Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: The Cell

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

On 11/4/2016 at 9:20 AM, Tara Ariano said:

A completely new group of survivors living in an impressive community that seems to have it all, but for a price, is introduced.

Yet another case of "if they say so."  Nothing was impressive about their community, or at least what they showed.  It wasn't any better than the prison in Georgia.  The Kingdom was impressive by the standards we've seen so far.  And Alexandria is impressive in terms of their creature comforts, even though they're all too dumb to do anything more important than book club.  If I were Negan, I'd kick the Alexandrians out of those Pottery Barn houses and take them for myself, or at least for his womenfolk.  But Show says Negan's the biggest bad of all time, and this community is "impressive" with all its lettuce and cots.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Timetoread said:

This is a wonderful point.  I am currently writing a post-apocalyptic piece for Nanowrimo and I'm finding it hard to find a tone.  It is an interesting mental exercise but is it entertaining?  I found The Road (both book and movie) being a good argument for suicide.  There was no hope.

Have you read The Girl With All The Gifts?   Interesting take on all that.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kia112 said:

I thought Michonne was fairly full of herself at the end of season 6 and made all sorts of tactical mistakes. Nothing as egregious as getting someone's head bashed in, but she's my favorite character and I was rolling my eyes at her a lot.

I thought that both Michonne and Rick were extremely arrogant during the last few episodes of last season which is why 6X16 minus Carol worked for me. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, peach said:

Yet another case of "if they say so."  Nothing was impressive about their community, or at least what they showed.  It wasn't any better than the prison in Georgia.  The Kingdom was impressive by the standards we've seen so far.  And Alexandria is impressive in terms of their creature comforts, even though they're all too dumb to do anything more important than book club.  If I were Negan, I'd kick the Alexandrians out of those Pottery Barn houses and take them for myself, or at least for his womenfolk.  But Show says Negan's the biggest bad of all time, and this community is "impressive" with all its lettuce and cots.

From the scenes of Dwight pilfering through the dead guy's stuff in the beginning, it looks like the rank and file live in some big warehouse type building with clothesline blankets as dividers.  Negan was meeting people in the equivalent of a student cinder block apartment.  Kind of the opposite of impressive in any meaningful sense.   Yeah, if Negan was truly all that he'd be kicking the ASZhats out of their much vaunted $800,000 model homes and make them move into the minimum security prison setup he's got, but we know that won't happen because then how would they continue to play Real World, Alexandria Edition with a dozen adults to a house?

• Love 5

My question is, why does Negan think he has it so great? He lives in what looks to be an old Jiffy Lube and his "pad" consists of a hospital bed, a small TV and 90s cabinetry that makes the folks on "House Hunters" run for the hills. Yeah, he lives like a king! Like the "King of Queens," maybe.

• Love 15
15 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

My question is, why does Negan think he has it so great? He lives in what looks to be an old Jiffy Lube and his "pad" consists of a hospital bed, a small TV and 90s cabinetry that makes the folks on "House Hunters" run for the hills. Yeah, he lives like a king! Like the "King of Queens," maybe.

Lol.  I thought he was saying that the apartment area was intended for Daryl if he would willingly join the Saviors.  But I'm not sure because Dwight just had a crappy cot in the group area.  You'd think with all his incessant talking he would explain something beyond I OWN YOU NOW, ad infinitum.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, peach said:

Flipping LOVED that book - good rec, for anyone that's looking. 

17 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Next week - meet the ornery old man who lives in the basement!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, ElleMo said:

I get that Negan needs to break people to get them in line, but it makes no sense that he would have someone like Dwight as his right hand man.  Crazy cult leaders make the loyal people part of the inner circle.  Once you betray them, you may be part of the group, but no longer the inner circle.  

Simon is his right hand man, not Dwight

1 hour ago, peach said:

I can't imagine any women are sitting around just waiting to get a crack at Dwight

Jesus... is it purely voluntary? Is there a punishment for saying "No"? Even if there were, I'd take it over having  sex with Dwight. *shudder* (or, if you write fanfic- *shutter*) I bet even Sherry is glad she no longer has to bump uglies with him.

