Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: It's Worse Than We Thought

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

@notnowimbusy, that's what confuses me too. Maybe it was humiliating her and she was hoping Meri would stop before it messed up her marriage and her place in the family? This was also when the show wasn't filming so maybe she hoped it would stop before the photos and tweets became public. Meri was already out of favor. Only one kid, older, clearly not super happy with polygamy, dramatic...I can't imagine that she wanted to fall even lower on the totem pole.

1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Yes true as it may be, if I had  talked  to  my  mother  that way  she would  have smacked  me into next week and she rarely  hit me. She was flat out rude.

Hopefully your mother didn't raise you in a cult, have a public affair and then deny it, though, lol. 

What drives me nuts about this is that Kody seems like it's just fine because no sex actually happened, even though they sexted, planned sex, planned a relationship and had phone sex. In addition to saying "I love you" repeatedly and planning secret rendezvous. So basically because this "dude" didn't have literal intercourse with his "wife" or impregnate her--just, you know, made her fall in love and plan to leave her marriage--Kody doesn't mind? Shows what he thinks about marriage, honestly. And it's not pretty. 

• Love 6
On 11/30/2016 at 5:04 PM, Lm2162 said:

Hopefully your mother didn't raise you in a cult, have a public affair and then deny it, though, lol. 

What drives me nuts about this is that Kody seems like it's just fine because no sex actually happened, even though they sexted, planned sex, planned a relationship and had phone sex. In addition to saying "I love you" repeatedly and planning secret rendezvous. So basically because this "dude" didn't have literal intercourse with his "wife" or impregnate her--just, you know, made her fall in love and plan to leave her marriage--Kody doesn't mind? Shows what he thinks about marriage, honestly. And it's not pretty. 

Well   no, of all the mistakes  she made I will admit  she did not  make those . But she  did raise me to not to be rude, especially  about someone's  appearance .  I will agree with you about  Kody though he just  does  not  care.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

That's just human nature.  A woman would be much more upset over her man having an emotional affair.  Basic sociology.  Think about it -- a man wants to know that his woman's offspring are his, so he will be more upset by a woman having sex with another man.  An emotional affair doesn't have that same threat.  A woman needs the emotional support of a man to look after her, help with raising the children, making fire & hunting.  His having a physical relationship with someone else isn't as threatening to her as an emotional affair that takes him away from supporting her.  I am not a sociologist, but I did take a college course.  :)

• Love 7

@Kath94, not AS threatening, yeah. But not care at all that his wife literally told another man she was deeply, madly in love with him, planning to leave him and not satisfied with him sexually? Having phone sex with him and planning dates and to get out of her marriage?  Deciding to run away together? I don't know any men who wouldn't be devastated by that unless they didn't care about the woman. I know my husband would be. I don't think Kody cares, or at least his ego won't allow him to think there was anything at all he did to encourage the distance between them. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Kath94 said:

His having a physical relationship with someone else isn't as threatening to her as an emotional affair that takes him away from supporting her.  I am not a sociologist, but I did take a college course.  :)

There are millions of women who have had marriages destroyed by their husbands having physical relationships that didn't mean anything to the guy - the trust is gone hence no more marriage. It doesn't take an emotional attachment to do some major damage.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5

I agree with both of you, Lm2162 & gonecrackers.  I just don't think Kody is willing to accept that the affair went as far as it did.  He lies to himself about everything else -- polygamy is great, my wives love each other, I'm the best husband ever, and life is wonderful.  He has 80+ years of marriage experience, for goodness' sake!  What an idiot.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, wings707 said:

Oh I support her eyebrow advice! 

Me too actually!

It was the delivery I didn't much care for haha

It was said in such a mean way and with others in the room to witness. That's what bothered me so much about it. I don't have daughters, I have sons, so maybe all of you with daughters don't find it as rude or mean as I did. Yes Meri really embarrassed her daughter. That can't be disputed. But her issue seems to be that Meri didn't do what Mariah told her to do. Mariah wasn't obeyed, so to speak. 

