Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Is the humidity low in Texas compare to the south (GA/TN/AL/Carolinas)? Even after a practice that went from sunshine to moonlight, everyone seemed so crisp when they went into the studio. my hair would have been shot to hell, major sweaty/musty/sticky and probably needed an IV of fluids after being in close to 100 degree heat.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
Just now, sATL said:

Is the humidity low in Texas compare to the south? Even after a practice that went from sunshine to moonlight, everyone seemed so crisp when they went into the studio. my hair would have been shot to hell and probably needed an IV of fluids after being in close to 100 degree heat.

No, it's crazy humid here.  I live in Houston and it's 100% humidity most of the time.  Dallas is the same in the summer

3 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Spoilers are fine in here. Taryn and Erica are the last cuts.

Which is interesting because Shelly said Erica was cut/let go/left between Celina and Brennan's cut. So we will only see Taryn's.

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I’m actually surprised that they’re continuing to drag out the Jenna stuff in the next episode, but may not touch the Erica thing at all. Holly and Jenna apparently aren’t as savvy as their buddy, Erica lol. With that said, so over the Jenna/Holly thing. Between the months long discussion (and mostly speculation) about what happened and the way the show addressed it (beyond confusing), I’m ready for the show to move on.

They won't.

2 hours ago, KatherineB said:

Something tells me that Holly will be at DMD auditions next year.

Oh she can be there, but she very likely will not make the team if she auditions.

15 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Tobie Percival, she was so much prettier as a brunette imo.

I couldn’t disagree more.  Her hair was flat and it did nothing for her.  She went blonde and got extensions and it made her pop.  But that’s just my opinion.

Stupendously nitpicky question: the new choreo for Thunderstruck, is that really new choreo Or is it a tag (like tornado arms, B.B., etc) they have already done? 

I thought I heard Judy correcting the tag in this episode. 

2 hours ago, KatherineB said:

Something tells me that Holly will be at DMD auditions next year.

Holly's career as a professional cheerleader is over.  A gift from Holly's mother!  Way to go, mom!

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

Which is interesting because Shelly said Erica was cut/let go/left between Celina and Brennan's cut. So we will only see Taryn's.

They won't.

Oh she can be there, but she very likely will not make the team if she auditions.

DMD might take her.  They are known for hiring former DCC.

5 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Stupendously nitpicky question: the new choreo for Thunderstruck, is that really new choreo Or is it a tag (like tornado arms, B.B., etc) they have already done? 

I thought I heard Judy correcting the tag in this episode. 

It’s a new choreo, but only a few 8 counts. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Holly's career as a professional cheerleader is over.  A gift from Holly's mother!  Way to go, mom!

Maybe.  This time next year all this will be old, forgotten news.  So, I could easily see her trying out for DMD or Laker Girls.   Not saying she'd make it, but aside from her horrific mistakes as a DCC, he's an excellent dancer and would be an asset to any dance team if she could keep her ego in check, along with her 21 year old hormones.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

A good friend of mine cheered for a local Dallas squad (not the DCC) and she only did it to stay in shape and to stay active in dance.  She never wanted to be a DCC because they had to do too many appearances/extras and her career didn't lend itself to that kind of schedule.

Sounds really smart.

It sounds like Holly is moving out of Texas. I doubt she will return to dance on sports team.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

This whole situation is so weird to me. She obviously left on bad terms, so why show love? Especially after her snarky, passive aggressive posts earlier. I get that she wants to ride the DCC/reality tv coattails as long as possible, but geez, have a little dignity. Otherwise, what was the point of quitting? 

I think being gracious and thankful about your time on a great team and thanking those who have supported you is the right thing to do, as well as quite dignified. She's just in a position where she can't win.

29 minutes ago, LadyMsJay said:

They won't.

Do you remember when she posted this? I don't remember Shelly commenting on Erica's situation (only about her being on injure reserve). If she was cut for something that happened at the HOF game, wouldn't she have been released after Brennan's cut?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

Maybe she was talking about Jenna's talk with K&J that seemed heavily edited...basically it became "why didn't you stop Holly" and the answer should have been, "because I was dressed up and sitting right there with her". 

Maybe, however I think she would have posted that after last weeks show, not this weeks. 

1 hour ago, Jazzmom said:

No, Holly was just 18 and I believe Kelli's daughter was in high school.  They were the same age and I'm sure I've seen pics where the kids hang around some of the practices etc.   They all seemed like great friends etc but then Kelli's daughter went off to college.  I'm sure when DCC is all encompassing and you are the youngest it is hard to find people to do things with that are age appropriate. Holly started to hang with Jenna and looked what happened!  Lol

There were othe 18 year old DCCs. Holly also knew Allie from competitions.

