Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

On 10/6/2017 at 0:34 PM, UnicornKicks said:

Remember Holly didn't just mess with the brand. She also was "besties" with Kelli and Charlottes daughters, so she messed with their families too.

Sam and Holly no longer follow each other on IG.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Erica wasn’t in uniform at the game, reports were that she was instructed to stay in the Locke room and she instead left to go get beer and posted it on Snapchat. 

She was to stay in locker room in uniform.  She changed clothes and posted pix in stands drinking a beer on snapchat.  Went back to locker room and put on uniform.  Lied to K&J and and they confronted her.  I wonder who it was that showed it to K&J

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, kary said:

She was to stay in locker room in uniform.  She changed clothes and posted pix in stands drinking a beer on snapchat.  Went back to locker room and put on uniform.  Lied to K&J and and they confronted her.  I wonder who it was that showed it to K&J

I have an idea on who ratted out on Erica, but I will not say.

59 minutes ago, AEJ79 said:

Sam and Holly no longer follow each other on IG.

That's weird since the post that Holly posted on insta about leaving Dallas to go to Hollywood was liked by the official DCC account.   

5 minutes ago, mmm said:

That's weird since the post that Holly posted on insta about leaving Dallas to go to Hollywood was liked by the official DCC account.   

That doesn't relate to the point that they both aren't following each other, but I didn't see that the DCC instagram liked any of her posts.

• Love 3

I'm not a dancer, so maybe I'm missing something. Does anyone have any idea why Alexandria has been struggling so much? I like her. She seemed really strong at auditions. Kelly liked her. She has tons of experience. She's committed, focused, ultra professional, attractive and nice. 

Now she's always getting called out . Why??

• Love 1

I think learning the entrance will cause even the best dancer to struggle.  Now, maybe they do this, but why can't they line the rookies up one by one with a vet and have them go thru the entrance together?  Not in lines, but just get the hang of foot placement, arm movements, how not to skip or march, etc.  And then, get in their official lines.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, HowdeeDo said:

That doesn't relate to the point that they both aren't following each other, but I didn't see that the DCC instagram liked any of her posts.

It's on her Last DCC post

3 hours ago, kary said:

Something I don't understand: The cheerleaders would've taken a bus to the stadium. They would've all traveled together in their warmups and brought their uniforms, poms, etc. in their rolly bags. After the game, don't they travel back in the bus in tracksuits? Why would Erica have brought street clothes to the stadium? Especially if this was in Canton and they were all going directly back to the hotel? And who was she hanging out with in the stands? Does she have friends there?

I'm trying to fit the pieces of this puzzle together and it's just not making sense to me. Why would Erica, who has been on the team for three years, understood and (presumably followed) the rules, and just saw two of her friends get the smackdown for breaking the rules, decide that was a great time for her to break the rules too? And why would she do it in such a public way? She would've had to walk past security and all sorts of staff to get to the stands. Any one of them could've mentioned seeing her leave. She could've been recognized by fans in the stands who wanted to take photos with her and post them online. She could've been busted if any member of the DCC staff decided to go back to the locker room for any reason. She knows their social media are monitored. I don't know how bright Erica is, but you don't have to be very intelligent to realize how risky this behavior was. I can only surmise that either the gossip is wrong (it has to be at least partially incorrect/exaggerated as most gossip is) or else she wanted to get caught.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, kary said:

She walked out onto the field with them at least in a black dress, why would she go back to the locker room to put on a uniform? She was in the parade the day before in uniform but being in uniform at the game wouldn't make sense.

Was she doing ambassador duty during the game? Visiting the skyboxes and whatever the all stars do during games? That would explain the uniform.

Never mind, that doesn't make sense either. She wouldn't have done that by herself. There would have been at least one other cheerleader with her. And if she had been doing it, she wouldn't have had time to hang out with her friends during the game.

Well...the black dress makes sense for why she would've had street clothes with her.  Hm....maybe if she walked out in the black dress, then Kelli told her to go back to the locker room and she detoured to have a drink with her buds, then went to the locker room to wait out the rest of the game. I could see that happening. But that's not how it was reported.