• Love 2

This episode was so boring I contemplated watching a repeat of something else 15 minutes in and watching this on Monday. I stayed with it and it got worse. They writers need to stop focusing on new and duller characters no one really cares about and follow the regulars.  This show's pacing is so terrible. Like clockwork the season premiere is good 2nd episode and third are terrible and forth is good. This was suppose to be a Daryl one and it was really about Dwight and his ex (didn't bother to learn her name).Daryl used to be one of my favorite characters behind Michonne and Rick but they have neglected him the last couple of seasons to the point that don't care that much about him anymore. I was over Negan during the cliffhanger last season and tune him out while he is on screen. I'm not saying I won't watch again because I'd be lying but it sure as hell isn't a live event anymore or even a must watch later that night. DVR about a week or two later is starting to sound about right.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, magemaud said:

Could somebody explain to me the purpose of the pole walkers? Are they just there to serve as a reminder of what happens if you don't cooperate, or do they have some kind of "job"? 

I didn't watch the episode, so after these comments I'm now envisioning zombie pole dancers, and it's hilarious! (Bonus: No ad breaks!)

• Love 6
4 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Like Negan or hate him, he's a loon to let filthy folks into his surprisingly neat and orderly apartment! 

The apartment was intended to be Daryl's apartment if he agreed to follow Negan.  I'm sure Negan has a more spacious elaborate suite of rooms, which he needs to house all his wives.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, morgankobi said:

I didn't watch the episode, so after these comments I'm now envisioning zombie pole dancers, and it's hilarious! (Bonus: No ad breaks!)

Grotesque, but yeah - hilarious and probably a lot more entertaining than what we got.

2 hours ago, peach said:

I haven't read it, but thanks!  I checked out the movie trailer on IMDB and it looks really interesting!

8 minutes ago, kentlady said:

The apartment was intended to be Daryl's apartment if he agreed to follow Negan.  I'm sure Negan has a more spacious elaborate suite of rooms, which he needs to house all his wives.

Oh?  I figured the apartment was Negan's.  Was this revealed in the episode, or was it a Talking Dead behind the scenes thing?

1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Jesus... is it purely voluntary? Is there a punishment for saying "No"? Even if there were, I'd take it over having  sex with Dwight. *shudder* (or, if you write fanfic- *shutter*) I bet even Sherry is glad she no longer has to bump uglies with him.

Can you imagine?  Who's teethmarks are these??? Who have you been with???  LOL!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, peach said:

Well, even Dwight barely has consent.  It wasn't his idea, and he didn't want to, and he risked Negan's wrath when he said no.  He had to hem and haw and say he hadn't "earned" it yet.  And this supposed "prize" of getting to pick a woman wasn't really a reward, it was to further distance him from Sherry.   Negan could possibly force Dwight into a "marriage" if he wanted.

"As long as they say ok" was so weird anyway.  I can't imagine any women are sitting around just waiting to get a crack at Dwight.

I think Negan likes to maintain the illusion that he's basically a nice guy who occasionally has to administer tough love. "You know those women I did the favor of sexually subjugating when most reasonable people would have killed them? You can have sex with one, but only if she wants to--because rape is bad." All while mindfucking Dwight by graciously allowing him to have sex with his own wife. 

I wasn't a huge fan of the governor but he did a much better job of conveying the personality nuances of a very bad guy with delusions of grandeur who also wanted to experience fatherhood and enjoy a romantic relationship. JDM is so over the top that his constantly testing the loyalty of those around him in such a way that makes him feel fair gets lost while he waxes poetic to his stupid bat.

Why does he love Daryl? He took out the biggest guy in the group and humiliated the alpha--why is another male power player who could be a threat getting the chance to sit with the cool kids?

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 7

Because Daryl is useful and dangerous - far more dangerous than Dwight or the rest of Negan's heavies. He knows what Daryl is capable of, and if he can just turn him (which he stupidly thinks he can do) he'd be a very, very dangerous pet at the end of his leash.

