Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: Ghosts Of Boyfriends Past

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Sheree's ex got kicked in the head during his football days one too many times. God, he's disgusting and a lil' bit slow. All sweaty, constantly with the sexual innuendo's and touching.  As far as I'm concerned, if a man refuses to pay child support, there are no second chances, ever. He's a piece of shit and I hope Sheree is only trying to get along with him for the sake of her kids.

I'm not sure Bob didn't pay child support. AFAIK Sheree went wild with the settlement, didn't sell off the house as she was supposed to, and then attempted to return to the well for more money. Even an honest man would balk at Sheree being the gatekeeper of funds to the children.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, FlyingEgret said:

Did anyone catch Sheree's explanation re the title of her Chateau?  I think she was trying to laugh off Kenya's accusation that the house was in her mother's name but admitted it wasn't in her own name and was in fact owned by a trust.  Makes me think Kenya is on to something - how dare Sheree do that to me...

I'm not surprised at all. I remember Sherre has a long history of bilking her creditors.

3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I think Sheree's ex got kicked in the head during his football days one too many times. God, he's disgusting and a lil' bit slow. All sweaty, constantly with the sexual innuendo's and touching.  As far as I'm concerned, if a man refuses to pay child support, there are no second chances, ever. He's a piece of shit and I hope Sheree is only trying to get along with him for the sake of her kids.

I thought Bob paid child support but Sheree blew it all and took him to court b/c she thought she deserved more?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Phaedra and Porsha are so annoying together. All the yelling, screeching and laughing is so juvenile.  They better go to the park on the regular and get some exercise. They have both chunked out from the waist down. I'm not calling it thick, I'm calling it fat.

Kenya- there is a 15 yr. age gap there. It's not gonna work. He's in it for his 15 minutes and your money. She has really bad judgement when it comes to men.  

Yes, does Phaedra have anything going on? Well, we know she does IRL, and the fact that all we are getting are crappy scenes with her and Portia attests to Phaedra's unwillingness to be authentic on a reality show. This never goes down well with viewers, and I believe the producers are also unhappy about hos across the franchises that are, or become unwilling to, share their actual lives. These women don't tend to last. And the whole 'fix it jesus, whoo, CHILE' scthick from shady Phaedra is becoming very very tired. And WHAT in the name of all that is holy anyway, was with that blousiest of blouses that Phaedra had on in her TH? (fix it, jesus!). Tamara Tattles has gone very deep in particular with the cast of Atlanta. Comparing the versions of themselves from this, (and other sites) with what we are shown on RHOA...cognitive dissonance. Which takes me to my pet peeve...Kenya

Kenya blasted Matt on social media for his aggressiveness and his meltdown in Mexico that led to her broken phone etc. The relationship was off before this season began. So why are we being hauled down the garden path of Kenya's delusions yet again with respect to men? We're not stupid. I've lost count, but isn't this the third fake romance from Kenya? Beginning with Walter? Kenya is a dangerous instigator, but if Matt did indeed get as physical as she claimed he did, there is no excuse, NONE, for her continuing a relationship with him or worse, for faking it when we all know she claims he has been violent and we've seen the footage of his window kicking etc. This sends a really irresponsible message to viewers around domestic violence and it certainly makes me extremely uncomfortable. Kenya is another one who appears to be 'acting' in a reality tv show as opposed to sharing her actual life. I don't believe for a minute that she sat for 8 hours in a car with Matt from Atlanta to Cincinnati. She and Portia have more in common than Kenya will ever admit, though she represents herself as being superior to Portia every chance she gets. Portia's 'relationship' with this Todd guy is equally deluded and fundamentally driven by the same thirst: to conceive a child. Both of them should stick to adopting pets at this point, unless they are prepared to go it alone and visit a sperm bank. That would be a safer and more authentic story line for those two. I can't understand why this option is not being considered?

The theme of this episode was 'Block'. From the visit from Riley's biological father's girlfriend to Kandi's OLG Block party to Kenya's disturbingly blocky arse. Which is beginning to resemble Kenya's increasingly blocky face and blockheaded delusions.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

I thought Bob paid child support but Sheree blew it all and took him to court b/c she thought she deserved more?

