Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

On 5/14/2017 at 1:00 PM, PerPlexied said:

I truly, TRULY hope the blogs are right this time and Season 12 will be The Takedown of Tamra! 

Eddie in bed with another man!? YES

Tamra giving blowjobs to D-list boybander?! YES YES!

Maybe Kim Zolziak can get Tamra to blow John Legend so Kim's son Kash can get free tickets! 

And whatever happened to Tamra's threat storming out of the final group dinner in Bali screaming something about "I'm done! You'll never see me again!" Really Tamra? I for one would have been quite pleased had you kept your promise! But once again...you are full of shit. This season you will play the role of the victim. Practice practice practice! Lol

• Love 4

I'm sure Tamra is all over this storyline.  She does what it takes for money and to keep things interesting.  Problem is, this turd is too stale to polish, and the Eddie is gay storyline was always out of gas.   Blah.  I may cave in and watch to do YouTube recaps.

• Love 1
(edited)

I heard the guy who Kelly had the affair with " broke up his marriage"  his wife comes into Tamara's gym and spills the tea on Kelly. 

Also heard...

Gretchen is the one who brings the tape (of Tamara) to Vickie's party and the new girl tries to throw it in the fountain. 

Gretchen and two other HW's go after Eddie and the gay rumors.  

Edited by Martinigirl
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I heard the guy who Kelly had the affair with " broke up his marriage"  his wife comes into Tamara's gym and spills the tea on Kelly. 

Also heard...

Gretchen is the one who brings the tape (of Tamara) to Vickie's party and the new girl tries to throw it in the fountain. 

Gretchen and two other HW's go after Eddie and the gay rumors.  

This sounds so bananas....and I can't wait to watch it!

• Love 2
(edited)

They're saying the trailer should come out soon - can't wait!!

I was so glad when fake-ass Gretchen got the boot. And now I'm so glad she is back to participate in taking Tamra down. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder?

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 5

I did like (or at least enjoyed) Gretchen when she first came on, during her first couple of seasons. But hooking up with Slade dragged her down quite a bit for me.

• Love 5
(edited)

I initially enjoyed Gretchen - I didn't mind her weird relationship with Jeff, I loved her bubbly personality and I liked that she was a foil for the Terrible Twosome of my beloved Vicki and contemptible Tamra. But as the years wore on, the edges frayed for me around Gretchen. It was clear that she was in fact a BS artist. The milk spoiled for me when she turned on Alexis. True colors emerged. She was so happy to finally be "in" with Tamra that she totally abandoned her former ally. Ganging up on Alexis in Costa Rica and then getting mad at Alexis for turning to Vicki (not her) for support was when I knew Gretchen was not a good person. A perpetual victim.

At this point, I find them all so unlikable on the OC that it's a simple matter of aligning with the ones who are against the ones I most want to see taken down: in this moment, Tamra.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 5

I like nothing at all about Gretchen.  She is so washed up and has nothing to offer.  I was over her when she and Slade kept trying to make "Gretchen" happen, Pussycat Dolls, GC purses, etc.  I think Shanna Moakler is a step above Gretchen right now, and that is saying a lot, since Shanna is doing local ads in her hometown area for a lipo guy.  And I am not impressed with Kelly.  Seems odd to me they would have Kelly back, I was pretty sure she tanked last season.  

• Love 8

The thing about this series is that the lynchpins are all such despicable people that they are less real humans than cartoons at this point to me. At the same time, their conflicts are so ludicrous and over the top that, even when these women show themselves for the deplorable hogs in shit that they are, it never really becomes legitimately harrowing (BH) or somber (NY) in the way that other series in the franchise can. 

Alexis, Lydia, and Meghan are the only cast members that I would qualify as genuinely good people and the latter two are still tough and self-possessed enough to emerge from the circus with their humanity unscathed and dignity largely in tact.

Various Twitter accounts are reporting that someone (not Vicki or Tamra) had to leave the Iceland trip early. I'm think Shannon went Kelly Bensimon.

I'm interested to see the touch of ethnic/cultural diversity that Peggy brings.

