Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

Training camp used to be 10, 11 or 12 weeks (I don’t know exactly but it was longer).  It is now 8.  I think they need more time.

I think they need better talent.  I don't mean to be negative, but it's gotten to where super strong dancers are the exception more than the rule.  There's a lot of mediocrity on that current squad.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I think they need better talent.  I don't mean to be negative, but it's gotten to where super strong dancers are the exception more than the rule.  There's a lot of mediocrity on that current squad.

well then that asks the question - where have all the super strong dancers gone to? why are they not trying out? Or are they getting weeded out in final round for non-dancing things (ie interviews).

I would think the level of dance training/classes/opportunities (pre k-12) along with dance mom/parents have increased over the years, would lead to a bigger pool better trained dancers. not to mention this show being around for 12 years - and counting.

Edited by sATL
On 10/8/2017 at 1:15 PM, mmm said:

Did they change some of the choreography for Thunderstruck ?!! WTF i like less now.

Plus, Don't get me wrong I love Kashara but she's not only being out danced By Jenna like she've been since the beginning . She's now being out danced by even Robin at this point.

I think She's probably a great group leader , I think she definitely belongs on show group but they should've just stuck out with Jenna.  

Robin did look good and I agree, she is out dancing Kshara. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tulip86 said:

European chiming in here...

The Cowboys and the Patriots are the most recognized around here, with the Broncos and the Packers being known as well. Making the team is on tv in some countries here, so they are known here and there as well!

Im British, I just grew up in the States, and even my own dad, a huge NFL fan wouldn't recognise the DCC. most people here wouldn't. they MIGHT recognise the Cowboys, but not necessarily the DCC.

52 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Good question -- they might be turned off by the reality show aspect that now surrounds the squad.

For me there''s also a degree of 'too many cooks'.  The number of 'judges' is ridiculous. and if you watch Judy's face during some of te decisions, you can tell she's being overuled and she's unhappy because she knows she'll never get a girl up to snuff but Charlotte or Kelli want her. if it were solely up to Judy or Judy and Kelli I think the dance-talent would be higher. but there's about 15 judges now, and Charlotte clearly has a huge say and some of the girls she likes just arent good dancers.   I like Yuko, she's super sweet, and i think she's a good performer and shes stunning, but shes one of the weaker dancers, but Charlotte loved her. so there she is

43 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

if it were solely up to Judy or Judy and Kelli I think the dance-talent would be higher.

Totally agree. I think some of these girls are chosen specifically for the show, because they'll make good TV. Yuko last year with her fish out of water story, Gina this year with her can't get along (though she's actually a really good dancer so she has more going than just her storyline) Brennan I think was led on again because it would be a better "gut punch" story when she gets booted, again, towards the end. I think Savannah is still around based solely on her look, which is different than the sea of long blond and dark brunette hair. I think that's why Christina is still around too, to some extent. Because her look is different. Personally I think she looks older than she is, and like a soccer mom, but she does stand out.

When you're making a TV show you need the characters to look different. I think the show is watering down the talent pool. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Judy ends up leaving out of sheer frustration because they are not giving her the caliber of dancers she wants. Then again, they're cheerleaders, honestly, their purpose is to look pretty, show skin and toss around their long hair so the guys don't get bored between plays. 

Considering a dance career isn't that long (It's a young persons career) and they only have so many years to dance, most dancers might not want to take  a part time, low paying job as a cheerleader, no matter how "world class" the team might be. I think you have to really love and want to be a cheerleader to put in the time and effort DCC requires to get the low pay and total lack of job security the DCC offers. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

No pink halftime as the NFL has designated October as Crucial Catch month, for early detection of all cancers. 

