Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Rock in the Road

halgia
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Gotta hand it to the show, sometimes they pull out some awesome and the mobile cheese slicer was it.

Agreed, but I'm calling a technical on "A familiar face resurfaces."

• Love 6

Is it just me, or was all the acting not done by Gregory or Simon especially bad?  I mean, Alanna what's her name is heinous at all times, but even Andrew Lincoln and Lenny James sounded stilted to me.  

• Love 11
Just now, Mu Shu said:

Is it just me, or was all the acting not done by Gregory or Simon especially bad?  I mean, Alanna what's her name is heinous at all times, but even Andrew Lincoln and Lenny James sounded stilted to me.  

I don't think the cast give a damn anymore.  They're going through the motions, getting paid and auditioning in hopes of getting a better gig.

• Love 7

Finally, the Tiger makes another appearance.  I hope Carl feeds Negan Junior to the Tiger.  I really really need for Negan and his group to die.

I wish all the episodes included all the characters, and had lots of action.

Rosita and Tara were funny.  "If this thing blows, backing up won't help."  Hee!!!

Rick and Michonne driving the cars, chopping up the walkers was awesome.

Gregory, "Who is going to train the fodder?"  Everyone else, "I will.  We will.  So and so will."  Gregory, "It was a rhetorical question."

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, TigerLynx said:

I hope Carl feeds Negan Junior to the Tiger. 

The only people I enjoyed watching were Gregory and Negan 2.0. The former because he rocks and the latter because I really want to see him die a horrible death.

Oh, I also liked Rosita's, "We both had sex with the same dead guy. Doesn't make us friends."

Giant weed wacking of the undead was truly awesome. I was so bored during this episode I was clipping my cats' nails and that got my attention.

Other than that - no.

The King continues to get sillier, referring to himself in the third person, sitting there on the kiddy stage with the painted castles in the background and his page and court jester at his side.

6 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I don't think the cast give a damn anymore. 

I agree. They're getting just as bored as we are. This thing needs to end. Tonight I couldn't believe I was actually hoping we could get back to Negan.

• Love 11

I'm going to be the first in years to say anything positive about Daryl's hair. It looks natural again. Oh, it looks filthy, because it is, because it's meant to be. But at least now it doesn't look like he's going out of his way to color it black and comb it down over his eyeballs.

• Love 18

I like Ezekiel. Though I could do without the "King" thing and them being at court etc.,  I understand where he's coming from. He's got a great set up with his kingdom. They're thriving, even while having the uncomfortable side deal with Negan. So why mess up what's working?

The retrieval of the explosives and dealing with the walker heard was intense and felt like old school TWD. 

Rosita snapping at Sasha was bitchy and cold, but real IMHO. I can understand why she'd have no love for Sasha considering how Abe broke things off with her then jumped to Sasha's bed who was a Team Family member. 

I'm not sure what FPP is up to, but it'd better be something to help the group. 

The conversation between Aaron and Eric seemed to be dropping an anvil that one will die. I hope it's not Aaron because I really like him. 

The Saviors showing up nearly ruined this episode for me. Thankfully they were only on screen for a couple of minutes. I do have to wonder though why they haven't figured out the Hilltop's involvement in CDB attacking them? 

Speaking of the Hilltop, Gregory is an ass but he's hilarious. 

This was a good premiere, much better than the Fall finale. 

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

I'm going to be the first in years to say anything positive about Daryl's hair.

And he actually had something to say that wasn't incoherent mumbling.

One other thing I liked was Rosita (she's my girl now it seems) saying "That son of a bitch," when they learned Father Pee absconded with all the food and a car. There's everyone else acting as though Pee has always been a tower of strength and a pillar of the community. I'm sure his former parishoners would disagree with that, but they can't because they're all dead.

• Love 15

A real bore until the sequence with the wire slicing through the herd. I also really liked Ezekiel reciting Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech to the little boy. No matter how many times I hear it, it's still such an inspiring speech to listen to.

The Billy Bob Thornton clone with the Chicklet teeth chews as much scenery as Negan.

