Type keyword(s) to search

Leah Remini: Courageous or Foolhardy

• Start Topic

Very nice. I didn't end up watching the whole series (though I do cheer her on!) because the tone was a little too ... well, A&E docudrama. If they let her be herself a little more I'd be in for season 2.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, kieyra said:

Very nice. I didn't end up watching the whole series (though I do cheer her on!) because the tone was a little too ... well, A&E docudrama. If they let her be herself a little more I'd be in for season 2.

I was riveted but I know what you are saying.  My hope for season 2 is a change in the tone.  Be strong and take action.  I don't want another season of victim tears.  I am not cold hearted, just give us a balance.  

• Love 5
On 12/10/2016 at 1:27 AM, biakbiak said:

I think it more to do with his massive amount of cheating.

I just don't like Leah and while I am not saying she shouldn't speak out I found her annoying and that she doesn't actual acknowledge the shitty things she did when she was in the church.

Yikes...yea Fred is such a hunk!!

On 7/27/2017 at 7:40 AM, wings707 said:

My hope for season 2 is a change in the tone. Be strong and take action. I don't want another season of victim tears. I am not cold hearted, just give us a balance.  

Apparently a different production company filmed a docuseries called Disconnection but A&E passed on it in favor of Aftermath. Some posters at Tony Ortega's site are whining for it to be aired, but honestly? As interested as I am in Scientology, I wouldn't watch another show about people in pain over losing their family members. It's enough, I get it.

• Love 3
On 1/17/2017 at 1:43 AM, AuntTora said:

How does she...perform basic hygienic maintenance? If you know what I mean.

More than likely those are acrylic nails put on for the camera.  Just as she probably doesn't walk down the street with false eyelashes and ten tons of makeup on her face, she more than likely doesn't have the claws (and yes they are distracting) during her regular day.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, smorbie said:

More than likely those are acrylic nails put on for the camera.  Just as she probably doesn't walk down the street with false eyelashes and ten tons of makeup on her face, she more than likely doesn't have the claws (and yes they are distracting) during her regular day.

i don't believe those nails go on and come off so easily. and i bet she does walk down the street with false eyelashes and tons of makeup. i like her a lot from what little i know, but i wish she would tone down the caked on makeup and talons. she is beautiful naturally. all that shit makes her look fake and trying too hard.

• Love 5

The nails aren't as bad as what she's done to her face. I don't watch Kevin James ' show but I watched the episodes she was on and her face actually made me sad. I don't know if the work was too fresh or what but she looked awful and her mouth didn't move very well.  I don't have social media so I don't follow her anywhere but here and her various shows so I don't know if she still looks the same or not.  

I hope that didn't sound too harsh and shallow. I really do like Leah, I always have and King of Queens is one of my favorite shows, it just made me sad that she felt she had to do that to her naturally beautiful face. 

• Love 9

If the promo was a taste, I think this year they willshow her sense of humor a bit more.  She is quite a funny gal, and she seems have a light heart.  They were building the foundation last year.  It's kind of like building a house, you have to start by laying the foundation.  And the show is about the aftermath of Scientology.  

But, I don't think it's in her nature just to be a storyteller.  She is a person of action and from the beginning she said she wanted to do something, not just talk about it.  I think we'll see some of that this year.  It does look like with all the disgruntled and disassociated Scientologists out there, something could be done.

I'm not in favor of the government doing something big, but I do think they could make the church justify its tax status.

I'm leary of having the government interfere with religious beliefs because that's a dangerous path, but there are children involved in this.  I think they could look into that easily.

It looks like she's toned the nails down this year.  They look better in the promos.

As for her appearance, she's a Jersey girl in her heart.  She's always got to look overly done.  But, she is a pretty woman and I wish she would let it alone.

The promo was funny.  She's funny.  I've got to give the Kevin James show a look now that I know she's on it.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, toodles said:

After last night's special, it's obvious that Leah is kicking ass and taking names this season.  Go Leah!!!

