Type keyword(s) to search

Real Housewives in the Media

• Start Topic

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 4:58 PM, charming said:

The first look featured smug Vicki and awful Kelly sitting in the Con Artist's office. They talk trash about Tamra and Shannon being mean to Vicki and needing to apologize to her. Then Vicki says "they're not the popular girls, we're the popular girls. They want to be like us and they can't be." I don't know how I'm going to survive this season if I have to listen to this shit.

Vicki aka Miss Piggy is a TOTAL beyotch. Kelly - what a LOSER. Her husband is a TOTAL zero. NO ONE would want to be like Icki or Kelly.

• Love 5
(edited)
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 3:19 PM, HunterHunted said:

Don't do that to yourself. Keep reading the recaps and the comments. When the episode airs, catch it on demand. Don't put yourself through this mess if you can avoid.

In hindsight, I doubt the producers would have demoted Heather while keeping Kelly full-time. Mostly because Heather loves to sit down and methodically call out Kelly's instability, vulgarity, and stupidity. So even if Heather brings nothing in terms of her own story, she can always be relied upon to have a fight with Kelly.

Kelly is the worst version of what everybody thinks of Real Housewives--drunk, dumb, bad tempered, bigoted, delusional, unfunny, and just so fucking dumb. Dumb bears repeating because she is so fucking dumb. She also happens to be completely banal in her awfulness. Porsha thinking the Underground Railroad is a subway is fucking funny and one for the ages. Aviva taking her leg off and throwing it is meme worthy. Teresa hulking out, flipping the table, and screaming "prostitution whore" is something that people will remember. Kelly is just dumb and trashy in the most boring way. 

Kelly is as dumb as rocks. So is her daughter. Kelly is a TOTAL trashy POS - so is her husband.

Edited by ITALIA
  • Love 3
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, ghoulina said:

Oh, I agree. I don't care how much people weigh. There is certainly no need to try and be a Megan. 

However, the change looked REALLY dramatic to me. That's why I was concerned. And, just from what we've seen, she DOESN'T seem to be happy about it. 

Megan has the BEST figure of all of them. Shannon looks bloated and fat, Vicki is dumpy and large, and Brianna needs to drop about 30 pounds. I'm sure ALL of the housewives wished they looked as GOOD as Megan.

Edited by ITALIA
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

Tamra's so... normal and personable here. If she were to write a diet & fitness book, I'd probably check it out.

I thought the exact same thing!!!

We must both be stoned and high out of our minds...do not leave the house..someone put weed in our brownies

tenor.gif

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Seriously Vicki, they "tried to kill" you? Talk about exaggeration! LOL  https://www.yahoo.com/tv/vicki-gunvalson-reveals-she-apos-075600475.html

1 more thing, I really hate talking about how a HW looks but Vicki looks awful in this E clip and she has put on some weight! I wonder if she is going to blame Shannon or at the very least, the show for her weight gain? LOL

Couldn't finish watching it but I think it's the dress. It accentuates all her worst features and the fact that she's sitting doesn't help.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, bagger said:

Couldn't finish watching it but I think it's the dress. It accentuates all her worst features and the fact that she's sitting doesn't help.

Her shoulders are beefier than they were last season as are her arms, she has gained weight. LOL I do agree, the dress make her weight gain more noticeable IMO. 

• Love 1
On 7/15/2017 at 0:50 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

L.A. Times:  My Favorite Room.  Heather Dubrow's closet is always ready for a 'Champagne emergency'

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hp-my-favorite-room-heather-dubrow-20170708-story.html

“I need that call button in case there’s a Champagne emergency in the closet,” Dubrow said. “When I had it installed, [my husband] Terry said, ‘When it rings in the kitchen, who’s going to bring the Champagne?’ And I looked at him and said, ‘You.’”

Now I have a mental image of Heather pushing the Champagne button, getting no response, and tapping her foot impatiently. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

Now I have a mental image of Heather pushing the Champagne button, getting no response, and tapping her foot impatiently. 

It reminds me of the servant's bells in Downton Abbey.  Same mentality, too.

On a sinister note, it would be nice if Heather was on the receiving end of the buzzer from "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane."

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

Page six has been very, very busy with the housewives recently:

http://pagesix.com/2017/07/06/rhoc-star-kelly-dodd-allegedly-involved-in-beach-brawl/

Right!!!! Kelly is wacked, why didn't she call the police when she caught him stealing her property or when he assaulted her by 'kicking her in the stomach"? More likely, she was drunk out of her mind and assaulted him and he declined to call the police on the drunk fool.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Jextella said:

Heather is right about one thing.  Kelly brings the caliber of the show down.  Way down.  Although the bar isn't very high on RHOC to begin with.   