Meri is a lot of things and messed up for sure, but as a daughter, I could have never kicked her while she was already so far down,regardless of how angry I was with her. If I saw my mom an emotional mess and basically shunned by everyone else, even if I didn't agree with what she did, I would publicly show her loyalty and love. We could scream about it in private.

And she's honestly the LAST person on earth who should be ridiculing someone's appearance. She has a face on her like a can of smashed assholes.

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Kath94 said:

That's just human nature.  A woman would be much more upset over her man having an emotional affair.  Basic sociology.  Think about it -- a man wants to know that his woman's offspring are his, so he will be more upset by a woman having sex with another man.  An emotional affair doesn't have that same threat.  A woman needs the emotional support of a man to look after her, help with raising the children, making fire & hunting.  His having a physical relationship with someone else isn't as threatening to her as an emotional affair that takes him away from supporting her.  I am not a sociologist, but I did take a college course.  :)

I took the same course I think :) Yes, marriages have been ruined because of the husband's physical affair. However, if you had to choose between your husband having a one nighter with another woman or falling in love with another woman, the answer is almost 100% "go ahead and screw her but don't love her". Vice versa for the man. He can deal with his wife getting emotional about another man way before he can abide a sexual relationship between the two. That doesn't mean relationships can't be ruined either way. Kody probably finds Meri's emotional affair easier to forgive because in his mind nothing happened. And also Meri is lying about everything. So there's that.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

Maybe she wasn't as concerned as she appeared to be.  She did make the comment about warning her mom, and that she wasn't to blame.   Which makes me think Kody , and the wives, probably got mad at her and said "why didn't you tell me what was going on", so she felt she had to act hurt, offended by it all because she was taking some heat for being there and not saying anything.     Otherwise, if she was so upset at what was going on, she would have said something to somebody - even one of the other kids - who in turn would have told their mom.   

You see, THIS is why Mariah is owed an apology, an explanation, and lots of healing time to rebuild trust.  Meri put her right in the middle of this mess.  She told Mariah about it and even took her to Disneyland with her to meet her Prince (Princess?) Charming.  I think she probably put her on the phone with him --- because there are reports that she put Solomon on the phone with him, too, so why not. Meri seems like the kind of person who wanted to flaunt this affair like a 12 year old.  Mariah could not tell anyone without betraying her mother, the person she was closest to.  She was in a no win situation and now her father, who she seems to love, and her other "mothers" feel betrayed by her silence.  This has broken the trust between Mariah and the other adults, through no fault of Mariah's.  Meanwhile, Meri plays the victim and expects everyone to move along and treat her the same as before.  No willingness to work on rebuilding trust or taking any responsibility.  No concern for her daughter or the other children she hurt.  She is beyond selfish and despicable. 

No matter how much I don't like Kody or this lifestyle, at least he has been up front about it.  I can't help but wonder how Mariah's silence about this affair has affected her relationships with her siblings.  The ripples of an affair are very far reaching.  

BTW - I don't think she is acting hurt.  I think she IS hurt.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

I get the idea that Mariah is upset and yes, in many ways she has a right to feel that way.  But, what I don't get is, if she felt her mother was in danger, being lied to, used, etc. and it was causing her such distress, why would she go to Kody to express her concerns?   He is her father, and "supposedly" they have a marriage of sorts.   Does Mariah not have any type of relationship w/Kody - except he's basically a sperm donor for all those kids.    Because she was, in many ways, an only child, naturally she's always been close to her mother, so it still doesn't make sense why she didn't go to him with concerns.

16 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

@notnowimbusy, I get the sense the older kids and Kody don't have much of a relationship. 

I also think all the kids have been taught not to stress Kody out so that he doesn't stop coming around. I think they've been trained to put on a happy face to stay in the king's good graces.

