Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Ghosts Of Boyfriends Past

• Start Topic

A recently reunited Kenya and Matt kick up their relationship with a road trip to Matt's family reunion. Also: Cynthia struggles with her divorce; Bob attempts to coax Sheree to go on a date; and Kandi receives an unforeseen visit that opens old wounds.

22 minutes ago, chick binewski said:

Baby nup?

Can we do right by all existing children and those that will never be and not allow Porsha or Chevy Neck to parent?

Next week: Kenya does the worst Scarface impersonation ever.

Who's Chevy Neck?

• Love 2

Peter is a piece of shit for contacting Cynthia's sister behind his back and telling her that he misses Cynthia.

I missed Kandi introducing who Block(?) is, but he sounds like another dirtbag. I hate the tacky way her office looks!

Leave it to Porsha to dress like a cheap hooker at the park. Phaedra needs to drop her "Church Lady" act, too. Them talking about wanting to show more "camel toe" was grody.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, chick binewski said:

I couldn't be bothered to learn Riley's "dad's" name. He had a neck tattoo that, to me, appeared to be the Chevy logo.

ROFL....thanks for the explanation. I didn't see that tattoo on him. (To be honest, when he appeared on the screen I turned up my nose and averted my eyes like I smelled/saw something bad....which I did.  Crown him "King of the Deadbeats." Full of lame, asinine excuses.

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

Kenya needs to run from Matt's family. That sister of his is too overprotective. She'd always be in the mix inserting herself into their relationship.

Kenya needs to run from Matt also.  I can't stand Kenya, but she surprises me being so forgiving of Matt for his violent tendencies displayed in the past.  I believe in forgiveness when it is warranted, but she should see that big red flag of jealousy that he displayed and realize that if a man is jealous, it usually will raise it's ugly head more than once.  Kenya is in the public eye.  She's going to be in contact with a lot of men in her line of work.  Matt, being so immature (her words), isn't going to always be in for that.  I can't see this relationship ending well.  I don't care for Kenya, but I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her because she's so desperate to be in a relationship.

1 hour ago, RedKoolAide said:

Bravo is a messy, shady bitch. Why is it necessary to bring a random deadbeat from the past onto the show? I'm not a Kandi fan, but her and Riley don't deserve this. Block and his girlfriend are pieces of shit.

Is it Bravo's idea to have him on the show or have Kandi and Todd brought him on board in order to have a storyline?  The reason I ask is because, after all these years, why would Bravo go against Kandi's wishes and bring her daughter's deadbeat dad onto the show?  I'm dumbfounded as to why this person is all of a sudden on the show seemingly out of nowhere.

Edited by swankie
grammar
  • Love 7

I've always felt that Kenya has been a little too forgiving of men and too likely to hold women accountable. I think her history with her parents plays into that. She's been far too willing to put up with Matt's temper and violence. Even with Phaedra and Apollo, Kenya seemed to not have any ill will towards him even though he admitted to lying about her propositioning him, but she still had buckets of vitriol ready for Shadedra.

• Love 11

Wow Block seems like a total loser. Lol at his tattoo too.

Phaedra lecturing Porsha on who to have a baby with made me lmao. Someone who hooks up with a guy fresh out of jail and pretty much instantly has a kid with him should not be giving advice on being a baby mama. Then when she told Porsha to run cause the guy has 2 kids? Um how many kids do you have Phaedra? Lol.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, swankie said:

Kenya needs to run from Matt also.  I can't stand Kenya, but she surprises me being so forgiving of Matt for his violent tendencies displayed in the past.  I believe in forgiveness when it is warranted, but she should see that big red flag of jealousy that he displayed and realize that if a man is jealous, it usually will raise it's ugly head more than once.  Kenya is in the public eye.  She's going to be in contact with a lot of men in her line of work.  Matt, being so immature (her words), isn't going to always be in for that.  I can't see this relationship ending well.  I don't care for Kenya, but I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her because she's so desperate to be in a relationship.

Is it Bravo's idea to have him on the show or have Kandi and Todd brought him on board in order to have a storyline?  The reason I ask is because, after all these years, why would Bravo go against Kandi's wishes and bring her daughter's deadbeat dad onto the show?  I'm dumbfounded as to why this person is all of a sudden on the show seemingly out of nowhere.

