Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions Thread

potatoradio
Message added by Lady Calypso

Let's bring the discussion back to Unpopular Opinions about the show.  

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

I thought the super's comments about him were the same OTT gushing BS these writers impose on us all the time.  Didn't she say that the heart of the building was gone or something?  I laughed out loud.  

Not only was he the heart of the building, but with him gone, there was nowhere for the blood to go.

::vomits::

• Love 8
11 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Heaven. We saw William in HEAVEN. I can't with the beatification of William, especially if you just know they're going to blame everything that happened on the mother.

They kind of already did. In a flashback, we see that she used drugs first and persuaded clean cut William to use them. He was dead set against drugs but became vulnerable after his mother died. So William’s drug use is already Randall’s mother’s fault. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gurkel said:

They kind of already did. In a flashback, we see that she used drugs first and persuaded clean cut William to use them. He was dead set against drugs but became vulnerable after his mother died. So William’s drug use is already Randall’s mother’s fault. 

So Randall’s mother exists solely as a backstory plot device, to corrupt William (but very briefly), conceive and birth Randall, and die leaving the briefly degraded but still saintly William in straits so dire that he resorted to the firehouse dump.  This is not good story telling.  It’s trying to make William implausibly, almost mystically virtuous (which in itself is awkward story telling) despite the fact that he did something really awful.  So, to bridge that gap, the writer implausibly molds the mother as the scapegoat.  And to avoid the unfortunate implications of that choice, Randall is written to go to great lengths to find his biological father but is seemingly indifferent to learning about his mother (notwithstanding his teenage misadventure with the con woman in the park).  The story is engineered to puff up William’s nobility,  at the cost of leaving too many plot holes.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, TwoGrayTabbies said:

So Randall’s mother exists solely as a backstory plot device, to corrupt William (but very briefly), conceive and birth Randall, and die leaving the briefly degraded but still saintly William in straits so dire that he resorted to the firehouse dump.  This is not good story telling.  It’s trying to make William implausibly, almost mystically virtuous (which in itself is awkward story telling) despite the fact that he did something really awful.  So, to bridge that gap, the writer implausibly molds the mother as the scapegoat.  And to avoid the unfortunate implications of that choice, Randall is written to go to great lengths to find his biological father but is seemingly indifferent to learning about his mother (notwithstanding his teenage misadventure with the con woman in the park).  The story is engineered to puff up William’s nobility,  at the cost of leaving too many plot holes.

I agree there's a gaping plot hole here, but it's so big that I think they are going to fill it in.  I disagree that William did something really awful; moderately awful, maybe, but probably life saving for Randall so I can't cast that as all bad.  I don't see Randall as indifferent to learning about his mother.  When the show opens his private investigator has found his father, but that doesn't mean he wasn't looking for both parents, he probably was.  I really do not want to find out that Randall's mother is still alive and that William hid that fact to protect Randall -- that would be unbelievable to me that William would not have told him on his deathbed.  But there's something there that needs to be filled in and it is fertile ground for future episodes.  That could get real soapy real fast and I hope it doesn't. 

I feel like it's bad enough we have to watch stories about a guy who died 20 years ago and last year (Jack and William) for the entire run of the series, per Fogelman.  I don't also need to see the life of someone who died 37 years ago.  

And I feel like it'd be impossible to not either backpedal or portray her as a child abuser, and I don't care to watch fetal Randall abused, or anyone, really. 

But I do agree she's another thinly written female scapegoat, sacrificed at the altar of He-Man Hero Saints.  

On 1/13/2018 at 11:51 PM, Pallas said:

Yes. I think part of Kevin's problem with Randall is that Randall isn't Kyle. And Kevin's missing Kyle started before he was told there had ever been a Kyle. It's why he could never explain to Jack, or himself, why he rejects Randall.

On the day that the Big Three were born, Randall lost a mother and a father, Kate lost a brother and Kevin may have lost an identical twin. It may be another reason -- beyond his parents' inattention, deeper and more powerful -- why Kevin always felt he never was enough. He wasn't missing something; he was missing someone.

