Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

eh, I'd personally take that with a cubic meter of salt, but Im a cynic, screams of PR and PR wise it sounds good, makes the boss seem warm and forgiving..  Besides, being 'open' to it isn't the same as 'would actually give her a real shot'.  they're 'open' to overweight 50 year olds with less than zero shot auditioning, doesn't mean they make TC.  but again, Im a cynic.

Plus I can't imagine Charlotte being ok with Holly coming back. Or any of the judges for that matter. Bridge completely burned. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, AZlover said:

My two cents on Jenna. I have been a fan of hers since she first tried out. Her love of the DCC organization has been evident since her first year. She screwed up, we all agree, whether the whole truth was shown on the show is to be debated. To blame a dancer for the actions of another dancer is wrong, I don't care if she is a group leader or not. Holly was an adult, yes an immature adult, but an adult nonetheless. Jenna is not much older, but is older; that in no way means she is responsible for the actions of the other adult. If she was with Holly and in a relationship of sorts with one of the players, she would've been released or "encouraged" to resign as Holly was. Jenna has paid a high price for her actions. She was kept back from the HoF game and it was quite clear from Thursday's episode that she will no longer be point. She showed maturity in accepting her punishment with class and grace. Advocating for herself (which we see in next week's preview) is something anyone would do in her situation. I feel sorry for her because I think Kelli and Judy do not want her on the team and are punishing her in many ways.  I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

Jenna, if you are reading this, I hope all the time and energy you are giving and have given to the organization is worth the humiliation you must be going through watching this all play out on TV. 

Personally, if the promos for next week aren't just heavily edited and cut a certain way(which we all know they normally are) any dignity and grace she had in taking her punishment, though not like she had any choice, has gone out the window. whining about being punished for your actions isn't taking it with class or grace.  it'd have been about two weeks since the whole thing went down and she's complaining?  She's damn lucky to still be ont he squad, super lucky to still be GL. being unable to take two weeks of punishment (depending on what this 'punishment' is) is childish. both K&J said she'd lost their trust and couldn't get it back. complaining about being punished isn't going to help.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

I could not agree more, especially after last season seeing the death glare Charlotte gave Judy when Judy said she wasn't impressed with Yuko.

Couldn't agree more. Same thing with her open disdain for EarLy, the redhead vet who was cut. 

• Love 1

Yeah, if you go back and watch the season with Paula Tabares, you can see Charlotte insisting that she be invited into training camp.  One of the judges makes a critical statement and Charlotte just shuts it down with "No, she has a look that we just don't have."  Her tone is very much "discussion over!"

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

Yeah, if you go back and watch the season with Paula Tabares, you can see Charlotte insisting that she be invited into training camp.  One of the judges makes a critical statement and Charlotte just shuts it down with "No, she has a look that we just don't have."  Her tone is very much "discussion over!"

I don't remember that as much as her reaction to Ann Lux being invited back to TC.  She overrode K&J on that one.

13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Don't forget, K&J talked to Jenna about being a leader and the expectations.  And then she does this.  That's why they are being so hard on her.

How do we not know Jenna ratted out Holly to save her spot on the team. She brought this on herself. She was breaking the rules along with Holly. I am not buying the fact that Kelli and Judy were not so desperate about losing talented vets that they wanted Jenna to stay for her sixth year. The team would have survived without her. If she lost point girl, going to Canton and other DCC related activities then she has no one to blame but herself. No one was forcing her to break the rules.

5 hours ago, ByTor said:

Unfortunately, I think Savannah or Rachel took that spot :(

I think Brennan should have gotten it over Rachel.  If they had made Brennan a brunette with her blue eyes, I think she would have been a knockout.  I know it wasn't her looks that knocked her out, but how many times have they said during the makeovers that the right look could impact their dancing like a DCC?

• Love 5

New to posting, have been with the show since the beginning. I wanted to see if anyone else thinks Taryn's kicks are lower than Christina's? I was hitting freeze frame last night, and there were several lower. I am quite chuffed Taryn gets cut over Christina. I don't get it at all. I forget who mentioned Brennan may be better as brunette, and that may have helped her a bit. Brennan just seemed so nervous down to voice shaking where I would get nervous for her. Her character was solid, so yes, hard to see the heart not in line with the talent. But Taryn over Christina? FLAG ON THE PLAY!!