Holly knew what she was doing when she befriended Sam Finglass. Remember how suddenly Sam was convinced she was going to be a DCC herself? I think that was Holly's influence. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Holly knew what she was doing when she befriended Sam Finglass. Remember how suddenly Sam was convinced she was going to be a DCC herself? I think that was Holly's influence. 

This doesn't really belong here but I don't know how to move it to Small Talk....

How does Holly know Samantha? Where was it said Sam was convinced she was going to be a DCC?  Was it before she graduated HS or since she's been @ TA&M?

17 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

This doesn't really belong here but I don't know how to move it to Small Talk....

How does Holly know Samantha? Where was it said Sam was convinced she was going to be a DCC?  Was it before she graduated HS or since she's been @ TA&M?

Holly knew Sam from DCC. That's it. She kissed butt. Her mom was all "oh, my baby from a one stoplight town needs help in the big city" and the Finglassses fell for it.

Sam was going to all the prep class and telling people she was going to be a Dcc. Posted pics on her Insta talking about how when she and Holly would be on the field together as DCC.

Major girl crush. Pitiful. This was before she started college.

Sam and Holly are the same age but Holly homefooled her last couple years for dance so already graduated.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

There were othe 18 year old DCCs. Holly also knew Allie from competitions.

Yep. I don’t buy for a second that those friendships just happened organically. Not saying that it’s dumb, as making strategic friendships has helped a lot of people get ahead in life, but still, it is what it is. The Holly/Jenna “friendship” seemed strategic as well for both, which unfortunately ended up being more trouble than it was worth. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Holly knew Sam from DCC. That's it. She kissed butt. Her mom was all "oh, my baby from a one stoplight town needs help in the big city" and the Finglassses fell for it.

Sam was going to all the prep class and telling people she was going to be a Dcc. Posted pics on her Insta talking about how when she and Holly would be on the field together as DCC.

Major girl crush. Pitiful. This was before she started college.

Sam and Holly are the same age but Holly homefooled her last couple years for dance so already graduated.

Boy I sure missed that memo....Also if true (and absolutely NOT saying it's not) this explains why Kelli seemed (to me) extra mad in the meeting with Holly (like when she basically shoved the contract at Holly "what part of this don't you understand").  This screams Holly taking advantage of Sam (and Kelli) to me.  Ban me now...

Edited by DCCFanInKy
added something
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

Kelli replied to someone's question on Twitter and said she's open to Holly trying out again next year ?

I would  bet that Judy would have her make it into finals, so she could rake her over the coals like she did the Minchew girl

• Love 8
2 hours ago, sATL said:

Is the humidity low in Texas compare to the south (GA/TN/AL/Carolinas)? Even after a practice that went from sunshine to moonlight, everyone seemed so crisp when they went into the studio. my hair would have been shot to hell, major sweaty/musty/sticky and probably needed an IV of fluids after being in close to 100 degree heat.

Depends on which part of Texas. Coastal areas (including Houston) are crazy, swampy humid. North Texas tends to be somewhat humid but not as bad as when I lived near the water. 

Normally it's the heat that wilted me...so I don't know how you Houstonians survive! Doubly humid and just as hot. Or hotter! 

31 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Holly would have to be completely clueless and have absolutely no shame whatsoever to re-audition for the DCC.  So yeah, I guess I could see it happening . . .

Just like Kenley MInchew who came back the next season after quitting TC.

5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Just like Kenley MInchew who came back the next season after quitting TC.

I often wonder if it was her sister's idea to try out for the squad knowing they would need time off for pageant duties during TC or regular football season. They should have not been brought into TC, and I bet dollars to donuts it was someone else who wanted them in TC because I am not buying Kelli and/or Judy wanted them in TC.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

I often wonder if it was her sister's idea to try out for the squad knowing they would need time off for pageant duties during TC or regular football season. They should have not been brought into TC, and I bet dollars to donuts it was someone else who wanted them in TC because I am not buying Kelli and/or Judy wanted them in TC.

Probably Charlotte. I think she wanted Paula Tabares in season 5 because of her "exotic look". Kind of funny because Kenley never made TC and Paula was cut from TC but they both ended up in the Mavs that year.

Cosmo story clue, used this one before but last nights episode reinforced it -

"The constant negative feedback and constraining rules were murdering my self-esteem"

Judy was on the warpath last night, she went full Kitty Carter on the team.  These last two episodes have been intense, not the fun bubbly episodes from years past. There is and edge to Season 12, and I kinda like it, feels more real. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

As they have said, anyone can try out, it doesn't mean they will even get to training camp.

Which explains why (and why CMT "features") the absurdly horrible dancers and people who don't necessarily have the DCC "look" that audition. (remind me again, would those people have had to sign a release to be featured or is just auditioning enough to get you featured?)

