Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 02/10/2017 at 5:02 PM, kharlan25 said:

I honestly didn't understand why K&J were against the weights...that is what they had Mackenzie do, and it is what we did back when I was on dance team.  It really does help, along with stretching like crazy every time you watch tv.

It so does! I always used weights when I skated too. If I couldn't' get a jump or I wasn't getting high enough to get my rotations in fast enough, I'd always train with weights so that when I took them off i went a lot higher and faster. I was always told to stretch with weights for my tighter(generally your stronger)side. I was always super flexible to the left and super tight on the right so used weights and it helped a lot.

• Love 2

I can't remember where I saw it (Caila's IG maybe?), but there was a dance class video of Holly, Jenna, Maddie and Caila (and one other girl, but I for got who it was, maybe Victoria Kalina) and they were dancing in a triangle and it looked awesome. I'm so mad at Holly, Jenna and Erica for messing up; for all their issues off the field, they were great dancers and I feel like we've been cheated of seeing a fantastic front line.  

Breelan's sister is gorgeous; not sure if she dances or not, but she definitely has the DCC look. 

• Love 2

This afternoon on Facebook & Twitter DCC MTT posted a video preview for Thursday's show.  At the end of the video Kelli is cutting someone wearing a teal colored shirt.  Could this be Holly?  After all, usually the girls are still wearing their rehearsal pink and blue outfits, correct?  Maybe Holly showed up to the rehearsal (late) and before she could quit, she got cut?  Just a thought!

IMG_2604.JPG

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

This afternoon on Facebook & Twitter DCC MTT posted a video preview for Thursday's show.  At the end of the video Kelli is cutting someone wearing a teal colored shirt.  Could this be Holly?  After all, usually the girls are still wearing their rehearsal pink and blue outfits, correct?  Maybe Holly showed up to the rehearsal (late) and before she could quit, she got cut?  Just a thought!

IMG_2604.JPG

That’s her computer screen. Pretty sure it’s still a quitting situation, someone on FB said she doesn’t show up for practice and sent a nasty email or something. Who knows if that’s legit or not, but bailey did say she wrote them a nasty letter. 

• Love 1

I don't think that's someone's shirt, I think it's the edge of something else.  It's too straight to be a person I think.  I don't know about the nasty email, but I know she just doesn't show up.  So immature.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

That’s her computer screen. Pretty sure it’s still a quitting situation, someone on FB said she doesn’t show up for practice and sent a nasty email or something. Who knows if that’s legit or not, but bailey did say she wrote them a nasty letter. 

Ha! I need to get my eyes checked.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Do other teams care about fraternization, or would they rather like to pick up a former DCC?

I think she could dance/cheer again. Sit out for a year - to mature and to get over 21 .

Let's face it - sometimes the bad boy/girl is what people want. people have gone to prison to come out back on top. Hell, there are people who died and their estate is still making money (ie MJ , tupac, etc). She lied, had sex with the wrong person(s) and drank underage. I think there is someone who can let that go in a few years IF she can still bring it on the dance floor.

Not to be insulting, but I'm sure there are cheerleading clubs for all sports who are not as picky as the DCC . they just want you to dance at home games , stay out of the news and they would be happy - ie the competition or the club itself isn't as strong. And there are dance opportunities like the Rockettes, some musical artist tour, etc. Don't know if she is able or wants to teach choreography.

Basically, her DCC days ended before she wanted them to, for a sad reason, but surely she must have thought what was she going to do 3 years from now. she just has to put her 'life-after-dcc' plan into action earlier.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

a96785_a495_fat-barbie.jpg

How I see Holly turning out . . . 

Mean. I wish this girl the best. Man I made some humdinger mistakes when I was young. She's beautiful and oh so talented. Anything that makes the world a better place is a good thing, and I find true joy in watching her dance. One day at a time girl. One day at a time. 

Edited by Jessinvirginia
  • Love 13
On 9/23/2017 at 5:45 AM, dreamcatcher said:

That's true! However I used Jenna as an example because we did get the inside info last year, plus that weird talk about leadership in the beginning of this season, plus her suspension... it's clear she isn't their strongest leader-not that she is a bad person or a repeat offender, but they felt the need to talk to her about leadership even though she's been a leader before so there were issues last year with her for sure. That's why I think kicking Erica off so easily was a mistake. Whitney made a huge mistake that actually embarasses the organization and people were expecting Kelli to kick her off, but she stood by her. Aand then Whitney went on to become one of the best points they've ever had and a great leader. I don't think people would care just as much about "rumours" of a cheerleader drinking when they let go a cheerleader being openly racist.