I actually like this because colon and pancreatic cancer and leukemia are all important cancers in my family. Early detection is key...and I imagine for the players prostrate cancer as well. Cure and catch all cancers is a good thing:)

• Love 6

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/inside-nfl-cheerleaders-legal-fight-better-pay-1025740

I'm sure this link (or something similar) has been posted before, as I'm brand spanking new here, so my apologies if you've all seen this already.  Again, I know next to nothing about dancing, so take my opinion with a salt shaker full of salt.  Unless it has been your dream since you were a little girl to cheer for the Cowboys, I would wager young women that may have tried out 10-20 years ago are simply deciding the negatives outweigh the positives.  I don't know if this is a factor or not, but since 2014, the Cowboys have had players miss more games due to suspension than any other team in the NFL by a wide margin.  Some of those suspensions were pretty high profile domestic violence and assault and battery charges against women.  Young women today are strong, independent, and intelligent.  If you are a world class dancer, why work for a team that wants to pay you peanuts and will kick you off for having a drink at a bar, but is willing to pay Greg Hardy $11 million after being arrested for assaulting a woman?  I'm not trying to advocate or politicize anything, I'm just putting this out there as a reason why the level of talent on the squad may have appeared to fall off in recent years.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

I wonder how much of that is done to the show, though.  and it is 100% USA specific,  no matter how much Kelli says they're recognised the world over and have 'the world's most iconic uniform' (which makes me laugh and gag a little at the pretention and hubris in that ridiculous statement). ask people in Europe, hell, show them a picture of the girls in uniform and you'll likely just get 'she's hot' but zero recognition that she's a cheerleader or for which team.  Hell, I grew up in DC, I support the Redskins (and of course The First Ladies of Football are first in my heart) and the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry is probably the biggest in the NFL. Back then I couldn't have told you if the Cowboys even had cheerleaders, let alone picked them out of a lineup in uniform.  I think a LOT of their brand recognition in the last decade is the show.  Has Kelli done a great job in ensuring they're the most famous by shopping them out to CMT and promoting them hard? absolutely, and I gotta say, as much as she makes me roll my eyes a lot, I have to respect her for the job she's done in making the brand and promoting them the way she has. has that maybe been at the cost of the team being as good as it once was? probably.  Do I enjoy watching the DCC, yes of course.  Do I love the kickline, you're damn right, but do I think they're the best? nope.  do I think they have an overinflated concept of just how good and how famous they are? without a shadow of a doubt. but hey, it works for them.  if other teams had a show, maybe they'd be just a famous

I might be a bit older than you and I grew up an Eagles fan so I know the Eagles/Dallas rivalry as well. The first cheerleading team I remember was the Cowboys Cheerleaders. They were everywhere in tv and Dallas was winning Superbowls in the 70's right around the time they redid the uniforms and developed their own style of dancing and cheering. Their poster was a big seller. right up there with Farah Fawcett, i am really dating myself. I only recently started watching the show this year...had when it first came out but watched again because I was interested in a TCC. They definitely have a good marketing department and their brand is pretty solid. For those who are a bit younger I agree with you that the show is the driving force for their recognition. We do have quite the rivalry going don't we with Cowboys/Redskins/Eagles don't we?;)

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I might be a bit older than you and I agree up an Eagles fan so I know the Eagles/Dallas rivalry as well. I first cheerleading team I remember was the Cowboys Cheerleaders. They were everywhere in tv and Dallas was winning Superbowls in the 70's right around the time they redid the uniforms and developed their own style of dancing and cheering. Their poster was a big seller. right up there with Farah Fawcett, i am really dating myself. I only recently started watching the show this year...had when it first came out but watched again because I was interested in a TCC. They definitely have a good marketing department and their brand is pretty solid. For those who are a bit younger I agree with you that the show is the driving force for their recognition. We do have quite the rivalry going don't we with Cowboys/Redskins/Eagles don't we?;)

I'll back up Rosie on this.  As a boy in the '80s who grew up nowhere near Texas, I knew about the Cowboys cheerleaders. And I'm talking about 5 year old me who still thought all girls had cooties.  If anything, I'd argue that the Cowboys brand is driving viewership to CMT more so than the opposite. 

• Love 7

some NFL rivalries are regional.  here is link by division ( link ).

I too heard of the DCC from loveboat-era but seldom got to see a Dallas game on Sunday. Kelli made it sound like during each timeout the cameras are 100% on the DCC. Not so, for those who live outside of the Dallas NFL-viewing area. If we see a DCC, the shot is so far away, you can't tell who it is. I've seen better close-ups of the cheerleaders (or band) during college games.