I also wanted to comment on Erica and her reported behavior in the stands. What happened to our Erica from training camp? Could have blown me over with a feather. I remember her year along with Melissa. That was a strong Rookie year! Erica seemed so sweet, and respectful. Sounds like something went to her head as well :(

and Jenna Jenna Jenna. To the poster who said she was probably sitting right next to Holly at the bar, this would make the most sense to me.  Pics of them getting ready to go out for the night on Instagram, they clearly hung together. Jenna's comments to Holly may have been more about "not in plain sight, this is how I did it/do it" I remember Jenna's first year. I notice that she and Holly seemed to have changed with the "fame" and even down to their projection on the screen. Maybe it's being taught to play up to the crowd, and then the ego gets more involved. I saw it with Holly for sure.

My comment on Gina is maybe best for non spoiler thread, but how in the world did she not pass the sniff test with Kelly and Judy on last night's show? So forced it was painful to watch. So and so is a good girl, comment on TCC who teaches gymnastics, another lost a friend, the East Coast group. Nothing said from the heart, about friendships, just little "facts." She is a great dancer yes. Good teammate? Not as far as I can see. YiKES!!

• Love 8

Hello, all. First time poster here, but I’ve been a fan from that first two hour special. I suppose I’m just a cheerleader way down deep inside of this 50-year-old body. 

Touching on a few recent topics here, I would like to say that I am surprisingly “meh” about Holly leaving. I liked her at first, but I kind of got over her. Whatever she did or didn’t do, the fact is, she signed a contract and she knew what she was doing. 

I must be the only person who likes Christina. I liked her from the beginning. I am hoping she has a wonderful as a DCC. There is something really nice about her. Not being an expert on dance, I can’t really comment on her dance ability. But I just like her and I wish her well. 

Love KaShara and I think she is a good choice for point. She’s bright and fun and has a great, happy attitude.  I think Kelli and Judy want happy, cheerful girls.  

Looking forward to chatting with y’all. ??

• Love 13

Who do you think are one-and-dones?  Gina, Christina, Alexandria, and maybe Savannah are the four I can think of off the top of my head.  This rookie class will HAVE to step it up if they don't want to be slaughtered at auditions next year.  There are too many girls who good at a lot of things coming up right behind them for the rookies to sit back and relax.  As for the veterans, I don't think Jenna will be coming back.  If she chooses not to of her own free will, I think Judy and Kelli will breathe a sigh of relief because they won't have to tell her not to return or cut her at Finals.  Tasha may or may not come back, but will likely be a strong leader and may end up being a 2nd group leader if she does.  I can't think of anyone else who is either to leave on their own or be cut, but we won't know for sure until next year.

• Love 2

To be honest about it I hope Tasha does not come back. I think the Erica/Holly/Jenna and a few outstanding vets from last season retiring saved her bacon aka being cut for weight gain and less than a vet stellar finals interview. The one vet who was called in for weight and is a school teacher (cannot think of her name) may not come back next season. Kelsey probably was also saved by her looks because of the drama this year and the outstanding vets retiring also because by the looks of things I do not think Kelli and Judy were too excited about her coming back. Amy is engaged so she may leave the squad. The last two squads have left a lot to be desired.

20 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

To be honest about it I hope Tasha does not come back. I think the Erica/Holly/Jenna and a few outstanding vets from last season retiring saved her bacon aka being cut for weight gain and less than a vet stellar finals interview. The one vet who was called in for weight and is a school teacher (cannot think of her name) may not come back next season. Kelsey probably was also saved by her looks because of the drama this year and the outstanding vets retiring also because by the looks of things I do not think Kelli and Judy were too excited about her coming back. Amy is engaged so she may leave the squad. The last two squads have left a lot to be desired.

Selina is the teacher.

I hope a bunch of these meh training camp/rookies get it together and become great DCC’s.  Everyone thought Kelsey would be one year only.  I love her.  She REALLY wanted to be a DCC and now she is. She put up with condescension from K&J and tv humiliation and still came back.  Brooke Sorensen was another rookie that had bad hair and was overweight during her rookie season.  She changed her hair, lost weight and became a DCC star.  She made the cover of Star magazine twice.  I love a fighter.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

I hope a bunch of these meh training camp/rookies get it together and become great DCC’s.  Everyone thought Kelsey would be one year only.  I love her.  She REALLY wanted to be a DCC and now she is. She put up with condescension from K&J and tv humiliation and still came back.  Brooke Sorensen was another rookie that had bad hair and was overweight during her rookie season.  She changed her hair, lost weight and became a DCC star.  She made the cover of Star magazine twice.  I love a fighter.