This account seems to have some credible spoilers on OC, NJ, and BH: https://mobile.twitter.com/Hw_insider1

• Love 4
On 5/23/2017 at 7:07 PM, Martinigirl said:

Season 12 as been updated on the Bravo page. Sounds like it's going to be a great season!!!

Where are you seeing this? I looked at the Bravo page and didn't see any updates...?

I know I'm in the minority but I have always liked Alexis. Many years ago while she was a regular on RHOC I saw her at a Trader Joe's (grocery store) and she was so sweet. I think I was the only one who knew who she was. She was just shopping with her twin girls (?) and definitely not being pretentious. I said hello to her and told her I was a fan of the show. She was so nice and just down to earth sweet. No make up, just flip flops and yoga pants but very pretty. 

I don't like Laurie but she'll bring the conflict and drama with Vicki. And Gretchen will probably be trying to pimp some cheap product line of hers! Lol. And yuck....Slade will be photo bombing everything.

• Love 11
On 5/23/2017 at 0:38 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I initially enjoyed Gretchen - I didn't mind her weird relationship with Jeff, I loved her bubbly personality and I liked that she was a foil for the Terrible Twosome of my beloved Vicki and contemptible Tamra. But as the years wore on, the edges frayed for me around Gretchen. It was clear that she was in fact a BS artist. The milk spoiled for me when she turned on Alexis. True colors emerged. She was so happy to finally be "in" with Tamra that she totally abandoned her former ally. Ganging up on Alexis in Costa Rica and then getting mad at Alexis for turning to Vicki (not her) for support was when I knew Gretchen was not a good person. A perpetual victim.

At this point, I find them all so unlikable on the OC that it's a simple matter of aligning with the ones who are against the ones I most want to see taken down: in this moment, Tamra.

I really liked Gretchen too!!  Thought the the Jeff storyline was handled in a classy way, was amused at the Gretchen Christine Beautae (sp???) make up line and liked that she wasn't as mean as Vic and Tam but then she did get mean with Alexis and the "all Slade all the time" was just too much.  She dropped many rungs in my book.     

• Love 4
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I know I'm in the minority but I have always liked Alexis. Many years ago while she was a regular on RHOC I saw her at a Trader Joe's (grocery store) and she was so sweet. I think I was the only one who knew who she was. She was just shopping with her twin girls (?) and definitely not being pretentious. I said hello to her and told her I was a fan of the show. She was so nice and just down to earth sweet. No make up, just flip flops and yoga pants but very pretty. 

I don't like Laurie but she'll bring the conflict and drama with Vicki. And Gretchen will probably be trying to pimp some cheap product line of hers! Lol. And yuck....Slade will be photo bombing everything.

I don't mind Alexis all that much. She reminds me of ATL's Porsha in that everyone refers to her as dumb, but she is actually pretty quick on the uptake. Book smart? Hell no. But Alexis knew how to handle herself in an argument and often called things right. I am not a fan of her politics, of course, but I think when you look at the sum total of these women, especially in the OC, Alexis never really did anything cruel or mean-spirited, remained relatively harmless and ended on a good note. I loved at her last reunion when Gretchen was prattling on and on, "If I don't bring e-mails then everyone says I'm a liar..." and Alexis just cuts her off, "You are a liar, Gretchen." Ha, short and sweet.

• Love 12
On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 3:00 PM, PerPlexied said:

I truly, TRULY hope the blogs are right this time and Season 12 will be The Takedown of Tamra! 

Eddie in bed with another man!? YES

Tamra giving blowjobs to D-list boybander?! YES YES!

If this is anything like the last sex rumor that Gretchen tried to float, it will turn out that it was Ricky on the bed with Eddie watching a movie waiting for Tamra to finish getting ready so they could go out and get wasted.

Ricky is a shit friend no matter what way you look at it. If this is true and he never told Tamra, he's an asshole. If it's true, he told Tamra, and she asked him to keep quiet, he's a shit friend for betraying her confidence. If it isn't true and he made it up or repeated it, he's an asshole.

• Love 2

Alexis never really did anything cruel or mean-spirited

She made me side with Peggy in their season long frenemy battle, which, fuck you Alexis for doing that.