Edited by sATL
added clarification
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 9:31 PM, PrincessLeia said:

I have a friend who went to Vanderbilt, always intending to apply for medical school, great grades, and after evaluating her application realized she'd probably only get in to a lower tier school. So she bailed on the dream and went to Johns Hopkins for nursing school.

Hopkins is a fabulous school; I'm sure your friend got a phenomenal nursing education there and is surely doing very well in life!  But I have to say that it made me a little sad that she bailed on medical school because she wasn't happy with the schools she'd probably get in to. 

I know that it's important to go to a "top tier" b-school or law school but where a doctor has his/her MD from doesn't seem to be as important.  My husband went to the University of Pittsburgh for medical school, which is a good, solid school.  He did his residency with a doctor who got her MD at Yale, which is, well, it's YALE and a DO who got his degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.  So that was three doctors from three very different schools who all got the same residency.

Granted, I could be totally off base, but that's just what I've noticed :)

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

Totally agree. I think some of these girls are chosen specifically for the show, because they'll make good TV. Yuko last year with her fish out of water story, Gina this year with her can't get along (though she's actually a really good dancer so she has more going than just her storyline) Brennan I think was led on again because it would be a better "gut punch" story when she gets booted, again, towards the end. I think Savannah is still around based solely on her look, which is different than the sea of long blond and dark brunette hair. I think that's why Christina is still around too, to some extent. Because her look is different. Personally I think she looks older than she is, and like a soccer mom, but she does stand out.

When you're making a TV show you need the characters to look different. I think the show is watering down the talent pool. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Judy ends up leaving out of sheer frustration because they are not giving her the caliber of dancers she wants. Then again, they're cheerleaders, honestly, their purpose is to look pretty, show skin and toss around their long hair so the guys don't get bored between plays. 

Considering a dance career isn't that long (It's a young persons career) and they only have so many years to dance, most dancers might not want to take  a part time, low paying job as a cheerleader, no matter how "world class" the team might be. I think you have to really love and want to be a cheerleader to put in the time and effort DCC requires to get the low pay and total lack of job security the DCC offers. 

With all the makeup the girls cake on, I'm always surprised when one of them says 'I'm 19' or I'm 22 and Im sitting here like 'say whaaaaa??' some of them, I swear, look a good decade or more older than they are. some of that is the heavy eyeliner, that ages anyone, but a lot of it is the caked on full coverage foundation and the way-too-heavy hand with the blush and bronzer.  I would love to know what foundation some of ht girls use though, because while they must touch up at least once during the game, they must sweat buckets and that foundation is still there, or at least, pretty decent looking for a distnace!!

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, sATL said:

NFL rivalries are regional.  here is link by division ( link ).

I too heard of the DCC from loveboat-era but seldom got to see a Dallas game on Sunday. Kelli made it sound like during each timeout the cameras are 100% on the DCC. Not so, for those who live outside of the Dallas NFL-viewing area. If we see a DCC, the shot is so far away, you can't tell who it is. I've seen better close-ups of the cheerleaders (or band) during college games.

Some are regional.  The Cowboys/Redskins feud however, nah.  The Redskins (or rather then owner) was the last and only holdout refusing an expansion team.  If only he'd just let it go, but nope, it got down to holding fight song lyrics hostage in order for hte Cowboys to exist. its pretty much considered the biggest rivalry in the NFL and one of the biggest in the world of sports in general. the redskins may no longer be much of a sporting challenge (oh my beloved team, wat has been done to you) but in terms of sheer ridiculousness and pettiness, you've gotta go a long way to find worse

Edited by CaseyRe
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Some are regional.  The Cowboys/Redskins feud however, nah.  Without the Redskins (or rather then owner) the Cowboys would not exist. it got down to holding fight song lyrics hostage in order for hte Cowboys to exist. its pretty much considered the biggest rivalry in the NFL and one of the biggest in the world of sports in general. the redskins may no longer be much of a sporting challenge (oh my beloved team, wat has been done to you) but in terms of sheer ridiculousness and pettiness, you've gotta go a long way to find worse

Point noted. Green Bay vs. Bears Rival watcher here (dates back to 1921) :)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Java said:

Omg... I hope that performance was "dummed down" for that crappy show. I bet they had fun back in the day, but I wonder if those retired DCC cringe over the cheesy choreo when they see it now. Yikes.