Love Brooke.  Kelli said she had thick arms and was heavy but loved her dancing.  Brooke and Kandi both were called into the office about their weight but they lost it and became great DCCs. 

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Who do you think are one-and-dones?  Gina, Christina, Alexandria, and maybe Savannah are the four I can think of off the top of my head.  This rookie class will HAVE to step it up if they don't want to be slaughtered at auditions next year.  There are too many girls who good at a lot of things coming up right behind them for the rookies to sit back and relax.  As for the veterans, I don't think Jenna will be coming back.  If she chooses not to of her own free will, I think Judy and Kelli will breathe a sigh of relief because they won't have to tell her not to return or cut her at Finals.  Tasha may or may not come back, but will likely be a strong leader and may end up being a 2nd group leader if she does.  I can't think of anyone else who is either to leave on their own or be cut, but we won't know for sure until next year.

If Cersten gets into medical school, I think she will be gone. Jenna and Jinelle are two others that I think will retire, and I could see several of the three years girls leaving too. It seems like lots of them are mid-20s in age, and therefore may be starting to look at transitioning to long-term careers. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

If Cersten gets into medical school, I think she will be gone. Jenna and Jinelle are two others that I think will retire, and I could see several of the three years girls leaving too. It seems like lots of them are mid-20s in age, and therefore may be starting to look at transitioning to long-term careers. 

I think Jenna is done after this year. I also don't think she has a snowball's chance in hell of getting Pro Bowl cheerleader. I hope Jinelle gets it.

• Love 12

I loved how they actually showed the blocking of the triangle & practice without the "trio"

"......tell Jenna she should be dancing" quote of the night???

thought it was one of the best episodes- showed us what everyone has been wanting to see---dance! 

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

This year I've yet to see the level of spunk and fight in these rookies that I've seen in previous years, like Kelsey, like Simone, like Brooke, who were always on the bubble, were always sweet and cute and I could see being great performers, but just weren't showing K&J quite what they wanted for some reason. Kelsey could have chosen to stay away after the abject humiliation of being thhe 50 yard girl but she came back, and then came back again. she worked her ass off. underneath it all, there is some steel there. Simone sharpened up her dance after years of training of being far more fluid and 'noodle-y' and worked her ass off to neaten up her lines and gain more power (not an easy thing) and under her apparent gentleness there is a strong determination. i find the seemingly one-and-done rookies of this year either incredibly meek (and don't get me wrong, I love them because man when I was their age I was even more so) and potentially going to wilt under a year of K&J&Kitty and their demands(Savvy is either going to have to harden up or will be eaten alive), or too arrogant which spells disaster the other way, or got in by the skin of their teeth and seemingly against K&Js better judgement which means they have to work three times as hard to impress this year. I wish we'd seen more of the rookies, gotten more of an idea of who they really are, rather than the archetypes that reality tv likes to peddle - the bitch, the mouse, the yes girl, etc - but while some of the rookies look like they could settle in really well and find their groove and flourish (like Kalyssa and Lauren) others are several games in and are still marking in half-time shows or missing beats or starting/ending too soon(like Alexandria who also got engaged recently I believe and I don't know if she'll stick around in Dallas with him in Boston, unless he moves too). 

TLDR: in past seasons I've seen a fire or fight in the rookies that seemingly get in by the skin of their teeth, but not seeing it so far this year in the girls that scream 'one and done'

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Cersten didn't take the MCAT this year so don't think she's going to med school any time soon.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Aggielife said:

Cersten didn't take the MCAT this year so don't think she's going to med school any time soon.

In an office visit, she said she was taking it in the spring so she will be here probably next year as it may be too late for a match

I agree about Kelsey, she has the heart, and is a fighter. Kashira and Lacey are so important to the squad. Love Madeline. Stephanie may not be strongest, but I would miss her on squad, Cersten is a star as well, Milan as well.

Ah, rookies that will go the distance? I hope Kalyssa, Lexie, Miranda and Kerya as strong rookies to come back.  I think Tara and Savannah have a chance to come back with great experience/stronger, I am not as jazzy about Lauren in uniform and as dancer, but she is a great ambassador. Would like to see Lauren go to her real hair color! (brunette, the blond is a no go for me.)

Taryn to RE AUDITION! and Shelby's Daughter....

