Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Swear

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

PPP???

Oh yeah. Remember that episode, where there was a tiger? and a weird guy posing as a king who got Carol's number in a minute? Can we go back to that?

What's that? More Neegan next week?

yay

Edited by minamurray78
  • Love 24

I assume that we will eventually see all the parts come together and take down Negan. I hope Cindy didn't get into too much trouble. Probably not fair, but they should have waited for Tara's actress to get back into shape before having her film the episode. It wasn't believable that she'd been out scavenging and not finding much nor that she was able to do much of what we saw her do without getting bit.

• Love 9

Eugene's face when Tara returned. Ouch.

I figured Heath would meet his maker because of Corey Hawkins' 24 lead role, and it's nice to see a talented young actor go on to bigger and hopefully better things, but it's really irritating that he died as a direct result of Tara's stupidity, pretty much sacrificing himself for Tara's worthless ass in the process, and that Tara strolled back to the Alexandria gates with a smile on her face wearing dumb novelty sunglasses. Really, bitch? Really?

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 11

Now all of this may have been in the comic book, but for me, someone who doesn't read them, it felt like total filler.

Writer A: You know, it's going to be hard to tease out an entire half season on another Negan cliffhanger.

Writer B: Well, we do have Hilltop and Alexandria, but there's not a lot of story there either.

Writer C: We could devote a story to Tara.

Writer A: Who?

Writer C: Don't worry, I'll give you another hour. And I'll start on another episode where Father Gabriel stumbles into a lost seminary of Jesuits.

And I though the final ten minutes was totally self indulgent. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I didn't hate this episode, at least it was Negan-less. I think we will see the Oceanside ladies again and I think Heath is still alive somewhere. 

I think those two Oceanside ladies found him and stashed him somewhere.  Not that I care, he's dull as dishwater, as is Tara.

Megan must have used the dialogue budget up.  Poor Cindy talked as much as Nell.  

• Love 4

Although I enjoyed this more than expected,  I wish that Oceanside was an INTENTIONALLY all-women community, instead of being a Savior by-product. Much more interesting, but I guess the writers couldn't figure out s way to integrate them into the story without tying in Negan.

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Eugene's face when Tara returned. Ouch.

I figured Heath would meet his maker because of Corey Hawkins' 24 lead role, and it's nice to see a talented young actor go on to bigger and hopefully better things, but it's really irritating that he died as a direct result of Tara's stupidity, pretty much sacrificing himself for Tara's worthless ass in the process, and that Tara strolled back to the Alexandria gates with a smile on her face wearing dumb novelty sunglasses. Really, bitch? Really?

I don't think Heath's dead.

Broken glasses, but no trail of blood or guts.

He escaped.

• Love 15

It was an ok episode. The cast is just too damn big and show is going extra overtime showing Negan's dominance. Took 4 groups in Oceanside, ASZ, Hilltop, & Kingdom. The Oceanside ladies did the smart thing in moving away and staying hidden so they don't have to deal with the Saviors. I think they feared the worst on being taken advantage of sexually by the Saviors.

This episode was another filler and didn't need a whole hour when this episode could have been merged with other episodes this season. This season of WD is not starting off well.

I don't really care much for Tara or Heath because show did a pissy job on establishing them as being part of ASZ. Only time I really noticed Heath was his time with Glenn when they attacked Saviors outpost.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Bluegirl547 said:

Although I enjoyed this more than expected,  I wish that Oceanside was an INTENTIONALLY all-women community, instead of being a Savior by-product. Much more interesting, but I guess the writers couldn't figure out s way to integrate them into the story without tying in Negan.

That's exactly what I thought!  And I wanted someone really powerful and charismatic for the matriarch (from the zillions of unemployed >40 actresses.)

• Love 5

Also is there any point to walkers anymore? They're no longer a threat anymore, so I wouldn't be shocked if we don't see them anymore. Rick able to survive a horde of them in the 1st episode of season 7, Tara and Cindy able to easily dispatch a horde of them. So what's the point?

• Love 13

The one part I was looking forward to in this whole damn episode, and I fall asleep just before Tara returns. Gah! 

I am not loving this season, too many friggin' groups. I know they can't all be together like the old days, but I just like when everyone is together.
When Tara was fighting all those zombies, you think she was.... Tarafied?  Thank you and goodnight.

• Love 17

Hmmm... ok, I didn't HATE this episode, but Tara as the centerpiece?  Tara? Reeeealy?  Huh.  

When the Oceanside gals are deciding Tara's fate I almost expected her to say "I choose death by Snu Snu!"  Then as she's gobbling down the "stew" and then says something about "where are all the men?"  I thought, uh-oh... Terminus, Ladies Auxiliary League.

