Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Call It Mother's Intuition

So Wes gets to fuck everyones lives up, and then cut a deal with the police?!?

I know it's only a show, but damn that makes me furious.  I was already out if Connor is #underthesheet, but now I kinda hope he is so I can he done with this show.

• Love 3

So, Wes is the "rat".

Of course, we only hear him say "take her down", so he could be referring to another "her" that isn't Annalise.  It would not surprise me at all if Wes and Annalise are in this together and there's some larger plan at work.

Obviously the show can't really continue with Annalise behind bars, so........

• Love 12

Not that I want it to be Wes but, there is probably some time between when he signs the paper and whatever went down in the house.

Because you know everyone else we've seen as 'safe' was seen -after- the fire. We don't know when Wes and the cops are set, before or after the fire? and are they the NY cops?

Edited by dgpolo
to add more
  • Love 4

LOVED this episode!

I screamed twice during the hour: first when Frank was lurking while Wes and Laurel were having sex; and then when we saw Wes safe at the end.

So not only is Wes safe, he's the one who snitches on Annalise. I wonder what takes him from loyal puppy to whistle blower in just 2 short weeks!

Why was that mother so damn evil? She was diabolical. Excellent performance by the actress, though

Yes, yes - the COTW was all about Thematic Resonance, but it worked in this ep. because the K5/Annalise dynamic is just as twisted as the one that mother had with her kids. Speaking of...

The group firing squad aiming their ire at Annalise was intense. Really well done by all the actors. BUT...did these fools forget Annalise is the reason they haven't spent a day in jail. 

I hope President Hargrove knows that Annalise will be back to collect on that favor.

Thank you, show for giving me some nice Wes/Laurel moments in this episode. You know, before you blow it all to smithereens. 

The Frank/Bonnie break-up - I mean, damn, that was one helluva gut punch.

I continue to love this show, but it is so not good for my blood pressure.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, blackwing said:

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!  So disappointed that Wes is alive!  So that means that the dead body is Nate, Connor, or if they are really being cheap, Simon Drake.

Or Frank.

And from the opposite end of the pool:  YAY, Wes is alive!  I suspected that if he was going to be alive, he'd be one of the last two shown.

Edited by ProudMary
  • Love 7

Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggghhhhh!!!  So disappointed that Wes is alive!  So that means that the dead body is Nate, Connor, or if they are really being cheap, Simon Drake.

Frank is also an option. After tonight, I'm thinking it's him.

YAY, Wes is alive!  I suspected that if he was going to be alive, he'd be one of the last two shown.

OMG - I was psyched to see his face in the flashforward. I was bracing myself to have to live w/out Wes/Annalise scenes.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 5

Count me in as bummed that Wes is alive...and it really feels like Frank is dead...and that's not really a shocker to me..His arc is aimed that way..

This whole episode had a lot of great emotional moments...but I think Bonnie made me jump when she screamed "Get Out!!!!" to Frank....and I loved Asher's excitement over Connor and Ollie being back together...

They are a sick, twisted family aren't they?

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

Because you know everyone else we've seen as 'safe' was seen -after- the fire. We don't know when Wes and the cops are set, before or after the fire? and are they the NY cops?

I'm pretty sure that scene is after the fire too.  The same cops interviewing Annalise are the ones with Wes asking him to sign off on his testimony.  Seems like they left the interview room with Annalise and went in to another room with Wes.  The cops are in the same clothes in both scenes.

• Love 2

Yeah, Wes was in love with Rebecca which I feel is why they're all in the mess they are today.  I didn't get it when Connor was blaming Analise (don't even get me started on Michaela blaming Analise for sleeping with Caleb. Wtf). Wes and Rebecca's inability to follow instruction properly are the reason Analise had to keep wiping her floors down. Duh.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 14

Did Wes really say he's wanted to be with Laurel since the first day of class?  What about his insta-lurveeee! for mopey girl Rebecca?  Wasn't he pining for her then?  So he was insta-in-love with 2 girls?  Sigh.  

