Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, coffeemug230 said:

The Pittsburgh Steelers has won the most with 6 Super Bowl Wins. Dallas, San Fran and the Patriots have each one 5, so it depends when you grew up as a child of the 70's I was going to be a DCC and my cousin was going to be the their QB!!!

The fact that I spent 8 years of my life living in Pittsburgh and I did not know that shows how not into pro football I am.  I'm much more interested in the cheerleaders!

Coffeemug, I wonder if you would have been allowed to hang out with your cousin or if that would have been under the no fraternization rule???

• Love 1
23 hours ago, ShellyB said:

No pink halftime as the NFL has designated October as Crucial Catch month, for early detection of all cancers. 

Wow..did they just "All Lives Matter" Breast Cancer Awareness month?

16 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Some are regional.  The Cowboys/Redskins feud however, nah.  The Redskins (or rather then owner) was the last and only holdout refusing an expansion team.  If only he'd just let it go, but nope, it got down to holding fight song lyrics hostage in order for hte Cowboys to exist. its pretty much considered the biggest rivalry in the NFL and one of the biggest in the world of sports in general. the redskins may no longer be much of a sporting challenge (oh my beloved team, wat has been done to you) but in terms of sheer ridiculousness and pettiness, you've gotta go a long way to find worse

Cowboys/Redskins is a divisional rivalry. As far as a competitive challenger in the East, it's season to season. They've been playing well (numbers/stats wise), and this season so far they've been okay, but it's definitely not anything consistent.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Emma is QUEEN. She puts the all star in all star lol  I am just blown away that she is able to jump in anywhere they ask her and kill it.  She still looks completely stunning too.  Just...wow.  I girl crush so hard on Emma!!! 

Agree!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Wow..did they just "All Lives Matter" Breast Cancer Awareness month?

Cowboys/Redskins is a divisional rivalry. As far as a competitive challenger in the East, it's season to season. They've been playing well (numbers/stats wise), and this season so far they've been okay, but it's definitely not anything consistent.

Not when it started, when the cowboys were first finally allowed in they weren't in the same division. the rivalry started even before the Cowboys actually existed, let alone became part of the same division

4 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I agree. Would like to see a list. 

Yes emma is an all star how could I forget when she performed at the last game! (Duh) not sure who the 9th girl is then? 

Katy has been an all star for more than just this year, I remember she was one at least last year if not the year before. Same with Emma. 

I imagine DCC keep their uniform. I remember when Kyndal returned to training camp for her second attempt she turned up to uniform fittings to see they had kept her previous uniform for her to get fitted into again, so I assume it’s the same? Maybe they scrap the ones they know won’t return and keep the maybes? 

Shelly posted a list pages back - Emma, Katy, Jennifer K, Clare, Amy T, Danielle, Jessica, Rachel and Nicole.  Katy, Emma and Rachel have been All-stars since they left the squad.  Nicole was an All-star in the past - she took time off to get her studio going..  The other girls retired this past year.  

1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Not when it started, when the cowboys were first finally allowed in they weren't in the same division. the rivalry started even before the Cowboys actually existed, let alone became part of the same division

I know. But now since they're in the same division, they're considered as such...

Someone mentioned "regional" rivalries upthread.

If any of you DFW locals are dying to meet Gina and see if she’s a solid ambassador, treat yo self to a trip to Albertson’s in either Mansfield or FW. Side note - Albertson’s is my least favorite grocery store EVER. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Shelly posted a list pages back - Emma, Katy, Jennifer K, Clare, Amy T, Danielle, Jessica, Rachel and Nicole.  Katy, Emma and Rachel have been All-stars since they left the squad.  Nicole was an All-star in the past - she took time off to get her studio going..  The other girls retired this past year.  

Thank you! I love Jenn K but she should really be pulled from all appearances in uniform until she tones up her stomach and legs

Kashara now lives with Amy now not Yuko.

They said funny story that during their Cameo shoot when they were rookies I wished they showed that on the show it would've been funny.

