Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Homecoming

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think Kail loves her boys and makes a genuine effort to give them the kind of life she never, however at the end of the day she's incredibly selfish and won't put their needs before her ego. No matter how much animosity she has towards Javi, being an asshole to him in front of the kids and refusing to let him borrow the car seats for ONE day was ridiculous. Just last week she was in Jo's kitchen saying she hoped Javi would maintain a relationship with Isaac and then the guy asks to drive him to camp and she throws up roadblocks. You can't win with her because it's all about her pathological need for control. Lord help the next guy who gets suckered in.

I know she loves her boys, but a lot of her parenting is a FU to her haters. She wants to appear like that perfect middle-class mom that drives around in BMWs to get Starbucks while her kids are dressed to the nines every day. It's for her image, really.

She's so traumatized about her upbringing that she NEEDS for everyone, including strangers, to immediately look at her and think "um, she looks like she has money and is well educated," instead of "trailer park trash" that people use to say and think about her.

Homegirl is trying really hard (she's a try hard) to show off her wealth and how cool she is. I don't like how people treat people differently because of how poor they are, that's horrible, but I equally hate when people treat people a certain way because they DO have money.

Kailyn is stuck in-between of how people use to see her and how they see her now that she's overkilling us with all the things she has due to MTV money while at the same token not being thankful for MTV and saying it's all because she wrote two books. She's a headache to write about much less be around. How do her minions deal with her?

She needs to stop worrying about her image in regards to money and worry more about her image of how she treats people. Money can come and go but people don't forget when someone was genuinely nice to them or vile. Kudos for Jo and Vee for moving past all the bad things she has said and done, but not too many Jo and Vees in the world will be so forgiving. She's burning a lot of bridges while on top but when the MTV money is gone and she realizes she can't sell two books without her fame, nobody hires her to be a TV host, etc, she's going to regret all the bridges she burned with her inflated ego.

I'm a bad rambler. I'm sorry.

Edited by Calm81
Missed a punctuation mark :-)
  • Love 24
On 1/17/2017 at 8:06 AM, Miss Chevious said:

Chelsea- the only bright spot in this bunch. Happy that she's happy. Too bad the other girls didn't take it slow like she did.

Slow?  I think that when she has her second baby, she'll still be younger than the average age for having first babies in the U.S.

She may be taking it slow compared to Jenelle and Leah and Kail, but that's some pretty light competition.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, lezlers said:

The thing I kept wondering about during her little temper tantrum was "does she call up Germy and let him know every time she goes anywhere with Addie?"  Yeah, I didn't fucking think so you drugged out hick.

He's not the custodial parent, he willingly gave her primary custody and when you do that you can't just up and take your kid somewhere without at least asking the the primary parent first.  Not to defend Leah but she was expecting to pick up Addie that day and instead he texts her and says they're in Ohio instead. 

17 hours ago, CourtneyCourt said:

January 28th. A girl. Finally she got her girl. Ensley Jolie Eason is her name. 

wait, what...??? she's due before Chelsea!?!? wow

10 hours ago, smores said:

When Leah is saying he has Addie in OH, how the fuck far is that really?  Are we talking, he took her an hour away to visit some relatives?  Or, did he just take off and drive like 4 hours away?  In either case, unless they are supposed to get permission, then there isn't a reason he shouldn't be able to do it (and she seems to know where Addie was, so he obviously DID tell her).  Leah is making it sound like Addie is on the other side of the country, but I'm kind of thinking she's really just an hour away.

Again, not to defend Leah but there's a couple things at play here.  Leah is the primary parent, and they don't even seem to have an agreement.  However Jeremy has willingly given her primary custody.  That means that she can do just about whatever she wants and he can not, unless it's agreed upon or during their specified visitation period. And she was expecting to pick up Addie that day and is instead told that she'll be in Ohio (and for how long??).  He didn't even call her to let her know, he text her and then wouldn't pick up the phone to discuss it with her.  Probably cause he knew he was going to get yelled at, with good reason.  And if I were her, the part of "And Addie says she wants to go so she's with her Daddy" would probably tick me off even more.  Addie isn't of the age where she's like "oh yea, a trip to Ohio with my dad would be really fun and cool!" 

