Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Buddha Bentley Birthday

• Start Topic

On December 14, 2016 at 5:33 PM, Lady Grump said:

Yes! Dorit does look like B. Murphy. (Since you have a skill for this, can you figure out who Juliet from Ladies of London looks like? It's driving me nuts!)

Juliet looks like a feral rodent.

Acts like one, too.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Let's face it.  Most of us here questioned what the heck was going on with Yo.  No doubt in my mind that her cast mates were questioning it as well.  LR's mistake was to bring up a specific disease.  She would have had so much more credibility if she just 'questioned' it like so many of us and I have no doubt LVP and Kyle did too. 

I still go back to Adrienne's claim that Lisa stirs the pot and I think (I don't have proof) that LVP encouraged LR to question it on camera and then LVP declares innocence.  I think she did the same thing with Brandi and the tabloid magazines.

Lisa has said that she tells them if they are that concerned or talking about something that much for them to ask/talk about it on camera. Even Rinna and Eileen have said she says this but both Rinna/Eileen said this was not what they were talking about. They stood by their claim that Lisa "manipulated" Rinna into talking about Yolanda/Munchausen on camera. LOL

3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

But Lisa admitted at the reunion that she knew all along that Yolanda was lying and Kyle was telling the truth.  I don't think it's LVP steadfastly supporting Yo out of the goodness of her heart.  She was pissed at Kyle, and wanted to make her squirm.

I think Kyle had no answer for Lisa, because it's difficult to say this:  I choose to be around you, because this is a pattern I've become accustomed to.  You tried to set me up, but your friendship means enough to me to overlook these things.  The good parts of our relationship outweigh the bad.  And frankly, you are a dangerous enemy to have on this reality show we do, so I choose to keep you close so you won't target me. 

Personally, I see a difference in the LVP/Kyle relationship.  I think Kyle is more guarded, and perhaps keeps a bit of herself from Lisa as self-preservation.  You can call it straddling the fence, but maybe she's trying to be peacekeeper.  There's also the chance that she doesn't take a side because she feels Lisa is guilty on certain things, but isn't willing to cross Lisa's hard lines.  You don't last on this show when you do that.  Plus, I think Kyle and LVP have great chemistry - they really spark together - and that's hard to resist, even after legitimately feeling wronged.  I always enjoy their scenes together, unless they're confrontational.

Opinions vary widely on these shows, particularly when it comes to LVP.  But there is no way, IMO, that Kyle was "joking" about taking down Lisa with her.  She was visibly angry.  Kyle also plainly stated in a TH that she believed LVP tried to drag her into the Munchausen mess via Rinna.  I don't recall her exact wording, but the gist was along the lines of - I believe that LVP did it, but I'm going to let it go.  It may have been the time where she stated she knows LVP's ways, she's seen it for years, etc.  I'm loving how Kyle is no longer afraid to facially show how ridiculous she feels LVP can be, and calling out her digs in her THs.

***WireWrap, I sure hope it doesn't feel like I'm coming at you.  We are in agreement in some of the other housewife threads, but really vary regarding LVP.  I hope it doesn't feel personal - it's not intended to be.

Yes, she did say that she knew but I doubt that she knew Yolanda was lying from the start but I do agree she wanted Kyle to squirm a bit.

I think both Kyle and Lisa are guarded with each other now. Kyle really hurt Lisa with the BF comment and I don't think Lisa bought into Kyle not knowing what Adrienne had planned on the second reunion (Neither did/do I).

Kyle was already a part of the Munchausen conversation and had been longer than Lisa was. Rinna went to Kyle first and it was Kyle that brought Lisa into it so what was Kyle afraid of? Neither Lisa or Kyle ever said they believed what Rinna suggested was true, neither of them, so again, what was there for Kyle to be worried about? Lisa asked her, in Daubi, if she really believed what Rinna/Eileen were claiming, that if Lisa was trying to do something nefarious to her, why then did she want to be Lisa's friend? Kyle didn't have an answer. There was never a problem, never a question until Eileen dismantled and then reconstructed what was said/meant by Lisa, Kyle and Rinna during conversations she was never a party to or witnessed first hand. Funny that Rinna started this all, then she drug Kyle into it, who pulled Lisa into it, who ended up getting all the blame once Eileen decided Lisa's apologies for something else weren't good enough for her! LOL

No problem RedheadZombie, we're good!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

But Lisa admitted at the reunion that she knew all along that Yolanda was lying and Kyle was telling the truth.  I don't think it's LVP steadfastly supporting Yo out of the goodness of her heart.  She was pissed at Kyle, and wanted to make her squirm.

I think Kyle had no answer for Lisa, because it's difficult to say this:  I choose to be around you, because this is a pattern I've become accustomed to.  You tried to set me up, but your friendship means enough to me to overlook these things.  The good parts of our relationship outweigh the bad.  And frankly, you are a dangerous enemy to have on this reality show we do, so I choose to keep you close so you won't target me. 

Personally, I see a difference in the LVP/Kyle relationship.  I think Kyle is more guarded, and perhaps keeps a bit of herself from Lisa as self-preservation.  You can call it straddling the fence, but maybe she's trying to be peacekeeper.  There's also the chance that she doesn't take a side because she feels Lisa is guilty on certain things, but isn't willing to cross Lisa's hard lines.  You don't last on this show when you do that.  Plus, I think Kyle and LVP have great chemistry - they really spark together - and that's hard to resist, even after legitimately feeling wronged.  I always enjoy their scenes together, unless they're confrontational.

Opinions vary widely on these shows, particularly when it comes to LVP.  But there is no way, IMO, that Kyle was "joking" about taking down Lisa with her.  She was visibly angry.  Kyle also plainly stated in a TH that she believed LVP tried to drag her into the Munchausen mess via Rinna.  I don't recall her exact wording, but the gist was along the lines of - I believe that LVP did it, but I'm going to let it go.  It may have been the time where she stated she knows LVP's ways, she's seen it for years, etc.  I'm loving how Kyle is no longer afraid to facially show how ridiculous she feels LVP can be, and calling out her digs in her THs.

***WireWrap, I sure hope it doesn't feel like I'm coming at you.  We are in agreement in some of the other housewife threads, but really vary regarding LVP.  I hope it doesn't feel personal - it's not intended to be.

I see the same in the LVP/Kyle relationship.  Kyle made LVP come up to her standards of friendship and they weren't all business based decisions.  It was the reason for the big divide in Paris.  Ken wanted LVP to teach Kyle a lesson.  After Ken and LVP went after Mauricio and his business, the game changed.  LVP was wise enough Season 1 &2 to stay out of the Kyle/Kim fray, it was just too bad she kept poking at Adrienne and Paul, Season 3.  Kyle and Mauricio came out the bigger people because they forgave Lisa and Ken without demanding apology after apology.  Kyle will forever say LVP is a grudge holder.  See how easy that makes things for the friendship?   The biggest growth I saw from LVP over six seasons-is her apologizing to Faye.   