To be fair, it was nearly 50 years ago, so then it wouldn't have been considered cheesy, it was probably the height of fashionable and difficulty.  if you look at gymnastics from the same period, its almost laughable how 'easy' it looks in comparison to now.  techniques move on and people are expected to do more, push harder. plus everything got raacier

• Love 2
1 minute ago, sATL said:

Point noted. Green Bay vs. Bears Rival watcher here (dates back to 1921) :)

ahhh good ole Green Bay. my dad's second favourite team after hte Redskins.  (actually, if he were honest he'd probably put the Packers first but that's dangerous talk in a DC neighbourhood! ;) )  )if it wasn't for the '82 season, Packers v Bears'd be the longest rivalry in the game!!

it's like when I used to work in Cambridge on Boat Race day while I support Oxford.  my boss wouldn't let me go outside in my Oxford shirt on the basis she liked having an employee that was in one piece! drunk preppy idiots can and will chase you and I do not run fast!

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

ahhh good ole Green Bay. my dad's second favourite team after hte Redskins.  (actually, if he were honest he'd probably put the Packers first but that's dangerous talk in a DC neighbourhood! ;) )  )if it wasn't for the '82 season, Packers v Bears'd be the longest rivalry in the game!!

it's like when I used to work in Cambridge on Boat Race day while I support Oxford.  my boss wouldn't let me go outside in my Oxford shirt on the basis she liked having an employee that was in one piece! drunk preppy idiots can and will chase you and I do not run fast!

Dallas didn't join the NFL until 1960 ( link ).  the cheerleaders were there from the start. ( link ). which brings up another reason why the DCC  are probably more well known - they are probably one of the oldest squads that are still around. a lot of the oldie teams don't have squads, anymore.

from dcc site : " The Dallas Cowboys have always had cheerleaders. Tex Schramm, the Cowboys general manager at the time, with his extensive background in television, recognized that professional football had become more than sports – it was sports entertainment. He knew that the public liked pretty girls"..

So here we are in 2017, looking for/at pretty TCCs/DCCs.  :)

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
On 10/8/2017 at 1:40 PM, mmm said:

I don't you guys think that this whole Group gift tradition would be really out of the majority of the girl's budgets? I like it as a Tradition but most of the girls are either students or have a part time Job to be DCC. 

P.S really like the sweatshirts Alexis got for her group 

IMG_1815.jpg

I agree- given the way these girls are treated financially I am surprised they aren't taxed for the gifts.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

We do have quite the rivalry going don't we with Cowboys/Redskins/Eagles don't we?

I worked in a hospital years ago.  I was an Eagles fan (can't stand them now LOL but that was then), the doctor was a Giants fan & the patient came in wearing a Cowboys jacket.  I looked around and said, "Well, I guess we can talk about how much we hate the Redskins!" :)

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I really don’t think it’s all about the show, though im sure it has helped. I think the DCCs were well-known long before that. The Dallas Cowboys in general are probably the most famous NFL team as it is, which I’m sure helps. 

As someone said earlier, if there are 2 pro dance teams that I think most people would think of and be able to name, it would be the Laker Girls and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. I don’t think CMT really has that much to do with it.

6 hours ago, sATL said:

Ummm.....

As someone who had the great fortune of buying licensed merchandise for a major US retailer, I can confirm. Cowboys merchandise would outsell the bottom half of other NFL teams combined and double digits better than #2 and 3.  (Steelers and Packers, btw, neither of which have cheerleaders. Patriots hit the top five and I can’t remember the other one. Maybe the Chiefs?) I can’t imagine how it must have been in the 90’s when they kept winning championships. 

Theres a reason they’re one of the most valuable sports franchises, and the DCC does play into it. They might not be as well known internationally as they were in the heyday, but still far beyond any other dance group. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

If anything, I'd argue that the Cowboys brand is driving viewership to CMT more so than the opposite. 

This is true for me at least. I have to admit that I don't really like country music and never had a reason to watch anything on CMT. During my 1L year of law school my roommate watched MTT (season 2) and got me hooked on it. I've watched it ever since. Now I also watch some other shows on CMT (I'm still not a huge fan of country music though, grab your pitchforks if you must).  

