Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: Homecoming

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Meh.  I've never seen Kail investigate like the FBI.  I could see Jenelle doing that because we've seen it.  Haven't seen that from Kail.  I don't remember her going postal when the Snap thing came to light, not like Javi did when it was shown she texted someone he doesn't like.  I think one is fueled by jealousy and one isn't.  YMMV of course.  

Just now, GreatKazu said:

Bingo.

I sure as hell wouldn't have expected him to do any phone sharing especially since the Hulk decided to check out of the relationship at least two years prior. What should have happened is, Kail should have told Javi two years prior she was no longer wanting to be in the marriage rather than continue her bullshit.

yup. tbh, I think she woulda if it weren't for the show - like you said, she's image-conscious and I think she feared backlash from viewers. But after the whole miscarriage thing, she figured she had leverage for being able to divorce him without looking like a total selfish bitch (which she knows viewers perceive her as). 

1 minute ago, shelley1005 said:

Meh.  I've never seen Kail investigate like the FBI.  I could see Jenelle doing that because we've seen it.  Haven't seen that from Kail.  I don't remember her going postal when the Snap thing came to light, not like Javi did when it was shown she texted someone he doesn't like.  I think one is fueled by jealousy and one isn't.  YMMV of course.  

oh yes she is, do you remember how mean and angry she was at Vee for being Jo's new girlfriend?? Kail is a very jealous person. 

• Love 5

I don't think she's the type to go around researching and demanding access to her partner's things.  I've never seen that.  That's my take on it.  I see Javi as emotionally abusive and controlling of anyone in his household.  He treats people as property.  

• Love 2

She even got into an altercation with Jo when picking up or dropping off (forget which) Isaac because she saw Vee there and snapped. They had to make an agreement in court that significant others could not be present at the drop-offs/pick-ups. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

She even got into an altercation with Jo when picking up or dropping off (forget which) Isaac because she saw Vee there and snapped. They had to make an agreement in court that significant others could not be present at the drop-offs/pick-ups. 

And boy, wasn't she quick to change that rule when she needed Javi to drop off Isaac. Suddenly the rules she put in place didn't matter.

• Love 15
7 minutes ago, shelley1005 said:

I don't think she's the type to go around researching and demanding access to her partner's things.  I've never seen that.  That's my take on it.  I see Javi as emotionally abusive and controlling of anyone in his household.  He treats people as property.  

no, we haven't seen her do that, specifically, but given how psycho she got over Jo being with Vee (a guy she wasn't even with anymore), it wouldn't surprise me one bit if she started trying to get into her guy's fb, snapchat, phone, emails and whatever else to see what he's up to if she was feeling insecure/jealous. Kail has hit Javi and Jo, both, cheated on Jo while she was still living in his house, etc. and you think she's the type to respect someone's privacy and space? she's capable of violating every other boundary, i don't believe for a minute she's not capable of violating that boundary as well. 

• Love 3

It would surprise me.  I think we've seen a lot of the dark sides of Kail, so I imagine we'd see this too in her relationship.  I don't see it.  I don't buy it.  I've seen it from Javi, not from Kail.  I'm getting off this wheel since opinions are like assholes and that's a good thing or we'd all be full of shit.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, shelley1005 said:

It would surprise me.  I think we've seen a lot of the dark sides of Kail, so I imagine we'd see this too in her relationship.  I don't see it.  I don't buy it.  I've seen it from Javi, not from Kail.  I'm getting off this wheel since opinions are like assholes and that's a good thing or we'd all be full of shit.  

fair enough. I just see very little redeeming qualities in Kail (other than that she's a good Mom, I will give her that, but I'm talking about relationship qualities). Every other cast member, I see their flaws as a partner but I also see at least some redeeming/likable qualities that I could see how they'd be appealing. Not Kail. When it comes to relationships, she has every flaw under the sun. 