Whaaat ?!? There was something on last night ?!? And I didn't knew it ?!? :'( 

It was the two "extra" episodes that aired at the end of the season (Australian journalist, Rolling Stone journalist, the moony cult expert, etc) combined into a two hour special. I don't think they added any additional information, but they did show the trailers for next season extensively.

• Love 3
On 8/5/2017 at 5:20 AM, smorbie said:
On 1/17/2017 at 1:43 AM, AuntTora said:

How does she...perform basic hygienic maintenance? If you know what I mean.

I used to wear my nails like that - they would not come off for the camera.  You learn how to hold everything differently - using the sides of your fingers.  If you break a nail it is actually really painful to your fingertips when you touch things :)

• Love 2

I am not saying she shouldn't speak out I found her annoying and that she doesn't actual acknowledge the shitty things she did when she was in the church.

I don't agree with the bolded at all. I think she has acknowledged the things she did in terms of promoting the cult and so forth. As for the rest, I think it's important to remember that she was brainwashed. She believed in everything this cult told her since she was a young kid.

I am looking forward to season 2 - kick butt Leah and Mike!!

• Love 18

I think it's important to remember that this isn't a confessional.  The things she and Rindahh did are between them and God.  If they hurt anyone, they should apologize to that person.  It seems from what we've seen that Rindah, certainly, has done that.  I doubt any of the people Leah hurt are still talking to her.

I think they view doing this show as an act of contrition and atonement. 

• Love 11

Question on Leah. Was her husband already a member of CO$? Or did she bring him into the fold?

Was he a very devote member?  

I am just curious as to how she was able to pull him (and her mother and sibling(s) away from the church and Mike was unable to do this with his wife and kids.

Leah's mom explained on the show this week and before that by the point Leah left, she (mom) was just in it for her relationship with her daughters.  When Leah left, she was happy to leave as well.  

Imagine spending 500,000 dollars for someone to tell you you are who you are.  I would have leapt over the desk and just started throttling people.

• Love 11

I'd imagine that Leah was bankrolling the entire family when it comes to Scientology auditing sessions/classes, so when she left their relationship with Scientology would have changed significantly regardless if they left or not.  It was probably easier for Leah to take her family with her than Mike.  

• Love 8
On 9/7/2017 at 11:24 AM, greekmom said:

Question on Leah. Was her husband already a member of CO$? Or did she bring him into the fold?

Was he a very devote member?  

I am just curious as to how she was able to pull him (and her mother and sibling(s) away from the church and Mike was unable to do this with his wife and kids.

She talks about this in her biography. She was having an affair with him, Angelo, and got him to take a class. She then confessed about her affair to an auditor, and the auditor had her break off the affair and told Angelo to attend marriage counseling with his wife through the church. Sometime later, he and his wife divorced and he reconnected with Leah.

He wasn't as deep into it as she was, so when she left he did too.

• Love 3
On 8/7/2017 at 12:44 AM, Maharincess said:

The nails aren't as bad as what she's done to her face. I don't watch Kevin James ' show but I watched the episodes she was on and her face actually made me sad. I don't know if the work was too fresh or what but she looked awful and her mouth didn't move very well.  I don't have social media so I don't follow her anywhere but here and her various shows so I don't know if she still looks the same or not.  

I hope that didn't sound too harsh and shallow. I really do like Leah, I always have and King of Queens is one of my favorite shows, it just made me sad that she felt she had to do that to her naturally beautiful face. 

Just binge-watched the two seasons in the past few days...Agreed on the face - the way she  lines her lips into an oval when her upper lip has a nice Cupid's bow makes her look like a blow-up doll.  I've really found the show fascinating, but keep getting distracted by the way her face never seems to move. 

