Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

I like Shannon & enjoy most of her kookiness because it makes me laugh & SMH.  Her sense of humor when she was referring to her house vs. Heather Dubrow's was hilarious. 9 lemons & all :)

I am not going to judge Shannon for anything regarding David's affair, how she is handling it or dealing with TOW because I have never been in her situation (& for Mr. Lucy's well-being, I better never be LOL).  I don't know how I would react if I were.

• Love 6

If shannon comes back for season 11...she will have the season 3 bitch edit curse to contend with. Can she overcome it like she kind of did this past season?

I think it depends. She does seem to have a very love it or leave it personality. I'm in the camp that found her insufferably needy, spoiled, and self centered from day one. Her poor little rich girl act just grates on my nerves. Even before anything went down with David on the show I would find myself silently saying "Oh grow up and get a fucking life" after everything she said. Others love her and find her kooky and charming. Heather on average doesn't really bug me, but I know others want to throw their TV out the window when she's on. It's odd because they're all horrible people, but some do that nails on a chalk board thing to you and some don't. So I think Shannon will likely survive a bad edit more or less intact. Those that like her will probably continue to since I don't actually think her bad edit will be some drastic 180. Those that don't like her will enjoy watching the halo tarnish a bit. Either way, it'll be good TV and she'll get asked back for a 4th season.

• Love 6

Not sure if anyone else saw the online articles, but the Beadors have dropped the asking price on their house by $5 million.  I don't understand why they want to sell, as it was a custom home, just finished in 2012.  Even more of a question, why the fire sale?  I know it hasn't sold at their asking price, but why sell at a loss?  Are they desperate for money? Or is it just a Shannon 'want'?  She wants a new house?  I can't imagine that they're going to buy another house or a model home - without major construction (say to the tune of a year or more worth).  I don't get the rush to sell, unless they're cash strapped or unless they really are splitting up.   

I am leaning towards that they are splitting up.  Remember how Yo was all over 'my king', they were so happy, and now she's filed for divorce.  I don't think Shannon will ever get over that affair.  Ever.

• Love 4

Does David's mistress live close to Shannon?  I know they ran in the same circles.  I imagine, in keeping with Shannon's beliefs about bad juju and Feng shui, she would want to rid herself of a tainted house.  From the figures I have seen, they seem rich enough to take a loss on their mansion and start over somewhere else.

However, divorce would not surprise me.

• Love 3

Do we know how much it cost to build because none of the articles mention it and they basically put it on the market right after it was completed, smells more like dipping their toe into a specialized housing market (expensive but for people who are crazy like Shannon about the latest buzzwords) and the market in that neighborhood without great views just wasn't there at the initial pricetag.

• Love 1

Not sure if anyone else saw the online articles, but the Beadors have dropped the asking price on their house by $5 million.  I don't understand why they want to sell, as it was a custom home, just finished in 2012.  Even more of a question, why the fire sale?  I know it hasn't sold at their asking price, but why sell at a loss?  Are they desperate for money? Or is it just a Shannon 'want'?  She wants a new house?  I can't imagine that they're going to buy another house or a model home - without major construction (say to the tune of a year or more worth).  I don't get the rush to sell, unless they're cash strapped or unless they really are splitting up.   

I am leaning towards that they are splitting up.  Remember how Yo was all over 'my king', they were so happy, and now she's filed for divorce.  I don't think Shannon will ever get over that affair.  Ever.

My guess is they built essentially a home and with her exposure on RHOC they decided to put a tidy price tag on it and see if there are any bites.  It does mimic the love shack built on love of the Fosters of RHOBH-their initial asking price was $27.5 million and sold for under $20 million.  What the Beadors have said collectively is essentially they want something on the water and something smaller.  I noticed they are now offering it furnished.  In the back of mind the build out price was once estimated between $6 million and $8 million. 

Does David's mistress live close to Shannon?  I know they ran in the same circles.  I imagine, in keeping with Shannon's beliefs about bad juju and Feng shui, she would want to rid herself of a tainted house.  From the figures I have seen, they seem rich enough to take a loss on their mansion and start over somewhere else.

However, divorce would not surprise me.

No, but her sister in law does.

Giselle, on 19 Jan 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:Giselle, on 19 Jan 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

....And it comes with David's frozen testicles hanging from the bedroom ceiling.

Bronzedog, on 19 Jan 2016 - 4:47 PM, said:Bronzedog, on 19 Jan 2016 - 4:47 PM, said:

And, if you act fast, they'll throw in a free, monogrammed enema bag.

And 9 lemons in a bowl.

And, please, it's a professional medical grade home colonic bag, not an enema bag!