Yes, I went to high school with a set of female triplets where there were two identical girls and one that was not. I think you're onto something. Hopefully it will be explored on the show. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Violetgoblin6 said:

Yes, I went to high school with a set of female triplets where there were two identical girls and one that was not. I think you're onto something. Hopefully it will be explored on the show. 

I know of someone who supposedly had a vanishing twin.  I was told that he feels some sort of "survivor's guilt."

On 1/15/2018 at 11:32 AM, Winston9-DT3 said:

They need to quit telling me Jack was a saint and start showing me.   Because I’m not seeing it.   I’m sure they think his martyr’s death will seal the deal but I’m not so sure.   I already know he dies in the fire in some selfless act for his family and still I balk at the canonization.   

THIS.  He certainly wasn't a terrific parent to Kevin or Kate, was impulsive, and was an alcoholic (at least in Rebecca's presence). So I don't get the teaser/preview clip I saw where Rebecca says, "Your father wasn't perfect, but he was pretty damn close."

• Love 1
On 1/18/2018 at 9:41 AM, Lady Calypso said:

. The most we've seen of William's mistakes is when he abandoned baby Randall at the firehouse, and we heard about his drug addiction, but every other instance of him being onscreen was him being a good guy and a saint and someone everyone loved.

Even this season when we saw him in court for committing a crime, it wasn't his fault. It was because he was the world's saddest man.  Because he was somehow forced to drop his newborn child off without ensuring his safety.  

William gets far too much of a pass from the show's writers for my taste.

On 1/22/2018 at 4:08 PM, deaja said:

Even this season when we saw him in court for committing a crime, it wasn't his fault. It was because he was the world's saddest man.  Because he was somehow forced to drop his newborn child off without ensuring his safety.  

I know they can't get into all this, because it's way too many characters and all, but just because William had no relatives left, are we supposed to assume that Randall's bio mom didn't either? Surely there might have been a grandma or aunt who would have taken him, or even a family friend, at least temporarily until William got over the shock of his girlfriend's untimely death, But they have always acted like it had to be either William or total strangers.

Edited by SnarkySheep
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

I know they can't get into all this, because it's way too many characters and all, but just because William had no relatives left, are we supposed to assume that Randall's bio mom didn't either? Surely there might have been a grandma or aunt who would have taken him, or even a family friend, at least temporarily until William got over the shock of his girlfriend's untimely death, But they have always acted like it had to be either William or total strangers.

If I were addicted to drugs and had a newborn, I'd put him up for adoption right away as opposed to taking a wait and see attitude to see if I could clean to take care of him.  Babies are much more adoptable than older children and I wouldn't want to risk failure and consigning my child to a lifetime of foster care.

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

If I were addicted to drugs and had a newborn, I'd put him up for adoption right away as opposed to taking a wait and see attitude to see if I could clean to take care of him.  Babies are much more adoptable than older children and I wouldn't want to risk failure and consigning my child to a lifetime of foster care.

Very true. I just never really had the impression that William gave it that much thought, though.

On 1/12/2018 at 5:59 PM, GodsBeloved said:

Yes I loved that. Beth was awesome. This may be unpopular but I liked the Deja storyline overall and was disappointed when she left.

Great scene - but what a bummer that Beth said “It’s just us here” to get the girl to talk, and then betrayed her confidence by telling Randall.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

Very true. I just never really had the impression that William gave it that much thought, though.

No, I don't think he did give it thought.  He told Randall the first time they met that he barely remembers dropping him off at the firehouse because he was so out of it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ShadowFacts said:

No, I don't think he did give it thought.  He told Randall the first time they met that he barely remembers dropping him off at the firehouse because he was so out of it. 

I guess we're supposed to give him props for dropping Randall off at a fire station instead of in a dumpster or public restroom.

Edited by chocolatine
  • Love 1

Which action disqualifies you from sainthood? Abandoning your newborn or not telling your young son that you know where the father who abandoned him is but otherwise providing a stable, loving home?

The show and I seem to have differing opinions on the answer.

11 hours ago, deaja said:

Which action disqualifies you from sainthood? Abandoning your newborn or not telling your young son that you know where the father who abandoned him is but otherwise providing a stable, loving home?

