Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

Shannon is seriously - seriously - blaming Vicki for her excessive eating/drinking, and, by extension, the new distance in her marriage. Newsflash, Shannon: what you put in your mouth is your responsibility. Heather and Tamra spread gossip about you in Season 9 and it didn't cause you to gain weight. David is distant because he is an asshole and you have a fucked up marriage.

I seriously hope she gets major flak for this.

I can't believe I ever liked this woman.

• Love 8

The worst part of it that the following season, Vicki tried to act like nothing had happened and denied ever admitting she had done it.

Which is par for the course...

• Love 2
12 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Shannon is seriously - seriously - blaming Vicki for her excessive eating/drinking, and, by extension, the new distance in her marriage. Newsflash, Shannon: what you put in your mouth is your responsibility. Heather and Tamra spread gossip about you in Season 9 and it didn't cause you to gain weight. David is distant because he is an asshole and you have a fucked up marriage.

I loved Shannon at the beginning because of her kookiness. What happened to her?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

I loved Shannon at the beginning because of her kookiness. What happened to her?

She got tangled up with Vicki, Tamra and Heather.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I'll be interested to see how Shannon presents the info about Vicki - she could actually provide a public service if she talked about the psychological and emotional damage done by narcissists like Vicki. Not everyone who has dealt with such a person turns to food or drink out of anxiety, but some do. If she says that of course it was her decision to eat and drink too much - and also explains how Vicki's sick, crazy-making behavior affected her - it could be helpful to viewers.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I'll be interested to see how Shannon presents the info about Vicki - she could actually provide a public service if she talked about the psychological and emotional damage done by narcissists like Vicki. Not everyone who has dealt with such a person turns to food or drink out of anxiety, but some do. If she says that of course it was her decision to eat and drink too much - and also explains how Vicki's sick, crazy-making behavior affected her - it could be helpful to viewers.

This would make more sense to me if Vicki were Shannon's mother or lover or close relative (and I say this as someone who was raised by an honest-to-God narcissist). But Vicki, at this point, is an estranged coworker whom Shannon barely talks to anymore. I've mentioned this before, but if Shannon is so deeply affected by Vicki that it is getting in the way of her health and happiness, then leave the show! But the fact remains these issues were all here before the Ireland trip last year - Shannon had already gained some weight - which, at the time, she said was hormonal - and we already spent all of Season 9 watching David barely tolerate Shannon neurotic behavior - and we even had the women talking about her drinking habits from her very first season. In fact, there was a lot of discussion about Shannon putting her frail marriage on public display, her preoccupation for it to work at at all costs ("divorce is not an option!") and the general unhealthiness of it all. For Shannon to basically suggest that all was well between her and David because of the vow renewal and that it's now all in jeopardy again because of Vicki, to me, is reductionist to the point of total immaturity. Now, IF Shannon were to say, "hey this conflict with Vicki opened my eyes to problems that were already here - like my compulsive eating and drinking and a marriage that wasn't as strong as I thought," then I could get behind it. But if she is making Vicki the CAUSE for these things, the she seriously needs to open her eyes to the reality of her life. 

• Love 8
(edited)

With all the money Shannon spends on Feng Shui, majic healing crystals, holistic healing/medicine etc., she can certainly afford to hire a personal chef to cook healthy, low cal, delicious meals for her. And I'm almost certain the Beadors have a fully equipped work out room in their home. And there are now drugs available through pharmaceutical companies (AND your doctor) that allegedly help curb your desire for alcohol. 

Edited by chenoa333
Afterthought
  • Love 8

It's possible that Shannon has been surrounded by cruel, predatory people her whole life - a parent, her husband, Vicki - and she's reeling but not yet connecting the dots. It'll be interesting to see what plays out.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

It's possible that Shannon has been surrounded by cruel, predatory people her whole life - a parent, her husband, Vicki - and she's reeling but not yet connecting the dots. It'll be interesting to see what plays out.

