Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Kashara's a good dancer, but in comparison to the other outstanding points she falls flat. Honestly I'm just calling it down to favoritism. She's got the bubbly/cute image and I guess that's what they wanted this year. Still think Lacey would slay. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Moxiejan said:

It wasn't intended that she be a GL this year; it was intended that she be a 2nd GL.

But when Erica suddenly exited (after KaShara presumably had filled in as GL for some time), K&J had only 2 choices: Move KaShara up to GL or keep her at 2nd and move someone with no GL experience ahead of her. Really, I don't know what else they could have done.

Yeah, the seconds last year were Erica, Melissa, Lacey, and Jinelle. So with Melissa and Erica leaving and Jenna being the only group leader to return, there had to be a new person as a GL this year. 

No doubt though that the person who has benefited the most from the departures from last year's team and the Holly/Jenna/Erica stuff is Kashara, but hey, that's life. Take advantage of opportunities when they come. I still don't get the "point needs to be the leader of the team thing" considering that's it's a dance formation, but Kelli cares about that.

3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Kashara's a good dancer, but in comparison to the other outstanding points she falls flat. Honestly I'm just calling it down to favoritism. She's got the bubbly/cute image and I guess that's what they wanted this year. Still think Lacey would slay. 

Agreed. 

I enjoy Kashara but there are more dynamic dancers on the team. She is this year's favorite. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Yeah, the seconds last year were Erica, Melissa, Lacey, and Jinelle. So with Melissa and Erica leaving and Jenna being the only group leader to return, there had to be a new person as a GL this year. 

No doubt though that the person who has benefited the most from the departures from last year's team and the Holly/Jenna/Erica stuff is Kashara, but hey, that's life. Take advantage of opportunities when they come. I still don't get the "point needs to be the leader of the team thing" considering that's it's a dance formation, but Kelli cares about that.

does kelly care about that?  Because I don't know much about how they choose, but have seen Shelly post here that other than it being a dance formation, the 'point girl' thing is something that is a bit overblown on these boards and isn't as big of a deal in reality as we make it seem here. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

1 hour ago, ElenaFR said:

Agreed. 

I enjoy Kashara but there are more dynamic dancers on the team. She is this year's favorite. 

Kashara may not be the best technical dancer on the team, but she exudes a playful/sexy sassiness that I'm sure many find very entertaining, which is the bottom line after all.  And I do agree that she is obviously one of Kelli's favorites. Kelli makes no bones about enjoying the 'Kasexy,' and it did appear she may have scored a lot of points by making poor Yuko feel more included. Kashara may better fit Kelli's definition of dynamic right now. Lacey is a beautiful technical dancer and I love to watch her.. but perhaps Kelli doesn't see her as dynamic in the sense of generating as much attention-grabbing broad appeal to the uneducated (dance-wise) audience.

Have to add that personally I enjoy the more interesting if less technically perfect dancers in the context of the venue that the DCC perform in - i.e. entertaining a still largely beer-swilling male crowd (see comment above re: unsophisticated audience). I wouldn't say Mia Greenhouse was a technical standout, but she was a great point (IMO) because she had that extra sassy something that kept your attention on her. (Sometimes they get lucky and find someone with both, like Jenn K.) If she hangs around I could see Kalyssa at point someday as she also has that extra something special that others don't in spite of her being the first to admit during auditions that she doesn't have the technical skills others have.

I would be more critical of, and have higher expectations for, technical excellence if I was at a ballet or serious dance competition for example. However when watching a group of beautiful girls decked out in micro hot pants and cleavage-baring tops at a football game, technical chops may not always carry the day as to deciding who gets to be front and center. 

Edited by Blndee6
spelling
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

does kelly care about that?  Because I don't know much about how they choose, but have seen Shelly post here that other than it being a dance formation, the 'point girl' thing is something that is a bit overblown on these boards and isn't as big of a deal in reality as we make it seem here. 

Shelly also told us in her day point was rotated among show group members.  I do think it's a bigger deal now that there is a point whereas in the past there were several.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

I don't know about that.  Shelly tends to tow the company line in her responses.  Remember DCC pays the bills.