• Love 8

I give Javi credit for not getting physical back when Kail was physically abusing him.  I think it's hard to get manhandled like that and just sit there and take it.  She is psychotic and he stayed calm.  I don't like Javi but I will give him credit for staying calm while an abusive lunatic assaulted him.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, HeySandyStrange said:

This is my stance, as well. I don't think someone's partner deserves unlimited access to all social media, phone, or bank accounts, but a trusting relationship is built on not having a problem with your partner being able to see those things without you freaking out.

Right. It's not about sitting down with your partner and handing them a list of your passwords so that they can check up on you. It's about feeling comfortable being able to access those accounts if you need to. We have kids. Shit gets busy. Sometimes I have my husband sign into my Facebook account (which is a professional "certified" account since I am a public figure) or my emails just to check to see if there is anything I need to be paying attention to. And occasionally my husband will ask me to sign into his bank account to take a look at something that doesn't seem right to him. We're married, we're partners. I don't trust him because  I have access to that information-I trust him because we've been together for more than a decade and he's my best friend. We've been through 3 child births, the death of our child, more than two dozen surgeries, the death of his parents, job loss, job gain, depression, happiness, family vacations, and every "Saw" movie that's been produced (because when we start a series, we're committed). Maybe what works for my relationship  doesn't work for yours. But that doesn't make MINE any less valid. 

• Love 12

And if I feel having to share all of info with my partner takes away my autonomy doesn't make it untrue or that my relationship isn't a real one or a doomed one.   I don't think not sharing means you don't have trust.  I think it is the opposite.  People can have different relationships and different ideas of what should and should not be done.  Absolutely.  One thing doesn't absolutely mean something across the board.  I love that I live in a world with differing perspectives....and have enjoyed finding partners in life who enjoying sharing my life in a way that is meaningful to me.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I give Javi credit for not getting physical back when Kail was physically abusing him.  I think it's hard to get manhandled like that and just sit there and take it.  She is psychotic and he stayed calm.  I don't like Javi but I will give him credit for staying calm while an abusive lunatic assaulted him.

Imagine what happened behind closed doors. That shit doesn't stop suddenly and the fact it happened on camera, only means it was happening when the cameras were gone. I sympathize with abuse victims like Javi and Gary who are sometimes not seen as abuse victims because they are males. With all the hoopla about fathers having rights and their need to be seen as equal partners when it comes to raising their kids, it is sad that sometimes they are not seen as being victims of physical abuse because they are seen as being able to defend themselves.  Gary and Javi's reactions towards their partners were likely due to the abuse that had been going on and the continuous verbal smackdowns they received. All they had were their words in order to fight back with.

• Love 7

My brother has been beaten with golf clubs by his basic bitch wife. They were on vacation to my home in Las Vegas. I kicked her out for hitting my brother in front of me and She went door to door asking for beer?!!!! I advised my brother to contact to the local abuse center. He was turned away and mocked. Makes me stabby to see any one attacked and hear that the dept laughs in your face but they would have jailed him had it been the other way around.

Sorry about the rant....Same woman pulled some shit on social media recently. I told this bitch almost 30 years ago to not even think about trying me. So effin stupid!

• Love 7
10 hours ago, imjagain said:

The more I think about poor Isaac,  the more pissed I get.  Kail totally pushed Javi into the replacement daddy  situation.  Yes,  Javi took part,  but as Isaac's mother it's her job to set boundaries and put her child first. The part that pisses me off is not even that she wanted  Isaac to see Javi as a father,  it's that she did it to try and hurt/replace Jo.  She wanted to get back at Jo because Jo had moved on with Vee.  Now this poor kid is confused.  Every time he said "but why?" my heart hurt for the little guy. 

The "Daddy" thing with Javi was a total f--k you to Jo and Javi went along with it because he enjoyed it too. The best part of it all? Jo was mature enough to let it roll off of his back. I don't think Kail and Javi liked that (at least in the beginning) at all.

