Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Ghosts Of Boyfriends Past

• Start Topic

25 minutes ago, swankie said:

Who does Kenya think she is, Demi Moore?  And look how Demi's situation turned out.  Age shouldn't be anything but a number, but the thing is, they are at two different phases of their lives.  Kenya keeps stating how immature Matt is and his growth isn't going to happen overnight.  Kenya wants to have a baby, but I can't see Matt being ready for that kind of commitment.  The biggest red flag is his jealousy.  It would be a wrap for me.

That Kenya could nonchalantly call Matt immature in her first meeting with his folks, raised all sorts of red flags for me. I really don't recall if she's called him that before, but common sense should have told her that it was not the time nor the place for that kindergarten teacher assessment.

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, swankie said:

Who does Kenya think she is, Demi Moore?  And look how Demi's situation turned out.  Age shouldn't be anything but a number, but the thing is, they are at two different phases of their lives.  Kenya keeps stating how immature Matt is and his growth isn't going to happen overnight.  Kenya wants to have a baby, but I can't see Matt being ready for that kind of commitment.  The biggest red flag is his jealousy.  It would be a wrap for me.

Even with Demi Moore, ALL of her kids said that Ashton was the more mature of the two. This would later be confirmed after their split when Demi overdosed on Adderall, whipits, and Red Bull after partying with Miley Cyrus.

How the hell is Kenya and Matt's relationship supposed to work when she's staring 50 down dead in the eye, wants to be married and settled, and have a kid and Matt is an immature 29 year old with anger issues. There is no universe where that shit makes sense. Maybe things work differently on her planet or in her dimension.

She should look to her castmates' marriages as a cautionary tale. Phaedra married a fione convict who kept up his felonious shenanigans and cheated on her. I bet if you asked her, her friends, and family before the marriage every one of them would have expressed their reservations. Cynthia married  Peter even though her mother and sister begged her not to and tried to hide their marriage license. Matt and Kenya are more of the same.

• Love 4
On 11/24/2016 at 5:36 PM, Smacky55 said:

Is nobody gonna comment on the fact that Matt's sister's name is Hallison. Her legal written name....Hallison, not Allison. Anybody? Just me. Ok. 

She was weird. Like way too interested and protective of her brother. I'm not trying to be mean but she has to know Kenya is much older with myriad issues, but her brother is nutso too... w less money and crazy face. 

I don't squint or sigh at Hallison I live on the North Shore of Chicago and seen / known people named strange stuff. I don't like Kingsley for a girl.... doesn't that name mean "king-like" so a regal masculine figure, yes perfect for a suburban girl ! I also lived in rural Iowa and knew many boys named Bentley, perfect... parents who are related and/or living below the poverty line named after the child after  a luxury car from Britain. They often used names that were stodgy and announced or replicated class goals but like some were meth people or kids working at walmart

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2
On 11/22/2016 at 4:53 PM, ghoulina said:

Yea, I don't see Kandi intentionally using it as a storyline either. They've already got stuff going on without this mess. Ace's new line, the restaurant construction. Just daily life with a new baby is entertaining for many. I can see her being pressured by Bravo and Lock. Time will tell how major or minimal this storyline will be anyhow. 

But couldn't she say "no" to filming with the girlfriend and Riley's sperm donor?  I mean, can't the Bravo stars insist that something so personal to their child not be filmed?   

• Love 2
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

But couldn't she say "no" to filming with the girlfriend and Riley's sperm donor?  I mean, can't the Bravo stars insist that something so personal to their child not be filmed?   

I would think so. Minor childen, especially. I'm wondering if Kandi thought this would make a good storyline and the public outcry bit her in the ass and now she's backpeddaling?

• Love 2
On 11/21/2016 at 3:26 PM, WireWrap said:

Kandi is in the drivers seat on this, not Bravo/production. She could have said that she would not allow Riley to be brought into this on camera. Kandi discussing it with Todd, her mother, Block head, whoever, is one thing, it is another to allow Riley to be filmed talking about it. At 14, no matter how mature they think she, Riley, is, she is still a kid and should not be used as a storyline for her mother, no matter how badly Kandi may want to out Block head as an ass.

Yes, Teresa was ambushed by production with the addition of her family but her reactions were/are on her, not production/Bravo. I thought higher of Kandi, I never thought she would use her daughters pain as fodder on the show like Teresa did/does, I guess I was wrong.

