Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: Harry's Meat And Gatsby's Fete

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

LVP is so dowdy. With the resources and money at her disposal she could be drop dead gorgeous and fit as a fiddle. 

I may not like LVP's choice of some of the clothing and accessories she wears but I do think she has the right not to make her outward appearance a full time job like say Erika.  LVP works a lot with two shows, three restaurants, her animal causes and her LGBT commitments.  If she feels good about herself why is so many want her to change? 

We have no idea what would look better on LVP, we might have an idea of what we would like to see her wear.  We might have an outfit that favors her more than another but if she took her best look and just kept repeating it wouldn't she then be guilty of being stuck in a rut? I don't think she dresses to look dowdy, my guess is she likes certain colors (usually black on the bottom) and some shade of pink on top.  I don't think of dowdy as plunging necklines, peek-a-boo blouses that show her pink bra, metallic Tom Ford dresses, sky high Louboutins . 

One thing that is a certainty try filming in outdoor lighting, with the results ending up on High Def and just check in slow motion how you look.  I guarantee most people will not be pleasantly surprised. It is harsh at any age and every wrinkle, freckle and appearance of cellulite is exacerbated about ten fold. Add make up so your features don't wash out and it is not always ones best look. Get a bad make up artist for a talking head and these ladies look downright clownish at times.  Get a camera angle, like LVPs that is off, like this season and it looks like she is falling forward.

Eileen when asked about doing love scenes on camera said it best-her energy was focused on not looking awkward.

• Love 14
29 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

He was the resident hottie until Jimmy Smits came along,  then, BAM!  I still swoon over Jimmy Smits!! 

Wonder what she's up to these days~~they were a good TV couple.

Blake Underwood, ahem.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, AndySmith said:
  Hide contents

He was the resident hottie until Jimmy Smits came along

I think they both started on the show at the same time, no?

Smits was original and then they added this hottie:  df3440598f4bd6647bb82ea8df847bd0.jpg

It was definitely a show with a strong, good looking male cast.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I don't think LVP dresses dowdy, but she dresses like she's on Dynasty. She looks like she should be a Collins sister. That is what ages her. 

That's it; LVP sticking to look of Joan's sister, Jackie! The style of clothing and hair are eerily similar! ;-) jackie_collins.jpg

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

I don't think LVP dresses dowdy, but she dresses like she's on Dynasty. She looks like she should be a Collins sister. That is what ages her. 

I think LVP looks a little more like Jacqueline Bisset than either Collins sister:  jb023.jpg

Joan Collins was LVP's age when she was on "Dynasty". 

Vanderpump at the same age as Bisset:  Lisa_Vanderpump_bikini_2.jpg

• Love 11
14 hours ago, Jamie Satyr said:

Most programs are abused as it is, but to ask for benefits that aren't needed when others are struggling to put a roof over my head is just offensive to me! I know I won't be abusing "the system" like most! ;-)

"Like most," is the important modifier here.  It's simply untrue.  I think the poster needs more education on Social Security benefits.  Ask your parents or grandparents who surely are not "abusing the system."  

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, rhys said:

Wait. There wax supposed to be Kobe beef at the BBQ? I thought one couldn't buy Kobe in the US.

Lisar said at Erika's non BBQ BBQ or Kyle's non BBQ that she'd have a real BBQ with Kobe beef. That's why I keep wondering...

• Love 3

Lets get back to the episode talk please, social security/medicare/medicaid/age shaming/Regan have literally nothing to do with this episode at best and at worse are political and against site rules. Thanks.

• Love 5

I think* the love bottle means that it is a way to love the earth. It's probably made with recycled stuff and biodegradable and stuff. A more earthy way to store food stuffs. I think. It would make a good vinaigrette bottle.

Kim seems so wired all the time, it's hard for me know if she is sober or not. She just seems fidgety and flighty always. Eden seems determined to be her sober coach, but Eden sort seems like she needs her own sober coach. Or a nanny to keep her occupied so she doesn't annoy everyone to death.

The good news is, Eden is making Dorit seem really normal and nice. She's managed to come off as very reasonable in comparison to Eden.  

• Love 3
14 hours ago, lololol said:

LVP is DOWDY. Great description of how she looks and how she dresses.

I agree that DOWDY is a great description of LVP's style.  To me it means what you would see your (older) mother or your grandmother wearing.