She got a divorce settlement. She thought she was going to get millions, according to her, he screwed her royally and she wound up with very little. As far as child support, they had a big fight about it on camera, she said he wasn't paying his court ordered support, he didn't deny it and then she threw water in his face. Good times. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4

I've always felt that the hallmark of a friendship with Phaedra is the ability to ignore her fakeness. I really feel like the original reason that Phaedra chose to reciprocate a friendship was Kandi never questioned Phaedra's ridiculous assertion that Ayden was full term at 6 and a half months. Everyone else called it foolishness and Phaedra was various degrees of frostiness with them. Kandi just shrugged and shook it off and they became fast friends.

• Love 6

From what I've read, Sheree's child support issues and divorce have been complicated and needlessly protracted by her. She has lost a lot of money that could have been used for supporting her children by pursuing idiotic legal challenges all the way to the supreme court. I automatically had sympathy for Sheree also, with the child support issue. Tamara Tattles (again!) is a wonderful source for the real dirt on Sheree, and has also personally been sued by Sheree! Sheree lost that one also. I'd link to Tamara Tattles, but I am not able to do anything as complicated as that on this machine.

Sheree has moved the ownership of her 'chateau' from family name to family name, in order to avoid paying someone something. Bob is apparently involved in a relationship with someone else at the moment, so why we are expected to put up with the Bob/Sheree reconciliation story line is one of Bravo's glorious mysteries. It's never going to happen. One thing I did find interesting in this episode was Bob's comment about moving in with Sheree. Into the Chateau, specifically. Bob is apparently a very clever man and I'd be betting that there is maybe some ulterior motive (beyond access to Sheree's body) going on with that. Maybe some kind of legal thing. Possession is nine tenths of the law, as they say, and Sheree has spent forever trying to get what she can from Bob and their marriage.

Believe me, I'd be the last person taking Bob's side on this issue, but Sheree has pulled some ridiculous stunts that have needlessly negatively impacted her children. Remember the scene in the townhouse seasons ago, where there appears to be an air mattress on the floor and an empty space on the wall and cables on the floor in Cairo's room? The episode before there was furniture and electronics. I think this was when Sheree had to pay Phaedra money for representing her, which she only did at the last minute (although that courtroom scene was apparently completely fake). I don't understand why Sheree has been asked back. Maybe for the blatant hubris and her ability to take her delusion to such an extent. She will lose that place, she won't be able to afford to furnish, heat or cool it!

11 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I've always felt that the hallmark of a friendship with Phaedra is the ability to ignore her fakeness. I really feel like the original reason that Phaedra chose to reciprocate a friendship was Kandi never questioned Phaedra's ridiculous assertion that Ayden was full term at 6 and a half months. Everyone else called it foolishness and Phaedra was various degrees of frostiness with them. Kandi just shrugged and shook it off and they became fast friends.

I've never really worked out the issue with Ayden's dates. I remember it being an issue for Phaedra though! So, what was being implied? That Apollo is not Ayden's father? Please dish and I'm sorry if this has already been discussed endlessly, I've never found out. No one likes being out of the loop!!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, queenjen said:

I've never really worked out the issue with Ayden's dates. I remember it being an issue for Phaedra though! So, what was being implied? That Apollo is not Ayden's father? Please dish and I'm sorry if this has already been discussed endlessly, I've never found out. No one likes being out of the loop!!

Claiming that Adyen was full term at 6 1/2 months was Phaedra's attempt say (lie) that she didn't get pregnant before they were married! LOL

• Love 12

Apollo is almost certainly Ayden's father, but Phaedra was ridiculous in trying act like she wasn't pregnant when she got married. Kandi was the only one who didn't call Phaedra's lie straight foolishness. It was such foolishness that Kim Zolciak dusted off her LVN degree to give voice to how dumb Phaedra's lie was. Phaedra even tried go get her Ob/Gyn to confirm her lie as she was getting wheeled into the delivery room. She was like "doctor, my baby is growing so fast and big that we need to get him out at 6 and a half months." The doctor responds "no, you're giving birth at 40 weeks like all other pregnancies."