I agree, there is no way Kyle thought it entertaining or appropriate in the least for LVP to even hint at bringing Kyle into the Munchausen mess.  Kyle has been Yolanda's whipping post for four seasons, and really hasn't deserved it.  Kyle stood her ground when Yolanda threatened to blackmail her. 

I do think LVP came back this year from an underdog position, and Lisa Rinna more from a buffoon position.  Yolanda is gone, she was the source of most of the issues.  Eileen and Rinna playing the aging parent dying card is an interesting strategy.  I guess if they are in mourning maybe they should pass up on some of the trips and stay home and grieve and reflect. 

This season I think the person to come out on top, and doesn't need a crown, is Kyle.  Which means she may be on the chopping block next year.

• Love 4

Something about the hairstyles, makeup and fashion in the 1980's made everyone look dowdy. LVP is 3 years older than me, and some of my photos look dowdy even though most people would not be able to guess my age now ( good genes, athletic,  limited sun, minimal makeup). I actually think LVP looks prettier now than back then-except for the sizzled, horrible hair. 

The above photo of Eileen is not flattering! The neck and décolletage don't lie about a woman's age. 

• Love 6
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I was routinely carded until my late 40's.  I got carded yesterday buying wine at Target, and at 51 was thrilled until the cashier told me they card everyone. The fact that I got carded so late in life use to drive my sister nuts, because she is 2 years younger and said no one had carded her past her mid-20's.  We would be at a bar together and I would get carded and she would not. The difference is that she loves the sun and I avoid it at all costs. I also have super oily skin and can still suffer break-outs like a teenager. A dermatologist that I was complaining to years ago said that one day I would be happy to have oily skin because I wouldn't age as fast. He was so right. In the end it is not the wrinkles that have been my downfall, but the fact that eventually, the skin begins to sag. 

Ha, yes! My oily skin terrorized men as a teenager when I would get outbreaks of cystic acne. Today, however, I am 6 months away from 40 and people always assume me to be late 20's. I am not going to lie, it is not something I am complaining about!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa has said that she tells them if they are that concerned or talking about something that much for them to ask/talk about it on camera. Even Rinna and Eileen have said she says this but both Rinna/Eileen said this was not what they were talking about. They stood by their claim that Lisa "manipulated" Rinna into talking about Yolanda/Munchausen on camera. LOL

Yes, she did say that she knew but I doubt that she knew Yolanda was lying from the start but I do agree she wanted Kyle to squirm a bit.

I think both Kyle and Lisa are guarded with each other now. Kyle really hurt Lisa with the BF comment and I don't think Lisa bought into Kyle not knowing what Adrienne had planned on the second reunion (Neither did/do I).

Kyle was already a part of the Munchausen conversation and had been longer than Lisa was. Rinna went to Kyle first and it was Kyle that brought Lisa into it so what was Kyle afraid of? Neither Lisa or Kyle ever said they believed what Rinna suggested was true, neither of them, so again, what was there for Kyle to be worried about? Lisa asked her, in Daubi, if she really believed what Rinna/Eileen were claiming, that if Lisa was trying to do something nefarious to her, why then did she want to be Lisa's friend? Kyle didn't have an answer. There was never a problem, never a question until Eileen dismantled and then reconstructed what was said/meant by Lisa, Kyle and Rinna during conversations she was never a party to or witnessed first hand. Funny that Rinna started this all, then she drug Kyle into it, who pulled Lisa into it, who ended up getting all the blame once Eileen decided Lisa's apologies for something else weren't good enough for her! LOL

No problem RedheadZombie, we're good!

There were so many off camera conversations that went on last season that it was hard for most of us to make sense of who said what, and when they said it.  At the end of the day it is all semantics. All of these gals believe that LVP tries to get stuff on camera in a sneaky or manipulative way. Either by keeping her hands clean, or by pretending confusion or innocent motives.  Kyle was frustrated with her early in the season for bringing up Kim. We all know of Kim's issues and how they impact Kyle, so it's not a surprise, but we also know that Kyle is very careful of how and when she talks about this. She is always walking a very fine line. Certainly LVP knows this as well as anyone, so Kyle was frustrated by her throwing Kim's name around in ways that Kyle didn't approve of. We all knew about Eileen's affair, and we also know from her comments at the reunion the year before that she didn't like talking about the "affair". She said it had caused her son and Vince's son pain to hear it discussed on camera. She would prefer to talk about their relationship as it is now, and not focus on what came before. Unless LVP is just dumb, she would understand this, yet she still had questions about it. Eileen didn't believe her motives to be pure. 

They all know that LVP hates Yo (and for good reason as far as I am concerned) and they all believe that she wanted to make Yo look bad. Folks had been questioning Yo's illness for years on forums and all over the Internet, but it had never been talked about on the show. They all believe that LVP wanted for that topic to make an appearance on th show, and certainly she helped this along by saying that Mo didn't believe Yo was really sick (or that the kids were sick). They could all be wrong, but this is what they believe, probably based on LVP's prior behavior. Once you have shown someone who you are and all of that. I think Kyle completely got it. She did believe that LVP would bring her in, but she also understood how hurt LVP was by Yo and she got what she was doing. Kyle didn't think that LVP was trying to hurt her, just do what she could to expose Yo and at the end of the day Kyle could live with that. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I believe that Kyle and Lisa do love each other but I also believe that Kyle dislikes defending Lisa if it means she has to tick someone else off when she does it. She will instead try straddling the fence so she doesn't offend/hurt/tick off either side and that isn't always the right approach but it is Kyle's go to. Lisa, on the other hand, draws lines in the sand and expects her close friends to stick to her side, not straddle the line or cross over.

See, I see it more as Kyle knowing her friend is in the wrong sometimes, and is not willing to go to bat for her when she really disagrees with some of Lisa's behavior. What some see as Kyle straddling the fence, I see as Kyle trying to stay out of it, because she knows Lisa is shitty sometimes, but it's not something she wants to lose the friendship over.

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

There were so many off camera conversations that went on last season that it was hard for most of us to make sense of who said what, and when they said it.  At the end of the day it is all semantics. All of these gals believe that LVP tries to get stuff on camera in a sneaky or manipulative way. Either by keeping her hands clean, or by pretending confusion or innocent motives.  Kyle was frustrated with her early in the season for bringing up Kim. We all know of Kim's issues and how they impact Kyle, so it's not a surprise, but we also know that Kyle is very careful of how and when she talks about this. She is always walking a very fine line. Certainly LVP knows this as well as anyone, so Kyle was frustrated by her throwing Kim's name around in ways that Kyle didn't approve of. We all knew about Eileen's affair, and we also know from her comments at the reunion the year before that she didn't like talking about the "affair". She said it had caused her son and Vince's son pain to hear it discussed on camera. She would prefer to talk about their relationship as it is now, and not focus on what came before. Unless LVP is just dumb, she would understand this, yet she still had questions about it. Eileen didn't believe her motives to be pure. 