I don’t believe for one second that Whitney was racist.  I think she was just naive when she dressed up as LOL Wayne for Halloween. To say she was “openly racist” is just ridiculous. 

On 9/30/2017 at 10:53 AM, Trixi said:

Does anyone feel as I do that the reason Jenna wasn't cut was because her indiscretion was with the QB?  If it was some lower profile player I think the disciplinary action may have been different.  I'm sure no one in the organization wants to chance messing with the QB's mind, and if he's any kind of man, he wud feel guilty if she got cut for hanging with him. 

I wonder why they’re not allowed to fraterinize with the players anyway? What’s the harm in that?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

a96785_a495_fat-barbie.jpg

How I see Holly turning out . . . 

I would say this represents a lot of us, ha!

Holly, go be amazing in whatever you decide to do in life. I just loved watching her dance. She is effortless and has a gift. 

• Love 21
3 hours ago, MonicaTx said:

I wonder why they’re not allowed to fraterinize with the players anyway? What’s the harm in that?

I'm sure if it was allowed some girls would try out just to try to score a pro football playing husband. Also to protect the brand, could you imagine the reputation the DCC would have if they were allowed to date players? Probably not "America's Sweethearts".

Edited by beachespeaches
forgot a word
  • Love 3

A few years ago the Denver Broncos QB was dating and married a cheerleader. Not only were they cool with it, she wore a bikini with his number on it for their calendar *shrug* 

9 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

IMG_2604.JPG

Kelli is just gorgeous here.  Love her top.

8 hours ago, sATL said:

Do other teams care about fraternization, or would they rather like to pick up a former DCC?

They do care.  We wrote about it a few pages back.  Someone said that the Raiderettes have a looser rule than the rest of the NFL teams but it is standard for cheerleaders in the NFL and the NBA...no fraternizing!!!!  

• Love 4

Tickets to see the L.A. Rams play at home at USC's Memorial Coliseum have been selling for as little as $6 (!!!), and the stadium is only half filled.  I am surprised they can't just get USC students to walk over and at least full up the stadium.  But any of you a short day's drive from L.A. should come out for an inexpensive NFL game.  

• Love 1
9 hours ago, beachespeaches said:

I'm sure if it was allowed some girls would try out just to try to score a pro football playing husband. Also to protect the brand, could you imagine the reputation the DCC would have if they were allowed to date players? Probably not "America's Sweethearts".

The whole DCC mystique is around being very sexy, very approachable -- yet completely unavailable. They are untouchable. This allows them to wear those outfits they wear and do the dances they do without being perceived as slutty. This is how they can call themselves America's Sweethearts and have mothers buying their little girls replica outfits and taking them to DCC camp. This is how they can get invited to prestigious events and get paid good money for appearances, and make money off of sponsorships. That "good girl" reputation is everything to the DCC, and that mystique is why they have a tv show and why they are big business.

If it gets out that one cheerleader slept with a Cowboy, who cares, right? Everyone expects it to happen now and again. They're consenting adults. But the rumor mill churns. It gets out that another one has done it and another one. Pretty soon it's "common knowledge" that all the DCC sleep with the Cowboys. At that point, you can't convince anyone it's not true. That's the type of thing gossipy people can't wait to spread around, and if they don't have enough facts, they're more than willing to fill in the blanks with creative speculation that gets repeated until it becomes "fact". The next thing you know, everyone thinks the DCC are the personal harem for the football team or other team employees. The people who say "nobody cares who the DCC sleep with" are still more than happy to repeat -and believe- the story.

Right now, the DCC are treated like princesses everywhere they go. Nothing but the best. That would change. All of a sudden, there's a lot less respect. Male fans are a lot less gentlemanly. They're a little more grabby, a little more offensive in their comments to the cheerleaders and about the cheerleaders online. Women are looking at them with disdain instead of envy/admiration. Those invites from the reputable or family-oriented businesses dry up. Who wants the DCC to visit when all anyone will be talking about is who they've slept with? Bye bye tv show. Bye bye all expenses paid calendar trips to 5 star resorts. Bye bye Barbie. The sponsorships dry up. The opportunities being offered are much lower rent than they used to be.