• Love 9

Does anyone in this franchise know how to properly use a carseat?  Though it did look like Lincoln's was used correctly. But Isaac, Jace and Marissa all would not be protected in a crash because the shoulder harness wasn't on their shoulders.

That's it. For now. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

The "Daddy" thing with Javi was a total f--k you to Jo and Javi went along with it because he enjoyed it too. The best part of it all? Jo was mature enough to let it roll off of his back. I don't think Kail and Javi liked that (at least in the beginning) at all.

I hate that this poor kid is involved, but if I'mbeing completely honest, it's only right that it's now backfiring on Kail. It was a terrible idea from the very start, and it was only for vindictive purposes, as everyone else points out. If Jo had made him call Vee "mom," Kail would have burned their house down. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

I hate that this poor kid is involved, but if I'mbeing completely honest, it's only right that it's now backfiring on Kail. It was a terrible idea from the very start, and it was only for vindictive purposes, as everyone else points out. If Jo had made him call Vee "mom," Kail would have burned their house down. 

Burned their house down and then try to mow them down in her SUV as they try to escape.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Burned their house down and then try to mow them down in her SUV as they try to escape.

While snap chatting her Starbucks at 70 MPH yelling out the window the importance of not wearing sweats in your home on a Sunday in the afternoon. :-)

• Love 12
17 hours ago, AmyFarrahFowler said:

I agree, which is why I think if there is a loving, engaged parent then children should not be calling their step-parents mummy or daddy. If there's a breakup, that adds to the hurt. I fully support strong relationships, especially if the child shares a home with the step-parent, but I wouldn't want my child calling someone else mummy. Jo was extremely gracious about that and we all know Kailyn would have an aneurism if Issac called Vee mom.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Does anyone in this franchise know how to properly use a carseat?  Though it did look like Lincoln's was used correctly. But Isaac, Jace and Marissa all would not be protected in a crash because the shoulder harness wasn't on their shoulders.

That's it. For now. 

What about Addie in Ali's car seat booster? She's not even old enough to use the regular seat belt. But then again, this is Leah we're talking about. The fact she even put Addie in a car seat of any type is amazing.

• Love 3

I've seen a lot of blended family in my time as a social worker and seen many step moms and dads called Mommy or Daddy.  I really think it depends.  

The most success is when there is another mom or dad like name in my experience.  Kind of like Chelsea does with Daddy Cole, etc.  

Of course with Kail it seemed doomed from the beginning because Kail wanted to replace Jo lickety split and never considered what an asshole she was replacing him with.  And it can get even more complicated when you have a child with the step parent.  If you allow or have the child call the step dad (or mom) Dad then it can cause problems with the bio dad and if and when the relationship doesn't last.  HOwever if you don't allow the child to call their step dad Dad then it can make them feel less like a complete member of the blended family.  

Long story short....I think there are a lot of ways to go and it really depends which one is the right or wrong was to go.  

However HUGE PROPS to Jo with how he handled the whole situation.  He could have been an ass like Adam, but instead he just accepted that Isaac has more people that love him when Kail and Javi were together.  He didn't blow his top when he sees scenes of Kail and Javi trashing him as a father figure.  Super duper props for that.  And now that they are divorcing Jo is just being the best Dad he can be to Isaac while he knows he is hurting.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

What about Addie in Ali's car seat booster? She's not even old enough to use the regular seat belt. But then again, this is Leah we're talking about. The fact she even put Addie in a car seat of any type is amazing.

Leah was reported once for not having the kids seated in properly and not using seatbelts.

I was in a relationship with a jealous man like Javi. There was nothing, literally nothing, Kail could have done regarding her phone being password protected that would have appeased Javi. She told her friend that the man from school had texted her to ask if she was going to class. Assuming that is all it was, if she had given Javi the phone and unlocked it for him, his response would have been, "What does he mean 'are you going to class?' Do you regularly tell me you are going to school and then go somewhere else? Is "class" some type of secret word for the place you are going to meet?" etc, ad nauseaum.