Kandi was on the Wendy Williams show and stated that Bravo surprised her.

On 11/22/2016 at 9:57 PM, queenjen said:

I kid you not Ghoulina, there was a kid at the school my son went to briefly who was named 'Payshense'. I teach high school, and there are a plethora of Latoyas, Shakiras, Shaquendras, Latieshas, Shyams, and...Ethans. I also had a 'Shaquille' and it belonged to the biggest cornfed white boy in the room. Taught me not to 'profile' subconsciously, that's for sure. But seriously, what is wrong with traditional meaningful names? Especially in Australia, ffs, where I am.  I have never had a 'Mary', for example, or a 'John'. I get that these are somewhat boring, but kids are humans, not pets. I remember hearing of a woman in New Zealand who named her twins 'Benson' and 'Hedges'! At least Phaedra gave her boys serious names and then played with 'Mr President' and 'The Prince'. It's the decline of Western Civilization, I tell you!

Traditional to whom?  Presumably, every parent names their children names that they think are nice, beautiful names.  Unless they are names that have negative meanings or have parts of words in them that are negative, who is anyone else to ridicule, condemn and/or insult someone's name?  Every name under the sun was made up and a meaning was applied.  Names don't fall out of the sky with a definition attached.  Do we need 10 million more Marys and Johns?  It's a slippery slope to encourage conformity.  There's nothing wrong with people being creative and unique.

• Love 6

As my brother said to me when naming my fourth child 'it's your pet, name it what you want'. I am not advocating conformity, I'm advocating that names maybe have a meaning and are something that the namee can be proud of down the track. Also, preferably that they are spelled correctly, unlike the example I gave above. I love an interesting name. I love names that tell a story. I may not have expressed myself well with the 'mary' and 'john' examples. The boredom of being in a classroom with 5 peers that share your first name, doesn't escape me, believe me. 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, queenjen said:

As my brother said to me when naming my fourth child 'it's your pet, name it what you want'. I am not advocating conformity, I'm advocating that names maybe have a meaning and are something that the namee can be proud of down the track. Also, preferably that they are spelled correctly, unlike the example I gave above. I love an interesting name. I love names that tell a story. I may not have expressed myself well with the 'mary' and 'john' examples. The boredom of being in a classroom with 5 peers that share your first name, doesn't escape me, believe me. 

Where do you think meanings came from?  Someone made them up just like someone made up the names Mary and John.  Just because you don't care for certain names doesn't mean people who have those names aren't proud of them.  The "correct" spelling of a name is the one that whoever names the child chooses to give.  I don't like the idea of people trying to shame others for their names because they are unique or spelled creatively.   If you will google the names you used as examples of "non-traditional" names, you'll see that they are defined names from different cultures, variations of names with slightly different spellings and/or derived from names that are Muslim, Arabic, Hindu and French in origin.  Does that make it better now because they were not created by Americans and/or black Americans?

As far as the name "Block", it's nickname.  His birth name is Russell

• Love 6

Any thoughts or feelings I have about anyone's names, I keep to myself IRL. I don't think much, if any, googling of anything was going on with the names of some of my students. Most of them were named for someone from the tv, from a culture not their own. Names are powerful and they're with you for life and you pretty much get what you're given, which is sad for some of the kids I was dealing with. I never commented about 'Block', I assumed that was either a nickname or a name he'd devised for himself. I've had a kid called Montana, who had no idea it was a state in the US. Same with Dakota. There's something about this that troubles me. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Kandi was on the Wendy Williams show and stated that Bravo surprised her.

Even if Bravo/production did this without Kandi's knowledge/approval, she still talked about it on camera and she did not have to. All she had to do is point blank say she was not going to discuss this on camera to production, instead we see her have a "talk" with Riley on camera, then she talks about it with Cynthia and then her mother, so she chose to participate in this. No matter how she spins this, she was not forced to do this, she had the control, not production.

We have seen Kandi discuss Riley's father with her on camera and there was not an outrage at that point. Why is there now a discussion of Kandi being in collusion with Bravo when he actually pops up to collect his check? No matter what she has in her pockets now she still doesn't control what Bravo airs or who they film.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

We have seen Kandi discuss Riley's father with her on camera and there was not an outrage at that point. Why is there now a discussion of Kandi being in collusion with Bravo when he actually pops up to collect his check? No matter what she has in her pockets now she still doesn't control what Bravo airs or who they film.