Shannon the interviewer was trying to hammer in the point that the girls like being on the show & are friends with the crew when clearly we know the don't (Remember the instagram meme a couple  of years ago that Jasmine posted and Almost all the girls like)

OMG Kelli brought her preacher to talk to the girls about currents. We talked before about her quoting sceptre was a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen. This is a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen and apparently she does that often.    

12 minutes ago, mmm said:

They said funny story that during their Cameo shoot when they were rookies I wished they showed that on the show it would've been funny.

Shannon the interviewer was trying to hammer in the point that the girls like being on the show & are friends with the crew when clearly we know the don't (Remember the instagram meme a couple  of years ago that Jasmine posted and Almost all the girls like)

OMG Kelli brought her preacher to talk to the girls about currents. We talked before about her quoting sceptre was a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen. This is a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen and apparently she does that often.    

Kashara only roomed with Yuko for the calendar shoot. 

What meme are you talking about that Jasmine posted? I doubt a girl in the Bachelor circle of nonsense “hated” being on a reality show. They both seemed genuine in complimenting the crew. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

What meme are you talking about that Jasmine posted? I doubt a girl in the Bachelor circle of nonsense “hated” being on a reality show. They both seemed genuine in complimenting the crew. 

There was meme from two years ago you will find it if you digging deep on this board it was posted her, It said we find out that CMT is coming back next year & the pic was Prince looking annoyed. Both Danielle and Jaice commented on it and almost the girls who were on the team at the time liked it. 

Um, which way do your arms go Jessika? Surprised they didn’t show her getting called out. 

19 minutes ago, mmm said:

There was meme from two years ago you will find it if you digging deep on this board it was posted her, It said we find out that CMT is coming back next year & the pic was Prince looking annoyed. Both Danielle and Jaice commented on it and almost the girls who were on the team at the time liked it. 

No wonder she was cut then. ?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Um, which way do your arms go Jessika? Surprised they didn’t show her getting called out. 

Christina's kicks were super low in that clip. Usually, I struggle to tell when someone's kicks aren't on par with everyone else's, but that was painfully obvious. I would like to see how hers compared to Taryn's.

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Wait, Christina has bad kicks?! 

Seriously, Kelli? Seriously, Judy? My eyes just rolled out of my head

There goes Kelli again with the "we have 38 girls left and need to have a roster of 36". I'm sure most (if not all) unspoiled viewers are anticipating what two girls will be cut. There's just no way they can't show Erica being cut or not mention it at all. Like, it literally would not make sense.

Edited by NMDD43
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Christina's kicks were super low in that clip. Usually, I struggle to tell when someone's kicks aren't on par with everyone else's, but that was painfully obvious. I would like to see how hers compared to Taryn's.

Her jump split might have been even more sad than her kicks. It bothers me to no end that she made the team. Even with Erica gone and opening up an extra spot, doesn't mean they had to take 36. She is no better than she was years ago when she tried out

• Love 16
17 hours ago, MssdDrms said:

I think their shorts are TOO short.  They're practically panties with a belt.

I find it odd, after many years of watching this show, that for outfits that are "custom made" don't seem to look like they are fitted to each girl.  For example, sometimes when you look at photos taken of the girls on the field you will see the back side of a few here and there and their rear end will be hanging out of the shorts.  Also, the blouses "ties" hang down to the waist of some girls and not so much on others.  And (I would assume it would be due to some girls having a longer or shorter torso) depending on the girl her shorts may top out at either below the hip, at the hip or at the waistline which creates a muffin top look on some of the girls.

Obviously performing on the field no one is going to notice from the stands, but during photos/close ups, or show group, it is noticeable. 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

The expression on Jessika's face when she realized she messed up was everything.