• Love 9
On November 29, 2016 at 3:19 PM, wings707 said:

They do the asking the father for his daughters hand on The Bachelor too.  It is an archaic tradition everywhere.  

My husband asked my parents for my hand when we got engaged...he's Italian catholic, I'm jewish, born in Russia to russian parents. My parents expected it, as did I, as did my husband. He didn't think it was archaic. It's a sign of respect. A gesture to show that he values my family and would like to be a part of it and that my parents approve of my choice and accept him as a son. I think it's lovely, and very familial. We just celebrated our 20th thanksgiving together with both of our blended families in our home. 25 people! His, mine and extended. Getting married is not ONLY about 2 people. Life is long, and filled with many thanksgiving, Christmases, birthdays, etc. Not to mention requests for help with childcare when the time comes. Something dopey couples can forget or not think about in their rush to be adults. 

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 11

Maybe this will help clear up some of the confusion about why Mariah is so angry with her mother and not speaking with her right now. Granted, the article has a clear bias against Meri, but you're still left with a lot of good information about Mariah's unwilling involvement in the affair even after you strip out the bias.

http://www.allaboutthetea.com/2016/05/30/mariah-brown-rips-the-lid-off-cheating-mom-meris-victim-act-following-online-affair/

• Love 3

Meri is an awful human being.  Period.  

Did anyone see the preview that came on last night?   It was Meri and Janelle in a session with Nancy.  Apparently, they won't even ride in the same car on the way to the session.   Janelle doesn't feel "safe".....   23 years as sister wives and they cannot even be in the same vehicle for a few minutes?  Really?? 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Meri is an awful human being.  Period.  

Did anyone see the preview that came on last night?   It was Meri and Janelle in a session with Nancy.  Apparently, they won't even ride in the same car on the way to the session.   Janelle doesn't feel "safe".....   23 years as sister wives and they cannot even be in the same vehicle for a few minutes?  Really?? 

I did see this.  Shocking.  I don't understand what is going on. I know they have never gotten along. That started when Kody took her as number two in haste and probably not the way other plygs go about adding another wife. I suspect it is done with more communication with the first wife/wives consideration. I can see Meri saying yes because she did not want to go against his wishes. BUT that was over 20 years ago! 

I have not been watching closely the past several seasons. Can someone shine some light on this?  

Cannot ride in the same car when both have a 30 minute drive?

They have both gained a lot of weight. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Normades said:

You see, THIS is why Mariah is owed an apology, an explanation, and lots of healing time to rebuild trust.  Meri put her right in the middle of this mess.  She told Mariah about it and even took her to Disneyland with her to meet her Prince (Princess?) Charming.  I think she probably put her on the phone with him --- because there are reports that she put Solomon on the phone with him, too, so why not. Meri seems like the kind of person who wanted to flaunt this affair like a 12 year old.  Mariah could not tell anyone without betraying her mother, the person she was closest to.  She was in a no win situation and now her father, who she seems to love, and her other "mothers" feel betrayed by her silence.  This has broken the trust between Mariah and the other adults, through no fault of Mariah's.  Meanwhile, Meri plays the victim and expects everyone to move along and treat her the same as before.  No willingness to work on rebuilding trust or taking any responsibility.  No concern for her daughter or the other children she hurt.  She is beyond selfish and despicable. 

No matter how much I don't like Kody or this lifestyle, at least he has been up front about it.  I can't help but wonder how Mariah's silence about this affair has affected her relationships with her siblings.  The ripples of an affair are very far reaching.  

BTW - I don't think she is acting hurt.  I think she IS hurt.

I just don't know about the bolded part. Exactly what has Kody been upfront about? He bullied her into the divorce with fake claims about the adoption. He claims the marriages are all the same so it was just paperwork but it was important enough that he and Robyn went on a honeymoon - WITHOUT the children they were so worried about. As far as I can tell he hasn't accepted that he has any responsibility for the emotional well-being of any of his wives. (although the title of next week's show says 'Kody Takes Responsibility' - but putting it in a title doesn't make it so). 