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, BBHN said:

She made me side with Peggy in their season long frenemy battle, which, fuck you Alexis for doing that.

I still maintain she never did anything cruel. Was she annoyingly competitive with Peggy? Sure. But did she try to get her drunk so she would embarrass herself on national TV? Did she spread vicious gossip to defame her? Did she throw wine on her or gang up on her? No. And I will say Peggy ended up looking a bit like a fool when she couldn't really deny the sketchy story of trying to gain entry back in to Jim's place after they "broke up..."

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 12
(edited)

Making me side with Peggy is in and of itself cruel and unusual punishment.

Curse you, o vapid blonde woman bearing the jugs of Jesus!

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 4
(edited)

Alexis was great and, really, the only non-sociopath among the main cast for 3/4s of her run. I think a lot of antipathy against her derived simply from her vocalization of a Biblically conservative (not even an expression of political sentiment but rather just a theological/Scriptural one) opinion and, despite disagreeing with her on that point, I would maintain that she is one of the only participants on the Housewives at large to actually demonstrate some substantive personal growth for the better while largely remaining true to her core values. 

I appreciate as well that she was invariably stronger defending others than herself (her husband, backing Sarah Winchester up during that pile-on, and her staunch loyalty to Gretchen and Slade at the season six reunion).

She never screamed religious slurs at her castmates as Tamra did to her; plotted to gaslight emotionally unstable coworkers a la Heather and Tams; encouraged anyone to commit sexual assault upon a woman too intoxicated to consent; etc. 

As for the feud with the Tanouses, I recall Alexis still being her most vapid and materially competitive at that point but also remember some majorly sinister and disturbing conduct from Peggy. Specifically, that dinner party in which Alexis had called ahead to inform Peggy that Jim would not be accompanying her (because, I believe, they'd had a fight) and Peggy proceeding to inquire once everyone had been seated where on earth Jim could be (at the same wine tasting, Micah exhibited some inexplicable aggression and hostility toward Alexis's assistant). And waiting until television crews have amassed to spring upon the woman with whom you've been friends for over a year that you used to fuck/stalk her hubs is a whole forest full of shadiness.

I don't know if she's guesting this season or not; I think that rumor might have originated on a Twitter thread that has since been debunked and I'm not really sure what's going on vis a vis invitations for a return - Andy seems to have gotten over his hate boner for her religious beliefs to the point that she's been on WWHL every season since her exit (and multiple occasions during season 10). But it would have made sense for her to already return during Vicki's alienation from the cast if she were going to do so. 

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 12
(edited)

And yet, she was still one of the more annoying HWs we got from this franchise.

And hey, at least Peggy bothered to tell Alexis about her past fucking with Jim...who didn't seem all that interested in doing so himself.

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

Alexis was great and, really, the only non-sociopath among the main cast for 3/4s of her run. I think a lot of antipathy against her derived simply from her vocalization of a Biblically conservative (not even an expression of political sentiment but rather just a theological/Scriptural one) opinion and, despite disagreeing with her on that point, I would maintain that she is one of the only participants on the Housewives at large to actually demonstrate some substantive personal growth for the better while largely remaining true to her core values. 

I appreciate as well that she was invariably stronger defending others than herself (her husband, backing Sarah Winchester up during that pile-on, and her staunch loyalty to Gretchen and Slade at the season six reunion).

She never screamed religious slurs at her castmates as Tamra did to her; plotted to gaslight emotionally unstable coworkers a la Heather and Tams; encouraged anyone to commit sexual assault upon a woman too intoxicated to consent; etc. 

As for the feud with the Tanouses, I recall Alexis still being her most vapid and materially competitive at that point but also remember some majorly sinister and disturbing conduct from Peggy. Specifically, that dinner party in which Alexis had called ahead to inform Peggy that Jim would not be accompanying her (because, I believe, they'd had a fight) and Peggy proceeding to inquire once everyone had been seated where on earth Jim could be (at the same wine tasting, Micah exhibited some inexplicable aggression and hostility toward Alexis's assistant). And waiting until television crews have amassed to spring upon the woman with whom you've been friends for over a year that you used to fuck/stalk her hubs is a whole forest full of shadiness.