I think overall this years rookies are weak, especially Christina and Savannah. Melissa, Jenn K and the other powerhouses who retired left a big gap that needed to be filled at auditions. Then the Holly/Erica debacle happened and they lost 2 more powerhouse performers. I hope some of the current vets stay longer so they can train a new crop of performers. It is a rebuilding year for sure.

Edited by Shallan
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Or if not THE most famous, I believe they've won the most Super Bowls.

The Pittsburgh Steelers has won the most with 6 Super Bowl Wins. Dallas, San Fran and the Patriots have each one 5, so it depends when you grew up as a child of the 70's I was going to be a DCC and my cousin was going to be the their QB!!!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Or if not THE most famous, I believe they've won the most Super Bowls.

Nope.  The Steelers have six. Cowboys only have five.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Maybe they didn't have a choice?  Was Emma already in this game?  Could be no other All Star was available.  Side note:  @ShellyB do the current years all stars have to make themselves available on the same game schedule as the regular squad in case they need to be called to cover injury/illness?

We have 9 AS’s this season and they are required to work 8 out of 10 games, with 6 As’s at each game. If injuries occur, Judy has a couple of them that she uses in emergencies. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, vivianspoetry said:

Unless it has been your dream since you were a little girl to cheer for the Cowboys, I would wager young women that may have tried out 10-20 years ago are simply deciding the negatives outweigh the positives.

They've seen over a decade of girls being humiliated on this show, of girls giving up everything to go through training camp and still getting turned away. First of all, it is frigging expensive just to prepare yourself to having a fighting chance at the audition - dance class, gym membership, DCC prep class, Kitty's class, sparkly outfits, teeth whitening, tights, shoes, a solo costume, solo choreo, hair extensions, makeup, spray tan, mani pedi, and on and on. And for those who make it to training camp, they have to give up a lot with no guarantee of a reward. Their whole lives become about being a DCC and for many in their early 20s, they'd miss out on a lot - sororities, spending time with friends or a boyfriend, pursuing a challenging field of study, etc. The DCC tell you how to look, how to behave, who who you can spend time with, what you post on your social media, etc. And then if you actually make the team you make peanuts until you're on show group or on the team long enough to be chosen for the juicy paid appearances. Plus there are so many other dance teams in DFW. The others may not be as famous, but it's easier to get on them, and the girls who are on them seem to really have a lot of fun. Maybe Kelli and Co. have done too good a job of showing how hard it is to make this team. It just may not seem worth it.

10 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I really don’t think it’s all about the show, though im sure it has helped. I think the DCCs were well-known long before that.

Absolutely. The DCC were yuuge in the 70s. I wasn't around to see it, but this was before cable, before people had more than handful of tv channels to watch. Their first movie aired nationally and it was huge. Jayne Seymour was a pretty big star at that time. So was Julie from the love boat. The ratings were so amazing, they made a sequel. They were also on lots of tv shows like the afore-mentioned Love Boat, Family Feud, the Donny and Marie show, the Jerry Lewis telethon. Those things were big back then and the DCC were all over it. The DCC had a resurgence in the 90s when the Cowboys started winning super bowls. I remember ESPN would air a DCC swimsuit special every year, and that was nationwide exposure. The CMT show came after espn began focusing on other teams. There were shows about the raiderettes, the bucs cheerleaders, the dolphins cheerleaders, the charger girls, etc, and the HBO show hard knocks began including footage of the featured team's cheerleaders. That's what I think gave CMT the idea for the DCC show.

The DCC have a lot of history. The team has done a lot, and Kelli has worked her butt off to build that brand. There is a team in Australia that copies every single thing the DCC do, down to those polka dot lolita dresses! That gives you an idea of their reach. They are very very famous...in their lane. Huge fish in the pond they swim in. But it's a pretty small pond. Even so, they are definitely famous and the roots of that fame started growing long before social media, when it was a lot harder to get famous.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 7

When someone asked about the gifts, I believe yesterday on one of the threads someone answered that often these gifts are from sponsors.  I know when you see the girls come in with those huge blue pillows at auditions, those actually were dog beds someone said when they first started giving them!  Often they would post on twitter the group shot of the gifts but now it seems like we rarely see them.  I seem to remember that GL usually does the first one.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2017 at 10:06 PM, DancingForLife said:

Can I hate the iconic blouse? This pic especially- anyone? Or is that blasphemous?