Being point girl, means I'm the one they want out in front, the best.  Jenna's only real punishment was to lose point.  If it's no big deal, then why take it at all.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

Yeah she listed out some factors on twitter, and tenure and dependability were two of them. That struck me as a nod to leadership (dependability), but I guess she could be pointing specifically to dependability regarding dance.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

I wouldn't say Mia Greenhouse was a technical standout, but she was a great point (IMO) because she had that extra sassy something that kept your attention on her.

I don't think being a great technical dancer figures into point at all.  Being GREAT at DCC style does.

Kashara's history on the team, no show group, no leadership role, confirms she was viewed by the powers at be as middle of the pack.  Her dancing didn't improve, so what changed.

I think the point others are making is that Kashara is far from the best at DCC style, and for every other point girl the argument could be made that she was the best at DCC style on the team

I realize that Kashara's brand of country cutesy appeals to some, but it's a dance team, not a sorority.  

I know, I know K and J makes the decisions.  I will survive.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

Kashara's history on the team, no show group, no leadership role, confirms she was viewed by the powers at be as middle of the pack.  Her dancing didn't improve, so what changed.

I think the answer is that the girls who are better dancer/performers than Kashara (and not less senior than her) either retired (Amy/Megan/Melissa/Jenn K/Claire) or got in trouble and/or were released (Jenna/Holly/Erica). Lacey is the big glaring question mark, and I guess Jinelle for people who are big fans of her (I'm not in terms of dance/looks, but I like her personally). 

Dont get me wrong. There definitely appears to be favoritism here, but her rise isn't as shocking to me given everyone who has left, voluntarily or involuntarily. Now if she had originally been at point over Jenna or if Amy T/Megan/Erica were on the team and healthy, and she were point over them, then I would be shocked. 

Edited by Jess14
Typo
  • Love 3

Kashara got rookie of the year two seasons ago and earned a Barbie for her solo this year.  She was also selected for 2nd group leader and then promoted when Erica left.  The first two  are both a pretty big deal in both overall personality and ability, and being a group leader shows leadership ability.  She's very well rounded, which I think helps when it comes to being the face of the team during their preshow dance.

I don't think she just blew in out of nowhere to get point this year, though I do think she'd just be in the triangle had Jenna not effed herself.  I think she'd be better off in Amy T's or Melissa's spot personally, because I don't think she's as strong as Jenna and she's gotten thick again, but she has a nice pop.  Her happiness shows all over her face, which is awesome for the HD screen.  

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Kashara got rookie of the year two seasons ago and earned a Barbie for her solo this year.  She was also selected for 2nd group leader and then promoted when Erica left.  The first two  are both a pretty big deal in both overall personality and ability, and being a group leader shows leadership ability.  She's very well rounded, which I think helps when it comes to being the face of the team during their preshow dance.

I don't think she just blew in out of nowhere to get point this year, though I do think she'd just be in the triangle had Jenna not effed herself.  I think she'd be better off in Amy T's or Melissa's spot personally, because I don't think she's as strong as Jenna and she's gotten thick again, but she has a nice pop.  Her happiness shows all over her face, which is awesome for the HD screen.  

Right. I don't think they would have put her up there if they didn't think she could deliver. Definitely things they see that we don't. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, hypeman said:

I don't think being a great technical dancer figures into point at all.  Being GREAT at DCC style does.

I think the point others are making is that Kashara is far from the best at DCC style, and for every other point girl the argument could be made that she was the best at DCC style on the team

I realize that Kashara's brand of country cutesy appeals to some, but it's a dance team, not a sorority.  

I know, I know K and J makes the decisions.  I will survive.

The definition of being 'great at DCC style' is purely subjective as are judgements that Kashara is 'far from the best' at however each person would define DCC style. No one knows how Kashara was viewed by the powers and in my humble opinion her dancing has greatly improved over the past years, so we will just have to agree to disagree (as we often do around here which keeps the conversation interesting).