Meri has done some awful things. The entire setup of this family is toxic for all concerned. The kids are neglected because the wives are so busy trying to get Kody's attention and Kody is too busy being cock of the walk that they don't take the time to put the emotional well-being of their children above all. Of course all of this is so much more convoluted because of the insanity of polygamy. I have a tough time with the idea that Meri was 'emotionally unfaithful' when her so-called husband divorced her and is sleeping with other women. But I get that she signed up for this. I'm just bothered by the fact that with polygamy, the woman seems to have no right to expect anything from her husband. He has no responsibility for the quality of the relationship. He can show up when he feels like it. He can demand sex when he wants it, or neglect that part of the relationship if he'd rather get it from someone else. When they need him, they have to hope he's willing to come. Even his little whine about 'oh no someone texted me that they need to talk - that means something important' speaks volumes. His tone said 'its just so annoying to have to deal with anything'. He finds it bothersome when the wives put any kind of need on him. 

• Love 16

@3girlsforus I wasn't watching the season that he divorced Meri and married Robyn. My wife was and I got overviews of the episodes from her. However, I didn't realize that he and Robyn went on a honeymoon. I find that appalling. Just like there was no reason for them to make a big deal of the actual ceremony, which I understand from my wife that Robyn wanted, there was absolutely no reason to go on a honeymoon. I agree that he hasn't taken responsibility for the emotional well-being of any of his wives. I tried to address that in a previous post, but you've stated it much more succinctly and eloquently than I did. I can't imagine being able to succeed at marriage with more than one wife, according to the definition of "successful marriage" that I currently have. My wife asked me about that the night this season's premiere aired and I told her that I might be able to do it with each of two wives, but there is no way I could have a successful marriage with each of three or more wives.

On top of all that, Kody now has 18 children. There's no way he knows any of them to the extent and level that a man in a monogamous marriage knows his children. For that matter, my wife's parents had five children and they know their children very well and have very close relationships with each of them, including knowing their children's significant others very well. When it comes to Kody's relationships with his children, I can't imagine those relationships rise much above "passing acquintance". There just isn't time enough in a day to spend quality time one-on-one with 18 children and four wives. And while he can certainly spend some quality time with his children in groups, that one-on-one time is vitally important - and, I suspect, the lack of it looms large in Mykelti's development and behaviour.

• Love 8

Furthermore, not only did Kody and Robyn go on a lovely Hawaiian honeymoon for a marriage that supposedly didn't mean anything, Kody also supposedly married Robyn for the sake of Robyn's kids -- so he could adopt them and make decisions for them instead of their awful, mean biological father.  And in the very next episode, we saw Da'unAuroraBrianna leaving quite happily for a long stay with that same father, and neither Kody nor Robyn seemed one bit bothered by this.  Everyone acted as if this extended trip was no big dill, most notably Robyn.

So the entire divorce-Meri-marry-Robyn thing was super suspect from the beginning.  It had to have been Robyn's idea, and she presented it to Kody as "you need to protect my kids!"  She even gave him that terrifying portrait that erased their bio dad and plopped in Kody's big mug.  Kody bought it because he wanted to buy it, then he most likely guilted Meri into doing it.

Seriously, all three of these adults are so completely messed up and duplicitous, it's mind-blowing.

• Love 17

Good post 3girlsforus.  I agree.  Kody said, my religion says I need many wives and as many children as I can to be closer to God or get into the kingdom when I die, whatever the deal is.  He gave no thought about tending to them at all.  Never has there been mention of reading any books on child rearing or marriage relationship advice. 

The wives can take some responsibility here, too. They all jumped into this pond for the same reason. 

I have always thought that high schools should have a course on life skills. The content would include conflict resolution,  taking responsibility for your actions, the blame game etc..  As it stands now, unless kids have aware parents, they hit the streets with little preparation.  And we see the consequences laid out before us here. 