Also, hardly anyone on the show ever seems to shed an actual tear despite the amount of sobbing and tissue-dabbing we see. I'm not doubting the truth of the stories, but so many of the breakdowns seem scripted, and the cast is comprised of people with no acting chops. It always takes me into a place where I begin questioning how much exaggeration there might be, and I hate that it makes me react that way since Scientology is obviously a horrible organization and it shouldn't take overplayed and underacted to try to give the stories more  impact.

On 12/5/2016 at 7:01 PM, zxy556575 said:

Leah is a pretty specific type for casting purposes (the brash friend with zingers), but I hope she continues to get work. I've always liked her as an actor, limited range notwithstanding. I watched her reality show and she seems to provide some financial support for her extended family as well.

I read that some former Scientologists still follow the teachings on their own even though they disagree with the church leaders. Audit each other? I don't know. It doesn't seem like Leah is doing that, but she does still seem to think that the religion itself has good things to offer.

As Leah has aged, IMHO, her body type has changed and she has grown a great deal more attractive (I'm trying to say "sexy" but I'm afraid of not being P.C.).

I think there are plenty of roles for a lady in her 30s, 40s or 50s (Leah can play any of those ranges) who have a very sultry yet beautiful "look".  I can imagine many roles she can play well. Leah.

I think Leah is one of the most beautiful (and most sexy) ladies on the scene today and there are a huge number of lady actors that are currently working that Leah could join with no problem - again IMHO.

I started to make a list but had to give up because there were just so many. Here is the beginning of my list:

Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Pfeiffer, Elizabeth Hurley, Christie Brinkley, Monica Bellucci, Jennifer Aniston, Kelly Hu, Jennifer Connelly, Rachel Weisz, Amy Adams, Charlize Theron, Sharon Stone, Kathy Ireland, Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore, etc.

IMO, Leah should have no problem working for many more years to come.

Edited by MisterBluxom
15 hours ago, MisterBluxom said:

As Leah has aged, IMHO, her body type has changed and she has grown a great deal more attractive (I'm trying to say "sexy" but I'm afraid of not being P.I.).

I think there are plenty of roles for a lady in her 30s, 40s or 50s (Leah can play any of those ranges) who have a very sultry yet beautiful "look".  I can imagine many roles she can play well. Leah.

I think Leah is one of the most beautiful (and most sexy) ladies on the scene today and there are a huge number of lady actors that are currently working that Leah could join with no problem - again IMHO.

I started to make a list but had to give up because there were just so many. Here is the beginning of my list:

Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Pfeiffer, Elizabeth Hurley, Christie Brinkley, Monica Bellucci, Jennifer Aniston, Kelly Hu, Jennifer Connelly, Rachel Weisz, Amy Adams, Charlize Theron, Sharon Stone, Kathy Ireland, Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore, etc.

IMO, Leah should have no problem working for many more years to come.

Well, except for that whole "No Scientologist will ever hire you ever and Tom Cruise will do anything to black ball you" thing.

• Love 3
On 7/31/2017 at 6:19 PM, Maelstrom said:

"Well, that's true as fuck!"

HAHA. Leah is awesome. Thanks for sharing, Winterfalls.

If most anyone was held in a cult against their will for many years, I would think their language could easily develop to contain a bunch of curse words and they would also freely curse and swear at their tormentors.  I'm fairly certain that I would talk to them in that way and I would also want to lash out at them in some physical ways. Depending on my age and my knowledge of the laws concerning the minimum age at which children could be arrested and charged with criminal offences, I think I might also want to strike back at those people in some kind of physical way - such as punching or kicking, etc.

Edited by MisterBluxom
On 12/7/2016 at 12:42 AM, RedheadZombie said:

I've been completely pro-Leah since she left CO$.  But there have been times that I found myself irritated that her focus seemed to be:  Why does Tom Cruise have so much power?  Why did they attempt to separate me from J.Lo?  Where's Shelly (which is actually a very important question)?

