Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Just now, UnicornKicks said:

NOTHING. Erica is not known for her brains.

Speaking of brains Cersten and medical school HAHAHA. Her grades are not great, MCAT OK, she would've got in somewhere by now if she was as smart as she says.  STudying for medical school is her excuse for a job. Also an excuse if she was about to get cut - oh, well I'm going to med school anyway. 

But it clearly worked, if legal action is what happened. there would have to be something in the suit to successfully stop it being shown or it would have been dismissed at an early stage.

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

How do you know her grades? There are several paths to take before medical school. Who knows what her plans are, but I don't think they're bogus. 

I didn't say bogus. Stretched and farfetched maybe. Her grades weren't bad but not med school good. She graduated a couple years ago too.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

huh, I wonder what the basis of the suit could have been. if you'd signed the waiver, and you were breeching contract, I'm so curious as to what she could have claimed that would have worked...oh so nosey!!! ;)

Maybe she threatened to spill everything she knows about the org. I'm sure there are some salacious things in there. She's a young and pretty and the NFL is already in the news. If controversial enough, she could maybe make the news for a day or 2. In terms of lawsuits, the CMT/DCCs probably have an arbitration clause anyway, so her legal options are probably limited, realistically speaking. 

Practice videos from this morning. I really find Group 2 to be rather blah and mediocre.

Spilling everything is guaranteed to get Erica sued. 

Back to Cersten hey I'd put her at point. She is an amazing performer. The medical school stuff I just side eye. 

The mean girl Cersten stuff from last year is a lie, too. She is not mean. Prissy and proud of herself, but not mean. 

2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Maybe she threatened to spill everything she knows about the org. I'm sure there are some salacious things in there. She's a young and pretty and the NFL is already in the news. If controversial enough, she could maybe make the news for a day or 2. In terms of lawsuits, the CMT/DCCs probably have an arbitration clause anyway, so her legal options are probably limited, realistically speaking. 

Practice videos from this morning. I really find Group 2 to be rather blah and mediocre.

Can't tell who's to the left of Bess, maybe Kalyssa? They're rushing a bit. Yeah, group two is a little blah, but that routine also isn't eye catching either.

Love that they brought back the Lady Gaga routine, so fun. 

1 minute ago, UnicornKicks said:

Spilling everything is guaranteed to get Erica sued. 

Back to Cersten hey I'd put her at point. She is an amazing performer. The medical school stuff I just side eye. 

The mean girl Cersten stuff from last year is a lie, too. She is not mean. Prissy and proud of herself, but not mean. 

Definitely a risk for her, but does the massive DCC org really want to sue a cheerleader? Seems like that would be a bigger PR problem for them than letting it go. I don't know what she would have to say though, so I'm purely speculating. 

I don't see Erica threatening legal action when she's been posting tbt photos and otherwise positive DCC related pics. I think it's more of a production decision of not wanting to have too much drama in one season. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I know its rehearsal, and I've gotten in trouble before for criticising lines and sync in rehearsal before, but it hurts my little dancer soul when they're so out of sync, the choreo on the top one is boring as hell and totally uninspired, a couple of them are chasing the music, (who is to Jinelle's right[our left]??)

I was wondering if there was a degree of blackmail/extortion involved, except wouldn't it have to be against CMT rather than the DCC? who has the final say in what is aired? CMT or DC? the contract she breeched would be with DCC but the waiver would have been with CMT. how much of an NDA is involved in the DCC contract, does anyone know? i mean NDAs can be broken, but Im just so curious as to what she could have that would work against CMT and DCC

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I know its rehearsal, and I've gotten in trouble before for criticising lines and sync in rehearsal before, but it hurts my little dancer soul when they're so out of sync, the choreo on the top one is boring as hell and totally uninspired, a couple of them are chasing the music, (who is to Jinelle's right[our left]??)