12 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I may not like LVP's choice of some of the clothing and accessories she wears but I do think she has the right not to make her outward appearance a full time job like say Erika.  LVP works a lot with two shows, three restaurants, her animal causes and her LGBT commitments.  If she feels good about herself why is so many want her to change? 

We have no idea what would look better on LVP, we might have an idea of what we would like to see her wear.  We might have an outfit that favors her more than another but if she took her best look and just kept repeating it wouldn't she then be guilty of being stuck in a rut? I don't think she dresses to look dowdy, my guess is she likes certain colors (usually black on the bottom) and some shade of pink on top.  I don't think of dowdy as plunging necklines, peek-a-boo blouses that show her pink bra, metallic Tom Ford dresses, sky high Louboutins . 

I don't think she dresses to look dowdy either - it just is what happens when she puts on the clothing she chooses.  I do think she's stuck in a rut - and I don't think it's the best rut (look) for her to be stuck in.  (On the other hand -LR's hairdo seems to be stuck in a rut - but I DO think that that's her best look, so why not keep on keeping on :). And while LVP may not make her appearance a full-time job like Erika, she certainly puts enough effort into it that we can comment upon it here.

If she is happy with her look I am happy for her :)  IMO if she went less "big" it would work well for her - tone down the hairdo, the false eyelashes, the poufy dresses, the heels she has trouble walking in . . . just a suggestion.  But I think she has created a "character" for herself at this point, and letting go of any of those things (which she loves anyway!) wouldn't work for her now :)

• Love 2
7 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think* the love bottle means that it is a way to love the earth. It's probably made with recycled stuff and biodegradable and stuff. A more earthy way to store food stuffs. I think. It would make a good vinaigrette bottle.

I think they should keep their flour in the love jar - then maybe they'll know where it is...

• Love 18
56 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

I think they should keep their flour in the love jar - then maybe they'll know where it is...

I wonder why it was kept in the garage. Did that seem odd to anyone else?  I've never heard of storing flour in the garage, but CA doesn't have the humidity and temperature fluctuations of the East Coast, so maybe it's a thing. Or maybe Rinna does not allow gluten in the house and this is the maid/cook/chef's way of getting around it. 

Edited by SweetieDarling
verbs are important
  • Love 6

It's kind of ironic that women on these shows, especially the California franchises get criticized for doing too much and getting caught up in the rage of being a certain size, dressing too young for their age and desperately holding on to youth with all of their surgeries and injections...yet when someone in the circle doesn't look like the rest of them, the comments are made that they should be able to do better because they have the resources to do it. LVP certainly dresses far more mature and retro than the other women, but the other women sometimes dress in the same kind of styles that you see a 19 year old wear to the club. No wrong way to be comfortable in your own skin.  Kind of like how Rinna gets criticized for her haircut...but it works for her and truthfully, I think it suits her features more than long flowy hair.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12

If she is happy with her look I am happy for her :)  IMO if she went less "big" it would work well for her - tone down the hairdo, the false eyelashes, the poufy dresses, the heels she has trouble walking in . . . just a suggestion.  But I think she has created a "character" for herself at this point, and letting go of any of those things (which she loves anyway!) wouldn't work for her now :)

I agree, and think this applies to a lot of the HWs (especially NJ--we're not all like that, I swear! In fact, I'd say they are in the minority, at least from what I see out and about). I kind of like the overdone on Erika though.

I wonder why it was kept in the garage. Did that seem odd to anyone else?  I've never heard of storing flour in the garage, but CA doesn't have the humidity and temperature fluctuations of the East Coast, so maybe it's a thing. Or maybe Rinna does not allow gluten in the house and this is the maid/cook/chef's way of getting around it. 

Maybe they're extreme couponers and have a whole setup out there!

• Love 3
On 2/3/2017 at 4:17 PM, ladle said:

I'm not saying Harry is like a deformed troll or anything, but he's always seemed just average-looking to me.  (Maybe slightly above average for real life, average for Beverly Hills.)  I can never seem to understand why all of the women on the show are swooning over him.  I must be missing something! 

You and me both!

I don't really think he's attractive. I mean I think I get the sharp, unique features but to me they are TOO sharp so he looks odd to me. I've seen how he looked back in his hay day and I've tried to map my brain around it and I do get the rugged sexiness? idea-ish, I guess. But for the life of me it doesn't reach those levels for me organically. Like I can explain to myself the reasons when I look at him but it DOES NOT compute.

