Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I’m pretty sure Kelli does not want to put on tv they have another problem with a cheerleader.  End of story.  Just like she said about Holly. She resigned and we are moving on. I think her patience is at an end.

1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

I’m pretty sure Kelli does not want to put on tv they have another problem with a cheerleader.  End of story.  Just like she said about Holly. She resigned and we are moving on. I think her patience is at an end.

I agree with this. They have to be careful about how much drama they include in this show. Showing that a couple of girls got out of line and had to be seriously corrected lines up with Kelli's goals to show that this is hard work, that this is a reputable organization with high standards, and that the girls have to work hard and prove themselves worthy. When it's more than a couple of girls screwing around, it starts to look like there is something systemically wrong with the organization. They have to be very careful to pick and choose what storylines to include in a season.

• Love 1

Side thought, wonder why they don't have the pink star or pink pom accents yet? I thought they did that for all home games in October, or are they only doing it for pink halftime? Is there any Pink event going on this month @ShellyB?

• Love 1

Today they are doing the Breast Cancer Awareness performance, and they started wearing the pink stars on their uniforms at last weekend's home game. They have a bye next week, and the last two October games will be out of town. Jessika must not be going too bad because she was chosen Game Day Girl.

I was pissed at how Kelli just blew off Holly's exit last episode. Makes it seem like it was no big deal when it really was. Also, was Holly's office visit the episode before last heavily edited? How she went from straight denial to suddenly head down "I don't know what to say" was weird! Kelli's statement of rumors and locker room talk just didn't seem to warrant that sudden change. Was there some photo evidence she was shown that they cut out?

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Today they are doing the Breast Cancer Awareness performance, and they started wearing the pink stars on their uniforms at last weekend's home game. They have a bye next week, and the last two October games will be out of town. Jessika must not be going too bad because she was chosen Game Day Girl.

No pink stars, just mention of their pink practice outfits, and normally there's mention of practice for the pink halftime as well by now. It likely would have been featured on social media and I don't see it. 

Regarding Simone, I can't speak to her injury and I only remember her critiques being "noodly" during TCC but I have to say, I was extremely impressed by how charming and articulate on her live Facebook video with Carsten. I'm a huge fan of Carsten who we know to be intelligent, but I actually thought Simone more than held her own - she came off friendly, bubbly, charismatic and sweet. It wouldn't surprise me if she were "a locker room favorite."

I don't think they show enough of the girls' personalities but I can imagine Judy and Kelli take this into consideration when picking the team as well. I think you can also tell who are favorites by who gets selected to go on meet+greets and who they pick to do Live Videos.  To be honest, those facebook Q&A videos have been awesome - almost more interesting than the show this season!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Stee said:

Regarding Simone, I can't speak to her injury and I only remember her critiques being "noodly" during TCC but I have to say, I was extremely impressed by how charming and articulate on her live Facebook video with Carsten. I'm a huge fan of Carsten who we know to be intelligent, but I actually thought Simone more than held her own - she came off friendly, bubbly, charismatic and sweet. It wouldn't surprise me if she were "a locker room favorite."

I don't think they show enough of the girls' personalities but I can imagine Judy and Kelli take this into consideration when picking the team as well. I think you can also tell who are favorites by who gets selected to go on meet+greets and who they pick to do Live Videos.  To be honest, those facebook Q&A videos have been awesome - almost more interesting than the show this season!

I think they realized the success of the FB live and that's why they're doing a podcast now. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Stee said:

Regarding Simone, I can't speak to her injury and I only remember her critiques being "noodly" during TCC but I have to say, I was extremely impressed by how charming and articulate on her live Facebook video with Carsten. I'm a huge fan of Carsten who we know to be intelligent, but I actually thought Simone more than held her own - she came off friendly, approachable, charismatic and sweet.

I don't think they show enough of the girls' personalities but I can imagine Judy and Kelli take this into consideration when picking the team as well. I think you can also tell who are favorites by who gets selected to go on meet+greets and who they pick to do Live Videos.  Those have been some of my favorite moments from this season. 

I really like Simone - she comes across very sweet, well-spoken, and easy going. Plus she's a cat person and I always like that in a person

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

No pink stars, just mention of their pink practice outfits, and normally there's mention of practice for the pink halftime as well by now. It likely would have been featured on social media and I don't see it. 

Picture from last week of Jinelle with at least one pink star on her uniform:

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Side thought, wonder why they don't have the pink star or pink pom accents yet? I thought they did that for all home games in October, or are they only doing it for pink halftime? Is there any Pink event going on this month @ShellyB?

I was just watching the game and I thought the same. The players aren’t wearing it. They haven’t shown cheerleaders so no idea if they are wearing any pink.

