Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Home Is Where The Tart Is

• Start Topic

I remember the massive relief of turning on this season premiere and seeing Kelly's great short 'do. (Sadly, it doesn't last long enough and its growing-out year is rough indeed.)

It was so bizarre that they decided to finally add Walters to the main cast right AFTER the last thing his character did was throw Donna down the stairs.

• Love 3

I remember the massive relief of turning on this season premiere and seeing Kelly's great short 'do. (Sadly, it doesn't last long enough and its growing-out year is rough indeed.)

It was so bizarre that they decided to finally add Walters to the main cast right AFTER the last thing his character did was throw Donna down the stairs.

For real - Kelly has never and will never look better than when she's on her coke binge with Collin. The hair, the eyeliner A++

• Love 2

GINGER!!!  I'm surprised our hosts didn't note that she's, of course, played by Elisa "Amber from 'Clueless'" Donovan.

I also...I dunno if liked is the right word, but I didn't hate/never minded Colin.  I was amused to see Jason Wiles pop up on "Scream" during its first season.

Kelly stepping to Val.  First off, good luck with that, Kel.  Second, I was kinda happy about it because this season is really where the bitchery between them blossoms.  But third, what Val said to her wasn't even that out of line given Kelly's history of stringing along Brandon and Dylan and that being where Kelly left things.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JennB said:

I spent a lot of the late '90s wanting a necklace like the one Donna's wearing in the second-to-last pic.

I had one like that. I think there were matching earrings involved. Probably from Claire's. The store, not Arnold. 

• Love 1

I remember going to school when this aired and everyone was talking about Kelly's new hairdo - we talked about as if she was someone from school: "Did you see Kelly's hair yesterday?" Apparently a very big deal at the time! Also, I can hardly wait till we get to the horrible painting Colin does of Erin. It's sooooo freaking bad, must be one of my fave moments from this season. 

3 hours ago, skippy123 said:

For real - Kelly has never and will never look better than when she's on her coke binge with Collin. The hair, the eyeliner A++

Yes! That was the best she ever looked on the show. But agreed, once it started growing out, she started having dylan kind of sideburns. Should've kept up with the do

4 minutes ago, Bob Lassiter said:

I did NOT remember Jamie Walters making it into the credits.  What the fuck.  This show.

The beginning of the end for the show was probably when Joe E. Tata made the opening credits.

I fully expect to see that Visual Cap when we reach that point.

• Love 4

I can't even imagine how nice it would have been if I had been 20 and my parents left the country forever and gave me the house for my own use, rent free.  And while I get that they didn't want to build new sets, or have to do new location shooting, it still seems kind of ridiculous that eventually the set up at Casa Walsh becomes Steve, Janet and their baby, as though Jim and Cindy wouldn't have just sold the house once Brandon left town.   

• Love 2

I feel like kellys personality changes based on who she is trying to get in the sac. When she was trying to steal dylan from brenda, she pretended she had no interest in going to college just because dylan also didn't even though the next season when she tried getting brandon to fall in love with her, she grew an accent and all of a sudden she's very into getting good grades and going to washington dc because she's always "wanted" to meet the president. I can guarantee that would not have been her story when trying to get with dylan... Then with colin she is a coke head and then with matt she is sweet at pie because that's how he is. Pick a personality and stay with it kelly.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, benteen said:

The beginning of the end for the show was probably when Joe E. Tata made the opening credits.

I thought that was this season, is it not until season 7?

ETA...nope, there's Nat.

And oooh, this season is the credits with Val putting a boss arm around Kelly right before the logo:

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

She was pretty into college once they started, though. A good chunk of Kelly and Dylan's problems in season 4 was that she wanted to do a lot of the typical college stuff while he generally wasn't interested. By the time she got to Brandon, she was already more into being a college student.

Also, I wouldn't call her a coke head at this point in the show or her relationship with Colin, that comes up in a little glorious bit.

with Val putting a boss arm around Kelly right before the logo

You mean Tiffany and Jennie, since I don't think they do the opening credits in character ;)

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1

Doesn't Kelly tell Val that the kid gloves are off? LOL. That's next to Val asking Kelly if she wanted to take their argument outside.

As much as I love Val, Kelly has one of the best zingers this season with her "I dumped him and you were the only thing low enough for him to crawl to." Boom. 