I was wondering if there was a degree of blackmail/extortion involved, except wouldn't it have to be against CMT rather than the DCC? who has the final say in what is aired? CMT or DC? the contract she breeched would be with DCC but the waiver would have been with CMT. how much of an NDA is involved in the DCC contract, does anyone know? i mean NDAs can be broken, but Im just so curious as to what she could have that would work against CMT and DCC

No idea on the last point. It just seems to me that threatening to release information about the way the DCCs do business (if there is something controversial there) would be a more viable threat, at least from a PR perspective to the team, than her actually having a legal cause of action if they showed her cut. If it's true that she posted a picture of snapcaht of her drinking (truth is almost always a defense to defamation/slander type claims) and signed all of the applicable releases for the tv show, I don't see anyway that she has a viable claim against CMT. Again though, I am purely speculating. 

Elizabeth and then Miranda are to Jinelle's right in the two formations of that dance. 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 1

It seemed that everyone save Jinelle was SLOP-PY in that top performance.  They weren't together at all and it was as if everyone was performing the routine as a solo with the counts that they thought it should be instead of with their group leader.  The bottom one was better.

As for Jenna, you weren't punished ENOUGH in some ways so to complain that you feel like you're still being punished?  Girl, if you weren't already on thin ice, you should be after that one.  You knew what Holly was doing, didn't seem to try and stop her (though I don't know what she actually did to try and stop Holly or what she attempted to bring her to her senses about the issue) and you didn't let Kelli and Judy know about the situation in a timely manner.  Thus, you screwed up.  Take the consequences and shut up.  Feel lucky and grateful that they didn't cut you or take away being group leader (which they still should have done since they didn't cut her).

I also don't see it as tattling when someone lets a boss know something that is potentially a legal or PR liability.  I know I would at least tell the person "You either tell the boss/supervisor by end of shift/day today what you did or I will.  Either way, they will find out."  Then, talk with the boss/supervisor the next morning.  That is protecting the company.  Now, if you ran and told on someone for every little mistake they made, then that would be tattling, especially if they were relatively minor and only intended as a way to make you look good and the other person bad (though it often ends up being the other way around). Let's just say I've see this firsthand.  The stories I could tell would make your hair curl.  I'm just glad I'm away from the situation where it occurred.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, LiveLoveLaugh said:

Hello, all. First time poster here, but I’ve been a fan from that first two hour special. I suppose I’m just a cheerleader way down deep inside of this 50-year-old body. 

Touching on a few recent topics here, I would like to say that I am surprisingly “meh” about Holly leaving. I liked her at first, but I kind of got over her. Whatever she did or didn’t do, the fact is, she signed a contract and she knew what she was doing. 

I must be the only person who likes Christina. I liked her from the beginning. I am hoping she has a wonderful as a DCC. There is something really nice about her. Not being an expert on dance, I can’t really comment on her dance ability. But I just like her and I wish her well. 

Love KaShara and I think she is a good choice for point. She’s bright and fun and has a great, happy attitude.  I think Kelli and Judy want happy, cheerful girls.  

Looking forward to chatting with y’all. ??

@LiveLoveLaugh  I am a fellow 50-something who was on drill team in HS.  Been a fan since Season 1!

Re: the whole Holly issue...the girl is underage and shouldn't have been in a bar in the first place!  These girls are public figures and did they honestly think they'd be able to go under the radar on this? Jenna shouldn't have been a participant in Holly's huge lapse of judgement.  Makes her look stupid even being involved!  Jenna thinks she's being punished, huh?  She should be glad she wasn't CUT!

You're not the only one who likes Christina.  Love what you said about her.  I'm happy she finally made the team after years of auditioning and hope she's not a one-and-done.  And I think KaShara is perfect for point :)

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It seemed that everyone save Jinelle was SLOP-PY in that top performance.  They weren't together at all and it was as if everyone was performing the routine as a solo with the counts that they thought it should be instead of with their group leader.  The bottom one was better.