I've got my Wes and Wes/Laurel fan glasses on here, but I interpreted that to mean that he liked Laurel the first day of class - maybe even harbored a crush on her for a while - but he assumed that she'd never be interested in him, so he put the possibility of them getting together out of his mind. Doesn't mean his relationship with Rebecca wasn't genuine (and I say that as someone who wasn't a fan of the Wes/Rebecca pairing).

• Love 17
39 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I don't think we know Wes is alive. That scene looked like it was in the present time, not the future time. I don't think we learned about any new person being alive this week. We just learned who the rat is.  

They are clearly going to make us think Wes could be dead as long as possible (if he is alive).

• Love 2

What I couldn't get out of my mind was Wes runs into Nate, who happened to be in a suit, who tells him he just came from a meeting with the prosecutors' office.  Just makes me a bit suspicious of what's going on with him.  Isn't he dating the assistant district attorney?  I thought Wes's meeting was in present time but even if it was in the future, it doesn't mean it he was the 'source'.  Maybe he was signing to attest she didn't set fire to the house in return for immunity.

I've always thought the body under the sheets was either Nate or Frank.  I don't think they would kill off Wes or Connor.

Bonnie continues to be one of the most interesting characters on the show.

• Love 8

I mean they can't kill off Connor after tonight. I mean, for Oliver to admit he misses him and realized that Connor accepted him for all he is was really touching.

They make such a good and realistic gay couple and I'd be disappointed and sad if they cut that short by killing Connor.

I don't think a Keating 5 member dies, because Connor is the only one left of the 5 to not be shown and if it had been stated a K5 member dies, now it's very anticlimatic.

Have they started shooting 3B yet? Cause Jack Falahee is apparently at the Mayan Ruins now. Odd for him to be so far away on vacation if they're shooting.

1 hour ago, dgpolo said:

Not that I want it to be Wes but, there is probably some time between when he signs the paper and whatever went down in the house.

This. I'm not entirely sure the show is being clear or honest about the timeline.

I'm not convinced that Wes is alive at all. Are we certain that police interview wasn't from before they arrested Annalise/ before the fire? What if he was giving evidence about some one of the other many, many crimes, and they ended up questioning her on the basis of knowing she knew he had turned against her? Wes IS just silly enough to march into AK's home and tell her what he'd done. 

Also, I don't think Laurel was asking Meggie to call Wes when she wrote his name on that piece of paper. I think she was asking if he was ok. I think he was in that house with her, and her first thought when she regained consciousness was to ask about him, probably because of what she had seen just before she passed out. To me, she reacted in a way that indicated she knew Wes was in danger. One of them was probably in there trying to rescue the other.

After tonight with all their blissful love scenes, and Wes confessing that he liked her from the first day, I'm doubly convinced that it's either Wes or Laurel who dies. That seemed like a swan song scene. All those lovey dovey moments were to increase the impact of the upcoming death. Besides, no one on this show gets to remain happy for long. Everyone gets shat on eventually.

Edited by LaJefaza
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Bama said:

So, Wes is the "rat".

Of course, we only hear him say "take her down", so he could be referring to another "her" that isn't Annalise.  It would not surprise me at all if Wes and Annalise are in this together and there's some larger plan at work.

I'd be pretty cheap to have Wes's "her" be someone other than Annalise. I could see Annalise and him concocting a way to get Wes out from under the whole Mahoney mess.

The show is "How to Get Away with Murder," not "How to Get Caught For Murder." I'm sure that Anni will beat this rap the same way she's beat the other ones.

1 hour ago, Gillian Rosh said:

The group firing squad aiming their ire at Annalise was intense. Really well done by all the actors. BUT...did these fools forget Annalise is the reason they haven't spent a day in jail. 

I hope President Hargrove knows that Annalise will be back to collect on that favor.

Thank you, show for giving me some nice Wes/Laurel moments in this episode. You know, before you blow it all to smithereens. 

The Frank/Bonnie break-up - I mean, damn, that was one helluva gut punch.

I continue to love this show, but it is so not good for my blood pressure.

They remember that Anni saved their asses, and that's part of why the resent her...because she's put all of them in a no-win scenario.

I think President Hargrove will be more than happy to pay that favor back...between the sheets.

It's a bit of a retcon that Wes and Laurel were both in like from day one, but I'll allow it. 

