Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

hahaha Ask Amy Reese and Chelsea about that.

News to me, too. 

Can you imagine if those two showed up to an alumni event? Tina Kalina and Kelli would be in a corner drinking cocktails giving them the side eye.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dcc.fan.always said:

It's like going from Shula's Steakhouse to McDonalds

Eh, it's at least an Applebee's ?KC is a smaller market in terms of population, but sell out games and has a very loyal fan base. The cheerleaders are a bit of a mess, though, and don't have the prestige and appearance opportunities the DCC has. The Patriots cheerleaders, for example, have prestige in terms of a winning team, loyal fan base and large market, but aren't as commercial as the DCC. Thus the appeal for Alexandria.

In summary, Holly could do worse than the Chiefs if she wanted to do NFL cheering as a side note to whatever else she might have going on, but it won't lead to any type of dance opportunity (higher profile ish or lower profile like local teaching) like being a DCC. 

I love the Chiefs too, @Oklahomama, but the cheerleading situation feels so different to me. If otherwise financially sufficient, I feel like you could be only a DCC and keep your days full with appearances, showgroup, etc. I don't think most other squads have as much of that. Some, but not as much.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Saw this on Youtube, kinda interesting 

WHOA.  Did she actually pull THE uniform shorts out on her dining room table???   

There must've been different rules back in the olden days., lol. 

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Seems Holly is moving to California in 12 days according to her insta

2017-10-05 02.11.06.png

She’s going to Millenium dance studio. Many of the choreographer’s videos set there go viral. Kind of expected her to go that route, there’s a shit ton of great dancers there so she’ll have a good piece of humble pie. Lots of celebrities hire their backup dancers and choreographers straight from those videos now a days. 

14 minutes ago, Java said:

WHOA.  Did she actually pull THE uniform shorts out on her dining room table???   

There must've been different rules back in the olden days., lol. 

Shelly said some alumni got to purchase stuff when they moved out of Valley ranch. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

She’s going to Millenium dance studio. Many of the choreographer’s videos set there go viral. Kind of expected her to go that route, there’s a shit ton of great dancers there so she’ll have a good piece of humble pie. Lots of celebrities hire their backup dancers and choreographers straight from there...

MDC?  In Studio City?  I am so there!!! I'll be the uncoordinated fangirl in your class Holly.   She has got to be a Laker Girl.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, California Girl said:

MDC?  In Studio City?  I am so there!!! I'll be the uncoordinated fangirl in your class Holly.   She has got to be a Laker Girl.

Nah she’s likely not teaching, at best she’ll be taking classes for awhile. I’d be surprised if she got a residency there. The LA dance scene is fierce. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Kiki88 said:

Funny how she is all about the Chiefs now... I mean I know her mom was a cheerleader back in the day but really ? I bet she will be on their squad next year. 

LOL. Not ever.Underscore ever. Maybe the Chiefs cheerleaders aren't as perfect as the Cowboy's Cheerleaders... However they are overseen by the Hunt family. You're welcome for the AFC WEST and the Superbowl.  Pretty smiles and abs will never talk their way into this team. Brains, beauty, dance excellence and integrity will be your golden ticket to a spot on this team.  #INTEGRITY. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

I would love to know what cheerleader wrote this and if she was DCC. So many clues in there

Pure speculation, but if you go through all the clues, has to be Dulce Rosales of the 2006 DCC Squad. The article without a doubt is referring to the DCC.

• Love 4

I totally expect to see Holly on one of those nauseating MTV shows like Are You the One?  She is the right age, loves to party, loves to hook up, and wants to be infamous. Good luck Holly, be careful of what you wish for...

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ellekotonyok said:

It was written back in 2007, not currently. But I would still want to know if it was a DCC. 

I doubt it. The DCC were paid $15 per game in the 70s. It didn't drop to $6 in the 2000s. They've also had salon sponsors going back much further than 2006. They don't have to pay out of pocket for hair care.

