Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Spooky said:

The season isn't too far along; would they/have they ever cut some one during the season and brought another girl in? 

I have a weird recollection where they cut someone but then brought them back to training camp? Does anyone else recall this?

Long time lurker, love this thread! I'm sad that Brennan got cut, I think she would have been a great representative for the team and only continued to get better.  I think Kalyssa and Lauren will be fantastic though! Kalyssa looked like she could have been placed on the team right from the beginning and Lauren just dazzles--a nurse and show group, talk about an accomplished person. As for Holly, she's young.  A hard lesson to learn but I can't imagine navigating that world at 18, 20...  it makes me cringe to think of some of the mistakes I made in my 20's.

22 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Dulce was one of my faves. :)

Dream squad:

Evan Anderson (Gorgeous on the inside and out)

Deryn Derbigny (Went through Katrina/awesome dancer.)

Erica Jenkins (Loved it when she got her revenge body and KILLED it during squad photo shoot.)

Brittany Evans (Sweet as pie.)

Justine Phillips (Not afraid to own up to her short comings.)

Jordan Chanley (Humble. Smiled her way to K&He's hearts.)

Dulce Rosales (One hit wonder I wish cheered for more.)

Whitney Ott (Did not let Mommy hood stop her.)

Brooke Sorensen (I liked her sense of humor. Photogenic.)

Sarah Clay (Really pretty, nice personality)

Megan Fox (100% DCC 100% of the time.)

Jinelle (I love, love, love her personality. She is awesome.)

Kashara (Not a shy bone in her body.)

Kalyssa (Hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.)

Nicole Hamilton (Great dancer, athletic, ready to help the rookies.)

Whitney Isleib (Rose above her bad decisions.)

Natalie Woods ( Well spoken, intelligent, mature, beautiful.)

Ashton Torres (All around awesome. Great dancer.)

Kandi Harris (Bubbly, fun, positive, athletic.)

Sunni Cranfill (Mature, gorgeous, well spoken.)

There is more, but these are the ones that stand out to me at the moment. 

I would add Mia and Jackie :)

10 hours ago, SuzySmith said:

First time posting, and I have to wonder - why all the shade for Christina?  She is on par from what I've seen with most of the others.  There's lots of mistakes, not just hers.  

I think she just comes off as desperate and not as good as she ought to be considering she tried out 4000 times.

9 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

This whole situation is so weird to me. She obviously left on bad terms, so why show love? Especially after her snarky, passive aggressive posts earlier. I get that she wants to ride the DCC/reality tv coattails as long as possible, but geez, have a little dignity. Otherwise, what was the point of quitting? 

She formally resigned. She made lifelong friends. She learned alot. Yes, it was messy, but it could have been worse. Why continue to be immature? I think showing love is appropriate because she definitely had love for the team and the organization. SHE messed up; they could have gave her the boot, but they didn't. I think it's dignified.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

This whole situation is so weird to me. She obviously left on bad terms, so why show love? Especially after her snarky, passive aggressive posts earlier. I get that she wants to ride the DCC/reality tv coattails as long as possible, but geez, have a little dignity. Otherwise, what was the point of quitting? 

Damage control. She knows she's been shown in a bad light, she wants a career in dance, the only thing she can do to mitigate it is to seem above it/like there is no bad blood.

• Love 6

I'm so glad they seem to have moved back to nice crop tops again for rehearsal wear. I hated those highneck ones, they cut into the girls underarms, were super unflattering and the last couple weeks they've been back to scoop neck tops and they look so much better.  (even if Lauren's didn't fit for love nor money, but I love her so i don't care)

• Love 2
Just now, Smplsimon said:

I found it interesting how Kelli said "it was a good decision" when she talked about Holly resigning.  Sounds like she wasn't sad to see her go.

Definitely was the best decision for her. Considering they aired out everything that was going on, had she remained on the team, for sure there would have been people paying more attention to trying to figure out "who the red haired girl slept with" or "thats the slutty cheerleader" or whatever things they would say to really distract from the cheerleaders

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, DancingForLife said:

Reading between the lines- HR 101-

Kelli released her. She was given the opportunity to resign to save face. 

Agreed completely. Kelli wanted her to go and she also wanted it to be done via a resignation. Holly just was not sophisticated enough to understand what she was being told to do. Looks like she eventually figured it out, or maybe someone off camera had a more blunt conversation and explained to her how this would all go down.

it would have been a train wreck had she tried to stay, IMHO...

• Love 9
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I agree. Holly quit a few months ago. She's had time to think about it. Maybe she realized she made a mistake, maybe she's had some growth, or maybe she just wanted to save face. 