1 hour ago, sisterspoon said:

What surprised me is that Oliver had not told his prospective boyfriend that he was positive.  

I'd imagine that a lot of people are not going to bring up being HIV+ until the last minute. And with Oliver not really being smart about dating, and perhaps, wanting to sabotage his thing with the prospective boyfriend and to reunite with Connor, I'm not too surprised.

1 hour ago, aquarian1 said:

Did Wes really say he's wanted to be with Laurel since the first day of class?  What about his insta-lurveeee! for mopey girl Rebecca?  Wasn't he pining for her then?  So he was insta-in-love with 2 girls?  Sigh.  

I got inspired to pull up the pilot on Netflix. In case people didn't remember, Wes was on the spot to answer a question about the mens rea of their first case (the Aspirin Assassin) and he was kind of frozen before Laurel volunteered the answer. I would have fallen in love a little with a fellow student who bailed me out of a jam like that too. 

Of course, Wes was thought by Michaela and Connor to be flirting with Michaela too, so maybe he was just on the move, and things happened to work out with Rebecca.

1 hour ago, bantering said:

Yeah, Wes was in love with Rebecca which I feel is why they're all in the mess they are today.  I didn't get it when Connor was blaming Analise (don't even get me started on Michaela blaming Analise for sleeping with Caleb. Wtf). Wes and Rebecca's inability to follow instruction properly are the reason Analise had to keep wiping her floors down. Duh.

Anni did tell Michaela to use her boobs to get what they needed out of Caleb. Now that may not be the same as "go screw him," but it certainly could be considered a push. 

• Love 2

I rewound the part when Michaela said "Asher?" and raised her eyebrows and licked her lips like 7 times.

Wes is alive?  I didn't even get that.  Good.  He's the only reason I'm watching.  It's certainly not because I can comprehend the plot.

I think in Season 1 I used to LOVE the law cases and now they are just the doldrums.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

So in order, we've learned that Annalise (obviously), Oliver, Bonnie, Laurel, Michaela, Asher, and now Wes are alive.  (Yes, Wes is, too.  We were told from jump that we would learn each week one person who is not under the sheet.  It's not a trick.  He's safe.)  So that leaves Frank, Nate, and Connor.

After being fairly sure for weeks that Nate won't be the one due to his reduced screen time, I'm wondering now if he is?  They already showed Annalise meeting a potential new guy, and if they intend to go somewhere with that, then there's no further need for Nate.  Could be Connor, as well.  If he and Oliver are now back together, then that seems like the perfect way to give him a swan song.  Frank?  Well, as was said above, his arc feels finished now.  Annalise doesn't want him around anymore.  Bonnie doesn't want him around anymore.  And I'm thinking Laurel doesn't want him around anymore, either.  No further use for him, either.

Damn.  Any of the three remaining ones could be under there now.  I'm feeling intense waiting to see whom it is!

Edited by Michel
  • Love 5

I rewound the part when Michaela said "Asher?" and raised her eyebrows and licked her lips like 7 times.

I know, LOL, me too. It was like they were some married couple, the serious wife ready to get down to "business" trying to keep her goofy husband focused and on track. He is so goofy cute. I keep having to remind myself that there's a cloud of murders hanging over them when they make me chuckle the way they do. I keep thinking how the hell are we getting out of this series without them all ending up dead or in jail?

I guess that's when we'll see for sure who's the best at getting away with murder, whoever is left standing and free.

When she called out to Connor because she noticed something was up with her duvet cover, hilarious. I sure hope it's not Connor under that sheet, boy will I miss him. That's going to depress me, seriously depress me. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 3

I didn't think Wes asking for blanket immunity was at the same time that Annalise is sitting her ass in jail. I thought Wes trying to strike a deal was in the past. I don't think the detectives wearing the same clothes is that big of a deal because if you take a pic of me today I'm in the same outfit I wore 2-3 weeks ago. 

I was hoping Laurel wrote, "Wes," because he was in the house with her. Maybe she wrote his name because she knows he's a snitch or he started the fire.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LaJefaza said:

I'm not convinced that Wes is alive at all. Are we certain that police interview wasn't from before they arrested Annalise/ before the fire?