Because now she's actually filming wih the girlfriend and presumably it is a storyline for his year?  

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, sunsheyen said:

I may have missed it but I don't remember Kandi and Riley ever talk about Riley's dad. Kandi has briefly talked about it with Joyce but she didn't go into detail. Of course Kandi can't control who Bravo hires/bring on the show but she has discretion over what she talks about on the show, no one forces her, or any of them, what to talk about. Kandi could have easily said no to production, especially talking about Block Head on camera with Riley.

16 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

It might be Kandi's way of doing damage control. Since Bravo will be using Blockhead and Thirsty Girlfriend no matter what, this might be Kandi's way of presenting her side of the story.

Ok, but she could have done that without discussing it with Riley on camera. That is the part that bothers me the most, discussing something this private with Riley on camera.

Kandi absolutely has discussed Riley's father with her on television before - they aired a clip of it, in fact.  Riley said something to the effect of not caring whether her father ever became a part of her life and Kandi cried and said it made her sad to hear that.

For good or ill, Riley's mother is famous (and her father is trying to be famous).  Riley's life is lived (in part) on camera.  Her entire life has been fodder for tabloids.  I can't make Kandi's choices as Riley's mother but I do think there is something to be said for getting her side of the story out there to refute that blatant lies Block is telling and I think Riley is old enough to decide how she feels and to speak for herself.  My daughter is close to Riley's age (13) and she is quite clear about her feelings where her father is concerned.  My daughter isn't on television, of course, but I could see her wanting to make sure her POV was represented.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, AndySmith said:

It might be Kandi's way of doing damage control. Since Bravo will be using Blockhead and Thirsty Girlfriend no matter what, this might be Kandi's way of presenting her side of the story.

Bingo! Kandi didn't expect the backlash, now she's got it and she's trying to say she had no clue what was happening. Just my opinion, but knowing that they get call sheets ahead of time, with an outline of what's happening.... she knew. They all know what's going down, that's what they are paid for. To bring drama.

• Love 1

I think I (almost) understand Mama Joyce now, Kandi has not always picked the most suitable boyfriends, Block Head, the fiancé from the first season (who was gunned down) so Joyce is ultra suspicious of anyone sniffing around her daughter, Todd just happens to be a decent person but Joyce will forever be watching him closely, she has seen her daughter hurt so now I (almost) admire MJ for trying to protect Kandi by trying to scare off men from her.  Except for the fact that MJ has always been a money grubbing woman she is doing her job as a mother, (if you squint real hard you can see it, lol).

7 hours ago, Talented Tenth said:

Traditional to whom?  Presumably, every parent names their children names that they think are nice, beautiful names.  Unless they are names that have negative meanings or have parts of words in them that are negative, who is anyone else to ridicule, condemn and/or insult someone's name?  Every name under the sun was made up and a meaning was applied.  Names don't fall out of the sky with a definition attached.  Do we need 10 million more Marys and Johns?  It's a slippery slope to encourage conformity.  There's nothing wrong with people being creative and unique.

But we KNOW we have a large segment of black folks who just outright make up names, sometimes seemingly based on a combination of syllables and vowels that sound interesting to them. And let's mention all the folks who can't spell and now have children labeled as coming from an imbecile. Not a cute or pride inspiring legacy.

• Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:46 PM, queenjen said:

I don't believe for a minute that she sat for 8 hours in a car with Matt from Atlanta to Cincinnati.

I think it's less than that. I vaguely remember my parents driving to Cleveland and it taking less time from north of Atlanta to get there.

1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

But we KNOW we have a large segment of black folks who just outright make up names, sometimes seemingly based on a combination of syllables and vowels that sound interesting to them. And let's mention all the folks who can't spell and now have children labeled as coming from an imbecile. Not a cute or pride inspiring legacy.

Every name was made up.  Every name was once a bunch of syllables that meant nothing.  Until someone attached those syllables to a person and said "These syllables now represent a human being".  That's how words work.  

The dominant culture gets to decide what's "mainstream".  That's the only reason why Michael is more "acceptable" than Dontravious or whatever.  I come from a Black family.  From a long line of Black people.  I am proud of that.  I am not ashamed that some Black people name their kids things I wouldn't choose for mine.  So?  I'm sure the person who chose it found it lovely.  There's nothing better about Robert than Rashad.  Nothing classier about Tyler than Tynesha, other than that we've been told it's so.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Iguessnot said:

Yeah girl we know, but that's some in the house by ourselves talk.    Let company say we picking out crazy fictional names.  Mama finna be like: 

43f28c080192d096423da64c4e7974ac.jpg

because not only are there two apostrophes, but you're gone put some respeck on it when you say it.   Thanks.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, SistaLadybug said:

Every name was made up.  Every name was once a bunch of syllables that meant nothing.  Until someone attached those syllables to a person and said "These syllables now represent a human being".  That's how words work.  