The team is not a sorority, true. But a certain level of comeraderie anchored by a leader who is respected by most appears to be important to the functioning of the group as a whole (recall Kelly's discussion with Jenna about the importance of being a role model for other team members, etc.) I can imagine that the Holly/Jenna/Erica drama(s), including the departure of two senior vets and the perceived 'demotion' of the remaining one (and defacto team leader) left a void in team leadership that K&J never expected they'd need to address. Kashara was rookie of the year, right? And this is voted on by her team mates, yes? So she must have established some level of positive support among the team.  She may have been the best person to bring forward in the moment to send the kind of message/signal to the rest of the team when the former established 'leaders' self-destructed.

Sorry to be long-winded. Should've left it at 'agree to disagree' right?!

?

• Love 7
On 9/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, evasworld123 said:

THIS!

I can't fathom how a person cares enough to publicly comment on her Instagram, but not enough to perform a quick google search and stalk this forum. Or as you said scroll up 2 comments to see the question already addressed 

I know we're nowhere near the end of these comments, but just know some one is frustrated with you lol #amateurs

IMG_8923.PNG

That bamabelle said that like she would be missed, or that her loyalty counts for something, lol.   If you're going to dump the entire squad over one person, you really weren't their fan in the first place, and I highly doubt that Holly gave any thought to her fans feelings when she bailed. She just wanted to party and not be held accountable. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Java said:

That bamabelle said that like she would be missed, or that her loyalty counts for something, lol.   If you're going to dump the entire squad over one person, you really weren't their fan in the first place, and I highly doubt that Holly gave any thought to her fans feelings when she bailed. She just wanted to party and not be held accountable. 

Yeah, it's weird. Was this person going to stop following DCC had Holly just retired? I mean, Holly was only there for 2 years lol. Its fine to have favorites, but It's not like she was there for 10 years and then just got ruthlessly cut....DCCs come and go quite frequently.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

The definition of being 'great at DCC style' is purely subjective as are judgements that Kashara is 'far from the best' at however each person would define DCC style. No one knows how Kashara was viewed by the powers and in my humble opinion her dancing has greatly improved over the past years, so we will just have to agree to disagree (as we often do around here which keeps the conversation interesting).

The team is not a sorority, true. But a certain level of comeraderie anchored by a leader who is respected by most appears to be important to the functioning of the group as a whole (recall Kelly's discussion with Jenna about the importance of being a role model for other team members, etc.) I can imagine that the Holly/Jenna/Erica drama(s), including the departure of two senior vets and the perceived 'demotion' of the remaining one (and defacto team leader) left a void in team leadership that K&J never expected they'd need to address. Kashara was rookie of the year, right? And this is voted on by her team mates, yes? So she must have established some level of positive support among the team.  She may have been the best person to bring forward in the moment to send the kind of message/signal to the rest of the team when the former established 'leaders' self-destructed.

Sorry to be long-winded. Should've left it at 'agree to disagree' right?!

?

You raise a lot of great points, and I am actually leaning more towards your view.  They decided to go with a positive role model/leader, than the best dancer.

If I read your post right, then we actually have been in agreement the whole time.

Kashara may not be the best dancer, but she's no slouch.  However, she does bring many other fine qualities.  That's something I can agree with.

Edited by hypeman
  • Love 11
18 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Kashara may not be the best dancer, but she's no slouch.  However, she does bring many other fine qualities.

Thank you for nicely distilling my lengthy trip off into the weeds!

• Love 4

Holly H. wasn't really the no1 dancer of her years as point, so i don't think Kashara is the worst point they've ever had. And I do like Holly, I'm not criticising her. I just mean that a.the point isn't universally liked, just like we all like and dislike different girls and b. It's not always all about dance ability. Even Shelly said that height for example plays a big role-qnd honestly? I HATED the original formation with a medium-height girl at right, a super short girl at point and a very tall girl at left. I think with Kashara at point the triangle is way more balanced.

I don't understand so many poster's problems with Kashara. She's in that position for a reason. Kelli and Judy know what they're doing. Is it so far fetched to think that maybe Kashara actually DESERVES to be point? Maybe she's a great leader. Maybe she's a favorite among the girls. Maybe she's a leader the girls can come to for help. Maybe she spends hours helping quietly behind the scenes. Maybe they like her look and want a blonde at point. Who knows. 

