Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, Java said:

It was awesome to see her family support :)  I almost worry about the internet fanatics that follow her though. Some of them are going to be heartbroken and need a Xanax when they see the team photo and see she's gone. 

I have a feeling those heartbroken on instagram, would get over it as this year's team goes on thro this season. Yes it would be hard to not see Holly on the team this year but the team would go on, she is young she is an amazing dancer. I do wonder what she would do next. I have a secret woman crush that she would have this year off and then come back next year and be like "BOOM IN YOUR FACE OLD ME" to all the problems in the last few months and show and proof that she matured and grew up. But I have a feeling that in reality that won't happen and she would prob move on to something else. I remember (I think it was) her rookier season where she said she made it into the top 20 of So You Think You Can Dance. I (also) secretly wish she try out for that again too  and see how far she gets now that shes a little older and gotten a bit more dance "experience" as a DCC etc. 

Glad her family is showing full support on social media (too, I say "too" because I'd assume they are fully supporting her behind the scenes etc).

I honestly hope this new post from Holly mean she maybe active on social media again (somewhere), so we can see what she does next. Mind you I noticed she has 2 twitter account, 1 is private, has anyone followed her on that private one? Just wondered thats all to see if she posted anything on there. thats all. I don't want to post the twitter handle to her private twitter, but if you look her full name up on twitter you prob see it there.

Edited by Dcc fan
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Judy: "We don't ever like to take anybody back into training camp a second time and cut them"

...But yet you still do? And we see it happen again this season with Brennan and Celinda

I remember Meagan Flaherty (I just saw she passed away last year) tell Kelli and Judy off for encouraging her to come back for a third time just to cut her in training camp and when she walked out Kelli said 'I guess she told us'. That was WILD!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, HollyFan said:

sorry don't know what to tell you other I see they responded. Now if I wasn't clear my phone app sorts it by the people I follow however the Instagram website does not

They definitely just liked it. I think everyone's IG sorts out the likes by who you follow. As far as the actual written comments, it was only Erica.

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Can you show a screen shot of their comments?  Comments/no comments, it doesn't really matter, since Holly's still on the team they can tell her in person.

Hmm. If there are 36 people on the team..and 13 rookies made it..and 25 veterans went to training camp..and 25+13 =38..which veteran other than Erica didn't make the team if Holly is still there?

• Love 2

loooong time lurker but finally making my first post--yay!!

Random, but I noticed this after they announced the last TCC. Allie is sitting there beaming and having a great time, does anyone else think that that is weird? Like why is she so happy? I'm posting pictures of all of the vets who were cut at auditions, and Raylee looks really upset, Heather H looks like she's trying not to cry, but then Allie looks so happy and excited? 

Honestly I don't follow the team as closely as the rest of you, but I do watch MTT every season and then don't follow the team too much after that. But after last year's MTT, I wasn't a huge fan of Allie. I'm not sure why, but I thought her body was rough and she looked bad in the uniform, and I also didn't like the part (not sure if anyone else remembers this) when Allie and Amy Simone were in the office and they were asking if they'd try out again if they were cut and Allie like yelled "yes!". Again, not sure why, but I don't like her. I don't really feel strongly about Raylee one way or another but I did like Heather H, despite her weird chipmunk-y smile. 

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 3.11.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 3.11.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 3.11.39 PM.png

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HollyFan said:

I would gather they have practices during the season as well. that would probably be a better time

Good point. Shelly just mentioned that you can actually see through the frosted glass at The Star into the studio.  Holly can stand on the other side and yell instructions. 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Good point. Shelly just mentioned that you can actually see through the frosted glass at The Star into the studio.  Holly can stand on the other side and yell instructions. 

don't think the spectators would need to know the instructions but she has shown to be willing to teach others so maybe if it doesn't interfere with the her DCC practice.

5 minutes ago, etak227 said:

Random, but I noticed this after they announced the last TCC. Allie is sitting there beaming and having a great time, does anyone else think that that is weird? Like why is she so happy? I'm posting pictures of all of the vets who were cut at auditions, and Raylee looks really upset, Heather H looks like she's trying not to cry, but then Allie looks so happy and excited? 

Honestly I don't follow the team as closely as the rest of you, but I do watch MTT every season and then don't follow the team too much after that. But after last year's MTT, I wasn't a huge fan of Allie. I'm not sure why, but I thought her body was rough and she looked bad in the uniform, and I also didn't like the part (not sure if anyone else remembers this) when Allie and Amy Simone were in the office and they were asking if they'd try out again if they were cut and Allie like yelled "yes!". Again, not sure why, but I don't like her. I don't really feel strongly about Raylee one way or another but I did like Heather H, despite her weird chipmunk-y smile. 