I admit, the thought did cross my mind that this was/is sanctioned/arranged by Kandi/Todd from the get go. I don't think there is much that Kandi/Todd would not do if it put more money in their pockets, it's all about the money with them.

11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I've always felt that Kenya has been a little too forgiving of men and too likely to hold women accountable. I think her history with her parents plays into that. She's been far too willing to put up with Matt's temper and violence. Even with Phaedra and Apollo, Kenya seemed to not have any ill will towards him even though he admitted to lying about her propositioning him, but she still had buckets of vitriol ready for Shadedra.

I agree, Kenya always blames the woman/women while forgiving men. She put all the blame on Phaedra even though Apollo was the one that lied.

• Love 7

Then when she told Porsha to run cause the guy has 2 kids? Um how many kids do you have Phaedra? Lol.

Yes, but, I think Phaedra's thing is that she was married. Married to a no account ass dude, but married nonetheless. She didn't come to the table with baggage. This guy is young, fine, imo, and has two teenage kids already? Um...

But on a serious note, I don't think Porsha wants that, either. Deep down she's probably very traditional, but puts on this single gal on the town act.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Marley said:

Then when she told Porsha to run cause the guy has 2 kids? Um how many kids do you have Phaedra? Lol.

When Phaedra first met Cynthia and Peter she made a remark about going after Apollo because he was "clean", meaning no kids with other women.  I remember it because it made Peter (who has about 5 kids) very angry when she said it.  Doesn't surprise me that she still feels that way and doesn't see the hypocrisy of what any guy she marries will have to overlook.

15 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

I agree, Kenya always blames the woman/women while forgiving men. She put all the blame on Phaedra even though Apollo was the one that lied.

That's one of the problems I have with Kenya.  But looking at it objectively, I can see how her mother's neglect of her has shaped her attitude towards other women.  It's sad really.  I still can't stand her though.  The way she starts crap with women and then sits back and plays the victim when they lash back irritates me.  All last season she threw shade at Sheree, calling her house  "Chateau she can't pay", but now has a problem with Sheree throwing shade at her house.  Bish, you started it!  Lose me!

• Love 15

Kenya's boyfriend pings. I wonder if his anger and aggression is due to hiding his big secret.  I think this is another fake relationship for the show.

Sheree might want to consider letting Bob move into Chateau Sheree if he uses his NFL pension to actually pay bills.  Judging on his lack of child support payment, I wouldn't count on it.  Sheree's lob looks good.

If Porsha wants a baby so badly, she needs to go to the sperm bank. Most guys are smart enough to run away when a girlfriend from the past starts talking about babies and "an arrangement" and co-parenting.  All they really hear is, "I'll be on the hook for this kid for 18 years." 

Kandi's ex needs to GTFO this show.  Really, Bravo?

Kandi and Cynthia have their faults but they did raise sensible, wise daughters.

Does Phaedra have a story line this season?

Edited by LilaFowler
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, swankie said:

That's one of the problems I have with Kenya.  But looking at it objectively, I can see how her mother's neglect of her has shaped her attitude towards other women.  It's sad really.  I still can't stand her though.  The way she starts crap with women and then sits back and plays the victim when they lash back irritates me.  All last season she threw shade at Sheree, calling her house  "Chateau she can't pay", but now has a problem with Sheree throwing shade at her house.  Bish, you started it!  Lose me!

Yes, Kenya's mother damaged her but then Kenya (the adult Kenya) hasn't done anything to get the help she so badly needs to find peace within herself, so, this stage of the game, it is all on Kenya, not her mother. She loves to play the victim, even though most of them time she is the one that threw the first round of stones at someone else.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Kenya's boyfriend pings. I wonder if his anger and aggression is due to hiding his big secret.  I think this is another fake relationship for the show.

Sheree might want to consider letting Bob move into Chateau Sheree if he uses his NFL pension to actually pay bills.  Judging on his lack of child support payment, I wouldn't count on it.  Sheree's lob looks good.

If Porsha wants a baby so badly, she needs to go to the sperm bank. Most guys are smart enough to run away when a girlfriend from the past starts talking about babies and "an arrangement" and co-parenting.  All they really hear is, "I'll be on the hook for this kid for 18 years."  The guy seemed nice enough, but there must be something wrong with him if he's fooling around with Porsha on a reality show.  He'd better be checking his condoms for holes.

Kandi and Cynthia have their faults but they did raise sensible, wise daughters.