The clothes the male and female police officers are wearing in their scene with Annalise where they're talking about someone turning her in are the same clothes they're wearing in the scene where they give Wes the 'deal' to sign.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, RedVelvetWaffles said:

I don't think the detectives wearing the same clothes is that big of a deal because if you take a pic of me today I'm in the same outfit I wore 2-3 weeks ago. 

Both detectives, though?  The show would lose major credibility if it were to pull a stunt like that.  Two detectives just happen to wear the same outfits they both wore on the same day a few weeks ago.   ?????

ETA:  The only "sheet" I want to see Connor under is the sheets he shares with Oliver.  *wink*

Simon Drake has so much screen time  lately, so I'm afraid he'll be the one who will replace someone dead from the Keating Five. In that case I guess I'll be out. 

22 minutes ago, J.D. said:

The clothes the male and female police officers are wearing in their scene with Annalise where they're talking about someone turning her in are the same clothes they're wearing in the scene where they give Wes the 'deal' to sign.

It's probably the budget issue. 

41 minutes ago, J.D. said:

That may be true, but how could they arrest Annalise with info from an inside source if they didn't get that info until after Annalise was arrested?  I thought it had to be before, even if it was just earlier in that day.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ProudMary said:

Or Frank.

And from the opposite end of the pool:  YAY, Wes is alive!  I suspected that if he was going to be alive, he'd be one of the last two shown.

I totally loved how they revealed Wes alive.   From cowering wait list "puppy" to confident man ready to seemingly protect himself.  And I still love Annaliese!  I thought Connor or Frank would be the rat, so I was happy to be shocked it was Wes.  I also really liked Frank's creeper scenes and the breakup with Bonnie.  Liza Weil breaks my heart.  My favorite couple is still President College and AK though.  

• Love 3

Why are these idiots mad at Annalise for anything?  SHE is the reason none of their sorry behinds are in jail.

And, do we really know Wes is safe?  He was talking to the police but wasn't that BEFORE the fire?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Anni did tell Michaela to use her boobs to get what they needed out of Caleb. Now that may not be the same as "go screw him," but it certainly could be considered a push. 

Michaela still has agency though. It's not Analise's fault that Michaela was dumb enough to sleep with him.   It's not like it's impossible to control one's self when it comes to sex, especially when the person is your client with whom you're having professional discussions, not some  person you started kissing while drunk at the bar.

Annalise suggests that lawyers use their charm. It's part of the job to some extent to get the information you need (they've all done it, including Connor when he needed to get the old lady who was abused to admit to the Board why she killed her husband). But I think that's the extent of most mentors' advice.

All of these people are running around doing things she never told them to do (i.e most recently, Wes lied to the police about the blonde guy being at the scene of his father's murder; Frank randomly murders people). And yet most of them, with the exception of Frank which is probably why I have some sympathy for the half-sociopath/half-human and Bonnie,  have the gall to blame her. Most of the time she's giving advice that makes sense. It's when they decide to improvise and deviate from what she told them to do that they all land in trouble. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6
22 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

And, do we really know Wes is safe?  He was talking to the police but wasn't that BEFORE the fire?

Well, I think it's implied that Wes did give the information before the fire/Annalise's arrest because of the "anonymous source" line and then Wes getting immunity. However, we don't even know for sure that Wes is testifying against Annalise or another woman. I'm trying to think of who else could be the "her" in this scenario, but I think we're supposed to assume it's Annalise. That being said, I think Wes is safe because the show told us that we'd find out who's safe each week, and now they have a story for Wes for the next half season. 

I agree that Annalise shouldn't be the major person to be blamed, because everyone's had a part in it. However, it doesn't mean that Annalise still hasn't orchestrated and moved things around to benefit her. I didn't agree with Michaela's points toward Annalise at all, and I didn't fully agree with Connor. However, Connor is right in that she did make sure that he didn't go to the police several times over. He could have gone anyway and that's on him, but she did blackmail him and Michaela when they wanted to go tell about Sam, so Annalise is not innocent in this either, not by a long shot. But these kids need to redirect their anger to themselves. 