I quit a bullshit job 7 years ago and I bitched about it for years. In public, however, when I talk about the organization and my former co-workers, I am all smiles and rainbows. 

Yeah, exactly. I think we (collectively,  not anyone in particular) put these girls in positions where they can’t win. When Holly was being immature and posting petty stuff, she got called out for it. Now, she finally shows some graciousness, and she is criticized as well. If Jenna puts on a happy face and pretends to be happy for her teammate, she’s being fake. Yet, if she sat back and said nothing, she would be called a brat.  I mean, putting on a happy face and pretending like to had/have a great experience at your job is what most people do in public and most businesses wouldn’t function well if people didn’t. Even if Holly is now pretending to be happy just to save her career and not out of any personal growth or maturity,  I’ll still take it and see it as a positive sign.

• Love 15

I found in interesting that neither Kelli or Judy suggested to Brennan to try out again and she sounded very much like she was done with trying out, it sounded super final to me.  we do see K&J tell girls to come back, to try out again, and that they didn't with Brennan was interesting to me.  and oh god am I so done with the Jenna thing, girl just take your punishment and stop whining

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I found in interesting that neither Kelli or Judy suggested to Brennan to try out again and she sounded very much like she was done with trying out, it sounded super final to me.  

I think after 3 years the writing is on the wall. I found myself feeling super sad for Brennan today. She is, by all appearances, a nice young women with a good head on her shoulders who really chased her dream and just didn't get there. Maybe its the mom in me but seeing her released for a final time was really hard to watch. 

• Love 13

Where everything is online now it's better to put "dignity" out there.  And I'm sure Holly made lifelong friends.  But LA is a different ball game it will chew and spit out the entire squad.  There are thousands and thousands trying to make it.  I hope she find her way.  

• Love 2
On 10/4/2017 at 4:32 PM, Smplsimon said:

It has been reported by multiple sources that Holly was accepting of her punishment for fraternizing with players, but then her mom got involved and told Holly that she had no right to be treated that way and that she (Holly) was the victim in all this.  From there, things escalated to the point of Holly quitting.  So, another helicopter parent strikes again, destroying their child's career.

I completely believe this. Last night Holly's mom posted on Instragram "If the words don't add up, its usually because the truth wasn't included in the equation". Well, let's see....there are pictures that Holly posted proving that she was with players and she admitted it at the end of her last episode and said it was fun.  Her mother is still trying to make it seem like Holly did nothing wrong. This behavior will totally backfire. Holly needs to take accountability, and I think she would have had her mother not treated her like a victim. 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, DWNYC said:

I completely believe this. Last night Holly's mom posted on Instragram "If the words don't add up, its usually because the truth wasn't included in the equation". Well, let's see....there are pictures that Holly posted proving that she was with players and she admitted it at the end of her last episode and said it was fun.  Her mother is still trying to make it seem like Holly did nothing wrong. This behavior will totally backfire. Holly needs to take accountability, and I think she would have had her mother not treated her like a victim. 

tbh, even if she'd stayed, I don't think she'd have lasted. the tiniest infraction, the most inconsequential sliver of a reason to cut her, and she'd have been dropped. plus, going to work every day or so knowing your bosses don't trust you and are just waiting for you to slip up in even the tiniest of ways, is exhausting and depressing. most likely she'd have tried to toe the line the for a little while, and then rebelled and acted out worse than ever because if you're gonna get cut, you might as well go big or go home.  I think if Holly had remained, I don't think she'd have lasted the season. just my 2 cents though.

• Love 5

The funny thing is that they made it look like Holly promptly resigned.  That's not true.  She just stopped showing up and also didn't respond to phone calls from the DCC.  She finally got around to officially resigning several days later.  You'll notice that the outfit Kelli was wearing when she did the talking head about Holly resigning was the outfit she was wearing at the end of the episode, which was several days after they were blocking Thunderstruck.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

the tiniest infraction, the most inconsequential sliver of a reason to cut her, and she'd have been dropped.

The only thing she had to do was not go to bars & not hang out with players, it wouldn't have been that difficult for her "thin ice" to become thicker.  Unless she has zero self control & couldn't stop herself.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6
On 30/09/2017 at 9:28 PM, Trixi said:

I'm surprised that Jenna wasn't cut if this is the 2nd time in 2 seasons she's broken the rules. As a multi year vet she shud b held to the highest standards since she's a leader and example to the rookies. Yet there she is out clubbing with a younger member who she knows is under age.  I think she is more accountable due to her years with the club.  Maybe she doesn't have enough common sense to b a DCC. 