As for Jenna, you weren't punished ENOUGH in some ways so to complain that you feel like you're still being punished?  Girl, if you weren't already on thin ice, you should be after that one.  You knew what Holly was doing, didn't seem to try and stop her (though I don't know what she actually did to try and stop Holly or what she attempted to bring her to her senses about the issue) and you didn't let Kelli and Judy know about the situation in a timely manner.  Thus, you screwed up.  Take the consequences and shut up.  Feel lucky and grateful that they didn't cut you or take away being group leader (which they still should have done since they didn't cut her).

I also don't see it as tattling when someone lets a boss know something that is potentially a legal or PR liability.  I know I would at least tell the person "You either tell the boss/supervisor by end of shift/day today what you did or I will.  Either way, they will find out."  Then, talk with the boss/supervisor the next morning.  That is protecting the company.  Now, if you ran and told on someone for every little mistake they made, then that would be tattling, especially if they were relatively minor and only intended as a way to make you look good and the other person bad (though it often ends up being the other way around). Let's just say I've see this firsthand.  The stories I could tell would make your hair curl.  I'm just glad I'm away from the situation where it occurred.

yup, top group was sloppy as hell. with the poms, its always so easy to see who is off beat or out of sync and half of them were most of the time (i know there are a few beats where they're delibertely not in sync and that's not what Im talking about), whomever was int he back line nearly fell out of her turn (which okay, its rehearsal and shit happens, but it was very evident), the lines were sloppy, a lot of marking which i wouldn't expecto n game day rehearsal esp one that's being posted.    its what, game 5, and they still don't look like a team.  you hit it on the head - looks like a bunch of solos next to each other.  doesn't help that the choreo was boring as hell.

• Love 1

Did they change some of the choreography for Thunderstruck ?!! WTF i like less now.

Plus, Don't get me wrong I love Kashara but she's not only being out danced By Jenna like she've been since the beginning . She's now being out danced by even Robin at this point.

I think She's probably a great group leader , I think she definitely belongs on show group but they should've just stuck out with Jenna.  

Edited by mmm
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, mmm said:

Did they change some of the choreography for Thunderstruck ?!! WTF i like less now.

Plus, Don't get me wrong I love Kashara but she's not only being out danced By Jenna like she've been since the beginning . She's now being out danced by even Robin at this point.

I think She's probably a great group leader , I think she definitely belongs on show group but they should've just stuck out with Jenna.  

Is this Thunderstruck or the Luke Bryan song I just saw on twitter?

Just now, Jess14 said:

Did they always transition into the wide formation outside of the triangle for Thunderstruck, or is that the new part?  

They always did that but the changed the way they did it before, for example the second person on the 50 aka Robin wouldn't move to the front row. I really don't understand the changes

• Love 1

It's literally two 8 counts. I'd be bored to tears doing the same routine every damn year. I know some of the girls like it, but how can you claim to be "the best" when you've done the same routine for 9 years and only have to teach a few new girls the moves each year (who've likely already memorized it themselves from TC attempts or just watching Youtube.). Hell half of us could do the routine from memory at this point. New routine or at least song please. 

• Love 8

I don't you guys think that this whole Group gift tradition would be really out of the majority of the girl's budgets? I like it as a Tradition but most of the girls are either students or have a part time Job to be DCC. 

P.S really like the sweatshirts Alexis got for her group 

IMG_1815.jpg

• Love 3
1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's literally two 8 counts. I'd be bored to tears doing the same routine every damn year. I know some of the girls like it, but how can you claim to be "the best" when you've done the same routine for 9 years and only have to teach a few new girls the moves each year (who've likely already memorized it themselves from TC attempts or just watching Youtube.). Hell half of us could do the routine from memory at this point. New routine or at least song please. 

Yeah, I just went back and watched a performance from last season to see what they replaced. I actually prefer the new choreography. 

• Love 2
Just now, Slate said:

Group 1 has some great dancers. They're a beautiful group too. I like those sweatshirts also.

Was just thinking that. While I think Group 3 is pretty strong as well, Group 1 is stacked IMO, especially compared to Group 2. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Girls don't pay out of pocket. Businesses donate a lot of gifts for the publicity. 