Does anyone have any feedback from watching the actual games this season so far?

• Love 2

The ones I hope will come back are Lacey, Cersten, Maddie, KaShara, & Lauren. The rest won't disappoint me one way or the other. 

The only ones I hope leave are Jenna, Christina, Gina and YUKO. Please let this be Yuko's last season! None of the appearances I've seen her in show her in a favorable light. She just hasn't adapted to the DCC style.

• Love 5
On 9/29/2017 at 10:27 PM, Kiki88 said:

In regards to this Demi house party contest , I have to wonder if they ever check addresses before picking a winner. That house was huge and they are obviously loaded. You never see anyone from the 'hood winning anything like that... ever! ?

Southlake. The whole town is loaded. My uncle lives there and has a 2 million dollar house.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, tinydancer2828 said:

This! I think she’s a fantastic dancer but she knew what being a group leader entailed. 

Does a group leader also mean "tattling"? I'm sorry, but that expectation should not be required of group leaders. The DCC is a "sisterhood", they shouldn't be ratting out each other. I wouldn't want to be a part of a sisterhood that would expect this of me. Don't get me wrong, dating players is wrong, but expecting the girls to "tell K & J" about infractions is not cool in my eyes. It seems that this year's DCC team must be very petty if they stab each other in the back to make themselves look good.  I'm a little disillusioned this year...don't mind me.  

dis.gif

• Love 4

Being in Maine, we are not local TV, nor are we Dallas fans...

However- I watch the game to get a glimpse of the cheerleaders. Never... not a thing but a glimpse of boots..

I thought Kelly said that cheerleaders were on tv all the time.. Uh... no...

I guess it is a local thing ????

• Love 2
2 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I agree about Kelsey, she has the heart, and is a fighter. Kashira and Lacey are so important to the squad. Love Madeline. Stephanie may not be strongest, but I would miss her on squad, Cersten is a star as well, Milan as well.

Ah, rookies that will go the distance? I hope Kalyssa, Lexie, Miranda and Kerya as strong rookies to come back.  I think Tara and Savannah have a chance to come back with great experience/stronger, I am not as jazzy about Lauren in uniform and as dancer, but she is a great ambassador. Would like to see Lauren go to her real hair color! (brunette, the blond is a no go for me.)

Taryn to RE AUDITION! and Shelby's Daughter....

Does anyone have any feedback from watching the actual games this season so far?

From what I've seen of her on the field in nippets from the official DCC insta and half-time shows, Alexandria was damn lucky to make the team and is gonna have to improve a lot to stay on it. missing beats, poor lines, out of tempo, marking, awful makeup...i really don't know how she made the team other than that K especially seemed to have her heart set on her, and I don't wonder if some of that wasn't because she liked the idea of showing off a Pats girl

20 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

However- I watch the game to get a glimpse of the cheerleaders. Never... not a thing but a glimpse of boots..

Kelli also says that the DCC uniform is the most iconic uniform in the world...not dance uniform, but uniform.  Kelli says a lot of crap that is meaningless, esp about the fame level and importance of the DCC

• Love 4
On 9/30/2017 at 8:00 PM, PBSLover said:

Sorry but I agree that at that age, I wouldn’t feel that i had any say or could do anything about a girl self-destructing.  It’s the same thing if Holly had been drinking to excess/taking drugs or diet pills/developing bulimia/whatever. I don’t know if I would tell the organization about that either. 

From the outside, the DCC promotes a sisterhood.  But if a girl takes a wrong path, a DCC has to put the organization first is what we were basically told on Thursday..

3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I think Jenna is done after this year. I also don't think she has a snowball's chance in hell of getting Pro Bowl cheerleader. I hope Jinelle gets it.

I hope Jinelle gets it too.  She's so talented, dedicated and classy.....and way underrated. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, WickedMom said:

I hope Jinelle gets it too.  She's so talented, dedicated and classy.....and way underrated. 

Same! I think Jinelle gets overlooked a lot because she tends to keep her head down, stays out of trouble and out of the light a lot. I think she's got a great personality, she seems approachable and bubbly, seems a good ambassador and while I dont think she's the best dancer on the squad, she's by no means middle of the road and is a great performer with a beautiful smile. its a shame she gets overlooked a lot

• Love 8

Frankly- I think that Dallas will not win another superbowl until- when the cheerleaders are on, they show them on the big screen, and when the players are on- show them... Odd to say- but even the telecasts are so jumbled....