Edited by veronicamers
18 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

They've seen over a decade of girls being humiliated on this show, of girls giving up everything to go through training camp and still getting turned away. First of all, it is frigging expensive just to prepare yourself to having a fighting chance at the audition - dance class, gym membership, DCC prep class, Kitty's class, sparkly outfits, teeth whitening, tights, shoes, a solo costume, solo choreo, hair extensions, makeup, spray tan, mani pedi, and on and on. And for those who make it to training camp, they have to give up a lot with no guarantee of a reward. Their whole lives become about being a DCC and for many in their early 20s, they'd miss out on a lot - sororities, spending time with friends or a boyfriend, pursuing a challenging field of study, etc. The DCC tell you how to look, how to behave, who who you can spend time with, what you post on your social media, etc. And then if you actually make the team you make peanuts until you're on show group or on the team long enough to be chosen for the juicy paid appearances. Plus there are so many other dance teams in DFW. The others may not be as famous, but it's easier to get on them, and the girls who are on them seem to really have a lot of fun. Maybe Kelli and Co. have done too good a job of showing how hard it is to make this team. It just may not seem worth it.

Absolutely. The DCC were yuuge in the 70s. I wasn't around to see it, but this was before cable, before people had more than handful of tv channels to watch. Their first movie aired nationally and it was huge. Jayne Seymour was a pretty big star at that time. So was Julie from the love boat. The ratings were so amazing, they made a sequel. They were also on lots of tv shows like the afore-mentioned Love Boat, Family Feud, the Donny and Marie show, the Jerry Lewis telethon. Those things were big back then and the DCC were all over it. The DCC had a resurgence in the 90s when the Cowboys started winning super bowls. I remember ESPN would air a DCC swimsuit special every year, and that was nationwide exposure. The CMT show came after espn began focusing on other teams. There were shows about the raiderettes, the bucs cheerleaders, the dolphins cheerleaders, the charger girls, etc, and the HBO show hard knocks began including footage of the featured team's cheerleaders. That's what I think gave CMT the idea for the DCC show.

The DCC have a lot of history. The team has done a lot, and Kelli has worked her butt off to build that brand. There is a team in Australia that copies every single thing the DCC do, down to those polka dot lolita dresses! That gives you an idea of their reach. They are very very famous...in their lane. Huge fish in the pond they swim in. But it's a pretty small pond. Even so, they are definitely famous and the roots of that fame started growing long before social media, when it was a lot harder to get famous.

Very true, I watched a lot of those specials (I was born in 72) and wanted to grow up and be a DCC...I remember them dancing to "If my Friend's Could See Me Now" and thinking someday that would be me!  I did end up on HS dance team, an officer and then one year as a Strutter - then got married at 19 and had two kids by 22, so my dance career was over.  But at 45 I still watch the show and wish I would have gotten a chance. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

HOW DID CHRISTINA MAKE THE SQUAD???? SHE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, LynneH said:

I find it odd, after many years of watching this show, that for outfits that are "custom made" don't seem to look like they are fitted to each girl.  For example, sometimes when you look at photos taken of the girls on the field you will see the back side of a few here and there and their rear end will be hanging out of the shorts.  Also, the blouses "ties" hang down to the waist of some girls and not so much on others.  And (I would assume it would be due to some girls having a longer or shorter torso) depending on the girl her shorts may top out at either below the hip, at the hip or at the waistline which creates a muffin top look on some of the girls.

Obviously performing on the field no one is going to notice from the stands, but during photos/close ups, or show group, it is noticeable. 

I'm so glad Im not alone on this!!!  Kelli has repeatedly said in the past that its the most custom garment the girls will ever wear, even more so than their wedding dress and Im like, 'errrr bullshhh'   I LOVED Meagan in season 9 (she had a husky voice and a 'chunkier' frame, absolutely gorgeous face and I thought a great performer, very well spoken, very sweet, danced well, and was cut because of how she looked in the uniform, in part because of her 'thutt' that her thigh and butt didn't have a clear demarkation. so rather than shape the shorts to hide that 'flaw' she was cut. I thought she looked just fine in the uniform. she was a great performer, beautiful girl, and they didn't want to cut her, but because of how she looked in the uniform. 9 out of 10 wouldnt' have seen any issue with how she looked in the uniform. she didn't' look heavy, just a bit more square, and if the uniform was truly custom to each girl, they could actuall make almost any body type work in the uniform.
what it really seems to be, iis about four different belt types, and then rolling up the shorts until they're in the crease of the groin and calling that custom. because the bras and the blouses can hardly be called custom.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, mmm said:

Honestly I think Christina & Alexandra and maybe Miranda and on the chopping block for next year 

If not, they should be. I see Alexandria quitting anyway, between barely making it, and having a fiancee and new home in boston.  Christina bothers me a lot, dance-wise. those kicks..supporting leg so bent it was painful and even then. and somehow she made the team after the super dire 'we have two more cuts to make' nonsense. her jumpsplit though was for me far worse than the kicks. she hit the ground well before anyone else, partially because her jump wasa pretty low, and had she had another girl on the other side of her, that'd have caused issues. she was fully in the split on the ground, before the rookie in the middle's feet had even fit the ground, let alone the rest of her.  she will hurt someone if she doesn't get her act together. it may even be her

• Love 8

I am still quite chuffed that Taryn was cut over Christina. Christina's low kicks are yes, painfully obvious, especially on the left. Then Jessika, oh my Stars!! I remember a certain DCC who had pos comments on her individual dance tryouts that did not make it back after she went the wrong way on first kick in kick line. For Crying in the Night.

In comparison, Holly sure could kick... For all of the deal breaker talk in regards to kicking...seems more than a tad unfair. Boo.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

HOW DID CHRISTINA MAKE THE SQUAD???? SHE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

I think they took Christina and Taryn to training camp never expecting to put them on the team.  It was all for the TV show.   So much of what they do is for the TV show.  Kelly and Judy try to do what is best for the team but they weren't expecting Holly and Erica to be gone.  I have heard that Taryn is still VERY mad about the whole thing and thinks she should be on the team.   If these girls want to be on the team so bad I don't understand why they don't have their kicks before they try out.  Training camp is not for learning how to do your kicks.  Why would K&J even take someone the training camp if they can't kick?!!!!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

I am still quite chuffed that Taryn was cut over Christina. Christina's low kicks are yes, painfully obvious, especially on the left. Then Jessika, oh my Stars!! I remember a certain DCC who had pos comments on her individual dance tryouts that did not make it back after she went the wrong way on first kick in kick line. For Crying in the Night.

In comparison, Holly sure could kick... For all of the deal breaker talk in regards to kicking...seems more than a tad unfair. Boo.

I liked Taryn way more than Christine.  At any rate, I think she's a one-timer.

• Love 8

Yes, I agree. One and done. What was her (Christina's) comment, about having unfinished business ? Business finished then. (and then some)

I hope Lacey gets some serious props for what she brings to the team. She does not get enough of the spotlight (from what I can see)

and I am still wondering why Erica went rogue so to speak. She did not come across as a rule breaker in her first years...then guess who pops up in pics with Jenna and Holly? One or more in that trio was quite the instigator and they all went down. wonder if Erica regrets? Holly seems to think she is all set for LA and DCC was just a stop on the way.

LOL I was thinking currants like in jam. no idear

• Love 5
6 hours ago, kalibean said:

If any of you DFW locals are dying to meet Gina and see if she’s a solid ambassador, treat yo self to a trip to Albertson’s in either Mansfield or FW. Side note - Albertson’s is my least favorite grocery store EVER. 

How far apart are these two towns that they only have 15 minutes to get to the next one?  That's not a lot of time. 

(Up here in the Northeast, they are called Acme--same company though. I hate them too.)

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

How far apart are these two towns that they only have 15 minutes to get to the next one?  That's not a lot of time. 

(Up here in the Northeast, they are called Acme--same company though. I hate them too.)

I'd say 7-8 miles away; and I know for sure the Tom Thumb is right next to the highway (287) so I assume they'll just jump on 287 and head south...it's do-able at noon. 

Would love to hear about Gina if someone makes it over there!

