Type keyword(s) to search

2017 Tryouts and Training Camp: Candidates Included

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, maineborzoi said:

Hard to say, but I felt it was more that Chelsea was mocking K & J after the weight discussion, then back back and try to lie about it... Then had a snarky way handling herself at the following rehearsal/(s) in her performance...

I have to agree with you.

Was Chelsea that stupid not to realize she was being filmed while she was doing it? She had to know it would get back to Kelli & Judy or maybe she didn't care at that point.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, MrsEVH said:

I have to agree with you.

Was Chelsea that stupid not to realize she was being filmed while she was doing it? She had to know it would get back to Kelli & Judy or maybe she didn't care at that point.

Either way- but the result was still she was under minding the principle of " team", and mocking the directors of the team... When called on the matter by Kitty, even when Chelsea came in to Talk to K&J, still did not act forthcoming with an apology at first... And barely made it to training camp as stated as it was....

• Love 2

Maybe Chelsea thought she could talk her way out of that situation but I think at that point K & J were done with her bs. She had been on the bubble for appearance and dance and kept trying to be funny and disrespecting them by mocking. Homegirl talked her way on and off the team. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, beachespeaches said:

Maybe Chelsea thought she could talk her way out of that situation but I think at that point K & J were done with her bs. She had been on the bubble for appearance and dance and kept trying to be funny and disrespecting them by mocking. Homegirl talked her way on and off the team. 

Yep, I think she pissed off Kelli, and her days were numbered at that point. Kelli wears her emotions on her sleeve in some ways. It's obvious when she really like someone, and obvious when she doesn't or is completely over someone. Some examples are Whitney (see ep 1 this season), Vivian (she wore out her welcome with Kelli), Hannah (Kelli seemed totally over her), Ashley Paige, and Chelsea (same as Hannah). 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, beachespeaches said:

Oh I absolutely think her snark about Kitty, about being called in, and even how she handled herself when being scolded factor into their decision.  And the hand on heart, I was just trying to make my friends feel better was bull ( and repetitive of her interview the first year). AND her dancing was clumsy.  But more to this particular topic with Jenna, I think she may have been bordering on getting a rep as a party girl. Not good for any DCC and even more so when you are under 21. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I wouldn't worry about it, it's not like you can see anything obscene in that picture. It just shows how high the girls kick and what you'll have to look like if your mom takes you to try out.

Those Hoooters tights that so many DCC favor are dark and thick enough to cover a whole lotta cash and prizes. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Those Hoooters tights that so many DCC favor are dark and thick enough to cover a whole lotta cash and prizes. 

Not to mention, as it is said, Hooters can't dance :) Dancing 4 hours straight has got to be tiring, ... and hot....

8 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Looking at this post with the accompanying picture, Jenna states she is proud of "THIS" team, meaning the team pictured below?? Without Holly? And the group of "Veterans" (capitalized by her) we have, again without Holly?   Jenna seems to always be cryptic in her messages since announcing her retirement last year right after the Pro Bowl cheerleader was announced.  I hope Holly was not thrown under the bus by Jenna in order to save herself...lol.. and I can only hope Holly has an offer she couldn't refuse and had to retire.  

Ooooooh good spotting @Jazzmom... I think you could be on to something there!

6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I think Jenna reminds me of someone who got in trouble and then chose to sing a song about a witch as sort of an under your breath dig.  Her cryptic ?IG or Tweet about looking through the lens of thankfulness just seems like another dig.  She just doesn't know when to shut up.  Spent many years working with those in their 20's and recognize the behavior.

Yes, this!

• Love 3

I suspect Jenna got sucked in to believing her own publicity some time last year... when she started posting all those "look at how cute I am, at being so gorgeous!!" insta ridiculousness-es.

"Legend in her own Lunchbox" syndrome ? It's a train wreck to watch... and I hope that I am a cynical old bag who is completely wrong.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, sATL said:

Basic DCC audition 101 question: Do you have to resign from your current professional cheerleader position, to try out for another ? 