Oh, Ray. I hate that they made him abusive, as I found Ray entertaining at times. I feel like he was one of the only LI of the characters who weren't drinking the cool gang Kool-Aid. Except for Colin. Colin wasn't a huge fan of the group.

Really, who could blame them. These people are all so obnoxious. 

• Love 2

The music cues on this episode reminded a lot of the show "Silk Stalkings."

I must've been fairly checked out by this season. I know I watched it but for some reason the memories of it feel more like they were implanted by HYDRA.

This is going to be the season of the midriff, isn't it?

• Love 1

Different season / episode but I don't buy that Dylan's sister would go from being such a sweet innocent 12 year old to a nasty , lying prostitute within only a couple of years .. I get that they needed that for story line purposes but come on 

I think I dropped out of watching 90210 in realtime somewhere in the  5th season, but I rewatched ALL of 90210 during my law school years (don't judge me! after 12 hours a damn day of dry classes and reading this was the perfect mental bubblegum) so unlike Tara, I do remember this season and actually enjoyed much of it. Gah, I love Coke!Kelly! Starting with Jennie's 'do - very very cute. She should've kept it short.

I think MVP should've gone to Jack's former cellmate. I love how he was all world weary, seen it all prison guy warning Dylan to not get dead (and I like to think he only did that to keep getting his free mystery novels... heh). And ... Dylan? Hire a PI. Hell, hire someone to kill the guy. You're rich, remember? Why the hell are you bugging your friends about this? Ugh. 

Agree that I always thought the casting of Colin was just... bad. I get they wanted someone "hot" for Kelly, but Colin doesn't even look particularly "NY" not to mention "Artiste"-Epic Fail, guys.

Seeing Elisa Donovan as Ginger makes me a little sad because she was deep in the midst of suffering from an eating disorder http://eatingdisorderrecovery.tumblr.com/post/9089183260/elisa-donovan and it's painfully obvious watching her scenes. Glad she recovered and is helping others today but her scenes are hard to watch, poor thing. Shallow comment: Poor thing also had to pretend to lust after Shorty McJorts so yea, my heart goes out to her on many levels...

I loved Steve's passed out pose... he's great whenever he's playing drunken frat jackass.

• Love 5

Ginger and Brandon together is a lot more entertaining than Kelly by far. Too bad they couldn't play around with that idea for a while 

Kelly being Kelly. She's like filled the mom role with Andrea in Yale. David is like the only one who looks legit like a college student and became so judgemental that even Brandon comments on it. 

Part of me was like I wish Donna stole the ring and planted it in Ray's jacket as revenge but it wouldn't have happened. 

Edited by SoupThrower
  • Love 2

Claire's look really improves this season. Donna...not so much.

I always wondered if they hired Jason Wiles since the year before, he played an artist (with long hair!) in a Bon Jovi video. Which also starred Carla Gugino as the video's protagonist, and Keri Russell as her not-so-loyal roommate/best friend.

Edited by AndySmith

Ginger and Brandon together is a lot more entertaining than Kelly by far.

I remember thinking this too when I originally watched this.

I almost burst out laughing with Kelly's baby voice warning that the gloves were coming off with Valerie this year.

• LOL 1

I always wondered if they hired Jason Wiles since the year before, he played an artist (with long hair!) in a Bon Jovi video. Which also starred Carla Gugino as the video's protagonist, and Keri Russell as her not-so-loyal roommate/best friend.

Many thanks, AndySmith, for the video and the eye candy (I'm talking about Jon ... MEOW) but nope, still don't buy Jason Wiles as an artist - he looks ridiculous (is that a wig?!)

Love seeing Keri Russell in the bright satin green bra of 90s betrayal. Good times!

6 hours ago, benteen said:

I almost burst out laughing with Kelly's baby voice warning that the gloves were coming off with Valerie this year

IKR? When were the gloves ON? Kelly was a fucking bitch to Val as soon as she put Val's private business on blast when she showed up at Casa Walsh...Whatever, Kell.

• Love 2
On 2/2/2017 at 0:18 PM, AndySmith said:

She was pretty into college once they started, though. A good chunk of Kelly and Dylan's problems in season 4 was that she wanted to do a lot of the typical college stuff while he generally wasn't interested. By the time she got to Brandon, she was already more into being a college student.