I bought Laurel/Wes during their beginning scene, so that's something. And then he told her that he liked her/loved her from the first day of classes and I call bullshit. Maybe he had a crush, but I don't see it. I see the show pulling out this pairing into the fold late last season. I don't buy that they had any idea that these two would get together, especially not with Rebecca in season 1. Although I barely remember season 1, so there's that.

I'd love for Nate to be the one under the sheet because he has no purpose on the show, but now I get the uneasy feeling that it's Connor. They're certainly planting seeds. Connor/Oliver get back together rather quickly, Connor gets all of his anger out on Annalise, Connor doesn't really have much set up anymore, Flyer Boy is starting to integrate with the K5 as if he's being prepped to take someone's place, and it would be an emotional death. By the way, why did these two break up for seven episodes, anyway? And then they rushed their reunion. It just felt somewhat unnecessary and it didn't make me like Oliver at all. But yeah, Connor is unfortunately my #1 pick and I hate that I feel this way. 

I guess it could also be Frank, since everyone hates him and it's possible that he could have been trying to save Laurel in the fire, thus somewhat redeeming him. But I like the ambiguity of Frank, so I'd rather not. He's still an interesting character for me. His scene with Bonnie was so good and so heartfelt. You just know that Bonnie's right, but I felt for Frank, probably for the first time ever. And Charlie Weber did such an amazing job with that scene. 

Man, the elderly woman in the case of the week pissed me right off. What an awful human being. I enjoyed Laurel's takedown of her, though. Laurel and Connor might be the two best aspiring lawyers for me. 

I really like President College. I wonder if she's actually being set up to be a romantic interest to Annalise, or if they will just end up being friends. I hope she doesn't become the mystery in the next season. Annalise needs more friends. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, J.D. said:

I thought that police interview with Wes was taking place earlier that same night, before the fire, so to me that explained why they were in the same clothes. Wes could have made his deal and got immunity and went straight to Annalise to tell her off, which he had neglected to do at the appointed time with the rest of the petulant brats.

Edited by LaJefaza
  • Love 1

By the way, why did these two break up for seven episodes, anyway? And then they rushed their reunion. It just felt somewhat unnecessary and it didn't make me like Oliver at all.

I'm so over Oliver. It's a shame that Connor likes him so much because he should have made him put in some work to get him back. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Bama said:

So, Wes is the "rat".

Yeah, as soon as I saw that Wes was the "rat," my first thought was that there is no way this isn't some grand scheme that Annalise is in on as well.

12 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't think we know Wes is alive. That scene looked like it was in the present time, not the future time. I don't think we learned about any new person being alive this week. We just learned who the rat is.  

They are clearly going to make us think Wes could be dead as long as possible (if he is alive).

It was definitely in the future time; you can tell, if by nothing else, by the lighting they use in all of their flashforwards. The scenes are darker and have a sort of green/blue tint over them.

I'm not completely against the idea that Wes's ratting happens that same night, but before the fire. However, the whole point of this season is to reveal who is "safe" each episode, so it would be a little cheap to show him and then do their time-warpy stuff in episode 9 and have him be under the sheet. I am surprised he's still alive though. Him dying would have been the most dramatic thing the show could have done.

On the other hand, there's a pattern to this show's half-season reveals. Season one: it wasn't all that shocking that Wes killed Sam to save Rebecca. What was shocking? The fact that Annalise knew and was behind the cover-up. Season two: Wes being the one to shoot Annalise was sort of a given, but no one was expecting the big Christophe revelation at the end. So by this logic, I think the body is either going to be Frank or Nate, for the simple fact that they are the most obvious choices. Frank has pretty much burned all of his bridges in Philadelphia, and Nate has turned into something of a non-entity this season. But this show is sort of good about making their big hashtag questions to be red herrings. Whoever's dead doesn't really matter compared to whatever big surprise/reveal we're not even looking for because we're too caught up in the under the sheet business.

12 hours ago, Dee said:

Michaela giving Connor hell for messing up her duvet was the best part of the episode.

Agreed. I laughed so hard.

11 hours ago, PBGamer89 said:

Have they started shooting 3B yet? Cause Jack Falahee is apparently at the Mayan Ruins now. Odd for him to be so far away on vacation if they're shooting.