In reading some of the lawsuits filed against NFL cheer teams, it was clear that other teams have many of the same rules the DCC have. I didn't see anything in that article that pointed to the DCC over other teams.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, NCDCCFan said:

I wonder if Holly would consider University of Louisville? So Sharp was my newest reality show addiction and they are all technically trained dancers. Education plus more airtime seems like a possible next step.

agree. I too like that show . And I am sure that there are a plethora of universities worldwide with technically trained dance team, that Holly could look into . while she is in school, she will be able to continue her training . depending on when all of this went down, it might be too late to get accepted and tryout for 2017-2018 school year but there is always next year. Holly just need to re-build/re-brand and go on. What did she do when wasn't a dcc - going to college in dallas  or working somewhere?

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:19 PM, dcc.fan.always said:

She tossed away a chance to cheer for DCC for this??? Well she certainly isn't the brightest crayon in the box....smh

I 've been thinking the same but too bashful to say it. why him - considering you have the whole team at your disposal? Hell, players (if football players are her thing) on opposing teams.. Raining men all over the place.

what was in that drink at the club? the two together just seem odd.... icky... urggh..

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

This article may have been posted before, but if DCC's have rules this strict, those girls on the team are either saints or gluttons for punishment:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/career/a49568/nfl-cheerleader-confessions/

I could be wrong, but the only thing about this article that throws me off thinking it was a former DCC is the author's use of the word bikini. Just because we know other squads actually have their candidates wear bikinis and walk around or whatever as part of the audition process. Like I said, maybe that's overthinking it lol. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Pure speculation, but if you go through all the clues, has to be Dulce Rosales of the 2006 DCC Squad. The article without a doubt is referring to the DCC.

who is she (I don't remember her lol)  and what clues do you mean? 

1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

I doubt it. The DCC were paid $15 per game in the 70s. It didn't drop to $6 in the 2000s. They've also had salon sponsors going back much further than 2006. They don't have to pay out of pocket for hair care.

In reading some of the lawsuits filed against NFL cheer teams, it was clear that other teams have many of the same rules the DCC have. I didn't see anything in that article that pointed to the DCC over other teams.

So again just speculation, but pretty sure its DCC

Quotes from the article:

1) "Exactly one week later, I weighed 118....I'd lost 9 pounds (and an entire bra cup size) in seven days! The choreographer patted my butt and said "Good girl!"  - that sounds like Kitty Carter to me.

2)  "When you put 35 hungry, pretty girls together" - 2006 squad was 35.

3) "reality-show levels of drama ensue" - okay so we all understand this.

4) "identifying myself as a cheerleader in public" - heard this is the rule.... would some random cheer team like the Chiefs have this rule (oops sorry sore subject with the KC Chiefs, on this board)

5) "I even had to turn down public appearances for my media job (as in, the one that actually paid my bills) because the squad worried I was a risk to their reputation. " - So Dulce Rosales did commercials and other talent agency events per her online resume.

6) "The constant negative feedback and constraining rules were murdering my self-esteem" - Again this sounds like DCC to me not the Seattle Sea-Gals or Buffalo Jills.

7) "The Power of the Uniform" - Really, because we all can't get over the power of the Iconic Uniform of the New England Patriots.

8) "when it came time for a second season, I opted out" - Ducle Rosales cheered one year.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Nah she’s likely not teaching, at best she’ll be taking classes for awhile. I’d be surprised if she got a residency there. The LA dance scene is fierce. 

Applications for their scholarships are due by end of July / 1st of August.  So she would not have had time to apply. 

Anyone think she may try out to be a Laker Girl? In terms of prestige, that’s probably the closest to a lateral move that she can make as far as pro sports team, right? Im genuinely curious. I watch NBA, but don’t realky know what dance team, if any, is considered the best. 

Regardless, I hope she lands on her feet. Ive never been a Holly fan, but I certainly don’t wish ill will on any of these girls.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

It has been reported by multiple sources that Holly was accepting of her punishment for fraternizing with players, but then her mom got involved and told Holly that she had no right to be treated that way and that she (Holly) was the victim in all this.  From there, things escalated to the point of Holly quitting.  So, another helicopter parent strikes again, destroying their child's career.