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 2

Maybe it was always a spec house and they only lived in it for purposes of the show? I remember it was sort of half furnished with some empty rooms. It never felt very lived in to me, but that could just be Shannon's less than relaxed personality. I could also see bothof them deciding they new a new house for a new start to their marriage. Both the Shannon and David have a tendency to fixate on superficial, self help, mantra-y stuff like that.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 2

The Crystal Cove HOA has reportedly banned filming inside the neighborhood.  Doubtful that it has anything to do with their price drop, but it will impact the Beadors and Dubrows in the future when they want to host events at their homes with Bravo cameras following them around.

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/01/19/report-real-housewives-orange-county-banned-filming-shannon-beador-heather-dubrows-neighborhood

Here's a real estate sales video from January:

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 4

The Crystal Cove HOA has reportedly banned filming inside the neighborhood.  Doubtful that it has anything to do with their price drop, but it will impact the Beadors and Dubrows in the future when they want to host events at their homes with Bravo cameras following them around.

http://www.realitytea.com/2016/01/19/report-real-housewives-orange-county-banned-filming-shannon-beador-heather-dubrows-neighborhood

Here's a real estate sales video from January:

It's private property. I don't see how the HOA could ban filming inside their own homes or possibly even outside as long as no other homes or public areas are in view (tight shots) and as long as the trucks are parked within the Dubrow and Beador compounds with the generators and production not making a racket and the lights angled to prevent a nuisance. Also what defines "big productions" and what does that include, how big is big? What ever that number is keep it under that and film away. The Dubrows have a big enough underground car area that Bravo trucks could drop off equipment for the season and leave the area. One would think the same is true of the Beadors.

I bet the lawyers will hash something out.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 8

The décor is dated. The Beadors need to call Jeff Lewis for a makeover. Stat.

Eh, I think Jeff Lewis's decor is starting to look pretty dated. Everything he does looks like a 3 star hotel in 2005. But yes, Shanon's entire aesthetic does not really read as fresh.

• Love 5

This house is so tasteful, the grounds are really pretty as well.

Why would anyone want to move from this bastide?

If money is no object, this place has it all.

It might look like grandma' s house to some, but the architecture is well thought out and the materials are top notch.

Why are they leaving?

• Love 3

Yes, that is a beautiful house, for Marie Antoinette!  The interior makes me feel constipated.  Even the family room, with that big, square leather foot rest (???) doesn't look inviting.  I'm the warm, cozy furnishing type.  I like to plop down on a big, fluffy, soft, sink-in couch/sofa in my bathrobe and (carefully) eat bags of chips while watching TV.  I don't see one room in her house that you could do that in.

• Love 2

Yes, that is a beautiful house, for Marie Antoinette!  

It's interesting you say that, because the home has a slight French Country gone Contemporary feel to it.  I think it is a lovely home, but understand it is not everyone's cup of tea.

• Love 3
On 2/25/2016 at 2:48 AM, LIMOM said:

This house is so tasteful, the grounds are really pretty as well.

Why would anyone want to move from this bastide?

If money is no object, this place has it all.

It might look like grandma' s house to some, but the architecture is well thought out and the materials are top notch.

Why are they leaving?

I think money WAS the object, according to some media reports (Radar Online).

On 5/4/2016 at 2:14 PM, qtpye said:

It's interesting you say that, because the home has a slight French Country gone Contemporary feel to it.  I think it is a lovely home, but understand it is not everyone's cup of tea.

Oh, definitely a gorgeous home, but I'd be walking on egg shells in it, so afraid of getting a minuscule speck of dirt on anything. Plus, the cozy factor; it needs at least one sink-in, get cozy room, if you know what I mean, and if the room with the huge ottoman is it, it doesn't seem very cozy to me. I see her house as more of a showpiece than a "lived-in".

Oh, definitely a gorgeous home, but I'd be walking on egg shells in it, so afraid of getting a minuscule speck of dirt on anything. Plus, the cozy factor; it needs at least one sink-in, get cozy room, if you know what I mean, and if the room with the huge ottoman is it, it doesn't seem very cozy to me. I see her house as more of a showpiece than a "lived-in".

There was a scene when everybody went to go play in the underground basketball court that we saw a maid vacuuming the stairs.  I remembered being floored by it, because it was the first time a rich person, in any one of these show allowed help to be shown on camera actively cleaning up (caterers and chefs do not count). 

I think a lot of people like Yolanda and Heather, would love to portray a myth that it is they who keep up their giant homes in such impeccable condition.  I can tell you that would be impossible, particularly with the busy schedules and social lives that a lot of these women have.  I appreciated Shannon being honest about these types of things.

We know some people who recently moved into a 10,000 square foot home (way too big for me, not that I can afford it, anyway) and it is quite an expense to hire people to maintain the house and grounds.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, qtpye said:

There was a scene when everybody went to go play in the underground basketball court that we saw a maid vacuuming the stairs.  I remembered being floored by it, because it was the first time a rich person, in any one of these show allowed help to be shown on camera actively cleaning up (caterers and chefs do not count). 