I don't know if she's guesting this season or not; I think that rumor might have originated on a Twitter thread that has since been debunked and I'm not really sure what's going on vis a vis invitations for a return - Andy seems to have gotten over his hate boner for her religious beliefs to the point that she's been on WWHL every season since her exit (and multiple occasions during season 10). But it would have made sense for her to already return during Vicki's alienation from the cast if she were going to do so. 

I agree with you.  Alexis handled herself very well and easily could've been a one [season] and done HW given her non-confrontational style and non-sociopathic personality.   That being said, she did bow out when it got hot unlike other HW of OC and other franchises who will fight and shriek in public to the death.

I wish she wouldn't come back and just stay enjoying her life away from the cameras.  This comeback will just bring angst to her and her family.     

• Love 11
(edited)

Saw a post today from Tamballs denying Gretchen's return, saying "Don't believe everything you hear [read? I forget]."

The question is: Should we trust HER???

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
On 5/28/2017 at 10:27 AM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I still maintain she never did anything cruel. Was she annoyingly competitive with Peggy? Sure. But did she try to get her drunk so she would embarrass herself on national TV? Did she spread vicious gossip to defame her? Did she throw wine on her or gang up on her? No. And I will say Peggy ended up looking a bit like a fool when she couldn't really deny the sketchy story of trying to gain entry back in to Jim's place after they "broke up..."

I saw it so differently. I think that Alexis looked like a total fool in her anger and expectation that Peggy would have been the one to tell the story about dating her d-bag of a husband. IMO that responsibility belonged to Jim, and Alexis was so foolish to expect differently. It always seemed to me that Peggy thought that if Jim wanted Alexis to know, he would have told her, and since he didn't mention it, Peggy didn't either. But apart from that, I do think she was cruel at times. I thought her strange competitiveness towards Peggy was cruel, especially since they were supposed to be friends. And remember the time at the fashion show (or whatever) when she ripped the sleeves off that dress, while the poor girl who had made it screamed at her to not destroy it? She just seemed like she couldn't control herself. I never liked her. She might be my least favorite HW ever. 

• Love 5

I saw it so differently. I think that Alexis looked like a total fool in her anger and expectation that Peggy would have been the one to tell the story about dating her d-bag of a husband. IMO that responsibility belonged to Jim, and Alexis was so foolish to expect differently. It always seemed to me that Peggy thought that if Jim wanted Alexis to know, he would have told her, and since he didn't mention it, Peggy didn't either. But apart from that, I do think she was cruel at times. I thought her strange competitiveness towards Peggy was cruel, especially since they were supposed to be friends. And remember the time at the fashion show (or whatever) when she ripped the sleeves off that dress, while the poor girl who had made it screamed at her to not destroy it? She just seemed like she couldn't control herself. I never liked her. She might be my least favorite HW ever. 

Alexis was a nice example of not all sociopaths being loud and shrieking.

Of course, it did come out more clearly when she thought women were flirting with Jim at tupperware parties...

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I thought that Alexis clarified that she and Jim had agreed upon commencing their relationship not to talk to each other about their romantic histories or past sexual liaisons. 

A pact to which Peggy had never been privy and yet specifically and expressly elected (after independently confirming with Jim that Alexis was in the dark) to decline mentioning her earlier entanglement with Jim until she was filming for a national television show and the revelation was primed to have maximum deleterious impact upon the Bellino marriage. 

Alexis and Jim bankrolled the Tal by Alexis line and Alexis was the creative director. She had asked Tal repeatedly to nix the sleeves as an aesthetic decision; Tal refused. It's a curious proposition that frustration with an insubordinate employee one not only supervises but pays directly would be unreasonable.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, lunastartron said:

I thought that Alexis clarified that she and Jim had agreed upon commencing their relationship not to talk to each other about their romantic histories or past sexual liaisons. 

A pact to which Peggy had never been privy and yet specifically and expressly elected (after independently confirming with Jim that Alexis was in the dark) to decline mentioning her earlier entanglement with Jim until she was filming for a national television show and the revelation was primed to have maximum deleterious impact upon the Bellino marriage. 