Kail switching modes on the car seats totally floored me.  I was thinking how nice they were acting with each other even though it was awkward and then something made her blow up.  Was it that he bought a new truck?? The whole camp thing was confusing too.  She had told Lincoln and Isaac that Javi would be back and then take Lincoln for a week but probably not Isaac.  But then suddenly they have a camp to go to? And Kail wants to ride with... when before she said they would both drive when she wouldn't give up the car seats.....?

I don't know how you would sit down a young kid and tell them there's a chance they may not see their 'dad' much anymore - but the way Kail was saying stuff just didn't seem the right way.  Would it have been bad to agree with Isaac and tell him he can do those things and then sit him down later and have a good long talk with him?

Seeing how happy Cole was about the baby was so nice.  I love that guy!  He was so giddy.  

Janelle.  Barf. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Slow?  I think that when she has her second baby, she'll still be younger than the average age for having first babies in the U.S.

She may be taking it slow compared to Jenelle and Leah and Kail, but that's some pretty light competition.

Exactly. I'm always hearing people talk about how chelsea waited so she really deserves a guy like cole. No, she deserves a guy like cole because that is the type of guy she sought after. That, or she just got really lucky with him. This show has been on forever so it seems like she should be 35 by now, but the girl is only about 24. I'd hardly call that waiting. Sure, next to the other girls she is a snail, but that is def not saying much.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Exactly. I'm always hearing people talk about how chelsea waited so she really deserves a guy like cole. No, she deserves a guy like cole because that is the type of guy she sought after. That, or she just got really lucky with him. This show has been on forever so it seems like she should be 35 by now, but the girl is only about 24. I'd hardly call that waiting. Sure, next to the other girls she is a snail, but that is def not saying much.

Yeah haven't they only known each other for two years? I don't really think meeting, getting engaged, getting married, and having a baby within two years is taking it slow.

Ok google tells me they started dating in August of 2014, they got engaged in November 2015, and they got married this October.  That doesn't seem slow to me!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I agree. Marrying a guy like Cole has nothing to do with waiting or being more deserving than a girl like Leah or Kail. I know really shitty people who managed to land great spouses and I also know wonderful people who got treated horribly. Chelsea met Cole at a gas station, correct? So that's just happenstance that ended up working out. It's not like Chelsea didn't date or was celibate this whole time. It just appears that way because she was smart enough to keep that part of her life off camera. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's not like Chelsea didn't date or was celibate this whole time. It just appears that way because she was smart enough to keep that part of her life off camera. 

I don't think you have to be all that smart to keep the part of your life where you're being not celibate with Adam off camera.

• Love 2

I don't know why someone couldn't have explained to Isaac that Lincoln is going to have his own room at Javi's just like he has as own room at Vee and Jo's house, and that they are welcome to stay at each other's rooms sometimes.  Maybe he would have felt better if he'd been reminded that he has his own room at his dad's place.  They could have even suggested getting some Jurassic Park décor for his room at Jo's. I could see Jo going along with that.  I know it's not a perfect response, but maybe he would have been less sad and confused.

I love that the camera kept zooming in on the "Love is Everything" sign in Kail's house when she was being a bitch about the carseats.

When Leah is waving her arms or using her phone I can't concentrate on anything but her giant, sandpapery, man hands.  Those are some nasty paws.

• Love 23

meh, I won't judge Chelsea for her age. She seems to have always sought after having a family and settling down and there's nothing wrong with that. She's still the only mom who hasn't introduced boyfriend after boyfriend to her child, she may be boring but apart from foolishly hooking up with Adumb she's been a good mom and waited until she found a good match, which she seems to have found in Cole.

• Love 16

I get that Jeremy isn't the custodial parent, but we don't know the full arrangements of their custody agreement.  I know that I've known people whose noncustodial parent had them for the weekend, and they could pretty much take them within a certain radius, say they wanted to go stay at a waterpark hotel an hour or so away, for example.  That's not the type of thing that they'd clear with mom before the visit (I'm saying mom is custodial, just because of the Leah connection).  In my own case, my bio parent only had one day per week visitation, however, we would do day trips and we could easily be in another state, 2 hours away from where we lived, and it wasn't a thing that was cleared ahead of time, we just went.  The only time that sort of thing got mentioned in advance was if it was going to affect pickup or drop off time. 