• Love 3

Negan is doing his best to drive a wedge between Sherry and Dwight as punishment for their having the audacity to run away.  He's already rubbing Dwight's face in the fact that he (Negan) is having sex with Dwight's wife.  And if he could get Dwight to have sex with another woman, no doubt he'd rub that in Sherry's face - "Hey, your husband isn't wasting time pining over the loss of you!  He's busy getting it on with Sheila over there.  He must not love you as much as you love him.  You were willing to have sex with me to save his life, and look how he repays you!"

I'll bet Negan also knows that there's not many women at the camp who'd willingly bump uglies with Dwight, and Dwight knows it.  His offer to Dwight is meaningless, if every woman turned him down.  And humiliating. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, candall said:

AH!  My animal lore comes in handy at last.

The reason you hear about "so poor she had to eat cat food" is that cat food can be digested by humans, but dog food commonly has some element--ground up bones, I think--that isn't tolerated by either cats or human digestive systems.

There you go, today's fun fact.

I used to eat dog food as a kid a lot.  I must have a great digestion , because I never remember it making me feel bad enough to stop.   The canned chunky kind is the best.

I really have nothing to add.  I've gotten to the point where I would rather be in bed by 9:30 on a Sunday night than watching this show.  Same thing happened last year.   Now that I know who will be in what episode, I can just skip the ones with people I don't want to watch.  It's not like there is an intricate plot or anything.  

• Love 3

I don't understand why people were saying this episode was boring. I really enjoyed the peek behind the curtains at Negan's camp, especially Dwight and Sherry's backstories. I liked seeing how Negan interacted with his group. Maybe it's the sociologist in me.

I find it interesting that the camp is essentially Joe's group amped up to 11. I thought maybe Negan would run it still based on fear, but I suspected using women as, I don't know, prizes? Like they would take women from other groups and hand them out as wives for those who behaved. The actual group seems like it would collapse pretty easily. Maybe we'll see that later. 

The one confusing thing for me was how Gordon even made it that far with Negan's gang. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that they would allow to join in the first place.

• Love 4

As I daydreamed through the mind numbing boringness of this episode I find myself wondering why the f**k are they still in Georgia and am immediately startled by the fact that I might actually still care.... if only Negan would go away.....

Edited by BellyLaughter
  • Love 2

I've never read the comics, so I pulled up a few pages to see what Negan is like in them, after becoming annoyed with him once again in this last episode of the show. I find myself wishing the writers had been allowed to include all of Negan's profanity. For some reason, when I read his dialogue in the comic series, the sheer torrent of profanity helped to sell the character. Don't know why. It was just... humorously terrible? Terribly humorous? Anyway it was strangely anesthetizing. I feel like maybe if Jeffrey Dean Morgan had been given free rein with the potty mouth, his long ass monologues would be more entertaining.

I don't know. I'm just trying to figure out why Negan is irritating me so much. I don't want to be this irritated. I want to be like, "Best TWD villain ever!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, kentlady said:

Still, though, make people bathe--that place was kind of cute, all thing considered!

• Love 2

The Negan they are giving me is not the Negan I was dreading to see . I'm a terrible fan so I don't know the name of the episode, but last season CDB had a run-in with some Neganites - flushed them out of an observatory or something. As I recall, the way those Neganites acted: organized, trained, sharp, completely in tune with the "I am Negan" stuff, made Negan seem so foreboding. Who was this person who could have "satellite offices" of camps? How charismatic and persuasive did he have to be to convert so many people to his line of thinking? To subsume peoples' identities so that they "become" him? To train people to such an extent quasi-militarily, with radios and bug-out scenarios? How awful did he have to be that followers kept trophies of brained victims above their bunks to look at with pride before they fell asleep? I was really looking forward to and dreading this Negan guy - this man who made all this happen and controlled all these people even from afar. I was expecting perhaps something along the lines of a more violent David Koresh type. 