Oh, I would bet my life on this. Shannon has been fascinating to watch because you can see this energetic pattern that plays out over and over in her life where people completely gaslight her. I think that may be part of why I originally liked her so much - because Tamra and Heather were so awful to her, and it was easy to be on her side, especially because she generally handled them well. But the great thing about this show is that you get the chance to really see people live their lives for several years - it just seems like Shannon is always in some situation where people are provoking her, pushing her buttons or doing something unfair. But, at a certain point, it falls on all of us to connect the dots in our lives. Vicki might be "representing" or filling in for a deeper pattern in Shannon's life, but that's not Vicki's fault. I understand how seductive it is to point fingers at others when they are doing legitimately bad things toward you, but, at the end of the day, if you look around and see your life is constantly populated by cruel people or predators, then there is a point where you have to look at yourself and ask yourself how you're participating in drawing these people in and giving them life. Seeing Shannon storm out of Lydia's kid's birthday party in the exact same way she stormed out of her daughters' concert makes it very clear that Shannon has been conditioned to be a time bomb regardless of the situation - you can kind of understand it when it's her mother-in-law acting like a creep, but it's over-the-top when it's Lydia, whom you just met five minutes ago, and it's her 5 year-old son's birthday party (and, let's be honest, Shannon has been doing it since Season 9 when she stormed out of Lizzie's dinner party). I am sure it is completely unconscious on her part, but Shannon seems to have an investment in being misunderstood, provoked and unseen. She has a deep commitment to this energetic pattern. What Shannon doesn't yet realize is that this conflict with Vicki could be the greatest gift if she used it to look at herself and how this pattern keeps playing itself out. But as long as she keeps blaming others - Tamra, Heather, Vicki, Kelly, David, her mother-in-law - she is going to keep the same cycle going over and over. Admittedly, I find Shannon fascinating! I also find her frustrating because I do think she has a lot of great qualities and that she is someone who is genuinely doing worse for staying on this show. With some people - like, say, Vicki or Tamra or NYC's Ramona - it feels like the die is pretty much cast, they're going to be who they're going to be, so they might as well exploit themselves on reality TV for it - but Shannon feels to me like she has a salvageable life. She seems like the ultimate example of someone who should leave the show for the sake of her own good and focus on making herself happy.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 11
(edited)
55 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Oh, I would bet my life on this. Shannon has been fascinating to watch because you can see this energetic pattern that plays out over and over in her life where people completely gaslight her. I think that may be part of why I originally liked her so much - because Tamra and Heather were so awful to her, and it was easy to be on her side, especially because she generally handled them well. But the great thing about this show is that you get the chance to really see people live their lives for several years - it just seems like Shannon is always in some situation where people are provoking her, pushing her buttons or doing something unfair. But, at a certain point, it falls on all of us to connect the dots in our lives. Vicki might be "representing" or filling in for a deeper pattern in Shannon's life, but that's not Vicki's fault. I understand how seductive it is to point fingers at others when they are doing legitimately bad things toward you, but, at the end of the day, if you look around and see your life is constantly populated by cruel people or predators, then there is a point where you have to look at yourself and ask yourself how you're participating in drawing these people in and giving them life. Seeing Shannon storm out of Lydia's kid's birthday party in the exact same way she stormed out of her daughters' concert makes it very clear that Shannon has been conditioned to be a time bomb regardless of the situation - you can kind of understand it when it's her mother-in-law acting like a creep, but it's over-the-top when it's Lydia, whom you just met five minutes ago, and it's her 5 year-old son's birthday party (and, let's be honest, Shannon has been doing it since Season 9 when she stormed out of Lizzie's dinner party). I am sure it is completely unconscious on her part, but Shannon seems to have an investment in being misunderstood, provoked and unseen. She has a deep commitment to this energetic pattern. What Shannon doesn't yet realize is that this conflict with Vicki could be the greatest gift if she used it to look at herself and how this pattern keeps playing itself out. But as long as she keeps blaming others - Tamra, Heather, Vicki, Kelly, David, her mother-in-law - she is going to keep the same cycle going over and over. Admittedly, I find Shannon fascinating! I also find her frustrating because I do think she has a lot of great qualities and that she is someone who is genuinely doing worse for staying on this show. With some people - like, say, Vicki or Tamra or NYC's Ramona - it feels like the die is pretty much cast, they're going to be who they're going to be, so they might as well exploit themselves on reality TV for it - but Shannon feels to me like she has a salvageable life. She seems like the ultimate example of someone who should leave the show for the sake of her own good and focus on making herself happy.