The show and I seem to have differing opinions on the answer.

Well here's my unpopular, and I'm certain probably wrong, opinion on the matter.  William gave up his child and stuck around to make sure a fireman took him inside.  he knew he couldn't care for him.  He did the best thing possible.  Sure, he could have gone a more official route, but he still made sure Randall was OK.  So, I feel that was a good thing.

As for Rebecca, William gave Randall up.  As far as I'm concerned that means he is no longer his father.  Yes, I've already stated that I think he did the right thing by him, so I'm not vilifying him.  But, I'm big on nurture over nature.  To me, Jack and Rebecca are Randall's parents.  So, while I think she should have shared her info with Jack as I think secrets in a marriage aren't great, I have no problem with her not complicating Randall with another father figure, who may or may not have been on drugs.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Katy M said:

As for Rebecca, William gave Randall up.  As far as I'm concerned that means he is no longer his father.  Yes, I've already stated that I think he did the right thing by him, so I'm not vilifying him.  But, I'm big on nurture over nature.  To me, Jack and Rebecca are Randall's parents.  So, while I think she should have shared her info with Jack as I think secrets in a marriage aren't great, I have no problem with her not complicating Randall with another father figure, who may or may not have been on drugs.

I completely agree with this part.  William was not Randall's father. It's one reason why I get annoyed with how over the top they've been with Randall's grief.  I feel like this show, instead of showing some of the realities of adoption, has often been a slap in the face to adoptive parents. We saw Jack give up his dream to put Randall through private school. We saw Rebecca harm her relationship with her other two children by consistently favoring Randall.  

I understand that there are a lot of issues that come up with an interracial adoption, so I understand that is a factor.

11 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Well here's my unpopular, and I'm certain probably wrong, opinion on the matter.  William gave up his child and stuck around to make sure a fireman took him inside.  he knew he couldn't care for him.  He did the best thing possible.  Sure, he could have gone a more official route, but he still made sure Randall was OK.  So, I feel that was a good thing.

I agree with this, but I go a step further inasmuch as Rebecca keeping silent foreclosed the possibility that Randall could have been placed with his mother's extended family. 

6 minutes ago, deaja said:

I completely agree with this part.  William was not Randall's father. It's one reason why I get annoyed with how over the top they've been with Randall's grief.  I feel like this show, instead of showing some of the realities of adoption, has often been a slap in the face to adoptive parents. We saw Jack give up his dream to put Randall through private school. We saw Rebecca harm her relationship with her other two children by consistently favoring Randall.  

We do see Randall as probably the most functional and happy of the siblings, and he had a pretty happy childhood, retaining a strong bond with Rebecca into adulthood.  So I think that doesn't slap the adoptive parents in the face.  I think it's realistic that all that can be true and simultaneously Randall could have very strong feelings and a connection with a birth parent.  He was looking, paying an investigator, he had a need and it actually got filled.  That William turned out to have been a poet and musician and activist is too much of a fairy tale for some viewers, I get that.  It goes down easy with me because he said he did not have a very happy life except at the beginning and end, his mother and his son.  He paid a price for what he did. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Yes!  By choosing the anonymous firehouse drop, William prevented social services from inquiring into possible relative placements and gathering information about family health, etc.  I can understand why a frightened teenage girl would go this route, out of fear of her parents’ reaction.  But those weren’t William’s circumstances. 

As mentioned in the episode thread, I wasn't moved at all by the start of the fire. I was more like "Finally let's get on with this." I've also had it with St. Jack and I just want to get it over with what heroic, moving way he died (eyeroll). We didn't even really see him struggle that much with his alcoholism and sobriety.  Just one episode and poof, he's clean. 

• Love 2

Not sure if it fits in unpopular opinion but I'm glad Kevin wasn't home when the fire started. The Pearsons have a tendency to forget Kevin and the family could've been outside before they realized Kevin is still in the house. 

• Love 5

What does it say about me that I blithely pulled out the crockpot this morning?  I don’t even usually cook this cut of meat in there but found a new recipe and didn’t think twice.