• Love 18

Oh, good grief! Is that all? I guess she is the daughter of preachers. One thing I will say about Phaedra: her children are gorgeous and so well behaved. So someone is parenting really well. I guess that the benchmark is not very high though, when I'm comparing them to the revoltingly behaved Gorga spawn and their parentally approved attention seeking nonsense. Most of the kids of hos annoy me to various degrees due to their parents, though. And I don't like the airtime being devoted overly much to the kids. Cannot bear Brianna and her family on OC, for example. I do like the attention to the family dynamics over the franchises and I really think they have moved too far away from the original concept. Especially with OC, and as a result, we are seeing the focus shifting to some disgraceful and pretty tiresome behavior. Atlanta is at the forefront for this also. I'm could really care less about this manufactured idiocy between Kenya and Sheree and their 'mansions'. Sigh.

• Love 1

Yeah, I think it was always about Phaedra trying to sell the story that she was engaged before getting pregnant.

Anyway, here is a funny scene from back in the day about that issue. As if Cynthia's balcony didn't have enough shade...

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 2

Thankyou AndySmith! That was indeed a hoot to rewatch! You'd hardly recognise these as the same women: Phaedra has really overhauled her image. She's gone from an almost Tammy Faye Bakker/virgin birth to THOTville. I clearly got the message that Phaedra didn't want to cop to her birth date, I just didn't know her motivation. And I also noticed that we don't see them eat like this anymore. Phaedra was chewing as she was speaking here, something I'd rather not go through again. I think the women on these franchises now realise that eating and speaking on camera is a big no no. 

Mama Joyce seems off and on with her image as well. Sheree is now rocking the hairstyle Mama Joyce is rocking in this video from ?? seasons ago? I don't understand why Joyce keeps going back to that pageboy, it's not a good look for her. Better than the godawful perm she had very early on, though. I see we are going to have to endure Joyce again next episode, that woman is either demented or shamelessly thirsty or drunk sometimes. I'll never forget her going in on Todd with that mangled 'ain't no mountain high enough' speechifying. Bravo really needs to limit the oxygen they give this woman. However, after seeing the nastiness that is 'Block' for the first time this episode, some props need to be extended to Joyce for Kandi and Riley. Those women have stuck together and they are successful. 

• Love 3

Random thoughts...

Who names their child Block?  

Was Sheree between weaves wearing that awful Joyce wig?

I still can't stand Kandi's office furniture or the crazy I Dream of Jeanie TH look.  They need a Jeff Lewis crossover.

Bob's smoothie was pure sugar and sweat.  Gross.

Edited by Forcereals
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2016 at 10:21 PM, Marley said:

Wow Block seems like a total loser. Lol at his tattoo too.

Phaedra lecturing Porsha on who to have a baby with made me lmao. Someone who hooks up with a guy fresh out of jail and pretty much instantly has a kid with him should not be giving advice on being a baby mama. Then when she told Porsha to run cause the guy has 2 kids? Um how many kids do you have Phaedra? Lol.

Hopefully, it's because she has learned from her experience and wants to spare Porsha more of the same.

I thought Porsha's ex seemed like a really nice guy. Definitely has more on the ball than she does.

• Love 4

Dear Bravo: You screwed up again! Recycling an old storyline because you can't find anything for Porsha to do. You had her babysitting kids in her first season and she almost lost her mind. She is in need of someone to care of her, not the other way around.

Learning about Sheree's situation with the house, I am wondering to myself... would Bravo bring her back in order to get her in trouble?? Cause she can't keep her trap shut, as we saw countless times.

• Love 2
On 11/20/2016 at 10:21 PM, Marley said:

Wow Block seems like a total loser. Lol at his tattoo too.

Phaedra lecturing Porsha on who to have a baby with made me lmao. Someone who hooks up with a guy fresh out of jail and pretty much instantly has a kid with him should not be giving advice on being a baby mama. Then when she told Porsha to run cause the guy has 2 kids? Um how many kids do you have Phaedra? Lol.