They all know that LVP hates Yo (and for good reason as far as I am concerned) and they all believe that she wanted to make Yo look bad. Folks had been questioning Yo's illness for years on forums and all over the Internet, but it had never been talked about on the show. They all believe that LVP wanted for that topic to make an appearance on th show, and certainly she helped this along by saying that Mo didn't believe Yo was really sick (or that the kids were sick). They could all be wrong, but this is what they believe, probably based on LVP's prior behavior. Once you have shown someone who you are and all of that. I think Kyle completely got it. She did believe that LVP would bring her in, but she also understood how hurt LVP was by Yo and she got what she was doing. Kyle didn't think that LVP was trying to hurt her, just do what she could to expose Yo and at the end of the day Kyle could live with that. 

Lisa didn't throw Kim's name around last season. She spoke to Kyle about her twice, with 1 of those times being on the phone, the second in Connecticut and when Kyle asked them all to stop talking about her, Lisa stopped. It was Rinna that would not stop talking about Kim and Eileen backed Rinna up when Kathryn tried to defend Kim at her SD home.

Eileen opened the door to questions about her/Vinny's affair when she interjected herself into a conversation about affairs/cheating/divorce that did not involve her at all. On top of that she then informed Lisa that this was her 3rd marriage, just like the couple that Lisa/Rinna were speaking about (that Eileen does not know). It was Eileen that turned that whole conversation from being about strangers to being about her/Vinny. Lisa's mistakes were that she thought Eileen would be fine with further questions/talk about it and using the dreaded but correct/appropriate term "affair".

As for Yolanda, they all knew that Yolanda didn't like Lisa and Lisa had not done/said anything to hurt Yolanda even though Yolanda had already gone after Lisa in Paris. In fact, as others here have pointed out, she defended Yolanda over Kyle in Paris. Lisa did not start the munchausen conversation, Rinna did that and she started it with Kyle, not with Lisa. Maybe Kyle wanted it exposed as payback for Yolanda helping Brandi use Kim against her, against her own flesh and blood sister and Kyle tried to bring Lisa in on it to assist her. There are all sorts of possibilities here and just as many that involve Kyle as a/the ringleader as there are for Lisa.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, Feline Goddess said:

I love rose gold, so I really liked Dorit's Bentley. If it's a custom color as PK claimed, I doubt it's leased. 

Rose Gold is a color in the Bentley palette, so it isn't custom custom, but was probably a special request that cost extra.  It could still be a lease.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am guessing that there is some sort of production schedule and prior to meeting up, especially if they haven't seen each other between season, there must be some off camera talk.  Not everyone's life makes the tabloids, last year Kyle's family was all over the tabloids, between her niece's marriage-which was a beautiful wedding, and Kim's arrests and of course Brooke's second wedding in Mexico.  The same can't be said for all the RHs, so I would think there would be some chit chat-if nothing more as to time and place and what they are going to do and what has been going on.

Yolanda, all by her little self, kept her sick butt all over social media and made one contradictory claim after another which was addressed directly by LVP and Kyle.  I still believe because Rinna is years behind on the salary food chain, she was really angry over Yolanda getting to work "whenever".  I also think Yolanda used her model children as a carrot to Bravo to get them to agree to her terms and we essentially saw Gigi once meet Erika and the kids at the Lyme Gala.  From her initial walk in with her first good friend in tow-at Rinna's birthday party-Yolanda was really courting a smack down.  I also think the others were angry that Yolanda sicked out early in the previous year's Reunion but not before getting her licks in or sticking around to see Brandi make an ass out of herself.  

Yolanda always treats Kyle like shit she stepped on that she can't get off the bottom of her shoe.  Do not miss Yolanda at all. 

• Love 12

Gawd, when the dancers finished their audition, that uproarious laugh that Erika emitted (I was kinda puzzled over what) sounded like a 60-year-old chain smoker.  Clearly, some things that betray one as an aging matron can't be camouflaged with sexy clothes, hair extensions, botox and fillers.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

Yolanda always treats Kyle like shit she stepped on that she can't get off the bottom of her shoe.  Do not miss Yolanda at all. 

I'm always surprised that this isn't made a better deal of because Yo made it pretty obvious she wasn't a nice woman.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I'm always surprised that this isn't made a better deal of because Yo made it pretty obvious she wasn't a nice woman.

They didn't because it would be seen/portrayed as attacking an ill woman. Yolanda has been using the illness excuse since her second season.

• Love 13
On 12/14/2016 at 0:26 PM, ivygirl said:

The other day, I was watching a BBC retrospective of Top of the Pops, and to introduce ABC they actually showed LVP's face (from the "Poison Arrow" video) before they showed the band...

Wait - she was in ABC's Poison Arrow video? Funny she's never mentioned it before...

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa didn't throw Kim's name around last season. She spoke to Kyle about her twice, with 1 of those times being on the phone, the second in Connecticut and when Kyle asked them all to stop talking about her, Lisa stopped. It was Rinna that would not stop talking about Kim and Eileen backed Rinna up when Kathryn tried to defend Kim at her SD home.

Eileen opened the door to questions about her/Vinny's affair when she interjected herself into a conversation about affairs/cheating/divorce that did not involve her at all. On top of that she then informed Lisa that this was her 3rd marriage, just like the couple that Lisa/Rinna were speaking about (that Eileen does not know). It was Eileen that turned that whole conversation from being about strangers to being about her/Vinny. Lisa's mistakes were that she thought Eileen would be fine with further questions/talk about it and using the dreaded but correct/appropriate term "affair".

As for Yolanda, they all knew that Yolanda didn't like Lisa and Lisa had not done/said anything to hurt Yolanda even though Yolanda had already gone after Lisa in Paris. In fact, as others here have pointed out, she defended Yolanda over Kyle in Paris. Lisa did not start the munchausen conversation, Rinna did that and she started it with Kyle, not with Lisa. Maybe Kyle wanted it exposed as payback for Yolanda helping Brandi use Kim against her, against her own flesh and blood sister and Kyle tried to bring Lisa in on it to assist her. There are all sorts of possibilities here and just as many that involve Kyle as a/the ringleader as there are for Lisa.

You forgot the really big time she talked about Kim. It was when they were on vacation and at dinner. Kyle's girls where there. LVP wouldn't leave the topic of Kim alone and Kyle was uncomfortable. Kyle's girls were uncomfortable. One of them asked if they could change the subject. I might be remembering incorrectly, but I don't think that Kyle usually discusses Kim on camera in front of her kids. She was frustrated with LVP. You are right about Lisar. She was the real culprit, but LVP frustrated Kyle first. Remember when Kyle made that cryptic comment, something like "how would you like for people to constantly bring up things you don't want to talk about"? I will say that LVP stopped when Kyle asked her to. She got it and she stopped. This is where I have seen growth in LVP. She realized that Kyle was upset and I don't think she she wants to upset Kyle. I think she really cares about Kyle and doesn't want to see her upset. That has not always been the case, but I think it is the case now. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

You forgot the really big time she talked about Kim. It was when they were on vacation and at dinner. Kyle's girls where there. LVP wouldn't leave the topic of Kim alone and Kyle was uncomfortable. Kyle's girls were uncomfortable. One of them asked if they could change the subject. I might be remembering incorrectly, but I don't think that Kyle usually discusses Kim on camera in front of her kids. She was frustrated with LVP. You are right about Lisar. She was the real culprit, but LVP frustrated Kyle first. Remember when Kyle made that cryptic comment, something like "how would you like for people to constantly bring up things you don't want to talk about"? I will say that LVP stopped when Kyle asked her to. She got it and she stopped. This is where I have seen growth in LVP. She realized that Kyle was upset and I don't think she she wants to upset Kyle. I think she really cares about Kyle and doesn't want to see her upset. That has not always been the case, but I think it is the case now. 