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I don't understand so many poster's problems with Kashara. She's in that position for a reason. Kelli and Judy know what they're doing. Is it so far fetched to think that maybe Kashara actually DESERVES to be point? Maybe she's a great leader. Maybe she's a favorite among the girls. Maybe she's a leader the girls can come to for help. Maybe she spends hours helping quietly behind the scenes. Maybe they like her look and want a blonde at point. Who knows. 

JennK was also called a teacher's pet last year and now i think we all agree she was amazing and she deserved her spot. I've never had an issue with their choice of point, although I was so over Jenna that I just hated that formation so I'm actually glad she was moved again.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Doesn't this logic apply to everything? If K&J know what they're doing and their decisions shouldn't be questioned, what is there to discuss? I may be misunderstanding the post, and some  discussions go in circles no question, but  I'm not sure why who is at point, Kashara right now, is any less of a valid topic than anything else that gets discussed here.

• Love 8

I was checking out the rookie Instagrams , I noticed the profile pic is still her Miami dolphins cheerleaders cameo even tho she has a bunch of DCC pics. I don't think that's a good move & I don't know what K & J think about that !!

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, mmm said:

I was checking out the rookie Instagrams , I noticed the profile pic is still her Miami dolphins cheerleaders cameo even tho she has a bunch of DCC pics. I don't think that's a good move & I don't know what K & J think about that !!

Team not announced on the show yet.

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Team not announced on the show yet.

Yeah but instagrams are their personal accounts, not run by the cowboys. Still probably doesn't mean anything anyway. She might just like that picture of her?

• Love 1
On 9/17/2017 at 5:03 PM, ByTor said:

Wasn't Kashara asked to kind of look after Yuko to keep her from being isolated?  Run, Yuko, run!!!!! :)

Off topic:  Speaking of Yuko, I was finally able to watch last season.  The death glare that Charlotte gave Judy when Judy said she didn't care much for Yuko's dancing was priceless!  That was all I needed to see to know how Yuko made it.

I was disgusted by the way Judy talked about Yuko.  She NEVER has anything nice to say about anyone , especially at auditions.God, she is such a hateful bitch. Can you imagine what she would she would have said about Cassie or how she would have treated her if she was not her daughter??!!! She needs to be put out to pasture.

Edited by missmansfield
Misspelled
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I was disgusted by the way Judy talked about Yuko.  She NEVER has anything nice to say about anyone , especially at auditions.God, she is such a hateful bitch. Can you imagine what she would she would have said about Cassie or how she would have treated her if she was not her daughter??!!! She needs to be put out to pasture.

I don't know.. I  think if we saw all of her feedback during the audition process we would see plenty of positive comments from her; we have in the past.   Yuko may be a very sweet person, but that doesn't mean she's good with the DCC style. There are any number of videos out there where she's either chasing the music, ahead of it,  sloppy, or just phoning it in. 

I just think Judy gets worn out with some of these 'project' girls after their 1st season and they're STILL doing poorly. 

If she's lacking at anything after all these years, it's a comfort level with hip-hop, and they can always pay other choreographers for that.

Edited by Java
punctuation
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Doesn't this logic apply to everything? If K&J know what they're doing and their decisions shouldn't be questioned, what is there to discuss? I may be misunderstanding the post, and some  discussions go in circles no question, but  I'm not sure why who is at point, Kashara right now, is any less of a valid topic than anything else that gets discussed here.

I never said it wasn't a valid topic.... 

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

JennK was also called a teacher's pet last year and now i think we all agree she was amazing and she deserved her spot. I've never had an issue with their choice of point, although I was so over Jenna that I just hated that formation so I'm actually glad she was moved again.

Very true regarding Jenn K. 

I'm totally over Jenna too, and she strikes me as being a spoiled brat. Kashara is just a hard worker and a sweet girl. I saw her live and in person dancing at the Giants game, and she was awesome. So I think it's great she's at point. 

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I do not agree.

Honestly I want to take back every lukewarm thing I ever said about Jen K. If I had known the leadership void that was around the corner, I would have become one of those psychos who leave fake threats on instagram saying stuff like 'IF JEN K LEAVES IM UNFOLLOWING DCC'.