( example- during Thunderstruck, all they mix in old videos of the players.. This is not the time- and won't make new to be history unless they drop the old... )

Edited by maineborzoi
1 hour ago, AZlover said:

Does a group leader also mean "tattling"? I'm sorry, but that expectation should not be required of group leaders. The DCC is a "sisterhood", they shouldn't be ratting out each other. I wouldn't want to be a part of a sisterhood that would expect this of me. Don't get me wrong, dating players is wrong, but expecting the girls to "tell K & J" about infractions is not cool in my eyes. It seems that this year's DCC team must be very petty if they stab each other in the back to make themselves look good.  I'm a little disillusioned this year...don't mind me. 

When it comes down to it, this is a job. Close friendships are a collateral benefit, they certainly enrich the experience and make it enjoyable, but that's not why they are there.

All of this talk about "tattling." I guess my feeling about this is very different from everyone else's. If my coworker is doing something that only impacts her, and she's self destructing, that's on her. If she's a close friend, I'd talk to her about it. If she's just a casual friend, it's her business. But if she's doing something that messes with MY situation? Yes, I would absolutely out her. Especially if it's illegal. What Holly and Jenna were doing was something could cause gossip/scandal that negatively impacts the entire team. It creates an environment where some people feel like the rules don't apply to them, and if that is allowed to go on, it becomes very toxic. I guess if they don't care enough about their teammates to be discreet, their teammates should not be overly concerned about protecting them either.

If my coworker was stealing I would tell my boss. That's not tattling, that's not backstabbing, that's just common sense because I could be named as an accessory to that activity. If my coworker was showing up for rehearsal late or drunk, that's disrespectful of everyone else's time and effort. I would talk to that person, and if they did not correct it, I would absolutely tell my boss so she can correct it. I am not about putting up with other people's nonsense.

I have been in similar situations in my life with two different coworkers and there's a lot of grey area here. One coworker was late all of the time. He showed up reeking of pot and during lunch he would go pass out in his car for a couple of hours. He wasn't on my team, and I didn't care, so I kept out of it. But later I had another coworker who was showing up two hours after everyone else. In that case, I did tell my boss, because he was consistently walking in late to my meetings and disrupting the entire group. If anyone tried to scold me for "tattling" I would've laughed. Collegiality is important in the work place. But you know what's more important? Keeping my job, doing it well, and being able to pay my bills.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 17
On 10/7/2017 at 10:21 PM, sleepyjean said:

If my coworker was stealing I would tell my boss. That's not tattling, that's not backstabbing, that's just common sense because I could be named as an accessory to that activity.

Agreed. Stealing is illegal. Drinking under age in a bar is illegal and falls on the establishment and bartenders to enforce not Jenna. Dating football players, not illegal.  Posting pics, snaps, or videos of it would be stupid on their part.

On 10/7/2017 at 10:21 PM, sleepyjean said:

If my coworker was showing up for rehearsal late or drunk, that's disrespectful of everyone else's time and effort. I would talk to that person, and if they did not correct it, I would absolutely tell my boss so she can correct it.

After working for 33 years (retired now), I can only say that by telling my superiors about the actions of my colleagues, I would have been ostracized and blackballed. ...just my opinion.

As a cheerleader in high school, I saw a younger cheerleader smoking in her uniform. I talked to her and told her to tell her coach what I had seen or I would. She owned up to it and was removed from the squad. I wasn't the most "liked" for awhile after that so I think that's why I feel it's unfair to hold vets/group leaders to this standard. As a cheerleading coach for 10 years, many of girls would tell me things about other girls on the squad and it was usually to benefit themselves.  I guess I bring different background experiences to this situation. 

Bottom line, this was a hard lesson to learn for Holly and Jenna. 

Edited by AZlover
spelling
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

When it comes down to it, this is a job. Close friendships are a collateral benefit, they certainly enrich the experience and make it enjoyable, but that's not why they are there.

All of this talk about "tattling." I guess my feeling about this is very different from everyone else's. If my coworker is doing something that only impacts her, and she's self destructing, that's on her. If she's a close friend, I'd talk to her about it. If she's just a casual friend, it's her business. But if she's doing something that messes with MY situation? Yes, I would absolutely out her. Especially if it's illegal. What Holly and Jenna were doing was something could cause gossip/scandal that negatively impacts the entire team. It creates an environment where some people feel like the rules don't apply to them, and if that is allowed to go on, it becomes very toxic. I guess if they don't care enough about their teammates to be discreet, their teammates should not be overly concerned about protecting them either.