Group leaders have a lot of responsibilities and Kelli and Judy rely on them a great deal. If Erica is *that stupid," that fact wouldn't have escaped Kelli and Judy. Why would they have trusted her with the responsibilities of a group leader? They obviously felt they could trust her up to that point.

I don't get it. And because I can't make this add up in my mind, I'm having a very hard time believing.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3

omg this podcast, what's his face (Shannon?), first off he's kind of obnoxious. "We've got 30 minutes I'm sure they don't have that much to say" *talks about drinking games* "What's your relationship status"

"I was a panel judge, but I grew out this beard and they haven't invited me back." Uh, no dude I think I know why they didn't invite you back.

On the bright side Amy and Robin are making it interesting, but he's not letting his Co host talk.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Was she doing ambassador duty during the game? Visiting the skyboxes and whatever the all stars do during games? That would explain the uniform.

Never mind, that doesn't make sense either. She wouldn't have done that by herself. There would have been at least one other cheerleader with her. And if she had been doing it, she wouldn't have had time to hang out with her friends during the game.

Well...the black dress makes sense for why she would've had street clothes with her.  Hm....maybe if she walked out in the black dress, then Kelli told her to go back to the locker room and she detoured to have a drink with her buds, then went to the locker room to wait out the rest of the game. I could see that happening. But that's not how it was reported.

Group leaders have a lot of responsibilities and Kelli and Judy rely on them a great deal. If Erica is *that stupid," that fact wouldn't have escaped Kelli and Judy. Why would they have trusted her with the responsibilities of a group leader? They obviously felt they could trust her up to that point.

I don't get it. And because I can't make this add up in my mind, I'm having a very hard time believing.

I don’t know. I doubt it was that deep for her. She was probably was bored in the locker room, knew some people at the game, and wanted to hang with them. She probably thought it wouldn’t be a big deal to slip out and say hi to some friends and while there had a drink and posted a pic. Posting pics on social media is probably second nature to her, so she didn’t even think it would come back to bite her.

As for being stupid, of course it was, but she probably thought it wouldn’t surface or if it did, she could talk her way out of it. Why she didn’t learn from her 2 buddies getting in trouble right before this, who knows. 

I do think too much is made of the group leader thing. Yes, ppl in leadership positions should be the best behaved but in reality, that’s just not often the case. In many cases, it’s the new people who heed the rules the most bc they’re scared of getting caught. Ppl who have been there, done that know the deal. Erica probably saw senior girls break rules and get away with it before and may have done so herself in the past, so she thought she would get back. Unfortunately for her, seems like Kelli has had enough. 

• Love 3

Thanks for the deets, folks! I agree, not everything adds up to a sensible story of what went down, but I appreciate having a bit more background on what is known or reported about the Erica situation. What a lame way to go out on what had seemed to be an exceptional DCC career for a talented and seemingly sweet young woman. I bet Charlotte was livid in Canton! 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

omg this podcast, what's his face (Shannon?), first off he's kind of obnoxious. "We've got 30 minutes I'm sure they don't have that much to say" *talks about drinking games* "What's your relationship status"

"I was a panel judge, but I grew out this beard and they haven't invited me back." Uh, no dude I think I know why they didn't invite you back.

On the bright side Amy and Robin are making it interesting, but he's not letting his Co host talk.

Shannon G is their social media guy, isn't he? it certainly explains why their SM has been so poor of late.  I know he's been with them a few years, nd as the SM 'guru' it explains why he'd be doing the podcast, but if he's that dumb, explains much about the official DCC SM

• Love 2
Just now, CaseyRe said:

Shannon G is their social media guy, isn't he? it certainly explains why their SM has been so poor of late.  I know he's been with them a few years, nd as the SM 'guru' it explains why he'd be doing the podcast, but if he's that dumb, explains much about the official DCC SM

I don't know if it's him in charge of the postings on the SM pages, I think he was only used to teach them what to do and not to do on social media. His comments were just...not funny and borderline rude, but the girls handled it like pros. Surprised it wasn't more revolved around questions asked by fans. They asked maybe 2 or 3 that have already been answered a dozen times. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think learning the entrance will cause even the best dancer to struggle.  Now, maybe they do this, but why can't they line the rookies up one by one with a vet and have them go thru the entrance together?  Not in lines, but just get the hang of foot placement, arm movements, how not to skip or march, etc.  And then, get in their official lines.

