Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: The Cell

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Well, that took forever.

The blue shirt guy was my favorite thing of the episode, so of course fucking Dwight killed him and brought his zombiefied body for their use. Ugh. If there's a redemption arc coming for him, they've failed to make me care, Sherry or no Sherry.

90 minutes of Negan next week, oh god I won't make it through.

• Love 9

That was an incredibly boring episode 

I was excited for Jeffery Dean Morgan to join, but I find Negan shaping up to be the worst villain the show has ever had. 

It relied on Dwight being captivating enough to hold the episode, since Daryl sat in the dark and hid behind his bangs the whole time, and lord.

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, minamurray78 said:

The blue shirt guy was my favorite thing of the episode

"Gordon." He made the excellent point that they were all terrified of Negan, even though they outnumbered him and could easily overpower him if it came down to it. Negan seems to have mastered the psychology of fear, though. And now he's added "rapist" to his list of accomplishments. Lovely.

That song played on repeat--"Easy Street," apparently--was perfect torture music.

My only takeaway from that opening sequence was thinking that the egg sandwich looked delicious.

Edited by Eyes High
  • Love 19

Now there are two people to hate. Negen and Dwight. Blue shirt guy had a point, Negen is just one guy. Why is everyone putting up with him? Vote him off the island like in Survivor. Or since this is the ZA someone knock him off. 

I didn't understand the walkers displayed on the road, were they there for a reason and who put them there? Or were they just falling off the bridge? 

If they would have played that Easy Street song one more time my brain was going to start bleeding. 

• Love 6

I find Negan to be very annoying. He is so long winded. He's like a Bond Villain who just goes on & on while Bond is trying to escape. It's just ridiculous.

It doesn't make sense that Dwight's wife was allowed to roam around the facility free & chat with Darryl.

Negan humiliating Dwight will backfire at some point.

4 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

"Gordon." He made the excellent point that they were all terrified of Negan, even though they outnumbered him and could easily overpower him if it came down to it. Negan seems to have mastered the psychology of fear, though. And now he's added "rapist" to his list of accomplishments. Lovely.

That song played on repeat--"Easy Street," apparently--was perfect torture music.

It would be pretty easy to kill Negan when he is sleeping.

5 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Now there are two people to hate. Negen and Dwight. Blue shirt guy had a point, Negen is just one guy. Why is everyone putting up with him? Vote him off the island like in Survivor. Or since this is the ZA someone knock him off. 

I didn't understand the walkers displayed on the road, were they there for a reason and who put them there? Or were they just falling off the bridge? 

If they would have played that Easy Street song one more time my brain was going to start bleeding. 

It's tiresome to see random walkers all over the highway. How did they get there?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, oakville said:

It would be pretty easy to kill Negan when he is sleeping.

Isn't that what everyone says about psychotic tyrant types like Negan? It would be pretty easy to kill them during their sleep? It would be pretty easy, yes, and yet no one does it. Why not? Fear.

• Love 11

What a boring ass episode. I thought I was in a coma.

Negan is an annoying ass roach that needs to be sprayed with Raid. "Dude" "Awesome" "Hot Girl" are you in a frat house? Really needs to take some lessons from Gareth on how to be a scary creepy villain that people suppose to be freaked out by.

Daryl & Dwight are just boring and didn't care for their pain or sorrow or whatever they're calling it.

That guy had a point so many of them and one of Negan and they're letting one man dictate everything.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Eyes High said:

Isn't that what everyone says about psychotic tyrant types like Negan? It would be pretty easy to kill them during their sleep? It would be pretty easy, yes, and yet no one does it. Why not? Fear.

Even Andrea couldn't do it when she was sleeping with the Governor -- after Carol walked her through how it could be done.

• Love 11

It would have been easy to kill Hitler in his sleep too.

I understand the psychology of fear Negan is working. Sure, one person may get it into his head to make an attempt on Negan. And if he fails? Then it's his/her spouse/child/sibling/parent that ends up getting Lucille'd. Many people take the threat against a loved one much more seriously than they do to themselves. And Daryl made that point tonight at the end with Dwight when he said he understood why Dwight did it - he had somebody. And then Daryl made the excellent point that Daryl doesn't have anybody. Which of course means they're going to use one of Rick's group at some point to hold over Daryl's head.

The episode was just meh. It wasn't horrible, there have been worse episodes before. Unlike most people, I love JDM and I think he is playing Negan as best as he can given the constraints of what's allowed on TV (ALTHOUGH: I can't wait to see the internet memes tomorrow of "It's Happy Hour at the Pussy Bar and Dwight eats for free". I laughed out loud at that one).

I'm not minding the pacing this season. The group is split up all over, so it makes sense they are going to have episodes at each location. And I think this many seasons in we know the core group well enough that we're not going to get confused when they go from place to place.