I saw that as more of a warning than advice. I agree with Phaedra. 14 & 16 is not "almost grown" and she didn't say whether or not both kids had the same mother so she would be Momma #3 with no signs of him giving up having more. Then to deny her kid a father is just beyond any other dumb shit she has said. At least Phaedra TRIES to keep Apollo in the life of her children. I think it's a BIG difference between a loving caring mother whom circumstances has dictated she cares for her kids alone than some fool just running around making babies because he has the equipment.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

LOL, I hope that's not his given name. 

Because we were talking about all of the men that Cynthia passed on before she married broke ass Peter, I looked up Jayson Williams and his ex-wife Tanya. They named their kids Tryumph and Whizdom.

• Love 2
On 11/21/2016 at 6:42 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Poor Riley..... a father sperm donor who doesn't want anything to do with her, gets grumpy when anyone asserts that he should.... AND she has to have it aired and dissected on international tv and social media.

❤️?❤️Hugs for Riley

Hear hear. 

Cheap drama at the expense of a child. VERY low from Bravo.

As mercenary as Kandi might be when it comes to chasing coins, there is nothing in this show that has ever given the indication that she would sacrifice the health (mental and emotional) of her child for a dollar. So I don't see Kandi saying "my storyline this year can be dealing with Riley's deadbeat dad". However, having heard from said deadbeat, I can completely see him going to Bravo and saying "either I get included in the show or I won't give my permission for Riley to participate" and Kandi feeling backed into a corner but taking the "perhaps it will result in Riley having some sort of relationship with that dude" approach. After all she's been shown to have absolutely no willingness to stand up to those folks in her life that steamroll over her feelings - and that goes all the way back to AJ.

• Love 3

Yea, I don't see Kandi intentionally using it as a storyline either. They've already got stuff going on without this mess. Ace's new line, the restaurant construction. Just daily life with a new baby is entertaining for many. I can see her being pressured by Bravo and Lock. Time will tell how major or minimal this storyline will be anyhow. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

As mercenary as Kandi might be when it comes to chasing coins, there is nothing in this show that has ever given the indication that she would sacrifice the health (mental and emotional) of her child for a dollar. So I don't see Kandi saying "my storyline this year can be dealing with Riley's deadbeat dad". However, having heard from said deadbeat, I can completely see him going to Bravo and saying "either I get included in the show or I won't give my permission for Riley to participate" and Kandi feeling backed into a corner but taking the "perhaps it will result in Riley having some sort of relationship with that dude" approach. After all she's been shown to have absolutely no willingness to stand up to those folks in her life that steamroll over her feelings - and that goes all the way back to AJ.

I'm blaming the producers at Bravo, not Kandi. I don't think she knew what was planned.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I homeschool and in one of my groups on FB a mom has a - Serenity, Destiny, and Charisma. At least they're all spelled correctly? 

I kid you not Ghoulina, there was a kid at the school my son went to briefly who was named 'Payshense'. I teach high school, and there are a plethora of Latoyas, Shakiras, Shaquendras, Latieshas, Shyams, and...Ethans. I also had a 'Shaquille' and it belonged to the biggest cornfed white boy in the room. Taught me not to 'profile' subconsciously, that's for sure. But seriously, what is wrong with traditional meaningful names? Especially in Australia, ffs, where I am.  I have never had a 'Mary', for example, or a 'John'. I get that these are somewhat boring, but kids are humans, not pets. I remember hearing of a woman in New Zealand who named her twins 'Benson' and 'Hedges'! At least Phaedra gave her boys serious names and then played with 'Mr President' and 'The Prince'. It's the decline of Western Civilization, I tell you!

PS. Speaking of New Zealand, the RH of Auckland...my biggest hope is that this airs in the States soon. Because there is a racial slur so horrendous that it needs to be viralized as only the commentators here can achieve. The woman involved, Julia, or 'Racist Orc Nosed Julia' as I refer to her, should be publicly shamed and should also have been sacked immediately. If this had occurred in the RHOA, the whole country would have been buzzing the next day. 

• Love 5
On 11/21/2016 at 3:59 PM, Iguessnot said:

I'm not sure Bob didn't pay child support. AFAIK Sheree went wild with the settlement, didn't sell off the house as she was supposed to, and then attempted to return to the well for more money. Even an honest man would balk at Sheree being the gatekeeper of funds to the children.