Here's MY 2 cents on that....  Why not teach them the arm movements early on in training camp?  Have them go down the floor like they do with kicks.  Then, by the time they get on the field, they will know the arm movements and will only have to work on the spacing and hitting the yard lines!  

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Something I don't understand: The cheerleaders would've taken a bus to the stadium. They would've all traveled together in their warmups and brought their uniforms, poms, etc. in their rolly bags. After the game, don't they travel back in the bus in tracksuits? Why would Erica have brought street clothes to the stadium? Especially if this was in Canton and they were all going directly back to the hotel? And who was she hanging out with in the stands? Does she have friends there?

I'm trying to fit the pieces of this puzzle together and it's just not making sense to me. Why would Erica, who has been on the team for three years, understood and (presumably followed) the rules, and just saw two of her friends get the smackdown for breaking the rules, decide that was a great time for her to break the rules too? And why would she do it in such a public way? She would've had to walk past security and all sorts of staff to get to the stands. Any one of them could've mentioned seeing her leave. She could've been recognized by fans in the stands who wanted to take photos with her and post them online. She could've been busted if any member of the DCC staff decided to go back to the locker room for any reason. She knows their social media are monitored. I don't know how bright Erica is, but you don't have to be very intelligent to realize how risky this behavior was. I can only surmise that either the gossip is wrong (it has to be at least partially incorrect/exaggerated as most gossip is) or else she wanted to get caught.

Sometines the thrill seeking of not getting caught is far more fun than the deed itself. a

35 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

When they say uniform they mean the navy DCC tracksuit. 

This story isn't even exaggerated, she's that stupid.

I think this is accurate. Sad and disappointing to me, but accurate.

• Love 3

I was not impressed by Shannon G and he said he used to do panel interviews and once he grew the beard, they never asked him back.  Well he seems to be a millennial and that's what they do.  The cohost was Courtney McKenna and her bio says she is social media assistant.  She is reponsible for the cheerleader's social media accounts so she is reading them all the time and for posting all those videos we see of game day performances.  She discussed a game they were playing in the locker room prior to the game yesterday.  Amy and Robin came off very personable but in no way was there the number of questions asked that we are used to.  I think they chose 3 questions from Facebook.  Unfortunately I don't think he is the right host as he seem very interested in hearing himself talk, sort of like a legend in is own mind.  There were a few things we learned.  Both girls said that the show's crew are very nice and do not edit it to make them seem dumb or say things in a different order.  When a girl is cut, the crew is hugging her.  They said what you see and how Judy and Kelli are portrayed is exactly right.  Robin got the Abbie Bear this week.  It appears that due to bye week and away games, they are not doing a Halloween extravaganza! 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

I just saw a preview for the upcoming episode.  Jenna's in the office with Kelly and Kelly says something to the effect "you need to get over it, it's toxic to the team."  I'll be glad when Jenna retires.  I perceive her to be a "hooray for me, fuck you" type of individual.

If Jenna is still being called into the office, she should have quit.  It’s not fair to the others on the squad if you can’t get past what happened.

41 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Sad to hear this.  I thought he was good guy.  Kelli gave him all kind of love when he spoke to the squad about social media.  Another condescending asshole.  Great. 

Edited by PBSLover
15 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

I just saw a preview for the upcoming episode.  Jenna's in the office with Kelly and Kelly says something to the effect "you need to get over it, it's toxic to the team."  I'll be glad when Jenna retires.  I perceive her to be a "hooray for me, fuck you" type of individual.

If she's so "toxic" she should be released like Chelsea Chaney was (my 2 cents).  But then maybe she got her shit together after that office meeting....

14 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Here's MY 2 cents on that....  Why not teach them the arm movements early on in training camp?  Have them go down the floor like they do with kicks.  Then, by the time they get on the field, they will know the arm movements and will only have to work on the spacing and hitting the yard lines!  

It’s a great idea.  I wonder why Judy never thought of this.

16 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Why would Erica have to stay in the locker room? Is that standard if you can't perform? I'd be pissed about going on the trip, only to stay squirreled away.

