same and acts the same: still smooching on random younger men, still whining about her recent struggles, still spinning her social wheels while shopping/partying her cares away....although at least she secured herself that fabulous loft apartment in Midtown/Chelsea back then---I still intensely covet that place, antiques and all. I'm guessing it was only a 1-2 year lease or so since she left to move down to Florida not too much longer after that. Still beats living in a hotel or living in Sonia's daughter's bedroom; and what about Tinsley's multiple chihuahuas? Where are they staying these days??

I still like her and all, but Tinsley really could stand to freshen things up and try on a new style and attitude already.

Say what you will about the other women on RHofNYC, but they've all definitely evolved in a variety of ways in the past 7-8 seasons.

Totally agree - Tinsley is stuck in a time warp at age 26. I don't know if she is trying to re-capture or re-live her past.

The only thing Tinsley is going to freshen up is her drink.

c.gif?resize=500,281

• Love 10
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Totally agree - Tinsley is stuck in a time warp at age 26. I don't know if she is trying to re-capture or re-live her past.

The only thing Tinsley is going to freshen up is her drink.

c.gif?resize=500,281

That priceless gif: thanks for that, @KungFuBunny!!  

Some people tend to never evolve past their self-perceived era of greatness, or when they were truly their happiest/most successful. See also Sonja Morgan---it's very ironic that Tinsley was living with Sonja, especially given that Sonja is probably the least evolved overall of all the other ladies and they both have had similar social trajectories. Those two really are living the "Gray Gardens"/"Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" dream right before our very eyes.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Sun-Bun said:

That priceless gif: thanks for that, @KungFuBunny!!  

Some people tend to never evolve past their self-perceived era of greatness, or when they were truly their happiest/most successful. See also Sonja Morgan---it's very ironic that Tinsley was living with Sonja, especially given that Sonja is probably the least evolved overall of all the other ladies and they both have had similar social trajectories. Those two really are living the "Gray Gardens"/"Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" dream right before our very eyes.

Right back acha Sun-Bun - you make me LOL all the time

8f74a2bd-e65e-4786-8ce9-53f2ef16af07.gif

• Love 8
(edited)
50 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Right back acha Sun-Bun - you make me LOL all the time

8f74a2bd-e65e-4786-8ce9-53f2ef16af07.gif

That dog is so cute I could die! You always have great pics. I love the cat and dog ones. :)

Edited by Darva6
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I just watched the first episode and noticed many things.  The horror of Tinsley's childhood home had nothing to do with the time. Tinsley's apartment was decorated in the same "wanna look like royalty" style by her mother, "the decorator".  

Tinsley's mom is beyond snobbish, and has no self-awareness of how she presents herself.  Like mother, like daughter.  

Wealthy people continue to show what poor parents they are, and why I will never be a social climber. 

Money can't buy class or happiness.  

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I just watched the first episode and noticed many things.  The horror of Tinsley's childhood home had nothing to do with the time. Tinsley's apartment was decorated in the same "wanna look like royalty" style by her mother, "the decorator".  

Tinsley's mom is beyond snobbish, and has no self-awareness of how she presents herself.  Like mother, like daughter.  

Wealthy people continue to show what poor parents they are, and why I will never be a social climber. 

I don't know that we can generalize about people with money and how they raise their children. Though I do think that when you have access to a lot of resources, you might assume that you or someone you have hired has addressed all of your concerns, potential pitfalls, and traps that your children might face.

I also wouldn't call Tinsley's family wealthy. They have money and are fairly secure financially. I always think that the difference between being rich and wealthy as you have to work extra hard to spend your money stupidly to end up poor if you started out wealthy. Examples would be Barbara Hutton, the Woolworth's heiress, and Huntington Hartford, the A&P heir.

If Tinsley really was wealthy, she wouldn't worry about trying to reenter the New York social scene. She'd write a couple of big checks and she'd be back. Drop a million or two on some charities and see what kind of idiot is too much a snob to exclude her from their next event.

• Love 8

I don't watch all the Housewife franchises, but people who are obscenely wealthy aren't going on these shows unless they have Hollywood ambitions. The 'regular' HW needs some cash. BH or OC may be the exception, but most of them are former actresses.

(edited)
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know that we can generalize about people with money and how they raise their children. Though I do think that when you have access to a lot of resources, you might assume that you or someone you have hired has addressed all of your concerns, potential pitfalls, and traps that your children might face.

I also wouldn't call Tinsley's family wealthy. They have money and are fairly secure financially. I always think that the difference between being rich and wealthy as you have to work extra hard to spend your money stupidly to end up poor if you started out wealthy. Examples would be Barbara Hutton, the Woolworth's heiress, and Huntington Hartford, the A&P heir.

If Tinsley really was wealthy, she wouldn't worry about trying to reenter the New York social scene. She'd write a couple of big checks and she'd be back. Drop a million or two on some charities and see what kind of idiot is too much a snob to exclude her from their next event.

Well, Mercer Pere contended it was Topper who married up and not the other way around. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Atlanta said:

I don't watch all the Housewife franchises, but people who are obscenely wealthy aren't going on these shows unless they have Hollywood ambitions. The 'regular' HW needs some cash. BH or OC may be the exception, but most of them are former actresses.

Beverly Hills is the exception because it had the wealthiest wives and no one could figure out why they were doing the show when it premiered. We now know that Kelsey was using the show to give Camille the housewife heave-ho. Adrienne was on to publicize all of the Maloof businesses; they're not doing as well as they used to, but they still have more than a billion dollars. LVP had many tens of millions, but she used the show to advertise her restaurants and create her own wine and spirits business.

OC had some pretty broke folks until Lydia, Heather, and Shannon.

33 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Well, Mercer Pere contended it was Topper who married up and not the other way around. 

Well, she's his daughter. Or he could be full of it. I don't know. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The wealthy good parents are the ones you will never hear about in public. 

• Love 6