Does Phaedra have a story line this season?

I suspect that Matt is another fake relationship at this point and I suspect that Porsha's new/old BF is as well. Also, I would not rule out the possibility that Kandi brought on Riley's dad for the same reason either (Kandi is all about making money after all). LOL

• Love 3

Other than Kandi who's married and Sheree who's talking too/ 'it's complicated' w/ her ex hubby...all the women are single and looking, pretty, and have some ok income and status. 

Ive never been to Atlanta but I've heard the ratio is more female than male and it can be competitive to find a single straight man worth a damn. I live in Chicago. It's 48.2% male. I've never heard a hard time finding bf but I do think many of the ones in my age range are still a bit childish or ...quirky....and many of the goodlooking hardworking smart grown acting gentlemen are snagged up in their 30s. 

• Love 3

Todd, the DC lobbyist seem like a much better catch than chauvinist, bug eye Kordell.

Kenya and Matt's sister, Hallison - precursor of Melissa Gorga and Teresa Giudice, lol.

Drama queen, busy body Don Juan actually came off human as he was cradling baby Ace, giving him his bottle.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

If Porsha wants a baby so badly, she needs to go to the sperm bank. Most guys are smart enough to run away when a girlfriend from the past starts talking about babies and "an arrangement" and co-parenting.  All they really hear is, "I'll be on the hook for this kid for 18 years." 

I don't know if you've ever seen an episode of Oprah with Halle Berry and Nate Berkus as guests. It's before Halle had Nahla. Porsha talking about having a baby with her ex reminds me of Halle on that episode. Halle was propositioning Nate to have a baby with her. Halle clearly wanted a baby and liked Nate's genes (smart, attractive, ambitious). She used language like arrangements and she felt like Nate wouldn't be too involved in the baby's life, which pissed Nate off. I think asking an ex, friend, or acquaintance is what people do when they feel like a sperm bank is too impersonal.

I'm not happy with Bravo giving Block any airtime, attention, or oxygen. Kandi has been on for 8 fucking years and this dude has been M.I.A. the whole time. Hell we saw A.J. and his kids, but Block couldn't find his way to be in Riley's life. And considering how many fathers we've seen refuse to sign waivers to let their kids appear on the show, it's curious  that Block signed the waiver, but was somehow kept from Riley. If you really want to see your daughter, refuse to sign that piece of paper.

Riley and Noelle have far more sense than their mothers. Though I worry about Noelle getting into modeling and entertainment might leech the sense from her.

• Love 6

TPTB at Bravo are arseholes for bringing Riley's father (and I use that word loosely) onto the show.

While I recognise that Kandi is her mother and she allows her to be filmed, as decent human beings we have an obligation to protect the babies. Riley is a child; this should not be played out on TV for the entertainment of the viewers and ratings. Fuck you, Bravo.

• Love 12

Poor Riley..... a father sperm donor who doesn't want anything to do with her, gets grumpy when anyone asserts that he should.... AND she has to have it aired and dissected on international tv and social media.

❤️?❤️Hugs for Riley

54 minutes ago, FaithsMum said:

TPTB at Bravo are arseholes for bringing Riley's father (and I use that word loosely) onto the show.

While I recognise that Kandi is her mother and she allows her to be filmed, as decent human beings we have an obligation to protect the babies. Riley is a child; this should not be played out on TV for the entertainment of the viewers and ratings. Fuck you, Bravo.

Hear hear. 

Cheap drama at the expense of a child. VERY low from Bravo.

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
Choosing better words than originally typed.
  • Love 13

Well, this was an interesting episode. I never would have thought Riley's father would come up as a storyline. What's up with that? Is his girlfriend trying to get her name out there, drum up some interest in her music. Sorry, you will never replace the original Chris "Mac Daddy" Kelly. 

But yea, that whole thing was weird. She just shows up at Kandi's office to try and and get everyone talking? So random. Riley clearly hasn't ever had a consistent relationship with her father, and I agree with Kandi that the child is old enough now to make that call on her own. And Clock, Block, Tick-Tock (whatever the fuck his name is) SHOULD fight for his kid. He's the father. It's his job to make it happen. Yes, there are some mothers who make it impossible. But I don't see that with Kandy. Kris said something about maybe Kandi was giving him a vibe and that's why he stayed away. Haha, no. Doesn't work. You still see your kid, even if the mom has an attitude. Ugh, I really hope they don't drag this out, because Riley doesn't deserve it. 

