Type keyword(s) to search

MSNBC

Lisin
  • Start Topic

On 9/21/2021 at 11:54 PM, Medicine Crow said:

Nicolle looked gorgeous today ... hair & make-up ... perfect!!!

I don't usually watch Nicolle's show but I tuned in today.  She looks like she's had some filling in her face to minimize the very prominent cheekbones she had, and it also looks like she had some eye work done.  Normally I'd say it was a mistake, but on her, she looks so much better (not that she looked bad before). 

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I don't usually watch Nicolle's show but I tuned in today.  She looks like she's had some filling in her face to minimize the very prominent cheekbones she had, and it also looks like she had some eye work done.  Normally I'd say it was a mistake, but on her, she looks so much better (not that she looked bad before). 

I noticed she had something done. She does look better.

• Love 4

There is a saying about football...."you live by the pass, you die by the pass" which means doing the same thing all the time until it does not work.  That is the way I feel sometimes about MSNBC.  To the point that other, major news stories do not get much coverage. 

I know that as a country, we are driven by politics and political maneuvers.  As has been mentioned above thread, the network is ill-prepared for a breaking, in-the-moment news story that does not involve politics.  The huge story today was Facebook and a couple of other social platforms being shut down.  For hours.  Yes, the network talked about it; but it seemed to take a second chair to what was happening with the disarray in the Democratic Party.  I know there are high stakes with this.  But when people cannot access Facebook, like it or not, that is a huge, huge story.  CNN managed to strike a balance - while also covering the oil spill in California.  The trouble is, once someone tunes to another channel for a news story; there is a chance they will not come back.

• Love 4

I was dumbfounded to learn during a news report tonight (either on CNN or PBS News) that a lot of people depend on Facebook to turn on their AC or heating, and lots of other stuff 😳 Really????  So, I hope Zuckerberg cleans up his act & his company, and kicks out the harmful misinformation that is helping to totally screw up our country. I can't believe some of the utter crap I'm hearing as excuses for not getting the vaccine--from grown-a$$ adults in my extended family.

• Love 7

Did anyone catch Nicole Wallace today when she said "bullshit" and it was not bleeped? It was towards the beginning of the first hour - and it was a totally appropriate response to the topic of discussion. Also, her hair looked great again today!

• Love 5

Uh-oh... there's competition for my attention during the week when Deadline: White House is on. They just started showing old Seinfeld episodes from 4:00-6:00 PM on the Comedy Channel. So, I guess on the days when I'm OTT sick & tired of the mess we're in that I feel I can't take it any more? Those will have to be the days I hang out with Jerry & the gang...well, maybe for one episode, just to restore my sanity. 

• Love 7
Just now, Kemper said:

There is no excuse for those spelling errors. Who is minding the store at this network?

All the networks have this problem!!!  I think it's because they give this job to inexperienced young people who can't spell or contextualize.  Just sayin'!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, freddi said:

Where has she been?  I missed that memo.  

I saw a tweet on her Twitter that said she was off on a 4 mo paid maternity leave. I knew she was pregnant but haven't watched MSNBC in a long time so never knew when she had the baby. After looking it up she gave birth in the middle of May so she's been gone longer than those original 4 mo.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, freddi said:

HUGE irony at this spelling error, given that Rachel Maddow is a Stanford University graduate.  Yikes, on her own show on Tuesday evening:

image.png.0c58c48438be73dc17b18bdbd17dc32d.png  

Another major gaffe I saw recently was when it was announced that John Hinckley, attempted assassin of President Reagan, would be released. The 40th President's name was spelled as "Regan". UGGGGGH!!!!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

I saw a tweet on her Twitter that said she was off on a 4 mo paid maternity leave. I knew she was pregnant but haven't watched MSNBC in a long time so never knew when she had the baby. After looking it up she gave birth in the middle of May so she's been gone longer than those original 4 mo.

Her husband, Tony, CBS Morning anchor, was also on Paternity leave.

• Useful 1
On 10/26/2021 at 8:43 PM, Kemper said:

Hire a teacher...maybe a retired teacher or two.  They would catch those spelling errors in a heartbeat; and would probably love to supplement their pensions!  Sad but true.

That's a great idea. Another great idea would be that anyone who puts up a spelling error and doesn't correct it within 30 seconds is fired.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Milburn Stone said:

That's a great idea. Another great idea would be that anyone who puts up a spelling error and doesn't correct it within 30 seconds is fired.

This post for the win!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Sheesh...there *has* to be a *bit* of time to quickly proof. It's just one sentence.

OMG.

It is something I've observed with things I write that it helps to look at something after it's up as well as before. Nothing focuses the mind like something already "made real"! That's if you bother to look at it, of course, which apparently no one in the control room is doing.

Edited as if to make the point.