Honestly might have begged a few other upper year vets to stay as well lol. Can you believe not so long ago we had dancers like Jacie, Kinzie, Angela etc. We used to be spoilt for power, projection and great tech! Honestly, there were some years where there were easily 5-7 dancers who all could have been incredible points. I think that's why some people (myself included) were a bit meh on Jen K - there were just *so* many great dancers during her time. 

Also, do you guys think it's a coincidence that a weak DCC squad has a bigger All Stars squad? Usually there are about...5 All Stars? I think? This year there are so many! Jessica, Dani, Nicole B, Emma, Katy? (this brunette, not sure if that's her name), Jen K, and I swear I've seen Amy T or Melissa in uniform as well. 

• Love 3

Just found this dance solo of Megan. God she's talented!

And Melissa! AMAZING BUT WHAT'S NEW?!! Definitely worth every hype!

For the longest just known as that girl who gets dcc barbies for solos. I think I cried watching this! So much soul and heart!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yeah but instagrams are their personal accounts, not run by the cowboys. Still probably doesn't mean anything anyway. She might just like that picture of her?

Yeah that could be true but it's not good thing , she should definitely changed it  

17 hours ago, Java said:

It is possible to just be a fan of a certain person as opposed to a whole team. I'm definitely like that with football (well I was until my favorite player retired). I would root for him, but I was never a fan of the entire team.

12 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Do we actually know this? I think that's how it's painted on the show. She isn't a bitch at all, but maybe that's just your limited opinion on what you get to see for an hour.

21 minutes ago, mmm said:

Yeah that could be true but it's not good thing , she should definitely changed it  

The photo? Meh. I think that's a reach. She should definitely keep her personal profile the way she wishes with her favorite pictures of herself. I'm certainly not going to take down a picture of myself in my old office at my old job just because I have a new one.  I don't think they care.

14 hours ago, missmansfield said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think being "disgusted" by Judy saying she didn't care for Yuko's dancing at audition is a bit of an overreaction. She just said that Yuko wasn't good, which is true. Unless of course she said something else I don't remember right now. Not saying that Judy is a saint because she does seem a bit bitchy, but at least she is almost always right- and she isn't the one who goes around calling people chewy bacon.

12 hours ago, autumdusk said:

Honestly I want to take back every lukewarm thing I ever said about Jen K. If I had known the leadership void that was around the corner, I would have become one of those psychos who leave fake threats on instagram saying stuff like 'IF JEN K LEAVES IM UNFOLLOWING DCC'.

Honestly might have begged a few other upper year vets to stay as well lol. Can you believe not so long ago we had dancers like Jacie, Kinzie, Angela etc. We used to be spoilt for power, projection and great tech! Honestly, there were some years where there were easily 5-7 dancers who all could have been incredible points. I think that's why some people (myself included) were a bit meh on Jen K - there were just *so* many great dancers during her time. 

Also, do you guys think it's a coincidence that a weak DCC squad has a bigger All Stars squad? Usually there are about...5 All Stars? I think? This year there are so many! Jessica, Dani, Nicole B, Emma, Katy? (this brunette, not sure if that's her name), Jen K, and I swear I've seen Amy T or Melissa in uniform as well. 

We had many great dancers last year as well, but I don't think anyone else could have been point. She was the best leader and spokesperson they had, but she was also the only one who never had a weight issue. Melissa would be a great point, Amy T. And Megan too... but they all struggled with that. And Erica was out of performances all the time, especially during thunderstruck so you can't have a point who goes missing all thw time. Yet, I agree that all of them would be great at point too.

This year though? Only Lacey could be point and I do believe she will get it next year. The only other strong AND extremely photogenic dancer they have is Cersten, but I don't think a second year vet would get it.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I was disgusted by the way Judy talked about Yuko.  She NEVER has anything nice to say about anyone , especially at auditions. God, she is such a hateful bitch. Can you imagine what she would she would have said about Cassie or how she would have treated her if she was not her daughter??!!! She needs to be put out to pasture.