The dominant culture gets to decide what's "mainstream".  That's the only reason why Michael is more "acceptable" than Dontravious or whatever.  I come from a Black family.  From a long line of Black people.  I am proud of that.  I am not ashamed that some Black people name their kids things I wouldn't choose for mine.  So?  I'm sure the person who chose it found it lovely.  There's nothing better about Robert than Rashad.  Nothing classier about Tyler than Tynesha, other than that we've been told it's so.

There's no problem with names outside the mainstream culture. But there's a whole lot of naming foolishness out there.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Yeah girl we know, but that's some in the house by ourselves talk.    Let company say we picking out crazy fictional names.  Mama finna be like: 

43f28c080192d096423da64c4e7974ac.jpg

because not only are there two apostrophes, but you're gone put some respeck on it when you say it.   Thanks.

I'm gonna go hang out with Pookie and 'em.

• Love 1

Yeah girl we know, but that's some in the house by ourselves talk

With that said, as an Arab, I do raise an eyebrow on occasion when our names get spelled or pronounced...interestingly. Lord knows Kairo gets a chuckle out of me. Maybe I should name my son Londun or Washyngton...

• Love 4

I was visiting my home country years ago and I got paged in a grocery store.  I was like what?  who even knows I'm here to page me?  Got to the front of the store and said my name and the manager said she was just here.   In ny/nj I'm forever spelling my name but in Johannesburg?  it might as well be Jane Smith. 

5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Bingo! Kandi didn't expect the backlash, now she's got it and she's trying to say she had no clue what was happening. Just my opinion, but knowing that they get call sheets ahead of time, with an outline of what's happening.... she knew. They all know what's going down, that's what they are paid for. To bring drama.

I don't think we can assume that Kandi got a call sheet indicating that the girlfriend or Block was going to show up. We know that production will sometimes give the cast different call times just to cause problems. I know that a Vanderpump Rules producer has talked about the Miami girl confrontation and that Tom Sandoval was not told that Miami girl would be there. I wouldn't put it past the producers to just leave key details off of the call sheets in order to maintain the element of surprise.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I don't think we can assume that Kandi got a call sheet indicating that the girlfriend or Block was going to show up. We know that production will sometimes give the cast different call times just to cause problems. I know that a Vanderpump Rules producer has talked about the Miami girl confrontation and that Tom Sandoval was not told that Miami girl would be there. I wouldn't put it past the producers to just leave key details off of the call sheets in order to maintain the element of surprise.

If they did, and she didn't say "stop, this isn't going to happen to my child on national TV" then it is still on her. I personally think she thought it was a good idea when they discussed her storyline for the season.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, cooksdelight said:

If they did, and she didn't say "stop, this isn't going to happen to my child on national TV" then it is still on her. I personally think she thought it was a good idea when they discussed her storyline for the season.

Right! Call sheet or not, Kandi went along with this storyline and any backlash is on her.

14 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I may have missed it but I don't remember Kandi and Riley ever talk about Riley's dad. Kandi has briefly talked about it with Joyce but she didn't go into detail.

When Kandi first joined the show they had a segment where she's talking to Riley about going to visit her dad and Riley tells her that she doesn't really care to have a dad, or something like that.  I remember thinking out loud, "Ouch" for the father.  Now I see why Riley felt the way she did and she was much younger then.  As far as Kandi ok-ing this story line, I think maybe she tentatively agreed in order to finally have Riley's dad in her life but I don't think she was banking on him acting like a complete and utter douchebag.

• Love 5

I don't have a problem with the Block mess being featured. Riley seems (and always has) mature and thoughtful. Sometimes, she's shown more sense than the adults on the show. It's not like this is his first time rejecting her or playing this game and she seems pretty over it, and maybe like @AndySmith said, this is her way of getting the message through to him that she doesn't want to be involved with him. It also documents his trifling behavior so that he won't ever be able to lie about his involvement or ability to contact them again. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Right! Call sheet or not, Kandi went along with this storyline and any backlash is on her.