IMG_5026.PNG

I think their shorts are TOO short.  They're practically panties with a belt.

12 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Brittany Evans was a third year vet when she was selected to be Pro Bowl Girl in Season 5.

I roll my eyes when someone say the DCCs are America's best because in my opinion, I have seen better dancing and routines by other dance teams.

They have some amazing dancers. And some not so much. But they have choreographers that most teams don't have. Makes a huge difference. There is an NBA convention in Vegas that a handful of NFL dancers attend that has choreography far and above the DCC. However DCC does attract top talent due to the show and is for sure a difficult team to make. But when a young lady's sole reason for wanting a spot in the NFL is to be famous, the result is Holly. It's a grueling job, with little pay, but if you are in it for the right reasons, you will have a rewarding NFL experience. I used to love the show, but knowing what I know now about the process, I believe in a round about way it may have hurt the All American rep the DCC once genuinely had. 

Edited by Terri
7 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Robin did look good and I agree, she is out dancing Kshara. 

They all looked like they were marking it to me, like everyone was just running on muscle memory.  Sorry. Maybe I'm being overly harsh. Or maybe I'm just so sick of Thunderstruck I can't see straight. 

7 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

For me there''s also a degree of 'too many cooks'.  The number of 'judges' is ridiculous. and if you watch Judy's face during some of te decisions, you can tell she's being overuled and she's unhappy because she knows she'll never get a girl up to snuff but Charlotte or Kelli want her. if it were solely up to Judy or Judy and Kelli I think the dance-talent would be higher. but there's about 15 judges now, and Charlotte clearly has a huge say and some of the girls she likes just arent good dancers.   I like Yuko, she's super sweet, and i think she's a good performer and shes stunning, but shes one of the weaker dancers, but Charlotte loved her. so there she is

All of this ^^^, Thank You @CaseyRe.  Get the dentists,  the reporters, the hairstylists, the creepy country singers, and the past their prime reality TV  winners out of the way when it comes to judging Finals!!

If they truly want world class talent on this team, quit leaving the judging to the amateurs and Charlotte. Put that group of amateur guest judges on the judging panel for showgroup, where the talent level is pretty much guaranteed to be there in the first place.,

I'd rather see Michelle Keys, or any of the guest choreographers - hell even that annoying Bree person - along with rockstar former DCC on the judging panel. Put Nicole Hamilton, Ashton Torres,  etc on the panel.  They know the look needed, they know the talent needed, they know if someone has the DCC style or can get to the DCC style.  PUT KITTY ON THE PANEL. 

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, Java said:

I'd rather see Michelle Keys, or any of the guest choreographers - hell even that annoying Bree person - along with rockstar former DCC on the judging panel. Put Nicole Hamilton, Ashton Torres,  etc on the panel.  They know the look needed, they know the talent needed, they know if someone has the DCC style or can get to the DCC style.  PUT KITTY ON THE PANEL. 

Have Michelle Keys and Kitty Carter as judges.  Add in Len Goodman, Carrie Inaba, and Bruno Tolioni.  Bruno's color commentary would have all of us howling with laughter.  The bitching between Kitty and Len would be priceless.  And in the end, we'd definitely have a world class team because the right dancers would have been chosen.

Edited by SimplePleasures
  • Love 8

I do think b/c of the show TCCs are kept around a little longer. every season towards the end, there seems to be a mad rush to "block for the first game" , "release the pressure cooker of training camp" and "the squad photo is "tomorrow". I have always thought why are K&J always doing this at the last minute - every season? The first game is on the calendar when - months ago - even b/f training camp starts? I think cutting girls the last week or night (amy from Rockford) of training camp is cruel - esp. if those issues surfaced months ago - like low kicks.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, ShellyB said:

We have 9 AS’s this season and they are required to work 8 out of 10 games, with 6 As’s at each game. If injuries occur, Judy has a couple of them that she uses in emergencies. 