Allegedly..

1 minute ago, Jess14 said:

Anyone think she may try out to be a Laker Girl? In terms of prestige, that’s probably the closest to a lateral move that she can make as far as pro sports team, right? Im genuinely curious. I watch NBA, but don’t realky know what dance team, if any, is considered the best. 

Regardless, I hope she lands on her feet. Ive never been a Holly fan, but I certainly don’t wish ill will on any of these girls.

No. Honestly, I think she's done cheering professionally.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I'm sure all the folks who manage professional cheer teams watch (or are at least aware of) Making the Team.  I doubt any of them would want to pick Holly given the way she's handled herself.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

The article says $6 per hour of the game, not per game, which would be around $15-18ish, which would fit.

7 hours ago, sATL said:

I 've been thinking the same but too bashful to say it. why him - considering you have the whole team at your disposal? Hell, players (if football players are her thing) on opposing teams.. Raining men all over the place.

what was in that drink at the club? the two together just seem odd.... icky... urggh..

why do girls ever go for the 'charming' (aka slimy) a-holes? the stupid 'bad boy' thing?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Applications for their scholarships are due by end of July / 1st of August.  So she would not have had time to apply. 

For MDC? You can take classes as a walk in, you just pay per class. 

Tonight's episode....my prediction is Kelli will say she got an email from Holly, presumably, and turned in her resignation. I have a feeling we will be denied any "office visit" drama. Squad photos should be coming up soon and we all know she didn't make it, so something will have to go down soon.

15 hours ago, MelissaB326 said:

What really struck me, somewhat about Jenna but mostly about Holly, was how immature she came off. She “just wanted to have fun” and in the process threw away all she worked so hard for. She didn’t go to college like some of the girls, at least those girls probably already had a chance to let loose and have fun before becoming a DCC so this type of behavior isn’t as exciting to them. But it was her choice to go straight to being a DCC after high school and she needed to comply with the contract she signed and the expectations that are well known. It really came off like she thought she would get away with what she was doing and then when caught was thinking she could just say an apology and it would all be okay.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Quotes from the article:

1) "Exactly one week later, I weighed 118....I'd lost 9 pounds (and an entire bra cup size) in seven days! The choreographer patted my butt and said "Good girl!"  - that sounds like Kitty Carter to me.

4) "identifying myself as a cheerleader in public" - heard this is the rule.... would some random cheer team like the Chiefs have this rule (oops sorry sore subject with the KC Chiefs, on this board)

5) "I even had to turn down public appearances for my media job (as in, the one that actually paid my bills) because the squad worried I was a risk to their reputation. " - So Dulce Rosales did commercials and other talent agency events per her online resume.

6) "The constant negative feedback and constraining rules were murdering my self-esteem" - Again this sounds like DCC to me not the Seattle Sea-Gals or Buffalo Jills.

7) "The Power of the Uniform" - Really, because we all can't get over the power of the Iconic Uniform of the New England Patriots.

8) "when it came time for a second season, I opted out" - Ducle Rosales cheered one year.

I lovedddd Dulce.  She was STUNNING and seemed so down to earth. 

I think a lot of that sounds like it is DCC but I follow a girl who cheered for the Jets (with Danielle/Jasmine/Jessica M actually!) and some of it also *definitely* fits what she's said about her experience in different posts.  I mean, she is a personal trainer now and talks a lot about how terrible her body image was while cheering and the disorders she had to fit what they wanted. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

That's what I thought too. She was one of my favorites. Soooo pretty. And she killed it on the power squad.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

That's what I thought too. She was one of my favorites. Soooo pretty. And she killed it on the power squad.

Dulce was one of my faves. :)

Dream squad:

Evan Anderson (Gorgeous on the inside and out)

Deryn Derbigny (Went through Katrina/awesome dancer.)

Erica Jenkins (Loved it when she got her revenge body and KILLED it during squad photo shoot.)

Brittany Evans (Sweet as pie.)

Justine Phillips (Not afraid to own up to her short comings.)

Jordan Chanley (Humble. Smiled her way to K&He's hearts.)