My guess is that 1. Allie had an idea. She had to know they already didn't like her figure and she didn't come in her best. 2. She was a competitive dancer so I am sure she has good practice with the graceful loser face. I think she was super upset that she put on the graceful loser face a little stronger than normal so it came off almost creepy.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, etak227 said:

Lol I don't. I just think she's trying to save face. She knows she's being filmed.

6 minutes ago, HollyFan said:

I would gather they have practices during the season as well. that would probably be a better time

I guess if their practices are open and anyone can attend. Otherwise, why else would she be there?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Erm the thing is this site isn't only "accessable" to those in USA only you know. As for iTunes, sorry I have iTunes too myself but my iTunes DO NOT HAVE IT. Why? Because the content of the things uploaded onto it is different to every country. For example I live in the UK but UK Itunes for sure DO NOT have DCC on it. We do have a channel called ITVBe that does only show series 5-7 of DCC around every May (I know because I remember watching it every May) and the UK DOES NOT and have NEVER shown season 9 of DCC MTT EVER, and I don't believe they ever will, considering its always season 5-7 on repeat over here and I have looked on UK iTunes for DCC and never found it. The same thing for Amazon. UK amazon don't have the show either.

Another example is Netflix (for example) is that is a company known world wide, but what is on Netflix in one country may not be on Netflix in another country like some films are "banned" from certain countries and would never be on Neflix/Amazon in that country but maybe on Netflix in another country eg Friends (the tv show) is on US and Canada Netflix (I know because I have friends in the US and Canada who says its on there but Friends isn't on UK Netflix). 

Back on topic, I know I asked this question before, IF Holly was really asked to leave/quit what is going to happen to her spot on show group? Because thats one spot that is definately "open" isn't? Or is K + J not going to replace her spot? I think K said that Erica was the other person who is meant to be in showgroup but is on injured reserve so she was def not in SG I know.

@Dcc fan Try here : https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dinstant-video&field-keywords=Dallas+Cowboys+Cheerleaders%3A+Making+The+Team

If you want to watch for free on cmt you need to have a vpn-blocker like freedome (so your computer thinks you are in the US) and someone's cable company login from the US. Too much hassle in my mind. I am abroad too and Amazon works fine. 

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Oh, ok, I'm not on Instagram and either can't or just don't know how to see "likes". but the claim was that they all commented, which they did not.

Sure, it would be super easy to see if they commented, which they did not.  Unless you are talking about "likes" and not comments.

I was just looking for those comments myself and had to look for several times because I did not see them either.  Glad to see it's not just me.

20 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Thank you for this comment. I just pictured it and for some reason I can't stop laughing.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, etak227 said:

Yeah, I definitely thought Allie was trying to prove that she could handle her dismissal gracefully. It did not come across genuine at all and it made me like her less. I appreciated that Raylee and Heather were vulnerable enough to show that they were upset, but not in a hissy-fit sort of way. They showed humility and it made them more human. Unfortunately for Allie, I think smiling like that got the exact opposite reaction of what she was hoping.

Of course, I could be all wrong and they could've shot her smiling during an entirely different segment but they placed it here to make it look like it was during the announcement. That's the beauty of reality tv...they can put whatever spin on it they want!

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I was just looking for those comments myself and had to look for several times because I did not see them either.  Glad to see it's not just me.

Erica's comment from Holly's Instagram post last night. Someone was asking about it.Screenshot_20170818-091806.thumb.png.15e7ee771cf217f23672d131dbbd1542.png

Edited by Domistar

Well MAYBE she was looking happy for her team mates that made it back and smiling for them? I mean thats how I would interpret that. I know Allie was cut, but I wouldn't "fully believe" everything and read into the way the numbers was called out too "seriously" if that make sense. I am just saying that because on some of the previous seasons, there was proof and showings where the edit was done "badly" (if you would say that) because those previous seasons, there has been several times when Kelli has said "and the last person invited into training camp is ...." and the camera would then cut to the girls still sitting down and you would still see some of the girls who actually made it into training camp and the team. So I wouldn't look into the "why is she coming across happy and smiling when she got cut" when thats prob from the last year where she was trained to be constantly "look happy and be smiling all the time because the camera would be on you, just that you don't know when it would be on you" (and Kelli did say that during feedback in previous seasons)

51 minutes ago, etak227 said:

Well Holly DO IT PLEASE. I would laugh WITH Holly if she did that just to see K + J's faces of "why is she shouting out instructions from that side?  Theres no mirrors that side and unless the girls are learning the moves, facing the walls/back of the studio (so they can watch Holly "teach" the new moves) then there'd be mistakes" I'd laugh just to see that. Honestly.