Kelli and the organization have spent decades growing this business, building their brand and cultivating their reputation. Sexy enough to be a little titillating and keep guys interested, sexy enough to be aspirational for women, but not so sexy it's a turn off. It's a delicate balance. And Kelli is not going to risk her reputation and all the time and energy spent because a couple of young women on the team don't understand what's at stake, and are more concerned about their personal lives and freedom to do whatever they want than upholding an agreement they committed to.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 21
9 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

Funny how she is all about the Chiefs now... I mean I know her mom was a cheerleader back in the day but really ? I bet she will be on their squad next year. 

I hope so - how fun would that be?  After all, she's a Missouri girl - so why not the Chiefs???  Alexandria defected from her native home and the Patriots to go become a Cowboys cheerleader.  Patriots cheerleaders are not allowed to stay on the team more than 4 years, giving opportunity for new dancers.

14 hours ago, MonicaTx said:

I don’t believe for one second that Whitney was racist.  I think she was just naive when she dressed up as LOL Wayne for Halloween. To say she was “openly racist” is just ridiculous. 

If they were so determined to hang with players then Jenna and Holly should of taken notes out of Paige's book. lololol

Edited by DCCFAN71
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

If the cut tonight is Brennan, then we can pretty much guarantee that the Erica situation will never be addressed.

Not necessarily, since I think this episode is still before HoF. It may be Taryn, but I feel like they still aren’t going to show Erica because of no scenes with her this season like they did with Holly leading up to her cut. 

• Love 1

I wonder if Holly would consider University of Louisville? So Sharp was my newest reality show addiction and they are all technically trained dancers. Education plus more airtime seems like a possible next step.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Tonight ?  Did the show move to Wednesday night?

I'm sorry..I thought today was Thursday..smh. Wishful thinking

49 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Not necessarily, since I think this episode is still before HoF. It may be Taryn, but I feel like they still aren’t going to show Erica because of no scenes with her this season like they did with Holly leading up to her cut. 

That's true..but wasn't Taryn released like the last day of TC? She had a IG story with her and Kelli in their practice uniforms.

5 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

If it gets out that one cheerleader slept with a Cowboy, who cares, right? Everyone expects it to happen now and again. They're consenting adults. But the rumor mill churns. It gets out that another one has done it and another one. Pretty soon it's "common knowledge" that all the DCC sleep with the Cowboys. At that point, you can't convince anyone it's not true. That's the type of thing gossipy people can't wait to spread around, and if they don't have enough facts, they're more than willing to fill in the blanks with creative speculation that gets repeated until it becomes "fact". The next thing you know, everyone thinks the DCC are the personal harem for the football team or other team employees. The people who say "nobody cares who the DCC sleep with" are still more than happy to repeat -and believe- the story.

If Nik Ritchie from "The Dirty" gets a hold of any of that kind of gossip, yikes!! That is one place you do not want your photo.

It has been reported by multiple sources that Holly was accepting of her punishment for fraternizing with players, but then her mom got involved and told Holly that she had no right to be treated that way and that she (Holly) was the victim in all this.  From there, things escalated to the point of Holly quitting.  So, another helicopter parent strikes again, destroying their child's career.

• Love 4

Ahhh, well, if that is true, about her mom interfering, then yeah, it's her mom's fault. YIKES! Poor Holly if that's the case. She was a victim of her mom if anything. That also explains why she didn't just quit during the meeting, she had every intention of taking her punishment and coming back, but then a "pep talk" from mom changed everything.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

It has been reported by multiple sources that Holly was accepting of her punishment for fraternizing with players, but then her mom got involved and told Holly that she had no right to be treated that way and that she (Holly) was the victim in all this.  From there, things escalated to the point of Holly quitting.  So, another helicopter parent strikes again, destroying their child's career.

If you are not Gina, than you are definitely a DCC affiliate.

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Who’s your “sources” because this is news to me...

• Love 5
2 hours ago, NCDCCFan said:

I wonder if Holly would consider University of Louisville? So Sharp was my newest reality show addiction and they are all technically trained dancers. Education plus more airtime seems like a possible next step.

So glad Im not alone!  ALthough so many of the girls I want to grab and shake and teach how to apply eyeliner because the way half of them are doing it just drags their eyes down and ages so hard and it drives me crazy. you can apply dramatic eyeliner (so it can be seen in the stands) without it dragging down the eye shape.

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, NCDCCFan said:

I totally got hooked on that show as well! I hope it comes back for a second season. I love how it showed all the drama, cattiness, and favoritism between the girls/teammates and coach. Making The Team doesn't show ANY of that (and we all know it goes down behind the scenes!)