We must be watching different shows. I cannot remember ever thinking of Judy as being overly harsh or bitchy in her criticisms of the dancers either in discussion with other people, the TH segments or directly to girls themselves. Her criticisms have always seemed pretty measured and supportable to me. I've actually wished she would speak up more when debating with Kelli and/or Charlotte (or the rest of the judging panel) on the dancers' capabilities as I consider her to be the most qualified person in the room. I will miss Judy and her fabulous hair when they put her out to pasture.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Java said:

I just think Judy gets worn out with some of these 'project' girls after their 1st season and they're STILL doing poorly. 

Kelli herself said in an earlier season that when she & Judy disagree you could cut the tension with a knife, so I think Judy gets really disgusted with the pet projects :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Blndee6 said:

We must be watching different shows. I cannot remember ever thinking of Judy as being overly harsh or bitchy in her criticisms of the dancers either in discussion with other people, the TH segments or directly to girls themselves. Her criticisms have always seemed pretty measured and supportable to me. I've actually wished she would speak up more when debating with Kelli and/or Charlotte (or the rest of the judging panel) on the dancers' capabilities as I consider her to be the most qualified person in the room. I will miss Judy and her fabulous hair when they put her out to pasture.

I view Judy much like I view Kitty - Theyre both super tame as far as commentary on the girls go in comparison to pretty much every coach I''ve ever known, and I find tht Judy actually gives pretty constructive criticism, she corrects technique, as opposed to Kelli who gives the most ridiculous notes half the time - 'crispy bacon' anyone? how do you even correct your tech with a note like that?!?! - and rarely is she 'wrong' about a dancer.  if she says a girl has bad technique 9.5 times out of 10 the girl does have bad technique.  I think she's better at giving the girls workable notes than Kelli, I don't hink I've ever heard her scream at the girls(vs raise her voice) or really get in their face (at least on the show) and I get a much more caring feeling from her towards the girls than Kelli ( i know that might seem strange, but half the time I feel Kelli cares about the squad, not the individual girls)

I like Yuko as a person,, she seems sweet, but certainly in her rookie year she did not get the DCC style. she lacked power and her timing was not great.  She's improved a lot, but she'll never be a DCC great.  Judy strikes me as frustrated with that. Given a choice I think Judy wouldn't have had Yuko on the squad, maybe even not in TC, but was overruled and I think shes frustrated that Yuko hasn't improved more.  I think she appears 'harsh' at auditions because half of the other judges commentary is either 'hot' or 'I like watching her' whereas Judy is one of the few actually concerned with ensuring the girl can actually dance not just perform.  She strikes me as having higher standards for the girls than Kelli in terms of dance, she wants good technical dancers AND good performers in the same package, but she is constrained because Kelli outranks her, and if Kelli (and Charlotte) like a girl, even if Judy doesn't, that girl is going to TC and its up to Judy (and Kitty) to whip her into shape if they can.

TL:DR there are times in my dance training that I''d have killed to have a coach like Judy versus some of the ones i've had. She has high standards, but I don't see anything particularly harsh about her commentary or behaviour.  Then again, I'm viewing it through a lens of some pretty horrible teachers!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think being "disgusted" by Judy saying she didn't care for Yuko's dancing at audition is a bit of an overreaction. She just said that Yuko wasn't good, which is true. Unless of course she said something else I don't remember right now.

Having just rewatched (well, watched, I wasn't able to see it last year) that season, nope, you're not forgetting anything, Judy said she didn't think Yuko was very good.

6 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I view Judy much like I view Kitty - Theyre both super tame as far as commentary on the girls go in comparison to pretty much every coach I''ve ever known

And, from what we're shown, I think Judy is super-duper tame compared to Kitty, so compared to the other coaches you've known, Judy sounds like she's a virtual pussycat :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Having just rewatched (well, watched, I wasn't able to see it last year) that season, nope, you're not forgetting anything, Judy said she didn't think Yuko was very good.

And, from what we're shown, I think Judy is super-duper tame compared to Kitty, so compared to the other coaches you've known, Judy sounds like she's a virtual pussycat :)

Like I can't describe. I once had a skating coach, when I kept landing a jump double footed, kick me in the shin (with her toepick) until I could barely put my non-landing leg on the ice.  Didn't land double footed after that. I don't see Judy kicking a girl until she gets the kickline right.
Now obviously we can't judge what the team bosses are like off-camera, but I think between Judy's resting bitch face, and tht she gives corrections that actually mean something not only to the girls but the audience, many of whom may have no dance training, as opposed to Kelli's far more vague comments, she can come across as far more harsh than I think she really is.