Shelly can you confirm which former (9)  DCC are AS this season please? I know people were saying it is only Claire, Danielle Amy T and Jessica but I know I said (previously that) I also thought Jenk (said she) was an AS too and others said JenK wasn't an AS because she now works for DCC (which I am pretty  sure she is a DCC AS and is able to work for DCC too).  Only asking because I always thought there is usually 5 AS (minimum) per season or so.

Also why is there 9 AS this season? Has Britney Schram/Kelsey Bond ever been an AS? Those two are one of my faves DCCs

Edited by Dcc fan
58 minutes ago, Dcc fan said:

Shelly can you confirm which former (9)  DCC are AS this season please? I know people were saying it is only Claire, Danielle Amy T and Jessica but I know I said (previously that) I also thought Jenk (said she) was an AS too and others said JenK wasn't an AS because she now works for DCC (which I am pretty  sure she is a DCC AS and is able to work for DCC too).  Only asking because I always thought there is usually 5 AS (minimum) per season or so.

Also why is there 9 AS this season? Has Britney Schram/Kelsey Bond ever been an AS? Those two are one of my faves DCCs

Jessica, Danielle, Claire, Amy, Jenn K, Nicole B, Katy C definitely. The other two I’m thinking Rachel and Kinzie? They were last year, so maybe still this year? 

35 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

Jessica, Danielle, Claire, Amy, Jenn K, Nicole B, Katy C definitely. The other two I’m thinking Rachel and Kinzie? They were last year, so maybe still this year? 

Wait Wait Wait, - as much as I love Nicole - shes an AS now? I forgot last years AS but she wasn't last 2 years (since she retired) was she? Nice to see her (Nicole) as an AS, tho did that mean the DC either kept Nicole's uniform or got her a brand new one (if I am wrong please correct me because I forgot last years AS so I cannot remember if Nicole is AS last 2 years since she retired), Actually same 2 question for Katy Fink too - on did she get new uniform/she wasn't an AS since she retired right? (I need to get my bad memory fixed)  . Maybe one is Emma - if she was at the game the other day so the other is the one missing I guess.

I honestly lost track on who is an AS every year - really wish there was a list of whose an AS every year like for example 2017 AS are x and y and z (etc) and 2016 AS are x and y and z (etc) because I have an awful memory when it comes to those who are AS. I only remember that Emma has been an AS since she retired and Jackie Bob has been an AS for a few years (Tho I seem to see her sitting at the table disscussion - per her twitter/instagram where it looks like she is either helping K + J with DCC discussion over something - Maybe Shelly can correct me on what Jackie does at DCC? Is she helping judging etc?) and Mia being an AS.

On subject of AS is it me or did those that retire in 2012 and before have their own AS twitter account? Like I see @dccas_Ally, @dccas_ashton, @dccas_sunni, @dccas_brittany, @dccas_justine, @dccas_jordan @dccas_elizabeth @dccas_Kelsi - am I to assume they were the 2012 - 2013 AS? Because those twitter accounts were made in 2012 (Sorry this last paragraph is off topic I know of the current season etc)

7 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

Have Michelle Keys and Kitty Carter as judges.

That will never happen.  There are so many people who take their prep classes, it would give the appearance paying for their classes would buy them an "in".

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Dcc fan said:

Wait Wait Wait, - as much as I love Nicole - shes an AS now? I forgot last years AS but she wasn't last 2 years (since she retired) was she? Nice to see her (Nicole) as an AS, tho did that mean the DC either kept Nicole's uniform or got her a brand new one (if I am wrong please correct me because I forgot last years AS so I cannot remember if Nicole is AS last 2 years since she retired), Actually same 2 question for Katy Fink too - on did she get new uniform/she wasn't an AS since she retired right? (I need to get my bad memory fixed)  . Maybe one is Emma - if she was at the game the other day so the other is the one missing I guess.

I honestly lost track on who is an AS every year - really wish there was a list of whose an AS every year like for example 2017 AS are x and y and z (etc) and 2016 AS are x and y and z (etc) because I have an awful memory when it comes to those who are AS. I only remember that Emma has been an AS since she retired and Jackie Bob has been an AS for a few years (Tho I seem to see her sitting at the table disscussion - per her twitter/instagram where it looks like she is either helping K + J with DCC discussion over something - Maybe Shelly can correct me on what Jackie does at DCC? Is she helping judging etc?) and Mia being an AS.