48 minutes ago, RhiRhi said:

Erm I have amazon prime and I definitely cannot watch it on amazon because it is definitely not on UK Amazon. I know its on US Amazon I tried that years ago, when UK tv broadcasters, refused to show season 9 onwards (believe me I have my tv set to record all DCC MTT whenever it is on tv over here without me checking when its on tv). Believe me. If video is on the US sites (eg US Amazon or US iTunes, US Netflix etc) you cannot buy it to watch, because you will just be told along the lines to "GET A US BANK ACCOUNT BEFORE PAYING". I know. That is why I made the previous comment where the US iTunes, US Amazon, US Netflix (Are some of the examples) where you cannot watch or purchase from them sites". It may work for those in other countries but def not in the UK and I am not going into all that hassle just to watch it here because I don't really want to be constantly switching accounts just to watch. Season 9 to 11, I got lucky to the extent that someone put the episodes onto youtube and I managed to watch them all once before youtube took it all down a few days later.

I def wont be going into all that hassle with US iTunes simply because I have enough apple products and I know apple can penalise you heavily if they found out and I haven't got the energy for if and when they do (nor the money depending what they would do and how they see it etc if you get me) and also the same reason of constantly switching between my actual UK itunes account and the us one just to watch it on iTunes, because I can accidentally purchase something from the US account and have the item accidentally sent to the US account (yes it can happen accidentally as I do buy things from Amazon often, and it is also working out the each days "changing" currency to switch money into an account that is only to be used to purchase DCC MTT episodes)

34 minutes ago, NorthernM said:

@Dcc fan Try here : https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dinstant-video&field-keywords=Dallas+Cowboys+Cheerleaders%3A+Making+The+Team

If you want to watch for free on cmt you need to have a vpn-blocker like freedome (so your computer thinks you are in the US) and someone's cable company login from the US. Too much hassle in my mind. I am abroad too and Amazon works fine. 

Edited by Dcc fan
53 minutes ago, etak227 said:

/editing my post. I posted that maybe Allie was relieved in not making the team as room mate Holly was not on it.. However- that doesn't work on the timing of the airing of the show. At the time this was recorded, Holly was on the team as having made training camp... Sorry about- my brain had a blip in the time line factor ;)

Edited by maineborzoi
confused the time line
On 8/17/2017 at 10:23 AM, countrygirl1689 said:

Did anyone watch Michelle Keys's insta story from last night? Someone who either is Holly or looks like her was there. You can't ever see her face though. This is a bad screenshot but...

IMG_9731.PNG

If anyone still cares - The red head in this picture is not Holly. I used to dance with the girl shown in college.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

Keep in mind that Allie and Holly were roommates.. If the rumors are true, and Holly is no longer on the team, this might explain why Allie is not as sad as reasoned in not making the team....

Well do we actually know the "real" reason why they are not house mates anymore tho? I mean the girls are constantly changing flatmates etc. I mean Danielle WAS housemates with Jasmine in their rookie year and they are "still" best mates etc. (Just an example) I mean who was that rookie who went house hunting with Jessica Marie (I forgot her name) and was then housemate with Jessica that year (no idea if they stayed housemate the whole year)?

1 minute ago, Dcc fan said:

Well do we actually know the "real" reason why they are not house mates anymore tho? I mean the girls are constantly changing flatmates etc. I mean Danielle WAS housemates with Jasmine in their rookie year and they are "still" best mates etc. (Just an example) I mean who was that rookie who went house hunting with Jessica Marie (I forgot her name) and was then housemate with Jessica that year (no idea if they stayed housemate the whole year)?

I was going back to edit my post.. At the date the ones that made training camp, Holly was on the team... It would be a later fall out, so the train of thought did not work.. ;)

1 hour ago, etak227 said:

I thought it was weird too that Allie was smiling so big!  And I am so happy I am not the only one that thinks Heather H's smile looks like a chipmunk! lol  She is an incredible dancer.  I just never saw her as a DCC, so when she made it last year I was surprised.

• Love 3

@Dcc fan I feel your pain. However, maintaining a US iTunes account is as simple as purchasing a gift card valid for the US iTunes Store. You then set up the account with the gift card and do not need a credit card. Of course you do need to log in and out at the bottom of the iTunes Store screen to switch between your regular account and the US one to download the episodes, but it's great for searching for music and books and other things that aren't offered on your own country's store too.