Edited by PBSLover
35 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

I think they realized the success of the FB live and that's why they're doing a podcast now. 

Is that true or are you kidding ?

38 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Where can I find this podcast?  Best news ever!

edited to add: Doh!  You just posted it. Thanks!

Edited by Stee
59 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Picture from last week of Jinelle with at least one pink star on her uniform:

The entire NFk is backing off Breast cancer awareness for a number  of reasons that includes  questions about where funds from certain teams (cough cough Cowboys) were directed, and also how the League as a whole addressed cancer awareness --- outside of the breast cancer awareness they were getting paid to promitepromote 

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 2

It's honestly not that big of a deal that SHE said it's not that big of a deal. Sure, I think point is important to the girls, but I think she meant to say that it's not as big of a deal as WE make it.

If a hair whip is out of place some people go nuts here. I'd give her a break. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

Pink Halftime is today I think?

Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Game is over, no halftime..

Hmmmph.....Google lied.  Says they're in 3rd Q

Dallas Cowboys
2-3, 3rd in NFC East
NFL regular season
Final - Sunday, October 8, 4:25 PM
AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas

Green Bay
Packers(4-1)    

Dallas
Cowboys(2-3)    
Box Score

Just now, MelTexGirl said:

On the DCC instastory, were my eyes deceiving me or did I see Emma? When they were exiting to prepare for the players entrance. I think she was the second one to our right in front of Stephanie. 

Her and JennK filed in for Simone and Khalyn.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Her and JennK filed in for Simone and Khalyn.

I wonder how an All Star learns blocking for a specific cheerleader she fills in for?  That's gotta be really difficult.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Fix something
  • Love 1

as an Aside....did anyone else see the Alcohol is not spelled correctly on the document that Kelli shows to Holly? If memory serves it is spelled Alochol or some other variation. What in the world? official maybe legal document? I also noted some spelling errors on the Dallas Cowboys website, last week or the week prior there was one in Sam's article. I would think Cowboys organization has spell check? Just sayin...

And I am fixated on why they have turned Jessica into a blond (I know this travesty started last year.) Looks horrible, as it does not compliment her skin tone.

So I wanted to make an official Hair Color correction list:

Jessika (forgot does she spell with K?) should be Brunette or Auburn,

Lauren Brunette (pics as brunette were super) and eyebrow needs to be less severe

Brennan, agree with poster who said her chances might have been better with a different makeover, Brunette

Tasha change to Auburn with blond low lights

Alexandria....warm brown or even reddish undertones. Part on the side, not in the middle as well. warm make up colors

I am confusing two Rookies, Rachel and not Miranda, the other long haired Brunette, they are very similar from a distance. Not sure that is a negative, just confusing.

and I will need to go back to auditions to remember the Young ladies name that tried out and was cut due to her "look"..Melissa and Neil McCoy just couldn't see it. She was AMAZING, just had black hair that was too severe. (was also described as "cat like" by hair stylist.) How great a story line would she have been? Team lost a great candidate for sure. In the previous seasons there were several women who would have been super with some effort put towards make up and hair color that were not given a chance. Boo.

Would love your thoughts on makeover ideas, or other DCCs

7 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

I wonder how an All Star learns blocking for a specific cheerleader she fills in for?  That's gotta be really difficult.

They've showed it in previous seasons, they basically learn it during the practice before the game. Emma talked about how it was difficult to fill in for girls farther back in the triangle because the distance they have to move during formation changes is so much larger.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, lizzi6692 said:

They've showed it in previous seasons, they basically learn it during the practice before the game. Emma talked about how it was difficult to fill in for girls farther back in the triangle because the distance they have to move during formation changes is so much larger.

Ah I remember that now.  I just can't remember who she was filling in for....

In addition to me thinking that Jenna won't be back next year, I also don't think she'll be asked to be an All Star unless she REALLY redeems herself over the season and there's limited opportunities for her to do so during that time frame.  She's like going to go on the calendar shoot, but All Star?  Nope.  I don't think so.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

I didn't say bogus. Stretched and farfetched maybe. Her grades weren't bad but not med school good. She graduated a couple years ago too.

I have a friend who went to Vanderbilt, always intending to apply for medical school, great grades, and after evaluating her application realized she'd probably only get in to a lower tier school. So she bailed on the dream and went to Johns Hopkins for nursing school. If Certen's grades were just mediocre, especially from a school like LSU, which quite frankly isn't a beacon of academic excellence, she doesn't stand a chance of getting into med school.

1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

I have a friend who went to Vanderbilt, always intending to apply for medical school, great grades, and after evaluating her application realized she'd probably only get in to a lower tier school. So she bailed on the dream and went to Johns Hopkins for nursing school. If Certen's grades were just mediocre, especially from a school like LSU, which quite frankly isn't a beacon of academic excellence, she doesn't stand a chance of getting into med school.