• Love 2

I know there are many out there who don't want them to show the death, because they think that means Milo's off the show, or that it'll affect the show going forward negatively. But I'm definitely ready for them to get on with it. We already know that he dies. We now know it's from a fire. We also know that they'll continue to show flashbacks of the kids for as long as they can before they need to recast. At some point, they may drop the flashbacks if the kids, in particular get too old and they don't feel like recasting. But Jack's still going to be around for the series in some way. I'm just ready for the barrier between Jack's death and the aftermath to be dropped. That's what has been affecting the show; the sheer fact that nobody can talk about Jack's death, not just because it's too painful, but because they hadn't given the circumstances of his death. But now, with the upcoming episode, we can have more flashbacks of the kids in their 20s, and they can discuss Jack's death in the present day scenes, and we could get more present day Rebecca. 

It's a good thing that we're getting to the death now. No way would I want to wait until the end of the series to have that scene play out.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Crs97 said:

What does it say about me that I blithely pulled out the crockpot this morning?  I don’t even usually cook this cut of meat in there but found a new recipe and didn’t think twice.

It says you don't let fictional stories run your life?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Katy M said:

He also went to the hospital and saw Rebecca leave with Randall. He did as much as he could, given his (self-inflicted) circumstances.

3 hours ago, TwoGrayTabbies said:

there might have been a grandma or aunt who would have taken him, or even a family friend, at least temporarily until William got over the shock of his girlfriend's untimely death,

It was more than shock; he was a drug addict. The rest might still be true, but the girlfriend had been the one who introduced him to drugs; he likely wanted to get the baby away from the whole scene.

• Love 2

In the breakroom today at work, I overheard three co-workers talking about a certain show...one said, "the writing is amazing!"  One said, "I got goosebumps!"  Another said, "I absolutely love the show and everyone in it."  Apparently I hadn't had enough coffee yet because I foolishly asked which show they were talking about.  Of course, they said, THIS IS US.  I simply replied, "Oh."  Now, as you all well know, this is not a good response to the greatness that is TIU, so I was immediately peppered with questions such as, "you don't like it?"  "What is wrong with you?"  "Is it too emotional for you?"  I told them that I'd ticked off enough people with my opinion so I tried to drop the conversation, but they persisted.  I finally said it wasn't my cup of tea, which they took to mean that I couldn't handle all the feelz.  It never ceases to amaze that if one doesn't slavishly adore TIU, there must be something wrong with that viewer.

That said, I only just watched "Clooney."  While I found the previous episode (the family in therapy) surprisingly good, I am once again left feeling "meh" after watching the cat episode.  I am at a loss as to why William is being protrayed as this mythical, deep thinking, poetry writing/jazz singing soul.  I was also doing some heavy-duty eye-rolling when Randall interrupted a job interview to take a call from Garrett Morris.  I simply do not understand Randall's character.  I  don't understand why he does what he does.  Now he's going to buy a building?  Because....Billie Holiday?  I mean, is it normal for a grown man to knock on random apartment doors asking any woman who answers if she ever got bow-chicka-wow with his deceased father?  I found that kind of gross and inappropriate.  But that's just Randall, I guess!

I didn't hate Kevin in this episode, so I guess that's progress.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I am at a loss as to why William is being protrayed as this mythical, deep thinking, poetry writing/jazz singing soul.  I was also doing some heavy-duty eye-rolling when Randall interrupted a job interview to take a call from Garrett Morris.  I simply do not understand Randall's character.  I  don't understand why he does what he does.  Now he's going to buy a building?  Because....Billie Holiday?  I mean, is it normal for a grown man to knock on random apartment doors asking any woman who answers if she ever got bow-chicka-wow with his deceased father?  I found that kind of gross and inappropriate.  But that's just Randall, I guess!

If Toby ever did something one tenth that weird, people would hate him.

2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I was also doing some heavy-duty eye-rolling when Randall interrupted a job interview to take a call from Garrett Morris.  