ETA the gift cards are offered by lots of different providers online and on eBay.

Edited by Pinknblue
  • Love 2

Allie's face made me laugh, I think she had a feeling they weren't going to take her back and that was a sarcastic smile

If you go to the DCC Twitter Account, please scroll down a little to a posted GIF labeled:

"Happy tears when you find out you are going to training camp! Find out who makes it tonight on a new episode of #DCCMakingtheTeam."  

The GIF shows Kalyssa crying happy tears of joy and running up after her name is called.  Last night's episode -- (assuming it was edited to reflect the reality) -- showed that Kalyssa was the final name called into Training Camp.

If you look at the bottom of that GIF you see little Heather H. fretting and holding her emotions in right as that last name is called and she realizes that she will not be coming back this year.  Heather H. in that moment figuratively breaks your heart as you can see her sweet demeanor giving way to what must have been a torrent of tears.  They could have just as aptly labeled that GIF "Tears of sadness", and they should have, because it is Heather whom I am focused on and feeling for.

• Love 6

Since we know the team, who is yalls favorite rookie? Mine is definitely Lexie, IMO she is the prettiest on the entire team! I also was watching old episodes and noticed she tried out for DCC before Mavs, and got cut at Semis. Love a good come back girl! 

I also think Alexis is gorgeous too! I'm not sure if she's tried out in the past or not. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Since we know the team, who is yalls favorite rookie? Mine is definitely Lexie, IMO she is the prettiest on the entire team! I also was watching old episodes and noticed she tried out for DCC before Mavs, and got cut at Semis. Love a good come back girl! 

I also think Alexis is gorgeous too! I'm not sure if she's tried out in the past or not. 

Gina and Lexie so far, in what has been shown, are my rookie favorites. Love Rachael too :)

As far as last nights show, I did love how Kitty hugged and consoled Holly after the wardrobe mishap.

• Love 2

finally an explanation of the "move" they kept doing. Didn't know it was a thing! I remember when they used to pass the penny during USO performances. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

finally an explanation of the "move" they kept doing. Didn't know it was a thing! I remember when they used to pass the penny during USO performances. 

Is that the move that resulted in Holly dropping her top? JENNA SET HER UP.

• Love 20
9 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Danielle and Maddie liked but did not comment. Erica was the only dcc to comment. If you see otherwise could you post it on here because I can't see it and I'm curious as to what they said.

Look at my response right above this. So who is the other vet cut other than erica?

@WichitaStateShock Allie, Heather H, Raylee were cut at finals.  Erica injured and I'm unclear exactly what Holly P's status is until I see it on the show.

3 minutes ago, DCCFAN1998 said:

Im dying to know if all the rumors on this thread are true! lol I wish they would hurry up and give more hints 

Only ones being showed right now are the vets 

This is ShellyB's reply to how many girls made the team. At the beginning of TC, there were 25 rookies and 19? TC Candidates:

2017 GLs are:

Jenna & Amy

Jinelle & Bess

Lacey & Robin

KaShara & Heather O

All the groups have been reset so there are 9 in each group. 36 DCC on the team announced last night. Rookies are Alexandria, Alexis, Christina, Gina, Kalyssa, Keyra, Lauren, Lexie, Miranda, Molly, Rachel, Savannah & Tara

This season on MTT will be interesting!

Thirteen rookies and twenty three vets for a total of 36. Two vets were either cut or left the squad, so I bet dollars to donuts Holly is one of the two vets who left or was cut.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

This is ShellyB's reply to how many girls made the team. At the beginning of TC, there were 25 rookies and 19? TC Candidates:

Thirteen rookies and twenty three vets for a total of 36. Two vets were either cut or left the squad, so I bet dollars to donuts Holly is one of the two vets who left or was cut.

I think it's very safe to say that holly is gone, she isn't at meet the team tonight.

• Love 1

hold the phone... ERICA got cut???  her injury get worse??

Was it me or did they purposely not mention Sheridan in the 3 episodes thus far as a returning training camp candidate?  Does anyone know why that was?

And I'm glad the show is moving into training camp - i cannot stand the E! network guy.... I still don't know what purpose he has....

i'm finding the new, drawn out format interesting....  i do like the deeper explanations of things - and i love the insight into the veterans experience, but other parts seem to be a waste and a drag.  i hope the editing gets better as the season progresses.

• Love 1