Kelly, in my opinion is the dumbest housewife on any franchise. 

• Love 7

I loved that that bar was playing "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Shout out to 1991!

I also heard a trademark Kelly Dodd, "It was YOU" (Who???) in there. 

Yea, she really is the dumbest and trashiest wife across all franchises. She makes Brandi looks like royalty. 

• Love 4

That wouldn't surprise me at all. As others have mentioned in the episode thread, magazines are a risky business these days. You have to really put yourself ahead of the pack, and I don't see that with Noblemen. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

That wouldn't surprise me at all. As others have mentioned in the episode thread, magazines are a risky business these days. You have to really put yourself ahead of the pack, and I don't see that with Noblemen. 

This what is listed on the Nobleman magazine:

OUR GOAL: TO CREATE THE MOST CELEBRATED AND PRESTIGIOUS MEN’S LUXURY MAGAZINE IN THE WORLD.

NOBLEMAN is a magazine designed for the gentlemanly alpha male, the leading man who is confident, capable and truly appreciates the finer things in life. He is not one to beat his own chest; the NOBLEMAN is humble despite his great achievements, and always eager to discover and learn. He possesses his own individual style, but also endeavors to keep up with ever-changing fashion trends; however, he is never a fashion victim.

He is a knowledgeable man who can converse on any subject, and fights for the causes he truly believes in. The NOBLEMAN is successful in his professional life, a true man of character who aspires to intelligence and cares for those around him. He is a man of style, substance and success.

NOBLEMAN CELEBRATES THE MODERN MAN, INSPIRING MEN TO LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND WITH PURPOSE.

NOBLEMAN is the arbiter of taste in fashion, luxury travel, real estate, technology, automobiles, food, as well as arts and entertainment trends.

With stunning photography and a sophisticated wit, NOBLEMAN focuses on the looks, people, places and events that define Orange County’s creative style.

NOBLEMAN is one of the most beautiful magazines in the world – more like a coffee table book, proudly displayed in the finest homes and businesses.

I guess Nobleman is the magazine for the man who finds Esquire too literary and GQ too broadly focused. Nobleman is the most prestigious men's luxury magazine in the world. The world being Orange County because Nobleman focuses on the style, wit, and trends of Orange county.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, HunterHunted said:

I guess Nobleman is the magazine for the man who finds Esquire too literary and GQ too broadly focused. Nobleman is the most prestigious men's luxury magazine in the world. The world being Orange County because Nobleman focuses on the style, wit, and trends of Orange county.

This sounds like a really lame magazine.  It just seems like a magazine set up by people who have no clue what goes on outside their little OC bubble and muy pretentious.  Her husband grew up in the county I grew up in and while there are ranchers with money in Paso Robles (and winery folks) it is a little town on the side of the 101 on your way to somewhere else.  And really?  Her husband seems way more omega than alpha so who was their inspiration?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

HH, did you wander over to the ADVERTISE page? From there (bolding mine) + link at end:

THE ONLY ULTRA-PREMIUM PUBLICATION FOR AFFLUENT, INTELLIGENT AND SUCCESSFUL MEN.

For advertising opportunities, contact:
advertise@noblemanmagazine.com

To request a media kit, please email:
advertise@noblemanmagazine.com

Phone: 949-207-3445

NOBLEMAN is the only magazine for Orange County’s discerning man. With every article, our brilliant editorial team leads our readers through the best of what Orange County has to offer. Our superb content presents compelling local and international coverage, including:

• The best of Men’s style
Luxury auto / yacht / private jet trends and reviews
Luxury watch and accessories
• Reviews of the newest gadgets and tech toys
Prestige real estate and home design
Elite travel
• Local arts, entertainment, and nightlife
• The latest in health & fitness
• The art of generosity
Cutting-edge dining and entertainment coverage

ABOUT

The NOBLEMAN are leaders in their chosen lines of work, and are professionals, entrepreneurs, creative individuals from all walks of life. They are well-traveled, well- informed and eager to find out about the latest and best that the world has to offer them. He is a man of distinction, who appreciates good work and creativity in design and style in any form. He is a role model at work, a respected man of society and has great standing in the world and among his peers. He indulges in the best that life has to offer, exploring travel, motoring, design and architecture, fashion, culture, fine dining and fine drinks on every continent.