That's smart didn't think of that. But still even if they don't one gift. They get multiple to between 8 to 10 people 

3 minutes ago, Slate said:

Group 1 has some great dancers. They're a beautiful group too. I like those sweatshirts also.

Yes I agree, I think their best group and I think they Have best Rookies!

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1

Clearer picture of the squad photo. 

FCA0B726-7F1E-4B6B-884B-9675EA4FBF8A.jpeg

My only gripe is they're all posed weird. You can barely see Yuko and Madeline, Heather looks uncomfortable, Simone's pose makes her look big, and everyone else turned in needs to be facing more frontwards.

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

My only gripe is they're all posed weird. You can barely see Yuko, Milan and Madeline, Heather looks uncomfortable, Simone's pose makes her look big, and everyone else turned in needs to be facing more frontwards.

• Love 1

Jessika was in great shape when she first made the team, but I think she has looked soft for a while now. 

That team pic looks better with a clearer image, but the placing of the cheerleaders is still way off.

Group 1 Plaza video (really enjoying all of the videos that the social media person is posting this year) 

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

My only gripe is they're all posed weird. You can barely see Yuko and Madeline, Heather looks uncomfortable, Simone's pose makes her look big, and everyone else turned in needs to be facing more frontwards.

it looks like a picture of two halves. there's a diagonal space up from Kelsey, Kalyssa etc, like they've squished two pictures together and been left with a gap. i know that's not what they did but its awful. also the front row on their knees...it looks like they tried to fit too many girls into a small space and the middle girl got popped forward. its just super awkward and they spent hours standing and arranging this. there is no excuse for how bad it looks

9 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I used to think Jessika was so tiny. Maybe it's just me, but she looks pretty soft in this video.. 

There is some definite softness around her belly. that's not to say I wouldn't kill to look like her, but she definitely jiggles on her belly when she jumps. its definitely not the most flattering of montages

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I used to think Jessika was so tiny. Maybe it's just me, but she looks pretty soft in this video.. 

Nope Messika has always had a thick belly. How they don't cut her boring belly I don't know.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mmm said:

I don't you guys think that this whole Group gift tradition would be really out of the majority of the girl's budgets? I like it as a Tradition but most of the girls are either students or have a part time Job to be DCC. 

P.S really like the sweatshirts Alexis got for her group 

IMG_1815.jpg

Omg at first glance I thought Jenna was erica! Lol ? 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Tulip86 said:

Just noticed that Emma was in one of the pregame videos on Instagram Stories. Anyone know who is sitting out?

Jinx ;) Holly85

I saw jenn k as well 

Edited by Holly85

I am surprised the would choose her to dance over the All-star DCC who retired last year. I am not complaining I Love Emma 

IMG_1819.jpg

1 minute ago, HowdeeDo said:

Emma filled in for Khalyn and Simone was out again.

Are they injured ?

Edited by mmm
1 minute ago, mmm said:

I am surprised the would choose her to dance over the All-star DCC who retired last year. I am complaining I Love Emma 

IMG_1819.jpg

Are they injured ?

Emma's been used several times, if anything she has the experience to be prepared on the fly so no surprise they keep her around. I'd put her and Jennk in over any of the other All Stars. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Has Simone even danced this season ? 

She's been out two games that we know of. Wonder if it's an injury or weight warning? She was injured for a game or two last year.

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

She's been out two games that we know of. Wonder if it's an injury or weight warning? She was injured for a game or two last year.

Right makes me wonder why they keep her around if she is always injured 

Just now, Holly85 said:

Right makes me wonder why they keep her around if she is always injured 

Injury comes with the job, it's not a factor in whether they bring someone back or not. It's more the girls decision on if her body can handle it. 

• Love 4

You guys should check out the Insta stories Group 1 did a sideline routine on the plaza then Jenelle's group did it on the field , huge difference in quality !! 

5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

Season isn't over yet they may still mention Erica.

Agree.  At the point they are in the show she is still on the team and in good standing.  They will,like show it next episode..or her injury anyway.