Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: It's Worse Than We Thought

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

In the season premiere, Madison's wedding preparations keep the family busy, but Mykelti does her best to steal the spotlight. Meanwhile, Kody plays peacemaker between Meri and Mariah, but realizes his relationship with his first wife is still a mess.

• Love 2

LOL is that how your guide describes the episode, CofCinci?    They accuse Mykelti of trying to steal the spotlight??  Harsh, lol

Mine says:

As the Browns are busy prepping for Madison's wedding, Mykelti drops a bomb of her own; while Kody tries to mend fences between Meri and Mariah, he realizes that his own relationship with his first wife is still in a shambles. 

I guess everyone agrees that Kody and Meri's relationship is in the shitter, though.  No one seems to be disputing that ... 

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

LOL is that how your guide describes the episode, CofCinci?    They accuse Mykelti of trying to steal the spotlight??  Harsh, lol

Yes!  TVguide.com wrote "steal the spotlight"!  http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/sister-wives/episodes/306751/

jv0Mtvd.png

Clip with narcissist Kody and Mykelti's goofy boyfriend/fiance.

http://video.usmagazine.com/previews/mt9K7hpr-qInh6Xrr

"I'd like to give you my blessing, but I'd like to give you just a couple requests.… One thing I would like — and this is going to be a hard one for you, I think — I would like your commitment that you would never discourage your children from plural marriage. I would never want my grandchildren being separated from me."
Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

Well, of course ... it's always all about Kody!  That guy has no right to raise his own children the way he wants to, or teach them his religious values.  Damn it I was hoping he'd balk, but nope.  

Has Mykelti expressed the desire to live in a plyg marriage?  I thought all the older kids were rejecting it.  Because if this guy is okay with "not discouraging" his kids from (i.e. allowing Kody to indoctrinate them in) plural marriage, then it makes me think he is going to possibly want it for himself one day.  Earth to Mykelti, are you listening, Girl?  

I don't recall Kody making a request like that of Caleb ... did I miss it?  Or does Kody just know this guy is a pushover and he's goin' for broke? 

• Love 7

Mykelti's boyfriend speaks like he was born deaf. He also has a bit of an accent, making me wonder where he is from originally. He also screams, "I'm a famewhore dating and marrying your daughter for attention! Tell me what to say and I'll say it." 

Sweet Jesus, what the heck is she thinking?  While there is the smallest possibility that this is "true love" she is painting herself in a corner with this dude.  He says he didn't agree to the long courtship but he certainly did not stand up to Doofus on that.  And the whole plural marriage thing?  Just run, Mykelti.  This is a disaster just waiting to happen.

And I agree, his speech does sound like he was born deaf not that that's an issue.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I don't recall Kody making a request like that of Caleb ... did I miss it?  

Caleb swims in polygamist circles.  He knew Caleb was 'cool.'  I wouldn't be surprised if Caleb takes another wife in 5 years.

Mykelti's boyfriend is a recent LDS convert from Catholicism.  Kody is most likely worried because LDS tend to shun the polygamists.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Well, of course ... it's always all about Kody!  That guy has no right to raise his own children the way he wants to, or teach them his religious values.  Damn it I was hoping he'd balk, but nope.  

Has Mykelti expressed the desire to live in a plyg marriage?  I thought all the older kids were rejecting it.  Because if this guy is okay with "not discouraging" his kids from (i.e. allowing Kody to indoctrinate them in) plural marriage, then it makes me think he is going to possibly want it for himself one day.  Earth to Mykelti, are you listening, Girl?  

I don't recall Kody making a request like that of Caleb ... did I miss it?  Or does Kody just know this guy is a pushover and he's goin' for broke? 

But Kody has that bromance going with Caleb...he wouldn't dare demand anything from him.  Mykelti's fiance is just a kid that Kody can push around.

• Love 15

I would imagine that Mykelti told Tony to commit to whatever Kody asked, with the understanding that Tony didn't have to mean any of it.  Kody interfering with Tony and MyKelti's marriage and their parenting decisions is out of bounds.  Pretty sure Caleb( non- Mormon Christian son of a  Pastor) and Maddie have plans to raise their kids as monogamists. Why doesn't Kody worry about his non religious offspring( Logan and Mariah) since they currently exist?!

• Love 6

Why is Cody freaking out about courting time...dont mormans have a short courtship?? Im sure plygs do...

Cody's Buddha Belly is matching the future finance's.  Tho FF has dimples galore, and tons of hair...he looks like a chick (not that there's anything wrong with that!)

Looks like Janelle has been eating her, and everyone elses, feelings again!

Edited by Christi
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Oh man I almost swore off this show, but the karma of Kody and Tony might be my favorite ever, Kody is definitely getting a taste of his own medicine.

Yes, I swore off the show and after seeing the episode description and clip, I might tune in after Westworld.

g6m0rhy.gif

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 20
Just now, lma said:

Kody just feels like he can push Tony around, as does Christine. You see they didn't try that with Caleb and Maddie. It could be because of Tony's personality and demeanor, but I wouldn't doubt that his ethnicity is coming into play, even if subconsciously.

I call bull on them knowing Caleb so well. They knew of him (and his family) because his sister married Kody's brother. When Hunter came home for Thanksgiving on one episode, he specifically said he had never met Caleb. I think the Browns just see Caleb as being "safe."