On a side note, the gore level was remarkably low this episode. I'm glad we didn't have a really good view of what was obviously a polaroid of Glenn's Squishy head.

• Love 9

Negan wants to know if Dwight's penis is functioning? First of all - EWW. And second, I worked with a whole bunch of men my whole life and never heard one of them refer to his own or anyone else's as a "penis." The only word they used was "dick."

I guess I latched onto that because I was bored out of my skull watching Daryl get dirtier and spending long moments looking at Dwight's two expressions. Ah, Negan - all you had to do was lead Daryl into a bathroom with a tub full of hot water and bubbles. He would have done anything you wanted with a threat like that.

Other than that, I don't have much to say. How much time was filled watching Dwight walking the bike along the highway and looking at walkers? Daryl's dirt must be like a suit of armor that protects him during severe beatings.  Oh, and I enjoyed hearing Roy Orbison's "Crying."

• Love 21

Don't even get me started on everyone kneeling when Negan walks by. That's just too much and unnecessary. Negan has a large army and why did we see so little of them now? Didn't have a problem showing all of them in the first episode and the season 6 finale. This episode was more of a bad joke put to t.v. Things that were shown could have been shown in half the time, didn't need a full episode of whatever we were suppose to be seeing.

• Love 9

This was just dull. I honestly don't care about the Sanctuary in the least and my interest in Daryl is damn near gone.

I don't know how many more Negan monologues I can take. Not even JDM is making him interesting.

Any hope of a Dwight redemption for me went out the window when he taped the picture of Glenn to the wall. Maggie can use Lucille on him and then pass it to Sasha and Rosita to double team Negan.

• Love 14
Just now, AngelaHunter said:

Negan wants to know if Dwight's penis is functioning? First of all - EWW. And second, I worked with a whole bunch of men my whole life and never heard one of them refer to his own or anyone else's as a "penis." The only word they used was "dick."

I guess I latched onto that because I was bored out of my skull watching Daryl get dirtier and spending long moments looking at Dwight's two expressions. Ah, Negan - all you had to do was lead Daryl into a bathroom with a tub full of hot water and bubbles. He would have done anything you wanted with a threat like that.

Other than that, I don't have much to say. How much time was filled watching Dwight walking the bike along the highway and looking at walkers? Daryl's dirt must be like a suit of armor that protects him during severe beatings.  Oh, and I enjoyed hearing Roy Orbison's "Crying."

Daryl being dirty I couldn't tell the difference from when he's out and about normally. Hair greasy as normal and looking like he smells like rotten potatoes mixed with rotted meat.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Even Andrea couldn't do it when she was sleeping with the Governor -- after Carol walked her through how it could be done.

Well, but stupid Andrea couldn't do anything right.

• Love 10
Just now, Rosiejuliemom said:

This was just dull. I honestly don't care about the Sanctuary in the least and my interest in Daryl is damn near gone.

I don't know how many more Negan monologues I can take. Not even JDM is making him interesting.

I was thinking that if they cut down on Negan's endless monologues, he'd be so much more interesting. JDM is good, able to go from campy/affable to frightening in an instant. Less talk, please.

11 minutes ago, lmsweb said:

I can't wait to see the internet memes tomorrow of "It's Happy Hour at the Pussy Bar and Dwight eats for free". I laughed out loud at that one).

Agree. That was funny as hell.

• Love 6

Although this episode moved like molasses, was it just me or was it 2 minutes of show, 5 minutes of commercials, then repeat for 1 hour?  I mean AMC is typically ridiculous on commercials, but it seemed even more so tonight.  Maybe because I was waiting for something "amazing" to happen and it never did.  So we get a whole episode of Darryl sitting in filth, eating disgusting,questionable food and glaring at everything through his scraggly, greasy mop of hair. Hell, Darryl Dixon has been doing this shtick season 3.  

The best part of the show was Gordon.  He gave more ZA backstory in 90 seconds of his cameo appearance than we'd gotten in all of season 6. How the hell did Dwight drag a dead body with one arm back to the Sanctuary?  I guess he just waited until Gordon reanimated and then led him like a pied piper back to Negan's zombie acadamy?

So, I guess I wouldn't last at the Sanctuary either.  God, I know teh baddies are notoriously verbose on this show, but I swear to God, I'd be swan diving off an overpass to not have to listen to him or his douchebro gang ramble on.    That being said, I know Negan is supposed to be the biggest evil that ever eviled, but I'm just not digging Jeffrey Dean Morgan in this role.  It's just too over the top cartoony, and he doesn't emote villainy as much as he's just an annoyance whenever he's on the screen.

Erm... and I actually kinda liked the "Easy Street" song.  Not on repeat for 7 days, but it was kind of cute.

