Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Call It Mother's Intuition

On Monday, November 07, 2016 at 9:48 PM, Keepitmoving said:

You know what I wonder, who is Bonnie speaking with on her cell when she's at the hospital in the flash forward? It can't be Anna because by that time Anna is in a jail cell without a phone.  She's not talking to Michaela, because Michaela finds out by the phone call from Oliver that was meant for Connor when her mother answered his cell phone. So who the hell is Bonnie updating about Laurel? She's not talking to Frank, or maybe they make up, nope, I don't think so. Whether he's dead or not, would she be calling him? 

This is mere speculation, but I think it's either Frank, Nate, or Wes at a different time.  Frank because she knows he still loves Laurel, Nate because Annalise might not be good with him anymore, Bonnie certainly still is, and Wes because she might know that he and Laurel are together by that time.

The thing is, she tells the person on the other side of the line: "You have to trust me on this", and the way she says it is tender, intimate. There are only two people she would treat this carefully, and one of them is in jail. That leaves only Frank. God I hope he's alive!

Edited by maddie965
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, maddie965 said:

The thing is, she tells the person on the other side of the line: "You have to trust me on this", and the way she says it is tender, intimate. There are only two people she would treat this carefully, and one of them is in jail. That leaves only Frank. God I hope he's alive!

Exactly, she sounds like it's familiar to her, there's a sound of personal connection and familiarity with which she is speaking to this person.  I just can't see her sounding that way with any of the Keating-5 except for maybe Asher because of the relationship they had at one time. But now I can't even see that since they barely acknowledge one another, which is fine by me since I love him and Michaela.

Edited by Keepitmoving

But if she wanted to soothe Wes, make him calm, would she tell him Laurel is pregnant? Why? That would make him freak out even more. It doesn't make sense to me.

1 minute ago, maddie965 said:

Edited by maddie965

While I like the Wes/Laurel pairing that drunken, "I love you" was a bit of a WTH moment for me.

I may be in the minority but I actually don't find this hard to believe. Laurel and Wes have always been very close and from the first season there was a clear line drawn between them and Connor and Michaela. With everything that they've been through I think it is more than believable that Laurel and Wes love each other. 

They worked hard to suddenly make him the sensitive and moral person last season when he refused to shoot Annalise.  

I didn't see that as them making him sensitive and moral but more what he said when he walked away, that he wasn't getting his hands dirty and wanted no part of another crime. Considering Connor and Michaela were the ones who were ready to go the police in S1 before Annalise convinced them that she could protect them, I thought his reaction to Annalise's plan was very in character. Also, Connor had a near breakdown the night Sam was murdered. After seemingly losing his mind and going into some hyper state, he later broke down to Oliver, which is why Oliver thinks he's a drug addict. Because that's the excuse he used to explain his freakout. 

But I remember the Connor who seduced a man for a case, then shrugged when it resulted in the man killing himself.  And I remember Connor dismembering Sam's body with apparent ease.  It felt they were aiming for psychopath, then backed off when they found the audience liked him 

It's all subjective because I remember Connor was very emotional when the guy killed himself, which is why it prompted him to make things official with Oliver. I also remember he seemed manic when dismembering Sam, then later was singing carols like a madman, all the while pointing out that they were never going to get away with what they did.

Connor and Michaela both had emotional breakdowns that night, while Wes and Laurel were both eerily calm and collected. Some people thought they were the ones who came across like the sociopaths. And I know I'm in the huge minority but I have never given a crap about the Oliver and Connor relationship, so that was certainly not what made me like Connor. I liked him just fine. Oliver could have left anytime in my opinion and after this season, he really can. I'm sick of Connor seemingly accepting scraps from Oliver because he thinks Oliver is such a better person than him because of all the crimes they've committed. Screw that. 

I remember him being the most upset over what happened to Sam, and it seems to have stuck with him longer.  Wes was all "Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca," Laurel revealed herself to be incredibly cold-blooded, and Michaela has kind of been hung up in her romantic entanglements.

This. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

Calling it now: The University President is going to be accused of killing her husband and Nina Horton is going to play a role in it. That scene just screamed set up for a later episode.

I loved Bonnie/Asher but Bonnie/Frank and Asher/Michaela are definitely more interesting pairings. Sad thing is for the people on this show there will not be any truly happy endings. They've all done way too much crap.

That Frank/Bonnie breakup WAS brutal.

Asher kissing Connor and Oliver's heads and hugging them because he was so happy they were back together. Connor's little smile that Asher was happy for them was too cute.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 3