Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

It's likely her kicks were just late. That's the case with the majority of the kickline pictures I feel like, other than Christina. 

which isn't a whole lot better, really, given how much K&J go on about timing, esp in something like the kick line and how easy it is to injure the girls on either side of you when your time is off. either way, its not a great photo between how hunched she is, the bend in her knee and the obvious effort which has me wondering if she's behind or if it was a spectacularly low kick she was straining to try to get higher

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Tellmemore said:

Who is that in front of Alexandria? Her shorts look uncomfortable to me. 

20171009_203357.png

JennK from last year, she was filling in for Simone. 

Just now, Princess Chloe said:

Vet Jenn Amburn (Jenn K). And yeah, the shorts look a wee bit tight. Like she wasn't expecting to have to wear them again so soon.....

She's an Allstar so she wears them to most home games that she's at on duty. I think AS may be given a little room as far as weight but still be in shape for the uniform.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

She's an Allstar so she wears them to most home games that she's at on duty. I think AS may be given a little room as far as weight but still be in shape for the uniform.

I don't know why they would be... DCC AS or current DCC, the crowd can't tell the difference. They just see DCC.

However, let it be said that I would sacrifice my first born to look like Jenn K on any day... tight shorts or not.

• Love 1

I agree, If a regular DCC looked like that she'd be benched. Those shorts are giving her muffin-top.     

I guess I get the thrill of performing without having the crazy schedule, but I don't know if it would be worth it to try and stay in Gameday shape. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

And her tights have a run

It doesn't look like any of them are wearing tights for game days.. no color differences between their tummy and their legs... I rather think her spray tan ran a little....

During training camp you could see the differences between their legs and their stomachs.. they wore tights then but in their uniforms they don't seem to.

I could be wrong. I am not an expert. Just a lurker!

2 minutes ago, Princess Chloe said:

It doesn't look like any of them are wearing tights for game days.. no color differences between their tummy and their legs... I rather think her spray tan ran a little....

During training camp you could see the differences between their legs and their stomachs.. they wore tights then but in their uniforms they don't seem to.

I could be wrong. I am not an expert. Just a lurker!

Most teams use a brand called Diva hosiery or something similar. There's different shades for different skin tones.

22 minutes ago, Java said:

I agree, If a regular DCC looked like that she'd be benched. Those shorts are giving her muffin-top.     

I guess I get the thrill of performing without having the crazy schedule, but I don't know if it would be worth it to try and stay in Gameday shape. 

Seems like it would be tougher to stay in shape as an AS since you're not going to practice every night and dancing for hours. Umm, no thanks! 

• Love 2

Miranda girl looks like a “I dream of Jeannie bottle”. ..yes I’m dating myself 

F1E14A55-B737-4B4A-A33E-67457322E7D9.jpeg

2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

which isn't a whole lot better, really, given how much K&J go on about timing, esp in something like the kick line and how easy it is to injure the girls on either side of you when your time is off. either way, its not a great photo between how hunched she is, the bend in her knee and the obvious effort which has me wondering if she's behind or if it was a spectacularly low kick she was straining to try to get higher

Retry 

Edited by dnzkzy
Miss spelling sorry
6 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

a few thoughts and a question....I thought Cersten had a date to take her MCATS (talked to K and J about it in the office beginning of season.) Did something change? I went back to watch episode...

Not sure. When do medical schools send out their acceptances? I know she is on pins&needles.. and so are we. :)  Is a DCC allowed to have a regular FB and/or IG acct?

5 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

what's going on with Simone ? Injury? what game was this - vs. the Packers?  And speaking of which ,for those of us who live outside of Dallas and viewed the game on national tv (fox), everytime the cameras would pan over to the sideline, everyone was blurred. Not just the nearby cheerleader, but anyone else that happened to be a non-player. Do they dance when the game is over when all of the cameras are roaming around doing post-game interviews?