Since they live so close to OH, it would be fairly easy to go somewhere in OH (to see relatives, to go to a waterpark, or whatever), and not really have it be anything major that would need to be cleared under some agreements.  Other people have much more restrictive ones, so the rules would be totally different.  That's what makes it tricky.  The other thing that complicates it is that since Jeremy isn't on the show, he doesn't have a voice, everything he says/does is filtered through Leah.  I honestly don't trust her to not twist things.  Just in this episode, she's ranting on and on to the camera about how Addie is in OH, but then is flipping out on Jeremy about not knowing where Addie was.  She clearly did, and I can see Jeremy sending a text, it pissing Leah off, and then her flipping out about how she didn't know, etc.  And, I kind of believe Jeremy when he said her phone has been off all day, given that he had to call the producer,  she then immediately refuses to take his next call?  She likes to play games, and it can't be easy to deal with her.  

Whatever the agreement says, it would be best for both parties if they have a very, very explicit agreement, because they clearly don't communicate well together at all.  That way there'd be no misunderstandings about what they CAN do.  

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, Abmis said:

When Leah is waving her arms or using her phone I can't concentrate on anything but her giant, sandpapery, man hands.  Those are some nasty paws.

I know! Also, it looked like she had nail polish on one hand but not on the other.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, snarts said:

Chelsea hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time was so cute.  I agree with whomever said she's likely more anxious this time around because she's older and is aware of potential issues.  I like how she's including Aubree in stuff ensuring that she doesn't feel left out.

I had my first child at 28 and my second at 30. I was TERRIFIED the second time around, because I knew exactly what to expect! The first time, you're kind of in this naive dreamland. You can read books and watch videos and go to classes, but you really have no idea. I totally related to how anxious Chelsea was this time. Plus, even though my kids were a lot closer in age, I had this real fear about being able to love both my kids. My husband was overseas during most of my 2nd pregnancy, and my birth, so my oldest son and I became super close. I think Chelsea may have had similar concerns, given how long she and Aubs were alone. 

18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That's actually not too horrible in the scheme of shitastic baby names. It's not something I'd pick, but I've heard much, much worse. A woman my mother works with named her son Elmo Phoenix. Let that one sink in for a minute. 

I like Ensley. It reminds me a bit of Ainsley, which seemed to be really popular for awhile. It sounds kind of old fashioned and western, to me. I don't like crazy names like Pilot Inspector Lee, but I like something a bit more unique than David or Sarah. Just a personal preference. 

12 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Janelle yelled at her mother to impress UBT. She felt she had let him down because she was not pissed off enough at Nathan. David wants to isolate Jenelle, like all abusers.

THIS is exactly it. He wants it to be "Me and Jenelle against the world". So she will try to pick a fight with anyone and everyone just to make him happy. Jenelle has issues all on her own, but this dude takes it to another level. 

6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

It's cute, but who bought her that? It's a huge stretch for me to believe that either Chelsea or Cole knows anything about them.

The Ramones are kind of trendy these days. And they have/had songs that actually play on the radio. It wouldn't totally shock me. I'm an overgrown punkrocker and all of my younger sisters are pretty normal/trendy/bit hipster. They don't know 90% of the music I listen to, but they know The Ramones. 

I'm hoping like the other poster said that it wasn't a gift from Matt! Or.....I hope he doesn't see it and think he and Aubrey have some sort of bond now. Ew. He's such a creep.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, poopchute said:

Yeah haven't they only known each other for two years? I don't really think meeting, getting engaged, getting married, and having a baby within two years is taking it slow.

Ok google tells me they started dating in August of 2014, they got engaged in November 2015, and they got married this October.  That doesn't seem slow to me!

I don't think it seems slow, but I think it sounds reasonable. I think one year is plenty of time to get to know someone and get engaged. Then an almost year long engagement? I have no problems with that. I don't see any reason to wait longer than that unless you're going to school/establishing a career - which neither of them are during. 

• Love 12
8 hours ago, CofCinci said:

He Tweeter that Leah's next kid would be an "Oreo" back when she was living with TR Dues. image18-e1434209843340.jpg

This is despicable. What a turd.

12 hours ago, lidarose9 said:

Leah is losing it again. She forgot to give proper notice to her landlord, typical airhead move. She was already flipping out about that, so this imagined drama with Jermy was just that one last straw that sent her back to her dealer.