Edited by Spooky
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Kelli would be having a panic attack, she always says you're late if you're more than a half hour early LOL

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Kelli would be having a panic attack, she always says you're late if you're more than a half hour early LOL

It doesn't help that the freeways/tollways in DFW are ridiculous on a normal day. I swear, if someone sneezes, traffic backs up for 10 miles. And if someone is changing a tire or getting a ticket? Forget about your plans, because you're going to be in for some serious pavement appreciation time. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Holly seems to think she is all set for LA and DCC was just a stop on the way.

Well...yeah. I assumed that from jump. Quite honestly, someone like Holly, with her talent and showmanship, who wants to be a working performer, and who isn't pursing a career or education in another field, has no business being an NFL cheerleader for more than a couple of years. It's a waste of her time and her gifts. She could be doing so much more. I'm very interested to see what she does next.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, mmm said:

KaShara only lived with Yuko on the calendar trip, not on an ongoing basis I thought

• Love 1
2 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Current events, probably meant the shootings, hurricanes, and world war 3 on the horizon.

God, does every word have to be shortened?  It just sounds stupid.  I mean no disrespect to @mmm.  Press conferences are now pressers.  Just as stupid.  Sorry moderators to go off the subject.  

This is my hot button.  I watch Billions and they use the word “presser" all the time.  I just hate it.  And don’t get me started on “cray.”  Again, it’s my problem. 

I’m out.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Dcc fan said:

Shelly can you confirm which former (9)  DCC are AS this season please? I know people were saying it is only Claire, Danielle Amy T and Jessica but I know I said (previously that) I also thought Jenk (said she) was an AS too and others said JenK wasn't an AS because she now works for DCC (which I am pretty  sure she is a DCC AS and is able to work for DCC too).  Only asking because I always thought there is usually 5 AS (minimum) per season or so.

Also why is there 9 AS this season? Has Britney Schram/Kelsey Bond ever been an AS? Those two are one of my faves DCCs

Emma, Nicole, Katy, Rachel, Jessica, Danielle, Jennifer, Claire & Amy T.

There is not a set number of AS’s season to season, irs whatever/whoever makes sense.

Neither Britney nor Kelsey were ever AS’s.

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 1

Seriously how is Jessika still on the team? Who is she related to on staff? Her solo was a trainwreck , her hair is terrible , she's heavy in the middle, she is messy and still getting outdanced by rookies. Why just why? 

• Love 5
57 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

God, does every word have to be shortened?  It just sounds stupid.  I mean no disrespect to @mmm.  Press conferences are now pressers.  Just as stupid.  Sorry moderators to go off the subject.  

This is my hot button.  I watch Billions and they use the word “presser" all the time.  I just hate it.  And don’t get me started on “cray.”  Again, it’s my problem. 

I’m out.

I told you I forgot. Plus I think you were missing the point of that sentence 

Edited by mmm
5 minutes ago, Kiki88 said:

Seriously how is Jessika still on the team? Who is she related to on staff? Her solo was a trainwreck , her hair is terrible , she's heavy in the middle, she is messy and still getting outdanced by rookies. Why just why? 

THIS!!! When I saw her solo (which was posted on Twitter), I thought no way in hell would she be invited back, but there she is!  

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Kiki88 said:

I noticed that in the kickline snippet and just thought maybe it was the angle, but she looked big, esp straight on and in the spliits. Not a lot I wouldn't give to look like that, but for a DCC she was looking very thick int he midsection.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

There also a rumor about her dating a player. You might also find it on this board a couple of years ago. 

• Love 2
On 10/6/2017 at 1:57 PM, cmccasandra said:

No, it's crazy humid here.  I live in Houston and it's 100% humidity most of the time.  Dallas is the same in the summer

The humidity in Dallas is nowhere near what they see down in the swamp (Houston)

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Holly seems to think she is all set for LA and DCC was just a stop on the way.

She has too much talent to be a profess cheerleader for more than a couple of years.  And most pro dancers look down on cheerleaders.  Don’t think of them as “real” dancers.  Which is kinda cray, a lot of these sports team dancers are really good.

• Love 3