• Love 2

I like Judy. She can be bitchy, but I typically feel like she's objective. I've always felt that Kelli lets her personal feelings about people get in the way of things. She just reminds me of one of those supervisors who really plays favorites, whereas I don't get that vibe from Judy.

• Love 5

I just watch Robin & Maggie do the facebook live session and can I just say.. I LOVE ROBIN! 

When Maggie said there was a quota this year that veterans aren't safe, I laughed just a little bit. I can't wait for the rest of this season. A few interesting tidbits from this interview. 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 3

I kind of feel sorry for Judy in her position.  Kelli's job is the overall squad, i.e. DCC looks and PR. Whereas Judy's focus is on the performance itself.  So when K & C insist on keeping what Judy may consider a "subpar" performer she's stuck with trying to get that person to improve or move her somewhere her mistakes won't stand out.  So during the training camp what you hear most from Kelli is "does she have power/pop or does she blend" and Judy is all, mistake, messy, slow learner, low kicks etc..  Each are looking for something a bit different from the same group of girls. 

• Love 9
On 9/17/2017 at 1:46 PM, MssdDrms said:

Anyone who has purchased the full seasons, maybe from Amazon, do they have extras?  I would like to see some of the full finals routines instead of just the glimpses we get from the show.  I would really like to see KaShara aka KaSexy's routine.  She must be really stepping it up this season.

I get my episodes on Amazon and they don't do extra scenes.  The CMT site will show extra scenes from the show but not performances.  I usually go to youtube or the DCC twitter site.  DCC twitter page may show one of the groups doing a full sideline routine.  Youtube will sometimes have fans post plaza performances and the Thunder routine for the home games that they see.  ( I have not seen alot from this new season but there are lots of posts from past seasons squads) Alot of posters on this sight download videos and pictures that they find on the different forums on this page as well.  Hope this helps.

• Love 1
On 9/20/2017 at 10:45 AM, dreamcatcher said:

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think being "disgusted" by Judy saying she didn't care for Yuko's dancing at audition is a bit of an overreaction. She just said that Yuko wasn't good, which is true. Unless of course she said something else I don't remember right now. Not saying that Judy is a saint because she does seem a bit bitchy, but at least she is almost always right- and she isn't the one who goes around calling people chewy bacon.

We had many great dancers last year as well, but I don't think anyone else could have been point. She was the best leader and spokesperson they had, but she was also the only one who never had a weight issue. Melissa would be a great point, Amy T. And Megan too... but they all struggled with that. And Erica was out of performances all the time, especially during thunderstruck so you can't have a point who goes missing all thw time. Yet, I agree that all of them would be great at point too.

This year though? Only Lacey could be point and I do believe she will get it next year. The only other strong AND extremely photogenic dancer they have is Cersten, but I don't think a second year vet would get it.

I am entitled to my feelings and my what some people might say is an "overreaction".

• Love 2
On 9/15/2017 at 5:53 PM, ellekotonyok said:

When Gina was talking saying how "I have a bunch of training other girls don't have", it sounded so full of herself. They all have had training. That just made me not a fan of hers. 

All I could think about when she made that comment is Liam Neeson's line..... "I have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career... ". I took it as shameless self-promotion... but who can blame any of them in this situation? It does give one a glimpse of narcissism though.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I am entitled to my feelings and my what some people might say is an "overreaction".

Of course you are! I was just confused because both K&J (and Charlotte and guests and judges and.pretty much everyone) have said some very mean things throughout the seasons, so them saying that they didn't care for a bad dancer's dancing doesn't seem mean or negative. I thought I just missed something from that scene.

Edited by dreamcatcher
2 hours ago, FaninMAss said:

All I could think about when she made that comment is Liam Neeson's line..... "I have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career... ". I took it as shameless self-promotion... but who can blame any of them in this situation? It does give one a glimpse of narcissism though.  

I think it is more that Gina disrespected all

of the ladies that have just as much of not more or stronger dance backgrounds .  For all her "skills over a long career" she really is not good. 

• Love 9