If my coworker was stealing I would tell my boss. That's not tattling, that's not backstabbing, that's just common sense because I could be named as an accessory to that activity. If my coworker was showing up for rehearsal late or drunk, that's disrespectful of everyone else's time and effort. I would talk to that person, and if they did not correct it, I would absolutely tell my boss so she can correct it. I am not about putting up with other people's nonsense.

I have been in similar situations in my life with two different coworkers and there's a lot of grey area here. One coworker was late all of the time. He showed up reeking of pot and during lunch he would go pass out in his car for a couple of hours. He wasn't on my team, and I didn't care, so I kept out of it. But later I had another coworker who was showing up two hours after everyone else. In that case, I did tell my boss, because he was consistently walking in late to my meetings and disrupting the entire group. If anyone tried to scold me for "tattling" I would've laughed. Collegiality is important in the work place. But you know what's more important? Keeping my job, doing it well, and being able to pay my bills.

THIS.

I find it so weird people refer to it as 'tattling' which is just infantalizing and juvenile. these aren't school girls running to teacher, they're colleagues in a workplace.  The DCC might witter endless on about sisterhood, but I'd believe that as far as I can throw it. it's like a cast of a tv show or movie raving during a press junket about how they're all best friends, and will love each other for ever and it was barely like work blag blah blah when its more than evident they couldnt stand each other. its pure PR.  friendships make work easier, but at the end of the day, they're colleagues.  they're ambassadors for their team and the NFL. what Holly did wasn't just breech of contract, it was breaking the law.  for the average 20 year old, is that the end of the world? nope.  did i do the same damn thing? yup and I was even younger than Holly (Im talking underage in club/drinking not screwing around with an alleged domestic abuser).  Group Leader is just that, a leader and Jenna would have had that spelled out to her. as a GL hshe has even greater responsibility to report things that are detrimental to the squad and the team. half of the point of GLs (in the DCC and other workplaces)is as insiders on the ground when the bosses aren't around to see. its their responsibility to nib crap like that in the bud and if they can't, then they try other avenues (like going to management) not to be sitting right next to the girl in the club.  if Jenna was buying drinks for Holly, thats a crime, so that makes two criminal DCC if they got busted.    is there a hell of a lot grey area here? absolutely. and there are steps between trying by yourself to get a friend/colleague to stop a behaviour and going to your boss, but going to your boss is damn well on the list of stuff to do. 

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, AZlover said:

Agreed. Stealing is illegal. Drinking under age in a bar is illegal and falls on the establishment and bartenders to enforce not Jenna. Dating football players, not illegal.  Posting pics, snaps, or videos of it would be stupid on their part.

After working for 33 years (retired now), I can only say that by telling my superiors about the actions of my colleagues, I would have been ostracized and blackballed. ...just my opinion.

As a cheerleader in high school, I saw a younger cheerleader smoking in her uniform. I talked to her and told her to tell her coach what I had seen or I would. She owned up to it and was removed from the squad. I wasn't the most "liked" for awhile after that so I think that's why I feel it's unfair to hold vets/group leaders to this standard. As a cheerleading coach for 10 years, many of girls would tell me things about other girls on the squad and it was usually to benefit themselves.  I guess I bring different background experiences to this situation. 

Bottom line, this was a hard lesson to learn for Holy and Jenna. 

I don't think your viewpoints or experiences are out of the norm at all. Right or wrong, I don't think most people run and tell on their co-workers for anything other than for the most serious sorts of things and typically only the things that could rebound to them. I know I wouldn't unless my job was threatened by the behavior. Outside of the very real risk of being blackballed, many managers tend to dislike people who do that. Beyond that however, I simply don't want any involvement in someone losing their job or being demoted...none. People are nuts, and I don't want any taking their rage out on me. That's just the truth.

• Love 3

As far as one and dones...

Alexandria (if she chooses to get married next year),  She also stated she bought a house with her fiance which seems to be back in Massachusetts.  Long distance has to be hard.  I honestly think she is a strong performer, she needs to be a brunette.  Perhaps a light brown hair color?  I think this past weeks episode showed her messing up the field entrance, but maybe she worked with her group leader and was able to improve? They don't always show us everything on TV.

Savanna, if she does not improve over the season.

Rachel, if she can keep her weight down.