Same goes for Mauricio. I think he's ugly as fuck but I understand the DETAILS about his looks that would be considered attractive and hot. But again I have to explain it to myself cause he does absolutely NOTHING for me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

It's kind of ironic that women on these shows, especially the California franchises get criticized for doing too much and getting caught up in the rage of being a certain size, dressing too young for their age and desperately holding on to youth with all of their surgeries and injections...yet when someone in the circle doesn't look like the rest of them, the comments are made that they should be able to do better because they have the resources to do it. LVP certainly dresses far more mature and retro than the other women, but the other women sometimes dress in the same kind of styles that you see a 19 year old wear to the club. No wrong way to be comfortable in your own skin.  Kind of like how Rinna gets criticized for her haircut...but it works for her and truthfully, I think it suits her features more than long flowy hair.

Every season it seems Kyle makes a point of mentioning how BH women spend a lot of time, money and effort to keep the look.  The first season she mentioned she was oversized, meaning not a Size 0 or Size 2.  Even Dorit mentioned her feelings about the BH milieu, LVP shuns the exercise, and the all seem to love the fillers and Botox,  I think Erika was the one who claimed having the money she would never look like an old hag.  We have had two RHs, Yolanda, who gave up cosmetic enhancements (allegedly) of health concerns and LVP has been pretty consistent that she doesn't invest a lot of time in exercise or surgery. 

Rinna her first season wore a lot from her QVC or is it HSN collection.  Now it is the trendy cut out dresses, and quite likely the ugliest tennis shoes" I have ever seen this episode at the BBQ.  She looked like Olive Oyl with those clodhoppers on.  Rinna's haircut is a win for her.  Her lips are another matter.

• Love 4
Just now, Yours Truly said:

You and me both!

I don't really think he's attractive. I mean I think I get the sharp, unique features but to me they are TOO sharp so he looks odd to me. I've seen how he looked back in his hay day and I've tried to map my brain around it and I do get the rugged sexiness? idea-ish, I guess. But for the life of me it doesn't reach those levels for me organically. Like I can explain to myself the reasons when I look at him but it DOES NOT compute.

Same goes for Mauricio. I think he's ugly as fuck but I understand the DETAILS about his looks that would be considered attractive and hot. But again I have to explain it to myself cause he does absolutely NOTHING for me.

I think HH has those sexy features like Brad Pitt in Legends of the fall. The sharp line, full lips and soft eyes. I think he is attractive.

Mauricio is not attractive to me per say. However he is tall, dark and successful. He has that latin charisma and he adores his wife. Plus the first season he was in good shape, now he looks a little softer.  I think those things make him attractive.

Edited by janie2002
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, janie2002 said:

I think HH has though sext features like Brad Pitt in Legends of the fall. Th sharp line , full lips and soft eyes. I think he is attractive.

Mauricio is not attractive to me per say. However he is tall, dark and successful. He has that latin charisma and he adores his wife. Plus the first season he was in good shape, now he looks a little softer.  I think those things make him attractive.

See I'm hispanic and Mauricio seriously falls short to me in that way as well.

I could understand it more if he had that machismo that make guys like Marc Anthony ooze sex appeal but even in that respect I'm just not seeing it. I just saw another pic of HH from Law and order up thread and that pic does him some more justice (no pun intended, lol) but again there's just something that doesn't click. I do agree that the way he comes across on the show does help though cause he seems pretty chill and that always adds to someone's overall appeal.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, princelina said:

So much this!  LVP looks fierce when she is casual.  She takes almost 10 years off of her age when she wears a t-shirt and jeans, with her hair pulled back in a loose updo and little makeup.  But, she obviously feels attractive when she dresses over the top.  I'm sure she's read many of the comments about her look, but she doesn't give a damn.  I know someone called it narcissism.  I call it not giving a fuck.  She dresses how she wants, and if it makes her feel confident, more power to her. 

• Love 18
On 2/5/2017 at 0:41 PM, jackjill89 said:

This is my thing with LVP. She doesn't dress like she's lived during the last 2 decades. If someone told you that they'd awoken her from a cryogenic pod, I think you'd believe them. I also think this is why she looks so good in casual wear because they just don't make casual clothing anymore that looks as much from a particular era as formal clothing.