I remember checking out this story at the time,  because I couldn't believe anyone as wealthy and spotlighted as Bob could get away with not paying child support. I found articles mentioning Sheree had not vacated the house as she was supposed to, and wasn't cooperating in the least. What went on on camera didn't bear any resemblance to the truth, as I recall.

Regarding Kandi, I don't think she is the type of mom who would force her daughter to be on camera discussing her "dad." Perhaps this was Riley's opportunity to tell him how she  feels without any direct confrontation. I'd want to read him without having to see him, too.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Because we were talking about all of the men that Cynthia passed on before she married broke ass Peter, I looked up Jayson Williams and his ex-wife Tanya. They named their kids Tryumph and Whizdom.

• Love 3

Love it, Petunia13, and Sheree managed to mangle this and I now have it as an earworm! When I read HunterHunted's post, I also immediately got a visual of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog from Conan O'Brien, maybe because he appeared with the RHOA? I can't recall where I saw that, it wasn't part of an actual episode, I don't think. Worth looking up, because the hos were actually gracious about having the p**s taken out of them, even Kenya, which surprised me. I didn't think anything Kenya did could endear her to me! I'm going to try and link it, here we go....and OMG I did it! I'm useless with tech stuff!

• Love 3

Speaking of Ghosts of Boyfriends Past...I'm watching the first season of Married to Medicine. In the season finale, Toyah has an opening party for Nomad, her husband's business. Kandy is one of the invitees and a special guest. She only appears for a second, but when I froze it, there was Todd! This aired May 2013. do the dates add up??? When were Kandi and Todd an 'out' item?

I also spotted Todd, btw, before Kandi and he were together, in the background in a cafe when Kandi was meeting with the woman who designed her sex toys for Kandi Koated whatever. I remember thinking, what the hell? Why would you be testing sex toy prototypes in a public place? And production made sure they panned across the  'public' eating at the cafe, making sure they caught some funny looks from what are supposed to be regulars who happen to be there. Well, no. I guess Todd at the time was in the production crew, and they must have just booked the whole place out for the hour and stocked it with their own production team pretending to be regulars,  while Kandy and her business partner dropped vibrators in glasses of water etc. and waved dildos around (happiness and joy, I think Kandi named one of them?). Love these fourth wall breaches!

On 11/22/2016 at 9:57 PM, queenjen said:

But seriously, what is wrong with traditional meaningful names?

Who's tradition? 

I get what you're saying, somewhat.  But I have an issue with those who think names like "Mary" and "John" are better because they sound more Anglo Saxon. 

One of the things I like about this show is that the women don't look botoxed and liposuctioned to death.  Sometimes I think people have become accustomed to seeing fake bodies on TV, that when we see a real body, we freak out and call it "fat."  I think about someone like Serena Williams; she's not skinny, but I certainly wouldn't call her obese, or fat, she's probably in better shape than many thin people. 

• Love 13

One of the things I like about this show is that the women don't look botoxed and liposuctioned to death.

But the fake boobs and fake butts really freak me out.

Cynthia is the only one who still looks real, and I've seen people making fun of her because of her lines or wrinkles. Please... I'd love to have her looks.

• Love 3

I was in the Atlanta airport last night and like a fool I kept looking for a housewife!  Saw none.  

Why didn't Kenya tell Hallison (really?) to not worry about her and Matt's relationship and to let them figure out what is best for them?  Camera time for Matt's family equals paycheck?

I guess I am naive because I cannot believe Bravo decided to spring this "surprise" storyline on Kandi. I am in even more disbelief that Kandi apparently decided to run with it? Kandi has had such a strong working relationship with Bravo and this production company for nearly a decade and to essentially be punked by them seems really low. If I were Kandi, I would not be playing ball. I would be like, "Oh, you want to spring my baby daddy on me? Watch me stay at home and play chess for the rest of the season!" The whole thing just feels so low and sleazy.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Kenya looked horrible in her overly tight workout wear.  

Amen.