39 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

So glad Im not alone!  ALthough so many of the girls I want to grab and shake and teach how to apply eyeliner because the way half of them are doing it just drags their eyes down and ages so hard and it drives me crazy. you can apply dramatic eyeliner (so it can be seen in the stands) without it dragging down the eye shape.

Some of those girls need a serious spray tan as well! 

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Who’s your “sources” because this is news to me...

Ditto. I've heard a lot of chatter from trustworthy sources on her quitting and there's no mention of mom's input. Of course, a mom is going to stick up for her daughter so that's no surprise. Mom may've encouraged her to quit just to get her back home and away from the Evil Big City. It still falls back on Holly though, to take the mature route and do what's right for her

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

I totally got hooked on that show as well! I hope it comes back for a second season. I love how it showed all the drama, cattiness, and favoritism between the girls/teammates and coach. Making The Team doesn't show ANY of that (and we all know it goes down behind the scenes!)

Some of those girls need a serious spray tan as well! 

YES,

and better weaves. I can't imagine how much some of them are spending on bad hair and worse makeup. Gabrielle, hun, I don't wanna pick on you (and that awful eyeliner) but her blush and bronzer disaster on her cheeks...it pains me. almost as much as her complaining.. I want to love her, because she does work so hard, but the whinging and the godawful makeup and hair choices just make me super meh to her

• Love 2
7 hours ago, WickedMom said:

I hope so - how fun would that be?  After all, she's a Missouri girl - so why not the Chiefs???  Alexandria defected from her native home and the Patriots to go become a Cowboys cheerleader.  Patriots cheerleaders are not allowed to stay on the team more than 4 years, giving opportunity for new dancers.

It's like going from Shula's Steakhouse to McDonalds

• Love 2
20 hours ago, dcc.fan.always said:

She tossed away a chance to cheer for DCC for this??? Well she certainly isn't the brightest crayon in the box....smh

Didn't those not sexy half shirts go out of style when David Lee Roth quit Van Halen? PUKE. 

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

YES,

and better weaves. I can't imagine how much some of them are spending on bad hair and worse makeup. Gabrielle, hun, I don't wanna pick on you (and that awful eyeliner) but her blush and bronzer disaster on her cheeks...it pains me. almost as much as her complaining.. I want to love her, because she does work so hard, but the whinging and the godawful makeup and hair choices just make me super meh to her

When I first watched the show I immediately came to this website to see if there was a thread started for it. There's not and there needs to be! So much to discuss!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

If Nik Ritchie from "The Dirty" gets a hold of any of that kind of gossip, yikes!! That is one place you do not want your photo.

hahaha Ask Amy Reese and Chelsea about that.

1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

News to me, too. 

I just got to watch the last episode because I was out of town. I tried to follow along with the discussion here though.

I have to say, the parts in the office with Jenna and Holly are confusing, it’s pretty obvious there were many missing parts. The biggest confusion was why they didn’t straight up ask Jenna more specific questions like “Did you go to this club with Holly?” “Did you witness her fraternizing with players?”. Instead they were very vague and seemed more annoyed at her not telling them Holly was doing this. Was Jenna not with Holly when the “fraternization” at the club was going on? If she was not, I think that may be part of the reason she was let off with a lighter warning/consequence. She also had a much better response than Holly, she was much more straight forward with Kelli and Judy. I think what Judy was going for with the “save her from a bus” thing, was she expected her to tattle on her as soon as this behavior started so maybe it didn’t get to this point and maybe as a group leader she should have been more proactive (and you know, not going to clubs with someone you know is underage).

I am not sure what Holly was trying to accomplish by completely lying to Kelli and Judy’s face. How could she not know that other people would tattle on her? It seems like it’s a rather cut throat atmosphere there where the girls will tell on you in a heartbeat so I am not sure why she would think they wouldn’t find out. I also wish they had been more specific with her about what she was guilty of doing, like “our sources saw you at such and such club on this date with players, is this true?”, then she would have had to answer more straight forward than her hedging half denial (after the total denial was obviously not going to work).

What really struck me, somewhat about Jenna but mostly about Holly, was how immature she came off. She “just wanted to have fun” and in the process threw away all she worked so hard for. She didn’t go to college like some of the girls, at least those girls probably already had a chance to let loose and have fun before becoming a DCC so this type of behavior isn’t as exciting to them. But it was her choice to go straight to being a DCC after high school and she needed to comply with the contract she signed and the expectations that are well known. It really came off like she thought she would get away with what she was doing and then when caught was thinking she could just say an apology and it would all be okay.