ADVERTISING IMPACT

The NOBLEMAN are leaders in their chosen lines of work, and are professionals, entrepreneurs, creative individuals from all walks of life. They are well-traveled, well- informed and eager to find out about the latest and best that the world has to offer them. He is a man of distinction, who appreciates good work and creativity in design and style in any form. He is a role model at work, a respected man of society and has great standing in the world and among his peers. He indulges in the best that life has to offer, exploring travel, motoring, design and architecture, fashion, culture, fine dining and fine drinks on every continent.

So:

-In addition to a significant (but amusing) overuse of adjectives, note that the paragraph under ABOUT and the paragraph under ADVERTISING IMPACT are identical.

-The contact info for ad opps and media kits is, likewise, identical and could be easily condensed to:

For advertising opportunities or to request a media kit, contact: advertise@noblemanmagazine.com. Why cram additional copy into an already text-heavy site? 

That self-proclaimed brilliant editorial team might do well to put down their adjective-of-the-day books and actually review the content. These kinds of errors are amateurish and conflict with that high-end image being promoted.

I wonder, too, if many of the "features" are actually advertorials (in which the subjects or businesses pay for the space and receive editorial oversight to promote themselves).

http://noblemanmagazine.com/advertise/

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

HH, did you wander over to the ADVERTISE page? From there (bolding mine) + link at end:

So:

-In addition to a significant (but amusing) overuse of adjectives, note that the paragraph under ABOUT and the paragraph under ADVERTISING IMPACT are identical.

-The contact info for ad opps and media kits is, likewise, identical and could be easily condensed.

I wonder, too, if many of the "features" are actually advertorials (in which the subjects or businesses pay for the space and receive editorial oversight to promote themselves).

I didn't take a look at the advertising page, but I'm not surprised that the copy is identical.

Ding!!!! You get a prize. I think you are absolutely correct about the features being advertorials. Publishing in general isn't doing so great, magazines and newspapers especially. It makes no sense to have a magazine devoted to Orange County style and trends. However, if all of your articles are covert ads, then the magazine makes sense. If you're a guy in Beverly Hills and you spent $500,000 on a car, you might be persuaded to go to Orange County to buy expensive rims for your car at Giovanna Wheels.

• Love 5

Back in the day I actually was the peep who wrote the advertorials for my org's clients (an easy well-paying job, O halcyon days gone forever, how I miss you). This was the print era and the publication in which these appeared had a disclaimer that resemblance to feature articles notwithstanding, these were paid-for placements.  I'd be curious if Nobleman's print editions have some sort of advertorial disclaimer, too. I'm about 90 minutes north of Newport Beach and I doubt any of the few remaining brick-n-mortar bookstores up here carry Nobleman but I'm going to look. Altho -- it may be a subscript-only mag --kind of a POD (as in we wait til we get a bunch of checks and then do a print run).

• Love 4
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

So instead of featuring a famous, good looking nobleman and his lady, they feature the whosit black and white cookie car huckster and his busted wife.  Who's  next, Jim Bellino?  Maybe one of those trailer park level dipshits from Shahs of Sunset?  

This magazine sucks, and I've never even read it.  Is nobleman one of those deals where there are a couple of photos, a lame article or two on local rich folks, and a poop ton of ads? 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/26/2017 at 8:30 AM, LIMOM said:

There is a blind item that could explain why Lydia is back

http://crazydaysandnights.net/2017/07/blind-item-4-1540.html

she also made a comment about her husband not being"aggressive" in business like her father and grandfather that leads me to believe that their finances are shaky.

I don't think the concept of the magazine is something Lydia would have come up with on her own,  so I'm gonna chalk this disaster up to her husband.

I thought it odd that in one of her talking heads, Lydia divulges the ownership split between her and her husband.  That information seemed completely unnecessary to share, and I can't help but think  Lydia shared it for a reason....maybe there is some legal loophole that would protect her financially as a minority owner should the venture go south, or maybe it was just PR protection, i.e. her way of telling the world she's not the captain of the sinking ship....it'd be her husband's fault if it failed.   Could also be the first hint that her marriage isn't quite what she hoped it would be and she's dropping breadcrumbs for viewers should something happen to the marriage.  She'd want to come out of it such that she saves face.  

As to the concept of the publication....ugh.  Super gross and archaic for my tastes.  Although, I can't decide if I think it's an idea that would work or not.  I don't know many super rich dudes (or even moderatly rich dudes) to know for sure.  It just seems that the target audience would find different ways of getting the info than from a amagazine.  Collegeus, the internet, etc.   