Although I do think she was hanging out with men at school, and was probably sleeping with the one that was rumored way back when, even if she wasn't, Javi would have read something into whatever he got access to. He was immature and jealous, and Kail could have taken a lie detector test and he still would not have trusted her to be telling the truth. They are both ridiculous.

At this point, they were married, and had been married for several years. Keeping everything private was just something else for them to fight about, with neither one wanting to give up anything that would look like they were giving up control. I think Javi would have let Kail see all his accounts, because at that time, he wasn't messing around on her. The first we learned about him being with someone else was on his deployment, after Kail had already filed for divorce. Kail commented about that Snapchat photo of them that Javi was allowed to have friends, and he could do whatever he wanted. She was done with the relationship. I agree with whomever it was who posted that Javi thought they were going to pretend to be working on their relationship for the show, so he was surprised by how cold Kail was to him. Javi will do whatever it takes to remain on Teen Mom.

I don't remember the context of the conversation, but Kail was discussing how her birth control pills were making her sick (again don't remember how or the details) and she had to change a few times until she got one that worked well. I wondered if Javi had messed with them. She didn't say anything like that, and if she thought he did, she definitely would say so, but the thought crossed my mind because I dated a man like him in the past. 

If Kail was sleeping with someone from college, I'm sure she would be using condoms. When she got that STI and tried to blame in on Jo, only for both Jo and Jordan to say they didn't have it, she took some negative comments online. She later changed her story to the date rape one, I think. She told several stories, but it seems like Jo went and had his blood tested to prove he didn't have an STI and Kail blamed someone else. She would not risk that again, and make sure she was using condoms if she was cheating on Javi. Whether Javi messed with her BC pills or she just had a bad reaction to them, I think her pregnancy made her decide to work on the marriage with Javi, when she was ready to call it quits. I also believe it was a miscarriage and not an abortion because of the way she explained how it happened. She certainly could have taken the abortion pills and then acted shocked to Javi, but it sounded like the pain of miscarriage to me. Then Javi acted like the little bitch he is, and cemented Kail's plan to divorce.  

• Love 6
On 1/16/2017 at 6:48 PM, Mkay said:

Kail, why in the crap are you taking your vibrator on a vacation that your girl friends and kids are on with you.  My disgust with her and Javi are so high. Ugh

I didn't think much of it, but now that I realized it, the kids would have been in the same room with her, right? Oy.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I didn't think much of it, but now that I realized it, the kids would have been in the same room with her, right? Oy.

Yes. The conversation didn't bother me, but the image that she couldn't go a few days and brought it along on this vacation with the kids. 

• Love 1

I don't remember the context of the conversation, but Kail was discussing how her birth control pills were making her sick (again don't remember how or the details) and she had to change a few times until she got one that worked well. I wondered if Javi had messed with them. She didn't say anything like that, and if she thought he did, she definitely would say so, but the thought crossed my mind because I dated a man like him in the past. 

Kail mentioned in a 2014 interview she was on Mirena. She also mentioned being on Mirena on one of the 2015 reunion shows.

Kail:

“Love Mirena, don't have to remember to take anything!” she tweeted last fall. “#ThxBirthControl How are you preventing an unplanned pregnancy?”

17 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

I've seen a lot of blended family in my time as a social worker and seen many step moms and dads called Mommy or Daddy.  I really think it depends.

I agree. I had both a step-mom AND a step-dad growing up. I called my step-dad "dad". He married my mom when I was 2 and they had a child by the time I was 3. They then went on to have 2 more. Everyone in the house called him "dad", so I just started doing it too. I lived there full time, and I guess it just felt natural. I never called my step-mom "mom". They didn't marry until I was 6 and I only went there on weekends. 