Totally! I can't believe the difference between the two boys! 

First of all, taking him into his bedroom and getting physically in his space on the couch to intimidate him is so ugh. I cannot stand this man, he is on such a power trip. I can't say I disagree that the relationship seems a bit rushed and I wonder if they have really thought about serious life stuff, but the way he is treating him is making me uncomfortable. I'd love to find out more about Tony though. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Christina said:

Mykelti's boyfriend speaks like he was born deaf. He also has a bit of an accent, making me wonder where he is from originally. He also screams, "I'm a famewhore dating and marrying your daughter for attention! Tell me what to say and I'll say it." 

Boy.  This guy sounds like a huge doofus.

• Love 10

I actually thought Tony was reasonably intelligent (at least as much as any of the rest of these fools and possibly more so) and he had the same kind of "sure, dude" skepticism about Kody trying to throw his weight around as most of us here do. I can't believe Mykelti didn't throw their hypocrisy in their face since, if I recall, Kody's courtship of Christine was quite quick and with Robyn it was even faster. 

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

I do not get the attraction Mykelti would have for him.

Dad doesn't like him.  In a large brood of perfect shinning star children, Mykelti is doing what she can for Daddy's attention.

• Love 20

A whole hour on Mykelti and Tony was a bit much. Tony seems like a good kid, so I am hoping that Kody told him to call him by his first name, instead of “Mr. Brown”.  I think Tony has a lot of nerves telling Mykelti her parents should take out a home equity loan to pay for their wedding.  Where is his parents in all of this?   In all fairness, the Browns have known Caleb and his family for decades.  At this point, it doesn't even seem as if they've met Tony's parents. 

Christine looks great. I have a feeling she is getting a lot of attention from Kody these days.  Robyn is probably too tired; Janelle doesn’t seem to be into him, romantically and Meri is most likely off the schedule. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Any kids they have will be adults at that point anyway and can do whatever they want.  

Not in Kody's World. He's telling those two adults they can't have sex before marriage, they have to get married when HE tells them to, they can't even get engaged until Christine is OK with it and how they should raise their kids.

The only semi-honest conversation that has happened during the entire run of the show is the one Kody didn't want filmed. But he just absolutely REFUSED to discuss their marriage in depth without Nancy being present. Scared of talking to his own wife. But at least we know now that Meri was serious about Sam; she kicked Kody out of the house.

It is interesting how the girls are marrying the first guy to show them some love and stability. Mykelti kept saying Tony wouldn't "hurt" her and would always protect her. Guess she saw how much the wives suffered in the marriages to her father.

• Love 24

What negotiation needs to happen?  It's creepy as hell that Kodouche is asking them not to be sexual.  Tony looks Filipino to me.

At least it sounds like Tony and Kody have the same idiotic lack of money management skills.  Makes total sense to take out a home loan for a wedding...Instead of negotiation and making sure they can all be in the same celestial zip code, why not confirm they have several months of an emergency fund on hand?  Find out about their future plans to support themselves and if they are realistic meaning they don't involve bad fashion design sketches.

Annnnd, it's very telling how involved Kody and Christine are with Mykelti and her life that they are asking so many questions of Creepy Smile Dawn and her husband.  

Edited by Forcereals
  • Love 11

I didn't watch the episode, and actually gave up on the Twitter feed, but before I did, ALL of the Browns (except Robyn who didn't tweet) said that the taking out a home loan was a joke. He was taking a lot of heat for that comment and it seems like they wanted to make it seem not as bad as people took it, which is quite a surprise for those hypocrites.

Speaking of being a hypocrite, Kody will never see that he, himself, married too young and has unhappy wives because he believes he is the center of the universe, like all narcissists. Janelle and Robyn had bad marriages because they married young, but all his marriages are fine, except when they took work which I'm sure is the wives' fault. (Again, I didn't see the episode but people were making fun of him on Twitter for calling out Janelle and Robyn's first marriages.)

I may try and get through the episode after the football game is over since it sounds like there is actually snarking material.

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The elephant on the patio in the Kody and Meri conversation is that Kody divorced Meri to marry Robyn, and Meri was hurt. While Meri is being publicly raked over the coals for her catfishing folly, he'll never admit he dumped her to marry his favorite young thing. I truly believe this is what he did. He is covered by their religion and doesn't have to take the blame for anything that goes on in this dysfunctional group. Meri will be punished as long as she stays. I don't especially like Meri, but I loathe Kody. 

I agree. The issue isn't really about what the catfisher did to Meri or whether the catfisher tried to turn her against Kody. The issue is what sent Meri looking for someone else in the first place. Meri was dumped but expected to keep her side of the commitment. But the only thing people are caring about is that she was catfished. 

• Love 21
23 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

The elephant on the patio in the Kody and Meri conversation is that Kody divorced Meri to marry Robyn, and Meri was hurt. While Meri is being publicly raked over the coals for her catfishing folly, he'll never admit he dumped her to marry his favorite young thing. I truly believe this is what he did. He is covered by their religion and doesn't have to take the blame for anything that goes on in this dysfunctional group.

Yes, this is absolutely it, and I kept waiting for her to say it. And now she probably won't if they go to counseling.

• Love 6