Do you mean the convo in Italy? I could have sworn that was about Nikki's wedding not Kim.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

They were in Italy and the conversation was not about Kim, it  was about Mauricio being excluded from Nikki's wedding. There was no talk about Kim at all and Kyle was the one that started the conversation about the wedding and even though Kyle asked them to stop discussing it, Mauricio kept talking about it the longest, not Lisa or Ken.

I think you are confusing the conversation in the Hamptons (early in the season) and the Italy family trip conversation (mid season). Lisa did not talk about Kim after the Hamptons trip again per Kyle's request.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

Wait - she was in ABC's Poison Arrow video? Funny she's never mentioned it before...

Yes indeedy! The person who posted the Top of the Pops retrospective even used LVP's image as the thumbnail! 

I totally remember that video but wouldn't have remembered it was her...

• Love 2
10 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

All of these gals believe that LVP tries to get stuff on camera in a sneaky or manipulative way. Either by keeping her hands clean, or by pretending confusion or innocent motives.  

No matter how nice or innocent LVP is seeming to me at any given time, the minute she goes all blank-faced/blinky-eyed, she is BUSTED and I know she was up to no good!  That is her "tell", as they say in poker circles :)

• Love 9

I wish the end of last season had not been so divisive as it is far nicer to see a few of them over lunch chatting up what is going on in their lives, and the lives of their family than this season's defensive battles.  I would have loved to have heard about Rinna's defunct, not picked up talk show on NBC.  Could it be she muddied the waters with her assholish behavior last season?  Hope so.  It sounded very odd for Rinna to claim her hands are full tackling the task of raising her two teenage daughters.  One is an adult, and the other is 15 years old-did it just dawn on her she had teenagers?   At the end of last season Rinna was riding high thinking she had accomplished something by repeatedly yelling and insulting LVP.  I guess reality has a strange way of bringing the delusional back to earth.

Another thing, from time to time I read Vince Van Patten's twitter.  He was complaining about jet lag after returning home from China and having to put up with ED and my pillow.  Then it occurred to me the next line was ads.  So he wasn't complaining about Eileen Davidson but Erectile Dysfunction and My Pillow ads.    

• Love 8
14 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I see the same in the LVP/Kyle relationship.  Kyle made LVP come up to her standards of friendship and they weren't all business based decisions.  It was the reason for the big divide in Paris.  Ken wanted LVP to teach Kyle a lesson.  After Ken and LVP went after Mauricio and his business, the game changed.  LVP was wise enough Season 1 &2 to stay out of the Kyle/Kim fray, it was just too bad she kept poking at Adrienne and Paul, Season 3.  Kyle and Mauricio came out the bigger people because they forgave Lisa and Ken without demanding apology after apology.  Kyle will forever say LVP is a grudge holder.  See how easy that makes things for the friendship?   The biggest growth I saw from LVP over six seasons-is her apologizing to Faye.   

I agree, there is no way Kyle thought it entertaining or appropriate in the least for LVP to even hint at bringing Kyle into the Munchausen mess.  Kyle has been Yolanda's whipping post for four seasons, and really hasn't deserved it.  Kyle stood her ground when Yolanda threatened to blackmail her. 

I do think LVP came back this year from an underdog position, and Lisa Rinna more from a buffoon position.  Yolanda is gone, she was the source of most of the issues.  Eileen and Rinna playing the aging parent dying card is an interesting strategy.  I guess if they are in mourning maybe they should pass up on some of the trips and stay home and grieve and reflect. 

This season I think the person to come out on top, and doesn't need a crown, is Kyle.  Which means she may be on the chopping block next year.

I agree with everything except I'm not at a point to say that Lisa and Eileen are 'playing' the aging dying parent card.  It's only episode two and I do think it needed to be addressed.  I also think that the death of a parent can affect you in profound ways.  And yeah, LR seemed to make excuses about not seeing her parents more often.  Shame on her.  She also let most of their care up to her step sister.  Shame on her for that as well.  I do wish that she does address this and have some regrets.  Will she?  I doubt it.

Eileen also lost a brother during the off season.  Add that to the loss of her sister.  Not easy.

13 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Something about the hairstyles, makeup and fashion in the 1980's made everyone look dowdy. LVP is 3 years older than me, and some of my photos look dowdy even though most people would not be able to guess my age now ( good genes, athletic,  limited sun, minimal makeup). I actually think LVP looks prettier now than back then-except for the sizzled, horrible hair. 

The above photo of Eileen is not flattering! The neck and décolletage don't lie about a woman's age. 

I don't think Eileen's neck looks bad at all for a woman of her age.   She looks great.  As I've stated before, the girl is batting it out of the park.

I don't think women in the eighties looked dowdy.  They just were overdone in many cases.  I also think that LVP looked much better...more natural...when she was younger.  Too many of these housewives have receding eyes because of too much botox....and too much false eyelashes and eye makeup.

3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I'm not sure about this.  I do think the playing field has been leveled between Kyle and Lisa.  Mauricio is making a ton of money - more than Lisa and Ken IMO.  That's what Lisa is 'getting'.  It's not just about the show.  It's about respect in the community.  Mauricio has earned it.  Kyle is doing quite well on her own.  They've become bigger players off screen than Lisa and Ken....just MHO.  It's interesting that Lisa was upset with Kyle about her TH's on the first episode.  We'll see where that goes. 

Lisa (and her new tagline) thinks she is the queen.  I think the crown has become more and more tarnished.  Lisa may have VR but Kyle and Mauricio are hobnobbing more with the rich and 'important' people because of Mauricio's job.  VR is about a bunch of wanta be's.  I'd rather hang out with Kyle and Mauricio.  And all the dogs....I'll take Bambi, the potato stealer, over Lisa's dogs, ponies, etc.  :)

• Love 10

I'd forgotten just how creepy Eileen revealed herself to be last seasons but her confessional about erroneously interpreting Lisa's condolences refreshed my memory. Lisa is "finally apologizing" for her remarks almost one year prior? How appopriate a reaction to be flabbergasted because I recall a minimum of five mea culpas in that entire imbroglio as well as repeated assurances from Eileen that she was "good" and would refrain from bringing up the subject again. I also seem to recall, uh, logic so bizarre that it suggested some sort of mental illness/personality disorder (at least to me) about how Lisa had jeopardized Jesse's well being by obliquely referring to the well documented origins of his parents' marriage (funny, since there would have been no child imperiled had Eileen just rolled with the "I was referring to your love affair" out) in addition to an even weirder detour into how Lisa was somehow callous to Eileen's responsibilities as a mother because she hadn't gleaned by telepathy that Eileen was spending the day with her son when she blew off one of Lisa's Yulin events. 