The Negan I see so far this season... he is not that guy. Not even CLOSE to that implied, charismatic menace. He is not living up to my hype. I guess that's my fault, but I have some real cognitive dissonance happening because what I expected was MUCH more than what we've been given.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Door said:

The Negan they are giving me is not the Negan I was dreading to see . I'm a terrible fan so I don't know the name of the episode, but last season CDB had a run-in with some Neganites - flushed them out of an observatory or something. As I recall, the way those Neganites acted: organized, trained, sharp, completely in tune with the "I am Negan" stuff, made Negan seem so foreboding.

I was thinking of that earlier today, that the red-headed woman and the others that took on Carol and Maggie were a little more interesting.  Of course, that set is all dead now, so maybe they were the A-Team, and now Negan's stuck with the JV squad.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I wasn't a huge fan of the governor but he did a much better job of conveying the personality nuances of a very bad guy with delusions of grandeur who also wanted to experience fatherhood and enjoy a romantic relationship.

I was a huge fan and would totally agree even if I weren't. He seemed like a real person and his relationship with Andrea - whatever the outcome - also seemed real while it was going on. I guess I mean he didn't seem cartoon-y or one dimensional to me in the least, the way Negan does so far.

1 hour ago, magemaud said:

3167a35b84f5ee0b54d76243f8635c99.jpg

THAT? Just nasty, but I can't stop laughing.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, BellyLaughter said:

As I daydreamed through the mind numbing boringness of this episode I find myself wondering why the f**k are they still in Georgia and am immediately startled by the fact that I might actually still care.... if only Negan would go away.....

They aren't in Georgia in the show anymore, remember? Alexandria, VA. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, yoyo926 said:

This was suppose to be a Daryl one and it was really about Dwight and his ex (didn't bother to learn her name).Daryl used to be one of my favorite characters behind Michonne and Rick but they have neglected him the last couple of seasons to the point that don't care that much about him anymore.

This is continued weakness of the show.  GLENN IS DEAD.  Omg, what is Daryl feeling or thinking about all of this?  Wait, let's go see how Sherry and Dwight are feeling?  Like when they focused on Spencer and Deanna instead of Maggie or Rosita.   I had to watch Talking Dead (which I FF until I see someone I'm interested in) and find out Daryl is grieving so and feels so responsible, he feels like he belongs in that cell (for the moment).  Norman was apparently also frustrated that he wasn't doing something else, but they had to explain it to him too.  lol

1 hour ago, lmsweb said:

Because Daryl is useful and dangerous - far more dangerous than Dwight or the rest of Negan's heavies. He knows what Daryl is capable of, and if he can just turn him (which he stupidly thinks he can do) he'd be a very, very dangerous pet at the end of his leash.

I think Negan seeks out some of the rough, dirtbag looking guys because they'll be the most motivated by taking women as prizes.  Sort of like backwoods ISIS.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, peach said:

I was thinking of that earlier today, that the red-headed woman and the others that took on Carol and Maggie were a little more interesting.  Of course, that set is all dead now, so maybe they were the A-Team, and now Negan's stuck with the JV squad.

Oh man. I would have loved it if they had kept that redheaded woman on the show for a whole season, maybe two. Was her name Paula? She was super smart and her interactions with Carol were hella interesting. I was hoping they would keep her as a lieutenant of Negan's for a long time, and her and Carol would have this "enemies with respect" thing running parallel to Rick and Negan's conflict. Maybe even eventually give her a crisis of loyalty to Negan.

Instead they gave me... Dwight.

Oh well. Without Paula's death, I guess Carol's current psychological crisis would make no sense at all to me. We'd just be left with that whole business with Owen the Wolf, which never really clicked with me.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, peach said:

I'm not sure how Negan would know Daryl is dangerous? Isn't the only thing he knows is that silly Dwight got the jump on Daryl THREE times, shot him and is now sporting all Daryl's clothes and has his bike and his crossbow? Yes, he did punch Negan during the latter's 7-hour speech but that just seemed reckless. I could have forgotten that Negan may know more, however.

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, mandolin said:

They aren't in Georgia in the show anymore, remember? Alexandria, VA. 

