Type keyword(s) to search

Leah Remini: Courageous or Foolhardy

• Start Topic

Leah Remini and British actress Jessica Gunning will star in What About Barb?, NBC’s gender-swapped TV adaptation of Frank Oz’s What About Bob? from 1991. The original film starred Richard Dreyfuss as a psychiatrist who has to deal with frustrating intrusions from one of his patients (Bill Murray’s Bob) while on vacation. In the TV version, Remini will play the psychiatrist—sort of echoing her “straight man” role from King Of Queens—with Gunning playing Barb, the annoying and attention-seeking patient.

http://www.avclub.com/article/leah-remini-star-nbcs-gender-swapped-what-about-bo-251426

Sounds funny, but I wonder what this means for the possibility of a season 2 of SAtA?

• Love 1

Because I've got a really sick sense of humour, I'm imagining Leah is building up all this good will and support by doing this programme and in a couple of seasons (say after S03, S04) she'll start her own cult!  [/totally kidding!!!!]  But I might be convinced to join just by how she's coming across in this show.  

• Love 3

Oh, boy they are hitting hard! Leah is "not nice" that's all they got? Weak sauce at best. That Stacey really has a screw loose. I guess Leah has finally gotten under their skin and they are coming at her. Jenna Elfman and Kirstie Alley jumped into the fray as well. You wouldn't catch my corpse watching Jenna's new show, she is getting exactly nothing from me.

I think Leah is very upfront and confrontational but that certainly doesn't make her a bad person, I think those are admirable qualities because most people don't say what they really think. I am sure Stacey didn't think she was a bad person when Leah was giving her money or at her bedside when she was having her baby, alone, without the father anywhere is sight or even named.

She is strong and knew this was coming, I can't wait for the next season!

• Love 6

Leah's career seems to be in a bit of an uptick since the show -- she has 5 credits already for 2017. Not so "washed up" as Scientology always refers to her.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Maelstrom said:

From Tony Ortega: a new attack page on Leah has appeared in anticipation of season 2. Because we all know Scientology never lies. *eyeroll*

Leah is a meanie!!  When she took in and supported her single mother African-American BFF she had the nerve to expect the friend to find a job!!  What a racist. 

• Love 3
On 3/24/2017 at 4:16 PM, Maelstrom said:

From Tony Ortega: a new attack page on Leah has appeared in anticipation of season 2. Because we all know Scientology never lies. *eyeroll*

Interesting development, thanks for posting the link, Maelstrom.

As an aside, it's nice to see that Mike Rinder is still the same Scientology-style attack dog he was when he was with the cult church. I suppose at least he is using his powers for good instead of evil this time though, so there's that ...

• Love 6

^^ I would imagine that kind of aggression is probably deeply ingrained in Rinder's psyche at this point, and would be hard to shake. But, like you say, he does seem to be using his powers for good at least.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Interesting development, thanks for posting the link, Maelstrom.

As an aside, it's nice to see that Mike Rinder is still the same Scientology-style attack dog he was when he was with the cult church. I suppose at least he is using his powers for good instead of evil this time though, so there's that ...

I think you had it right the first time.

Here's a podcast RuPaul did with Leah in 2014. Leah is good friends with Ru's co-host Michelle Visage and it sounded like were all having a blast. It's not about Scientology but anyone who has an hour to spare and likes listening to Leah gab will probably enjoy it.

CO$ kicks their attack on Leah into second gear:

LOL stupid Cult! These type 'confessionals' just make me love Leah more! Such ridiculous nonsense. I don't care if Leah is the biggest bitch that ever bitched. That has nothing to do with the abuses of this cult.

• Love 16

All of those recent interviews are ridiculous. None of these things are even remotely upsetting.  I mean, seriously her sister's husband's father says she wasn't nice enough to him when he was at her house for the holidays?  That's the best you can up with.  My brother's wife's parents have never once been in my house or fed anything by me ever.  I see them once or twice a year, but they are mostly focused on their grandchildren and converse very little with me.  It's all so laughable. 

• Love 7

I mean, seriously her sister's husband's father says she wasn't nice enough to him when he was at her house for the holidays?  That's the best you can up with.  

Right? My brother-in-law's ... sister-in-law's parents dog is never nice to me. Seriously. It is offensive!

• Love 5
(edited)

Pfft. All these so-called friends are complaining about things Leah supposedly did while she was still in the church. What does that say about Scientologists being the bestest communicators and most ethical people on earth?

Also, did any of these wienies submit a Knowledge Report on Leah at the time detailing her supposedly horrible SP behavior? Didn't think so.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 12
(edited)
23 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

I don't care if Leah is the biggest bitch that ever bitched.