The casting in this installment of the franchise gets worse and worse every year. Dorit seems like a twit but she's one of the few Wives I've seen respond with notable effervescence and effusiveness to her husband's material gestures of love - I'll take that any day over Yolanda, Shannon Beador, or Heather Dubrow's disquisitions about how neglected they feel. 

And, boy, am I glad that Mrs. Kemsley isnt quite sufficiently obnoxious to make me like Erika for their imminent feud. 'Cause EJ is still the same uncouth, not-as-bright-as-she-thinks-she-is latter day Norma Desmond she established herself to be. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 21
7 hours ago, lunastartron said:

I'd forgotten just how creepy Eileen revealed herself to be last seasons but her confessional about erroneously interpreting Lisa's condolences refreshed my memory. Lisa is "finally apologizing" for her remarks almost one year prior? How appopriate a reaction to be flabbergasted because I recall a minimum of five mea culpas in that entire imbroglio as well as repeated assurances from Eileen that she was "good" and would refrain from bringing up the subject again. I also seem to recall, uh, logic so bizarre that it suggested some sort of mental illness/personality disorder (at least to me) about how Lisa had jeopardized Jesse's well being by obliquely referring to the well documented origins of his parents' marriage (funny, since there would have been no child imperiled had Eileen just rolled with the "I was referring to your love affair" out) in addition to an even weirder detour into how Lisa was somehow callous to Eileen's responsibilities as a mother because she hadn't gleaned by telepathy that Eileen was spending the day with her son when she blew off one of Lisa's Yulin events. 

The casting in this installment of the franchise gets worse and worse every year. Dorit seems like a twit but she's one of the few Wives I've seen respond with notable effervescence and effusiveness to her husband's material gestures of love - I'll take that any day over Yolanda, Shannon Beador, or Heather Dubrow's disquisitions about how neglected they feel. 

And, boy, am I glad that Mrs. Kemsley isnt quite sufficiently obnoxious to make me like Erika for their imminent feud. 'Cause EJ is still the same uncouth, not-as-bright-as-she-thinks-she-is latter day Norma Desmond she established herself to be. 

I always thought if Eileen is so upset about the mention of the word affair, she would not keep bringing it up the conversation and the need for another apology.  In the context of the conversation it could have easily been forgotten.  It reminds me of Kelly Dodd of the OC, who would screw up, apologize and then all of a sudden say she didn't mean the apology because subsequent events exonerated her behavior.  So for some reason, Eileen unsatisfied with LVP's apology, despite accepting them repeatedly, decided to bury her and then continue to ask for apology after apology.  Regarding Yulin, wasn't it either Yolanda or Eileen who claimed LVP put animal charity before human?  Interesting we have never seen Eileen spearhead a charity event on the show.

In my world, there are things I dislike about friends and relatives, and unless it really has an adverse effect on me personally, I chose not to bring it up.  Tardiness is a big thing with me, and I have chosen to those who are multiple offenders, to text once for an ETA, (past the agreed upon time) and go ahead with dinner at ETA, whether the offender arrives or not.  Eileen was pretty famous for saying, "I don't think I am reinventing the wheel by calling you manipulative."  Her example was weak and LVP's response was strong.  It was a deflection to point out Rinna said, "I love you Kim," it was the reality of how truly fake Rinna is, not how manipulative LVP is/was.

I believe Dorit is going to have to overcome her accent borrowing affliction.  Why that bothers someone to a degree to totally disregard her will be an interesting twist this year. 

• Love 8

Absolutely.  I find the whole thing hilarious, though - the fact that it's portrayed as if she's in high demand, the groupies, the "pat the puss" guy who coaches her makeup artists while applying her lipliner.  I like Erika, but the comedic value of Erika Jane (and her following) is the only thing I truly appreciate.

• Love 7
19 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I wish the end of last season had not been so divisive as it is far nicer to see a few of them over lunch chatting up what is going on in their lives, and the lives of their family than this season's defensive battles.  I would have loved to have heard about Rinna's defunct, not picked up talk show on NBC.  Could it be she muddied the waters with her assholish behavior last season?  Hope so.  It sounded very odd for Rinna to claim her hands are full tackling the task of raising her two teenage daughters.  One is an adult, and the other is 15 years old-did it just dawn on her she had teenagers?

19 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I agree with everything except I'm not at a point to say that Lisa and Eileen are 'playing' the aging dying parent card.  It's only episode two and I do think it needed to be addressed.  I also think that the death of a parent can affect you in profound ways.  And yeah, LR seemed to make excuses about not seeing her parents more often.  Shame on her.  She also let most of their care up to her step sister.  Shame on her for that as well.  I do wish that she does address this and have some regrets.  Will she?  I doubt it.

Lisa (and her new tagline) thinks she is the queen.  I think the crown has become more and more tarnished.  Lisa may have VR but Kyle and Mauricio are hobnobbing more with the rich and 'important' people because of Mauricio's job.  VR is about a bunch of wanta be's.  I'd rather hang out with Kyle and Mauricio.  And all the dogs....I'll take Bambi, the potato stealer, over Lisa's dogs, ponies, etc.  :)

6 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Erica Jane's music is godawful , right? It's not just me? I don't dislike Erica, but that music...Mab

Rinna plays way too close to the vest for someone who always points out how disturbing she finds the behavior of others. This includes throwing her sick father under the bus for making her a "people pleaser" (which...wtf?) and her & Harry's siblings for her OTT reactions to substance abuse. I will say I am minorly fascinated with life with Harry Hamlin (but not Gigi Jr the Cindy Crawford protege). Their money situation makes zero sense to me, so I have to speculate stuff like ivy league-educated HH makes bad business deals & people thinks he's a nazi sympathizer. Again - we need the good gossip, people!

I think the LVP/Kyle economic comparison is spot-on. According to just about everyone (well, everyone who likes to snark), Sur & Villa Blanca are kind of dingy with very mediocre food. I've always thought Ken & Lisa had family money; if you're opening & closing 26 restaurants I think you're probably leaving a few failures behind. Mauricio went out on his own after splitting from Hilton which turned out to be a pretty baller move. (Also, LVP's yard is amazing but based on the Bravo pics I think her house is kind of fug & cheap looking inside. Kyle's looks like a regular house but I like the interior a lot.)