56 minutes ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

There is and edge to Season 12, and I kinda like it, feels more real. 

As it should have been all along......

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Kind of funny because Kenley never made TC and Paula was cut from TC but they both ended up in the Mavs that year.

I thought Lacey and Kenley Minchew BOTH made one year then Kenley tried again and didn't make TC (or is that what you meant and I just need to clean my glasses?)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Computer not cooperating....can I THROW it?
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

They should have not been brought into TC, and I bet dollars to donuts it was someone else who wanted them in TC because I am not buying Kelli and/or Judy wanted them in TC.

I wouldn't say "probably Charlotte"...more like "definitely" (I'll reference my recent comment about Charlotte whispering "No" during someone's solo performance.  What Charlotte wants Charlotte gets) 

OK I'm gonna stop replying for the night....surprised this thing didn't merge this reply with all the rest.  Goodnight all! :)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
More computer issues
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Which explains why (and why CMT "features") the absurdly horrible dancers and people who don't necessarily have the DCC "look" that audition. (remind me again, would those people have had to sign a release to be featured or is just auditioning enough to get you featured?)

As it should have been all along......

I thought Lacey and Kenley Minchew BOTH made one year then Kenley tried again and didn't make TC (or is that what you meant and I just need to clean my glasses?)

Lacey and Kenley made TC in Season 4, but they both left after Lacey was called into the office for poor dancing skills and appearing snotty and plastic like. Kenley tried again in Season 5, but she was on Judy's shit list and was cut at finals. She went on and made the Maverick dance squad.

8 hours ago, gnesty said:

Where everything is online now it's better to put "dignity" out there.  And I'm sure Holly made lifelong friends.  But LA is a different ball game it will chew and spit out the entire squad.  There are thousands and thousands trying to make it.  I hope she find her way.  

Absolutely ! And now saddled with what any employer would see as a possible risk- sexual harassment if a relationship went back with dating a fellow " employee"....

After all the Holly/Jenna mess, I'm really intrigued to see how Erica's story plays out on the show. Seems to be shaping up into an Amy Reese-esque disappearing act and we'll never see anything about it. Erica hasn't been mentioned at all on the show since she made training camp. And we only see glimpses of her, almost by accident.

Too much drama for one year to include her story, I guess. Or legal action prevailed to keep it quiet.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

What Charlotte wants Charlotte gets

I could not agree more, especially after last season seeing the death glare Charlotte gave Judy when Judy said she wasn't impressed with Yuko.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

After all the Holly/Jenna mess, I'm really intrigued to see how Erica's story plays out on the show. Seems to be shaping up into an Amy Reese-esque disappearing act and we'll never see anything about it. Erica hasn't been mentioned at all on the show since she made training camp. And we only see glimpses of her, almost by accident.

Too much drama for one year to include her story, I guess. Or legal action prevailed to keep it quiet.

And don't forget Season 6 when one year vet Olivia S. was cut at finals, and we do not have a clue on why she was cut.

2 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I thought Lacey and Kenley Minchew BOTH made one year then Kenley tried again and didn't make TC (or is that what you meant and I just need to clean my glasses?)

I'm re wording my post: 

In season 5 (2010):

Kenley who did not make it back to TC (cut @ finals)

Paula Tabares who made it to TC  but was cut 

Lauren Gibler who was also cut at finals

All  3 ended up on the Mavs 2010-11  squad. 

Reminds me of season 3  (2008)  when they cut 3 DCC vets, 2 TCCs and 1 finalist and all of them ended up on the Mavs squad in 2008.

13 minutes ago, ClosetBachJunkie said:

Let's be real y'all, they've basically done their best to edit Erica out of the show thus far.  They didn't announce her as a group leader, no "talking heads" at all, not even any dance clips.  They aren't going to address her cut on the show.

I agree.  She'll just disappear like Amy Reese, Rebecca, and Sintia did; gone with no explanation.

• Love 2

My two cents on Jenna. I have been a fan of hers since she first tried out. Her love of the DCC organization has been evident since her first year. She screwed up, we all agree, whether the whole truth was shown on the show is to be debated. To blame a dancer for the actions of another dancer is wrong, I don't care if she is a group leader or not. Holly was an adult, yes an immature adult, but an adult nonetheless. Jenna is not much older, but is older; that in no way means she is responsible for the actions of the other adult. If she was with Holly and in a relationship of sorts with one of the players, she would've been released or "encouraged" to resign as Holly was. Jenna has paid a high price for her actions. She was kept back from the HoF game and it was quite clear from Thursday's episode that she will no longer be point. She showed maturity in accepting her punishment with class and grace. Advocating for herself (which we see in next week's preview) is something anyone would do in her situation. I feel sorry for her because I think Kelli and Judy do not want her on the team and are punishing her in many ways.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Jenna, if you are reading this, I hope all the time and energy you are giving and have given to the organization is worth the humiliation you must be going through watching this all play out on TV. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Holly would have to be completely clueless and have absolutely no shame whatsoever to re-audition for the DCC.  So yeah, I guess I could see it happening . . .