Meanwhile, Porsha is recycling Kenya's storyline of having a baby on her own. Dear God, no. Leave the lobbyist in DC and get a pet worm or something. (Although, I have the admit, the idea of a Baby Nup did make me laugh!) 

Bob is trying so hard to get Sheree back that he's literally sweating bullets. Or maybe he's got AC issues like Moore Manor. 

Speaking of, I LOVE Matt's sister for giving Kenya such a hard time. The Twirl is out. The Squirm is in. 

I love Cynthia's hair. I think she looks amazing this season. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 12
11 hours ago, RedKoolAide said:

Now Peter is contacting Mallory to continue to emotionally blackmail Cynthia? I can't stand him.

It sounded, to me, like Peter made that call awhile back. And Mal is just now telling Cynthia, now that the divorce is in the works and she feels it's a lot less likely Cynthia will go running. It reminds me of hiding the marriage license, but I don't blame her at all. 

10 hours ago, swankie said:

Kenya needs to run from Matt also.  I can't stand Kenya, but she surprises me being so forgiving of Matt for his violent tendencies displayed in the past.

I found it interesting that his sister was bringing up all the issues SHE had, like Kenya was giving HER red flags. And I was wondering why Kenya didn't state that Matt had issues himself, and his aggression was a red flag for HER. 

9 hours ago, Marley said:

Wow Block seems like a total loser. Lol at his tattoo too.

Yea, when people get car tattoos, it's tends to be something a bit more prestigious. Like a Benz or a Cadillac. I mean, I love Chevys, I drive one. But that's not what you typically think of as a symbol to get blasted on your neck. 

9 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Yes, but, I think Phaedra's thing is that she was married. Married to a no account ass dude, but married nonetheless. She didn't come to the table with baggage. This guy is young, fine, imo, and has two teenage kids already? Um...

When Porsha said he had teenage kids, I expected him to be a LOT older than he was. He was definitely young when he had them.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

I can't with Kandi's ponytail and outfit in her talking heads she looks like she's from Xenon: Girl of the 21st Century. 

It reminds of when Madonna was sporting those cone-shaped bras.

19 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

It sounded, to me, like Peter made that call awhile back. And Mal is just now telling Cynthia, now that the divorce is in the works and she feels it's a lot less likely Cynthia will go running.

I thought Peter contacted Mal after Cynthia and he separated, possibly after the divorce was announced.

Why are none of the ladies very liable this season? All they do is drop shade about each other!

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, swankie said:

When Phaedra first met Cynthia and Peter she made a remark about going after Apollo because he was "clean", meaning no kids with other women.  I remember it because it made Peter (who has about 5 kids) very angry when she said it.  Doesn't surprise me that she still feels that way and doesn't see the hypocrisy of what any guy she marries will have to overlook.

Anytime ya'll forget that Phay is the daughter of two Baptist preachers, I'll be right here to bother you lol.   *Clean* means no kids out of wedlock.    In her case it also meant somebody with her same relationship status - never married, no kids.   Her next husband will know her children were conceived with her first husband.   Don't point out the obvious, I see it lol.     Say all that to say Peter was probably the perfect example to use to illustrate her point because he had I don't know how many kids with nearly as many women and hadn't wifed up one.

11 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

Kenya needs to run from Matt's family. That sister of his is too overprotective. She'd always be in the mix inserting herself into their relationship.

In regards to Kandi's situation, this is what happens when you have babies with ain't shit dudes. The fact that he expects Riley to reach out to him instead of the other way around is appalling. I don't understand how Block's girlfriend would want to date a "man" who has no relationship with his daughter. I'm looking at her funny, too.

I thought she handled herself not only well, but extremely well for Kenya.    The line that set my teeth chattering was the sister saying I'm not sure I can get past the age difference.  

giphy.gif

Me to tv:  LOL!!! that's the one thing about this here that ain't changing and since your mama already refers to me as her daughter in law, you might wanna have a come to Jesus and review your options.    "I don't know whether or not this will last"  ???  Girl Adios.   Who knows that about anything?  I don't see a ring on your finger Miss overly the hell concerned bout MY relationship.    That entire conversation made me tight.   Hillson got some other shit going on with her, that, by far, exceeds a standard amount of concern.   I don't like Kenya either but I'm not here for a bitch scrutinizing out of boredom.  Matt is a grown ass man.  Get you some business.  