Also, last week's freak-out when she couldn't find her car keys.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gunderda said:

He's not the custodial parent, he willingly gave her primary custody and when you do that you can't just up and take your kid somewhere without at least asking the the primary parent first.  Not to defend Leah but she was expecting to pick up Addie that day and instead he texts her and says they're in Ohio instead. 

Jeremy works full-time and out of town. It only makes sense he was not going to be the primary custodian. I am certain they have joint custody. Leah mentioned this to her mother after the paperwork was signed off.  They share the decision-making responsibilities for, and/or physical control and custody of Addie. I hate to go into all this as we don't know what transpires between Jeremy and Leah as far as Addie's visits are concerned. We do know Jeremy's mom will take physical custody of Addie if he is out of town and from there she will take Addie to see her father. Other than that, we don't know if Leah and Jeremy have on occasion worked out a different schedule or visitation time to appease the other such as Leah allowing Addie to stay at Jeremy's for an extra two days because she has to take Ali out of town to see her doctor.

We don't know if Jeremy did not inform Leah. That is HER talking. I don't take what she says as the truth. Leah is a habitual liar. She lies to cover her ass. We have watched her lie and cover-up. We have heard her lie through those rotten teeth of hers. There is a question as to her sobriety. 

The other thing that complicates it is that since Jeremy isn't on the show, he doesn't have a voice, everything he says/does is filtered through Leah.  I honestly don't trust her to not twist things.  Just in this episode, she's ranting on and on to the camera about how Addie is in OH, but then is flipping out on Jeremy about not knowing where Addie was.  She clearly did, and I can see Jeremy sending a text, it pissing Leah off, and then her flipping out about how she didn't know, etc.  And, I kind of believe Jeremy when he said her phone has been off all day, given that he had to call the producer,  she then immediately refuses to take his next call?  She likes to play games, and it can't be easy to deal with her.  

This^^^ right here pretty much sums up what I just posted above.

Leah loves to play the victim and the martyr. She will always make it seem the fathers of her children are out to get her. They are ready to attack and pounce on her. Hmm...very paranoid if you ask me. When I see paranoid people, they tend to be addicts or alcholics, or both.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I don't think it seems slow, but I think it sounds reasonable. I think one year is plenty of time to get to know someone and get engaged. Then an almost year long engagement? I have no problems with that. I don't see any reason to wait longer than that unless you're going to school/establishing a career - which neither of them are during. 

Yes exactly it's not unreasonable but it isn't really slow, IMO.

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

We don't know if Jeremy did not inform Leah. That is HER talking. I don't take what she says as the truth. Leah is a habitual liar. She lies to cover her ass. We have watched her lie and cover-up. We have heard her lie through those rotten teeth of hers. There is a question as to her sobriety. 

Of course, but were leah any other person I don't think her reaction to a text message like that would be abnormal. 

Generally speaking, a parent who doesn't have primary custody can't change plans like that via a text message and think it's going to be A-OK. 

And let's say they had a normal visitation schedule where Jeremy got Addie every Saturday-Sunday.  He still can't text Leah on Sunday before regular pick up and say "sorry, leaving town with our kid - see you later!" 

I'm not even saying him taking her to Ohio is bad.  I think it would have been fine if he picked her up and said they were going to Ohio and they would be back by pick up time.  It's how he did it that isn't really ok. No matter their situation or who they are.

• Love 1

First of all, a round of applause for Jo! He handled Kail's attempts to throw digs like a total champ. He has matured so much in the past few years. I'm glad he told Kail that he had felt like she was trying to minimize his presence with Isaac in the past.  Notice she didn't offer any apologies for that, though.  I don't think Jo was fishing for an apology, but trying to make Kail realize that she shouldn't be doing that this time around with Javi and Lincoln. It probably didn't get through her thick head but good effort, Jo. 

The car seats...WOW.  A switch totally flipped in her when Javi asked to borrow them. It wasn't an, "ohh, hmm, I don't think so, probably be best if you didn't." It was, "NO! (go to hell, why the F would you ask me that?!)" I found that odd but it's probably indicative of how she and Javi will interact going forward.  Poor kids, she is so cold. 