Maybe Christina (K & J have only brought her into the office once this TC so far, regarding her breathing, nothing about her dance technique.) 

As for the vets, I think this will be the last year for:

Jenna (obviously)

Jinelle

Cersten (if she gets into med school)

I really hope to see Lacey, Robin, and Kelsey back next year!

As for the vets I HOPE retire/get cut next year:

Jenna, Milan, Simone (is she even on the squad? I never hear anything about her), Selina (she is forgettable and not outgoing enough), Tess (another forgettable dancer), and JESSIKA...I cannot believe she wasn't cut after her solo performance at auditions this year.  

Based on the preview, my assumption is that Kelli and Judy pull Jenna into the office to let her know they're keeping Kashara as point for the regular season.  Thus, Jenna says that she feels like she's still being punished. Makes sense to me why she'd feel that way, even if not the most polished response. 

From the episode, it seemed like they were planning Kashara for the HOF performances and would re-evaluate. They evaluated and stayed with Kash. 

• Love 11

If Jenna tries to come back next year for Year 7 I will be horrified.   But not really surprised.   Just my opinion that 7! years on DCC is nuts and I look askance at anyone who does it.   But it doesn't seem like Jenna is interested in pursuing anything else and hasn't found an escape hatch... I mean a husband.. Yet.  

• Love 7
4 hours ago, maineborzoi said:

I'm pretty sure she's referring to the gigantic tv screens at AT&T Stadium. It extends from one of the 20 yard lines to the other 20 yard line & is 90 feet above the ground.  They have better coverage of the DCC & so on like when stations go to commercial, they cover the girls and what not. Not actual, tv airings of the games. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

We all seem to be forgetting that both Jenna and Holly got in trouble last year for something similar. I guess Kelli and Judy's patience was gone.  We didn’t see the entire exchange with either Jenna or Holly nor do we know what was said last year to them last time. Maybe the importance of the organization and it being a priority was made clear then.  Guess we’ll never know but I can just assume.

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, kalibean said:

Based on the preview, my assumption is that Kelli and Judy pull Jenna into the office to let her know they're keeping Kashara as point for the regular season.  Thus, Jenna says that she feels like she's still being punished. Makes sense to me why she'd feel that way, even if not the most polished response. 

From the episode, it seemed like they were planning Kashara for the HOF performances and would re-evaluate. They evaluated and stayed with Kash. 

The irony being, complaining about still being punished (after frankly getting off super lightly with just being taken off HOF no matter how big a deal they made of it) just cements it in people minds that you deserve to continue to be punished, that you've not learned your lesson yet. oh well

• Love 3

does anyone know why Erica's 'drama' and exit aren't being shown at all? is it because it was at HOF? did the Jones' (aka Charlotte) step in and decide it looked bad for the brand to be discussing a senior vet drinking at HOF when JJ was the one being honoured?

2 hours ago, CaseyRe said:

does anyone know why Erica's 'drama' and exit aren't being shown at all? is it because it was at HOF? did the Jones' (aka Charlotte) step in and decide it looked bad for the brand to be discussing a senior vet drinking at HOF when JJ was the one being honoured?

It's been speculated she took some kind of legal action.

• Love 1
Just now, MrsEVH said:

It's been speculated she took some kind of legal action.

huh, I wonder what the basis of the suit could have been. if you'd signed the waiver, and you were breeching contract, I'm so curious as to what she could have claimed that would have worked...oh so nosey!!! ;)

• Love 5
1 minute ago, CaseyRe said:

huh, I wonder what the basis of the suit could have been. if you'd signed the waiver, and you were breeching contract, I'm so curious as to what she could have claimed that would have worked...oh so nosey!!! ;)

NOTHING. Erica is not known for her brains.

Speaking of brains Cersten and medical school HAHAHA. Her grades are not great, MCAT OK, she would've got in somewhere by now if she was as smart as she says.  STudying for medical school is her excuse for a job. Also an excuse if she was about to get cut - oh, well I'm going to med school anyway. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

NOTHING. Erica is not known for her brains.

Speaking of brains Cersten and medical school HAHAHA. Her grades are not great, MCAT OK, she would've got in somewhere by now if she was as smart as she says.  STudying for medical school is her excuse for a job. Also an excuse if she was about to get cut - oh, well I'm going to med school anyway. 

How do you know her grades? There are several paths to take before medical school. Who knows what her plans are, but I don't think they're bogus. 

• Love 7