Tom did an interview with some lawyer magazine where Erika got a brief mention at the end. He sounded happier when he was talking about Julia Roberts. He said Erika woke him up in the middle of the night to tell him singing is harder than being an attorney. He did not say if she mentioned bad singing is harder than being an attorney.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Rinna plays way too close to the vest for someone who always points out how disturbing she finds the behavior of others. This includes throwing her sick father under the bus for making her a "people pleaser" (which...wtf?) and her & Harry's siblings for her OTT reactions to substance abuse. I will say I am minorly fascinated with life with Harry Hamlin (but not Gigi Jr the Cindy Crawford protege). Their money situation makes zero sense to me, so I have to speculate stuff like ivy league-educated HH makes bad business deals & people thinks he's a nazi sympathizer. Again - we need the good gossip, people!

I think the LVP/Kyle economic comparison is spot-on. According to just about everyone (well, everyone who likes to snark), Sur & Villa Blanca are kind of dingy with very mediocre food. I've always thought Ken & Lisa had family money; if you're opening & closing 26 restaurants I think you're probably leaving a few failures behind. Mauricio went out on his own after splitting from Hilton which turned out to be a pretty baller move. (Also, LVP's yard is amazing but based on the Bravo pics I think her house is kind of fug & cheap looking inside. Kyle's looks like a regular house but I like the interior a lot.)

Tom did an interview with some lawyer magazine where Erika got a brief mention at the end. He sounded happier when he was talking about Julia Roberts. He said Erika woke him up in the middle of the night to tell him singing is harder than being an attorney. He did not say if she mentioned bad singing is harder than being an attorney.

I believe the house they live in was HH before Rinna.  They are driving $100,000, cars, they don't seem to want for anything, they vacation overseas, he has a vacation home in Canada.  I always get the impression he is pretty happy, she seems driven, as if she wants more and more.  He seems to be working a lot these days.

Ken and LVP sold off all the interests in London for a huge amount of money.  They moved here in the late eighties, opened five pizza parlors, lost three in one f the LA earthquakes, went back to London, opened more restaurants and sold them for around $15 million about 13 years ago, and returned to BH and opened SUR and then Villa Blanca about nine years ago.  I believe they still have a lot of real estate holdings in England and a home in France.

I agree about Kyle's home-it is a traditional, when all of LA is going for the big white box with giant high ceilings.  Kyle and Mauricio like the neighborhood and it is a very nice property.

Erika is delusional. 

• Love 12
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:26 PM, motorcitymom65 said:

I was routinely carded until my late 40's.  I got carded yesterday buying wine at Target, and at 51 was thrilled until the cashier told me they card everyone. The fact that I got carded so late in life use to drive my sister nuts, because she is 2 years younger and said no one had carded her past her mid-20's.  We would be at a bar together and I would get carded and she would not. The difference is that she loves the sun and I avoid it at all costs. I also have super oily skin and can still suffer break-outs like a teenager. A dermatologist that I was complaining to years ago said that one day I would be happy to have oily skin because I wouldn't age as fast. He was so right. In the end it is not the wrinkles that have been my downfall, but the fact that eventually, the skin begins to sag. 

At my 35th birthday dinner the manager came over and asked my dad if I could have a tiny shot glass of an Amaretto frap "hardly any alcohol at all". Everybody was laughing as my dad told him. I got a kick out of it. Still get carded and still loving it.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 1

I'm not going so far as to say that Lisar isn't grieving her father, but one of her most annoying moments last season to me (oh, so many!!) was when she was on the phone with her sick Dad and had him on speaker with her daughters. Her mother said something about his care that involved the word 'penis'. Cue Lisar's  'everyone's a comedian' schtick where she went on and on and faux 'cracked' up over those cute ole folks saying penis. It was cringeworthy. And stop trying to make Delilah and whatsherhead into super models. My biggest laugh with this episode came when Lisar HAD to name drop Cindy Crawford 'What did CC tell you??!!' She yelps at her kid. I blurted out 'GET A MOLE!!!!!".

As to LVP, I've recently discovered Top Chef. (Yeah, avoiding all things fadtastic has had me at a viewing and reading disadvantage for a long time). Anyhoo, I noticed an episode on Just Desserts called Villa Rosa. Sure enough, the chefs had to compete to provide desserts for the 2nd anniversary of Villa Blanca and Ken and Giggy came in to give them direction as to LVP's likes and dislikes. It was a surprise for LVP. I was trying to do the math in my head as to what season of howives this was concurrent with because the chefs were told that on the day, LVP would be bringing in some of her fellow castmates to decide the verdict. I immediately bet on Kyle. Then I thought maybe Kim, but struck that off. I couldn't think of who else she'd bring. Because there's really no one else I feel she's particularly close to. It could have been Brandi, I wish it was, but I didn't think so. Anyway, she indeed brought Kyle and Taylor. Ok. The reason I'm bringing this up is because of the discussion we've been having her 'humour'. I'm Australian and the idiosyncracies of our humour is closer to the British than to American. A lot of irony here and very dry humour. 

On judging Day, Ken, LVP, Giggy (sigh), Kyle and Taylor all file in. It's a pink fiesta. They've been told LVP adores pink. As long as it's tasteful, because she has very refined taste (snort, 'Pinky'). During the tasting, LVP took nasty digs, under the guise of her 'humour' at Taylor in particular. One of the items was a lollypop with fairyfloss (cotton candy) on it. LVP had to point out that Taylor had issues with eating such an item and they actually played that horrorshow clip from howives where Taylor is indeed flexing those ridiculous lips a la some kind of pornflick and then kind of sucks down the floss. Kyle makes the inevitable giggly girly Kyle comment about ingesting calories. In the end, the winning team was chosen mostly because they'd remembered to suck up to LVP via making some doggy biscuit treat for Giggy. LVP got pouty and narky with the other team for forgetting her 'number 1 love'. She corrected whoever said 'number 2', with respect to the fact that Ken was there. Taylor also managed to make a comment on the only subject she seems to be able to speak on which is Kennedy's birthday parties. The losing team according to Taylor were maybe more whimsical in a way that would be most appropriate at a child's birthday. Sigh. I felt for the chefs. Because when your brief is 'pink' and 'pink roses' and 'fluffy dogs' and LVP herself made a comment over a dish where the pistachio was hidden, about how she wouldn't have been happy if ANY of that green had appeared in the table's palette, it's inevitably going to look like any little girl's princess party. Sophisticated, my ass. And the winning team win because of a doggy snack.

I found this interesting because the only ally LVP can really count on is Kyle. And beyond Kyle, it will be weak women who know not to question her and are comfortable being sycophants and kissing Pinky's butt. So, Taylor types. And they also have to be prepared to be put down, sometimes pretty viciously, when LVP is feeling her British humour. 

• Love 9
8 hours ago, queenjen said:

I'm not going so far as to say that Lisar isn't grieving her father, but one of her most annoying moments last season to me (oh, so many!!) was when she was on the phone with her sick Dad and had him on speaker with her daughters. Her mother said something about his care that involved the word 'penis'. Cue Lisar's  'everyone's a comedian' schtick where she went on and on and faux 'cracked' up over those cute ole folks saying penis. It was cringeworthy. And stop trying to make Delilah and whatsherhead into super models. My biggest laugh with this episode came when Lisar HAD to name drop Cindy Crawford 'What did CC tell you??!!' She yelps at her kid. I blurted out 'GET A MOLE!!!!!".