I'm not sure how much "she went along with the storyline" there is. My understanding about the housewives contracts are that when you sign them you agree to film x number of times over the course of the season. I think there is also specific language that requires you to acknowledge that at least one or more of those film sessions may occur out of the country. As such, these ladies don't get to say I'm not going to attend x until after they have completed their contractually agreed upon appearances. That's why you see women continue to show up in out of the way locales with strange non-HW friends when something has jumped off. That is also why "boring" cast members with "boring" storylines don't get dropped mid-season. The determination as to whether you'll be asked to participate in a particular scene is all up to production, and until you have completed your contractual requirement (which is separate from the requirements for THs), you have to show or be considered in breach of contract.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:39 PM, Sheenieb said:

Yes, but, I think Phaedra's thing is that she was married. Married to a no account ass dude, but married nonetheless. She didn't come to the table with baggage. This guy is young, fine, imo, and has two teenage kids already? Um...

But on a serious note, I don't think Porsha wants that, either. Deep down she's probably very traditional, but puts on this single gal on the town act.

Kenya, and Phaedra  just need to relax , stop acting so desperate.  I know Kenya feels her time is running out, Seriously , if I wanted a child that bad, I would just have one, forget a husband. That's just me talking because I know Kenya desires the whole package, but if you can't have the package then do what you need to do to make it happen Geesh !  Porsha is just jealous of her sister  Lauren and she need to keep it real because she doesn't desire marriage.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

I'm not sure how much "she went along with the storyline" there is. My understanding about the housewives contracts are that when you sign them you agree to film x number of times over the course of the season. I think there is also specific language that requires you to acknowledge that at least one or more of those film sessions may occur out of the country. As such, these ladies don't get to say I'm not going to attend x until after they have completed their contractually agreed upon appearances. That's why you see women continue to show up in out of the way locales with strange non-HW friends when something has jumped off. That is also why "boring" cast members with "boring" storylines don't get dropped mid-season. The determination as to whether you'll be asked to participate in a particular scene is all up to production, and until you have completed your contractual requirement (which is separate from the requirements for THs), you have to show or be considered in breach of contract.

I understand that, what I was referring about was her/Riley's conversation about Block Head. Kandi has the right to refuse discussing it on camera.

The thing is, why not discuss it? They've done so in the past (kandi/riley), and instead of having only his one sided account of the situation, why not have the MAIN party voice her opinion? I think that was a good move. Ultimately it's not about Kandi or Block, it's Riley. She deserves to have her voice heard. Kudos to Kandi for not trying to force a relationship which I know some moms (myself included) have been guilty of, but allowing Riley the agency to act for herself. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sunsheyen said:

The thing is, why not discuss it? They've done so in the past (kandi/riley), and instead of having only his one sided account of the situation, why not have the MAIN party voice her opinion? I think that was a good move. Ultimately it's not about Kandi or Block, it's Riley. She deserves to have her voice heard. Kudos to Kandi for not trying to force a relationship which I know some moms (myself included) have been guilty of, but allowing Riley the agency to act for herself. 

Riley is a kid, no matter how "mature" people think she is, she is still a child and Kandi needs to protect her privacy as much as possible. Teenagers are prone to change their minds in seconds and what Riley says now may not be how she feels next week, next month or next year but her words are now public record, something they should not be. Hell, Kandi knows how things change, she only reconnected with her own father not all that long ago. I just don't think it is a good idea for Kandi to allow Riley to talk about it on camera, in private....Yes, on camera for the show, NO!

Edited by WireWrap

Ehh, Kandi knows Riley better than we ever will. It's up to her to parent her and decide with her how her story gets told. Riley has been making it clear (onscreen to us) for minimum 8 years that she wants nothing to do with Block. Gotta respect that. How fair is it to her to let this fool and his girlfriend get onscreen and lie about how Riley ignores him and wants him to chase her and how he's been this try hard dude? I'd rather she had her voice. Once Block came on spewing that shit, Riley's privacy was gone anyway, why not let her side be shown? It's not like Kandi not letting her be on the show would have stopped Bravo from airing him. He was basically trying to drag Riley as well. As a mom, I'm damn sure letting my kid have her say about this sorry fuck. It's not like the audience never knew who Riley was or there would have been any anonymity for her anyway once this man came on talking about Kandi's teen daughter. I'd never have my child shut up in the face of some dog ass deadbeat.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Riley is a kid, no matter how "mature" people think she is, she is still a child and Kandi needs to protect her privacy as much as possible. Teenagers are prone to change their minds in seconds and what Riley says now may not be how she feels next week, next month or next year but her words are now public record, something they should not be. Hell, Kandi knows how things change, she only reconnected with her own father not all that long ago. I just don't think it is a good idea for Kandi to allow Riley to talk about it on camera, in private....Yes, on camera for the show, NO!