LOL and here I was thinking they had just walked round and round in circles for 6 seasons LOL I've clearly been daydreaming much more than I realised.... Focus Belly, focus!

• Love 4

I found "Easy Street" on Youtube and have been playing it every time my family makes a joke at my expense. Either I am going to get a lot less lip around here or they are going to destroy my laptop.

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, BellyLaughter said:

LOL and here I was thinking they had just walked round and round in circles for 6 seasons LOL I've clearly been daydreaming much more than I realised.... Focus Belly, focus!

Don't be ridiculous. They only walked in circles for FIVE seasons. ;)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

I don't understand why people were saying this episode was boring. I really enjoyed the peek behind the curtains at Negan's camp, especially Dwight and Sherry's backstories. I liked seeing how Negan interacted with his group. Maybe it's the sociologist in me.

I think it was that it was repetitive.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Wryly said:

I found "Easy Street" on Youtube and have been playing it every time my family makes a joke at my expense. Either I am going to get a lot less lip around here or they are going to destroy my laptop.

I just got the ringtone from Zedge.  Let's see how long I can stand it!  lol 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, mandolin said:
15 minutes ago, BellyLaughter said:

Don't be ridiculous. They only walked in circles for FIVE seasons. ;)

It's kind of understandable. I don't think any of them got out of the house much before the ZA. I remember how astonished Rick (a sheriff's deputy) was when he discovered a large prison seemingly a short distance from his home town.

• Love 16
29 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

It's kind of understandable. I don't think any of them got out of the house much before the ZA. I remember how astonished Rick (a sheriff's deputy) was when he discovered a large prison seemingly a short distance from his home town.

That is one thing that definitely made more sense in the comic… Rick was from Kentucky and ended up in Georgia.  That's OK, though, I will watch a season three episode any day over the stuff they've been throwing at us lately. 

Edited by mandolin
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BellyLaughter said:

They still film In Georgia so you were half right :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mandolin said:

That is one thing that definitely made more sense in the comic… Rick was from Kentucky and ended up in Georgia.  That's OK, though, I will watch a season three episode any day over the stuff they've been throwing at us lately. 

I guess TPTB assume everyone has read the comics, but for those us who didn't, some things in the show are confusing.

6 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I guess TPTB assume everyone has read the comics, but for those us who didn't, some things in the show are confusing.

That's why they make you stay up to watch that Yvette woman super fan you to death, and explain what shit happened.  It's a big money grab.   If I need a show to explain what happened on the show I just watched, I need a new show.  I hear Katy Mixon has a new one.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I think TPTB make a lot of ASSumptions and it rarely turns out well.  I didn't read the comics until after I had watched a few seasons. Definitely interesting to see the changes. Makes me question some show decisions more than I already do. 

And I'm over Yvette and the teacher super fan with the baggy ears. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

I used to eat dog food as a kid a lot.  I must have a great digestion , because I never remember it making me feel bad enough to stop.   The canned chunky kind is the best.

Lol.  I think the occasional bowl is okay.  (When I was four, I stole the Milk-Bones and hid in the bathroom with the dog--one for you, one for me, one for you, one for me. I would still be able to recognize Milk Bone flavor today.)

Re show:   I thought it was pretty great Daryl was getting a serving of fresh homemade bread every day.

Edited by candall
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

That's why they make you stay up to watch that Yvette woman super fan you to death, and explain what shit happened.  It's a big money grab.   If I need a show to explain what happened on the show I just watched, I need a new show.  I hear Katy Mixon has a new one.  

I don't know who or what that is. By the time I've slogged through 35 minutes of the episode (yet they still need fillers!) and 25 minutes of FF'ed tasteless commercials, blurbs and teasers, I don't want to hear, read or see anything else about the show until the next week. Right after, I watch "Masters of Sex" and wallow in commercial-free hog heaven. Why can't I quit you, TWD?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I'm not sure how Negan would know Daryl is dangerous? Isn't the only thing he knows is that silly Dwight got the jump on Daryl THREE times, shot him and is now sporting all Daryl's clothes and has his bike and his crossbow? Yes, he did punch Negan during the latter's 7-hour speech but that just seemed reckless. I could have forgotten that Negan may know more, however.