Edited by sATL
2 hours ago, tajalexander said:

Kash is gonna get Pro Bowl, isn’t she? *long sigh*

I like her but damn, are there not 35 other girls on the team?! This may be her last year because I don’t see it getting any better than this for a 4th or 5th year lol 

I would think Jinelle or Lacey would get pro bowl first. And isn't this Kashara's 3yrd year?

• Love 4
(edited)
38 minutes ago, Princess Chloe said:

I would think Jinelle or Lacey would get pro bowl first. And isn't this Kashara's 3yrd year?

Brittany Evans was a third year vet when she was selected to be Pro Bowl Girl in Season 5.

I roll my eyes when someone say the DCCs are America's best because in my opinion, I have seen better dancing and routines by other dance teams.

Edited by bigskygirl
2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Brittany Evans was a third year vet when she was selected to be Pro Bowl Girl in Season 5.

I roll my eyes when someone say the DCCs are the best because in my opinion, I have seen better dancing and routines by other dance teams.

Absolutely.  Are they good? Yes, of course.  Are they as good as they seem to believe? Not even close.   Sometimes I can't tell if Kelli actually believes they're world-renowned and the best of hte best as she keeps saying, or if she thinks if she keeps saying it it'll be true, but it's not.  The choreo has been tired for a good few years and the level of talent and precision has been wavering for a little while now.  Do they have the capactity to be great? Absolutely. but they're not there at the moment and there'd be a lot of work to do to get there.  BUT that said, they get the job done, entertaining the crowd and selling calendars so...

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Absolutely.  Are they good? Yes, of course.  Are they as good as they seem to believe? Not even close.   Sometimes I can't tell if Kelli actually believes they're world-renowned and the best of hte best as she keeps saying, or if she thinks if she keeps saying it it'll be true, but it's not.  The choreo has been tired for a good few years and the level of talent and precision has been wavering for a little while now.  Do they have the capactity to be great? Absolutely. but they're not there at the moment and there'd be a lot of work to do to get there.  BUT that said, they get the job done, entertaining the crowd and selling calendars so...

True! I admit I would have given the DCCs a second thought if it was not for the show. They can market themselves well in order to get people interested in them, but I do remember Kelli saying the swimsuit calendar sales were down compared to the sideline calendar sales a few years ago. Sadly, the majority of their routines remind me of junior high, high school or even college level type dancing without the sexiness factor thrown in.

On 10/8/2017 at 5:35 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Side thought, wonder why they don't have the pink star or pink pom accents yet? I thought they did that for all home games in October, or are they only doing it for pink halftime? Is there any Pink event going on this month @ShellyB?

No pink halftime as the NFL has designated October as Crucial Catch month, for early detection of all cancers. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I roll my eyes when someone say the DCCs are America's best because in my opinion, I have seen better dancing and routines by other dance teams.

for me, it's how it said.. It would come across a little better if there was some humility and say why you are the best. Like when the players talk about why they think they are going to win/ or why did they win, they say something like "we work hard, we belive in our coaching staff, we have a good group rookies this year, we are injury free, etc".

Back to the HOF game, that would have been a good opportunity to do a dance off against the AZ Cardinals cheerleaders, presuming they came to the event as well. Most of the time when we see the DCC they aren't dancing against anyone.

2 minutes ago, sATL said:

for me, it's how it said.. It would come across a little better if there was some humility and say why you are the best. Like when the players talk about why they think they are going to win/ or why did they win, they say something like "we work hard, we belive in our coaching staff, we have a good group rookies this year, we are injury free, etc".

Back to the HOF game, that would have been a good opportunity to do a dance off against the AZ Cardinals cheerleaders, presuming they came to the event as well. Most of the time when we see the DCC they aren't dancing against anyone.

The raging cynic in me would say that's quite deliberate. its easy to say you're the best when you're not in direct comparison to someone else. dance next to/against another team and you have the risk of being overshadowed. I don't know how good the AZ cheerleaders are/are considered to be, but how embarrassing would that be, to be shown up when you're own owner is being honoured?