Once you sign on to a "reality " show. everything basically becomes fair game. There are so many things that I feel should remain private but they become fodder for the public anyway  Cameras following you around basically 24 hours a day, can be overwhelming and your real life drama is subject to be caught  at anytime.  It is my understanding that the cast does not get to see the footage before it airs., Bravo basically chooses to show want whatever it wants . Maybe Kandi should have asked that the scenes involving her daughter be edited since she is now having regrets about it, however I am not sure if it would have made a difference .  

8 minutes ago, byrd said:

Once you sign on to a "reality " show. everything basically becomes fair game. There are so many things that I feel should remain private but they become fodder for the public anyway  Cameras following you around basically 24 hours a day, can be overwhelming and your real life drama is subject to be caught  at anytime.  It is my understanding that the cast does not get to see the footage before it airs., Bravo basically chooses to show want whatever it wants . Maybe Kandi should have asked that the scenes involving her daughter be edited since she is now having regrets about it, however I am not sure if it would have made a difference .  

The cameras do not film 24/7, they have set filming times. It is true that none of the HWs see the footage/show until a week before it airs but they are not forced to talk about everything going on in their lives. Kandi allowed Bravo to film her talking to Riley about Block Head and she didn't have to do that on camera, she really didn't. I am old school, I believe in protecting children's privacy but sadly, many Bravo HWs use their minor kids (pain/emotion) as part of their own storyline and I think they are wrong to do it.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

The cameras do not film 24/7, they have set filming times. It is true that none of the HWs see the footage/show until a week before it airs but they are not forced to talk about everything going on in their lives. Kandi allowed Bravo to film her talking to Riley about Block Head and she didn't have to do that on camera, she really didn't. I am old school, I believe in protecting children's privacy but sadly, many Bravo HWs use their minor kids (pain/emotion) as part of their own storyline and I think they are wrong to do it.

Ok thank you , I am sure there are set filming time, I just meant that  you can never predict what will happen at any given time. To control what happening at the moment can be quite challenging.

27 minutes ago, byrd said:

Ok thank you , I am sure there are set filming time, I just meant that  you can never predict what will happen at any given time. To control what happening at the moment can be quite challenging.

Yes, it can be challenging but Kandi is a pro. She knows how this works, she knows Andy/Bravo/production would not force her to talk with Riley about this on camera, that decision was/is Kandi's to make and Kandi is the one that brought the subject matter up on camera to Riley. Even if Riley wanted to do it, that doesn't mean she should or that it was a good decision by a 14 year old hormonal child and it is Kandi's job as her parent to protect Riley as much as possible. IMO, she, Kandi, made a big mistake. But, it is now water under the bridge. LOL

On 11/27/2016 at 11:01 AM, sasha206 said:

Absolutely, this is so lame of her.   It's one thing for a rookie with no leverage  to whore it out for production, But Kandi is arguably their greatest asset in the cast currently, has other storylines along with a scandal brewing with Porscha we see later,  so this is ridiculous.

She should have locked herself in a room  refusing to film if it was really an ambush but i'm guessing it was greed. Based on tamras contract that leaked, custody/kid drama comes with a bonus so that's all I can think of. 

• Love 1
On 11/29/2016 at 11:10 AM, WireWrap said:

Even if Bravo/production did this without Kandi's knowledge/approval, she still talked about it on camera and she did not have to. All she had to do is point blank say she was not going to discuss this on camera to production, instead we see her have a "talk" with Riley on camera, then she talks about it with Cynthia and then her mother, so she chose to participate in this. No matter how she spins this, she was not forced to do this, she had the control, not production.

Exactly. I always think of an interview I heard with Caroline where she said if there was something she wouldn't play ball with on camera she'd go mute and start wiping counters LOL. they get the picture and have to move on.  It comes down to leverage and what you can and can't say no to and still get another year.. (or some shame.. jk .. contract) ha

Edited by Inspectabecky
Tired typing
  • Love 1