Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

45 minutes ago, Java said:

I think Kelli and Charlotte were a lot more forgiving than you might think.

If you believe what's been posted, this wasn't Holly's first beer. She's had issues with breaking rules since her rookie year, but back then she was a little more stealth about it. This past season it would seem she adopted a  "I'm the fan favorite and everyone loves me so IDGAF anymore" attitude about it. She not only told teammates about some of her off-field stuff, she was crazy enough to be seen in public doing things she shouldn't. 

Bless her heart she IS a great dancer and a charismatic performer, but she made some poor choices.  Maybe she did break under the stress with the last incident, and it's understandable if she did, but she apparently hasn't been a model DCC for quite awhile. 

You have to be more careful than the average 20yr when you're a DCC. 

I have no insider information at all. But this post makes the most sense out of all the speculation and theories floating around.  

I've always been a huge Holly fan since day one. But I often wondered if her being a small town girl suddenly thrust into the spotlight might cause a lot of problems. When you have people constantly saying what a rockstar you are, it's going to make an impact unless you surround yourself with very grounded people who can drag your head out of the clouds (or out of your a$$). And even then, louder voices can prevail.

I'm guessing she kept her questionable activities on the down low her rookie year and part of last year so any warnings she got were minor. So maybe that made her think she could push the envelope even more by drinking in public with football players, an incredibly risky move to make. Seems like Jenna was willing to face the consequences (missing HoF, teaching at Camp DCC) but Holly was not. Guess we will find out soon enough.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm so glad Kashara got to keep her spot! Then again I don't think Jenna is going to retire without getting point and probowl.

And she hasn't a single mention of the dcc on social media. She doesn't owe us an explanation, but if it was amicable I would expect her to write a supportive message and say how much she misses performing with all of them.

Me too! I love Kash there. Why do I have such a weird feeling Jinelle could be PBC? Lololol I mean given the fact that she would be an ideal representation of the DCC imo.. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

When the girls entered the field at the Meet the Team, I could just hear Judy yelling, LINES, LINES!

The lines are probably the most difficult part of the whole thing. Everyone has a different length stride and you can't look to see if you're in line or not. I hope they spend more time on it. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I'm trying to watch this locker video and it's flying by too fast..are they alphabetized??

First and second leaders are the first 8 to the right when you come in, then alphabetized with vets, rookies are on the left side. 

• Love 2

Hmmm. . . while I think that Holly's exploits outside of DCC are definitely reprimand-worthy, given that nobody official has said more than "Wait and see" makes me think that Holly got an opportunity and jumped at the chance.  Even Jenna didn't go silent on social media when people wondered why she wasn't at HOF.  Something's up and I don't think it's all about the drink or the socializing.

Having said that, Holly's a great dancer, but I don't think she's all that and certainly not the best thing that ever happened to the DCC.  There have been amazing dancers on the team over the past 11 years and all of them have managed to blend in and stand out at the same time, drawing attention to themselves and yet also to the team as a whole.  To me, Holly seems to be too much of "Look at me! See how good a dancer I am!  See how gorgeous and sexy I am!"  I think she would need to tone that down somewhat as well as tone down her dancing a smidge.  Not a lot, but take some of the aggressiveness out of it.  She's too much of a dancer and, while I appreciate that to a degree, she's over the top just a little too much.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Java said:

I think Harry is kind of like a lot of us - trying to figure out what would possess a girl with so much talent and support to make some foolish choices.  There could be any number of reasons, and you can call it naive,  but we're trying to look for reasons that don't amount to she became a spoiled, entitled brat.  

It may be a stretch, but you have to have a dream, right? 

Love this.

We want to believe the best, even when confronted with other possibilities. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Java said:

This past season it would seem she adopted a  "I'm the fan favorite and everyone loves me so IDGAF anymore" attitude about it.

Vivian syndrome!!!

50 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

Why do I have such a weird feeling Jinelle could be PBC?