On subject of AS is it me or did those that retire in 2012 and before have their own AS twitter account? Like I see @dccas_Ally, @dccas_ashton, @dccas_sunni, @dccas_brittany, @dccas_justine, @dccas_jordan @dccas_elizabeth @dccas_Kelsi - am I to assume they were the 2012 - 2013 AS? Because those twitter accounts were made in 2012 (Sorry this last paragraph is off topic I know of the current season etc)

I agree. Would like to see a list. 

Yes emma is an all star how could I forget when she performed at the last game! (Duh) not sure who the 9th girl is then? 

Katy has been an all star for more than just this year, I remember she was one at least last year if not the year before. Same with Emma. 

I imagine DCC keep their uniform. I remember when Kyndal returned to training camp for her second attempt she turned up to uniform fittings to see they had kept her previous uniform for her to get fitted into again, so I assume it’s the same? Maybe they scrap the ones they know won’t return and keep the maybes? 

Emma is QUEEN. She puts the all star in all star lol  I am just blown away that she is able to jump in anywhere they ask her and kill it.  She still looks completely stunning too.  Just...wow.  I girl crush so hard on Emma!!! 

• Love 20
14 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

To be fair, it was nearly 50 years ago, so then it wouldn't have been considered cheesy, it was probably the height of fashionable and difficulty.  if you look at gymnastics from the same period, its almost laughable how 'easy' it looks in comparison to now.  techniques move on and people are expected to do more, push harder. plus everything got raacier

I agree with you regarding the gymnastics advancements, and to a certain extent even dance. The thing is, I think that the DCC have evolved to a greater degree from their disco days to the more technical choreo, more than dance itself has evolved. The Love Boat was a cheese-fest vehicle for C-list actors and didn't have higher aspirations. 

On a side-note, I actually went to hs with one of the LB dancers they brought on as regulars in the last couple of yrs of the show. That girl could dance circles around the bad choreo the DCC did in that clip. She was actually in a Chicago dance group before heading to LA. I always wondered if she ever tried out for DCC, lol.

6 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Emma is QUEEN. She puts the all star in all star lol  I am just blown away that she is able to jump in anywhere they ask her and kill it.  She still looks completely stunning too.  Just...wow.  I girl crush so hard on Emma!!! 

I agree!!!

emma.jpg.7e89a149987278b61974af77ef5f63a3.jpg

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Katherine1904 said:

I agree. Would like to see a list. 

Yes emma is an all star how could I forget when she performed at the last game! (Duh) not sure who the 9th girl is then? 

Katy has been an all star for more than just this year, I remember she was one at least last year if not the year before. Same with Emma. 

I imagine DCC keep their uniform. I remember when Kyndal returned to training camp for her second attempt she turned up to uniform fittings to see they had kept her previous uniform for her to get fitted into again, so I assume it’s the same? Maybe they scrap the ones they know won’t return and keep the maybes? 

Yea I think they kept Britney Schrams uniform and (I think) Courtney Cooks uniform too and Kalli Fullerton (I vaguely remember Britney and Kali getting their fitted uniform back (I remember Kali only because Lisa and Kelly was like "Kalli you still fit your uniform but you filled out a bit more 5yrs after you tried this on!!!). Well thanks for the correction no idea why I didn't know Katy was AS (before this year), but I am vague with Katy I remember Emma only because she was featured on MTT and from knowing from some of the DCC I follow on twitter that she covered a few times the last few years (Love her too).

I wonder if @ShellyB would pretty please help with giving a list  of everyone whose been an AS like who is 2017's AS, 2016, 2015, (and so on) AS till whenever AS's was introduced. Because I think one of the years they had summer contracts for ex DCCs and everyone thought that person was AS for that year (I think it was one of the Torres sisters who had a summer AS contract?).

Anyway back on track on the season, is this weeks episode to do with Canton? Or is that next week? There are about 3 episodes left are we going to see any insight into this seasons performances? I mean if last week was before Canton that means we are covering end of July/beginning of August. I am assuming there wont be any episodes from inside this season (Like season 7 where we even saw they covering October half time practice) if (according the DCC website) the squad would be announced on the show on 26 October.