Edited by Milburn Stone
  • Love 3

Seemingly (just my view) - the network doesn't care enough to have someone check what is actually up on the screen. Maybe thinking we won't notice or catch it.  Because apparently I am dumb; you are dumb; we is all dumb.😁 And we only care about political news.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, catlover79 said:

The graphics department does it again!!

20211102_062531.jpg

Agree!  And compared to all the MSNBC guests with designer kitchens and wood paneled libraries, Steve looks like he is in a hostage video.  

• LOL 12
4 hours ago, freddi said:

Agree!  And compared to all the MSNBC guests with designer kitchens and wood paneled libraries, Steve looks like he is in a hostage video.  

According to Rachel, Steve was in his apartment. I guess he's as minimalistic in home decor as he is in haute couture. 😉😂

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, freddi said:

Good grief...I wish this showing off of designer kitchens, libraries, strategically placed flower arrangements, etc., would end. Get your keisters back in the studios for interviews.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Maybe they're spending all their money on remodeling and don't have any leftover for proof readers. 

They don't even need one on site. They could make it open-source, where 500,000 enraged viewers could fix errors on the fly.

• LOL 6

I haven't been able to find the video yet, but I was watching Colin Powell's funeral on MSNBC.  Wintley Phipps was singing and the chyron read "Wintley Phipps Preforms "How Great Thou Art."   Someone needs to be fired ASAP.  I hope someone can find it.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I haven't been able to find the video yet, but I was watching Colin Powell's funeral on MSNBC.  Wintley Phipps was singing and the chyron read "Wintley Phipps Preforms "How Great Thou Art."   Someone needs to be fired ASAP.  I hope someone can find it.

There is no excuse for this sloppiness.  It's unprofessional for MSNBC to have so many errors.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Goodbye, Brian Williams.

Saw he was trending on Twitter, and am surprised at how sorry I am to see him go.  When he started the 11th Hour, I was very resistant to his stilted style, but the show and he have grown into a very reliable set of regular guests with an array of perspectives, and his opening panel always has A-list journalists.  Cranky as James Carville is, I always appreciated that Brian could channel Carville's energy into a perspective that pushed the edges, but tended to predict what would happen.   And Bill Kristol, whom I do not see on other shows.  And Michael Steele played off Brian so well.  Sigh.  

• Love 13

Brian Williams was able to walk the line between a bit of snark, genuine wit, gravitas, years of experience, and the ability to think-on-his-feet better than just about anyone on-air.  He will be missed; and difficult to replace.  

Jaded - yes, too bad it wasn't The Gold Dust Twins.   

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, HyeChaps said:

I'm wondering if there is some bombshell on the horizon and he is just getting out before it hits.

That occurred to me, also.   But I hope not.

He referred to "the shore" so many times this summer that I finally searched for his beach house where he spends weekends -- and if I had a house like that, ON.THE.BEACH, I would never leave it.  I hope he enjoys his next phase.  

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Kemper said:

Brian Williams was able to walk the line between a bit of snark, genuine wit, gravitas, years of experience, and the ability to think-on-his-feet better than just about anyone on-air.  He will be missed; and difficult to replace.  

And I would add, it's always seemed to me he gets the most out of his guests of any of the MSNBC crew. He knows the right people to get on and the right questions to ask them.

There were many times he irked by seeming altogether too pleased with himself, but all his exceptional qualities are undeniable, and maybe he's had a right!

• Love 5
16 hours ago, Jaded said:

I kind of wish it was Joe and Mika Scarborough saying adios instead.

Those two love hearing themselves babble on too much to *ever* quit. They'll have to be dragged out by their heels some day in the distant future.  I wonder who will get BW's hour. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, HyeChaps said:

I'm wondering if there is some bombshell on the horizon and he is just getting out before it hits.

There's an article in Politico about his upcoming departure. The author said that usually when someone says they're leaving to spend more time with their family, that's a sign  they're not leaving voluntarily. As soon as I saw that quote in the announcement, my ears perked up because that has become the usual phoney phrase folks use when they're being kicked out the door. So, stay tuned!

Edited by annzeepark914

I can’t imagine him being pushed out; but from a network that allows MJ moving to Florida and broadcasting from their den - nothing would surprise me.  The 11 o’clock hour needs a soft touch, humor, possibly an “old hand” kind of person; maybe even some news that isn’t all political.  I never realized how much I would miss BW; I also cannot think of any other current on-air personality that can fill his shoes and/or the hour. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I also cannot think of any other current on-air personality that can fill his shoes and/or the hour. 

IIRC, they didn't have anything in that hour before BW took over.  They just started the reruns of the prime time shows an hour earlier than they do now.  Wouldn't be surprised if they went back to that.

A sports-crazed friend suggested to me the network should hire Stephen A, some co-horts and pundits to “riff” on the state of news, politics, sports, athletes and politicians. I can’t imagine that as bedtime watching. Friend says the network needs to think outside the box. What could go wrong.😎

• LOL 1
  • Love 1