I get the impression that we viewers were not supposed to fault Randall for doing this - and also that the interviewer was ok with it, because he said it "could be" about his kids (hello, caller ID?) But I have honestly never been on an interview in my entire life where I didn't turn my phone off. I'm sure that Randall wasn't talking to the woman all day, and in the event that some emergency actually DID happen at the girls' school during that hour or two, I'm sure the school could call Beth! If I were the interviewer I would have dropped him from consideration the second he took that call and didn't have to end the interview immediately - it would show that it wasn't in fact an emergency, yet he chose to take it anyways.

• Love 1

I think that Chrissy looked awful in her blue dress at the Golden Globes. I also think it's a sick joke that the media chose to place her picture  between the  actress who plays Beth and Mandy Moore. It made her size more obvious. 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, GodsBeloved said:

I cringe when I see a woman referred to as a bitch.

I cringe when women refer to each other as bitch, ho or heifer and when you are upset at them for calling you that, they backtrack and say they were kidding when calling you one or they don't see how that word is offensive to some.

5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I told them that I'd ticked off enough people with my opinion so I tried to drop the conversation, but they persisted.  I finally said it wasn't my cup of tea, which they took to mean that I couldn't handle all the feelz.  It never ceases to amaze that if one doesn't slavishly adore TIU, there must be something wrong with that viewer.

That said, I only just watched "Clooney."  While I found the previous episode (the family in therapy) surprisingly good, I am once again left feeling "meh" after watching the cat episode.  I am at a loss as to why William is being protrayed as this mythical, deep thinking, poetry writing/jazz singing soul.  I was also doing some heavy-duty eye-rolling when Randall interrupted a job interview to take a call from Garrett Morris.  I simply do not understand Randall's character.  I  don't understand why he does what he does.  Now he's going to buy a building?  Because....Billie Holiday?  I mean, is it normal for a grown man to knock on random apartment doors asking any woman who answers if she ever got bow-chicka-wow with his deceased father?  I found that kind of gross and inappropriate.  But that's just Randall, I guess!

I didn't hate Kevin in this episode, so I guess that's progress.

ITA. It's very annoying. Heaven forbid if you haven't seen a movie or TV show that 'every woman' has seen. They automatically assume there's something wrong with you. 

I think they are getting out of hand at Randall being nerdy and socially inept. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

I think that Chrissy looked awful in her blue dress at the Golden Globes. I also think it's a sick joke that the media chose to place her picture  between the  actress who plays Beth and Mandy Moore. It made her size more obvious. 

Well, they all wore the same color and they're on the same show. I don't think placing the pictures together was purposefully mean. I agree that the dress wasn't very flattering. I've read that it was a Kate Spade custom gown, and I noticed in the latest episode in the animal shelter scene Kate had a Kate Spade handbag. Maybe Kate Spade (or their parent company, Coach) is a sponsor and Chrissy is contractually obligated to wear their clothes to some red carpet events.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Is it "fair" to change a dog's name after a certain age if it's not objectionable?

Well, didn't the shelter woman say the shelter people named him?  So if it's not his original name anyway and he hasn't had it for long, I think it's fair game. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Is it "fair" to change a dog's name after a certain age if it's not objectionable?

I don't see why not.  I just adopted a 3 year old cat that's been in a shelter for over a year and changed her name.  Maybe it's different for a dog since they'll actually come when you call:)  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't see why not.  I just adopted a 3 year old cat that's been in a shelter for over a year and changed her name.  Maybe it's different for a dog since they'll actually come when you call:)  

I thought the dog might be confused if it knew its current name and you started calling it something else.  Since it is also adjusting to a new home, it seemed like a lot of transitions.

I don't think Charlotte is some horrible person.  If anything, her sending the pendant to Kevin was an act of genuine kindness, because she didn't owe him anything.  In the context of the situation, the audience knows about the importance of Jack and the pendant, sure.  But all Charlotte knows is that all Kevin pulls a hit it and quit on her in the middle of the night, only to return a short time later ranting about something he forgot. What was Charlotte supposed to do?  Get down on all fours and start searching?  I'd have told him to kiss my ass.