I can't see her being clueless at all. Arrogant eough to try? Sure.  I doubt when the deadline to send in the app hits, that she'll risk the humiliation.  There's no way in hell Kelli or Judy will let her back.

44 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

They didn't fire Erica until after HOF so if they're going to show it, I would hope it would be in the next episode or two. 

I realize this is petty, but I'd like to see that meeting! I simply can't believe that girl thought she could break the rules, drink on the job in public, take a PIC of her doing that, share it on Snapchat, lie about ALL of it, and GET AWAY WITH IT. I want to understand how her mind worked that she actually thought  any of that was rational.  There are kids in high school with more commonsense than to do that crap, so I'd love to see why she thought she was special.

Hopefully CMT/DCC and Charlotte Jones tell her to stuff her threats of legal action, because at this point, IMO if anyone deserves to be called out on national tv, it's not Holly or Jenna. It's Erica.  She broke contract and she signed a waiver. 'bye Felicia.

On a different subject it was great to see the blocking for Thunderstruck and KaShara called up front as point. It was pretty apparent from the girls reactions, and from what Kelli and Judy said on camera,  point girl is a big deal. The thought behind choosing that person was great to see. It was also nice to see their meeting with Tasha. As harsh as K&J can be on things, they do seem to give out praise on occasion, and I don't even care if that scene was just for the cameras (I don't think it was though).  You could tell Tasha had been working her tail off (literally!) and really appreciated that they noticed it.

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, Java said:

It was also nice to see their meeting with Tasha. As harsh as K&J can be on things, they do seem to give out praise on occasion, and I don't even care if that scene was just for the cameras (I don't think it was though).  You could tell Tasha had been working her tail off (literally!) and really appreciated that they noticed it.

When drama happens inside a company/squad/whatever, the managers (if they have a pulse) need to re-build morale.  The meeting with Tasha was a way to tell her they view her as a leader. It was a smart thing to do.

• Love 15
42 minutes ago, AZlover said:

My two cents on Jenna. I have been a fan of hers since she first tried out.

I feel sorry for her because I think Kelli and Judy do not want her on the team and are punishing her in many ways.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Jenna, if you are reading this, I hope all the time and energy you are giving and have given to the organization is worth the humiliation you must be going through watching this all play out on TV. 

This. This. This.

I’ve loved Jenna ever since her horribly

forced line during her rookie auditions. Hate that it has to be this way for her. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

This. This. This.

I’ve loved Jenna ever since her horribly

forced line during her rookie auditions. Hate that it has to be this way for her. 

Don't forget, K&J talked to Jenna about being a leader and the expectations.  And then she does this.  That's why they are being so hard on her.

• Love 7

Oh I just can't like Gina yet.  She seems full of it...her 'team building' info could have been discovered by watching previous episodes.   There is just something about her that doesn't seem sincere. 

• Love 10

It will be weird if they don't address Erica's cut because every single episode Kelli brings up how many girls are left. "We are down to 40 girls and will start the season with a squad of 36"......(next episode) "We now have 39 girls, and have 3 more cuts to make our squad of 36". My point being that if they are going to talk about numbers over and over, the viewing audience can do the math and will easily notice if one week there are 37 girls then BOOM! it's the DCC Meet and Greet with a squad of 36.....

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Livelaughlovetexas said:

So I'm confused and everyone please help me! Holly and Erica what happened with them?! The show obvi trying to hide everything.... 

Holly was dating a player, Erica was drinking at Hall of Fame game. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Don't forget, K&J talked to Jenna about being a leader and the expectations.  And then she does this.  That's why they are being so hard on her.

This! I think she’s a fantastic dancer but she knew what being a group leader entailed. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UT2004gal said:

It will be weird if they don't address Erica's cut because every single episode Kelli brings up how many girls are left. "We are down to 40 girls and will start the season with a squad of 36"......(next episode) "We now have 39 girls, and have 3 more cuts to make our squad of 36". My point being that if they are going to talk about numbers over and over, the viewing audience can do the math and will easily notice if one week there are 37 girls then BOOM! it's the DCC Meet and Greet with a squad of 36.....

I completely agree! Viewers will absolutely notice the numbers not adding up. Then throw in the fact that Erica is a popular vet; people will want answers.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Theoretically, if Christina got Holly’s spot... why couldn’t Brennan take Erica’s?

Unfortunately, I think Savannah or Rachel took that spot :(

• Love 1