I think a lot of people like Yolanda and Heather, would love to portray a myth that it is they who keep up their giant homes in such impeccable condition.  I can tell you that would be impossible, particularly with the busy schedules and social lives that a lot of these women have.  I appreciated Shannon being honest about these types of things.

We know some people who recently moved into a 10,000 square foot home (way too big for me, not that I can afford it, anyway) and it is quite an expense to hire people to maintain the house and grounds.

If they can afford the house, they can certainly afford the help LOL. That is cool that she doesn't hide the hired help and pretend she does it all.

• Love 2

If they can afford the house, they can certainly afford the help LOL. That is cool that she doesn't hide the hired help and pretend she does it all.

"If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it."

JP Morgan

• Love 1
(edited)

Looking forward to the premiere, just to see if Shannon has changed the color of her nail polish this season.

Gawd, the endless black manicure drove me bonkers the last 2 seasons. (Yes.  I am positive she wore that same color both seasons. That is how obsessed I am with her nails.)

Edited by jnymph

Im excited to see more aspects of Shannons previous life.  who knew she was a rocker chick back in the 80s, that she rode her horse to a drug store to get make up, and that she went to law school (which explains how she was able to get the best of Heather and tamra in the season 9 reunion...as well as Vicki in the aeason 10 reunion).

Last season she admitted having arguments with her scale, hated working out, and also was kind of klutzy in her attempt at working out.  Shes reality tv gold...no need to script anything for her..imho.

i wonder what she'll provide this season in terms of nuggets from her past as well as other relatable things.

• Love 7

She does seem to have a very love it or leave it personality.

Not to me, she wouldn´t make it onto my hate or love lists, she´s totally middle of the pack. But she´s got some good qualities, like she can be annoying (in a good way), often makes me feel uncomfortable with the stuff she says to her family, she´s harmless, a little crazy and often makes her co-stars crazy but they either won´t or can´t go all apeshit on her.

Shannon is an attorney??

From the preview, it looks like her and her husband are still stuck in a negative space or was Shannon responding to one of the banshees implying that Shannon had pushed her husband to have an affair?

Shannon is great but I am afraid that she will be the latest divorcee in that franchise. He does not seem to give two shits about her, imo.

Was she wearing Vamp by Chanel? this is what her old nail polish looked like to me.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LIMOM said:

Was she wearing Vamp by Chanel? this is what her old nail polish looked like to me.

I thought is was probably Opi: After Dark, In Lincoln Park but only because that's the color most of the salons, who generally use Opi, around me have.

• Love 1

Shannon and David went live on Facebook last night and as always were screwing around with the camera and picked up some footage of the house and then quickly said something like-"we showed too much of the house."  I can't figure out if the move is part of the show or if the owners of the property prohibited filming.  Does anyone know if they have bought a new property?

I liked Shannon a little bit when she first came on the show. Now, I really dislike her.

I've had many close girlfriends throughout my life and many of them had boyfriends I didn't like. However, as long as their bf's were not abusing them physically, mentally or verbally, I just accepted their choice in men and made sure we were all comfortable in each other's presence.

.Brooks is an a hole, but for God's sake, these bitches need to drop the Brooks debacle. So boring and stupid

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I liked Shannon a little bit when she first came on the show. Now, I really dislike her.

I've had many close girlfriends throughout my life and many of them had boyfriends I didn't like. However, as long as their bf's were not abusing them physically, mentally or verbally, I just accepted their choice in men and made sure we were all comfortable in each other's presence.

.Brooks is an a hole, but for God's sake, these bitches need to drop the Brooks debacle. So boring and stupid

They would have dropped it had Vicki not withdrawn her apology at the reunion last season and claimed she told the truth/never lied. She did lie and she drew the others into her lies and the best/biggest/worst example of it was her lie about Terry/late night/IV, which could have impacted him professionally. IMO, Heather has the right to be the most upset/offended by Vicki's lies, followed by Shannon. Vicki betrayed Shannon by expecting her to go along with the lies even after Shannon found out they were in fact lies. Also, they aren't upset at what Brooks said/did/lied about but what Vicki, herself, said/did/lied about.

• Love 4

Yeah Shannon didn't appear to have any problem with Brooks, she went out of her way to help him get care and was one of the few that didn't bitch about him before everything was revealed and seemed to get on with him fine.

She is angry at Vicki because she won't apologize and admit to her part in he whole thing, not to menation sending her brothers girlfriend to throw the affair in Shannon's face. 

Personally, if I had a friend who was with someone that lied for months about having cancer and she took him back (which is the rumor) I would no longer be friends with that person because it shows a complete lack of judgement and I would no longer trust them.