But then I realized, it was this frustration that finally drove her to the internet.  Members are forbidden to read any CO$ criticism, so all of what she read what pretty new to her.  She seems to now focus on the fact that she wants to protect families from being destroyed.  And she wants to keep people from throwing away decades of time and money on what she now realizes is a "cult".  Whatever got her to the truth, she got there.  And she's using her biggest asset, her big mouth, to inform the world.  I'm cool with it.

I recently read someone's POV that Tom Cruise may be getting paid by CO$ because they think he will bring in new members/dupes/victims. I'm really sorry but I can't remember who posted that or in which forum they posted it. However, it's interesting to contemplate. If there is some kind of financial arrangement between Cruise & Miscavige, one interesting question would be, "Who is getting the better deal"?

Even without knowing who is getting paid and how much they may be getting, it's difficult to estimate just who gets the better value from whom.  Personally, I don't think TC would be worth hardly anything to CO$.  But I really have no idea. It would be funny if it works out that this association actually benefits TC more than CO$. After all, the controversy may actually encourage people to go see his movies. Most all of his recent movies seemed to me to be fairly bland and uninteresting. The last one I saw was, "The Last Samurai" and as much as I'd like to slam one of his movies, I actually enjoyed that film very much.  My enjoyment didn't have much to do with his acting (or anyone else's acting).  But the script was very well done and the overall concepts underlying the story were truly excellent. However, aside from that one film, I've seen maybe 2 or 3 other TC  films and they were all pretty much "duds".  I don't understand why Valkyrie (sp?) was successful. I thought it was terrible. But of course, YMMV.

Edited by MisterBluxom
On 12/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, MamaMax said:

Well, except for that whole "No Scientologist will ever hire you ever and Tom Cruise will do anything to black ball you" thing.

Yes. That is true. However, I have to wonder just how many people are now influenced by TC. I would guess there is a good chance he is all on his own now.

On 7/26/2017 at 6:07 PM, WInterfalls said:

I don't know if you've seen the newest promo for the show on facebook, but it's great! 

She's not here to play nice anyway! HAHAHAHA

Wow! That promo was really excellent. A little humor goes a long, long way in a show like this.

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, MisterBluxom said:

I recently read someone's POV that Tom Cruise may be getting paid by CO$ because they think he will bring in new members/dupes/victims. I'm really sorry but I can't remember who posted that or in which forum they posted it. However, it's interesting to contemplate. If there is some kind of financial arrangement between Cruise & Miscavige, one interesting question would be, "Who is getting the better deal"?

He's definitely been groomed to bring in new members any way he can.  You can find multiple articles about how he's insisted on having a Scientology information tent on his sets (for War of the Worlds it was set prominently next to the food services tent).  He's also been quoted as saying he offers producers, directors and co-stars "free" tours of the COS celebrity center.  IDK about an outright financial arrangement going from Miscavige to Cruise.  More likely it's COS propping Cruise up and giving him perks (in the form of things  like free household labor from COS members) and Tom thinking he's doing right by bringing new people into the fold.  Leah had the same thing although probably at a lower level than Cruise (no offense to her just we know how deep in Tom's pocket Davey is) when she shares some interview snips from her time as a scientologist you can see it.  It would be great if her message got to Cruise or Travolta or other big names but it's pretty unlikely.  I do love her strength though, her little jabs like "Not true, I pay her more than that" or telling Farrakhan how her name is pronounced.  COS & Davey just can not learn that their doubling down on attacks and attorney letters about her show and her personally only make her more determined and them look more guilty.  Honestly if this were a fiction book we'd find the Miscavig character outrageously over the top like a stereotypical mustache twirling villain- reminds me I have Leah's book on reserve from my library a little late getting around to reading it but can't wait for who ever has it to return it!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