And, yet, it might be the show that ultimately helps Shannon connect the dots - she may recognize evil intentions as well as her unconscious defensive responses when the familiar pattern involves someone who isn't actually family.

I have a love/hate thing with Bravo because the network also preys on cast members who are vulnerable through their own personalitiy disorders and/or addictions and those who have been damaged by them. Bravo is predatory and manipulative too - few healthy people would agree to be on these shows (unless it's strictly for money), and healthy, stable, happy cast members don't bring conflict/ratings. But it's also an opportunity for viewers to see how these sick, disordered people operate, and to avoid being hurt in their own lives - so love/hate.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, nexxie said:

And, yet, it might be the show that ultimately helps Shannon connect the dots - she may recognize evil intentions as well as her unconscious defensive responses when the familiar pattern involves someone who isn't actually family.

I was thinking how this would be the ideal situation for Shannon when I wrote this - unfortunately, it just doesn't seem like it is going down that road for her. Which is why I think the show has been bad for her. She seems to get angrier, shriller and more self-righteous every season. I think the best hope for Shannon is that she does get over-the-top in her blame game this season, and that viewers really give her hell for it, and that she then might stop to take a look at herself. She did see that she had a part to play in her bad marriage when Season 9 aired - hopefully she can use that same self-awareness here. But this is sophisticated stuff - I imagine she would need the help of a very good therapist or someone similar to help her navigate all of it.

(edited)

In the clip I saw, Shannon blamed Vicki's lie about David beating her for the stress that caused her to overeat and drink - it wasn't an over-the-top accusation, but a realization. I hope for the best for Shannon - her husband seems passive-aggressive and not much help on the emotional front. Shannon's health quest - trips to Dr. Moon etc. - suggests she knows there's a need for deep healing. I agree she'll need a good therapist or someone similar - but I've learned from experience that people aren't ready to deal until they're ready to deal, so she might have a ways to go on the crazy train.

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 12
(edited)

In reference to Lizzie's beach house dinner when Shannon blew her lid (I would NOT call it a mental breakdown as did Tamra and Heather) I would have gone off on Tamra. That biatch (Tamra) and her fake, insincere attempt by putting her hands on Shannon to try to "calm her down", like Shannon was an insane woman. Tamra is a vile, fake, p.o.s. and her intentions, faux Christian lifestyle, fake EVERYTHING, are as transparent as saran wrap. And Tamra's body is an Orange County California "6" at best. Put your clothes back on Tamra...your are the mother of teenage girls. Oh wait, I forgot...self centered attention whores are NOT concerned about how their behavior on national tv affects their kids lives.

Edited by chenoa333
Afterthought
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Ugh, I should have stuck with my original impression of her being a high maintenance, whiny shrew.   Shannon went back to suck in one short season.  

I loathe Vicki, but Shannon is responsible for her own shit.  Anyone with a brain can see what Vicki is.  She's someone you are friendly with, and good for a drunken night, but not friend material.  Shannon took the Crooks scam far too personally. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Great post. Wasn't there an issue with Meghan, too--- that Shannon felt Meghan wasn't respecting her (Shan's) ability to arrange large fundraisers or something?

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

That biatch (Tamra) and her fake, insincere attempt by putting her hands on Shannon to try to "calm her down", like Shannon was an insane woman. Tamra is a vile, fake, p.o.s. and her intentions, faux Christian lifestyle, fake EVERYTHING, are as transparent as saran wrap. 

These words cannot be repeated too often. ;-D

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Tamra is a vile, fake, p.o.s. and her intentions, faux Christian lifestyle, fake EVERYTHING, are as transparent as saran wrap.