6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't know if you've ever seen an episode of Oprah with Halle Berry and Nate Berkus as guests. It's before Halle had Nahla. Porsha talking about having a baby with her ex reminds me of Halle on that episode. Halle was propositioning Nate to have a baby with her. Halle clearly wanted a baby and liked Nate's genes (smart, attractive, ambitious). She used language like arrangements and she felt like Nate wouldn't be too involved in the baby's life, which pissed Nate off. I think asking an ex, friend, or acquaintance is what people do when they feel like a sperm bank is too impersonal.

I'm not happy with Bravo giving Block any airtime, attention, or oxygen. Kandi has been on for 8 fucking years and this dude has been M.I.A. the whole time. Hell we saw A.J. and his kids, but Block couldn't find his way to be in Riley's life. And considering how many fathers we've seen refuse to sign waivers to let their kids appear on the show, it's curious  that Block signed the waiver, but was somehow kept from Riley. If you really want to see your daughter, refuse to sign that piece of paper.

Riley and Noelle have far more sense than their mothers. Though I worry about Noelle getting into modeling and entertainment might leech the sense from her.

Now you got me curious as to whether this was said/is true.    In lieu of a court ordered arrangement, physical and decision making custody legally defaults to the custodial parent.    He has nothing to consent to unless he's got papers that say she's 1/2 mine (a document that costs between $0-$15 to file).   I fist-pound disagree with any of ya'll who believe Block being here is at Kandi's behest.   This is a man whose indignant suggestion that he's not going to chase down his own daughter (justifiably) infuriates her.   Imma recuse myself in a second but not before saying that given their specific history, a mother who loves her child doesn't continue to invite a person, no matter how entitled, to keep hurting that child.   I'm not even sure how she'd benefit from his appearance unless Bravo is cutting referral checks.  Even if so, Kandi is not beat for cash at all let alone enough to do what's emotionally about to happen to Riley.     This shit is straight Gorga style.  He's a trashbag thirstbox who's willing to risk exposure as a deadbeat to help out his Shoprite Brand record label nobody's ever heard of.    I was silently regarding his shitty girlfriend until she opened her mouth to tell the kitchen gang that Kandi and Riley are closed off to him.   Die bitch, this bum muffucah still inventing excuses for not seeing the child he lives in the same city with.   He did feed my inner petty by providing this moment:   Kandi's friend said so you don't think you can own anything that happened (with Riley)?   Block:  cicadas AND crickets.    Didn't seem like usual Bravo editing shenanigans to me.   Fuck that dude.   ::smoothsskirt::

Porsha is simple as hell.   Heffa please.  You don't know how old you were 10 years ago when you met this man the first time but wanna have his baby............because Lauren has a baby?   She should be thrilled a man's answer is nah, I would wanna be involved with my child.    

Kenya I'm gone need you to start shopping at Soma for better support.  

• Love 21
56 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

I thought Peter contacted Mal after Cynthia and he separated, possibly after the divorce was announced.

I don't know. I mean, when Cynthia announced she wanted a divorce and when Peter finally acquiesced to it is another matter. Peter JUST okay'd things with the lawyer last week. Now Mal is bringing up that he called her. I bet he called her quite awhile back, but she kept quiet about it - hoping Cynthia wouldn't backpedal and try to work things out one more time. Now that Peter is finally moving forward, she felt it was okay to tell Cynthia. That's just how I saw it.

• Love 3

I haven't even watched the episode yet and I'm semi dreading it. My daughter (16) and I watch together and we are in a similar situation with her father. He wants to tell me how she doesn't call/text him and refuses to acknowledge that the onus is not on a child to mend a relationship that HE fucked up. This one is gonna hit close to home. I am proud that she is intellectually aware enough (and Riley seems so as well) to know that this is his personal failing and i hope that can mitigate the emotional damage that is being done. At this point, she is perfectly willing to use her communications as tools to grab cash. Can't say I blame the kid.

• Love 11

I think Bravo brought in Block without letting Kandi know. They blindsided her. When Chris walked into the office, everyone was really thrown off, but went with it because the cameras were rolling, and not realizing how far Bravo would take it.

Or, Kandi was complicit and has thrown her daughter's privacy and dignity to the Bravo wolves in order to make a few bucks.