He's definitely been groomed to bring in new members any way he can.  You can find multiple articles about how he's insisted on having a Scientology information tent on his sets (for War of the Worlds it was set prominently next to the food services tent).  He's also been quoted as saying he offers producers, directors and co-stars "free" tours of the COS celebrity center.  IDK about an outright financial arrangement going from Miscavige to Cruise.  More likely it's COS propping Cruise up and giving him perks (in the form of things  like free household labor from COS members) and Tom thinking he's doing right by bringing new people into the fold.  Leah had the same thing although probably at a lower level than Cruise (no offense to her just we know how deep in Tom's pocket Davey is) when she shares some interview snips from her time as a scientologist you can see it.  It would be great if her message got to Cruise or Travolta or other big names but it's pretty unlikely.  I do love her strength though, her little jabs like "Not true, I pay her more than that" or telling Farrakhan how her name is pronounced.  COS & Davey just can not learn that their doubling down on attacks and attorney letters about her show and her personally only make her more determined and them look more guilty.  Honestly if this were a fiction book we'd find the Miscavig character outrageously over the top like a stereotypical mustache twirling villain- reminds me I have Leah's book on reserve from my library a little late getting around to reading it but can't wait for who ever has it to return it!

Her book is freely available in audio format. I listened to it all over a two week period when I was eating lunch. It was really good. Very informative. You might try to search the Net for a copy. AFAICR, it is available for free. I just don't remember where.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Just total speculation on my part, but I think Tom Cruise is the crown price. He will succeed Miss Cabbage. 

DM and TC are age 58 and 56, respectively, so there isn't really an heir-to-the-throne dynamic there.  I agree Little Tommy is the crown prince in status though.  I wonder if he and John Travolta vie for the same attention and accolades from Cabbage Head Their Fearless Leader.

2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Just total speculation on my part, but I think Tom Cruise is the crown price. He will succeed Miss Cabbage. 

In this post, I use the following aliases:  TS - The Scam (another name for CO$)    --    Mr Cabbage Patch - DM    --    TC - Tom Cruise

You may be right. AAMOF, I hope you are right. Please allow me to explain why.

First off, I hope TS will be long dead and gone before  Mr. Cabbage Patch  croaks. But if  TC  takes over for him when he dies, there are a few interesting things worth noting about TC.

To the best of my knowledge, TC has never had any experience running a business - never mind a multi-billion dollar business. I think the odds are that means there is an excellent chance he will run it straight into the ground (into bankruptcy).  I think that in order to succeed at running a business, most people really need to fail at least once or twice before they can ever succeed.  I've learned so much more from my failures than I've ever learned from my successes that I believe the odds are extremely high that in order to succeed at running a business, someone must first fail at trying to run one.  The lessons one learns from failing and the effect that has on one's psyche, are invaluable when it comes to successfully running a business.

Also, I think TC must have a very distorted view of the business world.  In order to succeed, he will need to spend most every minute of his day thinking about his business and his competition and figuring out what he needs to do to stay one step ahead of them. Running a successful business is a very difficult thing to do and IMHO, the future for TC running any kind of business does not look good. And it especially looks bad when it comes to running THE SCAM. Most everyone that TC has always imagined to be his faithful supporter will be unmasked and their true interest will be revealed - which is toppling him from power and seizing all of THE SCAM'S money and assets.

P.S. By "his competition" I meant other people trying to seize control of TS (the multi-billion dollar corporation). I did not mean other scam cults because so many of the others do not use the English language in their day-to-day operation.

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Tom Cruise likes being the Rock Star, but I can't see him being the business man who actually runs the CO$.  Honestly after Miss Cabbage's Stalinesque purges,  the declining membership, and all that Leah is doing, I can't see who, if anyone, will succeed him.

• Love 4

In 2006 Tom Cruise and his business partner took over United Artists and produced the invisible "Lions for Lambs" and the lamentable "Valkyrie". While Tom didn't run the business, he was involved to some extent. But the scenario fell apart after only two years and Tom went back to Paramount.

While Cruise may not have ever "run" a business, a guy at his level is usually deeply involved with the finances 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

DM and TC are age 58 and 56, respectively, so there isn't really an heir-to-the-throne dynamic there.  I agree Little Tommy is the crown prince in status though.  I wonder if he and John Travolta vie for the same attention and accolades from Cabbage Head Their Fearless Leader.