Leah's been pretty upfront from the get-go that she has a strong personality and can easily rub people the wrong way - IIRC she outright states in her book that she can be a real bitch at times. And that fact doesn't negate the abuses CO$ has perpetrated one bit. And that's what Miscavige and Co. seem to forget. Leah's character doesn't change the fact that thousands of families have been split up, or bilked for all they're worth, and so on. Co$ dug their own grave. Trying to distract people with name-calling is just pathetic.

Edited by Maelstrom
they're not their
  • Love 15
(edited)

Shannon Burwell shares shocking info:

"We were both — we were the only two people in the make-up room at the time, other than the make-up people working on each of us...and she turned to her make-up girl, and she said, ‘What do I have to do, do I have to stick my hand up your bleep to get a rise out of you? And I was stunned, and the other — and you could tell that it actually kind of deflated the energy in the room. But because she was the star of the show, everyone had to kind of pretend that they thought it was funny."

OMG AN OFF COLOR JOKE FALLING FLAT -- DEVASTATING TO CIVILIZATION! SO MUCH  WORSE THAN SPLITTING FAMILIES APART!  DAMN YOU LEAH, DAMN YOU! 

Next up: Miscavige reveals Lean Remini  -- SPIRITUAL WHORE THAT SHE IS -- doesn't know a dessert fork from a salad fork. (YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT.  I BET SHE DOESN'T INTRODUCE THE OLDEST PERSON FIRST, EITHER! AND CHEWS GUM OUT IN PUBLIC! AND WEARS WHITE SHOES AFTER LABOR DAY! WHORE! WHORE!)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
(edited)

Leah, Kevin James, Tony Dovolani and Billy Joel having great fun at his concert. (The video is from a camera phone but I think that's Tony.)

I'm so fond of Leah that I even set a recording for Kevin's silly sitcom so I wouldn't miss her upcoming guest appearances.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

Leah, Kevin James, Tony Dovolani and Billy Joel having great fun at his concert. (The video is from a camera phone but I think that's Tony.)

I'm so fond of Leah that I even set a recording for Kevin's silly sitcom so I wouldn't miss her upcoming guest appearances.

Looks like she's having a lot of fun.  When she was a $cientologist she had to study whenever she wasn't working and missed out on this type of fun. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Lord Donia said:

He has a new sitcom?  Am I too late to see her guest appearance? 

On 4/9/2017 at 9:34 AM, wings707 said:

He has a new sitcom?  Am I too late to see her guest appearance? 

It's called Kevin Can Wait and airs on CBS on Mondays, I believe.

1 hour ago, deaja said:

It's called Kevin Can Wait and airs on CBS on Mondays, I believe.

It's on CBS Mondays at 8.  I like it, but it's gotten some lousy reviews.  He plays a retired cop with a lot of Doug Heffernan-isms, but there's enough different about it (they have kids, his wife isn't smart-mouthed, no parents living with them).  His brother (Cousin Danny on KOQ) plays his brother on the show (he's a firefighter).  I'm honestly not sure what people are expecting from it.  It's just a simple, lighthearted standard sitcom.  I love their neighbors (the ones from a foreign country - can't remember if they said where).  Ray Romano appeared on one episode, and in one episode he and his friends were at a Billy Joel concert (which is why I find that above clip kind-of funny).

Edited by funky-rat
18 hours ago, WInterfalls said:

These videos are so ridiculous! I can't believe the Co$ really thinks a few people complaining about Leah's attitude is going to sway the public's opinion away from her and towards the church?! I, for one, will always side with the party that has been accused of being rude and a diva vs the party that has been accused of lying, cheating, stealing, brainwashing, human trafficking, sexual assault, physical/mental/emotional abuse, etc. 

• Love 7

I've come to realize that the audience for these disclaimers isn't the public. It can't be. It's the true believers. They're the only ones who could possibly think it's valid to dismiss someone's accusations of abuse because they were kind of rude to a handyman who was working for them this one time. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Scientology isn't really trying to reach people who have no connection to them.  They are terrified that Leah might actually reach someone who is looking for a reason to leave. Someone who just needs a push.   These adds are trying to scare these people back in line.  

"See she's rude.  She's obnoxious.  She' isn't your hope.   She would step right over you.  You would be safer here with us. "

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, jenrising said:

Also, CoS has the details of every bad thing she thought, felt and did while a member, and those of many friends and family. And "she's rude" is all they've got left? Weaksauce.

3 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Scientology isn't really trying to reach people who have no connection to them.  They are terrified that Leah might actually reach someone who is looking for a reason to leave. Someone who just needs a push.   These adds are trying to scare these people back in line.  

"See she's rude.  She's obnoxious.  She' isn't your hope.   She would step right over you.  You would be safer here with us. "

I agree with both of these completely. It just almost gets comical that they think her "rudeness" is going to convince anyone that they are better in Scientology.  

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, WInterfalls said:

I agree with both of these completely. It just almost gets comical that they think her "rudeness" is going to convince anyone that they are better in Scientology.  