• Love 3

My husband asked for my father's blessing I guess you would call it. BUT my father did not mention sex and tell him he could wait another 6 months. Not sure if that scene was a commercial for the next episode. I haven't seen this one yet. 

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2

OMG! Tony. Am I the only one who thought he was being a jerk (insert other work if you'd like). He said they could just take out a loan on their house to pay for the wedding. His general attitude and comments really made me concerned. He seems entitled. For some reason I get an overcontrolling vibe from him. I wonder if he's this way with Mykelti too.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, cmccasandra said:

OMG! Tony. Am I the only one who thought he was being a jerk (insert other work if you'd like). He said they could just take out a loan on their house to pay for the wedding. His general attitude and comments really made me concerned. He seems entitled. For some reason I get an overcontrolling vibe from him. I wonder if he's this way with Mykelti too.

Absolutely. Several posters, including me, have posted about his (and hers) sense of entitlement. Other posters have mentioned they got a controlling vibe from him, as well. I did not, but maybe I'm just dim in this regard. :)

• Love 1

The audacity of "you need to wait to have sex with my daughter" is matched only by its sexism. Logan has a live in girlfriend and is traveling Europe with her. They are serious but have been together for years with no talks of engagement before moving in. They both said they wanted to take it slow and aren't at all religious in ANY religion. Not once did any Brown family member indicate worry about this, concern about Michelle's reputation, etc. It's clear that Kody thinks he owns women's sexuality. It's in his religion. His son can do anything, but his daughters *belong* to him. The difference in attitudes is astounding. This isn't a little added protectiveness or tenderness with a daughter. This is literally "do whatever the fuck you want, you're a guy" vs. "I will dictate where and when you can touch my adult daughter, when you marry her, and the religious attitude of the family you create together." Ew.

• Love 12

I felt uncomfortable start to finish watching this episode. Mykelti's impulsive engagement reminded me of a lot of post-high school relationships and marriages that cropped up among women I went to school with. The guy was always completely wrong for them but they rushed into it for a variety of reasons, painted it as the greatest love story ever told and ended up miserable.

I thought it was interesting Mykelti tried to join the Mormon church and was denied, and Tony painted this as being no big deal down the line. One branch of my mother's family is Mormon and one uncle was married to a non-Mormon. It wasn't easy and the social pressure was always there. As my mom put it, the Mormon side of the family "worked on" her for years, trying to get her to convert. That might not happen to Mykelti and it may very well end up being 'no big deal' but it's something she should seriously consider. Not that I think she's seriously considering anything about this marriage.

• Love 1

Mykelti wants to marry a guy who seems to be controlling and entitled.  This is hardly a surprise since Kody, the male role model she was raised with, is exactly the same way.  I'm sure she doesn't see that she's falling into exactly the same trap that has led to so much unhappiness for her mother, but she is.  

Normally I like Christine, but on this episode, she practically nauseated me as she spoke against her daughter doing almost exactly what she did.  If she had acknowledged that she had made a very similar mistake and wanted to save her daughter from so much misery, it would have been different.  But as much as I like Christine, she has no insight into her own situation.

Also, she thought Tony wanted to talk to Kody to ask permission to court his daughter?  That's even more archaic than asking for her hand in marriage.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

I didn't realize that he and Robyn went on a honeymoon. I find that appalling. Just like there was no reason for them to make a big deal of the actual ceremony, which I understand from my wife that Robyn wanted, there was absolutely no reason to go on a honeymoon. I agree that he hasn't taken responsibility for the emotional well-being of any of his wives.