I did laugh at Kandi fussing at Riley's ponytail, considering that monstrosity Kandi sports in her THs.

Phaedra has a quick wit, but it's weird how she veers from proper southern lady to the nasty jokes and innuendo. Also, is it my imagination (I haven't watched the series for several seasons), or does she seem kind of medicated at times? Her demeanor isn't as sharp and crisp as it once was, especially her diction. And her eyes look heavy.

Do any of these women have only their original body parts?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I don't know. I mean, when Cynthia announced she wanted a divorce and when Peter finally acquiesced to it is another matter. Peter JUST okay'd things with the lawyer last week. Now Mal is bringing up that he called her. I bet he called her quite awhile back, but she kept quiet about it - hoping Cynthia wouldn't backpedal and try to work things out one more time. Now that Peter is finally moving forward, she felt it was okay to tell Cynthia. That's just how I saw it.

I'm not sure of when Peter called Mal, but I question him telling her he missed Cynthia instead of telling her directly.

• Love 1

Oops! I accidentally posted this in the wrong thread.

After the first three episodes, I wish the show had chosen a different Housewife to make the focus of this season. I know Kandi has been on the show for the longest amount of time (This is Kandi's 8th season vs Sheree's 5th), but I have absolutely no interest in seeing this Block/Riley drama. This is just too sad and depressing. I especially don't want more of Mama Joyce's hysterics. I have no idea how reality shows work, but if Kandi had no say in this storyline, I hope she either renegotiates her contract or search for new employment options. No amount of money can be worth this pain and humiliation for Riley. 

I know she isn't very popular, but I really like Cynthia's scenes. Her scenes with Noelle, her mom and Malorie reminds me of the older seasons of the show. Just a woman talking about her life with her family and loved ones.. There was no shade throwing - not even at Peter - but just three generations of the Bailey women discussing their past, present and future. I think I appreciate Cynthia's scenes so much because she and Kandi are really on the only housewives that include their family organically into their storylines, but while I truly cannot stand and resent every single second Don Juan, Mama Joyce and the aunts are on the show because it seems they are all vying for peaches, I like that Cynthia's family seem a lot more levelheaded and normal.

I don't like Matt and Kenya. His legs are too skinny and he is not facially attractive. I could get over that if he didn't also seem to have jealously and temper issues. What I was most struck by with Kenya's interactions with Hallison is the first thing Kenya said about her love, like or however it was phrased about Matt was that he "fought" for her. I think Kenya just wants to feel wanted by anyone. I also thought she seemed a lot more gleeful at Matt's mom calling Kenya her future daughter in law than Kenya ever seemed with Matt. I think Kenya wants Matt's family more than she wants Matt. (I'm not judging her. I stayed in a horrible relationship because I wanted acceptance from the family. I hope Kenya realizes that searching for her mother's approval in Matt's mom won't fill her void.)

So far, I don't see why Porsha and Phaedra are housewives this season. There's still no hint of a storyline for either.

While a little boring, I'm at least happy this season doesn't seem toxic thus far. Phaedra and Kenya seem cordial. Even Kenya and Porsha handled the invited/not invited housewarming party maturely (relatively for them). I hope the season can improve and dial back the focus on Kandi as I've never found her particularly interesting.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

It sounded, to me, like Peter made that call awhile back. And Mal is just now telling Cynthia, now that the divorce is in the works and she feels it's a lot less likely Cynthia will go running. It reminds me of hiding the marriage license, but I don't blame her at all. 

I found it interesting that his sister was bringing up all the issues SHE had, like Kenya was giving HER red flags. And I was wondering why Kenya didn't state that Matt had issues himself, and his aggression was a red flag for HER. 

Yea, when people get car tattoos, it's tends to be something a bit more prestigious. Like a Benz or a Cadillac. I mean, I love Chevys, I drive one. But that's not what you typically think of as a symbol to get blasted on your neck. 

When Porsha said he had teenage kids, I expected him to be a LOT older than he was. He was definitely young when he had them.