I think Porsha, even with bad implants, still looks fabulous.  The rest of them look awful, even the previously flawless Cynthia.  Peter put her through hell and back because she looks mannish now, with a 5 o'clock shadow.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

But the fake boobs and fake butts really freak me out.

Cynthia is the only one who still looks real, and I've seen people making fun of her because of her lines or wrinkles. Please... I'd love to have her looks.

Weird.  I don't see lines and wrinkles on Cynthia.  I see someone who looks like she's dabbled into the fillers too much.  And the hair is bad.  She's still beautiful but she should let herself naturally age.  The talking heads of her are just bizarre looking like she got her eyes done and they look Zolciak-ish.

Edited by sasha206
On 11/20/2016 at 9:14 PM, RedKoolAide said:

Was Bob always a sweaty mess? I can't believe Sheree allowed him on top of her with all that gross sweat dripping all over. Ugh.

Because he was a professional athlete!

You could be a cyclops and still have groupies lined up waiting for you.

What I can't figure out is what is his appeal now to her?  Unless he hit the lottery and came into money again, it has to only be for a storyline.  And wasn't that the story line last year?   Him coming around, her possibly being interested?  It didn't seem real last year and it doesn't seem real this year. Furthermore, Sheree was much more interesting when she was trying to find her a new wallet.  Nothing was better than Sheree meeting the fake Dr. at some dive bar and being Sheree looking at him like, "unless you're making six figures, I'm not interested."

• Love 1
On 11/21/2016 at 3:45 PM, bichonblitz said:

Bravo might be attempting to sell revisionist history now that they have sunk so low as to need Sheree back, but it was previously revealed that Bob was not paying child support because the children were living with him primarily, remember when she didn't even have sleeping bags for them, it was because they did not live with her.  Moreover, Sheree was involved with some financial improprieties regarding property that should have been sold during the divorce and it was determined that the money she owed Bob as a result of said improprieties exceeded any monies he owed her.  So Bob as a deadbeat dad is definitely revisionist history to generate sympathy and a storyline for Sheree. Also, it was long clear that Sheree was with Bob for his money/fame and she didn't count of the injury that took him out of the NFL.  Once the money was gone, so was the marriage, and all Sheree could focus on was what she could get out of Bob.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Amen.

I think Porsha, even with bad implants, still looks fabulous.  The rest of them look awful, even the previously flawless Cynthia.  Peter put her through hell and back because she looks mannish now, with a 5 o'clock shadow.

In one of the first scenes, where Cynthia is talking to her lawyer, I looked up and thought she was Whoopi Goldberg.

• Love 1
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 11:56 PM, HunterHunted said:

Apollo is almost certainly Ayden's father, but Phaedra was ridiculous in trying act like she wasn't pregnant when she got married. Kandi was the only one who didn't call Phaedra's lie straight foolishness. It was such foolishness that Kim Zolciak dusted off her LVN degree to give voice to how dumb Phaedra's lie was. Phaedra even tried go get her Ob/Gyn to confirm her lie as she was getting wheeled into the delivery room. She was like "doctor, my baby is growing so fast and big that we need to get him out at 6 and a half months." The doctor responds "no, you're giving birth at 40 weeks like all other pregnancies."

Phaedra did all of this because both of her parents are ministers of the church who I take it are very conservative and she didn't want to tarnish the Parks name on nationwide TV by letting it be known that she got pregnant out of wedlock.  Of course, she failed miserably with her hoax.  Her parents' church may not be too far removed from the 50's where girls pregnant out of wedlock were whisked away to "camp" or "boarding school" which were both synonyms for Home for Unwed Mothers.  

• Love 3
On Monday, November 21, 2016 at 6:06 PM, politichick said:

Kenya- there is a 15 yr. age gap there. It's not gonna work. He's in it for his 15 minutes and your money. She has really bad judgement when it comes to men.

Who does Kenya think she is, Demi Moore?  And look how Demi's situation turned out.  Age shouldn't be anything but a number, but the thing is, they are at two different phases of their lives.  Kenya keeps stating how immature Matt is and his growth isn't going to happen overnight.  Kenya wants to have a baby, but I can't see Matt being ready for that kind of commitment.  The biggest red flag is his jealousy.  It would be a wrap for me.

• Love 1