Jenna made a very bad decision and was duly punished.  As the DCC with the most seniority, being demoted in SG and in the signature dance is a major punishment for a DCC vet, short of being removed from the team.  Plus, being relieved of her group leader duties is also very humbling.  HOWEVER, is she (or wasn't she) dating Dak the QB?

I’m actually surprised that they’re continuing to drag out the Jenna stuff in the next episode, but may not touch the Erica thing at all. Holly and Jenna apparently aren’t as savvy as their buddy, Erica lol. With that said, so over the Jenna/Holly thing. Between the months long discussion (and mostly speculation) about what happened and the way the show addressed it (beyond confusing), I’m ready for the show to move on.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, ByTor said:

The only thing she had to do was not go to bars & not hang out with players, it wouldn't have been that difficult for her "thin ice" to become thicker.  Unless she has zero self control & couldn't stop herself.

I disagree. Kelli made it abundantly clear when talking with Judy that she basically wanted Holly gone - she essentially regreted not cutting her then and there. Kelli seems the sort of boss that would be the sort to stick to her word - ie let Holly stay - but also very much let that ice remain super thin and leap upon the tiniest of things as an excuse to be able to carry out what she really wanted, cutting Holly. she literally said there was no way for HHolly to gain back her trust, so personally, I don't believe there was any way to make that ice thicker, sticking to the letter of the contract or not.  Kelli wanted her gone. I genuinely believe Holly was given the option - you resign by choice or you get cut sooner or later.

7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I thought she retained GL.

she did. personally, given how much they went on in the talk about how she utterly failed as a leader, I was surprised she was allowed to remain GL. either there was seriously limited options as to who to replace her or she somehow managed to convince them to let her stay, but given that next week it seems she whinging about being punished, Im surprised she wasn't demoted then. take your punishment like a woman and shut up, keep your head down and stay out of the line of fire.  in the promo she looked like a whining brat, all woe is me, boohoo. i didn't like her much to start but that just really turned me off her

• Love 2
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

I disagree. Kelli made it abundantly clear when talking with Judy that she basically wanted Holly gone - she essentially regreted not cutting her then and there. Kelli seems the sort of boss that would be the sort to stick to her word - ie let Holly stay - but also very much let that ice remain super thin and leap upon the tiniest of things as an excuse to be able to carry out what she really wanted, cutting Holly. she literally said there was no way for HHolly to gain back her trust, so personally, I don't believe there was any way to make that ice thicker, sticking to the letter of the contract or not.  Kelli wanted her gone. I genuinely believe Holly was given the option - you resign by choice or you get cut sooner or later.

As soon as Kelli said she didn't trust Holly anymore, I knew Holly was history.  Holly knew it, too and I believe that's why she turn in her resignation.  She wanted to dump them before they could dump her.  That said, though, I feel Holly's chances with any other NFL cheer team is over.  She is probably blackballed now.  No other team will touch her.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, KatherineB said:

As soon as Kelli said she didn't trust Holly anymore, I knew Holly was history.  Holly knew it, too and I believe that's why she turn in her resignation.  She wanted to dump them before they could dump her.  That said, though, I feel Holly's chances with any other NFL cheer team is over.  She is probably blackballed now.  No other team will touch her.

Yup, I think she was either bluntly told or she figured it out that she was toast and even if she stayed she'd not last the season. she'd also likely get few/no appearances or dropped from show group, whatever K&J could do to punish her for staying. it would hardly be the first time an employer did that sort of thing.  how she allegedly handled it - just not turning up and only officially resignning days later was shitty and immature  and pretty much removes any of the 'dignity' of resigning by choice, but even had she not emailed in her resignation, after not turning up, she'd have been cut anyway.

43 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

The funny thing is that they made it look like Holly promptly resigned.  That's not true.  She just stopped showing up and also didn't respond to phone calls from the DCC.  She finally got around to officially resigning several days later.  You'll notice that the outfit Kelli was wearing when she did the talking head about Holly resigning was the outfit she was wearing at the end of the episode, which was several days after they were blocking Thunderstruck.

such is the way of reality tv. lie lie lie deny deny deny. edit the truth and call it reality. twist it long enough and you can pretend its what really happened

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Bailey3606 posted on the previous page:

Kelli replied to someone's question on Twitter and said she's open to Holly trying out again next year ?

So who knows, maybe she would have gotten over it.  But yeah, I do agree that they would have punished the hell out of Holly like they are doing with Jenna.