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

The raging cynic in me would say that's quite deliberate. its easy to say you're the best when you're not in direct comparison to someone else. dance next to/against another team and you have the risk of being overshadowed. I don't know how good the AZ cheerleaders are/are considered to be, but how embarrassing would that be, to be shown up when you're own owner is being honoured?

I agree. I had to look up who played Dallas in the HOF game. I admit - I was expecting to see one of the few NFL teams that do not have professional cheerleaders. Which would have meant the DCC had the entire halftime to perform.

I think there is a coach/owner inducted into the HOF every year - along with a set nbr of former players. Do  they (the other coach/owner inductees) bring their cheerleading team?

Edited by sATL
39 minutes ago, sATL said:

I think KaShara said it they are America's best because they had to do some realignment for the routine they were going to do in the one sneak preview. I hate when they make a big freaking fuss about oh no we have to move girls around because someone cannot perform due to punishment aka Jenna, injuries aka Erica, or someone left the team aka Holly. It does not make you the best because it can happen to any dance team, cheerleader squad or football or other sport team in America.

22 minutes ago, sATL said:

I agree. I had to look up who played Dallas in the HOF game. I admit - I was expecting to see one of the few NFL teams that do not have professional cheerleaders. Which would have meant the DCC had the entire halftime to perform.

I think there is a coach/owner inducted into the HOF every year - along with a set nbr of former players. Do  they (the other coach/owner inductees) bring their cheerleading team?

I'm going to comment more as a sports fan here.  There are a set number of inductees each year for the Pro Football HOF, but it is mostly mostly made up of players.  Players, coaches, contributors, and most owners likely don't bring their cheerleaders.  Some teams don't have cheerleaders.  Other teams that do likely don't have owners that care about the cheerleading squad.  I think Jerry cares more than most owners because his daughter is involved and also the DCC brand is strong.  I'm a 35 year old male who has followed sports since the day I could walk and talk, but the only cheerleaders I've ever known anything about are DCC and the Laker Girls.  I have no idea what other teams have cheerleaders or what their squad names are, and I feel I'm pretty representative of the general population on this subject.  I think the DCC brand is very strong.  Admittedly, I know very little about dancing and competitive cheerleading.  I tell my wife when we watch that I can tell who the great dancers are and who the awful dancers are.  All the gradients in between just kinda mesh together to my untrained eye. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CaseyRe said:

Very rarely are both teams cheerleaders at the game....Super Bowls and the occasional games overseas. Whoever is “Home” team has say so on Cheerleaders/pregame and halftime. 

• Love 2

I’m amazed K&J allowed Jenn K to dance/appear in Uniform looking like that. Hot mess indeed. 

Cant blame it all on her not dancing every night now- Nicole Bulcher is an all star who has been off the regular team longer and she looks fabulous, despite having weight issues in the past

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

It does not make you the best because it can happen to any dance team, cheerleader squad or football or other sport team in America.

It's a bit like saying "we're the best because we do our job". I will say that DCC are the best at self promotion because I would say if you asked any non-football person to name one team of cheerleaders they would say Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Their uniform is iconic and they get their name out there every chance they can. Are their better dance teams out there, probably, are they as well known, not a chance. DCC is all about flash and recognition. I feel like they choose good dancers because they have to or they will have a harder time promoting themselves as the best rather than choosing good dancers because they actually want good dancers. It's all about image. And they are hands down the best at creating their image. 

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

It's a bit like saying "we're the best because we do our job". I will say that DCC are the best at self promotion because I would say if you asked any non-football person to name one team of cheerleaders they would say Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Their uniform is iconic and they get their name out there every chance they can. Are their better dance teams out there, probably, are they as well known, not a chance. DCC is all about flash and recognition. I feel like they choose good dancers because they have to or they will have a harder time promoting themselves as the best rather than choosing good dancers because they actually want good dancers. It's all about image. And they are hands down the best at creating their image. 