The NBA season is more than 1/2 over in the spring and the NHL & NFL are in their off season.

I guess I am asking from a corporate America background - don't quit one job before you have another. ☺

Good question. I know the Mavs girls had to resign to audition for the DCC. I think Rose "left" the Ice Angels when she made TC. Not sure how it worked when Courtney Johnson made TC. I thought she posted on her Twitter that she resigned from DSIG. Then she got cut from DCC and went back to them.

Just now, missmansfield said:

I knew she was in some kind of trouble but didnt know she was for sure gone.

Still hasn't been confirmed but imo I think it's silly not to think so at this point since she hasn't posted a thing after all the rumors, but Jenna has. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, Holly's still in one of the promo shots prominently placed on the DCC website.  Wouldn't they have at least changed the promo shot if she was truly gone?

I don't think they're too quick on updating things though. When the three vets in finals were cut it was several days before their twitters went down. If Holly's stays up then I guess it will be a mystery. Shelly did say to watch so I'm guess it's highly possible they'll cover it. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Well, Holly's still in one of the promo shots prominently placed on the DCC website.  Wouldn't they have at least changed the promo shot if she was truly gone?

Honestly I'd take that with a HUGE grain of salt. In years past they didn't even update the squad photo and cameos until MTT was over even though the team was chosen before the show started airing. It would make sense that they wouldn't have made any changes to the website yet IMO.

I did notice they cropped Holly out of some of the MTT promo pics though. It used to be Holly, Robin and Maggie and now it's just Maggie and Robin... I'd link it from the DCC twitter but the insert function's not working for me right now.

Edited by SanLynn
clarity
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

???....not really feeling any uncomfortable busses to my backside.?  

??? Can't win. 

Generally speaking, I think we tend to be polite (yet honest) to anyone who has had a child/family friend/etc. featured on the show, as well as the rare DCC appearance.  And of course like anything online, behave less like dicks than normal when it's not as anonymous anymore. Manners aren't necessary on a forum, but it doesn't hurt.  

I'm glad we have someone involved with the organization willing to answer quite a few of our questions (some of them nosy as hell), as reliable insider info doesn't come around terribly often, and it's kind of neat that she also got featured in the season since her daughter auditioned. I'd be just as excited if @LaurenBrook or @LadyMsJay or several others of y'all were shown.  

Way back in the days of MBTV we would occasionally get a producer or writer that joined, and I thought it was cool that they would take time to do it. This feels right along those lines to me.   

• Love 15

Hey Shelly, I think you are great for being here for us, and I think Dayton is lovely and talented, and I want you to know this is my honest opinion and I'm not saying this to be a suck up. The DCCs are terrific dancers and it's silly to compare them to waitresses, a job that might be tough but doesn't require any particular talent or training. You might as well compare an army general to a security guard because they both wear uniforms. Also, Broadway dancers who look down on DCCs are pretty darn ignorant because the fact is Broadway dancing tends to be pretty simple stuff.  Most DCCs could do Broadway choreo in their sleep.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

Hey Shelly, I think you are great for being here for us, and I think Dayton is lovely and talented, and I want you to know this is my honest opinion and I'm not saying this to be a suck up. The DCCs are terrific dancers and it's silly to compare them to waitresses, a job that might be tough but doesn't require any particular talent or training. You might as well compare an army general to a security guard because they both wear uniforms. Also, Broadway dancers who look down on DCCs are pretty darn ignorant because the fact is Broadway dancing tends to be pretty simple stuff.  Most DCCs could do Broadway choreo in their sleep.

TY. Lots of careers require dedication, determination and guts. They just aren't exposed on reality TV. Even w/o the show, it happened. It's part of our world to be compared, sized up, etc. The dance world in general is tough and judgmental...I'm sure you're aware because of your daughter being on SMU Pom, right? I'm here to help answer the questions that I can, not gossip or spur speculation. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

TY. Lots of careers require dedication, determination and guts. They just aren't exposed on reality TV. Even w/o the show, it happened. It's part of our world to be compared, sized up, etc. The dance world in general is tough and judgmental...I'm sure you're aware because of your daughter being on SMU Pom, right? I'm here to help answer the questions that I can, not gossip or spur speculation. 