• Love 10

Ya, I agree it's more that Shannon was all in calling in favors to help Brooks only to then find out she was lied to.  She completely believes Vickie was in on it (maybe not from the very start, but definitely later on) and feels completely betrayed and made a fool of.   Honesty is clearly very valued by Shannon, and I completely get her in this.  I would react the same way.

• Love 12

Shannon's reaction is all about Vicki's behavior, not Brooks's. Brooks isn't even with V anymore. (That we're shown, you never know with those two.) It was the fact that Shannon was really there for Vicki and pulled some strings to try to help, and then she finds out it was all a ruse. And there's no way Vicki wasn't in on that. I do believe Shannon considered Vicki more than a "show friend", so be betrayed and lied to like that - yea, I think it warrants a pretty big reaction. To this day Vicki will still not admit any wrongdoing. Hell, there's been a few times where she even basically said Brooks didn't lie! I don't blame Shannon for realizing she can never trust her again and wanting to keep her at arm's length. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Shannon's reaction is all about Vicki's behavior, not Brooks's. Brooks isn't even with V anymore. (That we're shown, you never know with those two.) It was the fact that Shannon was really there for Vicki and pulled some strings to try to help, and then she finds out it was all a ruse. And there's no way Vicki wasn't in on that. I do believe Shannon considered Vicki more than a "show friend", so be betrayed and lied to like that - yea, I think it warrants a pretty big reaction. To this day Vicki will still not admit any wrongdoing. Hell, there's been a few times where she even basically said Brooks didn't lie! I don't blame Shannon for realizing she can never trust her again and wanting to keep her at arm's length. 

The one thing I don't understand, is why was Shannon making it about her any more or less than Briana, Tamra, Heather or Meghan?  The idea that Vicki would snap back with Brooks has his own doctors was telling.  Vicki had to have known that Brooks wasn't really going to the doctor.  It was the little things like-production had the wrong day, I had two flat tires.  I would think Vicki would have been exposed to Brooks' medical bills, prescription drugs.  Did the guy just make up he was going in for chemo with a friend? Wouldn't a significant other call the friend and see how he was doing or ask for aftercare instructions?  I would think there would all kinds of City of Hope stuff in Brooks possession.

For Brooks and Vicki to go after Shannon and then call Tamra in the after the Shannon Vicki fight was weird and telling.

• Love 4
On July 25, 2016 at 3:37 PM, zoeysmom said:

The one thing I don't understand, is why was Shannon making it about her any more or less than Briana, Tamra, Heather or Meghan?  The idea that Vicki would snap back with Brooks has his own doctors was telling.  Vicki had to have known that Brooks wasn't really going to the doctor.  It was the little things like-production had the wrong day, I had two flat tires.  I would think Vicki would have been exposed to Brooks' medical bills, prescription drugs.  Did the guy just make up he was going in for chemo with a friend? Wouldn't a significant other call the friend and see how he was doing or ask for aftercare instructions?  I would think there would all kinds of City of Hope stuff in Brooks possession.

For Brooks and Vicki to go after Shannon and then call Tamra in the after the Shannon Vicki fight was weird and telling.

Chemo is pretty taxing.  The expectation is that you will have someone drive you, wait while you are treated, and then will be given post procedure instructions on caring for the patient.  Had Vicki ever gone to a chemo session, she would have been given post procedure care instructions.   She knows this, since she and Briana have had several medical issues.  She had to have figured out that no one ever approached her as Brooks caregiver, ergo, no care was needed, I.e, Brooks lying ass had no cancer.  I don't think she was involved in the original lie, but she covered for him once she knew he was lying.  

• Love 4

IMO Shannon NEEDS Vicki to be the target of her anger and disgust because otherwise she would have to focus it all back on David. David needs Vicki to be Shannon's target, so he is always going to go even harder at her than Shannon because it allows Shannon to focus all of her anger, distrust, sense of betrayal onto Vicki. It's why David's reaction to Vicki's throwaway comment about Shannon being in her element was so over the top. He got to be the white knight defending Shannon, not realizing that sort of thing only reminds people of the DV charges Shannon filed against him a while back. He could have defended Shannon without going rabid and getting in her face. We've seen him do it before. He was calm with Heather and Terry when Tamra and Heather set Shannon up to look crazy. He was calm when Terry called him a penis and never lost his temper. Vicki saying that Shannon was in her element should not have elicited anything more than what Heather and Terry got out of him. He needs Shannon to project everything on to Vicki to keep him in the clear. 

• Love 5

Looks like cupping isn't all that whacky...Michael Phelps has at least tried it as evidenced by the cup marks on his body for this current Olympic competition.  So, maybe Shannon is on to something, but I'm not going to try it...yet!??

• Love 3