This is part of why I have soured on Shannon - how she can detest Vicki so much while proclaiming Tamra of all people to be this great friend is beyond me. I was extremely heartened to see that a lot of Facebook users posted about their contempt for Tamra and Shannon as a duo when the RHOC page posted a commercial for the upcoming season. It seems people are not forgetting Tamra's bad behavior, nor how the two of them acted last season. Look, I get that Vicki is atrocious (though I love her as a TV character for it), but I cannot stand these other women getting on a moral high horse about it when they themselves has sunk so low as well.

• Love 8

I like the psychological insight some of you are sharing.  It's intelligent, well-thought out and helpful.  I hope Shannon reads them or somehow "gets it" without destroying her family and her health but I doubt she will. 

Like so many of us, we have to hit a rock bottom to get to the root of what is going on to get the help needed.  As someone said, a very good therapist who can help deal with everything and IMO, including increased alcohol intake. 

What's Dr. Amadore doing??  He's always up for helping a Housewife.  Did you know he has astoundingly good credentials and great reputation in his field??  Who knew???  His Researcher/Professor and Leadership background is top tier.   Why reality tv was even a thought for him is beyond me.

http://dramador.com/researcher/

If you watched their live Facebook videos after episodes in Season 10, you could see how much they loved bonding over their contempt for Vicki - it felt like David loved being out of the dog house!

Shannon is seriously - seriously - blaming Vicki for her excessive eating/drinking, and, by extension, the new distance in her marriage.

Watching since season one, so I know all about Vicki.  I may have forgot some happenings from last season, but what did Vicki personally do to Shannon that has her so fixated on her as the root of all issues???

The first look featured smug Vicki and awful Kelly sitting in the Con Artist's office. They talk trash about Tamra and Shannon being mean to Vicki and needing to apologize to her. Then Vicki says "they're not the popular girls, we're the popular girls. They want to be like us and they can't be." I don't know how I'm going to survive this season if I have to listen to this shit.

• Love 16
30 minutes ago, charming said:

The first look featured smug Vicki and awful Kelly sitting in the Con Artist's office. They talk trash about Tamra and Shannon being mean to Vicki and needing to apologize to her. Then Vicki says "they're not the popular girls, we're the popular girls. They want to be like us and they can't be." I don't know how I'm going to survive this season if I have to listen to this shit.

I so miss Stoopid Housewives because, as someone without cable, that's where I could watch First Looks!

• Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, nexxie said:

In the clip I saw, Shannon blamed Vicki's lie about David beating her for the stress that caused her to overeat and drink - it wasn't an over-the-top accusation, but a realization. I hope for the best for Shannon - her husband seems passive-aggressive and not much help on the emotional front. Shannon's health quest - trips to Dr. Moon etc. - suggests she knows there's a need for deep healing. I agree she'll need a good therapist or someone similar - but I've learned from experience that people aren't ready to deal until they're ready to deal, so she might have a ways to go on the crazy train.

Didn't Shannon also say something about that comment causing some estrangement between her and David as well? If that's the case, I can understand why Shannon ate/drank more. She blames herself for trusting Vicki (when she confided in her) to then have Vicki/Kelly blast it to the world on the show. It was a big betrayal.

3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

This is part of why I have soured on Shannon - how she can detest Vicki so much while proclaiming Tamra of all people to be this great friend is beyond me. I was extremely heartened to see that a lot of Facebook users posted about their contempt for Tamra and Shannon as a duo when the RHOC page posted a commercial for the upcoming season. It seems people are not forgetting Tamra's bad behavior, nor how the two of them acted last season. Look, I get that Vicki is atrocious (though I love her as a TV character for it), but I cannot stand these other women getting on a moral high horse about it when they themselves has sunk so low as well.

The difference is that Tamra apologized to Shannon and has done nothing to betray her/attack her since then. Words have meaning but actions speak louder, so Tamara said the words and then backed it up with her actions! Vicki on the other hand, has not apologized to her and told Kelly Shannon's secrets to use against Shannon, which is a very big betrayal. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Didn't Shannon also say something about that comment causing some estrangement between her and David as well? If that's the case, I can understand why Shannon ate/drank more. She blames herself for trusting Vicki (when she confided in her) to then have Vicki/Kelly blast it to the world on the show. It was a big betrayal.