I know that the Gatsby party was to sell that Malibu monstrosity, but it didn't look like the least bit fun. It seems like if you're trying to sell a house perhaps some of the party space should have been indoors even if the house is unfinished. It would have been really fun if Kyle have gotten some old painted backdrops from a prop house to hang in the house.

14 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

There are recipes for Love Oil on the 'net...AND actually a YouTube instructional video.

7 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

This is my thing with LVP. She doesn't dress like she's lived during the last 2 decades. If someone told you that they'd awoken her from a cryogenic pod, I think you'd believe them. I also think this is why she looks so good in casual wear because they just don't make casual clothing anymore that looks as much from a particular era as formal clothing.

I know that the Gatsby party was to sell that Malibu monstrosity, but it didn't look like the least bit fun. It seems like if you're trying to sell a house perhaps some of the party space should have been indoors even if the house is unfinished. It would have been really fun if Kyle have gotten some old painted backdrops from a prop house to hang in the house.

I believe LVP has different looks between the two shows.  Although I swear it looks Ariana went shopping in LVP's closet for her dress.  Of the group I think LVP looked the best and she has 25 to  30 years on most of them. b00881c3294638f79b2b8a50ec2c727d.jpg

I find a party for 300 guests hard to be an inside party.  It lends to segregating the guests. I think that is why Kyle's White Parties have always been outdoor affairs. 

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe LVP has different looks between the two shows.  Although I swear it looks Ariana went shopping in LVP's closet for her dress.  Of the group I think LVP looked the best and she has 25 to  30 years on most of them. b00881c3294638f79b2b8a50ec2c727d.jpg

I find a party for 300 guests hard to be an inside party.  It lends to segregating the guests. I think that is why Kyle's White Parties have always been outdoor affairs. 

It's not hard for the old girl to look better than these skanks! Katie truly needs to get over herself! Kristen's dressed appropriately; "always ready, willing, and able," but will continue to talk more $#!t about the other girls' businesses; esp. Lala! The hypocrisy's mind-numbing! ;-)

Just now, Kokapetl said:

Harry Hamlin was attractive back in the day, but he currently looks like Fred Willard. He's 65. 

I don't know what's wrong with people today! They drool over something like a David Schwimmer, but pan someone as chiseled as Harry Hamlin! Sure he's aged; who hasn't? It's never meant to last forever!bw0200f.jpg

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Jamie Satyr said:

I don't know what's wrong with people today! They drool over something like a David Schwimmer, but pan someone as chiseled as Harry Hamlin! Sure he's aged; who hasn't? It's never meant to last forever!bw0200f.jpg

Look how young Lisar is! That photo is probably twenty years old. 

Nobody thinks David Schwimmer is attractive. Absolutely nobody. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Look how young Lisar is! That photo is probably twenty years old. 

Nobody thinks David Schwimmer is attractive. Absolutely nobody. 

I never lost any sleep over "Friends," but the guys did alright while starring in that show! Back in my day, the true GODS were so much prettier; JMV & Shawn C. just to mention a couple! 6a010536b86d36970c01bb085396ad970d-580wi shaun-cassidy-377854-3-402.jpg

• Love 4
8 hours ago, CatMomma said:

So much this!  LVP looks fierce when she is casual.  She takes almost 10 years off of her age when she wears a t-shirt and jeans, with her hair pulled back in a loose updo and little makeup.  But, she obviously feels attractive when she dresses over the top.  I'm sure she's read many of the comments about her look, but she doesn't give a damn.  I know someone called it narcissism.  I call it not giving a fuck.  She dresses how she wants, and if it makes her feel confident, more power to her. 

LVP is the EPITOME of a narcissist. She looks RIDICULOUS when she dresses over the top. Her wardrobe choices are a LOL! When she wears high heels, she walks EXACTLY like Mrs. Wiggins with the large butt.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, lololol said:

LVP is the EPITOME of a narcissist. She looks RIDICULOUS when she dresses over the top. Her wardrobe choices are a LOL! When she wears high heels, she walks EXACTLY like Mrs. Wiggins with the large butt.

LOL!!!  So true!!   LOVE the Carol Burnett show!! 

Mrs. Wiggins walks at 4:11.

• Love 1

I want to chime in on the Harry debate. I developed a crush on him when he was Perseus. I was too young to know I had a crush. I just assumed I would one day marry a beautiful man. I applauded People Magazine for naming him sexiest man alive when I was in middle school - I still have the cover in a scrapbook in the addict. Seeing him now with the salt and pepper? Damn he can get it any damn time. 