I'd argue that the theory holds, though, because she had a thing for John "Big Man on Campus" Sears right when she started college.  

4 hours ago, Klaw said:

Many thanks, AndySmith, for the video and the eye candy (I'm talking about Jon ... MEOW) but nope, still don't buy Jason Wiles as an artist - he looks ridiculous (is that a wig?!)

I don't think it was a wig, because he had the same ridiculous long hair in Kicking and Screaming, which he probably filmed right before this. Maybe it was the 90210 casting people who made him cut it. If so, bless them. (It probably wasn't, given that they let all the other hair disasters through.) 

I have to agree Kelly always had an issue with Val and was patronizing and cold from the jump. My take was when Brenda, an attractive assertive brunette who she rivaled with left, Kelly thought she'd be the top girl in the gang. Enter Val who is also beautiful and very confident. Kelly was very insecure. It was wrong to do to someone new who had a lot of trauma. 

Also John Sears. Paul Johansson is a good looking man built like a tree; he and Cress Williams are like the only male eye candy from the college era or basically the entire 90210 run. It's a travesty Deshawn was never made a lead because... really Show? He's like way more interesting and charming than the dudes they focused on IMHO. 

• Love 4

I don't know why this has been bothering me since I watched the episode, but - when the real estate agent comes over, she tells Brandon and Val that "the inspector" will be coming over later, and then two minutes later, tells them it's ok to trash the house because it's getting torn down.  If that's the case, then why the hell is an inspector coming over?  Every time I've ever had a house or condo inspection, it's been to check for structural issues, check to make sure the outlets/heater/AC work, see if there's damage, etc.  But if the house is getting torn down, then who cares?

• Love 2
On 2/3/2017 at 4:36 AM, AndySmith said:

Claire's look really improves this season. Donna...not so much.

Ah  man, do I miss Keri Russell's hair.  I definitely don't remember Jason Wiles being in this video at all. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, AllyB said:

Is the 'Nigel Farage looking motherfucker' on the plane not the Halliwell sister's father on Charmed. He looks a lot like him.

James Read played the dad on Charmed and has been in a bunch of other stuff. I doubt that's him in such a small (non-speaking?) part. But in my mind's eye, I think you are right that the guy looks a lot like him! I'll have to try to catch this ep this week - I think it's due up on Pop.

On 2/4/2017 at 11:51 AM, Princess Sparkle said:

I don't know why this has been bothering me since I watched the episode, but - when the real estate agent comes over, she tells Brandon and Val that "the inspector" will be coming over later, and then two minutes later, tells them it's ok to trash the house because it's getting torn down.  If that's the case, then why the hell is an inspector coming over?  Every time I've ever had a house or condo inspection, it's been to check for structural issues, check to make sure the outlets/heater/AC work, see if there's damage, etc.  But if the house is getting torn down, then who cares?

There are inspections prior to demo but usually long after the dwelling is vacant. I believe it is to make sure it's safe to demolish or they have the right procedures in place and what hazard may be there and what to dispose of for environmental purposes. 

• Useful 1

Listening to this one again tonight brought to mind my rebellious bratty youth when I'd make a terrible face and mouth along to what my parents said while their back was turned. Why? Because I'm finding myself doing it again every. single. time Kelly opens her mouth this season. What a pill. 

• Love 2

This is probably unpopular, but I adore Jason Wiles, who played Colin, & I think he was, & still is, smoking hot. He played Bosco in "Third Watch", which is one of my all-time favorite shows, & he was the best part of that, IMHO. Colin was kind of a sucky character, aside from getting Kelly to snort the coke, but I think Jason Wiles is just delicious.

@Petunia13, I must agree with you, Paul Johansson is absolutely beautiful. I saw an interview & he said he dated pre-Richard Gere-era Cindy Crawford for a while, after they ran into each other in an airport. I believe that, he's hot enough to land her in her heyday. 

It's kinda odd that Kelly's side-pieces were hotties, & she spent most of the show pining over average-looking, sanctimonious Brandon & average-looking, emotionally-unavailable (but still whom I'd pick of the 2) Dylan. Again, just my opinion.

• Love 4
On 2/2/2017 at 7:46 AM, skippy123 said:

I hate Kelly, but I have to agree with this.  She is gorgeous when she is an addict.  Everything about her is on point.  Edgier.

• Love 1