Kevin had Charlotte's name crossed off his list before he got the pendant, so I'm wondering if Kevin wrote her or called her asking for forgiveness for how he treated her.  We don't know if she was holding the necklace or decided to send it once it was revealed that Kevin was going through an addiction.  We also don't know what kind of correspondence Kevin had with her.  Did he ask for the necklace back or did he just apologize?  A lot of what ifs that we aren't going to know. 

At any rate, I'm cutting Charlotte some slack.  Kevin's baggage wasn't her problem, and given the situation, I don't blame her for wanting to be done with him.  I wish her well.  But now Kevin has the pendant, he's made amends, and that's all that matters.  

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, chaifan said:

What college is teenage Kate auditioning for?  I don't think her voice is that great.  Probably better than your average high school student, but not great. 

Berklee.

10 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

I'm wondering if Kevin wrote her or called her asking for forgiveness for how he treated her. 

He wrote her, the note said that she got his lettee and she was glad he was sober.

I dislike when shows play up muscly men in tank tops/no shirts doing physical things while women sit and watch them with drooly faces. It's not funny to me. Reverse the sexes and that same scene becomes really tasteless to the vast majority of people and something you would expect to see on a low-brow show like Married With Children.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

I get the impression that we viewers were not supposed to fault Randall for doing this - and also that the interviewer was ok with it, because he said it "could be" about his kids (hello, caller ID?) But I have honestly never been on an interview in my entire life where I didn't turn my phone off. I'm sure that Randall wasn't talking to the woman all day, and in the event that some emergency actually DID happen at the girls' school during that hour or two, I'm sure the school could call Beth! If I were the interviewer I would have dropped him from consideration the second he took that call and didn't have to end the interview immediately - it would show that it wasn't in fact an emergency, yet he chose to take it anyways.

Sometimes the writers just let nonsensical things into the scripts.  Like this ep, it bugged me that the old lady said no one wanted to buy a house full of old junk, as if they were going to walk away with a toothbrush.   Then they kept up that nonsense idea with the comments about buying all new stuff for their new house.  

32 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Sometimes the writers just let nonsensical things into the scripts.  Like this ep, it bugged me that the old lady said no one wanted to buy a house full of old junk, as if they were going to walk away with a toothbrush.   Then they kept up that nonsense idea with the comments about buying all new stuff for their new house.  

That bothered me too.  I kept trying to figure out why they needed to get rid of all of their stuff to move.  Are they moving to Hawaii or something?  Most people take things like crockpots with them when they move, unless they're moving abroad or something like that.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, laserlady said:

Like this ep, it bugged me that the old lady said no one wanted to buy a house full of old junk, as if they were going to walk away with a toothbrush

Moving my answer to the minutia thread because my answer is so long winded.

Edited by JudyObscure
5 hours ago, laserlady said:

That bothered me too.  I kept trying to figure out why they needed to get rid of all of their stuff to move.  Are they moving to Hawaii or something?  Most people take things like crockpots with them when they move, unless they're moving abroad or something like that.

Most people also sell a lot of their stuff before a move, especially if they have a garage full of junk they haven't touched in 20 years.  The wife saying they could get new stuff wasn't because they weren't taking any of their stuff with them, but just to make him feel better about getting rid of some of their old junk.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

12 hours ago, mochamajesty said:

Well, they all wore the same color and they're on the same show. I don't think placing the pictures together was purposefully mean. I agree that the dress wasn't very flattering. I've read that it was a Kate Spade custom gown, and I noticed in the latest episode in the animal shelter scene Kate had a Kate Spade handbag. Maybe Kate Spade (or their parent company, Coach) is a sponsor and Chrissy is contractually obligated to wear their clothes to some red carpet events.

I actually love Kate Spade wallets and bags but yeah, Kate Spade is definitely not where I would go if I wanted clothes as a plus sized woman... even if it were to be custom made for me.

I HATE this building storyline. I just can’t hand wave away all of the real steps it would take to buy and renovate a building. Plus they are definitely going to have to raise rents there too. I just... all of the places Randall and Beth’s storyline could go they chose this? I’d love to see more of the girls or Beth’s family or Randall actually dealing with the very real problems he has but no... he’s going to adopt! fostor a kid! buy a building! free the animals in the zoo! 

Okay, maybe not the last one...

• Love 2