I wonder how much of that is done to the show, though.  and it is 100% USA specific,  no matter how much Kelli says they're recognised the world over and have 'the world's most iconic uniform' (which makes me laugh and gag a little at the pretention and hubris in that ridiculous statement). ask people in Europe, hell, show them a picture of the girls in uniform and you'll likely just get 'she's hot' but zero recognition that she's a cheerleader or for which team.  Hell, I grew up in DC, I support the Redskins (and of course The First Ladies of Football are first in my heart) and the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry is probably the biggest in the NFL. Back then I couldn't have told you if the Cowboys even had cheerleaders, let alone picked them out of a lineup in uniform.  I think a LOT of their brand recognition in the last decade is the show.  Has Kelli done a great job in ensuring they're the most famous by shopping them out to CMT and promoting them hard? absolutely, and I gotta say, as much as she makes me roll my eyes a lot, I have to respect her for the job she's done in making the brand and promoting them the way she has. has that maybe been at the cost of the team being as good as it once was? probably.  Do I enjoy watching the DCC, yes of course.  Do I love the kickline, you're damn right, but do I think they're the best? nope.  do I think they have an overinflated concept of just how good and how famous they are? without a shadow of a doubt. but hey, it works for them.  if other teams had a show, maybe they'd be just a famous

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3

I was rewatching last weeks episode and couldn't stop giggling over the whole Jenna passing the torch to Kashara business. most calculated/scripted thing I've seen in a while. Oh, sweet Kashara, Jenna wasn't being supportive of you as point and passing the torch over, she had zero choice in the matter., she would likely rip your extensions out if she thought it'd get her her place back.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Hell, I grew up in DC, I support the Redskins (and of course The First Ladies of Football are first in my heart) and the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry is probably the biggest in the NFL. Back then I couldn't have told you if the Cowboys even had cheerleaders, let alone picked them out of a lineup in uniform. 

Really? I am from CT, I know the Patriots aren't in CT but I really couldn't tell you where they are (I don't follow football at all), somewhere in Mass I assume, but I knew about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders while I was still in pigtails. Couldn't tell you if any other team has cheerleaders, but if you showed me a picture I'd know immediately that the uniform is Dallas. 

I didn't know this show existed until last year. Now I'm hooked. Still won't get me to watch football though. I just like the show. 

And if people only know about DCC because of the show then that prove their branding is working because the show is part of that, part of getting their name and image out there. It is a very smart marketing tool.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

Really? I am from CT, I know the Patriots aren't in CT but I really couldn't tell you where they are (I don't follow football at all), somewhere in Mass I assume, but I knew about the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders while I was still in pigtails. Couldn't tell you if any other team has cheerleaders, but if you showed me a picture I'd know immediately that the uniform is Dallas. 

I didn't know this show existed until last year. Now I'm hooked. Still won't get me to watch football though. I just like the show. 

And if people only know about DCC because of the show then that prove their branding is working because the show is part of that, part of getting their name and image out there. It is a very smart marketing tool.

I fully agree, its what I said above. Kelli has done a phenomenal job in increasing the value and visibility of the DCC Brand. no matter what I think of it (ie, that the girls are to be overtly sexual but never actually sexual or be punished, didn't there even used to be a rule that bfs/husbands couldn't even pick them up at the airport because it made them appear unavailable or am I thinking of another team?) the show, the calendars, the tours, the relentless promotions, Kelli and the team have done an amazing job at getting the brand out there.  They're just nowhere near as famous as they think they are.

• Love 3

Speaking of JennK...I remember the one episode in Season 6 after the squad was announced. Kelli and Judy brought the girls to watch an All-Star appearance at Six Flags, and no offense to the All-Stars, but a few of them looked like they put on some weight and looked a little rough DCC standards. I wondered if they were spoken to about weight issues like the regular squad is.