I think they went on the honeymoon after the "spiritual" wedding, not the legal one.  If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.  As for your other statement quoted here....yep.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

The audacity of "you need to wait to have sex with my daughter" is matched only by its sexism. Logan has a live in girlfriend and is traveling Europe with her. They are serious but have been together for years with no talks of engagement before moving in. They both said they wanted to take it slow and aren't at all religious in ANY religion. Not once did any Brown family member indicate worry about this, concern about Michelle's reputation, etc. It's clear that Kody thinks he owns women's sexuality. It's in his religion. His son can do anything, but his daughters *belong* to him. The difference in attitudes is astounding. This isn't a little added protectiveness or tenderness with a daughter. This is literally "do whatever the fuck you want, you're a guy" vs. "I will dictate where and when you can touch my adult daughter, when you marry her, and the religious attitude of the family you create together." Ew.

I'm not sure it is his religion though, because Mormon men are also supposed to be chaste.  Plus, to be fair, we have no idea if they've spoken to Logan about that.  He seems to not want his life videotaped.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I think they went on the honeymoon after the "spiritual" wedding, not the legal one.  If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me.  As for your other statement quoted here....yep.

If I'm not mistaken, they honeymooned after both weddings...the first was talked about on the show, and the second was supposed to have been kept quiet, but they were spotted in Hawaii together?  Or are all the lies starting to mess with my head?

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I took the same course I think :) Yes, marriages have been ruined because of the husband's physical affair. However, if you had to choose between your husband having a one nighter with another woman or falling in love with another woman, the answer is almost 100% "go ahead and screw her but don't love her". Vice versa for the man. He can deal with his wife getting emotional about another man way before he can abide a sexual relationship between the two. That doesn't mean relationships can't be ruined either way. Kody probably finds Meri's emotional affair easier to forgive because in his mind nothing happened. And also Meri is lying about everything. So there's that.

It really depends on the person; it's not that cut & dry for most. It shows something deeper is going wrong.

Her lying was huge. But I also think Kody's pride is hurt. And she showed the world their family isn't so perfect & polyg. isn't such a great situation to be in - very publicly & in an embarrassing way. ouch

• Love 4
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

If I'm not mistaken, they honeymooned after both weddings...the first was talked about on the show, and the second was supposed to have been kept quiet, but they were spotted in Hawaii together?  Or are all the lies starting to mess with my head?

Well, I hope that was not the case. If it is, the level of disrespect and lack of empathy/care for Meri is more than I can wrap my head around.

Just now, laurakaye said:

Truely wants little to nothing to do with Kody, so she's right up there with Logan.

Looking forward to seeing more of her. I'll have to ask my wife about her and how she reacts to Kody.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I'm not sure it is his religion though, because Mormon men are also supposed to be chaste.  Plus, to be fair, we have no idea if they've spoken to Logan about that.  He seems to not want his life videotaped.

They devoted quite a bit of an episode or two to their relationship, so he must not hate the filming all that much. They talked about the move in and no one was at all perturbed...I think there was quite a stark disparity. Kody even said they shouldn't get engaged yet and didn't say anything about chastity at all. Certainly didn't take them aside and lecture them about where they could touch. I know Logan isn't Mormon, but I'm not sure why their religion has much to do with it. If it's in Tony's and Mykelti's personal belief system not to have sex, that's their business to uphold, not Kody's. 

• Love 2

Her lying was huge. But I also think Kody's pride is hurt. And she showed the world their family isn't so perfect & polyg. isn't such a great situation to be in - very publicly & in an embarrassing way. ouch

The show made it pretty clear from day one that at least 2 of Kody's marriages are barely tolerable: Meri and Christine. Throw in off-hand comments like Christine admitting Kody goes a week without seeing her kids, and it was pretty obvious.

I don't really blame Robyn for all this, as some others seem to. Meri and Kody's marriage was awful prior to Robyn being in the picture. And bringing in Robyn was Meri's idea. And I really wonder if Meri proposed the divorce because she was thinking she might flee her marriage anyway, which is a whole lot easier when you're already legally divorced.