Maybe more of a First Runner Up, LOL. Should Miss Cabbage be unable to fulfill his duties....

On 12/12/2018 at 8:55 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

reminds me I have Leah's book on reserve from my library a little late getting around to reading it but can't wait for who ever has it to return it!

I will put a summary of what I remember about Leah's book in the following spoiler box. If you want to read the book and don't want to know the contents before you read it, then do not open this spoiler box. Some people might prefer to save the time reading it if they can see a brief summary of its contents.

I listened to Leah's audio book and it was the first audio book I have ever listened to. I enjoyed that aspect of it very much. There was something "comforting" about hearing Leah's voice describe all the horrors she witnessed while in this cult.

I don't think you will likely learn anything that you have not heard before. Leah describes her entire history in the cult. She takes the reader/listener through her adventure right from the very beginning up until the end. She also provides some insights and her personal opinions about the cult. But, overall, I would say that 98% of this book is a description of the events Leah experienced in the cult and I'm quite certain that I had heard all of it before I found her book. I'm not trying to discourage you from reading her book - quite the opposite. I'm happy that I did listen to her read her book.

If you have any doubts as to the way this scam operates and how they go about brainwashing their victims, then you may want to read/listen to the book. But if you prefer to save the time, I guess the thing I have to say is that you probably won't learn anything new reading her book.

I'll just close by saying the most interesting part of the book for me was the description Leah provided about how a young actor can go from poverty to becoming a part of a TV sitcom and what it was like for her to progress from her initial auditions with Kevin James up to her recognition as an experienced Hollywood TV actor. I also enjoyed hearing about how the Cult tried to pressure her to bring other people into the cult. Leah was so much more clever than they were. You may likely enjoy reading how she deftly blocked their attempts and essentially told them to get lost.

I fear that I may not have written much of value to you. If you decide to read her book, I believe you will enjoy it. Good luck to you.

• Love 4
On 12/15/2018 at 3:47 PM, MisterBluxom said:

In this post, I use the following aliases:  TS - The Scam (another name for CO$)    --    Mr Cabbage Patch - DM    --    TC - Tom Cruise

You may be right. AAMOF, I hope you are right. Please allow me to explain why.

First off, I hope TS will be long dead and gone before  Mr. Cabbage Patch  croaks. But if  TC  takes over for him when he dies, there are a few interesting things worth noting about TC.

To the best of my knowledge, TC has never had any experience running a business - never mind a multi-billion dollar business. I think the odds are that means there is an excellent chance he will run it straight into the ground (into bankruptcy).  I think that in order to succeed at running a business, most people really need to fail at least once or twice before they can ever succeed.  I've learned so much more from my failures than I've ever learned from my successes that I believe the odds are extremely high that in order to succeed at running a business, someone must first fail at trying to run one.  The lessons one learns from failing and the effect that has on one's psyche, are invaluable when it comes to successfully running a business.

Also, I think TC must have a very distorted view of the business world.  In order to succeed, he will need to spend most every minute of his day thinking about his business and his competition and figuring out what he needs to do to stay one step ahead of them. Running a successful business is a very difficult thing to do and IMHO, the future for TC running any kind of business does not look good. And it especially looks bad when it comes to running THE SCAM. Most everyone that TC has always imagined to be his faithful supporter will be unmasked and their true interest will be revealed - which is toppling him from power and seizing all of THE SCAM'S money and assets.

P.S. By "his competition" I meant other people trying to seize control of TS (the multi-billion dollar corporation). I did not mean other scam cults because so many of the others do not use the English language in their day-to-day operation.