As to LVP, I've recently discovered Top Chef. (Yeah, avoiding all things fadtastic has had me at a viewing and reading disadvantage for a long time). Anyhoo, I noticed an episode on Just Desserts called Villa Rosa. Sure enough, the chefs had to compete to provide desserts for the 2nd anniversary of Villa Blanca and Ken and Giggy came in to give them direction as to LVP's likes and dislikes. It was a surprise for LVP. I was trying to do the math in my head as to what season of howives this was concurrent with because the chefs were told that on the day, LVP would be bringing in some of her fellow castmates to decide the verdict. I immediately bet on Kyle. Then I thought maybe Kim, but struck that off. I couldn't think of who else she'd bring. Because there's really no one else I feel she's particularly close to. It could have been Brandi, I wish it was, but I didn't think so. Anyway, she indeed brought Kyle and Taylor. Ok. The reason I'm bringing this up is because of the discussion we've been having her 'humour'. I'm Australian and the idiosyncracies of our humour is closer to the British than to American. A lot of irony here and very dry humour. 

On judging Day, Ken, LVP, Giggy (sigh), Kyle and Taylor all file in. It's a pink fiesta. They've been told LVP adores pink. As long as it's tasteful, because she has very refined taste (snort, 'Pinky'). During the tasting, LVP took nasty digs, under the guise of her 'humour' at Taylor in particular. One of the items was a lollypop with fairyfloss (cotton candy) on it. LVP had to point out that Taylor had issues with eating such an item and they actually played that horrorshow clip from howives where Taylor is indeed flexing those ridiculous lips a la some kind of pornflick and then kind of sucks down the floss. Kyle makes the inevitable giggly girly Kyle comment about ingesting calories. In the end, the winning team was chosen mostly because they'd remembered to suck up to LVP via making some doggy biscuit treat for Giggy. LVP got pouty and narky with the other team for forgetting her 'number 1 love'. She corrected whoever said 'number 2', with respect to the fact that Ken was there. Taylor also managed to make a comment on the only subject she seems to be able to speak on which is Kennedy's birthday parties. The losing team according to Taylor were maybe more whimsical in a way that would be most appropriate at a child's birthday. Sigh. I felt for the chefs. Because when your brief is 'pink' and 'pink roses' and 'fluffy dogs' and LVP herself made a comment over a dish where the pistachio was hidden, about how she wouldn't have been happy if ANY of that green had appeared in the table's palette, it's inevitably going to look like any little girl's princess party. Sophisticated, my ass. And the winning team win because of a doggy snack.

I found this interesting because the only ally LVP can really count on is Kyle. And beyond Kyle, it will be weak women who know not to question her and are comfortable being sycophants and kissing Pinky's butt. So, Taylor types. And they also have to be prepared to be put down, sometimes pretty viciously, when LVP is feeling her British humour. 

The episode of Just Desserts aired in the fall of 2011.  So probably they filmed the episode while filming Season 2 of RHOBH or just prior to filming Season 2.  I believe Season 1 of RHOBH, celebrated Villa Blanca's first anniversary.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I believe Season 1 of RHOBH, celebrated Villa Blanca's first anniversary.

I remember them building it and the party they had. I cannot believe it was so long ago, though! She could have had Camille there! That was Camille's comeback edit season wasn't it? Or Cedric! I'm amazed she didn't bring Cedric. He'd have probably had a better idea about Pinky's likes and dislikes at that stage than Ken..

• Love 2
4 hours ago, queenjen said:

I remember them building it and the party they had. I cannot believe it was so long ago, though! She could have had Camille there! That was Camille's comeback edit season wasn't it? Or Cedric! I'm amazed she didn't bring Cedric. He'd have probably had a better idea about Pinky's likes and dislikes at that stage than Ken..

I think you're thinking of SUR and season 2, which was technically a re-opening because SUR had been open for 2 or 3 years before RHOBH.

• Love 3

Maybe it was the snow day yesterday, but I had an opportunity to sleep in this morning for the first time in awhile. Woke up from a vivid dream in which I was in Kyle's kitchen and she was feeding me these perfect figs and pears. (Probably I was still sweating my Christmas Harry and David order). Anyway, I extrapolated the scene and wondered, if I were to show up unannounced to any of the Housewives' homes in an afternoon, what would they serve me?

Kyle: Those perfect pears and figs. But she'd say, Oh, these old things? And we'd curl up and eat them in our perfect white socks on the perfect white couch and yet it would feel really home-y.

Lisa V.: She'd put on tea, call Rosea, and serve me perfect crustless cucumber sandwiches, that were in the crisper, leftover, and not necessarily for me.

Rinna: She'd serve a huge bowl of homemade zucchini noodles, I'd eat most, she'd eat two spoonfulls and declare, I'M SO FUCKING FULL!!!

Eileen: PB&J's with the crusts cut off, and leftover pizza and beer from Vinny's garage fridge. While he peeks at us through the window.

Erica: She sets out a bowl. Of champagne. And expects you to crawl on the floor to lap from it, cat-like.

Dorit: Well, it's Wednesday, so. Challah. Tomorrow? Something British. Who the fuck knows.

Kim: Crack.

Brandi: Bowl of crack, delusions, used condoms, okay I'll stop now.

• Love 7

Oh wow, you give Kyle far much more credit than I ever would. I feel like, if presented with a fig, Kyle would look at it quizzically and then chortle, "Is that a fruit or a vegetable? Are you sure I'm supposed to eat it? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" And then she would do a split for good measure.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, wheresmypizza said:

Probably I was still sweating my Christmas Harry and David order

OT: Ha, those pears really are good when they get it right. I worked for them for about 5 years and discovered they are just Comice Pears in a fancy box. So every year around this time I can find them at an upscale market in my area as just plain Comice Pears. H&D just attaches their name to items they source because they've grown to large to make many of the items in their Oregon factory or grow in local orchards.

• Love 4
On 12/18/2016 at 9:10 PM, chick binewski said:

Thank you! The way Lisa used her sisters overdose and Harry's brothers "dropping dead" drove me crazy!  So phony. not to be insensitive but she was like 6 when her sister died I really doubt that played any part in her riding Kim.  And how insensitive is it to constantly bring up your families issues while using the term "drop dead" it was all just gross and insincere. 

I remember that anecdote about Erica and Tom being very telling. Obviously Tom must trivialize her singing career for her to be staying up at night getting riled up enough to wake him up and retort lol.  Interesting to get a glimpse of what's going on there.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Inspectabecky said:

Thank you! The way Lisa used her sisters overdose and Harry's brothers "dropping dead" drove me crazy!  So phony. not to be insensitive but she was like 6 when her sister died I really doubt that played any part in her riding Kim.  And how insensitive is it to constantly bring up your families issues while using the term "drop dead" it was all just gross and insincere. 