It has nothing to do with the show. He is the very first man I ever had a crush on and he just looks better with age to me. Damn, Harry. Always fine as hell. I apologize for objectifying Harry Hamlin's hot ass. But not really.

• Love 4

LVP looks her best when she's not trying.  T shirt (or white shirt) with jeans with her hair pulled back. 

I don't totally buy that LVP dresses the way she does because she doesn't care what anyone thinks.  I think she dresses the way she does because she thinks this is the way she looks the best.  Hard to explain.

In any event, a person can dress anyway they like within the law and dress codes, if it applies.  That doesn't mean other people have to 'admire' it.  They can be of any opinion they want.  They can think you look 'dated'.  They can think you look 'dowdy'.  Their breast augmentation...   They can think you look 'ridiculous'.  They can think you can look so much better.   There's nothing wrong with that.  That has to do with 'choices'.

Now, if you're going to go into physical traits that a person has but has no control of, that's a different story.  People don't have control of back fat.  People don't have control of their height.  People have no control of the length of their neck (Meghan).  Do I need to go on?  For me, that's wrong.  Those criticisms really bother me.

• Love 15

I wish that somebody has tossed Eden in the pool.  She's just a more refined version of Brandi sans alcohol.  LVP just reminds me of an overly-groomed show dog whose bark is much worse than her bite. What can she do to Eden anyway?  I was skimming through some of the other posts and the comparison to Jackie Collins was spot-on! LOL! LVP is just one black gel liner away from perfection!

Why did Kim's clothes keep changing from gold to back? She seems like she's doing OK, but her hair and makeup were atrocious.

I think Erika is now my favorite HW. She's exactly the type of character I want and expect to see on a show like this. She's totally pretentious and doesn't care. I was disappointed when I saw the final scene of her on Y&R, which was basically nothing. Maybe that was all the producers could work in without having to introduce a temporary character. I'd totally watch a(nother) *scripted* show that Erika was on.

I don't like Dorit or her smarmy husband.  Her speaking voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I never watched when Camille was a regular, but she's boring.

What did Harry Hamlin do to deserve Lisa R.?  I happen to find him attractive and he seems "deeper" than lipsa. They just seem like such as mismatch as far as intellect (talent) and demeanor go.  Her behavior is borderline embarrassing and if he's a baker and grillmaster, it must be so disappointing to live with a house full of anorexic women.  I guess that maybe opposites do attract. SMH.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, grisgris said:

I wish that somebody has tossed Eden in the pool.  She's just a more refined version of Brandi sans alcohol.  LVP just reminds me of an overly-groomed show dog whose bark is much worse than her bite. What can she do to Eden anyway?  I was skimming through some of the other posts and the comparison to Jackie Collins was spot-on! LOL! LVP is just one black gel liner away from perfection!

Why did Kim's clothes keep changing from gold to back? She seems like she's doing OK, but her hair and makeup were atrocious.

I think Erika is now my favorite HW. She's exactly the type of character I want and expect to see on a show like this. She's totally pretentious and doesn't care. I was disappointed when I saw the final scene of her on Y&R, which was basically nothing. Maybe that was all the producers could work in without having to introduce a temporary character. I'd totally watch a(nother) *scripted* show that Erika was on.

I don't like Dorit or her smarmy husband.  Her speaking voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I never watched when Camille was a regular, but she's boring.

What did Harry Hamlin do to deserve Lisa R.?  I happen to find him attractive and he seems "deeper" than lipsa. They just seem like such as mismatch as far as intellect (talent) and demeanor go.  Her behavior is borderline embarrassing and if he's a baker and grillmaster, it must be so disappointing to live with a house full of anorexic women.  I guess that maybe opposites do attract. SMH.

JMO; Lipsa has the stripper "persona!" IIRC, what caused the breakup of Harry and Nicolette was his obsession with going to the clubs! LR fits the bill for being the perfect wife if bubbleheads "are your thing!" lisa_rinna_1664763.jpg

The more I see Erika and her zero F's attitude all I keep thinking is she gives F's - lots of them.  She seems like the most insecure person in the room.  Always going on about how wonderful she is, needing her ego stroked and telling us how she doesn't give a damn.