Alexis and Jim bankrolled the Tal by Alexis line and Alexis was the creative director. She had asked Tal repeatedly to nix the sleeves as an aesthetic decision; Tal refused. It's a curious proposition that frustration with an insubordinate employee one not only supervises but pays directly would be unreasonable.

Whatever the arrangements or agreements, Alexis still came off as deranged and a total nutter. 

• Love 2

Actually, Jim was the one who disclosed to Alexis that he and Peggy had been involved in an amorous way circa two months previous to Peggy joining the show. Moreover, Jim had years to confess the truth to Alexis, but designated not to. And rather confusingly, Jim and Alexis never communicate about the past, and yet concurrently, somehow also keep no secrets from each other.

And Alexis somehow attributes the fault on Peggy, as if it were Peggy's responsibility to notify Alexis about the past in flagrante delicto between Jim and Peggy.

• Love 3
On 5/7/2017 at 10:49 AM, Almost 3000 said:

Nice to see someone else who's not fond of Shannon. I thought she was a great HW addition but man is she's become a big old dark hole of suck. Its exhausting.

Thank you for this Almost 3000! I'm going to memorize those words and incorporate them in my every day life for people who have earned the title! I can't wait! Lol

On May 29, 2017 at 3:34 PM, BBHN said:

Actually, Jim was the one who disclosed to Alexis that he and Peggy had been involved in an amorous way circa two months previous to Peggy joining the show. Moreover, Jim had years to confess the truth to Alexis, but designated not to. And rather confusingly, Jim and Alexis never communicate about the past, and yet concurrently, somehow also keep no secrets from each other.

And Alexis somehow attributes the fault on Peggy, as if it were Peggy's responsibility to notify Alexis about the past in flagrante delicto between Jim and Peggy.

*Shrug* 

Peggy was the one to broach the subject on camera/as part of the narrative and Alexis said she was pissed at/hurt by Jim for not informing her sooner but that she still felt Peggy, likewise, should have brought the matter up sometime before filming crews were present.

In any case, it sounds like Alexis is only making cameos this year. 

The cast photo has leaked: http://tamaratattles.com/2017/06/01/real-housewives-of-orange-county-cast-photos-have-leaked/

• Love 1

Peggy was the one to broach the subject on camera/as part of the narrative and Alexis said she was pissed at/hurt by Jim for not informing her sooner but that she still felt Peggy, likewise, should have brought the matter up sometime before filming crews were present.

Except, that isn't quite how it happened...

*Shugs*

The cast photo has leaked: http://tamaratattles.com/2017/06/01/real-housewives-of-orange-county-cast-photos-have-leaked/

Well, I guess we know for sure now that Meghan is back.

• Love 1

...aaaaaaand here it is!

Looks good. I know trailers can be misleading, but is Shannon seriously blaming her weight gain on Vicki? Didn't she say it was hormonal in past seasons? And I am living for Lydia telling Shannon that there is always drama whenever she is around. Looks like a volatile group...

• Love 6
(edited)

Sigh....Iceland is my dream vacation. I hope these heifers (especially Vicki) don't ruin it with their shenanigens. 

What show have you been watching for the last decade or so?

Of course they will ruin it lol

Edited by BBHN
  • Love 13

I'm sure Lydia will say it has to do with breastfeeding or something...but it's an obvious boob job. She had no chest when she was on last time.

I may be alone here but I think the trailer looks terrible. Not enough to convince me to watch at all.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

It's nice to know that now that Meghan can no longer martyr herself over Leann's death, she will now do so over being a mother!

Being a new mom is the hardest, ya know? 

Is it just me or does Jim appear somewhat dismissive of Meghan most of the time? The faces that he makes when she is trying to get his attention. He never seems to enjoy being around her. It's actually quite sad. 

I still think it was so rude of him to make that gun to his head gesture when another husband mentioned him having a baby.

I wonder if he has another girl in St. Louis?

I think that Meghan was very desperate to come back this season.

• Love 1