How nice of you to remember! I know you said you worked with one of the rookies. I'll try to figure out how to send you their camp videos.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

How nice of you to remember! I know you said you worked with one of the rookies. I'll try to figure out how to send you their camp videos.

Following them on Instagram, plus they will be joining us for a halftime or two! Excited to see my girl cheer on the ponies. She and Dayton grew up dancing together since they were 6.

9 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Following them on Instagram, plus they will be joining us for a halftime or two! Excited to see my girl cheer on the ponies. She and Dayton grew up dancing together since they were 6.

Cool! I flew out for the holiday show last year--so fun! Such a small dance world. My daughter is four pics back on Insta right now, the one with her left arm up.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ShellyB said:

I watch anything related to ballet, especially classical (and listen to ballet podcasts).  I watched a special on the daily life of ballet dancers.  What I learned is they don't have much of a life outside of ballet.  I don't know how they have the dedication to work as long as they do every day.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, kalibean said:

??? Can't win. 

Generally speaking, I think we tend to be polite (yet honest) to anyone who has had a child/family friend/etc. featured on the show, as well as the rare DCC appearance.  And of course like anything online, behave less like dicks than normal when it's not as anonymous anymore. Manners aren't necessary on a forum, but it doesn't hurt.  

I'm glad we have someone involved with the organization willing to answer quite a few of our questions (some of them nosy as hell), as reliable insider info doesn't come around terribly often, and it's kind of neat that she also got featured in the season since her daughter auditioned. I'd be just as excited if @LaurenBrook or @LadyMsJay or several others of y'all were shown.  

Way back in the days of MBTV we would occasionally get a producer or writer that joined, and I thought it was cool that they would take time to do it. This feels right along those lines to me.   

Thank you for writing this? I would also add that I think it is really nice that someone who is putting in some loooooong days these past few months between auditions and training camp is taking the time to read through this forum and answer questions from people who are basically strangers. Remember Shelly is not getting paid for this and is rather funny with her answers. I know I am new to this forum and used to get upset when people would say things that were unkind about Bri and would try to clarify for people so they would understand. I get the whole forum thing now. But I am new and most of you don't know me. Shelly is someone who has been here a while and also was a member of the team. Dayton is also her baby girl. That is why there is so much love for her?

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Whats this? I have not seen Laurenbrook on here since " The Shut Down"

Probably just busy. She's liked some of my posts. 

How many days of training camp are left? Those girls have to be on pins and needles until the team is announced. Seems like this year it's been a longer wait. Not sure if it has been, or just seems like it. 

Do they have any guest appearances like Kacey Musgrave, Candace Romo, Kelli Pickler this year, or does Hall of Fame stuff replace that?

• Love 4

Was looking at the documents that the girls have to sign and I assume those who work with MTT.  One area that is completely underlined spoke of not revealing any confidential info which I assume is whatever is going on, who stays, who leaves, what is said etc before it is aired.  The penalty is based upon the damage done and starts at $3,000,000-no I didn't misread this, it was actually spelled out Three million dollars.  Wonder if that was a concern over the person who worked for MTT who was on the board last?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Was looking at the documents that the girls have to sign and I assume those who work with MTT.  One area that is completely underlined spoke of not revealing any confidential info which I assume is whatever is going on, who stays, who leaves, what is said etc before it is aired.  The penalty is based upon the damage done and starts at $3,000,000-no I didn't misread this, it was actually spelled out Three million dollars.  Wonder if that was a concern over the person who worked for MTT who was on the board last?