Shannon said something about David distancing himself from her, but I didn't connect it to Vicki's comment - that could be the case though. It's so creepy the way narcissists like Vicki collect info and save it to use against people later - I'm sure you're right about Shannon wishing she'd never trusted that horrible woman!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, charming said:

And here is reason #1 I will not bother with this show.  These people behave like middle-schoolers.  I am out.

• Love 5

Shannon is a psychologically damaged person.  If one is weak of mind, it doesn't take much to increase that damage.  Sometimes when I look at Shannon, there's a look in her eyes of a trapped animal----someone frightened of life and freaked out about anything that confuses her.  She's a pathetic individual who needs to dump the charlatans and questionable belief systems that obviously haven't worked for her.  Her husband is a giant jackass who may or may not physically abuse her, but I can't help but believe that he emotionally and psychologically abuses her.  And when you're as weak in mind as Shannon is, it doesn't take a lot of shit being thrown at her by the likes of Vicki and Kelly for her to go off the rails.  Shannon, I feel, clings to this pseudo friendship from Tamra because it's the only thing she has.  But if I could give Shannon advice, I'd tell her to dump Tamra and maybe put her trust in Meghan, someone who might be a more stable force in her life.  And another thing she should consider is a legal separation from her asshole husband.  She needs to gain personal strength without that man. 

• Love 5

Just saw the first look this evening.  Haven't watched the show in a couple of years.  So Shannon is blaming her weight gain on what Vicki said?  Well could be stress over all, could be getting older and your body changing, could be drinking a lot, too.  Shannon needs to dump her husband.  He's so not into her, and she seems desperate for his approval and attention.  Get yourself together, girl.  New house is on the side of a mountain?  Did she move because they lived closer to the other woman? 

Vicki is Vicki, and she's not hiding it - yet.  Tamra, yeah you're all into religion now.  Uh huh.  So that's how they re-introduce Lydia (I think that is her name?)?  If Tamra had really found religion, she wouldn't act like a bat shit crazy biatch.  Those scenes of her yelling at Vicki were way beyond normal.  You can have an argument without looking like a rabid dog.  (No offense to dogs).

Looks like the same old crap.  Zzzzz.

• Love 3

Oh God. I might be out also.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, snarts said:

Watching since season one, so I know all about Vicki.  I may have forgot some happenings from last season, but what did Vicki personally do to Shannon that has her so fixated on her as the root of all issues???

I think viewing Vicki as the root of all her issues would be a bit OTT, but I can understand why Shannon is so hurt by Vicki. I think they were true friends, not just HW friends. I think Shannon was genuinely trying to help Brooks, but when shit started getting weird Vicki completely blew up at Shannon and turned her back on her. At that end of the year party, I will never believe that Vicki didn't intentionally have brother Billy and his girlfriend bring up the affair, to get a dig in on Shannon. And then there's the "David beats her" crap that she put out there.  Vicki made it personal and took it way too far. Shannon has her own issues, to be sure, but I can see how the dissolution of the friendship, coupled with still being around her on the show, could have a bad effect on Shannon. But homegirl needs to realize that the best solution is - leave the show. 

• Love 6

When you're blaming someone else for your stress, marital issues and weight gain, you're making them the root of your issues.  Shannon's marriage was rocky long before Vicki.  She was an anxious, neurotic fun sponge long before Vicki.  Shannon won't leave until they kick her off.  

Can't say that I'm going to miss Heather.  Excited for Lydia's return.  Interested to see how Kelly plays this season.  Well, this certainly sounds like her.

• Love 8

I am not sure if I can watch this year. Ok, I may be lying because I will give it a shot. As one of the few that will miss Heather and the rich girl problem vibe she brought to the show (and her clothes and the fact that you could take her outside of the US and not be embarrassed by her), I am bummed she will not be back. 