• Love 6

Putting all Erika's blushing modesty about her acting abilities at her soap gig aside, I think she's a very skilled actress. IMHO its her daily job in Pasadena and much of what we see on Housewives is also an act. I'm not minding it, in fact I'm warming up to her because its rather amusing and under it all I don't think she has bad intentions. She just acts for a generous expense account and is now having bit of the desired fame she seems to have put on hold for awhile.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AndySmith said:

I see Ericka as being confident, not insecure. But, mileage varies and all that.

I think you can be both--maybe the confident part comes from acknowledging that you're insecure sometimes but then letting that take a backseat to going ahead and doing what you'd like regardless. 

• Love 3
16 hours ago, lololol said:

Not sure you can truly identify someone as being a narcissist, let along the epitome of a narcissist based on the clothes they choose to wear, lol.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Not sure you can truly identify someone as being a narcissist, let along the epitome of a narcissist based on the clothes they choose to wear, lol.

I have to agree.  She makes me nuts sometimes, and I've often wondered if she is a narcissist (I think they all might be), but I have no idea what her choice of attire has to do with such a diagnosis. 

• Love 5

Diagnosing or even assuming anything based on one's clothes is kind of...ugh. I mean, unless you're surmising that someone is, say, a mailman or a clown or a Civil War reenactor upon seeing the person's outfit. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 10
On 1/31/2017 at 7:38 PM, parrotlover said:

Rinna' daughters have annoyed me from the episode a few seasons ago when they went back to her hometown to visit and they made the comment about the "chubs" who lived there. But tonight, the blonde one, (Delilah?),  was on my last nerve with the one word sentence talk: I'm. Walking. In. A. Show. With. Gigi. And that may have been in the preview sorry, but whatever they talked about tonight was said with the same pauses in between each word. What is that about? The sister does it too. Please no more THs for these two for many reasons.

And it takes a lot for me to feel bad for Kim Richards, so thanks a lot show killer Eden for pushing me to that extreme.

Would love to attend that Gatsby party, that spectacular mansion and view, the clothes, and the food. The crab or lobster whatever it was looked amazing. Same for Harry Hamlin's BBQ spread and those homemade blueberry pies.

The location was beautiful.  BUT, here is where I am going to be snarky.  The cast apparently JUST WENT to a Gatsby party at Kris Jenners.  Is there not one original thought in this bunch?  Are there no other themes they can use?  This is lazy planning to me.  A good party planner doesn't rehash what has just been done and I would be embarrassed to use a just used theme for my party.  It isn't like they had to be thrifty and reuse the decorations Kris used.

I will give Harry credit for baking.  But those crusts were purchased (I have used them and I don't take credit for homemade. They are semi homemade) and the fact he didn't slice an air vent into the top of the pie said to me he doesn't bake very often.  I am a bit cranky.  

• Love 4
On 2/1/2017 at 8:28 AM, bichonblitz said:

Well, he did need a rolling pin and flour and didn't we see him kneading some dough so I'm going to assume he is a very talented pie crust maker. The berries are the easy part. Too bad his wife and daughters would never touch a slice of his pies!. 

I am going to take a stab that he bought a bunch of single crust pie crusts in a tin and needed a top crust so he took one out of a tin, rolled it out, and placed it on top of the filling.  Or he was pretending to make them.  Those were bought crusts.  No shame in that game, I don't always make crusts for pies.  But I also don't take credit for said pie crusts.  Its a peeve of mine.  HA!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

The location was beautiful.  BUT, here is where I am going to be snarky.  The cast apparently JUST WENT to a Gatsby party at Kris Jenners.  Is there not one original thought in this bunch?  Are there no other themes they can use?  This is lazy planning to me.  A good party planner doesn't rehash what has just been done and I would be embarrassed to use a just used theme for my party.  It isn't like they had to be thrifty and reuse the decorations Kris used.

I will give Harry credit for baking.  But those crusts were purchased (I have used them and I don't take credit for homemade. They are semi homemade) and the fact he didn't slice an air vent into the top of the pie said to me he doesn't bake very often.  I am a bit cranky.  

Maybe she had her party planned before Kris Jenner's.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Maybe she had her party planned before Kris Jenner's.

Could be.  Either way it shows lack of originality on someone's part.  But I will say something positive.  They get to recycle their outfit rather than wasting money on another.

• Love 1