Where did you find that?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Any chance you could show us the docs? We all know they exist, and for good reason, just haven't ever seen them. I think you're totally right that being fired, ruining your reputation for future employment and a $3M fee would definitely be a concern. Same reason why Holly is silent. I hope she has a huge diatribe and spills a ton of tea after this season airs.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Any chance you could show us the docs? We all know they exist, and for good reason, just haven't ever seen them. I think you're totally right that being fired, ruining your reputation for future employment and a $3M fee would definitely be a concern. Same reason why Holly is silent. I hope she has a huge diatribe and spills a ton of tea after this season airs.

Just wondering at what point can the girls say something?  Amy Simone put it on her IG when she was cut. Maybe it was OK because they had already announced the team by the time she posted.

I believe all reality show participants have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. On other shows the NDA seems to go out the window when the show reaches the point that the info would be broadcast.  I don't know if the DCC NDA is the same way or not, but in situations like Holly's, where she has a large fan base questioning her whereabouts, I think the silence does more harm than good. The rumors about why someone who was such a gifted and popular performer quit are getting really bad, and not just on fan boards either.  The DC organization probably thinks this will blow over, and I'm sure it will, but the reputation of a respectable, stellar organization (at least on the cheerleaders side lol) seems to be getting a bit tarnished. There's a time to stay quiet, and a time to speak out. I hope the DC organization chooses wisely.

• Love 4
56 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Oh I so hope she does!!!

31 minutes ago, Java said:

I believe all reality show participants have to sign a non-disclosure agreement. On other shows the NDA seems to go out the window when the show reaches the point that the info would be broadcast.  I don't know if the DCC NDA is the same way or not, but in situations like Holly's, where she has a large fan base questioning her whereabouts, I think the silence does more harm than good. The rumors about why someone who was such a gifted and popular performer quit are getting really bad, and not just on fan boards either.  The DC organization probably thinks this will blow over, and I'm sure it will, but the reputation of a respectable, stellar organization (at least on the cheerleaders side lol) seems to be getting a bit tarnished. There's a time to stay quiet, and a time to speak out. I hope the DC organization chooses wisely.

Seriously I've seen rumors that she's dating Zeke, smoking pot with Zeke, that she's pg with Zeke's baby, that she's involved in a criminal investigation. If nothing else someone in the organization needs to contact Holly and tell her to go back to her "I'm so happy" posts on her instagram at least: show her working out, playing with her dogs, lip syncing, her lyft coupon codes, something. The utter silence is not good.

• Love 2

Those are just the rumors on Holly; there are others out there questioning the handling and legality of what the DC organization has done. I've heard the word discrimination uttered more than once. 

We all know the rumor mill feeds itself and alot of it is b.s., but IMO, the DCC is an exception to the old saying " any publicity is good publicity. "  What could be handled quickly and moved on from, is just festering. 

The girls making the team now shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense overshadowing the team announcement. JMO.

• Love 5

I think, at this point, the terrible tarnish of the DCC reputation is being overstated, and I suspect that Jenna's level of "antics" and disobedience is being blown out of proportion as well. Maybe some of this is because we still don't have much else to talk about, since it was a spoiler free summer and only the first episode has aired. If Jenna really has behaved so awfully so repeatedly, she'd be gone. She clearly is on probation and missed a once in a lifetime DCC opportunity to attend and perform in the HOF game and celebrations, shortly after becoming point girl. To me, that is a pretty major punishment.  Plus, she not only had to stay home, she had to face the rookie candidates, which must have been humbling in its own right and clearly sends a message to the newbies: do not F with us or our rules or you will regret it. That, to me, isn't really allowing for wild exceptions or lowering management standards.  I also think that it is somewhat humbling on Jenna's part to publicly acknowledge that she was longing to be able to attend the HOF game with her team and wanting to show her support. I didn't see shade in those remarks, but yes, perhaps a little kissing up to Kelli and Judy. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, M1977G said:

I think, at this point, the terrible tarnish of the DCC reputation is being overstated, and I suspect that Jenna's level of "antics" and disobedience is being blown out of proportion as well. Maybe some of this is because we still don't have much else to talk about, since it was a spoiler free summer and only the first episode has aired. If Jenna really has behaved so awfully so repeatedly, she'd be gone. She clearly is on probation and missed a once in a lifetime DCC opportunity to attend and perform in the HOF game and celebrations, shortly after becoming point girl. To me, that is a pretty major punishment.  Plus, she not only had to stay home, she had to face the rookie candidates, which must have been humbling in its own right and clearly sends a message to the newbies: do not F with us or our rules or you will regret it. That, to me, isn't really allowing for wild exceptions or lowering management standards.  I also think that it is somewhat humbling on Jenna's part to publicly acknowledge that she was longing to be able to attend the HOF game with her team and wanting to show her support. I didn't see shade in those remarks, but yes, perhaps a little kissing up to Kelli and Judy. 

From the standpoint of Jenna's issues, I agree. But Jenna isn't MIA - Holly is, and the rumors there are crazy.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Also, Broadway dancers who look down on DCCs are pretty darn ignorant because the fact is Broadway dancing tends to be pretty simple stuff.  Most DCCs could do Broadway choreo in their sleep.

I'll agree that any dancer looking down on another one is ignorant, why not support each other and your mutual talents.

BUT Broadway dancers are incredibly talented and the fact that the make it look pretty simple is just a testament to how well trained they are. Lots of tricks and turns? Not necessarily. But they're singing and dancing 8 shows a week, and often times the actors who have dance parts are actually swings or understudies who know multiple roles in the show and have to be ready to perform whatever role is needed that performance at a moments notice. 

• Love 11

Two things:

1) if you talk with any current or past DCC who has cheered with Jenna, you get a picture of just how awful and unpopular she is.  Why she hasn't been kicked off the team previously is anybody's guess.

2)  I seriously doubt any of these girls could get jobs on Broadway -- maybe as ushers.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Two things:

1) if you talk with any current or past DCC who has cheered with Jenna, you get a picture of just how awful and unpopular she is.  Why she hasn't been kicked off the team previously is anybody's guess.

2)  I seriously doubt any of these girls could get jobs on Broadway -- maybe as ushers.

1) Spill the tea, please! We want deets! She's never been my fave. She is a good dancer, but something just rubs me the wrong way about her. Seems very stuck on herself, and she's definitely worn out her welcome to me.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Two things:

Is this from experience or just assumption? Because as much as she may be sketch for breaking the rules, the other girls haven't failed in their support for her on social media. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

This.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

1) Spill the tea, please! We want deets! She's never been my fave. She is a good dancer, but something just rubs me the wrong way about her. Seems very stuck on herself, and she's definitely worn out her welcome to me.

I agree with your feelings towards Jenna, but at the same time she seems to be everybody's bestie and she's been a bridesmaid in multiple weddings. I don't like her and I'm glad she's out of the picture (for now) AND that we got such an amazing triangle... yet i'm not sure she is that awful to her teammates.

The only weddings I remember Jenna being a part are Sydney and Kinzie's. I bet the girls act like they get along 24/7/365, but behind closed doors the gloves come off at times. Remember when Melissa R. said there were mean girls on the team calling her out for not going on the calendar shoot after saying she was leaving the squad and then coming back a few times. Of course she took it back once CMT ask her to be a judge and mentor on the show. Cannot bite the hand that fed you in the first place. I did like Jenna when she first tried out for the team, but I cannot stand her now. Sadly I cannot stand the majority of the girls from the last few years. To me the quality of the team went down after Season 5 and got worse after Season 6 especially Season 8 and 9.

I thought the once the show aired things would not seem quite as off kilter with this season, but I have to say this year is completely unique versus all the years past (I have lurked since MBTV/TWOP season 1).  I agree that this year it is very difficult to connect with the team, which is sad. I really miss the early seasons where you knew enough about Natalie Woods, Christina Murphy, Meredith Oden, etc to root for them. Drama aside, the show is less compelling than it ever has been. I hope the longer season changes that. C'mon CMT, make me love these girls!

• Love 1