But my real problem will be if I have to defend Vicki against Shannon's ridiculous statements. No, Vicki is not responsible for Shannon's misery. And the fact that she became friends with Heather and Tamra have nothing to do with her problems. She met these people in her late 40's, and she was miserable long before she had ever so much as made eye contact with any of them. Her marriage sucked long before she had met them. She had a long list of issues when we were first introduced to her, and they had nothing to do with anyone else on the show. I detest Vicki. She has always been the most horrendous HW to me, only slightly beating out Ramona for that title. She has done horrible things to almost everyone, including of course Shannon. I get why Shannon would be upset with her, but Vicki has nothing to do with her real troubles. And nobody is shocked that her relationship with David is still rocky. Doesn't she know about the vow-renewal curse? It gets pretty much everyone who is using it to try and reaffirm a sucky relationship. It only works if the relationship is already strong and real (see LVP and Ken). 

• Love 8

I'm sad reading these things about Shannon, because as someone who used to like her, she was just too special last season.  David's public affair has practically killed her.  I don't think I can take much more judgmental Shannon.  

I'll sit at my table for one because I like Vicki.  She makes me laugh.  She and Shannon were a fun pair to watch on trips in the past.  I cannot stand Tamra or Meagan.

• Love 2
On 7/8/2017 at 9:08 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

To be fair, Vicki will be the cause of my increased alcohol and potato chip consumption on Monday nights.......

• Love 16
1 hour ago, ButterQueen said:

I'm sad reading these things about Shannon, because as someone who used to like her, she was just too special last season.  David's public affair has practically killed her.  I don't think I can take much more judgmental Shannon.  

I'll sit at my table for one because I like Vicki.  She makes me laugh.  She and Shannon were a fun pair to watch on trips in the past.  I cannot stand Tamra or Meagan.

I'll join you at that table (a lovely patio table overlooking the Pacific) and dig in to something yummy that these women would never let pass their inflated lips.

1 hour ago, bosawks said:

To be fair, Vicki will be the cause of my increased alcohol and potato chip consumption on Monday nights.......

And because of this you must join us at that oceanside table!

• Love 9

I watched the First Look.   Sigh.

Hasn't it always been the season starting with the Vickster and Tamra not speaking?  How is this new? 

Shannon.  Girl, you have gained weight because of alcohol and hormones.  I'm having issues with hormones and I'm putting weight on like I never have before.  I've always been thin and veer toward underweight but it's going straight to my midsection now.  I have several friends, also with hormonal changes, who are experiencing the same thing.  Stress can certainly make it worse but Vicki being an asshole is not causing your weight gain.   Vicki has been an asshole for years.

Tamra.  Ugh.  Who cares?  She's disgusting.  Seeing her walk into Lydia's Bible group made me think either Tamra was playing the devil in everyone's midst or Lydia's house would spontaneously erupt in flames.  

I don't mind Meghan so I'm okay with her returning.

The new Ho (Peggy?) looks like a snooty asshole.  That means she and Vicki will butt heads over who is going to be the snooty asshole in charge.

Kelly hasn't changed a bit. Still drunk and delusional.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am not sure if I can watch this year. Ok, I may be lying because I will give it a shot. As one of the few that will miss Heather and the rich girl problem vibe she brought to the show (and her clothes and the fact that you could take her outside of the US and not be embarrassed by her), I am bummed she will not be back. 

But my real problem will be if I have to defend Vicki against Shannon's ridiculous statements. No, Vicki is not responsible for Shannon's misery. And the fact that she became friends with Heather and Tamra have nothing to do with her problems. She met these people in her late 40's, and she was miserable long before she had ever so much as made eye contact with any of them. Her marriage sucked long before she had met them. She had a long list of issues when we were first introduced to her, and they had nothing to do with anyone else on the show. I detest Vicki. She has always been the most horrendous HW to me, only slightly beating out Ramona for that title. She has done horrible things to almost everyone, including of course Shannon. I get why Shannon would be upset with her, but Vicki has nothing to do with her real troubles. And nobody is shocked that her relationship with David is still rocky. Doesn't she know about the vow-renewal curse? It gets pretty much everyone who is using it to try and reaffirm a sucky relationship. It only works if the relationship is already strong and real (see LVP and Ken). 