I think Kail might have pushed it a bit, but I also think it would have happened anyway, because of Lincoln. What's Kail going to do? Say, "Let's call daddy-slash-Javi now?" I don't think the name thing is a big deal. Marrying him so quickly and putting these kids through hell when it inevitably didn't work out - that's the big deal. 

• Love 3

I always felt that Kail loves her independence and living alone (with grandparents to help, of course) and hoped Javi would get deployed as soon as he enlisted. I feel like she has waited for this freedom for years, and can't relinquish it now. There are, of course, many other issues, but I think Kail's default happy place is by herself. 

• Love 7

I have no memory of posting that diatribe last night. I was obviously reading here after taking a sleeping pill, which didn't even put me to sleep. At least I wasn't ordering crap on EBay or Amazon like I have in the past. If it was good crap, that would be one thing, but it rarely is.

Several of the girls have taken money from Mirena and the Norplant pharmaceutical companies to state they were on it. Both Maci and Janelle claimed to be on birth control when they got pregnant, with Maci claiming she was on Mirena when she was giving that speech at a college and she was several months pregnant, but didn't think she showed.

Kail specifically said her birth control pills were making her sick, and she had to change a few times until she got one that worked well for her. I think she did go on Mirena after Isaac, removed it when she wanted to get pregnant with Lincoln, and lied about later. During the show where she discussed her miscarriage, she also talked about being on birth control pills, and planning when the next child would be born so that it was during her break from school, only to get pregnant when there was a possibility where she would deliver during finals week. She is the only one I believe found herself accidentally pregnant, because I think she had already decided the marriage was over, but wanted Javi to be the one to leave her, because she wanted to be able to claim she did everything she could, and she wasn't a statistic. Being a "statistic" seems to be one of her fears. Only Javi wasn't about to call it quits if it meant he may not get to be on television any longer.

MTV money and fame may have handicapped Kail, but it is what attracted Javi to Kail, Nathan and UBT to Janelle, and women to Adam. Kail crossed a line in their marriage with physical abuse and Javi crossed the line with emotional abuse. I actually think they had both resorted to being emotionally and mentally abusive to each other, in an effort to make the other one call it quits so that they could be the bigger person in the marriage for purposes of social media and tabloid stories, which is their life blood. They both thrive on attention. They are both ridiculous and childish, and way to old to be acting like they are acting. If Javi wanted a wife who was subservient to him, Kail wasn't it; she was never it. Her fame attracted him and he put up with crap he wouldn't have put up with from another woman, because being on television meant more to him.

They were never compatible. He wanted her fame, and he was a way to an end for her. She wanted Jo out of her life and out of Isaac's life since he was no longer with her. Marrying a man who could be stationed anywhere else, and actually tried to get stationed in Texas where she had family, was a guarantee to her that she would be able to move with Isaac and stick it to Jo. This could have very easily backfired on her, and likely would have had Javi not been stationed in Delaware. The Court actually told her she could not take Isaac until a hearing was held, and she tried to back out of the house purchase she made in Delaware until the owner threatened to sue her.

I saw where Javi is asking people to not rag on Kail because she is the mother of his child and they were in a good place co-parenting. A few months ago, he was going to release a book telling the true story of their marriage and her infidelity. Maybe he couldn't find a buyer, or learned that no one cared about him and trashing Kail was only making him look worse than her. They both trash each other on social media, pretending it has nothing to do with the other one, when it's clear it does. Again, they are immature and ridiculous. I hope his book bombs and Teen Mom cuts him from the show, because like Nathan, Adam and UBT, they are not worth watching and are only relevant because of who they are dating, and he is no longer married to a Teen Mom. Go away, Javi, and take the others with you.

• Love 3

MTV money and fame may have handicapped Kail, but it is what attracted Javi to Kail,

And Kail uses her fame and money to make herself attractive -figuratively and literally - to others. Kail is riding the MTV fame train and using it for all she can get. She likely enjoys being the girl from Teen Mom at her college. It gets her the attention that she needs.

• Love 3