As for the Kingdom people, I don't know what to make of the guy who kind of looks like the Rent-a-Center Russell Crowe or the "Knight's Tale"-era Heath Ledger dude who's trying to learn Morgan's stick tricks.

• Love 9

I think Heath went the way of the dinosaur.  Got shit canned, and show was too cheap to even pay him to act out his death.  I mean Heath was sort of a cipher of a character, and they have too many people on payroll now.   So they just said you won't be coming back, and we won't even bother to kill you.  But I have been wrong a time or 100.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

Heath probably found Girl Island and stayed there.

Yeah, and maybe the next time we see him, he'll have appointed himself a duke or sultan or the Akond of Swat or something, sitting on his own makeshift throne while women fan him with palm leaves.

14 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

The Billy Bob Thornton clone with the Chicklet teeth chews as much scenery as Negan.

Well, after all - they are all Negan.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

I think Heath went the way of the dinosaur.  Got shit canned, and show was too cheap to even pay him to act out his death.  I mean Heath was sort of a cipher of a character, and they have too many people on payroll now.   So they just said you won't be coming back, and we won't even bother to kill you.  But I have been wrong a time or 100.

Heath is the new Jack Bauer.   Maybe he quit the show.

• Love 3

This season has been rough --- but I'm sticking with it.  I have to see the 'oh shit' look  on Negan and Co. faces when they realize they are legitimately in danger of being wiped out.  Overthrown.  Whatever you want to call it.    I hope they progress and progress quickly in building up numbers and weapons.  I need to see some action!  The mobile clothes lining of all those walkers was awesome. 

• Love 4

Still very thumbs up on the ep, but I am finding it very, very difficult to understand the level of autonomous privacy that Tigertown is permitted. It's not Negan's style.

Speaking of Negan's style, you've got to admit: having him call for a moment of silence is actually pretty damned funny.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, leocadia said:

I don't think Rick saw anyone that he knew, I think he saw a group of people with weapons that can increase their numbers. 

Agreed. I think Rick smiled because the thought i his head was "Here's a whole bunch of people, armed people, who seem to be able to take care of themselves. And they haven't killed us yet, so they can't be all bad; these might be the numbers we need to be able to take on the Saviors."

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

To get Zeke to take him seriously, Rick should have had somebody walk behind banging two coconuts together.

Then presented his argument by saying "Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help, help, we're being repressed!"

• Love 11

Neither Rick nor Michonne even got a grazed by tooth - or hell, even a long jagged fingernail - in all that melee to get in the vehicle after the duo-vehicular zombicide move they pulled, and not even shooting or stabbing one to clear the littlest bit of space.  I know its just fiction, but I still have to call BullSHIT.  The sheer amount of plot!armor that surrounds Rick makes it amazing he can move without the sound of a heavy clank with each step.

Can't even escape Negan voicing a monologue in an episode he isn't physically on screen.  JFC show.  The rage induced.

Carol needs to rejoin the main group STAT!  But at least the 'Caryl' pair will be hanging out again soon (most likely).

AngelaHunter already mentioned it, but I had to mentally giggle at the way Rosita said the "we've sampled the same DNA source from a dead man who had a way with words, but that doesn't make us gal-pals" line to Sasha.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 14

I really liked this episode. I'm surprised to hear some think it was boring, but to each his own.

Methinks the girl that let Tara go was in the car with FPP and led him to her group. But I don't think Girl Island was the group at the end. I told my mom it looked like a bunch of Uma Thurmans from the movie "Monster".

I loved the gang's reaction to the tiger and Jesus' half apology for not mentioning it. Rick actually had me laughing a few times, like when he told Daryl to stare at Ezekiel. I like that Rick.

The only problem I had was the Aaron/Eric conversation. Definitely a set up for a death. I'm thinking Eric will step up, despite what he said, in battle and will be killed for it. Also, I didn't think the search for Daryl in ASZ was long enough, but I appreciate brevity for the sake of the show.

I like Negan's diatribes and his eulogy for Fat Joey had me laughing as well.

And Gregory will forever be a giant jerk.