• Love 11

Good gollly miss molly.  I am so incredibly bored with this show right now.  I've been watching since the very beginning, and I've never thought more about quitting than right now.   Tonight's episode was the epitome of boring.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

I know Negan is supposed to be the biggest evil that ever eviled, but I'm just not digging Jeffrey Dean Morgan in this role.  It's just too over the top cartoony, and he doesn't emote villainy as much as he's just an annoyance whenever he's on the screen.

Marvin (the Martian) in the old Warner Brothers cartoons had more gravitas.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, HighMaintenance said:

So we get a whole episode of Darryl sitting in filth, eating disgusting,questionable food and glaring at everything through his scraggly, greasy mop of hair. Hell, Darryl Dixon has been doing this shtick season 3.

That was dog food. To someone who chowed down on a worm and squirrel guts, Alpo would be haute cuisine.

4 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

It's just too over the top cartoony, and he doesn't emote villainy as much as he's just an annoyance whenever he's on the screen.

Yep. The Governor was much more intimidating, IMO. Sometimes silence or a look says more than a five-minute verbal diarrhea episode.

• Love 14

Count me in also for thinking it was boring.  I thought the musical cue at the beginning was terrible and they think they're Tarantino but missed the mark.

24 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

Negan is an annoying ass roach that needs to be sprayed with Raid. "Dude" "Awesome" "Hot Girl" are you in a frat house? Really needs to take some lessons from Gareth on how to be a scary creepy villain that people suppose to be freaked out by.

+100.  I'm just not buying it.  He's good in the few moments he shifts to menacing, but it's too rare.  I'd think even Negan would get tired of speaking in exaggerated put-on banter ALL...The DAMN...TIME!! DUDE!! (which is how he talks)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

Governor's dick turned her stupid.

Oh, I don't think she'd yet been glamoured by the Little Governor when she was showing off her riflery skills taking potshots at Daryl while everyone was jumping up and down and screaming NOOOO! STOP!

LOL--Look how I'm still annoyed by Andrea!  She died years ago.  (Because she kept pausing her escape efforts to chit chat.) 

Whatever else this show has done, I'm glad we don't still have Andrea standing around, striking her Yul Brynner King of Siam power pose.

• Love 14
43 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Well, according to what they just said on Talking Dead, they just thought, "wouldn't it be cool to have a shot of a walker falling off a bridge?!?!"  So they did it.  <sigh>

Edited by peach
grammar matters
  • Love 9

Really boring and playing the lighthearted song while Dwight made his sandwich was just annoying. Daryl's hair is beyond ridiculous at this point. I will never believe people wouldn't gang up just to shut Neagan's mouth if nothing else. Neagan walks around with a stupid bat, yet a hundred guys with guns are afraid of him-ok. I'm only hanging in now to watch the tiger eat Neagan and she can  eat Dwight too. TD is boring tonight too.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 7

Once again I'm the 2% on this message board at least - find JDM oddly charming as Negan, still love Daryl, didn't think this was the most exciting episode but it was no Slabtown. They are now settled; the threats can't just be walkers. I don't need instant gratification and I'm invested enough to let them tell the story hoping there is pay off.

• Love 15

At some points - Dwight walking the bike on the highway, standing watching the walkers being attached in the yard, the scenes went on so long I actually thought, "Oh, maybe this is meant to be ominous. Maybe something important/explosive/shocking is going to happen. Turns out it never did and it all really was just filler

3 minutes ago, allyw said:

I've always found Merle to be the most interesting of the two as well even though I never actually liked the character.

Merle always had something interesting to say, and had more layers and depth than anyone else I've seen on this show. He didn't mumble incoherently either.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, candall said:

Oh, I don't think she'd yet been glamoured by the Little Governor when she was showing off her riflery skills taking potshots at Daryl while everyone was jumping up and down and screaming NOOOO! STOP!

LOL--Look how I'm still annoyed by Andrea!  She died years ago.  (Because she kept pausing her escape efforts to chit chat.) 

Whatever else this show has done, I'm glad we don't still have Andrea standing around, striking her Yul Brynner King of Siam power pose.

Andrea's major character flaw was her pride. It just got in the way. She was ok in the beginning with wanting to learn how to use a gun to help her survive the ZA but her ways on handling things was just stupid. Like when Dale & Rick told her not to shoot in fear of attracting walkers but she had to show people what a good shot she was and shot Daryl (now I wished she had shot him in the head at this point). Then she had to show up the girl at Woodbury who was a horrible shot with the bow & arrow but Andrea just hops down and gloats about killing the walker.

Another annoying thing she did besides chit chatting with Milton before he turned was her trying to do Michonne's trick with the walker. It looked so odd the way she was doing it while making her way to the prison.

• Love 7