The Devil You Know is a strong motivator.  Add to that many of these people have years even decades in Scientology....and family.  Without someone out there to smile and offer a hand to hold and encouragement leaving must be scary as all hell.

I greatly admire anyone who does.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 3
On 5/19/2017 at 8:44 AM, jenrising said:

Also, CoS has the details of every bad thing she thought, felt and did while a member, and those of many friends and family. And "she's rude" is all they've got left? Weaksauce.

In addition to what was said above about reaching Scientologists rather than convincing the general public, I also think Leah's book took a LOT of wind out of their sails on trying to trash her with everything she ever discussed or admitted to in an auditing session. Particularly with regard to her husband. She literally put the worst parts of her life on the first page, and basically dared the reader and the Church to completly disregard the rest she has to say about herself, her family, and her time in the Church because of her mistakes, imperfections, and past bad choices. Probably helps further that her whole family left with her...she's a brave/tough chick. Her, "Yeah...AND WHAT" attitude is probably the hardest thing for the Church to try to figure out how to deal with.

• Love 7

As Rinder and others have said, COS is shrinking.  The numbers they claim are not accurate.

Seems clear that it made a lot of money in its hay day and is existing on the return of investments now, along with sucking those who remain dry. 

Leah, does not care about COS, they are little, little people and have no power in her life.  The Squirrel Squad is ridiculous.  But keep them active, I say!  Anything that continues to show the public how ridiculous they are is good.    

I believe Leah is giving strength to defectors who are operating out of a victim position so they can join the fight without fear of retribution.  Things have changed now that Leah has brought them into the light on TV.  That is the best vehicle.  You have to be somewhat informed to reach for a book or rent the 2 movies that are available. 

• Love 4

I have always felt that Leah is a gal that is nice enough when you get along but if you cross her she can turn from zero to major bitch in a second.  I kind of respect that because I am too people pleasing and I need to not give a shit more (not be mean but I definitely let people take advantage of me).

The COS really has poked the beast and it great that both Leah and Rinder can handle the BS.  The following, the stories, etc. they both have been able to handle the fair gaming thus far.

• Love 7
(edited)

Looking at Leah's IMDB page, her career has done nothing but benefit from her exposure on Aftermath -- 6 credits so far this year.

For 2017:

• Kirstie Alley: 0
  • Juliette Lewis: 0
  • Jenna Elfman: 1
  • Nancy Cartwright: 1
  • Kelly Preston: 1
  • Laura Prepon: 2
  • Erika Christensen: 2
  • Catherine Bell: 4
  • Elisabeth Moss: 6
Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/1/2017 at 8:14 AM, fountain said:

I have always felt that Leah is a gal that is nice enough when you get along but if you cross her she can turn from zero to major bitch in a second.  I kind of respect that because I am too people pleasing and I need to not give a shit more (not be mean but I definitely let people take advantage of me).

I agree and I think Leah would totally own that. In the new S1 episode, when they talked about Tommy Davis intentionally making John Sweeney (BBC journalist) lose it on camera so they could dismiss him as a raving lunatic, Leah said they showed her Sweeney's 'Dead Agent' file but didn't show her the video because she acted like Sweeney every day! 

Edited by absolutelyido
  • Love 5

Just read that Leah is going to be a regular next season on Kevin Can Wait. I will have to start watching again, it's a really bad show, but love Leah and will watch for her.

I don't know what that means for the other sitcom she is supposed to be in. Plus this show. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, msrachelj said:

Just read that Leah is going to be a regular next season on Kevin Can Wait. I will have to start watching again, it's a really bad show, but love Leah and will watch for her.

I watched it once & was uninterested, but I'll watch faithfully now just for Leah. Any success she has is a screw you to CO$ in my opinion & I'm happy to help. 

• Love 9
On 6/1/2017 at 9:14 AM, fountain said:

The COS really has poked the beast and it great that both Leah and Rinder can handle the BS.  The following, the stories, etc. they both have been able to handle the fair gaming thus far.

To anyone who has read her book, she makes no attempt to hide this part of her personality.  The CO$ really screwed up with how they handled her; she's not someone you want to screw the way they did to her.

On 6/4/2017 at 10:03 AM, msrachelj said:

I don't know what that means for the other sitcom she is supposed to be in. Plus this show. 

That show was not picked up to series which is why she will be available for "Kevin Can Wait"

It's an interesting story (and once again Scientology comes off as tone-deaf bullies with their aggressive tactics), but I'm a little skeptical of Donna the stepmom, to be honest. We know from Leah's book that she didn't have much contact with her dad after Vikki moved them to Clearwater, then L.A. I don't doubt that Donna is fond of Leah but think she might be exaggerating the extent their connection to puff herself up a bit.

I was also put off by Donna's name-calling and references to the age difference between her ex husband and his third wife. It's gross when Scientology does it in their videos and I'm not going to applaud that same behavior from the other side.

• Love 1