Edited by ByTor
Just now, ByTor said:

Bailey3606 posted on the previous page:

So who knows, maybe she would have gotten over it.

eh, I'd personally take that with a cubic meter of salt, but Im a cynic, screams of PR and PR wise it sounds good, makes the boss seem warm and forgiving..  Besides, being 'open' to it isn't the same as 'would actually give her a real shot'.  they're 'open' to overweight 50 year olds with less than zero shot auditioning, doesn't mean they make TC.  but again, Im a cynic.

• Love 11
Just now, CaseyRe said:

eh, I'd personally take that with a cubic meter of salt, but Im a cynic, screams of PR and PR wise it sounds good, makes the boss seem warm and forgiving..  Besides, being 'open' to it isn't the same as 'would actually give her a real shot'.  they're 'open' to overweight 50 year olds with less than zero shot auditioning, doesn't mean they make TC.  but again, Im a cynic.

LOL...maybe she'd be open to it so she could cut her at semis :)

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DancingForLife said:

Reading between the lines- HR 101-

Kelli released her. She was given the opportunity to resign to save face. 

Bless.

She can audition but she won't make it back.

• Love 3
Just now, ByTor said:

LOL...maybe she'd be open to it so she could cut her at semis :)

I held myself back from writing exactly that - how much pleasure do you think they'd take in letting someone audition and then cutting them.  as much as I'd like to say otherwise, I could see K&J doing that or at least wanting to do that if the infraction was big enough, if the girl repeatedly lied to their faces, and if she quit in the least professional way ever. 

Besides, Kelli being open to it, doesn't mean Charlotte would let Holly within a hundred yards of the Star. She strikes me as exactly the sort of person who would delight in cutting someone like that. you know she'd smile at you and then stab you in the back if shse thought her precious team's rep was under fire

• Love 6

I held myself back from writing exactly that - how much pleasure do you think they'd take in letting someone audition and then cutting them.  as much as I'd like to say otherwise, I could see K&J doing that or at least wanting to do that if the infraction was big enough, if the girl repeatedly lied to their faces, and if she quit in the least professional way ever. 

Besides, Kelli being open to it, doesn't mean Charlotte would let Holly within a hundred yards of the Star. She strikes me as exactly the sort of person who would delight in cutting someone like that. you know she'd smile at you and then stab you in the back if shse thought her precious team's rep was under fire

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure they'd like to make her look bad and possibly air some more dirty laundry.  Holly needs to stay away from cheering, time to move on.  I just hope she learned a lesson, I fear she may not have.

• Love 3
Just now, cmccasandra said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure they'd like to make her look bad and possibly air some more dirty laundry.  Holly needs to stay away from cheering, time to move on.  I just hope she learned a lesson, I fear she may not have.

Something tells me that Holly will be at DMD auditions next year.

1 hour ago, DWNYC said:

Holly's mom should be more concerned with her daughter 'talking to' such a sketchy guy.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Misscarlett said:

Holly's mom should be more concerned with her daughter 'talking to' such a sketchy guy.

some mothers don't care if they think it'll get their daughters famous/married/rich/other

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

she did. personally, given how much they went on in the talk about how she utterly failed as a leader, I was surprised she was allowed to remain GL. either there was seriously limited options as to who to replace her or she somehow managed to convince them to let her stay, but given that next week it seems she whinging about being punished, Im surprised she wasn't demoted then. take your punishment like a woman and shut up, keep your head down and stay out of the line of fire.  in the promo she looked like a whining brat, all woe is me, boohoo. i didn't like her much to start but that just really turned me off her

I so agree that Jenna utterly failed as a leader and should not have retained her GL position. Yes, Holly is an adult, just Jenna is a four years older team leader and essentially Holly's boss.  To party with an underage underling is terrible leadership.  I would have cut Jenna.

6 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

some mothers don't care if they think it'll get their daughters famous/married/rich/other

So true and very sad. Nicole Brown Simpson comes to mind.

12 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

They gave support for 2 years but the 3rd year...no support, not many following her?   Hmmmm?  I am wondering if she is really moving or just going for several weeks to Millennium?

3 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I'm so glad they seem to have moved back to nice crop tops again for rehearsal wear. I hated those highneck ones, they cut into the girls underarms, were super unflattering and the last couple weeks they've been back to scoop neck tops and they look so much better.

Zeke was rocking his ?

JUST KIDDING!

• Love 9
On 04/10/2017 at 2:22 AM, RhiRhi said:

A few years ago the Denver Broncos QB was dating and married a cheerleader. Not only were they cool with it, she wore a bikini with his number on it for their calendar *shrug* 

Maybe it's up to each individual team whether or not to have fraternization rules.