I remember that anecdote about Erica and Tom being very telling. Obviously Tom must trivialize her singing career for her to be staying up at night getting riled up enough to wake him up and retort lol.  Interesting to get a glimpse of what's going on there.

Bringing it up once is acceptable but she keeps using it and it has lost what ever impact it first had on the other HWs and we viewers. Her jokes are tired, as is her clapping about them as well, Rinna  is tired at this point.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Inspectabecky said:

Mmmhmm. I can't wait to find out what Erika means when she is sobbing 'you don't know what i deal with every night' or similar. Very out of character for either Erika or Erika Jayne. There have been other telling moments that seem to allude to the nature of their relationship. Like the dinner with LVP where he said 'go to your room, Erika' and called LVP a crocodile (niiiiice!). And the way he looked at Kathryn when she was being a drunken twit at the table with them (not sure if that was the same night, it was all in the 'introducing Erika' episodes last season).

Whatever is going on, it seems to involve Erika catering to certain needs and/or lifestyle that Tom is rich and powerful enough to pursue with how many fcks? I'm sure his family and colleagues must have been horrified at him marrying a cocktail waitress with a 20 something year old son, 40 plus years his junior. But Tom can obviously live life exactly the way Tom wants to live life. Erika is submissive with him whenever they're together under the guise of extending him respect. She's also overgushy about how much she adores him and how much he fulfils her etc etc. He's spent a fortune financing Erika Jayne because that's some major money going out in glam squad salaries and backup dancers and choreographers. She's paying for it somehow.

And Erika is not your typical trophy wife beanpole/lollypop like Taylor. She gets chunky from time to time. Now is one of those times, she really did look bizarre in that Moschino tshirt with her hair out in a mane, like she'd just rolled away from the sick bucket on the bathroom floor. I did cheer when she came down the stairs though, given the sheer waste and ostentation going on at Dorit's party. 

Given Erika was Yo's bestie last season right through the time that Yo was getting shitcanned by The King, it makes me wonder whether they are bonded over some difficult bedroom dynamics that are very much behind the scenes. Yo has made a career out of marrying superwealthy men (Mohammed Hadid and David Foster). These men can have some bizarre needs and habits. I'm getting that vibe from Erika and I'd love to know more, but I'm sure everything surrounding men like these is super discreet. Keep your eyes and ears peeled!

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Given Erika was Yo's bestie last season right through the time that Yo was getting shitcanned by The King, it makes me wonder whether they are bonded over some difficult bedroom dynamics that are very much behind the scenes. Yo has made a career out of marrying superwealthy men (Mohammed Hadid and David Foster). These men can have some bizarre needs and habits. I'm getting that vibe from Erika and I'd love to know more, but I'm sure everything surrounding men like these is super discreet. Keep your eyes and ears peeled!

Erika and Yolanda were not friends before she joined the show, that was just her intro and really nothing more. Yolanda knew nothing about Erika, including the type of music she "sings" and suggested that David use her in his AB show for the Pope! Also, outside of filming, they did not hang out. It was a show friendship/alliance only, not a real friendship.

• Love 8

Thanks WireWrap, that puts a different spin on things then, I really thought Erika was brought in for Yo, and assumed a previous relationship. Interesting, because if that wasn't the case, then it looks like she came in more as competition for LVP and to replace Yo. I imagine Erika's house is in a different and superior income bracket to LVP and everyone else in this franchise. Eileen has a separate identity and power due to her acting chops in a movie town. So Erika and Eileen are likely going to balance out LVP and Kyle and Dorit. Lisar's head must be spinning trying to work out who the 'cool girls' are going to be, so she can angle to eat at their lunch table. Lol. And when the Sassoon woman appears, I wonder where she ends up? I saw Kyle being ..diplomatic when asked about her recently, so maybe the other team, or maybe she didn't work out. Did she get a diamond?

I imagine Erika's house is in a different and superior income bracket to LVP and everyone else in this franchise.

Erika lives in Pasadena, LVP in Beverly Hills, and Kyle lives in Bel Air. I wouldn't say Erika's home is in a superior income bracket...

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, queenjen said:

Thanks WireWrap, that puts a different spin on things then, I really thought Erika was brought in for Yo, and assumed a previous relationship. Interesting, because if that wasn't the case, then it looks like she came in more as competition for LVP and to replace Yo. I imagine Erika's house is in a different and superior income bracket to LVP and everyone else in this franchise. Eileen has a separate identity and power due to her acting chops in a movie town. So Erika and Eileen are likely going to balance out LVP and Kyle and Dorit. Lisar's head must be spinning trying to work out who the 'cool girls' are going to be, so she can angle to eat at their lunch table. Lol. And when the Sassoon woman appears, I wonder where she ends up? I saw Kyle being ..diplomatic when asked about her recently, so maybe the other team, or maybe she didn't work out. Did she get a diamond?

The storyline was that that they were "couples" friends but Yolanda blew it by not doing her homework and Googling Erika so she knew something about her. LOL Also add in that Yolanda/David were not living together during filming last season and rumor has it that they hadn't lived together for a few years!

IMO, had Erika not been brought on to be team Yolanda, and she was, she and Lisa would have been friends. Their sense of humors are very similar and both are quick witted but we got Erika the Yolanda protector instead.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

rika lives in Pasadena, LVP in Beverly Hills, and Kyle lives in Bel Air. I wouldn't say Erika's home is in a superior income bracket...

From a real estate perspective, I see what you're saying, and Tom has probably worked for his money, but there does seem to be an awful lot of it about there. I think I remember the private jet/s being owned/leased by Tom's firm, but they certainly seem to be available to Erika and friends when requested. Their home is on a magnificent scale too. I think Erika's money and connections (through Tom) serve to fill the void Yo's vacancy created and they were in Malibu. I think Tom is a seriously wealthy man

• Love 1

Actually, even if you don't count housing prices, if you go by other metrics of wealth (per capita income, median household income, and median family income), Beverly Hills and Bel Air are still both higher income brackets than Pasadena overall. Which isn't to say that the area Ericka lives in isn't a wealthy one, or that she and her husband might not be richer than LVP or Kyle, or that everyone in BH or BA is more affluent than everyone in Pasadena. It is just that saying that Erika's home is in a superior income bracket in incorrect.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, queenjen said:

From a real estate perspective, I see what you're saying, and Tom has probably worked for his money, but there does seem to be an awful lot of it about there. I think I remember the private jet/s being owned/leased by Tom's firm, but they certainly seem to be available to Erika and friends when requested. Their home is on a magnificent scale too. I think Erika's money and connections (through Tom) serve to fill the void Yo's vacancy created and they were in Malibu. I think Tom is a seriously wealthy man

Tom and Erika had some tax problems, 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2008, about 10 million all together. They paid them but that had to have hurt their bottom line a bit. http://allthingsrh.com/new-rhobh-star-erika-jayne-and-husband-owe-millions-in-taxes/

• Love 2