I didn't say mediocre either just not super high or dean's list every semester. She is smart. Med school is competitive.

Just now, UnicornKicks said:

I didn't say mediocre either just not super high or dean's list every semester. She is smart. Med school is competitive.

Yeah, you can tell she's smart and has her shit together. Med school is just a whole different animal. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, coffeemug230 said:

It looks like Alexandria lightened up her make up.

She is one of my rookies favs (I like in new england and can't help but root for a boston girl!) My other fav is Lauren. My third fav is Laurens abs. OMG

I really like Alexandria. I think she will be one and done for a host of reasons -- mostly hers, some DCCs.

1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

This made me laugh because you are totally -- right. The always talk about LSU on the show like it is this super amazing school. "She went to LSU!" It is a crappy state schools with decent-ish (occasionally) football. It is not this mega achievement to go there.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, catmom720 said:

@LiveLoveLaugh  I am a fellow 50-something who was on drill team in HS.  Been a fan since Season 1!

Re: the whole Holly issue...the girl is underage and shouldn't have been in a bar in the first place!  These girls are public figures and did they honestly think they'd be able to go under the radar on this? Jenna shouldn't have been a participant in Holly's huge lapse of judgement.  Makes her look stupid even being involved!  Jenna thinks she's being punished, huh?  She should be glad she wasn't CUT!

You're not the only one who likes Christina.  Love what you said about her.  I'm happy she finally made the team after years of auditioning and hope she's not a one-and-done.  And I think KaShara is perfect for point :)

I'm another 50 something, glad to be in good company, totally agree with you on your comments.  

15 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

The irony being, complaining about still being punished (after frankly getting off super lightly with just being taken off HOF no matter how big a deal they made of it) just cements it in people minds that you deserve to continue to be punished, that you've not learned your lesson yet. oh well

I just saw a preview for the upcoming episode.  Jenna's in the office with Kelly and Kelly says something to the effect "you need to get over it, it's toxic to the team."  I'll be glad when Jenna retires.  I perceive her to be a "hooray for me, fuck you" type of individual.

• Love 4

I know everyone has their favorites for various reasons. That's why I love the care that goes into the selection process as the judges pick ladies who appeal to various audiences. That said, my dream group this season if I could pick would be:  GL Kashara, 2nd Heather, Cersten, Simone, Robyn, Bess, Yuko, Lexie, and Savannah.  Hope they're all back next year!

12 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I'm sorry to hear your friend abandoned her dream. I think those who didn't go to top tier undergraduate schools do find a medical school somewhere to get into . Not everyone wanted to, could afford to, or got into top 10/ivy league undergraduate schools. Doesn't LSU have a medical school?

there's the old riddle... What do you call the person who finishes last from medical ( and probably law) school ? Answer: You call them Doctor. So unless the specialty and or the person is obsessed with which medical school they go to, I'm sure there's a place somewhere, sometime. A good test of that theory would be to ask DRs, that you frequent - I would admit I don't think I ever asked what undergrad they went to.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I have to agree with Livelovelaugh on her post a couple of pages ago.  For some reason I'm so glad Christina made the team.  It is just sweet to me that someone who has tried to hard to make the team finally made it.  

I just read the last 6 pages here to catch up and I'm wondering if someone would be willing to quickly fill in a few blanks/blurry spots for me about Erica. First, I'm shocked that she was cut for drinking at the HOF game. I did not see that coming! What I didn't quite get from the last 6 pages: Was she actually intoxicated, or just drinking? Was she in DCC gear while doing it? Also, I understand that she posted some pictures of herself doing this on Snapchat--did anyone here get to see them? Did she think she was clever putting them on Snapchat because the evidence "disappears"? Thanks to anyone willing to fill me in on this mysterious scandal! 

5 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I just read the last 6 pages here to catch up and I'm wondering if someone would be willing to quickly fill in a few blanks/blurry spots for me about Erica. First, I'm shocked that she was cut for drinking at the HOF game. I did not see that coming! What I didn't quite get from the last 6 pages: Was she actually intoxicated, or just drinking? Was she in DCC gear while doing it? Also, I understand that she posted some pictures of herself doing this on Snapchat--did anyone here get to see them? Did she think she was clever putting them on Snapchat because the evidence "disappears"? Thanks to anyone willing to fill me in on this mysterious scandal! 

I believe (though could be wrong) she'd changed into street clothes.

• Love 1

I like Alexandria too.  Also from New England here lol.  She is a long way from home she just bought and her family so it would be touch to go year after year.  I'm guessing the average tenure it two to three years especially if they have academic goals.

• Love 3