The laugh out loud moment was Tara seeing what we thought would be a Walkerized Heath, and it turns out to be Heath in drag!  Hehe!  Good times, good times.  C'mon show! Can't you can't come up with better fake outs than that?? Every walker in that scene is a desiccated sand walker except for the completely random appearance of zombie Alicia Keys who just happened to have her hair did just like Heath.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, Christi said:

So why did Eugene look so upset when Tara showed up, if she was there and saw when Negan killed those two with Lucille?

1) She didn't know her love, Denise, was dead

2) She wasn't there when Negan killed Glenn and Abe because she was out looking for supplies with Heath.  :)

Edited by MostlyContent
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, Christi said:

So why did Eugene look so upset when Tara showed up, if she was there and saw when Negan killed those two with Lucille?

Tara's been awol for the last nine episodes.

ETA:  I know!  I couldn't believe it either.  The show just hasn't been the same without her.  Except it has.

Edited by candall
when did we lose the strikeout option?
  • Love 8

Gimple clearly put all his eggs in a Negan-shaped basket.  He must have thought that the audience would be so crazy about Negan that an episode like this would whip them into a frenzy of Negan-withdrawal.

Instead, just about the only good thing about this inexplicably slow and unnecessary episode is NO NEGAN!

• Love 23

So, this had some sort of point, or furtherance of the story, right? Right?? God, those two women who walked Tara out in the woods - worse shots than I would be and I've never held a gun. I  mean, Tara is not exactly built like a gazelle and they didn't come close to hitting her. Anyway, in that feminine group, would anyone really be obese this far into the ZA and eating mainly fish? Need to be a little more mindful when casting extras.

All I could think when Tara was galloping around was "ouch"! Tara, sweetheart, I know well-made foundation garments are scarce now, but please try and find a lingerie store somewhere and get a better bra.

May as well not really bother with the zombies. No one is afraid of them anymore and they've merely become irritants, like sand fleas.

The only thing in this ep to which I had any reaction at all was Eugene's face at the end.

• Love 14

While this one was slow and featured a character that I often forget about, it was still better than 7.3 which is my barometer for horrible episodes this season.  So I think I'll give this one a 5/10.

Edited by allyw
  • Love 3

Ohhhh..thought so...read one of the first posts in this thread that said she was front row at NeganFest...

I just figured I forgot about her..since I always do

Edited by Christi
  • Love 2

Maybe a group of natives carried Heath off and cared for him and made him tattoo a butterfly on the chest of the chief and... oh wait, wrong adventure.

How far was Tara from Alexandria anyway when she was on the bridge? It seemed she walked there in a few hours and didn't even seem tired.

9 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

Gimple clearly put all his eggs in a Negan-shaped basket.  He must have thought that the audience would be so crazy about Negan that an episode like this would whip them into a frenzy of Negan-withdrawal.

Judging from what I read elsewhere, he could be right.

• Love 1

I completely forgot Tara wasn't with the others and didn't know about all the deaths. When she said she had a girlfriend, that's when I wondered "umm who?"

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 2

When she was being shot at by the Oceanside residents, I kept saying, "Show them that you know the secret lesbian handshake!" (Cause you know we have one!)

Wow, there are still smart people in this ZA world. These women figured out, "Negan knows were we live, he's going to come back. We need to find another place to call home."

I could have sworn the actress playing Cyndi's grandmother was the same actress who played the woman who made George Costanza a hand model.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, StatMom said:

Maybe it was the Chesapeake Bay? I'm assuming the ASZ is near actual Alexandria VA.

Floated down the Potomac? IDK. The geography on this show never makes sense anyway. They are supposed to be in Alexandria, VA an incredibly developed and populated area. It's not a dinky suburb. Anyhoo...
Yay, it's the Tara episode we were all clamoring for! I didn't hate it, but was more like really? We're doing this?

• Love 11

I'd have rather had the Post-Apocalypse Women's Music Festival and Zombie Retreat been intentional, also. But I did laugh when the woman in charge asked Tara if she liked fish.

I suppose we were supposed to learn how much of a dick Negan is from what they did to this group -- but that's pretty much already apparent by all the other stuff he's done.

• Love 14
1 minute ago, ChromaKelly said:

The geography on this show never makes sense anyway.

It makes as much sense as the timeline. So Tara and Heath sitting in the RV and Tara says they can't go back empty-handed. They'd been travelling around for a couple weeks yet in this scene appeared to be a short walk from Alexandria, so why not go home? Surely everthing that close to Alexandria has long since been cleaned out. I'm not even making sense anymore.:(

• Love 10