I boldly claimed I was not going to watch.  Well...I watched the first look last night and now I HAVE to watch!  When they all dress as drag kings I *think* they are going to Hamburger Mary's because I saw Roxy Wood spanking one of them (or someone).  Now I KNOW Roxy and will be seeing her in October so now I am stuck watching at least until that ep airs.  Yes I am going to ask for any deets when I see her! 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Kelly gets a breast reduction and vaginal rejuvenation during the season. The reporter asks so you're still married - Kelly doesn't answer the question. It's weird - maybe the spliced the footage?

First, her boobs don't look smaller, I suspect she got a lift, not a reduction. Second, it doesn't look like they edited out her non answer about still being married, she avoided the question IMO. LOL

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

You are not alone! I have no illusions about Vicki as a person, but I love her as a reality TV character. She totally has a spot in my heart as the OG of the OC!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

I boldly claimed I was not going to watch.  Well...I watched the first look last night and now I HAVE to watch!  When they all dress as drag kings I *think* they are going to Hamburger Mary's because I saw Roxy Wood spanking one of them (or someone).  Now I KNOW Roxy and will be seeing her in October so now I am stuck watching at least until that ep airs.  Yes I am going to ask for any deets when I see her! 

Don't do that to yourself. Keep reading the recaps and the comments. When the episode airs, catch it on demand. Don't put yourself through this mess if you can avoid.

In hindsight, I doubt the producers would have demoted Heather while keeping Kelly full-time. Mostly because Heather loves to sit down and methodically call out Kelly's instability, vulgarity, and stupidity. So even if Heather brings nothing in terms of her own story, she can always be relied upon to have a fight with Kelly.

Kelly is the worst version of what everybody thinks of Real Housewives--drunk, dumb, bad tempered, bigoted, delusional, unfunny, and just so fucking dumb. Dumb bears repeating because she is so fucking dumb. She also happens to be completely banal in her awfulness. Porsha thinking the Underground Railroad is a subway is fucking funny and one for the ages. Aviva taking her leg off and throwing it is meme worthy. Teresa hulking out, flipping the table, and screaming "prostitution whore" is something that people will remember. Kelly is just dumb and trashy in the most boring way. 

• Love 11
Just now, HunterHunted said:

Don't do that to yourself. Keep reading the recaps and the comments. When the episode airs, catch it on demand. Don't put yourself through this mess if you can avoid.

In hindsight, I doubt the producers would have demoted Heather while keeping Kelly full-time. Mostly because Heather loves to sit down and methodically call out Kelly's instability, vulgarity, and stupidity. So even if Heather brings nothing in terms of her own story, she can always be relied upon to have a fight with Kelly.

Kelly is the worst version of what everybody thinks of Real Housewives--drunk, dumb, bad tempered, bigoted, delusional, unfunny, and just so fucking dumb. Dumb bears repeating because she is so fucking dumb. She also happens to be completely banal in her awfulness. Porsha thinking the Underground Railroad is a subway is fucking funny and one for the ages. Aviva taking her leg off and throwing it is meme worthy. Teresa hulking out, flipping the table, and screaming "prostitution whore" is something that people will remember. Kelly is just dumb and trashy in the most boring way. 

Great idea!  The actual sight of Kelly and Vicki reminded me why I can't stand either.   I wasn't a huge fan of Lydia but they can bring her mother back.  If for no other reason than throwing fairy dust on Vicki's couch.  Too bad they lost Heather.  She was not without her faults but at least she knows how to handle herself in public.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Now I KNOW Roxy and will be seeing her in October so now I am stuck watching at least until that ep airs.  Yes I am going to ask for any deets when I see her! 

And report back as well right?

• Love 1

Hunterhunted, I so totally agree with everything you said about Kelly. I've been watching the rerun of Season 11 reunion and have been reminded of what a truly awful human being she is. I don't have the words for how delusional, dysfunctional, drunken, hateful and out of touch this woman is. Wow. I can't watch this show anymore now that she's coming back. Of all of the HW shows I've watched (just NY, OC and BH), she stands out as the worst human being on all of them. And that's saying a whole lot!