They have 18 kids, and so far only 1 who wants to follow them into polygamy. If they were truly religious, that would be embarrassing enough to stop the show. And it says a whole lot about how awful it really is to be a Brown that none of the kids want to model their family after what their parents did.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Yes, they went to California (somewhere on the beach) for their Honeymoon after the big wedding in Utah.  It was filmed as the Honeymoon Special and showed some real insight into the three wives left home to sit and get good and jealous.  After watching that episode I can remember thinking that no wonder Christine had such a problem with jealously with Robyn because she got to see her husband being VERY googly-eyed with the new wife.  Up to that point all the PDA was kept to a minimum (thanks to Meri's issues), but once the show hit the air...especially the hungry looks between Kody/Robyn in that episode (enjoying his "Divine" Honeymoon!?) I can understand the intense jealously from the others.  Even Janelle...laid back no feeling Janelle wouldn't pick up the phone and take a call from LoverBoy for three days.

As for the second Honeymoon...that was NEVER discussed on the show.  It was only leaked with a twitter post or someone spotted Kody and Robyn traveling.  I remember that the Catfish talked about how Kody and Robyn were in Hawaii and the film crew was with them.  I think this was bull because obviously there was never anything on the show or even any mention about them going on yet another extended trip by themselves.  It's funny how Robyn gets more than a week at a time vacations, Meri gets Mexico, yet Janelle gets an overnight in a tent and Christine gets two therapists in Texas.  Actions speak louder than words!!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

It's funny how Robyn gets more than a week at a time vacations, Meri gets Mexico, yet Janelle gets an overnight in a tent and Christine gets two therapists in Texas.  Actions speak louder than words!!

Oh, poor Christine...plus she got a sweaty caveman rearranging her rock tower.  I still wish she'd taken one of those rocks and beaned him square on the noggin.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 13

AND!!!

Okay...I could not believe in this episode when Robyn of all people stepped up to the plate and actually said S E X outloud.  I mean...Robyn....who made famous the whole "Purity" and veiled coded speech (anyone want a cookie??) about the evils of giving up that precious virginity through props (heart shaped jewelry or something) and bizarre doublespeak.  She was hardly even involved in this episode yet we get to see her sit there and just speak the truth...many LDS teens just want to get married to actually just have S E X.  >>GASP<<

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

The honeymoon after the first spiritual wedding was 10 days in California, I think.  What a way to get close to your sisterwives, Robyn!

The second honeymoon after the legal marriage really wasn't a honeymoon, Robyn asserted.  It was just a trip to Hawaii with Kody that she paid for out of her "grocery" money.  That happened to come right after their legal marriage.

Robyn's done pretty well getting her piece of the pie!

• Love 5
Just now, Lm2162 said:

@Kellyee, wait, which one wants to follow them into polygamy? Mariah used to say she wanted to but now she says absolutely not. Is there another one? 

Mariah was always PRO polygamy...up until Mum was caught on the catfish line...then she did a complete reversal, but she sited her education as the reason her mind was opened to "critical thinking"

Aspyn has wishy washed around the subject saying yes, and maybe, then no.  Mykelti actually once said that she would first find her husband and if he and her decided to follow polygamy then she would do it.  But I think she is firmly in the no category tho.  I believe that Robyn's daughter Aurora has stated that yes, she is interested.  But she seems to say anything that will get the camera in her direction.

The boys have usually all said the same thing...they aren't "called" to it or they don't believe they "have what it takes" to make it work.  Logan was always pretty clear on N O, and Maddie has always been NO from the very beginning.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

The honeymoon after the first spiritual wedding was 10 days in California, I think.  What a way to get close to your sisterwives, Robyn!

The second honeymoon after the legal marriage really wasn't a honeymoon, Robyn asserted.  It was just a trip to Hawaii with Kody that she paid for out of her "grocery" money.  That happened to come right after their legal marriage.

I remember the grocery money comment, too...as if it's perfectly normal to have a spare $5,000 in "grocery" money sitting around.

Robyn is like the John Dillinger of the Brown family...walk in with a smile, take all the money with a wink, and saunter away with no one having a clue what just happened.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

I have a feeling none of the kids will engage in polygamy because Kody's faux marriage and their mother's unhappiness would be enough to keep them away.