I can't imagine a woman telling me my brother is aggressive and it's a red flag for her...because I'm going to ask her what the hell she's still doing dating him in that case.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, sunsheyen said:

I haven't even watched the episode yet and I'm semi dreading it. My daughter (16) and I watch together and we are in a similar situation with her father. He wants to tell me how she doesn't call/text him and refuses to acknowledge that the onus is not on a child to mend a relationship that HE fucked up. This one is gonna hit close to home. I am proud that she is intellectually aware enough (and Riley seems so as well) to know that this is his personal failing and i hope that can mitigate the emotional damage that is being done. At this point, she is perfectly willing to use her communications as tools to grab cash. Can't say I blame the kid.

Good on your daughter and Riley for knowing that it is not their fault. By the time I realized it, the damage was already done. Mine still tries to lay guilt trips on me for not calling him/bringing my daughters around him.

I fell out of watching this show for a couple seasons. Did everyone get breast implants while I was gone? The cups are truly running over.

Seeing the preview for next week, I just have one question. Can Mama Joyce not scream about child support with the baby right behind her? Either Ace will start bawling or he is the most content baby on the planet.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Now you got me curious as to whether this was said/is true.    In lieu of a court ordered arrangement, physical and decision making custody legally defaults to the custodial parent.    He has nothing to consent to unless he's got papers that say she's 1/2 mine (a document that costs between $0-$15 to file).   I fist-pound disagree with any of ya'll who believe Block being here is at Kandi's behest.   This is a man whose indignant suggestion that he's not going to chase down his own daughter (justifiably) infuriates her.   Imma recuse myself in a second but not before saying that given their specific history, a mother who loves her child doesn't continue to invite a person, no matter how entitled, to keep hurting that child.   I'm not even sure how she'd benefit from his appearance unless Bravo is cutting referral checks.  Even if so, Kandi is not beat for cash at all let alone enough to do what's emotionally about to happen to Riley.     This shit is straight Gorga style.  He's a trashbag thirstbox who's willing to risk exposure as a deadbeat to help out his Shoprite Brand record label nobody's ever heard of.    I was silently regarding his shitty girlfriend until she opened her mouth to tell the kitchen gang that Kandi and Riley are closed off to him.   Die bitch, this bum muffucah still inventing excuses for not seeing the child he lives in the same city with.   He did feed my inner petty by providing this moment:   Kandi's friend said so you don't think you can own anything that happened (with Riley)?   Block:  cicadas AND crickets.    Didn't seem like usual Bravo editing shenanigans to me.   Fuck that dude.   ::smoothsskirt::

LMAO at cicadas and crickets!  But seriously, this screams of a Gorga/Wakile set up.  I don't think Kandi arranged this at all.  She's mentioned Riley's "dad" all of once, maybe twice, that I can remember in all the numerous seasons she's been on this show.  I think the girlfriend convinced him that he should use this as an opportunity to cash in on the relationship or lack there of.  If she was actually genuine about having Riley and him reconnect, she wouldn't have waited for a camera to reach out.  And him proclaiming that he's not chasing after anybody??  Uhm, you're talking about your child, not a fucking groupie you self-centered, no account, piece of shit! [/off to re-internalize my own daddy issues!]

• Love 13

Did anyone catch Sheree's explanation re the title of her Chateau?  I think she was trying to laugh off Kenya's accusation that the house was in her mother's name but admitted it wasn't in her own name and was in fact owned by a trust.  Makes me think Kenya is on to something - how dare Sheree do that to me...

• Love 4

Sounds like Kris might be angling for her own peach and is using Block to get one...

I think she was trying to laugh off Kenya's accusation that the house was in her mother's name but admitted it wasn't in her own name and was in fact owned by a trust.  Makes me think Kenya is on to something

Didn't Kenya also say something last week about Sheree putting it on her mom's name for the IRS or something? Hopefully the Feds weren't watching or Sheree might become this show's version of Theresa from New Jersey ;)

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

Did anyone catch Sheree's explanation re the title of her Chateau?  I think she was trying to laugh off Kenya's accusation that the house was in her mother's name but admitted it wasn't in her own name and was in fact owned by a trust.  Makes me think Kenya is on to something - how dare Sheree do that to me...