• Love 15

Gunderda, I agree with your post, I just think Leah lost all credibility when Jeremy finally called back and she refused to get on the phone. That pretty much confirmed Addie wasn't the focal point of the hissy fit, because otherwise why not confirm that your child is okay? Especially after she ranted and raved about needing to know what was going on. 

• Love 12
19 hours ago, leighroda said:

if she didn't want to go that desperately I'm sure Javi's family would have taken the boys... if they wanted to go. Or the car seat thing, yes it was irresponsible of Javi not to think about it, but the person most hurt by Kails power trip was Lincoln and Isaac. 

This sums up a lot of their relationship. Kailyn only does what is in her best interest. She has no empathy for anyone else. Javi just got off a plane from being halfway around the world for 6 months. All he's probably thinking about is seeing his family and kids. She should understand how he could forget about car seats given his situation. Typical Kail. Already trying anything to make him look bad. 

• Love 7
47 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Gunderda, I agree with your post, I just think Leah lost all credibility when Jeremy finally called back and she refused to get on the phone. That pretty much confirmed Addie wasn't the focal point of the hissy fit, because otherwise why not confirm that your child is okay? Especially after she ranted and raved about needing to know what was going on. 

This is always how Leah works.  Credibility is something I rely on in many instances. Leah doesn't have any in my eyes. Her hissy fits are not about what she is ranting about. It is always something else. In this case, she was likely riled up by Jeremy being with Brooke, the break-up with TR Dues, the relocating, and of course, she was tweaking.

The end result is, Leah refused to talk to Jeremy after blasting him and running her mouth about her need to know how the whereabouts of Addie. She sure as hell didn't give a fuck about Addie once that phone was ringing. I bet if Jeremy had texted her he wanted her in his bedroom, she would've flown over there on her broom in a heartbeat.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 12

Leah is spiraling out of control. The fact that everybody on this board seems to unanimously agree that she is on something speaks volumes. It is SO obvious. We've all seen the early seasons, and they weren't like this. Why would she be fine with a failing marriage / divorce and two infants, but so "stressed" now? I think the whole world would root for her if she admitted her addiction and sought help. In fact, she could probably make a lot of money that way, through magazine articles and even being a spokesperson once she got clean!

i just feel so terrible for her kids. Kail and Jenelle are crappy, angry people too, but at least they are intelligent and organized enough that I would feel at least a little comfortable in their presence. Leah isn't smart enough to add drugs to her troubles; regular life is enough of a struggle. It bothers me how she screams at her girls in such a hateful way, about things that are beyond their control. It must be frightening to live in such a dramatic, confrontational, and unpredictable environment. In a few years, the toxicity will be so much worse, when the girls start screaming back, pointing out things she's doing that don't make sense, and talking down to her. Who knows how many more kids will be added to the mix though?

• Love 5

“So, to clarify tonight’s episode about me leaving West Virginia and not informing Leah on my travels..” he captioned a video clip of himself elaborating on the situation. “I texted her at 6:42pm and did not get a text message back until 9:38 pm when I was already in Ohio.” 

The pipeline engineer’s decision to take Adalynn came after Messer’s town of Elkview, West Virginia, suffered a devastating flood. While the 16 & Pregnant alum’s family was fine, Calvert’s family home was severely damaged. The young dad — who had been working in South Dakota — had returned home to help his parents in the wake of the flood.

“We’re supposed to get another flash-flood warning, and she’s in another city and I know nothing!” Messer — who finalized her divorce from Calvert in 2015 — shouted. As it appeared on the show, she had previously asked him for better communication. The TV personality claimed that Calvert “lied his way out” of the conversation about why he was being so difficult to reach while he had their child in another state.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teen-mom-2s-jeremy-calvert-slams-ex-leah-messer-for-faking-scenes-w461477

In the weekend at Cory's special, there was mention by Cory of there being no running water, electricity and other issues due to the flood.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

I think Kail's manipulations really shone through when she was telling Jo that Javi would sometimes talk shit about him and be hot and cold about him. Bitch had no problem filling Javi's head up with Jo hate, but now that she is over Javi, she has to make sure everyone is on her side. 

Javi is a little twat but Kail is the queen of petty. Jo has really matured and I'm sure having a nice and caring partner helped influence that some. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Lol,it totally loOKs like a different person is holding that phone.  Like, a person who once tunneled theirway out of prison with them. 