No, they haven't started shooting 3B yet. Karla is in Fiji and Matt has joined the Dakota access pipeline protesters. And Charlie and Liza ran into each other in New York yesterday per Charlie's Instagram.

Color me shocked, but I actually found Wes and Laurel kind of cute this episode. I still think they're chemistry is more brother-sister/besties than romantic, but I don't scowl when they pop up together on my screen anymore. I still don't want them to start playing house with their baby in the second half of the season though (the fact that Laurel woke up and is lucid enough to write a quick note gives me hope that she survives this thing). So stoked for the showdown between Frank and Laurel next week. And Frank's scenes with Bonnie were so intense. Liza is sort of the unsung talent on this show; she always delivers on these super dramatic moments.

Despite all Annalise has done for them, I can understand the K5 needing to vent their feelings about her. She's saved their butts, but she's played plenty of mind games to do it, and she knows that, or else she wouldn't have given them the opportunity. She knows if she pushes them too far, at least one of them will snap. I thought Michaela's rant was the most interesting: how she went from idolizing Annalise and wanting to be her to hating her guts, but yet she still has this need to please her.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, skotnikov said:

Simon Drake has so much screen time  lately, so I'm afraid he'll be the one who will replace someone dead from the Keating Five. In that case I guess I'll be out. 

It's probably the budget issue. 

What budget issue?

1 hour ago, Dream Boy said:

I'm so over Oliver. It's a shame that Connor likes him so much because he should have made him put in some work to get him back. 

Hmmm.... Interesting.  I see it another way, though.  Since head games are pointless, it would have been childish if Connor would have made Oliver work to get him back.  I think Connor knew all along that Oliver still has a self-esteem problem where he feels that 'handsome' Connor couldn't possibly be interested in 'average' Oliver and so Oliver broke up with him because he didn't want Connor to someday call them quits, and hurt Oliver deeper than if Oliver simply ended the relationship himself.  I feel Connor was giving Oliver space and allowing him to test Connor's love for him.  

Once Oliver came back, Connor took the high road and everything was water under the bridge after that.  (If you love something, set it free..... )  Connor's only interest is in moving forward, and if allowing Oliver to test his loyalty once in a while is what it's going to take to help repair Oliver's self-esteem, I think Connor's willing to do that.   (I should know.  I'm Connor).  :D

• Love 3

Either Meggy set the fire to get revenge on Wes for breaking up with her and Laurel KNOWS it was Meggy who set the fire and so that's why Laurel was in such a state of panic when she woke up in the hospital and saw Meggy "caring" for her  -- OR --  Wes set the fire and so when Laurel wrote "Wes" on the yellow notepad it wasn't because she was worried for his safety, it was because she KNOWS he set the fire and she was trying to tell someone.

(Ut oh.... my imagination is running rampant again).  ;P

• Love 3

Whenever the weekly cases tie into interpersonal themes between Annalise & Co. plus the Keating Five, it just seems to make for a more interesting episode. Last night's exploration of motherhood in all its iterations really worked because of the parallels Simon picked up on immediately. And in spite of our not-so-Fab 5 getting pilloried as ungrateful spoiled brats during the Keating roast, I LOVED watching them form like Voltron the minute it seemed as if Simon was crossing the line with a little too much venom towards Annalise. Hallmarks of a real familial bond no matter the dysfunction. "I may be furious with you and will do battle. But if an outsider tries it, better square up!"

Also really refreshing seeing Annalise be forced to contend with another formidable woman who's not only an equal, but ostensibly pulls rank re: university hierarchy. Lauren Vélez has been kinda hit or miss from the beginning, trying to pin down President Hargrove's motives, but her AA confessional was heartfelt and real. I'm into seeing where their relationship as work colleagues or more (I can't be the only picking up on some other subtext here) goes from here.

Kinda wish I didn't go on record already wanting Wes to be spared, because Lord knows it was a struggle to stay on the side of angels watching his self-inflicted missteps and potential betrayal of the one person who's gone above and beyond for him. And everything Waurel annoys me now. Given the fact that their mild flirtation at the start had to be retconned as being each other's OTP just felt 50 shades of cray. His ill-fated obsession with Rebecca is on the record and no amount of AU tweaks is changing that. Because of Laurel's pregnancy reveal, sleeping with Wes was a given but their physical interactions still seem like friends with benefits rather than actual passion. The funniest commentary probably came from Tumblr where someone posited it was easier to believe that Laurel/Wes were sneaking off to kill Frank than to deduce it was actually for a little afternoon delight.