1 hour ago, KatherineB said:

I don't think any other NFL team would be good enough for Holly anyway, to be honest.  If we see her pop up on one of the LA teams, it'll tell me that she's having a hard time finding full time dance work and is only doing it for the free dance classes to stay in shape.  I know we've all joked about the Chiefs, but I can only see her doing that if she married up, moved to KC and just wanted to do it to stay fit.  A good friend of mine cheered for a local Dallas squad (not the DCC) and she only did it to stay in shape and to stay active in dance.  She never wanted to be a DCC because they had to do too many appearances/extras and her career didn't lend itself to that kind of schedule.

25 minutes ago, KatherineB said:

Maybe it's up to each individual team whether or not to have fraternization rules.

I've got to think there's wiggle room in there for exceptions...high school/college boyfirends, etc.  That would take honest and open discussion, though, which isn't always done.  I wondered that about Paige, if K&J had been looped in but once it went public they had to enforce the rules.  Danielle didn't get punished like Jenna did either, though Jenna had layers of wrong doing vs. Danielle just not snitching on her friend.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DWNYC said:

Maybe she was talking about Jenna's talk with K&J that seemed heavily edited...basically it became "why didn't you stop Holly" and the answer should have been, "because I was dressed up and sitting right there with her". 

• Love 6
On 10/4/2017 at 4:45 PM, NMDD43 said:

Some of those girls need a serious spray tan as well! 

They have a deal with Palm Beach Tan salons which are all over Dallas (and the country) so it shouldn't be that hard to  keep some color.  They have both Mystic and Versa which are premium spay tanning systems.

On 10/5/2017 at 0:19 AM, sATL said:

I 've been thinking the same but too bashful to say it. why him - considering you have the whole team at your disposal? Hell, players (if football players are her thing) on opposing teams.. Raining men all over the place.

what was in that drink at the club? the two together just seem odd.... icky... urggh..

I think Zeke looks like he has put on weight this season -- and wasn't Holly criticized for that on an earlier episode?  Both are in awesome physical condition but noticably heavier...  Still in better shape than 99% of all Americans so not throwing shade on them!

1 hour ago, Originalroux said:

Zeke was rocking his ?

JUST KIDDING!

Maybe Zeke was rocking Jenna's?

1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Remember Holly didn't just mess with the brand. She also was "besties" with Kelli and Charlottes daughters, so she messed with their families too.

I don't get why a DCC would be besties with Kelli & Charlotte's daughters in the first place. A professional environment should always be maintained. If a DCC/TCC was already friends with their daughters before tryout that is one thing, but I wouldn't be encouraging the friendship. How many of us can say we are besties with our bosses, let alone, company owner's kids? How old is Charlotte's daughter? And I thought Kelli's daughter was late-college / early law school age - meaning she has her own circle of buddies.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

I found it interesting how Kelli said "it was a good decision" when she talked about Holly resigning.  Sounds like she wasn't sad to see her go.

Yes, resigning was a good decision relative to the bad one she made that got her the Lucchese boot... so to speak.

19 minutes ago, Misscarlett said:

I always wondered why they rarely showed her? Also Maggie!

I think Holly may have been presenting problem behavior for a while... just didn't rise to such a public issue like this last one did.  As for Maggie, that I'm not sure of but it may just be the videographer and editing that cut her screen time out.

10 minutes ago, sATL said:

I don't get why a DCC would be besties with Kelli & Charlotte's daughters in the first place. A professional environment should always be maintained. If a DCC/TCC was already friends with their daughters before tryout that is one thing, but I wouldn't be encouraging the friendship. How many of us can say we are besties with our bosses, let alone, company owner's kids? How old is Charlotte's daughter? And I thought Kelli's daughter was late-college / early law school age - meaning she has her own circle of buddies.

No, Holly was just 18 and I believe Kelli's daughter was in high school.  They were the same age and I'm sure I've seen pics where the kids hang around some of the practices etc.   They all seemed like great friends etc but then Kelli's daughter went off to college.  I'm sure when DCC is all encompassing and you are the youngest it is hard to find people to do things with that are age appropriate. Holly started to hang with Jenna and looked what happened!  Lol

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

Maybe she was talking about Jenna's talk with K&J that seemed heavily edited...basically it became "why didn't you stop Holly" and the answer should have been, "because I was dressed up and sitting right there with her". 

Yes to this.  Jenna is paying a price. Plus, I think that DCC wants to put this entire storyline behind them because it has been enough of a distraction. I think the it had an impact on the rookie candidates too. That kind of upheaval and drama is felt by everyone around the epicenter. 

• Love 2