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Jextella said:

I don't think the concept of the magazine is something Lydia would have come up with on her own,  so I'm gonna chalk this disaster up to her husband.

I thought it odd that in one of her talking heads, Lydia divulges the ownership split between her and her husband.  That information seemed completely unnecessary to share, and I can't help but think  Lydia shared it for a reason....maybe there is some legal loophole that would protect her financially as a minority owner should the venture go south, or maybe it was just PR protection, i.e. her way of telling the world she's not the captain of the sinking ship....it'd be her husband's fault if it failed.   Could also be the first hint that her marriage isn't quite what she hoped it would be and she's dropping breadcrumbs for viewers should something happen to the marriage.  She'd want to come out of it such that she saves face.  

As to the concept of the publication....ugh.  Super gross and archaic.  Although, I can't decide if I think it's an idea that would work or not.  I don't know many super rich dudes (or even moderatly rich dudes) to know for sure.  It just seems that the target audience would find different ways of getting the info than from a amagazine.  Collegeus, the internet, etc.   

Yeah, it seems like a weird concept to me as well.

The only rich dudes, I know, are Wall streeters and being noble is the least of their concerns.

Perhaps rich OC men are different?

I still think that it is a Vanity project. 

Does her husband come from money as well?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Yeah, it seems like a weird concept to me as well.

The only rich dudes, I know, are Wall streeters and being noble is the least of their concerns.

Perhaps rich OC men are different?

I still think that it is a Vanity project. 

Does her husband come from money as well?

Total Vanity project!

... and agreed about the this being the least of rich dudes' concerns.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I wonder that it could be Shannon too. 

Shannon has never been off the show-has been on continuously.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:30 AM, LIMOM said:

There is a blind item that could explain why Lydia is back

http://crazydaysandnights.net/2017/07/blind-item-4-1540.html

she also made a comment about her husband not being"aggressive" in business like her father and grandfather that leads me to believe that their finances are shaky.

When Lydia lived near Alexis she was renting.  Her parents are divorced her father is wealthy, but I am curious what Doug does?  He seems kind of like a droolie.  This idea this couple are some sort of trend setters is a stretch.  I believe they also had an art gallery at one point.  All that is missing from their portfolio of risky businesses is a start up restaurant.  I looked up granddad's obit-there are a lot of heirs:  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/montrealgazette/obituary.aspx?pid=168775525

It will be interesting to see what the circulation of the magazine is-I believe they have two issues to date with maybe another one to follow soon? 

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

When Lydia lived near Alexis she was renting.  Her parents are divorced her father is wealthy, but I am curious what Doug does?  He seems kind of like a droolie.  This idea this couple are some sort of trend setters is a stretch.  I believe they also had an art gallery at one point.  All that is missing from their portfolio of risky businesses is a start up restaurant.  I looked up granddad's obit-there are a lot of heirs:  http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/montrealgazette/obituary.aspx?pid=168775525

It will be interesting to see what the circulation of the magazine is-I believe they have two issues to date with maybe another one to follow soon? 

Oh, I didn't realize they were renting on their first season. Wow, it really does seem like Lydia's wealth is not all that it's cracked up to be. I cannot believe they are putting their financial eggs in the Nobleman basket. It might be time for Doug to take a page from Vicki's book and start "Working!"

• Love 8
21 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

So:

-The contact info for ad opps and media kits is, likewise, identical and could be easily condensed to:

For advertising opportunities or to request a media kit, contact: advertise@noblemanmagazine.com. Why cram additional copy into an already text-heavy site? 

That self-proclaimed brilliant editorial team might do well to put down their adjective-of-the-day books and actually review the content. These kinds of errors are amateurish and conflict with that high-end image being promoted.

Yea they totally dig the big words and heavy use of adjectives, which kind of works backwards. It would be like my posting, "so then Lydia said she wanted to get her overbite fixed" but instead posted,  " with the aim that Lydia verbalized her expectation that she desired to obtain a way to give attention to her buccal cavity malocclusion."

Using too many million dollar words and, like you said, the adjective of the day book doesn't make people sound smart---- it makes them sound silly and pretentious.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sarivon said:

Yea they totally dig the big words and heavy use of adjectives, which kind of works backwards. It would be like my posting, "so then Lydia said she wanted to get her overbite fixed" but instead posted,  " with the aim that Lydia verbalized her expectation that she desired to obtain a way to give attention to her buccal cavity malocclusion."

Using too many million dollar words and, like you said, the adjective of the day book doesn't make people sound smart---- it makes them sound silly and pretentious.

And impossible to slog through, falling into the tl;dr category.