When Jordan was overslept, she had to remain in the tracksuit in the locker room the entire time.  We don't reward bad behavior or at least I don't see it done usually in a work environment

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Why would Erica have to stay in the locker room? Is that standard if you can't perform? I'd be pissed about going on the trip, only to stay squirreled away.

It is Standard of you're injured to reduce the chance of a cheerleader hurting herself further on the job, which would make the DCC liable for her injuries. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, sATL said:

I'm sorry to hear your friend abandoned her dream. I think those who didn't go to top tier undergraduate schools do find a medical school somewhere to get into . Not everyone wanted to, could afford to, or got into top 10/ivy league undergraduate schools. Doesn't LSU have a medical school?

there's the old riddle... What do you call the person who finishes last from medical ( and probably law) school ? Answer: You call them Doctor. So unless the specialty and or the person is obsessed with which medical school they go to, I'm sure there's a place somewhere, sometime. A good test of that theory would be to ask DRs, that you frequent - I would admit I don't think I ever asked what undergrad they went to.

1. Truth be told, I don't think my friend had what it would take to get through medical school. It is HARD. I'm not sure she would've liked working THAT hard. She worked her ass off in nursing school, but that's nothing compared to med school.

2. My friend is an academic snob. In her mind, if it wasn't a top tier school, it wasn't worth her time. Weird thinking, but there are people out there who place a huge importance on pedigree. 

3. LSU does have a medical school. Unicorn kicks made it seem like Cersten's grades were mediocre- I misinterpreted that. My point was if you have mediocre grades, you're not getting into medical school anywhere, even a lower tier school. 

4. Where you go to law and medical school does matter.... it affects where you get internships, fellowships, etc. But at the end of the day, you gotta earn those grades once you're in to be competitive once you're out.  

• Love 2

Has Cersten given any interviews that go in depth as to her medical school hopes? I’m sure that she wouldn’t say outright if her grades are the problem, but if that is what’s holding her back, I imagine that she would be taking some additional classes. If her grades are good and the MCAT is the issue, then probably not.

Med school just seems so tough to get into and not just at the top tier schools, but in general. When I was applying for law school, it seemed like most people who had decent grades and at least a decent LSAT managed to get in somewhere eventually (even if they only got off the waitlist at the last minute). On the other hand, I knew really good and smart students who it took a couple of years for them to get into med school. 

• Love 1

Why would they ask Erica to stay in the locker room, though? That just doesn't make sense.  If she was injured, why take her all the way to Canton, make her dress out, and sit in the locker room.  Something doesn't seem right. 

24 minutes ago, OKWordweaver said:

Why would they ask Erica to stay in the locker room, though? That just doesn't make sense.  If she was injured, why take her all the way to Canton, make her dress out, and sit in the locker room.  Something doesn't seem right. 

She wasn't in trouble at the time, so why leave her behind?  But making her sit in the locker room during the game if she wasn't in trouble, that is the question.

50 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

Good Lord those are bad, and you can see the sheer effort its taking. yikes

It's likely her kicks were just late. That's the case with the majority of the kickline pictures I feel like, other than Christina. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Who is to Miranda's right?  I can't place her face, it looks like Loren to me but obviously it can't be her.

Haha I thought that was Loren and the girl with bad kicks was Raylee.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

She wasn't in trouble at the time, so why leave her behind?  But making her sit in the locker room during the game if she wasn't in trouble, that is the question.

It's always been their policy. This is video Jax filmed from the locker room when she was injured last season and watching on the tv (you can hear Jax's voice)

• Love 3

a few thoughts and a question....I thought Cersten had a date to take her MCATS (talked to K and J about it in the office beginning of season.) Did something change? I went back to watch episode...

and that show was a great reminder of what a super makeover Savannah had in terms of hair color. and then it reminded me that poor Raylee had a target on her back for some reason by Charlotte. (and it seemed like Melissa Rycroft was in on the plan to plant the seed that Raylee was someone not as excited as the rest of the squad to be at finals. Wrong on so many levels. I am so glad she went on to cheer for MAVS? and then I noted the Jessika was heavier that Tasha at auditions..hum, the rules seem to be enforced differently for different people.

• Love 3