I'm dead, that's hilarious! Not just any prison tunnel either, we're talking a sediment filled  Shawshank Redemption style tunnel. 

• Love 6

Lord have mercy, one of Jenelle's groupies called me a judgmental bitch on a different forum. I made a comment that Jenelle was irresponsible for bringing more children into the world, to which this person responded that Jenelle has turned her life around and is a role model for teenage mothers. Is there another version of this show that I'm not aware of? Because I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone right now.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Lord have mercy, one of Jenelle's groupies called me a judgmental bitch on a different forum. I made a comment that Jenelle was irresponsible for bringing more children into the world, to which this person responded that Jenelle has turned her life around and is a role model for teenage mothers. Is there another version of this show that I'm not aware of? Because I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone right now.

These people must be from a country where child abuse is acceptable. Geez. What a bunch of maroons (tm Bugs Bunny).

• Love 8

That's why this forum is so amazing, most see through the bullshit and nonsense and call a spade a spade 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, ala Zoolander, when reading idiots defending these "moms."

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, LunaMia said:

That's why this forum is so amazing, most see through the bullshit and nonsense and call a spade a spade 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills, ala Zoolander, when reading idiots defending these "moms."

Some of the idiots possibly don't read the articles on these girls. I have had a few conversations with people who watch this show and they have no clue about what has happened outside of the show. When I tell them the stories, they ask me how I know all of that stuff. I then tell them about this 'board' with some pretty damn funny members who go to the trouble of posting articles and finding out information on these broads. If not for these posters here, I might be in the dark to some extent, but not fully since I have eyes and I can clearly see the shit that happens.

Edited by GreatKazu
double word
  • Love 13
22 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Some of the idiots possibly don't read the articles on these girls. I have had a few conversations with people who watch this show and they have no clue about what has happened outside of the show. When I tell them the stories, they ask me how I know all of that stuff. I then tell them about this 'board' with some pretty damn funny members who go to the trouble of posting articles and finding out information on these broads. If not for these posters here, I might be in the dark to some extent, but not fully since I have eyes and I can clearly see the shit that happens.

That's true. You would think these fans would get a clue from watching the show, but maybe they see themselves in the Moms and don't like the criticism. 

• Love 5
21 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think she meant take it slow as in, Chelsea's one of the only moms in the franchise to not rush into another relationship and pop out another kid (or two or three) within a few short years.   Aubree is what, 7?  Chelsea waited until she was in a stable relationship and getting married before getting pregnant again.  She's in her mid-twenties.  There's absolutely nothing to shame her for with respect to her pregnancy. 

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 18
20 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

It's important to note that people in different areas of the country tend to have children earlier.  Here in California, my not starting to have kids until I was in my mid thirties is expected and normal.  In Tucson, however, where my brother lives I'm considered a spinster (or I was before I had my kids.)  They all start having kids in their very early twenties.   Chelsea has finished her "schooling" and was getting married.  In her area it's probably quite normal to have kids in your early to mid-twenties.   Everything is relative. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

These people must be from a country where child abuse is acceptable. Geez. What a bunch of maroons (tm Bugs Bunny).

39 minutes ago, radishcake said:

Guys let's cool it on calling people idiots. Thanks.

okay but can we please call them "maroons" b/c that is just FRICKIN' HILARIOUS?????????????????

• Love 7
22 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Chelsea didn't take it slow by some of our standards but as @lezlers said, everything is relative. Looking at the statistics 

1. Among teen mothers, one in four have a second child while still in their teens

2. One in five have another child within 24 months of the first 

3. Subsequent pregnancies are higher among girls who have dropped out of school 

4. In South Dakota, the average age for a first-time mother is 24 

5. In South Dakota the median age for first marriage is 25.6

6. Across the USA the average age for first time mothers is 25

If Chelsea was living in my area, there would be some serious eyebrows because the average age for motherhood and marriage is significantly higher. But keeping it in perspective, Chelsea really isn't that unusual for her state.  Her second pregnancy is around the same time that her cohort is beginning to start their own families so she isn't exactly the odd one out. 