• Love 2

The other thing about this magazine is that I don't think the target audience would think highly of the Real Housewives franchise.  A plug on this show drags the concept down ... way down.  And the photo op at the fancy house was a wannabe moment.  If I were a rich guy, I wouldn't look to Lydia or her husband for trends.  

• Love 4

For all you Tamra fans out there (3 maybe? Lol!) she and Eddie are doing a marriage vow renewal in Aruba on August 8th. It will probably be part of next seasons boring crap. But it gets them a trip to Aruba paid for by Bravo. Tamra states on her Instagram "it's going to be the largest vow renewal ceremony in the Caribbean ever". How large can a vow renewal be when it's ALWAYS just 2 people renewing? Unless Mormons/polygamists are doing this now also? But I get what fake Tamra is trying to say: lots of people will be there. Yeah Tamra,  there's always hundreds of people at Carlos & Charlie's

• Love 7
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

For all you Tamra fans out there (3 maybe? Lol!) she and Eddie are doing a marriage vow renewal in Aruba on August 8th. It will probably be part of next seasons boring crap. But it gets them a trip to Aruba paid for by Bravo. Tamra states on her Instagram "it's going to be the largest vow renewal ceremony in the Caribbean ever". How large can a vow renewal be when it's ALWAYS just 2 people renewing? Unless Mormons/polygamists are doing this now also? But I get what fake Tamra is trying to say: lots of people will be there. Yeah Tamra,  there's always hundreds of people at Carlos & Charlie's

If this is filmed, it may be for a renewal special show but not for the OC show, unless they need something extra for this season. They normally do not start filming the next season until after the reunion is filmed and shown, neither of which has happened yet. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

Have they even been married long enough for that?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Have they even been married long enough for that?

I don't think there are any set rules as far as vow renewals and the length of time from marriage date to renewal date. It's a fad and it's so f'n stupid. IMO folks.If your marriage is still going strong after x amount of years, who needs to stand in front of family and friends to prove you're still in love and your bond is still strong?  Oh, I know who.....people who know there are issues and the glue is coming apart (shout out to Vicki & Don..Shannon & David)

• Love 5

They've been married four years. LOL. I think vow renewals are usually (not always) stupid at ANY time. But yea, four years seems pretty lame. Didn't Heidi Klum and Seal renew EVERY year? Look where that got them. I agree, they're the kiss of death with pretty much every reality couple we've seen.

• Love 6
On 7/27/2017 at 0:07 AM, Jextella said:

As to the concept of the publication....ugh.  Super gross and archaic.  Although, I can't decide if I think it's an idea that would work or not.  I don't know many super rich dudes (or even moderatly rich dudes) to know for sure.  It just seems that the target audience would find different ways of getting the info than from a amagazine.  Collegeus, the internet, etc.   

The only mega rich dude I know has his own lifestyle magazine about fast cars, hot chicks, and sports, so he's too busy trying to get people to read that to take time to read Nobleman.  His is only digital right now, but he's talking about a print version.  His is all backdoor advertising for companies he and his friends own.

• Love 4
On 7/27/2017 at 1:35 PM, zoeysmom said:

My guess is that they are a couple of trust funders who have enough income for a 2 bedroom condo in a good neighborhood and a couple of low end BMWs, but are fronting like so many of the side show acts on this show.   

• Love 6

We used to take a lot of magazines and would give certain ones to our kids as Christmas gifts. We quit doing that a few years ago as we can all access them on line or find articles on any subject on line. We were spending about $300 a year on subscriptions and then realized that that was stupid. In a year, this magazine will fold and Lydia/husband will be looking for a new money making endeavor. I watched the encounter between Lydia and Shannon and turned off the show. I'm already tired of it and this season just began. I'll catch up by reading about it here with y'all's expert analysis. 

• Love 5
On 7/12/2017 at 5:05 PM, LilaFowler said:

Tamra's so... normal and personable here. If she were to write a diet & fitness book, I'd probably check it out.

She looks great now if she would get rid of the extensions.

• Love 2
On 7/14/2017 at 9:50 PM, Snarky McSnarky said:

L.A. Times:  My Favorite Room.  Heather Dubrow's closet is always ready for a 'Champagne emergency'

http://www.latimes.com/business/realestate/hot-property/la-fi-hp-my-favorite-room-heather-dubrow-20170708-story.html

She goes in her closet to "drown the world out"? Really Heather? What is it about your life and your world that is so awful you need to drown it out? You're such a bitch. But damn....nice closet! Lol.

• Love 4