Not a weird feeling to have at all, I think she's getting it too :)

17 minutes ago, JerseyGirl said:

Looks like Tasha lost some of the pizza and ice cream body fat during TC:

I think her "weight issue" was really overblown; she may have been a bit less toned, but she didn't look "heavy" to me at all, so I think that's how she managed to bounce back so quick. 

11 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think she would need to tone that down somewhat as well as tone down her dancing a smidge.  Not a lot, but take some of the aggressiveness out of it.  She's too much of a dancer and, while I appreciate that to a degree, she's over the top just a little too much.

As well as tone down those silly faces she makes!

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Tootie said:

gd4.jpg

I swear all I do is bitch anymore, LOL, but from this picture I think they made Kalyssa's hair too blonde, I liked her slightly darker per-makeover color better.

• Love 3

Hey I have a question. Can some one tell me if known the exact order training camp names were called? The show cut and pastes the order. You can tell buy who is still sitting in their seats if you watch carefully. Perhaps to help with smiles. I see a few mentioning that. So if there was a list posted before what page is it on? I am so curious. And yes, Holly really does deserve support. I never felt different. Hard to agree to knowing you may be cast in poor light ahead of time feeling sure that would not happen too harshly. I am sure last night made it raw all over.And glad Kelli had very supportive comments and zero shame ones. I hope Holly has gained enough fortitude that she is getting past it faster then others can. It may not be the case...but do you think any team mates felt sour about choices. Its intense for them. 

But really...where is the actual call order? I posted on another thread but maybe question is good for here. 

1 minute ago, CompassionPatched said:

Hey I have a question. Can some one tell me if known the exact order training camp names were called? The show cut and pastes the order. You can tell buy who is still sitting in their seats if you watch carefully. Perhaps to help with smiles. I see a few mentioning that. So if there was a list posted before what page is it on? I am so curious. And yes, Holly really does deserve support. I never felt different. Hard to agree to knowing you may be cast in poor light ahead of time feeling sure that would not happen too harshly. I am sure last night made it raw all over.And glad Kelli had very supportive comments and zero shame ones. I hope Holly has gained enough fortitude that she is getting past it faster then others can. It may not be the case...but do you think any team mates felt sour about choices. Its intense for them. 

But really...where is the actual call order? I posted on another thread but maybe question is good for here. 

There's no way to know that, any particular reason why it matters? As far as I know it's at random so order doesn't relate to scoring in any way.

1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

Yuko is boring, I kind of get why they like her though. She gets the moves right, but needs to be more WOW. 

Ooooh I love the sexy move Kelsey L has with her hips!  I cannot even imagine how much they practice to be so synchronized in their movements.

• Love 9

I had hoped that after an entire year Yuko would get the DCC style down. If she doesn't have it by now it is simply not going to happen. Every image or video clip I have seen her in, Yuko is always off and she simply does not move like the rest of the squad. Kelli told us that Yuko is one of the best soloists -- ever, I just wish Yuko wouldn't  stick out so awkwardly sometimes. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

I had hoped that after an entire year Yuko would get the DCC style down. If she doesn't have it by now it is simply not going to happen. Every image or video clip I have seen her in, Yuko is always off and she simply does not move like the rest of the squad. Kelli told us that Yuko is one of the best soloists -- ever, I just wish Yuko stick out so awkwardly sometimes. 

And her kicks are terrible compared to Kelli and Kelsey in this picture.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

And her kicks are terrible compared to Kelli and Kelsey in this picture.

Maybe she got that leg all the way up, but was behind a beat. Watching her perform she seems to either chase the music or gets ahead of it. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

First and second leaders are the first 8 to the right when you come in, then alphabetized with vets, rookies are on the left side. 

Thx.  Firsthand knowledge? Have you had a tour? If so...JEALOUS! I'm getting ready to try to catch a glimpse of the team during the halftime if any of it's televised.  Only getting the game because they're playing the Colts and apparently it's in my "market".