She might be younger than the averages or medians but only by 12/18 months. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

It's important to note that people in different areas of the country tend to have children earlier.  Here in California, my not starting to have kids until I was in my mid thirties is expected and normal.  In Tucson, however, where my brother lives I'm considered a spinster (or I was before I had my kids.)  They all start having kids in their very early twenties.   Chelsea has finished her "schooling" and was getting married.  In her area it's probably quite normal to have kids in your early to mid-twenties.   Everything is relative. 

Right. I'm not saying she's too young to have kids. I'm saying i often hear people say that Chelsea really deserves this good relationship because she's waited years and hasn't popped out baby after baby like the others. I agree that she is WAY better than the other girls. But it's not like she was sitting around twiddling her fingers all those years of being single. She was single because she was still having sex with adam so that kept her occupied. If I recall, she also let cole move in pretty quickly into their relationship. My point is, these girls can't ever just date and have things move progressively. They always go from 0 to 100.

Jenelle will never meet a guy like cole because that's not the type of guy she is seeking after. She will continue to date nathans and davids for the rest of her life because she loves the drama of it.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

It's hard to say, but I think even without the outside articles and whatnot, I'd still have the same view of the girls as I do now. I don't need an article to tell me that Jenelle is a selfish, nasty bitch. No, I can just watch her berate the only person who has ever cared for her son full-time, while the poor kid sits in the backseat listening. 

• Love 9

Jenelle will never meet a guy like cole because that's not the type of guy she is seeking after. She will continue to date nathans and davids for the rest of her life because she loves the drama of it.

Considering the kind of person Jenelle is and will probably always be, I would not wish any decent guy on her. If she had a Cole or a Cory I could easily see her treating them like dirt, cheating, manipulating, and using them. Probably all for her sick amusement. I'm pretty convinced that if she wasn't with an abusive loser she'd be one herself. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, lezlers said:

That's true. I'm from Boston yet currently live in Las Vegas and I know girls out here who are late 20s and already on their second divorces. Back home most people don't marry and start having kids until their early to mid 30s. 

I think Chelsea is content to have a family and live a small town life, so for her, marrying and having kids "young" won't lead to regrets and thoughts of "what ifs" later. Whereas someone like Leah probably thinks she could've been Miss Universe if only she hadn't sacrificed her youth for her children. Out of everyone in the TM franchise, Chelsea's the only one whose second pregnancy announcement didn't make me want to hurl.

• Love 11

It's interesting to look back on these 4 moms and the type of lives they grew up with versus the type of lives they are providing for their children.  

Chelsea was really the only one with a "normal" family and one that did not struggle with money. Now, Aubree has the most stable home life of any of the kids on the show.   Chelsea's 16 & Pregnant episode was on the other day and she was a mess, BUT she had smart parents who did their best to help her keep her shit straight. 

Kail grew up with a psycho, lying, manipulative mother and we see traces of that in her as well. Aside from the fact that she has money and her mother didn't, very similar story there.  They use people, and when they have no further use for them, they toss them aside and try to turn others against them. 

Leah's family was an absolute mess from what I remember in her early episodes. No dad to speak of, and I think she and her sisters may have different fathers. (Would have to double check.) Her mom has a few screws loose too.  Now her girls, when they are with her, are growing up in chaos. It's going to take everything Corey has to keep Gracie from repeating the teen mom cycle in that family. You know whose house she'll be at when she invites a boyfriend over in 10 years... I fear for Addie since Jeremy, at this point in time, is not very involved. 

Babs had been abused by boyfriends and/or husbands and Jenelle winds up in the same boat. I think Barb does a great thing taking care of Jace but the woman is a yeller and fighter (not physically, that we know of). Jenelle is so much like Barb, except that Barb cares about someone other than herself. Also, I don't think we've ever heard about Jenelle's dad, and now Jace has no contact with his bio dad. 

• Love 9

Leah's sister on getting pregnant at the grand old age of 20- "At last!"

ETA: Leah, Victoria and whatever their bother's name is have the same father.

Edited by Katt
  • Love 3

I haven't watched the show in a long time but I watched the repeat of this episode last night.  I wish I hadn't. 

When Jenelle and Barbra were fighting in the car, Jenelle said "the only time we fight is because of Jace", so now on top of everything else this kid has to go through he'll now feel like it's his fault every time they fight.  

Jenelle shouldn't be allowed custody of a goldfish. 

• Love 19