It's really time to start drumming up Emmy buzz for Liza Weil's consistent S3 excellence. She was heartbreaking after being ditched in Coalport last week and every bit as ferocious unleashing a torrent of hellfire on Frank on home turf. Bonnie's probably the only one who could reduce a hitman for hire into a wounded puppy off sheer emotional force. Delfino did her way dirty with his disappearing act, but yet due to his desperation - still felt my heartstrings getting pulled in spite of how in the wrong he was. Fantastic work from her and Charlie.

"Okay, you sexualizing me without my permission is creating a hostile work environment." "She's right." "Thank you, Michaela." "Shut up, we're still not friends," might be the zinger of the season, really. No one does unfriendly Black hottie quite like Ms. Pratt serves it.

So, not only is Connor squatting on Michaela's sofa post-breakup, he hooks up with Oliver in her bed. Don't know why I keep waiting in vain for there to be any boundaries with his disrespect. A well-delivered punchline about an upside down duvet or not, that is some trifling ass shit. On the highest of keys.

14 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

My instant playback was right before that: when they staggered over to her apartment's front door, eager to get down to business and Asher began licking Michaela's neck in anticipation. ME-OW. These two are clicking on all cylinders.

How I plan on making it through two more weeks till midseason's finale with my edges and sanity still in tact is a code still uncracked. Next week has a viewer discretion notice warning too? Pete Nowalk's gonna be responsible for picking up the tab if this keeps up.

Edited by ribboninthesky
  • Love 11

I thought I was the only one who noticed that "viewer discretion" warning for next week.  I'm hoping for a steamy Connor and Oliver scene, but what I'll probably get is a nauseating Asher and Michaela hump fest.  That couple is a total mismatch.  She's beautiful and he's an ass!  

Maybe the "viewer discretion" warning has to do with us seeing Nate -- extra crispy.  Ew.  

I'll probably get is a nauseating Asher and Michaela hump fest.  That couple is a total mismatch.

Not for this viewer, they are the best couple on this show.  Next to Eve and Anna there hasn't been a couple that I've been that interested in until these two.  I like Connor and Oliver, but...I liked Frank and Laurel but... Wes and anyone? Nope. With these couples I'm not upset because they aren't/weren't together.  I like Connor and Oliver, but they can be in a room and I not be too overly upset that they aren't together except to feel for Connor, because he seemed so sad. Although, I still don't get why Oliver broke up with him.  I can't tell if Oliver really appreciates Connor, or was he getting off on what he feels is the high of Connor's  life with Anna and the rest of the Keating-5.  Now he's crawling back to Connor after rejection. Would he have come back to him if he hadn't been rejected? Somethings off about their break up I'm not getting it, because I don't think I'm fully getting Oliver's motivations here. I don't get what's going on internally for him and I can't remember exactly when things started to get rocky for them. I don't remember what Connor did exactly to Oliver.

Anyway, I am everything Asher and Michaela, I like his silly, carefree frat boy attitude, which would otherwise bug me in other circumstances. But he's a good balance with Michaela's more uptight, goal oriented personality.  When he was dancing around that room last week and she rolled her eyes, it was hilarious and on point to me. Someone like her needs someone who can bring some levity into her life and I thought he showed just how serious of a man he is when he was fighting to have something real with her last week. He can man up just fine IMO. At any rate, I tried not to get attached, because this is HTGAWM, and "happiness" isn't in the recipe for anyone, but it's too late. I can't wait till they get back to that mother of hers, can not wait. 

Edited by Keepitmoving
  • Love 13

I think Oliver will regret going to Connor. He was drunk,  feelings hurt, in need of human contact. That will make it even harder for Connie to be around him

dif anyone notice Wes's look when AK was talking with him and mentioned his mother? 

I would like to be Wes under the sheet. I don't think it is. I also think his confession is a trick