1 hour ago, Katherine1904 said:

I’m amazed K&J allowed Jenn K to dance/appear in Uniform looking like that. Hot mess indeed. 

Maybe they didn't have a choice?  Was Emma already in this game?  Could be no other All Star was available.  Side note:  @ShellyB do the current years all stars have to make themselves available on the same game schedule as the regular squad in case they need to be called to cover injury/illness?

41 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

I wonder how much of that is done to the show, though.  and it is 100% USA specific,  no matter how much Kelli says they're recognised the world over and have 'the world's most iconic uniform' (which makes me laugh and gag a little at the pretention and hubris in that ridiculous statement). ask people in Europe, hell, show them a picture of the girls in uniform and you'll likely just get 'she's hot' but zero recognition that she's a cheerleader or for which team.  Hell, I grew up in DC, I support the Redskins (and of course The First Ladies of Football are first in my heart) and the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry is probably the biggest in the NFL. Back then I couldn't have told you if the Cowboys even had cheerleaders, let alone picked them out of a lineup in uniform.  I think a LOT of their brand recognition in the last decade is the show.  Has Kelli done a great job in ensuring they're the most famous by shopping them out to CMT and promoting them hard? absolutely, and I gotta say, as much as she makes me roll my eyes a lot, I have to respect her for the job she's done in making the brand and promoting them the way she has. has that maybe been at the cost of the team being as good as it once was? probably.  Do I enjoy watching the DCC, yes of course.  Do I love the kickline, you're damn right, but do I think they're the best? nope.  do I think they have an overinflated concept of just how good and how famous they are? without a shadow of a doubt. but hey, it works for them.  if other teams had a show, maybe they'd be just a famous

I really don’t think it’s all about the show, though im sure it has helped. I think the DCCs were well-known long before that. The Dallas Cowboys in general are probably the most famous NFL team as it is, which I’m sure helps. 

As someone said earlier, if there are 2 pro dance teams that I think most people would think of and be able to name, it would be the Laker Girls and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I don’t think CMT really has that much to do with it.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I really don’t think it’s all about the show, though im sure it has helped. I think the DCCs were well-known long before that. The Dallas Cowboys in general are probably the most famous NFL team as it is, which I’m sure helps. 

As someone said earlier, if there are 2 pro dance teams that I think most people would think of and be able to name, it would be the Laker Girls and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I don’t think CMT really has that much to do with it.

Ummm.....

38 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Kashara, Jenna wasn't being supportive of you as point and passing the torch over, she had zero choice in the matter., she would likely rip your extensions out if she thought it'd get her her place back.

LOL I'm imagining the scene in Miss Congeniality when Miss United States was announced & the runners up were trying to swipe the crown :)

9 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

I really don’t think it’s all about the show, though im sure it has helped. I think the DCCs were well-known long before that.

I completely agree with this.  Corny as hell, but they were on The Love Boat in the 70s, and that show was quite popular, and they also did that made for TV movie, so people did know who they were.  I remember as a kid being impressed that they actually had to take a test on football knowledge!  Blast from the past:

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Omg... I hope that performance was "dummed down" for that crappy show. I bet they had fun back in the day, but I wonder if those retired DCC cringe over the cheesy choreo when they see it now. Yikes.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Java said:

Omg... I hope that performance was "dummed down" for that crappy show. I bet they had fun back in the day, but I wonder if those retired DCC cringe over the cheesy choreo when they see it now. Yikes.

I'm just glad nobody took a header when they did that routine on the pool, that looked like an accident waiting to happen!

• Love 5
4 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

Training camp used to be 10, 11 or 12 weeks (I don’t know exactly but it was longer).  It is now 8.  I think they need more time.

European chiming in here...

The Cowboys and the Patriots are the most recognized around here, with the Broncos and the Packers being known as well. Making the team is on tv in some countries here, so they are known here and there as well!

• Love 5