Dulce Rosales (One hit wonder I wish cheered for more.)

Whitney Ott (Did not let Mommy hood stop her.)

Brooke Sorensen (I liked her sense of humor. Photogenic.)

Sarah Clay (Really pretty, nice personality)

Megan Fox (100% DCC 100% of the time.)

Jinelle (I love, love, love her personality. She is awesome.)

Kashara (Not a shy bone in her body.)

Kalyssa (Hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.)

Nicole Hamilton (Great dancer, athletic, ready to help the rookies.)

Whitney Isleib (Rose above her bad decisions.)

Natalie Woods ( Well spoken, intelligent, mature, beautiful.)

Ashton Torres (All around awesome. Great dancer.)

Kandi Harris (Bubbly, fun, positive, athletic.)

Sunni Cranfill (Mature, gorgeous, well spoken.)

There is more, but these are the ones that stand out to me at the moment. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Quotes from the article:

It also mentioned her height (5'3" i think) and that she had dimples. I have no clue who Dulce is but does that fit with her too?

1 hour ago, gnesty said:

Wow that article was something.  Pretty much new what it was like but to hear it from someone actually there.

I wish more former cheerleaders would share these kind of tid bits and experiences

On 9/28/2017 at 11:41 PM, Holly85 said:

So who is everyone's favorite rookie Canadite !! I really like Lauren 

I agree- I love everything about her from her appearance to her personality.  I think she deserves ROTY and I really hope she gets it.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

For MDC? You can take classes as a walk in, you just pay per class. 

Correct, but many elite dancers want the select few coveted scholarships as there are additional perks within the actual dance program. 

6 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Dulce was one of my faves. :)

Dream squad:

Evan Anderson (Gorgeous on the inside and out)

Deryn Derbigny (Went through Katrina/awesome dancer.)

Erica Jenkins (Loved it when she got her revenge body and KILLED it during squad photo shoot.)

Brittany Evans (Sweet as pie.)

Justine Phillips (Not afraid to own up to her short comings.)

Jordan Chanley (Humble. Smiled her way to K&He's hearts.)

Dulce Rosales (One hit wonder I wish cheered for more.)

Whitney Ott (Did not let Mommy hood stop her.)

Brooke Sorensen (I liked her sense of humor. Photogenic.)

Sarah Clay (Really pretty, nice personality)

Megan Fox (100% DCC 100% of the time.)

Jinelle (I love, love, love her personality. She is awesome.)

Kashara (Not a shy bone in her body.)

Kalyssa (Hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.)

Nicole Hamilton (Great dancer, athletic, ready to help the rookies.)

Whitney Isleib (Rose above her bad decisions.)

Natalie Woods ( Well spoken, intelligent, mature, beautiful.)

Ashton Torres (All around awesome. Great dancer.)

Kandi Harris (Bubbly, fun, positive, athletic.)

Sunni Cranfill (Mature, gorgeous, well spoken.)

There is more, but these are the ones that stand out to me at the moment. 

Great choices. I would also include Kelsi Reich on that list. So naturally gorgeous it hurts with an inner light that just radiates from within. Also humble, sweet, and wonderful personality. 

• Love 3

There is a preview video on facebook about Jenna and finding a new point girl, but I cannot get the video to post on here for some reason. I guess facebook is not my friend.

And speaking of favorite rookie candidates, I like Lexie. The other ones do not stand out to me, or I cannot remember them.

On 10/3/2017 at 8:21 AM, Smplsimon said:

I don't know, but I bet they care about whether a girl can follow the rules or not.  Holly's immature, entitled attitude isn't going to be acceptable to many -- and yes, she's good, but there's no shortage of great dancers in this world, and many of those have a decent attitude (and let's be honest, a better figure than Holly--she doesn't have the prettiest shape).  She's burned more bridges than just the DCC.

One would think so as a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship should be the last thing on players mind....

• Love 1
16 hours ago, McKinezeInFloMnd said:

Quotes from the article:

Wow!  You are hard core to know all this stuff!!!   I'm impressed!

• Love 2