He blew up a group of bikers that were about to kill Sasha and Abraham. I'm not sure how he'd know who was responsible, though, since there's nobody around with a smart phone to record anything on video. Unless Dwight assumed that it was him - I think that was right around the same time he encountered him, Sherri, and her sister.

I tend to be like Dory, in Finding Nemo (and her own movie). I guess this is why I keep coming back: I tend to forget things that have happened, until I'm reminded of them here. I'd totally forgotten the above, until I read your question. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1

I like the theory shaping up here that Dwight has one up on Negan because Dwight knows the extent of the awesome power hiding under those greasy bangs.  Negan may think he's just dealing with a regular tough guy, (which is to say, possessing the extra measures of cunning/strength/moxie it takes to survive this long in the ZA.) 

It would be cool if the writers would do something subtle and psychological* with Dwight trying to exploit and mechanize Daryl to overthrow Negan.

*Heeeeee--oh look, I made myself laugh.

• Love 2

Man, I am going to love seeing Negan get his.  And honestly, I just can't, with the whole storyline.  You're telling me that one man, with a bat, has subdued (seems like) hundreds?  Nobody has ever thought 'what would really happen if I just blew his brains out?'?  They all work for him, because of fear, so in the end, who's going to be super upset to see him go?  Take the head off the snake, and watch the whole 'structure' collapse.  What the hell am I missing here!?

Its really hard for me to feel sorry for 'D' and his "super hot ex-wife".   They made the choice to go back.  Also, hard to sympathize when they (+ sister) had to know the possible consequences of stealing from & then attempting to escape Negan.

Gotta say though, Daryl's got it pretty nice, what with the sweats and dog meat sandwiches.  Compared to the earth worms, he's fine dining on some real premium delicacy there!  And he gets to listen to music?  Shit dog, sign me up!

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Anela said:

He blew up a group of bikers that were about to kill Sasha and Abraham. I'm not sure how he'd know who was responsible, though, since there's nobody around with a smart phone to record anything on video. Unless Dwight assumed that it was him - I think that was right around the same time he encountered him, Sherri, and her sister.

I tend to be like Dory, in Finding Nemo (and her own movie). I guess this is why I keep coming back: I tend to forget things that have happened, until I'm reminded of them here. I'd totally forgotten the above, until I read your question. 

True, he blew up the bikers with his magical powers that make a rocket change course in mid-air to hit the baddies. So yeah, I guess he is pretty dangerous, but I just don't know how Negan would know it was Daryl and not one of the rest of the Travelling CDB who accomplished this amazing feat. 

Dwight knows the extent of the awesome power hiding under those greasy bangs. 

But... but Dwight jumped Daryl in the woods and stole his bike and crossbow, didn't he? And them jumped him again after killing Denise and shot him. Wouldn't he feel that Daryl is a goof? What am I missing? All these eps run together in my head so maybe I'm forgetting a part where Dwight sees the Power of the Greasy Bangs.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

True, he blew up the bikers with his magical powers that make a rocket change course in mid-air to hit the baddies. So yeah, I guess he is pretty dangerous, but I just don't know how Negan would know it was Daryl and not one of the rest of the Travelling CDB who accomplished this amazing feat. 

I'm thinking this would have been a much bigger thing around here and the internets, if true.... but according to someone I work with, they claim to have (somehow) seen Negan, in the distance, watching that whole situation go down.  Like I said, I'm very hesitant to believe that since I've never seeing it mentioned elsewhere, but its a [very] slight possibility.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1

The picture that Dwight stuck on 'Daryl's wall', was it of Glenn's demise?  Couldn't quite tell.

Also, has it ever been either mentioned or figured out if Negan & The Saviors knew about Alexandria but never 'claimed' them?  I remember Negan telling the group to go back to Alexandria at the end of 7.1.  Is it possible that Alexandria had been working for him but CDB didn't know it?  *scratches head in a confusionistic fashion*