One of the things about Co$ is that it is basically a blueprint for how to scam folks using high-pressure sales pitches and over the top marketing. If you were a psychopath, you could take the LRH handbook and use it to sell anything (questionable stock deals, real estate pitches gone wrong, MLM scams, etc.). So, I'm not 100% sure that TC couldn't make it work so long as he had the willing sales force beneath him. In point of fact, if Co$ was willing to make the split between local sales forces and "the church" a little more lucrative, you might just have the organization growing again instead of stagnating. That's the insidious part of this organization that no one really speaks of.

3 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

One of the things about Co$ is that it is basically a blueprint for how to scam folks using high-pressure sales pitches and over the top marketing. If you were a psychopath, you could take the LRH handbook and use it to sell anything (questionable stock deals, real estate pitches gone wrong, MLM scams, etc.). So, I'm not 100% sure that TC couldn't make it work so long as he had the willing sales force beneath him. In point of fact, if Co$ was willing to make the split between local sales forces and "the church" a little more lucrative, you might just have the organization growing again instead of stagnating. That's the insidious part of this organization that no one really speaks of.

There is only one fact that I can think of that may make it difficult or impossible for any successor to DM to succeed. That fact is that due to all the negative publicity and Leah & Mike's TV show, most people in this world now know that TS is indeed a brainwashing cult and a complete money grabbing scam. The atmosphere today is so very different than it was in the 1960s and 1970s. That is one big reason why I hope it will be so much more difficult for anyone to succeed today. But you never know. Someone with tremendous drive and perseverance could well find a way to make this thing live and grow. What a terrible shame that will be. What a terrible crime!

• Love 4
19 hours ago, MisterBluxom said:

I will put a summary of what I remember about Leah's book in the following spoiler box. If you want to read the book and don't want to know the contents before you read it, then do not open this spoiler box. Some people might prefer to save the time reading it if they can see a brief summary of its contents.

Thanks - I actually got the book this past Saturday morning.  And had finished it by Saturday night!  Lucky I didn't have much I needed to do this weekend, read it for a couple hours in the afternoon and the rest that night (I'm a pretty fast reader).  I kept saying I'd stop after the current chapter but couldn't put it down.  What amazed me was the money and the way they manipulate more and more $$$ out of people ($40,000 to "make up" for sneaking some meals at the flag restaurant?!?).  Second place for fascinating parts of the book was how much she lit into Tom Cruise and his involvement in COS, I figured he'd be mentioned but I didn't think she'd be that revealing.  It was pretty interesting and I hope she writes a sequel one day, I would have loved to read more details on the first few years just after she left including her and Rinder getting together, deciding to do the show etc.

On 12/15/2018 at 3:47 PM, MisterBluxom said:

TC - Tom Cruise

To the best of my knowledge, TC has never had any experience running a business - never mind a multi-billion dollar business. I think the odds are that means there is an excellent chance he will run it straight into the ground (into bankruptcy).  

I don't think Cruise is the heir apparent, I think he is and always will be the patsy kept in the dark and coddled with COS left hand stroking his ego while COS right hand is firmly rummaging around in his pocket to make sure they have full access to his wallet.  I get the feeling (possibly colored by having just read Leah's book) that Tom is a bit of a mental child; smart enough about some things but not nearly savvy or emotionally mature enough to run COS.   It is an interesting dynamic though - it's possible Davey won't be gone for 30 years or so and maybe (maybe) in 20 years or more he might think about grooming someone in his upper circle to take over.  But he seems more like the type to never fully trust anyone else and never let his power and control slip out of his hands for a second.  There are a LOT of words I think we could apply to Davey, ego-maniacal dictator, narcissus, tyrant, sadistic bully  (maybe we could just go with asshole?).  But even if he won't give up an inch of power right until the end Davey has already changed the culture of COS and the sad thing history shows is there's always another power hungry nut in the wings biding their time.  Somebody in his upper circle is just as sadistic as he is and that somebody is going to keep close enough to him and in his good graces long enough to slip in and take over just like Davey did when LRH died.

PS:  All this take over talk assumes COS will be here to need a leader!  Best case scenario is they lose their tax exempt status or even better fall apart completely!

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 8