Forgot to add, that blue dress she wore at the reunion with her enormous boobs hanging down to her stomach was the worst thing I've ever seen IRL or on TV. Did she even have a mirror to look at herself??!! How could she think she looked ok in that dress without a bra? Or even with one? Yuck, Kelly.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

You are not alone! I have no illusions about Vicki as a person, but I love her as a reality TV character. She totally has a spot in my heart as the OG of the OC!

Can I join you guys for dinner? It's not a table for one....I think it's 3 at this point? Me, Marlowe2 and ButterQueen!

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Hunterhunted, I so totally agree with everything you said about Kelly. I've been watching the rerun of Season 11 reunion and have been reminded of what a truly awful human being she is. I don't have the words for how delusional, dysfunctional, drunken, hateful and out of touch this woman is. Wow. I can't watch this show anymore now that she's coming back. Of all of the HW shows I've watched (just NY, OC and BH), she stands out as the worst human being on all of them. And that's saying a whole lot!

Forgot to add, that blue dress she wore at the reunion with her enormous boobs hanging down to her stomach was the worst thing I've ever seen IRL or on TV. Did she even have a mirror to look at herself??!! How could she think she looked ok in that dress without a bra? Or even with one? Yuck, Kelly.

I watch this shit. I know that it's mostly garbage, but there is usually enough there that is interesting and weird that I'm not too ashamed to admit that I watch it. Vanderpump Rules is filled with dummies, but it's such a compelling show to watch. They dream so big, but fall so short of their goals. There is also so little guile with that cast. One of my favorite lines from last season of Vanderpump Rules is Jax saying "Who am I? Mohammed Gandhi. He's the one who could tell the future. Right?" He's managed to confuse Mahatma Gandhi with Mohammed and Nostradamus. I can repeat this to friends and they can see why someone might like to watch Vanderpump Rules. For the most part, the cast is the butt of the joke.

Kelly is another situation. She says and does dumb things, but there is nothing the least bit funny about her antics. She's mean and nasty and frankly too dumb to understand when she's being chastised. Lydia on Melbourne is a dumb racist snob, but she is surrounded by a cast who think she's a dumb racist snob and will tell her as much. This show has always had a problem because half the cast is imbeciles. It's why I'll miss Heather. She's a snob, but she's not a dumbass.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Can I join you guys for dinner? It's not a table for one....I think it's 3 at this point? Me, Marlowe2 and ButterQueen!

The more the merrier!!

I'm not thrilled that Kelly will be back...I'd blocked her out.  She's a loon.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I am not sure if I can watch this year. Ok, I may be lying because I will give it a shot. As one of the few that will miss Heather and the rich girl problem vibe she brought to the show (and her clothes and the fact that you could take her outside of the US and not be embarrassed by her), I am bummed she will not be back). But my real problem will be if I have to defend Vicki against Shannon's ridiculous statements.

motorcitymom, you can't stop watching, I need you here. I can't be the only one defending Vicki against Shannon's insanity. It was you and me against the world when it came to Erika Jayne and I can't bear to go it alone with Vicki vs Shannon :P

• Love 3

I have a bad feeling that the season premier is going to be boring. Bravo always uses the clips of some volatile situation to get us to watch but it's always the LAST episode of the season when the $hit goes down. It's not even 6 pm PST right now and I'm already getting lulled to sleep from watching the previous seasons marathon! Zzzzzzz!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

motorcitymom, you can't stop watching, I need you here. I can't be the only one defending Vicki against Shannon's insanity. It was you and me against the world when it came to Erika Jayne and I can't bear to go it alone with Vicki vs Shannon :P

I love you Phil, so I will be here for you in the Vicki vs. Shannon battle. I cannot believe I am saying I would ever be on Vicki's side for any reason, but this one bugs. I will still reserve the right to be completely irritated by everything else that Vicki does. Especially if she does it while wearing a tight white dress.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ButterQueen said:

5 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

O, please....

704c629c00a6a2d88eecdadca47ec987--stop-t

• Love 7