Edited by DCCFanInKy
reworded
7 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Thx.  Firsthand knowledge? Have you had a tour? If so...JEALOUS! I'm getting ready to try to catch a glimpse of the team during the halftime if any of it's televised.  Only getting the game because they're playing the Colts and apparently it's in my "market".

I wish, I have seen photos/videos of the group leaders being beside each other though. Everything else is alphabetized and I think the seconds are next to the GL. Not positive.

• Love 2

Rachael Alexander is so pretty in those pics! Christina has never been my cup of tea looks wise anyway, but I feel like they've taken the awesome out of her hair too. And now that some of my favorite audition candidates didn't make camp or the team over her I'm even more bah humbug than I once was. Seriously she's better than Katelynn or Lacey or Brennan?? Sigh. 

Help me see it, CMT. Help me see it. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

Here's a video of the locker room.  The 4 group leaders are 1st with the 2nd's right after them.  Then it goes in alphabetical order by year... after all the leaders, there's Chantal, Simone, Stephanie then Cersten, Jessika, (and all the other 2nd yr girls), then it starts all the rookies in order.  The video actually shows the last 5 initially (ending with Yuko) but then it moves over to the group leaders.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Here's a video of the locker room.  The 4 group leaders are 1st with the 2nd's right after them.  Then it goes in alphabetical order by year... after all the leaders, there's Chantal, Simone, Stephanie then Cersten, Jessika, (and all the other 2nd yr girls), then it starts all the rookies in order.  The video actually shows the last 5 initially (ending with Yuko) but then it moves over to the group leaders.

I saw that earlier.  Just didn't "click" what I was seeing in regard to who was where on the wall. :-) I need new glasses and tonight I need a serious drink! 

Edited by DCCFanInKy

Happy for the newly announced team.  Sad for Erica as I hoped she would do it all this season: point, Pro Bowl, etc. but that was not to be (these were my fantasies not realities).  The DCC has some gorgeous brunette rookies this year. Last year they had a bunch of gorgeous blondes rookies. That is all. 

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

OK, Jenna really does bring extra power and something special when she dances. She's definitely another Mia. 

Agreed.  For all the Jenna hate on here, she earned her spot at point with her consistently, superior performances.  To me, Kashara is pretty and adorable and a good dancer, but definitely does not have what it takes to be point.   I think the HOF performance proved that.  There is a reason why some senior vets are jumped for position in the  triangle (i.e. Jinelle). #TeamJenna

• Love 1

Today's DCC Twitter has a video of Jenna and Lacey announcing KaShara and Selina as today's first Gameday Girls of the new season(!).  I am so happy for both KaShara and Selina, they are two of my absolute favorites on the team and both seem like such nice, down-to-earth women.  It was also sweet to see how very happy their teammates were for both of them.  If I knew how to link it I would.  Oops, I just now see that @Tootie has already provided the link above, thanks!

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Today's DCC Twitter has a video of Jenna and Lacey announcing KaShara and Selina as today's first Gameday Girls of the new season(!).  I am so happy for both KaShara and Selina, they are two of my absolute favorites on the team and both seem like such nice, down-to-earth women.  It was also sweet to see how very happy their teammates were for both of them.  If I knew how to link it I would.

It's linked above already.

• Love 1

Question, I know K & J like the DCC to be community ambassadors and either work or attend school. Can someone list all the DCC with either their job or school? I'd love to know what these girls do when not cheering. Curious as to what the new DCC are doing since many have moved to the Dallas area.

Is anybody else getting sick of that HandsClap song the DCC have danced to? That thing is going to get worn out real quick, real soon. I would rather hear Rhianna sing SOS from 2006. 

Chantel at first glance reminds me of Kyndall.

Dang, those shorts are tiny! 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, AZlover said:

Question, I know K & J like the DCC to be community ambassadors and either work or attend school. Can someone list all the DCC with either their job or school? I'd love to know what these girls do when not cheering. Curious as to what the new DCC are doing since many have moved to the Dallas area.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders_squad_2016

This is for last year's squad...click on their name and it will tell you their stats with their occupation

• Love 2