Let's hope! I don't think humans are wired (mentally/psychologically) for polygamy. I dated a girl (for a very short time) who subscribed to polyamory. I was out as soon as she explained the concept. I'm just not the "wife sharing" type of person.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, wings707 said:

Good post 3girlsforus.  I agree.  Kody said, my religion says I need many wives and as many children as I can to be closer to God or get into the kingdom when I die, whatever the deal is.  He gave no thought about tending to them at all.  Never has there been mention of reading any books on child rearing or marriage relationship advice. 

The wives can take some responsibility here, too. They all jumped into this pond for the same reason. 

I have always thought that high schools should have a course on life skills. The content would include conflict resolution,  taking responsibility for your actions, the blame game etc..  As it stands now, unless kids have aware parents, they hit the streets with little preparation.  And we see the consequences laid out before us here. 

It's "dill". Get it straight. 

10 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Mariah was always PRO polygamy...up until Mum was caught on the catfish line...then she did a complete reversal, but she sited her education as the reason her mind was opened to "critical thinking"

Aspyn has wishy washed around the subject saying yes, and maybe, then no.  Mykelti actually once said that she would first find her husband and if he and her decided to follow polygamy then she would do it.  But I think she is firmly in the no category tho.  I believe that Robyn's daughter Aurora has stated that yes, she is interested.  But she seems to say anything that will get the camera in her direction.

The boys have usually all said the same thing...they aren't "called" to it or they don't believe they "have what it takes" to make it work.  Logan was always pretty clear on N O, and Maddie has always been NO from the very beginning.

I think Mykelti will go for polygamy once she finds out how nasty sex will be with FT. She'll be begging for him to take another wife for some relief. 

Is Aurora the oldest one that irritates the shit out of me? 

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Let's hope! I don't think humans are wired (mentally/psychologically) for polygamy. I dated a girl (for a very short time) who subscribed to polyamory. I was out as soon as she explained the concept. I'm just not the "wife sharing" type of person.

Marriage to one is difficult enough. Why must humans always make life even more complicated for themselves.

3 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I think Mykelti will go for polygamy once she finds out how nasty sex will be with FT. She'll be begging for him to take another wife for some relief. 

LOL!

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

@Kath94, not AS threatening, yeah. But not care at all that his wife literally told another man she was deeply, madly in love with him, planning to leave him and not satisfied with him sexually? Having phone sex with him and planning dates and to get out of her marriage?  Deciding to run away together? I don't know any men who wouldn't be devastated by that unless they didn't care about the woman. I know my husband would be. I don't think Kody cares, or at least his ego won't allow him to think there was anything at all he did to encourage the distance between them. 

I think he cares. He appeared to be seething with rage last season. But the way they are presenting this to the viewers does not allow him to fully express how much he cares. They still haven't been fully open about the extent of this thing. It was just an internet trickster that Meri thought was her friend. They don't mention "love" and all the plans on the show. So Kody can't really act as outraged as he probably is inside. 

1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

Mykelti wants to marry a guy who seems to be controlling and entitled.  This is hardly a surprise since Kody, the male role model she was raised with, is exactly the same way.

And he's also immature with bad, floppy hair.

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Truely wants little to nothing to do with Kody, so she's right up there with Logan.

And I think Gwendolyn has sassed him quite a few times. I like Dayton as well. 

I mentioned Robyn being pretty MIA this episode. Did we get any glimpses of her kids at all?

34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I remember the grocery money comment, too...as if it's perfectly normal to have a spare $5,000 in "grocery" money sitting around.

Yea, what is she feeding the kids? Saltines with stolen ketchup and mustard packets spread on top?

3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Who does Aurora belong to?  I can only keep Meri's family straight. Honestly, I don't even try. I call my son Stewie often and that is the dog's name. 

She is Robyn's oldest daughter. 

• Love 3