LMAO!!!  Sheree gone ciss and decease talking shit to and about Kenya immediately.   The only reason I can think to put your house in a trust in anyone else's name is asset protection.  Quit cackling girl.   As a necessity that is nothing to be proud of.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

No matter who arranged for this jerk, Block, to be on the show in the first place, Kandi participated in this being filmed and spoke to Riley about it on camera. Shame on all the adults, Kandi, Todd, Joyce, Sheree, Block Head, his gf and production for doing it, no one put Riley's best interest/privacy first here IMO, none of them.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

I suspect that Kenya gets info about Sheree and the other HWs from a few bloggers. LOL

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

No matter who arranged for this jerk, Block, to be on the show in the first place, Kandi participated in this being filmed and spoke to Riley about it on camera. Shame on all the adults, Kandi, Todd, Joyce, Sheree, Block Head, his gf and production for doing it, no one put Riley's best interest/privacy first here IMO, none of them.

I don't wanna stick up for Kandi right here because I agree with you, protecting Riley should be paramount.   But, *sigh* but I can see production setting up the Kris Kelly studio ambush to get some genuine reaction shots from her.  I can even see them saying we want your honest feelings to this scenario - your baby's father's girlfriend shows up and wants to be Ghandi annnnnd go.   I can also see her feel like that's not such a big deal as Block and Riley's relationship has been discussed with Riley on camera before.    Now it might be naive of me to believe this, but I don't think she knew Block would be on the show.   Very much the way Bravo and the Gorgas/Walkilies were in discussions that led to them surprising Teresa on camera (and she was in the same shot at their first appearance - baby shower (?)).     There's one more thing that I think would be hard to resist.   In situations like this, nobody has or represents the missing parent's perspective, all people get to hear is the remaining parent "sound bitter" while the one who was out of the child's life is heroized, including, even by the child sometimes.   This could be Kandi's way to set the record straight in one felt swoop.    So now that ya'll know he's a piece of shit, you can officially stop sideyeing me-type thing.    That still doesn't put Riley first but I can see how it'd be hard to resist.

• Love 9
58 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

I don't wanna stick up for Kandi right here because I agree with you, protecting Riley should be paramount.   But, *sigh* but I can see production setting up the Kris Kelly studio ambush to get some genuine reaction shots from her.  I can even see them saying we want your honest feelings to this scenario - your baby's father's girlfriend shows up and wants to be Ghandi annnnnd go.   I can also see her feel like that's not such a big deal as Block and Riley's relationship has been discussed with Riley on camera before.    Now it might be naive of me to believe this, but I don't think she knew Block would be on the show.   Very much the way Bravo and the Gorgas/Walkilies were in discussions that led to them surprising Teresa on camera (and she was in the same shot at their first appearance - baby shower (?)).     There's one more thing that I think would be hard to resist.   In situations like this, nobody has or represents the missing parent's perspective, all people get to hear is the remaining parent "sound bitter" while the one who was out of the child's life is heroized, including, even by the child sometimes.   This could be Kandi's way to set the record straight in one felt swoop.    So now that ya'll know he's a piece of shit, you can officially stop sideyeing me-type thing.    That still doesn't put Riley first but I can see how it'd be hard to resist.

Kandi is in the drivers seat on this, not Bravo/production. She could have said that she would not allow Riley to be brought into this on camera. Kandi discussing it with Todd, her mother, Block head, whoever, is one thing, it is another to allow Riley to be filmed talking about it. At 14, no matter how mature they think she, Riley, is, she is still a kid and should not be used as a storyline for her mother, no matter how badly Kandi may want to out Block head as an ass.

Yes, Teresa was ambushed by production with the addition of her family but her reactions were/are on her, not production/Bravo. I thought higher of Kandi, I never thought she would use her daughters pain as fodder on the show like Teresa did/does, I guess I was wrong.

• Love 5

I think Sheree's ex got kicked in the head during his football days one too many times. God, he's disgusting and a lil' bit slow. All sweaty, constantly with the sexual innuendo's and touching.  As far as I'm concerned, if a man refuses to pay child support, there are no second chances, ever. He's a piece of shit and I hope Sheree is only trying to get along with him for the sake of her kids.

Mal talking to Peter. She hated his guts, saw through him from the very beginning, now she's chatting it up with him? Shame on her. Your sister has finally come to her senses and now you're talking to this jackass?  His # should be blocked from her phone.

Phaedra and Porsha are so annoying together. All the yelling, screeching and laughing is so juvenile.  They better go to the park on the regular and get some exercise. They have both chunked out from the waist down. I'm not calling it thick, I'm calling it fat.

Kenya- there is a 15 yr. age gap there. It's not gonna work. He's in it for his 15 minutes and your money. She has really bad judgement when it comes to men.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4