Edited by SpaghettiTuesdays
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, CletusMusashi said:

Yeah, but it could have just been Jesus. That guy pops up everywhere.

Very true.

Also, I don't pretend to be a better writer than Kirkman, but it wouldn't it have made more sense to have had the leader of the Saviors be 'Jesus'?  Just for the implied symbolism alone??   I don't mean the characters/actors themselves, just the way they're named in the comics & thus the show.

• Love 2

I just looked up the rock in the road story. It's actually a real thing. I liked it better when I thought Rick was just making shit up on the spot. Oh well. At least finally someone in a fantasy or sci fi show finally told a fable that wasn't "the frog and the scorpion."

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

I just looked up the rock in the road story. It's actually a real thing. I liked it better when I thought Rick was just making shit up on the spot. Oh well. At least finally someone in a fantasy or sci fi show finally told a fable that wasn't "the frog and the scorpion."

In this instance, I hope Neegan is the scorpion and SOMEBODY (anyone, Bueller?) is the meercat who bites him to bits.

• Love 4

I'd really like to know how these communities just pop up out of nowhere.  All these 'skilled' trackers roaming the country side and none of them know these people are there? 

It's typical of Rick Grimes' arrogance to dismiss another PEACEFUL option, but couldn't somebody take a second to even consider Morgan's suggestion? Why not just take out Negan?  What could it hurt, if they're planning on starting a war anyway?  And if it does work, think of the lives that would be saved.  It might be that the second Negan's gone, the Saviours would say 'We thought he'd never leave' and suddenly become decent human beings and good neighbours.  But instead, we'll have Rick wandering the countryside trying to convince people to join him because his schemes have been such resounding success in the past.  Has everyone forgotten that Rick's idea to ambush the Saviour's outpost is what got them in the shit to begin with?

We're supposed to believe that the walkers are still a threat but Rick and Michonne both managed to work their way through a large crowd of walkers without a weapon; Michonne didn't even draw her katana.  The 'cut them off at the knees' trick was really showy but why bother?

I have a feeling that meeting of Daryl and Carol is going to be the anticlimax of the century.  Neither Rick or Daryl seemed that interested in where their dear friend had gone.  They seemed quite content with the news that she'd left and quickly moved on to other things. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

Very true.

Also, I don't pretend to be a better writer than Kirkman, but it wouldn't it have made more sense to have had the leader of the Saviors be 'Jesus'?  Just for the implied symbolism alone??   I don't mean the characters/actors themselves, just the way they're named in the comics & thus the show.

You've shown yourself to be a better writer than Kirkman by this comment alone. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

I really liked this episode. I'm surprised to hear some think it was boring, but to each his own.

Methinks the girl that let Tara go was in the car with FPP and led him to her group. But I don't think Girl Island was the group at the end. I told my mom it looked like a bunch of Uma Thurmans from the movie "Monster".

I loved the gang's reaction to the tiger and Jesus' half apology for not mentioning it. Rick actually had me laughing a few times, like when he told Daryl to stare at Ezekiel. I like that Rick.

The only problem I had was the Aaron/Eric conversation. Definitely a set up for a death. I'm thinking Eric will step up, despite what he said, in battle and will be killed for it. Also, I didn't think the search for Daryl in ASZ was long enough, but I appreciate brevity for the sake of the show.

I like Negan's diatribes and his eulogy for Fat Joey had me laughing as well.

And Gregory will forever be a giant jerk.

Agreed on all points! But Gregory made me laugh tonight...he's a dick and barely pretends otherwise.

I loved the reactions to Ezekiel and Shiva.

Yes! Jerry!

Without Fat Joey, Skinny Joey is just Joey. Ok, that made me lol.

The music was wonderful too.

Eric is so dead. As long as Aaron lives, I can deal with it.

Damn Rosita.

I'm really confused by Father Gabriel and totally missed that there was someone in the car? I'll have to rewatch.

I'm surprised that Walton Goggins savior guy didn't mention Eugene.

I really liked this episode, but I need Carol to find out about Abe and Glen soon.

Edited by CrazyDog
  • Love 6